July 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 421 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 441 total)

• London, UK, FD

Fasting today. Also turned out to be time of the month (sorry gents!). I’m carrying on the fasting day as normal. I think it was @stitchincarol asking about weight loss? I have lost 2kgs since started on 25/5. Weight fluctuated since but seems to be hovering at the same weight after the fasts so I take it as a real loss. Not measured waist as it doesn’t seem to be moving at all. I probably won’t measure this for a while. Meanwhile I’m adding some exercises in weekly to strengthen the core. Currently my day is pretty sedentary, except dogwalking and housework. Don’t have lots of weight to lose, just the inches in the middle to get rid of. Having said all that, I do feel a bit “lighter”, does it make sense?

Will have a couple of more generous eating days including desserts coming up this weekend as it is my husband’s 50th. Looking forward to those.

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Finally, a good number: 221 lbs. But now entering a two-NFD stretch before Saturday’s planned FD (my nephew’s birthday is Sunday). Have to break the pattern and watch my TDEE for the next few days. Thank goodness we’re over-souped! I feel certain that will be the options for the evening meal. Also, it looks unlikely we’ll eat out at work, so I’m taking a lunch (easier to control the calories). I’ll just have to watch myself on Friday, I think.

I know it isn’t advised, but has anyone tried two FDs back-to-back? Some days, like today, I’m not too hungry in the mornings after a FD. I’ve done ZBCs on days like today, but never a full FD. Effective, or no real difference compared to a standard 5:2 with the spacing out of days? I’m more curious than interested. I think the answer for me is just 4:3’ing as much as I can until I train myself to control the majority of my NFDs with proper TDEE maximums, so I can settle back into 5:2.

@funshipfreddie I hope you’re able to get restocked soon!

@stitchincarol How did you fare through the tornado outbreak?

The servers bring out a small dish of Ziti to each person at the table.

As a small plate of pasta is placed in front of Buzz, he says, “excuse me? Mine doesn’t seem to have any sauce on it.”

“It’s pesto,” Megan says.

“I don’t care what brand it is. How am I supposed to eat spaghetti without sauce?”

“No, no, Hal. It’s basil pesto. It isn’t served with sauce.”

“What, no tomato sauce?? Who’s ever heard of that?”

As other tables begin to look over, the server closest to Buzz says, “if you’d like, I can bring out a cup of marinara sauce for you, sir.”

“Is that spaghetti sauce?”

“Uhhh, yes, sir. Let me get you some sauce.”

“And some Parmesan cheese, too!”

“Of course.”

The server quickly disappears into the back as the rest of us begin our pasta course.

Rita and Megan begin a small talk conversation about the flowers and design of the programs while Aunt Beverly speaks up.

“So, John, how is the insurance business going?”

John finishes chewing his mouthful of Ziti and responds, “very well! I’ve built up my client list and have my own office at the agency. It can be pretty hectic some days.”

“What is the strangest case you’ve had?”

“Well, I had a client just last month who said he was driving down the road, returning from shopping, on a sunny weekend afternoon, when his sunroof just exploded out of no where.”

“What,” says Wes. “I have never heard of that.”

“Neither had I, but I looked online and it’s apparently a rare but pretty consistent problem across all makes and models.”

“Did he get it fixed.”

“Oh, yes. It was fixed pretty quickly. I felt so bad because I claimed he wouldn’t have a deductible, but hidden in the policy, it appears sunroof glass replacement is not covered. He had to pay out $500. He wasn’t happy.”

“I guess you have to deal with a lot of unhappy people in your work.”

“Yes. I tried to explain that $500 is better than $1,500, but it is hard for people to understand why they have to pay premiums and a deductible on top of that. He did calm down after all was said and done. Never heard from him after he got the check in the mail.”

(Based on a partial true story, except I didn’t get angry or go in to complain. I suspected it was a $500 deductible, as I saw it in the small print before I ever submitted my claim).

Good luck to the pocket listers today!

2nd post,

@northgeorgia, I usually work Tues – Thurs and found it easy to fast at work so for over a year I did B2B2Bs. I’m not sure if they resulted in me going soooo far off the rails and regaining a number of lbs too large to put in writing!!!

For me, my only B2B these days is Back 2 Basics!!!

Sticking to 5:2 (sometimes 4:3 to account for ‘that’ FD from hell) because …………… It works!!!

Day 15 UK FD

I agree @northgeorgia – if you fancy giving it a go, do it! what’s the worst that can happen , even if you don’t go the full 24hrs a partial FD is better than none

Personally I need a day in between but who knows that too may change

Stay safe @funshipfreddie

Day 15 USA – NFD

Went out for breakfast with DH to Denny’s. Wow… they sure can load up the food in their choices. I had their eggs Benedict with a very delicious hollandaise. Not too many calories or carbs. DH enjoyed his treat of fruit topped pancakes. Why do they serve a huge serving of hash browns with that, eggs and sausage? Oh well – glad he didn’t eat too much.

@northgeorgia – yeah for you maintaining. That isn’t easy. Bet you’ll be losing again before long.

@funshipfreddie – sure do hope you and all of S.Africa can get civil unrest back under control. 🇿🇦

Onward and downward.

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Whew! Some days are just a whirlwind, you know? I WAY overslept this morning, so had to leap out of bed, pull on clothes and head out the door still with my sleepy face on! Now I’m home and DH came with me to help clean up the kitchen, which was a mess from last night’s Cold Corn Soup. I was promised sublime, and what we got was pleasant, no more, so the dirty kitchen was a high price to pay for merely pleasant! 😂🤣

And now I need to go to the grocery store to hunt for some sort of pork chop that is FD-friendly so that I can make a plum relish with our getting-old-and-soon-to-be-awful plums. That and steamed broccoli ought to be satisfying and still below calories. I hope, anyway!

I’ll try to read and catch up later, but it may wait until the morning. I think of you all frequently, and hope all is going well for each of you.

Day 16, NFD, Aus

Somehow I missed yesterday and missed my usual Thurs FD too. I seem to start each week on a positive note, but the music just slides away by Thursday.

Lots of posts to catch up on. Glad to read your post note @northgeorgia as I worried about the account of the client’s sunroof was an exact replica of your experience.

Thinking of you @funshipfreddie – stay safe.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 15 Minnesota, US CD

Sorry for the late and brief post. I spent the day in my garden weeding, watering, etc, as the temperature was reasonable and the humidity was pleasant. It will soon be hot again, here.
    Dentist visit was one of the best dental experiences I’ve had. My dentist is a definite keeper, and I’m so happy to have found her!
    I’ve read all posts: It seems that everyone here has stepped up and offered their sage advice, compassion, cheer and motivation, so I don’t feel that I can add much more to improve upon what has already been said.

@funshipfreddie – What a day you had…..thinking of you and fingers crossed things improve.
    @basyjames – Enjoy your vacation!!!! And I absolutely love that quote.
    @lyndyhw – I enjoyed your post, and please feel free to check in anytime to update us with your progress. I’m glad to hear you have a good plan and educator in place. We are here whenever you need support.
    @at – Glad to hear you feel so much better.

@snowflake56 – I am thinking of you and hoping with all of the flooding in Germany, Belgium and France that you are safe. Let us know how you are doing if you have some time, please?

Off to a zoom meeting and then early to bed.

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Back to the office was good, great to get back to normal. However my 3rd FD slithered away by afternoon as my boss had bought tasty treats to celebrate me returning fit and well, so it would have been rude not to partake 😄

It’s a gorgeous sunny Friday and the weekend ahead promises to be glorious, so plans afoot for DH and I to take a tentative spin on the motorbike, albeit paying attention to my body if it needs to go home…..I haven’t been on the bike all year but I feel well enough after the op to try out the pillion for a spin.

Going to my friends tonight for dinner, there will be three of us dining alfresco with wine, looking forward to it.

@funshipfreddie, oh that sounds terrible about your long fruitless drive for supplies. I hope you get sorted soon.

@northgeorgia, I completed 2 FD’s in a row this week and would have done 3 except for the cakes that were offered on my return to work. Give it a try if you feel you can, but any type of extended fast is good for you anyway.

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Day 16 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another successful week, scales stay the same, finding maintaining where I am now very easy indeed, eating and drinking well and a few treats, including beer. Throw in a couple of FD’s and all good……

It’s 2 years this month since I joined this forum and the monthly challenges, it’s been the weirdest 2 years, I could never have imagined c-19 and just to rub salt into the wounds, cancer and the resulting treatment!

NOW THE GOOD BIT …..

Despite everything thrown across our path during this 2 years, Mrs IHL and I have done well, my 5:2 journey has been and continues to be a great success.
    Mid July 2019 I weighed in at 265lb/121.5kg
    Mid July 2021 I weigh in at 209lb/94.8kg
    a loss of 56 lb or 26.7kg
    BMI down from 38 to 29.8

During and after the cancer treatment, I lost a lot more weight, very quickly, which was not good. So I was told by the dieticians to put weight on (weird after many years of being told to lose some!) So we picked a ‘happy weight’ and that’s where I am now. I have an upper limit and to be honest just maintain where I am now and finding it very easy.
    I have often mentioned the help and support from members of these monthly challenges, it’s an awesome group of people, thank you, for the help with 5:2 and the real support through tougher times, brilliant.

Take care all.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@flourbaby – it’s complicated! Definitely not just as simple as the haves vs the have-nots. It’s political, tribal, there’s even fierce rivalry within the ruling party, ie the ANC. And on top of that we had massive unemployment even before Covid, especially among the youth. Most of this unrest has been orchestrated, & then of course there are the opportunists, as you mentioned. And the whack-jobs. I mean, torching schools, factories & warehouses; destroying infrastructure?! How’s that supposed to help the unemployed?! Anyway, things are slowly returning to normal. There’s a huge fuel shortage in my province; luckily I filled up just before all the craziness started. But I still have an empty fridge. I saw a woman coming out of a Spar at 11:30 am with groceries yesterday; she said she’d been there since 6:30 am! This morning I heard people have been queuing since 4:30 am. So you wait for hours, & then you’re allowed 20 items 😳. Needs must; today I just need to bite the bullet & get in a queue. I’m sure things will have calmed down after the weekend.

As for Boo Boo, I only got her in mid-May, literally as I was moving into my new place. She belonged to an old friend/neighbour from a couple of years ago. Boo Boo spent half the time at my place then anyway. When the neighbour became quite ill with dementia and other problems, his relatives couldn’t get anyone else to adopt his cat. Anyway, she’s adorable, predominantly white, with grey & black blotches, & huge green eyes. For most people it’s love at first sight.

Sorry for all the rambling! This may be my longest post ever, & not much about fasting! But, maybe food deprivation counts?

@northgeorgia – I don’t think I’ve ever done B2B FDs, though I’ve done several days of OMAD. And I’ve never done a water fast.

@i-hate-lettuce aka Barry – congratulations on your 2nd fasting anniversary!🎈🎉🎆 And what an achievement?! You’re an inspiration🏋

Anyway, that’s my 3 FDs done for this week, & I’m down about 5 kgs in the last 5 weeks. I will definitely be cracking open my last bottle of wine tonight!🍷

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

Happy Sunny Friday everyone ☀️

Thé second half of July will see a better effort from me! 💪

I’ve been invited to a friends summer house for the weekend and am so looking forward to it… actually my weekends are filling up with invites and catch-ups. I am very lucky as I hadn’t planned anything as it’s such a busy time with children off school and is not normally a time that I would travel.the sun has been out here for a few days and it’s definitely feeling like summer… I had a lovely swim at my local beach after work yesterday and it is felt like I was abroad. So many people on the beach and tte sayer was actually… warm 🤩

Stay safe @funshipfreddie!
    And @snowflake56 I have thought of you as the news reports come in from Germany…
    Like others have said, you are both in my thoughts.

I hope everyone else is doing well 👍.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs., a 3-lb gain in a day. I guess from the salt. The soup was really good. But my mom had also prepared fresh from the garden corn, biscuits, and well– some meat (I won’t mention it because it’s a rural delicacy of wild game that upsets some people haha), but obviously a bit salty, too. Plus I keep eating after 8 p.m. I think I’m going to have to reinstitute the “no feeding after 8” policy, or I turn into a gremlin.

I’ll do a FD tomorrow as Sunday is my nephew’s birthday. Plus a client got almost in a tizzy yesterday until I agreed to meet him over breakfast this morning… yikes! The pandemic has changed people into a “I don’t care if we get more work done online, I have to see you face to face or I’ll have a breakdown right now” crowd. I don’t mind some in-person meetings, but it shows how much time and money were wasted in travel, lodging, food, and other expenses. Anyway, I’ll enjoy my off site visit at a restaurant! Guess I’ll skip breakfast at home this morning.

I don’t know if anyone is fasting today, but if so, best wishes to you!

Day 16 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Just a quick hello to everybody.

@ihl – such an inspiration!!

Day 16 Pocket list
    @dvw

Day 16 Canada NFD

It’s awfully hot and smokey here. Off to work early today and looking forward to catching up with everyone during the day

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

It is a beautiful sunny day here, I went for a walk early before the heat built up and felt like I was walking around in the Mediterranean, so lovely I feel like I’m on holiday in my home village 😎 and its Friday, I have stuck with DTF so I will enjoy a drink this evening. Plan to have a thoroughly relaxing weekend putting my feet up, reading in the garden and pretend like I am on holiday…..the fridge is stocked with lots of fish, salad and fruit so I can keep the Mediterranean theme going with healthy eating and red wine….. I will try to be careful with the wine but I know there isn’t a hope that I will be as disciplined as @stitchincarol was earlier this week.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend 🤗

@funshipfreddie I am thinking of you and hoping you have managed to stock up your fridge 🤞

Day 16 MN/USA NFD

So, a good week so far and it seems many of us are settling into a nice rhythm of controlled eating with some pretty good FDs to notch on our belts, so to speak.

@missybear – it sounds like a lovely weekend of comfort and peace that you have planned. I hope you enjoy it with enough moderation to have no guilt or regrets on Monday! Since my DH is planning a night out to dinner, and DD is planning on a Sunday cookout, I am actually talking to myself as well. Lol.

@i-hate-lettuce – What an impressive and inspirational journey you are sharing with us! It’s a privilege to be a part of it.

@bellyblast – We are getting some of the Ontario smoke down this way on some days, as well as from fires in Northern Minnesota’s Boundary Waters area. It makes for some very hazy hours at times, and no a good time to be taking a brisk walk or other moderate activity outdoors. The sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous, though. The only bright side. Take care when out and about.

@northgeorgia – Salt is often an obstruction in my downward trend as well. Drink plenty of water! You know that 3 lbs is not fat, so don’t worry too much. I hope you can be “good” at breakfast with your client. I have done back to back fasts (B2B) and even three in a row. For me the results are mixed, and I don’t do them much, but if I do, I only do it with 800 calories. Doing two FD500 cals in a row seems to be easy enough until evening of the second day. I tend to overeat the next day.

@funshipfreddie – How nice of you to have taken in Boo Boo from your neighbor! And I wish you luck today.

@daffodil2010 – Enjoy the bike ride and the weekend!

Off to another health appointment, but I may check back in this evening.

Happy weekend and good luck with moderation or fasting!

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

“So I’m not feeling anything but pride at the kind of behavior that loses weight. Now to maintain such control every single day!”

That’s what I said Wednesday morning. Wednesday evening was a little wonky with an unexpected interview in Omaha at 8pm, and I know I ate over my goal of 800, but it wasn’t bad. Thursday morning was fine. Thursday afternoon was fine–until around four. That’s my witching hour. And that’s when I started hoovering. A beer. Some cookies. Supper. Some margarita. (A lot of “some.”) And on and on and on. I went into my sewing room and sewed, which should have done the trick, but, oh no, I just kept on hoovering. (Love that term.)

Went to bed. Finally fell asleep around two. Woke up at four-thirty. Had to make multiple trips to the loo with diarrhea. Still feel quite awful this morning. So I’m not even bothering to feel guilty about yesterday, because my body has taken care of punishing me, LOL!!!

Today won’t be low-calorie because of what’s on our evening menu, but you can bet I’m done with my hoovering for the week!!

@songbirdme and @daffodil2010 I should qualify what I said, and point out that always wearing shoes was what my doctor recommended just for when I was suffering from plantar fasciitis; so when I had to get up in the night to go potty, instead of sliding into my lovely lambs wool slippers, I slid into my sneakers, LOL! That was ten years ago, and I go barefoot all the time now, and haven’t had PF return, thankfully.

@northerndawn So glad the dental visit went so well! I also was thinking of @snowflake56; the images on the news (saw them while cooking supper last night) were simply awful.

@missybear I laughed to read your commendation for my moderation on Tuesday…you spoke too soon, given my behavior on Thursday, LOL!

@lyndyhw Nope, not boring, and great success so far! Keep exploring what works best for you and your body and circumstances, and you’ll do great.

@funshipfreddie I was amused at your list of what you have in the house; it had crossed my mind that, as a faster, you’d be okay with less food than what others thought necessary, but to be able to list all the food you have?? Well, let’s just say, if something prevented me from getting food for some period of time, we could probably go three MONTHS, between the freezer and the canned/dry goods we have. I’m a “stocker,” with the goal that if I need something for a recipe, I already have it. And I often did…but now I cook a whole new variety of recipes! 😂🤣😂 But, on a serious note, so glad things are beginning to calm down; I hope they continue in that direction and life becomes peaceful again.

@basyjames Have a grand, grand time in Cancun!

@gkw That’s more than I’ve lost since 25 May, LOL! Good work.

@northgeorgia Didn’t know anything about tornados in my area; just looked and they touched down in Iowa, where they did some damage, but nothing too awful, thankfully. And I laughed out loud at John’s story of his strangest insurance claim! 😏

@i-hate-lettuce Barry, we also celebrate your success and your presence on this forum is part of what makes it such a lovely place to visit every morning!

@missybear “I will try to be careful with the wine but I know there isn’t a hope that I will be as disciplined as @stitchincarol was earlier this week.” Uh, yeah…I’m going to try to be as disciplined as I was also!!!! 😂

Okay, off to be productive, now that I’m actually feeling quite better. I’ll be thinking of you all as we collectively fast or strive for disciplined moderation. Hugs to all of you, my dear forum friends.

Day 17 UKNFD

Sorry I did not get a chance to check in yesterday but I had a good fiast day yesterday
    That completes my 4:3 for the week

Not much opportunity to catch up with everybody but wishing everybody a great weekend…

If I don’t get a chance to check in before, then see you all on Monday 🙂

Day 17 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Another glorious morning, sun beating down already. Fun day for us today, dog sitting!
    Our friends are at a family wedding for the day so asked us if we’d look after their dog for the day. She’s a very lively spaniel so going to be a fun day.
    We have always had dogs until we retired, when our last dog died we decided with wanting to travel more it wouldn’t be fair to have another, so looking after one occasionally is fun.
    Right …. walk time before it gets too hot for our guest.

Take care all

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – Um, yeah; my fridge looks a bit pathetic at the best of times. And you’ll only find a couple of ice trays in the freezer. No ice mind you, just the trays.🤦 I always go out for lunch, so I only eat once a day at home. I really hate throwing food away, so I try to buy just enough for two or three days at a time. My pantry is usually a little better stocked; but I moved a couple of months ago. So I’d let everything dwindle to nothing & hadn’t really replaced much before everything kicked off last weekend.

Anyway, I couldn’t believe my luck yesterday. The Hypermarket was still chaotic, cars & people everywhere. So I drove onto the next suburb, to find the Woolworth’s Food Hall had finally reopened. With only about 20 people in the line! It was like Durban’s best-kept secret. Woolworth’s is our version of Marks & Spencer. I was all done in 45 minutes. There wasn’t much fresh produce, but I was expecting that, & I got enough to see me through the weekend. Cat food too! And then I saw one of my favourite coffee shops next door had also reopened, so I was on cloud 9 😃.

Have a lovely weekend everyone ⛅️🌈

Day 17 UK NFD

Ah that’s good news @funshipfreddie 😀

Lovely day here planning a nice long walk over to Lewes and have booked a nice pub with a great garden for an early dinner

Have a good one all

Day 17 Canada NFD
    It’s been a busy work week and I’m rushing out yet again for my last work day of the week 🥵

Day 17 Minnesota, US NFD

@i-hate-lettuce – My DH and I also decided that at this stage of life owning another dog would not be fair, due to our plans to travel frequently once he retires. We have a lovely and beloved cat, but I do miss having a furry canine friend in the house. You’ve got me thinking…….maybe I could become a part-time dog sitter in my spare time. Hmmm….

@funshipfreddie – Very glad to hear that you had a good day and that you and Boo Boo are stocked up for awhile.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday went exactly according to plan, which included steak and a bottle of wine shared with DH. Thus, it wasn’t low calorie, but it was the plan, and I behaved impeccably…memories of my suffering still fresh in my mind, LOL! Now if I can pull off the same impeccable behavior today, I’ll be getting somewhere!

@funshipfreddie How lovely that your grocery shopping ended up being so relatively painless! Hopefully by the next time you need to shop, it’s even easier and faster and more completely stocked!

I have a wedding to play for next Friday, except on a keyboard not an organ, and the pieces are new to me, so I’ve been practicing endlessly. The music is staring at me right now, so I’m off the seven steps to the piano to go through it again. And again. And again. I always try to be entirely polished when I play, but for this wedding, my dearest friends will be there, all of whom know music, so there’s an extra motivation to be sure I’m thoroughly polished, LOL! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday went exactly according to plan, which included steak and a bottle of wine shared with DH. Thus, it wasn’t low calorie, but it was the plan, and I behaved impeccably…memories of my suffering still fresh in my mind, LOL! Now if I can pull off the same impeccable behavior today, I’ll be getting somewhere!

@funshipfreddie How lovely that your grocery shopping ended up being so relatively painless! Hopefully by the next time you need to shop, it’s even easier and faster and more completely stocked!

I have a wedding to play for next Friday, except on a keyboard not an organ, and the pieces are new to me, so I’ve been practicing endlessly. The music is staring at me right now, so I’m off the seven steps to the piano to go through it again. And again. And again. I always try to be entirely polished when I play, but for this wedding, my dearest friends will be there, all of whom know music, so there’s an extra motivation to be sure I’m thoroughly polished, LOL!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

223 lbs (barely), and nearly halfway through this Saturday FD. Tomorrow’s my nephew’s birthday, so planning for today and Monday to be FDs.

Pocket list – day 17
    @stitchincarol CD
    @northgeorgia FD500

second post

@northgeorgia I wish you lots of will power, restraint, resolve, luck–whatever it takes for you to stick to you plan today and see a lovely number in the morning! I know you’re getting truly tired of being stuck in the 220s and I’m cheering you on!

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

There was no movement on the scales after my last FD; so I’m aiming for one more week of 4:3.

Where is everyone? Everyone having a chillaxed Sunday, I hope.

Happy Mandela Day!

Pocket List – Day 18 🍓
    @funshipfreddie

Day 18. OMAD London

I’m here! It must be very strange in SA, @funshipfreddie. We are so used to being able to fetch food whenever we want it. I’m reading a fascinating book called Civilized to Death, which is partly about how early hunter gatherer communities spent small amounts of time finding food, and lots of time relaxing, playing and generally having a good time. And they were much healthier than today’s humans. Worth reading.

Another beautiful day in London. Not OMAD a day on Sundays. It’s my cheat day, so I’m still in bed, having just had some chilled watermelon. I started making a dress yesterday ( called the Pontoon dress – it’s on YouTube for the sewists among us…) and it went a bit wrong at one point, so I did a fair bit of unpicking, which I secretly like, and I’m going to finish it today. My idea of a good time. It doesn’t take much. Have a lovely Sunday, all

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I was awake at 5:20 this morning, so went ahead and got up. My Sunday mornings are generally quite hurried, so it’s rather a treat to have a peaceful pace.

@emma-taylor Cute dress! What color(s) did you use? And I’m in a quilting email group that calls unpicking stitches “frogging”…as in, “rip-it, rip-it, rip-it”!

@funshipfreddie I hope the peace you’re feeling this morning extends to your country!

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 18 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Busy day ahead so perhaps a good day to fast. It doesn’t always work out but I’ll try my best.

@funshipfreddie – good to hear you were able to find some food and the queue wasn’t too long. It’s so odd writing that, I hope things have calmed down.
    @ stitchincarol – no doubt they asked you to play at the wedding because of your professionalism, I’m sure it will be wonderful.

Take care all.

Day 18 – UK – FD800

Another very hot day – out in the garden early for some tidying up and collected the remaining blackcurrants and another good amount of gooseberries. My first attempt at a Gooseberry and Elderflower Cake was a success, I served the first slices still warm with some plain Greek style yogurt and OH loved it and I also shared some with one of my neighbour. Yesterday afternoon I went to visit an elderly friend and took some slices for us to enjoy in her garden with a cup of tea, spent a pleasant hour or so with her in the shade 🤗

Had a fab walk on Day 16 in the Langdale Valley going up to Whorneyside Force – it was a hot one but well worth the climb 🥵 The waterfall is situated on Whorneyside Fell, high on the mountainside. Hell Gill Beck drops a total of more than twelve metres into a deep bowl shaped pool.
    There are a couple of YouTube videos that gives you an idea of what a lovely hidden treasure it is! Check it out ☺️

We had our monthly meal delivery from Simon Rogan yesterday and it was 😋 and definitely well over TDEE for the day as it was accompanied by a wine selection!!
    *Confit Jersey Royal Potatoes, Smoked Eel, Whipped Curd and Parsley
    *Sourdough and Whipped Butter
    *Pork Belly Marinaded in Miso, Pickled Raisin, Kohlrabi and Hazelnut
    *Rum Baba, Caramelised Pineapple, Ginger Cream

So today is Day 1 of B2B2B2B2B FD800 – not having fasted since Day 5 I need to take myself in hand this month and get back on track!!!!!

@northgeorgia – I often do B2B FDs but they tend to be FD800 – I’m attempting 5 x B2B FD800 this week as it’s going to be a hot week and I find it easier to eat less on hot days. I think they are effective if you don’t go on an EFS few days afterwards…..I aim to stick to TDEE days for a couple of days afterwards if I can 🤞
    @daffodil2010 – must have been nice to be back at work and feeling “normal”
    @i-hate-lettuce – congratulations on your 2nd 5:2 anniversary and what a journey those 2 years have been for you but you have come out in a good place at the end and best of all healthy! I think that we all love having you stick around on the forum and look forward to your daily posts!
    @funshipfreddie – thinking of you and hope life settles down soon and how fab that you managed to get some groceries for yourself and Boo Boo and what a plus that your favourite coffee shop was open too – I call that a win-win!
    @dvw – I’m joining you and @funshipfreddie on a FD today after a very indulgent Saturday!!

Pocket List – Day 18 🍓
    @funshipfreddie
    @dvw
    @at

For the last 2 weeks of this challenge I am reminding myself that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

@stitchincarol. I’ve made it twice, once in dark blue Irish linen and this time in white. Which I now realise is transparent and has the opacity of a paper bag. I daren’t go out in it! I’ll have to organise a slip. And I’m going to call it frogging from now on…. great name.

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: barely got to 220 lbs today. Unfortunately, today is a feast day, so I will continue to work on my struggle to the 210s this month 🙂 I looked back to July 18, 2020, when I was so pleased to have lost 25 lbs to that point in that year, and 15 lbs or so since starting 5:2 a couple of months previously. I’m down 34 lbs since 7/18/20 and 59 lbs overall, so I still feel very satisfied! I have to remember to stay strong (plateaus will end), and this is a way for my body to have a readjustment period to my new baseline.

One thing I’ve recognized is I’m under-consuming water on both FDs and NFDs. Let’s finish up July strong!

Day 19, FD, Aus

ANOTHER cold foggy morning here. I’m so over this grey grey weather!

So I’ll focus on all the successes celebrated in the posts
    – grocery shopping and fave cafe, @funshipfreddie – the simple pleasures!
    – two years @IHL! Time flies.
    – @EmmaTaylor and @stichincarol – frogging!! I love it
    – dental visits, @northerndawn – who’d have thought you could find a dentist to love!
    – unexpected summer house weekends, @jaifaim – sounds glorious.
    – milestone birthdays to enjoy, @gkw Happy birthday to OH!

Day 19 CD country West Australia
    Been out of action for a while and then on holiday 😎🏊‍♀️out of range – but happy to be back.
    Have maintained my lowest weight in a LONG time by adhering to better eating but not 5:2.
    Happy to be starting back with 5:2 this week.😀
    Hi to everyone old and new.🤝
    Sympathising with all those in lockdown wherever you may be .😷
    Here in WA we have been fairly lucky with life almost ‘ normal’ 🤞 but we do get our state borders shut pretty quickly which upsets the travel plans of many and disrupts family life enormously.😢
    Our DS hasn’t been able to visit for a long time now. 😞
    Was due to fly over 4 weeks ago and then Sydney had a lockdown.
    Can’t wait to see him sometime soon.🤞🤞🤞
    Have a good day all.

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a fabulous Sunday! After an entertaining Saturday looking after friends dog, Sunday was a few small errands in the morning, back for 11am coffee, then a lazy day! Didn’t even get the BBQ out, spent the day chilling.

Just after lunch, the 20/20 ‘hit and giggle cricket’ England vs Pakistan, fun entertainment. Then in the evening, watching The Open golf, not that often we do completely lazy days, but this one was a good one and we did it to the best of our ability!

Visitors at lunchtime to watch the naming ceremony (via video link) of a new cruise ship, one which we will be on for her maiden voyage and our friends will be on at a later date. After that off to another friends for the evening for her birthday bash!

Todays FD has been postponed until tomorrow 😉

Take care all

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Amazingly warm and sunny weekend. We went for a quick spin on the motorcycle on Saturday morning and I was absolutely fine, no pain with the jiggling that goes on when on a motorcycle – So happy that normality is back.

Bit of a wine fest in the sun however, so although I was good yesterday I needed a breakfast this morning of kefir, walnuts, banana and raisin, all for Monday morning energy as its going to be a tough week.

My boss suddenly decided to take this week’s as annual leave leaving me (just returned to work after sick leave). and two colleagues who are both new and in training….so I have no support really 😨 I know he hasn’t taken proper leave in a year, but sheesh, could he have waited another week?

So, I have put on my positive head and this week will be fine. I will hit stress out.

Great to hear you got some supplies @funshipfreddie.

Like @i-hate-lettuce, today’s FD has been postponed until tomorrow ☺️

Day 19 – UK – FD800

After a successful FD800 yesterday – aiming for my 2nd one today 🤞

7am Broga session ✅

Quick catch up here before heading out to meet DD and join her for her dog walking morning! We’re sticking to shaded woods, rivers with plenty of shade to keep the dogs cool…..
    We’re then aiming to finish the morning with a wander to Gibson’s Spout which is a lovely little waterfall just a mile out of Bootle village. It was artificially enhanced by Victorian engineers to create small reservoir for the village water supply.

@gkw – Happy birthday to OH!
    @lilymartin – lovely to see you back with us – wonderful news that you have managed to maintain at your lowest weight too x

I have a 5pm Dynamic Yoga class booked – it will be a hot one no doubt 🥵but should help to keep me focused on my FD800

Right off to pack some coffee and a snack to enjoy when we get to the waterfalls at the end of our morning walks.

Day 19 Pocket List
    @penz
    @at

Day 19, UK, FD

This week I will be fasting on today (Monday) and Wednesday. After that I am on holidays… (3 x short breaks)

So my plan is to be very controlled on Tuesday/tomorrow i.e. my NFD. I am going to try very hard to make it a ZBC and also a CD.

It’s a countdown to see what I weigh on Thursday morning after two fast days and a full-on CD. 🤞🤞🤞

I am having a lovely relaxed Monday morning before I start work.

I am sitting outside in the glorious sunshine listening to the crickets chirping in our neighbouring field and having a cup of tea watching the sun dry out that the dew on our neighbour’s hay. It’s already about 24 degrees Celsius here and it’s only 8am! #GrabItWhileYouCanInTheUK !!

@funshipfreddie – Glad you could get some provisions and some Boo Boo food! I really hope things are improving for you over there… 🤞

Also, like others, I have been wondering about @snowflake56….The devastation in western Germany and Belgium is so upsetting.

@dvw – Sorry I only just saw your post from day 15
    It’s fivetwo5252fan here!!

At the moment I’m going through quite a good stage of being able to actually get on and ACTUALLY DO the fast days, so I’m pleased with that. But there’s a big ‘but’ coming…!

Currently I think my big problem at the moment is what I eat on my NFDs!

Like a few others have commented on here, I really really love carbs! I love cake and chocolate and crisps! 😋😋

Also because I am now doing 4:3, I do feel like I should have one day where I can eat whatever I want! I really don’t want to stop that because I know from past experience that if I start feeling routinely deprived, that is where I just lose all motivation and can’t carry on…!

Also no matter what people say, I strongly believe that the amount of exercise that I do really does impact my weight!
    Sadly at the moment I am not able to do tons of exercise. I am carrying a couple of injuries, plus I am super-busy with work and just not getting the opportunity to do everything I want to do exercise-wise.

I am also feeling a bit frustrated because I have been doing fasting for over seven years and I know from previous experience that what I did in the past to successfully lose weight, is now simply not enough given that I am on the other side of menopause 😢

So now I really have to go the extra mile to lose the weight… For an example, in my younger years I was able to combine tons of drinking wine and eating carbs and just do two fast days per week and lose weight! Now these days that is a complete fantasy ha ha ha!

Also @DVD, for completeness, my current weight is 122.4 pounds. My goal (which was my best 2019 weight) is 118 pounds.

@lilymartin, hello And welcome back, congratulations on maintaining your lowest weight that really is fabulous!

@at, wow you are amazing doing your back to backs and also doing fasting on a Sunday!

@daffodil2010 – good luck with your return to work, not the easiest of conditions for a ‘gentle’ return, eh?!

DAY 19 Pocket list:

@at
    @penz
    @high5 (fivetwofan5252)

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@emma-taylor – I was just checking out the book you mentioned. But I must say I’m a big fan of agriculture, & I’m so glad I don’t have to go out hunting for berries & squirrels every day. Somehow I doubt our paleo ancestors had the idyllic existence some people imagine, but I doubt we’ll ever know for sure. I can’t help thinking that if things were that rosy, then agriculture would never have been invented. I also checked out the ‘Pontoon dress’🤦 As an ex-casino dealer, the word Pontoon piqued my interest. But it doesn’t look very casino-related.

@daffodil2010 – I hope your week isn’t too stressful?! I’ll be joining you & Barry for a FD tomorrow.

Things appear to be rapidly returning to normal here, but people are still on edge; mainly due to rumours & fake postings on social media. There’s a massive cleanup operation underway all over the province. Our rogue ex-president is due to appear in court via video-link on assorted corruption charges, so, never a dull moment

Happy Freedom Day England! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Wishing the Monday fasters an effortless day 💪

Day 19 UK FD

Oh dear the scales accurately reflect my indulgent weekend Pressing that trusty reset button and aiming for a very good week as I have another big weekend looming when my best friend and her hubby are coming down to Brighton to celebrate her 60th

@high5 I agree it definitely gets harder 🥲
    Day 19 pocket list ☀️
    @at
    @penz
    @high5 (fivetwofan5252)
    @brightonbelle

Day 19. OMAD London

Phew it’s hot.

@brightonbelle – we came down your way on Thursday! As we can’t get abroad, Thursdays are seaside days, so we got the train to Brighton and went swimming (!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!) at Saltdean Lido. First swim this year. It was ace. Not especially good weather but at least that meant we could get in. Once school holidays start we’ve got no chance! But there’s always the ( freezing) sea ….

@ Funshipfreddie – not that kind of Pontoon…

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

Post NFD Feast Day weigh-in: 223 lbs. This week, planning to do today, Thursday, and Saturday as FDs. That will set me up for next week’s crazy schedule to do Monday and Wednesday (and maybe Saturday week) as FDs to close out the month.

The waiter returns with a cup of marinara sauce which Buzz promptly dumps over his pasta. About ten spoonfuls of Parmesan is doled out over the pile on his plate before Buzz is satisfied. As he mixes the pasta up on his plate, bits of ziti fly onto the tablecloth. A speck of sauce almost reaches Lola as he shovels a bite into his mouth.

Lola suddenly sets her glass of water down on the table and politely asks to be excused to no one in particular. She heads towards the restrooms.

Good luck to us all!

Day 19 pocket list ☀️
    @at
    @penz
    @high5 (fivetwofan5252)
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

London, UK, impromptu fasting day.

Hello everyone, after a few days of eating normally that included a birthday meal and a junk fest yesterday, I thought I would fast today, instead of tomorrow – get it in while spirit is willing. Also the very warm weather in London is great for fasting!! Went out to the park with the dog earlier, and I felt so sorry for him. Far too hot for all, but unlike me, he couldn’t wear shorts or take off his coat. It is now 1pm and I’m planning to eat around 5pm, the plan is a beef and broccoli stir fry and fresh strawberries with plain yoghurt and a spoonful of chia seeds. I love summer fruit, pretty much every week I buy the berries while they are in season. I’m learning not to snack on fruit on an eating day, instead I eat the fruit during meal times. Some days I find it easier to do, some days not so much.

Does anyone have cravings? It is most peculiar, but my “vice” is porridge oats or nutty muesli, nuts indeed!!!

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Busy day today as we prepare to drive to Colorado tomorrow. We’ll stay with DD and DGD (and SIL as well, except that he’s so busy with summer camp that we’ll barely see him) and then head to Arapahoe Basin where the wedding is to be. Here’s the info; it’s well worth drooling over, LOL! https://www.arapahoebasin.com/weddings-functions/ The morning after the wedding, we’ll head back to DD and DGD for a few days and be home the middle of next week.

My goal was to have gotten down to 152 by the wedding. Since I woke up to 156.2, that’s clearly not going to happen. I was making real progress, and then ruined it all by last Thursday’s behavior. I’ve been sort of decent since then, but all those calories simply added up. Thus, all fasting is currently accomplishing for me is to keep me from gaining tons of weight. We don’t have more travel until late September, so perhaps I’ll manage to behave myself for the two months until then, and make some real progress. We can hope, right?

@at You have some lovely fruit in your garden! Did you plant it all, or was it already there when you bought the house? And, you’re right: Whorneyside Force is truly lovely! Did you swim or wade in the water at all?

@northgeorgia As you continue to battle your way to the 210s it’s worth remembering that the more slowly you lose the weight, the more easily you’ll keep it off. You’ve done terrifically in the past year, and further success is coming!

@lilymartin Glad to see you back! Didn’t you have a new grandchild recently?

@i-hate-lettuce Fun days you’re having!

@daffodil2010 Oh my, truly a challenging week. I just bet you’ll do marvelously, however, and cope with all the curve balls, and feel great managing so well!

Day 19 pocket list ☀️
    @at
    @penz
    @high5 (fivetwofan5252)
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Day 19, London, UK, NFD,

It seems as though I’m following the pattern of skipping weekend posting. Even though it didn’t derail my plans in any way, I’ll be nipping that in the bud ASAP!!! I know I shouldn’t complain, but the heat is killing me, nothing worst than that sticky-icky sweaty uncomfortable feeling …………… that was a complaint wasn’t it??!!

@funshipfreddie, unfortunately, there are so many people out there who thrive in these situations, they stoke the fire, then watch it burn 😥😥As for Miss Boo-Boo, I don’t think I need to see her, I’m in love already!! I expect all the dog people are holding there hands up, saying “I don’t get it”. My precious cat Misty died when she was 24 in 2004, she was ‘special’ and with her kitty-ESP, she comforted my mum through a time when my dad was very, very ill and they make EVERYTHING alright with a head nudge, a nuzzle and that weird kneading thing they do on your lap until it’s “Just So”😻😻😻 Good to know you managed to get the essentials, cat food & coffee!!🤣🤣

Oh @northgeorgia, now curiosity is killing me ………………….. was it squirrel? It’s just between you & me!!! As a meat eater, I believe if I’m happy to eat chicken, beef, duck etc………………….. I can’t complain about the snake, squirrel, rabbit eaters out there!!!……………………. However, I do draw the line at cannibalism ……………………. just!!😂🤣

The heatwaves & fires across the pond, the flooding across the channel, the unrest way down South😥 …………….. I really don’t have words; well, I do, but they’re🤬🤬

@i-hate-lettuce, your numbers are inspiring, no wonder the mankini has become your summer ’21 staple!!!😜😜

Welcome back @lilymartin, congrats on maintenance, even if it isn’t at goal weight, the lessons learnt will help when you get ‘there’!!!

Oh, Lola🤢, Uurgh Buzz🐽!!!!

I’ll be joining the Tuesday pocket list since I’ll be at work and my kitchen will be miles away!!!!

Weirdly enough, I thought I posted this about 7hrs ago!!!………………………. and that said, without any 🍷!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 19 USA NFD

I’m caught up on posts but have no real time to comment this afternoon. I have a lot to get done outside. Temperatures here are over 90 F /32.2 C all week and into the next. Must get some things done before the worst heat of the day.

@stitchincarol – Have a grand time and I’m sure you will play the piano flawlessly.
    @daffodil2010 – Good luck this week, and try not to feel too stressed. The boss will have to manage any problems when he gets back…
    @lilymartin – Very good to see you back with us!

Planning a FD tomorrow. Good luck to all fasters and everyone striving to keep to TDEE or less.

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Woke this morning feeling grumpy and not in the mood for a FD. As the day progressed I haven’t felt much like eating anyway so I’ve managed a FD after all!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 441 total)

You must be logged in to reply.