July 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 421 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 401 through 441 (of 441 total)

• Day 29, NFD, Aus

It’s almost 4.30pm and I thought there’d be at least one other Day 29 poster on ahead of me!

Thanks for the extra camel, @funshipfreddie (*blush*)

Yay for you @stitchincarol!!! The best kind of end of holiday present to get! And thanks for hosting next month.

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning all. Feeling good and going for my 2nd FD of the week. I FEEL healthy so although weight is not really budging, there are a LOT of really good heathy things to be aware of and so this fasting does work in ways we don’t really see.

I no longer suffer from IBS, stomach pains, joint pains, indigestion, feeling tired, not sleeping, etc etc etc.

So onwards we go. 5:2 it is.

HUGE news for DH yesterday and a very emotional evening. DH is adopted. He put his name on the adoption register in 2005 saying he would like to meet his birth mother. Nothing more. Then certain laws were enacted here in Ireland late last year to make it easier to trace your mum or child…….yesterday a social worker rang him to tell him his birth mum contacted them in December but as his contact details had changed since 2005 it took them a while to find him. His birth mum is married in the UK and wants to meet him.

DH spent yesterday so emotional and in tears. So happy but could not hold himself together. He so wants to meet his birth mum, he thinks about her a lot, now it’s hopefully going to happen.

Only saying this here as we are an anonymous forum, but I am so happy for him.

@flourbaby fingers crossed on the property sale and purchase.
    @funshipfreddie We once took a ferry over the Bay of Biscay and it was extremely rough, barely see out the windows with the boat bobbing in the troughs, but I loved it! Most of the ship had gone back to their cabins but we stayed up with the marine biologists on board watching the waves. I must be a salty sea dog at heart 😆

Pocket list day 29
    @daffodil2010

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Struggled a bit with yesterday’s FD, but I stuck with it. I slept amazingly well too, scoring 91 on the Fitbit app! The last half-kilo doesn’t want to budge though. Could have something to do with my Monday lunch date & then the evening’s mini rum & coke binge after our bottle stores reopened. One more July FD tomorrow.

Boo Boo had her first trip to the vet yesterday, & still hasn’t completely forgiven me. She was okay in the car, but getting her in the cat-box was a mission. I wanted to get her shots up-to-date, as apparently Kwazulu-Natal is a rabies hotspot. After the riots earlier this month it seems like we’re a hotspot for everything these days. Due to Covid I had to wait in the car, so I couldn’t even hold her little paw through her ordeal. Anyway, she survived. The vet found a microchip & told me her original name was Bella Bella (?!) & she’ll turn 7 in September.

@daffodil2010 – Wow?! Wonderful news for your DH after so long?! I can’t begin to imagine how he must be feeling. But now, after telling your Bay of Biscay adventure, we’ll never get @flourbaby on a boat! 😅

Day 29 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

Good morning everybody. Not a great FD yesterday, will try again tomorrow. Busy day today 2 tennis matches and lunch with my lovely niece. Have a great day.

@northgeorgia – I like your idea of going back to 5:2 basics, it makes sense, I think I might follow your lead.
    @stitchincarol – welcome home and wow!!! Weight loss while away from home, unheard of, good for you.
    @funshipfreddie – I’m with @flourbaby, I’ll be trying to find ships that hug the shore 😊

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. A new day for me — going to retire the ADF tendencies and go back to 5:2 basics. With the evidence of increasing junk food in the kitchen, it’s obvious the extra FDs were creating feelings of deprivation and excessive cravings. Much more healthier to have just two FDs and practice mindful eating most other days, than to increase the FDs and let any opportunity for eating to be a free-for-all. My two to three month plateau has demonstrated wild 5 lb fluctuations between days and no net loss. Let’s see if I can get things under control.

@stitchincarol Welcome home and congratulations on the 1 lb drop 🙂

London, UK, non fasting day.

Hello all, normally I fast on Thursdays but I’m moving today’s to tomorrow instead. Anyway, had an interesting conversation with a friend as she had been doing Noom since September 2020 and she has had good results, and now maintaining. Good for her, so pleased. I was toying with the idea of joining Noom a few months ago, but in the end went for 5:2. Despite seeing good results on my friend, I’m not sure if Noom talks about metabolic changes, it seems the foods are categorised into a traffic light system. An example was a cream cake and a plate of crudites and houmous dip, both have similar calories. So the thinking process is saying might as well pick the cream cake (and feel satisfied mentally) despite a plate of veggies, because the houmous contains lots of oil. It would seem to me the focus is on the calories counting and fats. Maybe I’m simplifying Noom too much, has anyone researched on this programme?

For me, I’m still sticking to 5:2 and reduce the refined sugars during the non fasting days, plus doing exercise classes. It is better to give this a real go, and I have set the time for for 9 months or so, to let results (or not) to speak for themselves before reviewing.

Meanwhile, today on a non fasting day, I tried on a number of dresses (this is how I measure, rather than using a tape or weighing scales). Hurrah, I can zip up and actually don’t have to suck in the stomach! Also Barrecore has made me more conscious of good posture, this really does help.

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Another busy day, as I go to my 3-4 hours per week job at church this morning. I have lots of chatter in my mind, but I’m waking up hard this morning, and don’t really have time, so it’ll have to wait until later.

I’ve figured out what I plan to call next month’s challenge; stay tuned….

Day 29, London, UK, FD

Planning another OMAD FD today and at 3pm, it’s going swimmingly so far!!😁😁😁I actually felt queasy reading your post @daffodil2010, I go sailing on the Solent yearly as part of a team building exercise at work ………………… I was quite concerned, however, thank goodness we’ve NEVER had any wind, not great for racing, but great for my constitution!!!🤣🤣 I would need a cast iron guarantee for calm waters before any kind of ocean sailing😟🤢😟 I don’t think the Solent counts!!!

@funshipfreddie, I can imagine Boo-Boo giving you the cold shoulder, cats have very expressive faces when they’re displeased!!! In order to get Bo-Bo🐱 into his carrier, I dose his favourite toy mouse🐭 in a spritz of catnip, chuck it in and in he dives, happy to try to ‘kill’ it for the duration of the journey, and it calms his nerves too!!!

Busy at work today, which makes for an easy FD!!!🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Stay strong folks!!💪🏼💪🏼

Day 29 – Wisconsin, USA NFD

Yesterday was my first FD in a LONG time. I knew it would be painful and it was. I spread my 500 calories out, because I knew it would be a better way to work back into this. I have stepped on the scale and will use the scale from time to time. I was thinking that a better way for me to track my goals is measuring my blood sugar and measuring the circumference of my waste. Both of these markers are great indicators of health.

Good health is always my goal, and in earlier years I have been a slave to the scale and let small fluctuations in the numbers control my sense of well-being. I am trying to learn from that.

As an example, the last time I was doing 5:2 I was in very good physical condition and possibly leaner than I have ever been. I did not appreciate it and if the scale went up a pound or two, I thought I was failing. I want to learn from this.

I am just thinking out loud here about which health and fitness strategies are ideal for me. I am in NO WAY criticizing anyone who likes the scale and uses it as a tool to help stay on track. Everyone is different, and I believe it’s good to dissect how our own brains work and what makes the most sense for us.

@daffodil2010 Wow! That IS big news and exciting. Thanks for sharing.
    @gkw I have also had friends succeed with Noom. My theory is that most people need something after a certain age to help them stay focused on staying fit and healthy. Whatever works.

Day 29 – Ireland – CD

Well that is huge and amazing news @daffodil2010. I’m sure there are so many emotions running through your DH now… but how exciting!
    You sound really well! I am impressed! I am the opposite at the moment just not quite right… but will get there 👍

I struggled with my FD too yesterday but I’m been so mindful all week that I’m hoping it will stand to me.

Welcome home @stitchincarol and thanks for offering to host August. 👏

@gkw I’ve heard of Noom but was never tempted by it or any other paid weight loss program as feel that if I can’t do 5:2 (and free) I won’t do anything …and don’t want to pay for the privilege… basically as long as we are in calorie deficit over any given week we should lose some weight and slowly off is best in the long term… that my feeling anyway…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 29 USA – NFD

Yesterday ended up being a “surprise” fast day. Don’t mind one bit when that happens.

@daffodil2010 – so excited for your DH! Emotions abounding indeed. I had an interesting experience with a college friend of our eldest daughter’s some 20 years ago. She found out her birth mother’s name, knew she was at Univ. of Illinois when we were there. I had her picture in my college yearbook – made a photocopy of the pics of her in the ILLIO yearbook and sent it to her. Made me feel good as she began to connect with her birth mother, and then her birth father too.

@stitchincarol – thank you so much for keeping us going on into August.

@jaifaim – I am like you with paid weight loss programs. I’ve known people who did them only to gain back all they lost and more. They seem worthless for maintenance, but my guess is folks got tired of paying for their deals and just gave up.

Onward and downward.

Day 30, NFD, Aus

Been a very busy week for me, TGIF. Only on FDs and too much vino. Maybe August will go better for me.

Oh wow, @daffodil2010, I can’t even begin to imagine the emotional roller-coaster you and DH must be on.

@gkw: I also considered Noom (after being bombarded by ads) but I could not find any sensible reviews on the program. In the end, I decided not to pursue it, as when I properly do 5:2 I do lose weight. No point in trying something else that may not suit. Glad it worked for your friend.

Have a great weekend everyone. I tend not to post on the weekends so, see you in August. Thank you for hosting @northerndawn!

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@flourbaby – I should have taken the top off the cat-box, duh? Instead of trying to coax her through the little side door. She was halfway in there, & I think I spooked her in my eagerness to get her to the appointment on time.

@northgeorgia – after following nearly two months of 4:3, I think I’ll join you for ‘back to basics’ next month. Life’s too short! Two good FDs, more activity & more mindful, controlled NFDs will have to suffice.

Having said that, one more July FD today because I planned it. Anyone joining me on the list…?

Happy Fri-yay!

Pocket List – Day 30 🍓
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

No time, so just wanted to thank @northerndawn for the gracious hosting of July, and I look forward to seeing you all in August. Ciao xxx

Day 30 – UK – NFD

Have not managed any FDs since Day 23 🤭my head space has just not been into a fasting mode…….

Today is another NFD as I have a lovely seafood meal delivery for tonight – Dressed Crab with Spicy Mango Slaw & Asian Dressing followed by Dressed Lobster with Mirin Butter Sauce, Seaweed Potatoes, Seared Tenderstem Broccoli & Smoked Mayonnaise accompanied by some 🥂

Some of my exercise classes have not been on this week due to the instructor’s annual leave so as well as no fasting I have had a reduced activity level – I will be brave and step on the scales on Day 1 of the August Challenge after trying for a FD500 tomorrow to end this month on a positive note 🤞

@penz – thanks for sharing the article, interesting findings at the end! there is no mention how sedentary their lifestyle is and whether either do any form of exercise and if losing some weight motivated either to try any form of fitness….For me losing weight certainly motivated me to move to a more active lifestyle!
    @funshipfreddie and others keen on cruises – strangely that is one form of holiday that has never appealed to OH and I……..part of holidays for us was the planning and organising of what we would enjoy seeing/doing wherever we decided to visit….I’m with @flourbaby and @dvw in staying close to the shore too 🤣
    @emma-taylor – I’m amazed that you have been able to stick to a OMAD lifestyle for a whole year – Well done you but how do you manage that when on holidays……I try to do that on my 500FDs and on sometimes on NFDs when I have a special meal planned but doubt I would have your willpower to maintain that longterm
    @flourbaby – 🤞for both the house sale and the potential new buy for you
    @charliebrown43 – welcome on board and hope you stick with us for August too
    @edzeko – welcome back to you – I remember your name as it’s an unusual on from a few years ago. I would agree with you that waist measurement is a good indication of health. I remember a public health message that was advised some years ago “Keep your waist to less than half your height.”
    @northerndawn – your gardening efforts certainly sound like a great workout – I do hope that your sterling efforts mean that your fruit trees and bushes survive the extreme heat you have been experiencing 🤞
    @stitchincarol – thank you for stepping up to host August – you were a great host last October so looking forward to you “herding” us next month – I think I will need it as this month has 😢 been a bit hit and miss once more for me. Well done on being a 1lb lower that before your travels 👏
    @dvw – I’m with you searching for my mojo that seems to have deserted me of late…..
    @northgeorgia – If I may I think that I will join you to going back to being a 5:2 purist next month (it seems that you will have some company from what I have read in other posts!!) and I will be cutting back on the carbs as my waist seems to be on an expanding mission lately 🤣🤣
    @daffodil2010 – what a wonderfully uplifting Day 29 post 🤗 and how amazing for your DH
    @funshipfreddie – what a coincidence that you called the cat Boo Boo (BB) and her real name was Bella Bella (BB)
    @gkw – I have heard of Noom but I’m with @jaifaim in that “if I can’t do 5:2 (and free) I won’t do anything …and don’t want to pay for the privilege” I like that 5:2 is a lifestyle and I don’t feel like I’m missing out

Will definitely sign in tomorrow for a final time even though I have been fairly absent during this July 2021 Challenge

Good luck to those fasting today and hope to have some company tomorrow! “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 30 OMAD London

@at – I guess I just got into a habit, just like everybody here who is doing 5:2. I try to be relaxed about it when friends invite me to lunch – otherwise I’d never get invited anywhere! But it is easy, and I can eat what I want every day, which suits me really well. I’ve just been reading ‘How Not To Die’ – catchy title…, and I think I’m going to swerve meat and fish more, and eat a lot more veg and fruit. I do eat pretty well, but I’m going to tweak things to a more vegetable based diet.

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Folks, I had a light lunch with my boss at a fast food restaurant (yeah, it’s hard but possible), and a surprise formal dinner with the regional workforce group. I didn’t snack nor have “a little something” after returning home around 8:30 pm. I only gained half a pound. Yeah, mindfulness on NFDs and a little activity can go a long way. So happy that so many of us are returning to 5:2 basics next month! I think I strayed because I did find an occasional 4:3, once a month or so, would do me some good. But too much of a good thing, at least in my case, led to feeling too restricted, which subconsciously led to purchasing more empty calorie foods I craved. I have a feeling we’re going to do very well next month!

Day 30 UK NFD

I’m with you @at just not been able to manage a FD recently, not been too bad and weight is stable but have a big wedding in September and my outfit is very tight so need a good August

Will get my act together sign off tomorrow and start August afresh x

Day 30 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Will try for my last FD for the month. Honestly I think I’ve only really managed one proper FD this month. In August I’ll make a PLAN, write it down and stick to it. Take care all.

Pocket List – Day 30 🍓
    @funshipfreddie
    @dvw

Okay, I’ve started the August challenge, and here’s a link: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/august-aspirations-2021-challenge/#post-331566

@at, are you willing to do the spreadsheet again?

2nd post

@emma Taylor – interesting tittle to that book – personally I try to stick to a Mediterranean style diet – I eat very little meat as OH is pescatarian and we probably eat vegetarian at least 3-4 days a week – I very rarely will cook some meat for myself or perhaps eat it when eating out
    @brightonbelle – it sounds like a few of us are going back to basics next month…..join us?
    @stitchincarol – happy to oblige with a spreadsheet for August Challenge – posted already 🤗

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday was almost a success; thinking of admitting to all of you how I’d failed is all that came between me and EFS. I actually was on track for a reasonably solid FD when all sorts of bad news came rushing at me, so the fact that I didn’t go absolutely bonkers with emotional eating felt like a success. Was I anywhere near 500 calories? Nope, but neither was I pushing 2,000, so I called that a success. And what was the bad news, you ask? A dear young woman is due any day, and has been violently sick her entire pregnancy, and now has pulled a muscle in her back that’s causing considerable pain. Sigh. Pregnancy is easier for some than others, you know? The college friend who’s visiting my DD brought her 2.5 yo and discovered after she arrived that he has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease, and now my DGD has it, FAR worse than he does–like, 104.5 fevers and lots of sores in her mouth. Poor girl. She’ll be fine, but mom and daughter will be miserable for a few days! And, DH and I have a trip in October, and I realized yesterday that I bought (non-refundable) tickets for the wrong week and now the price has nearly doubled. sigh.

I kept telling myself that bad news is no reason to eat, and I didn’t simply throw my hands in the air and give up the plan…but it was sure tempting. So today I’m making a concerted effort to eat well–because it’s Friday, and that’s what we do–but to eat low-calorie–because I want to compensate for the extra calories of yesterday.

@daffodil2010 What thrilling news for your DH and you! I hope he’s able to meet his mum soon!

@northgeorgia I really admire your honesty in telling us about the “cheats” you’ve discovered in your eating life. You’ve got this; I’m sure you do!

@funshipfreddie How coincidental that BooBoo used to be BellaBella, LOL! The similarity makes me grin and wonder what it is about her that prompts repetitive names that start with B!

@edzeko Fascinating thoughts you shared, and no worries–we all know such ruminations are only thoughts and never criticisms. So glad you’re adjusting you’re seriously critical self-thoughts, however! Good luck with finding the right balance for yourself.

@at thanks for doing the spreadsheet every month for us! You’re a gem, and we treasure you.

Today? I choose resolve. Commitment. A long memory that holds on to my goals and doesn’t let a moment’s indifference–or bad news–destroy my day’s discipline. I wish you all the same!

Day 30 USA – NFD

Off to Silver Sneakers shortly. Not much else going on today. Mostly just checking in.

Onward and downward.

London, UK, fasting day.

So I’m fasting today as moved the usual Thursday’s. It is quite challenging today as I’m tired, which brings more hunger on I think. Yesterday I ate mostly nutty muesli, plain kefir with milk and fruit, plus a few cups of tea and water. Nothing else and managed a “fast” between 3-11pm, all because I was teaching a cooking class in central London in the evening, so the routine was a bit messed up. Got home late, then had a snack and went to bed very late. But I had to put in the second fasting day somehow, today it is.

Thanks for responding about Noom. I’m also thinking 5:2 is easier to maintain and fits into my lifestyle, plus it is free! I used to think I could eat whatever I want and however much I like during the 5 days, as long as I stick strictly to the 2 days of calorie reduction (or put in 4:3 some weeks). I don’t think I can lie to myself anymore, practising a healthy lifestyle has no “off days” really. I am learning to reel in and don’t eat when I’m not hungry and snack less, even they are healthy options like fruit and raw nuts. And if I had a larger or richer meal then the next would be simpler and plainer to balance things out. Hope I can form some good habits over the next few months.

Day 30 – FD – Wisconsin, USA 16:8

I feel pretty lame, jumping in the race as everyone crosses the finish line. I will start at the beginning of the August race though, I promise. Haha!

@stitchincarol – So sorry to hear about all your bad news. I have made travel arrangement mistakes often, and it is stressful. Hope everyone gets well quickly, and great job not beating yourself up!

I heard one of the Peloton instructors say our internal dialogue should not be critical, but should be the voice of a positive coach instead. I liked that!

Day 30 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@northerndawn thank you for being our lovely host 💐

I have just updated my tracker and it isn’t a pretty picture, it shows a steady trend of upwards! For 3 years I enjoyed 5:2 and managed maintenance with relative ease and then this year the wheels have well and truly dropped off my wagon. Too many reluctant FDs have been ‘rewarded’ with indulgent NFDs, I have started eating bread again and wine has gradually become an every NFD tipple rather than a weekend treat. I am wondering whether I need to take a holiday from fasting and just concentrate on good nutrition and get back into a healthier interpretation of a Mediterranean diet. Forcing myself to do FDs feels like punishment and isn’t producing the results I want so a break may do me good, some time off from beating myself up for not sticking to plan and maybe I can then get back to it feeling refreshed and enthusiastic again??? As I consider this I realise it could be a risky strategy but I feel weary of struggling 🤦🏼‍♀️ TGIF I will relax over the weekend and then reflect on the way forward on Monday……. Please excuse my rambling thinking out loud.

Have a good weekend everyone 🤗

Thank you @northerndawn for hosting July.

July was a tread water kind of month and that is about all I did; tread water and really embrace self acceptance; I am proud that I was able to push myself physically prior to our beach vacation.

Beach vacation was awesome, it felt really good to get away, and I was prepared to eat and drink everything that I wanted, as an ode to 2020- and I did. Now I am back and all that self acceptance notwithstanding, I am terrified to step on the scale, so I won’t LOL

Next month I will jump back on ADF as that works best for me; I am actually really looking forward to it.

@stitchincarol my sympathies on booking the non-refundable tickets on the wrong date. I did the same thing last year for our Mardi Gras trip; and I kept kicking myself because I just could not understand how I made such a mistake- ticket prices this year are CRAZY!!! and that does not help I am sure.

I am still playing catch up from my week off, so I have to hop off now, but I am really looking forward to seeing y’all on the other side. I remember an old saying from this forum- no matter your troubles the answer is not in the fridge or pantry LOL- hope that helps someone today

second post

@missybear, I don’t think that is a risky strategy at all. Taking some mindful time off from fasting may be just what your body needs. I keep reading that fasting is stressful on the body and at first, I did not realize what that meant because IMHO it’s the easiest way to lose weight and keep it off. But it must be, because we all have had to take a pause or break and then jump back in. I mean every single one of us has made that decision during their active weight loss stage.

So listen to your body, give it what it is asking for right now and then you will be ready to get back in the game- that is not a sign of weakness; it’s actually good strategy. We are not one dimensional creatures, and we have to take all aspects of our being into account.

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

final weigh-in for July is 72.2 kgs. which is 3.1 kgs down; more than happy with that 🙂

@northerndawn – thank you for being our gracious host 🤗

Have a great weekend all; see you in Aspirational August ⛅️ 🌈

Day 31 UK NFD

Weight exactly the same as the start of the month, which I’ll take , Thank you so much for guiding us @northerndawn

See you all in August , think I may take your advice @at 😇

Day 31 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

Good morning. I’ll go for a long walk this morning and then tackling the garage later – packing up stuff for my move. I made a tofu/chick pea stew yesterday, very nice. Take care all.

@northerndawn – thanks for hosting us this month. 🙏

@missybear – I know what you mean about wanting to take a break from fasting and just focussing on nutrition. Maybe start one week at a time? See how it goes?

@funshipfreddie – Wow!!! So impressive – congratulations 👏

Day 31 – UK – TDEE?

Thank you @northerndawn for hosting during the July 2021 Challenge – you were fab 💐

I was hoping for a FD today but an unexpected invitation for afternoon tea has put paid to that….

@stitchincarol – sending you a big 🤗
    @funshipfreddie – well done 👏

Well done to those who have lost or maintained during the past month.
    For those who have gained don’t get disheartened as tomorrow is a new month and a brand new start!!

As for me I will be going back to basics in August, drinking plenty of water and using MFP to keep control on my NFD because I know that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

See you all tomorrow in the appropriately named August Aspirations 2021 Challenge with @stitchincarol

Day 31 Canada FD

I haven’t been as regular in my posting this month as I would have liked, but the challenge has helped me enormously. I have found a healthier way of eating and achieved a few successful FD’s which was my goal. Need to do some work on exercising and drinking less wine so will be working on that next month.
    @missybear my only goal was to start eating well again this month with no pressure to do a FD (I started to get a really bad attitude towards them). It went well because I felt part of the group and I lost 1.2kg so I am thrilled. Take care and listen to your body

Thanks so much for hosting @northerndawn see everyone over in the next challenge we are so fortunate to have @stitchincarol host

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday went decently. Was I truly at 1200 calories or less? Probably not. But neither did I go nuts, and for that, I was pleased. I have the same goal today of trying for 1200 but willing to tolerate “not going nuts.” The scale puts me at 153.2, which is a solid four pounds down from the beginning of the month. Did I truly lose that much weight? Probably not, as I suspect that beginning number was inflated with bloat and bulk from the previous days, but the scale says I did, so I’m feeling delighted in the direction. I also feel as if I have the majority of my mojo back…not the part that makes me behave impeccably, but certainly the part that keeps me from from “going nuts.” So I’m prepared to do some serious behavior modification (my aspirations, you know) in August and get back into the 140s.

Thanks so much, @northerndawn, for your terrific hosting in July. See you all in August Aspirations!

Day 31 – USA/GA – NFD

Nice to have converted this FD into a NFD to return to a 5:2 sustainable WOL. Weigh-in today: 223 lbs. Feeling cautiously optimistic for August, although I’ve been on a three-month plateau. Looking forward to continuing the journey. See you in August!

Day 31- Final Day of July 2021 Challenge

Congratulations to everyone this past month for the fabulous support you have all given to each other, and a heartfelt thank you for your contribution to this challenge. I knew I would have some obligations this month which prevented me from posting daily, but I also knew everyone in this group would step up at one time or another to take up the slack.

In my opinion, every challenge is a success in that we increase our self knowledge, and learn new ways of using this WOL to increase our health and wellbeing. Whether we lose weight, meet our activity goals, maintain, or even gain a bit……. I think the greatest benefit of participating in this forum is the lovely friendships we enjoy here……a good laugh shared, a warm and caring thoughtfulness, and a salve for the soul on many a day.

Good luck to all, and I hope to see you all on the August Aspirations Challenge!

Day 31 USA – NFD

Wow, is July really ending? Sure enough.

@northerndawn – thank you for being such a terrific hostess for us this month.

@stitchincarol – I have booked tickets for wrong dates as well, always with some sort of ramifications. Sorry yours is on the expensive side. Bummer.

On to August!

Day 31 – Ireland – NFD – sorry thought I’d posted this…

@northerndawn thank you so very much for looking after us and hosting July! I feel like it wasn’t too bad a month for me with some decent FDs under my belt but no real loss… I am on new medication though so not worrying too much and will see what next month brings.

Thanks to everyone else for the company throughout this month and see you all in August. Thanks @stitchincarol and see you there. I’ll use the spreadsheet next month and thank you @at for setting it up.

I am off to the south coast to stay with my pal and out for a nice dinner tonight and some more adventures this bank holiday weekend.

Stay safe and well all.

Closing weight 163.3… aim is still to get below 160 👌

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

2 Aug Australia
    Hi, I’m a bit lost, my email went down for a bit. July was a success. I lost 3.5kg, 4cm off my waist, 8cm off my hips, and 10cm off my bust – naturally, that’s where I lost most! Is there an August challenge, and how do I find it? best wishes to everyone for August, and stay safe.

Hi, @lyndyhw–

There sure is an August challenge, and here’s the link:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/august-aspirations-2021-challenge/#post-331566

See you there!

Viewing 41 posts - 401 through 441 (of 441 total)

You must be logged in to reply.