July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 810 total)

• Day 1, Emden Germany, NFD

Hi old friends and a very warm welcome to my new friends! I also love the beginning of a new month, it’s like a fresh start.

Starting weight: 55.3 kg/121.9lbs at a height of 163 cm/5.4ft. The weight range I want to be is 54-56 kg, the last months I always just got under 56. Goal for this month is to end under 55 kg. I’m with @debster251 on the 30 Days shred, I aim to be on the same level as @flourbaby 3 months from now.

My journey so far:

I’m Dutch, 62 years old and recently retired. I never had any weight problems and always was a stable 56 kg until 6 years ago when I started a new job as a practice manager. My weight got more and more due to ice cream and sweets. In January 2017, weighing 70.9 kg, I decided something had to be done and started to lose weight on my own. Started 5:2 at the beginning of February. From March on I joined the challenges. It worked very well, the weight just fell off, the support I got here was amazing. I reached my goal being 56 kg on March 29th 2017 and have maintained since then. I’m not a big poster, just too much to do.

Just stick to the basic 5:2, it works and you don’t have to restrict yourself too much.

I think this is going to be a great month so let’s do this together!

Hi,

I’ve watched the original TV show and had the book read back in 2013, but somehow never managed to actually do it. Weight-wise, I’d like to loose a stone (or two) in the next year, and (please!) keep it there.

Now, I’ll be starting tomorrow, and try fasting on Mondays and Thursdays, see how it goes. I’m coupling the challenge with a goal set to run a 10K race in 5-6 weeks time. I’m looking forward to it and am really happy to have found you guys here!

Wish you all good luck and have fun!
    Amie

Day 1 UK CD

So I finished June with unplanned B2B LFD. Due to fever I couldn’t keep anything down. So there may well be a bit of a Gap between my June end weight and July beginning!

Felt so ill last night, and fever still climbing, today has been brought to me by the NHS -at it’s best. From 111 to ambulance to a&e it’s been wonderful. Now on a ward for a few days rehydrating and IV antibiotics for atypical pneumonia. But eating again – yay! And all the meals come with nutrition information Inc calories 🙂

Won’t be doing my usual FDs this week while I’m in hospital or on antibiotics, but will jump back and join in when I’m home. Wishing you all a wonderful first week of this new challenge xx

2nd post

@michelinme that must have been scary, I’m so glad you’re in good care now, just get better soon. Hugs xxx!

Day 1 UK NFD
    HI
    I’m new to the forum but have followed 5:2 since the end of April. I have lost 9.5 pounds so far and would like to lose another 4.5 this month before going on holiday. Hoping that joining the forum will help as I’ve been reading it for a while.
    Looking forward to being accountable!

Day 1 – USA – NFD

Welcome all newbies and familiar faces to a fresh new month with a fresh @shinything as our den mother and moderator! I have been on this wonderful forum since February 2017 and have dispatched a total of 34.6 lbs and about 26 inches overall. I do 2 FDs a week, usually Wed/Fri. on a 16:8 schedule; I eat low-carb, moderate protein, healthy fats and have no desire for sweets or anything white anymore. The many resources found online have made it possible for me to still have my favorite dishes that are very satiating and healthy by just changing up some of the ingredients that are low-carb friendly. I am 63 years old and semi-retired. I love this WOL and am about 7-10 lbs. from my final goal, then maintenance. @rainbowsmile, you’re a dancin machine (a la the Jackson Five)! @penz, a woman after my own heart, and a better woman than I! Good luck this month on staying dry. @michelinme, thank goodness you are getting the care you need. Hope you recover nicely soon.

I recently joined the forum. Looking forward to the July challenge.

My biggest issue is that once I start eating, I get even more hungry. It seems to make no difference if I’m eating carbs, protein, fats or any combo. The hunger starts within 15min of eating 🙁

Day 1 NFD 16:8 Oregon USA

Last night was our eighth graduation party in the last three weeks. I am choosing not to weigh in until Friday this week as I think I would probably get immediately discouraged. Better to give myself five days of clean living and start from there.

And we still have ours next Sunday night for our own, but I’m committing to a good week prior to the party, so hopefully I won’t overindulge then.

@michelinme–wishing you healing thoughts.
    @shinything-thank you for hosting this month!
    @annemarilyn–glad to see you here my PNW friend.
    @debster251-nice to be back in your company. 😊

Oh and @metatauta–I’ve been working on reducing carbs for the past three weeks and believe that it’s going to really make a difference. Not doing true “keto” but definitely aiming for LCHF.

“Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” Dr.Seuss❤️️

Day 1, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Just a quick hello to my old friends and welcome new friends.

Have a good Sunday and a good start to our July Challenge.I 😊🌼🌻

@shinything: Thanks again for leading us through July.💐

Jul 1 Post 2: Decided to do a FD today after all!

Hi all!

Ok here we go.

Day 1.

NFD I weigh in stones & lbs so I’m 11st 3.8 this morning. I’m 5’ 7’ so I can afford to be a lot lower!

My goal this month is to weigh 10st 12.

I’m going to keep it simple & stick to the plan!

My fast days will always be Monday, then the other will float.

Good luck everyone xxx

Day 1, Sicily, Italy, nfd

I’m on holiday in Sicily until 6 June. Ie next Friday when I return to Gozo, Malta.

I’ll be having nfd days this week until I start a B2B2B on 9 July.

Please count me in this month s challenge ShinyThing. Thanks for hosting.

Have a great week everyone,

Michelinme: Get well quickly! Sorry to hear you are in hospital! Hugs!

Day 2 – Japan – FD

Water fast #47 in 2018, at least I hope.

Day 2 FD Auckland

Nothing like a FD on a bright sunny winter’s day!
    @emma Taylor I love your mental image of me as Patsy Stone😁. I was thinking when I’m a 68 lb weakling I’ll get a dinner jacket/ evening suit made in HK Alexander McQueen style! (Dreams are free!)

I’ll star a pocket list (to keep all those on the FD enthused)
    @merryapple
    @amiep
    @marsupial

@michelinme Thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery.
    @cornish Jane I made sour dough bread last night and now I’m on a FD. Bad timing. You’re doing so well!
    @purplevilet I hope you gain strength from this forum. The first few FDs are tough but then you get into the swing of things. You always feel good after a FD – sharp and focused. I haven’t managed any of the longer fasts. I’m sure someone else can advise you about them. But the point is it’s a learning curve, nothing’s right or wrong and it’s about you finding a path that works for you.
    @mjrbcd44 Love Dr Seus’ wisdom!

Cheers!

This is my first monthly challenge! I’m new…. so I am a bit lost..
    I’m a 35yr old female professional from NZ. I find fasting on Monday and Thursday the best for me… I have lost just over 4lb total in the 2 weeks I have fasted so far.
    Hoping for another good week but i blew out a bit on Sunday with a family dinner with all the trimmings! Now i have a cold but am battling through my fast regardless as I know I will feel better for it later. Hoping for another good week. I also did my measurements for the first time last week so I am not sure when I should do them again.
    That is for hosting! Appreciate any tips.

Day 2, Emden Germany, FD

@siano and @slacknz welcome!

@slacknz I think we were all lost before entering this thread, just stay with us and ask for advice when you want to know anything, lots of knowlegde around here. I only weigh and measure myself at the start and ending of the month. I have a tight dress I want to fit in comfortable, I put it on when I think I gained a bit. I’m on maintenance and don’t have to lose more weight. Watch out doing a FD when having a cold, if you feel weak, please stop, eat sensible and try again when you feel better. Try eating chicken broth, good for beating colds.

Pocket list started by @merryapple (to keep all those on the FD enthused)

@merryapple
    @amiep
    @marsupial
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @snowflake56

Have a good day everyone!

2nd post — Weight is 79.3kg about halfway through my fast. It is edging up a bit, probably because I couldn’t take the heat anymore and started using the air conditioner.

Already a bunch of us!

Day 2 pocket list:

@merryapple
    @amiep
    @marsupial
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @snowflake56

Thanks @snowflake56 ..
    I had a museli bar just after lunch as I was not feeling great.
    I have been having lemon teas and peppermint teas all day which has hydrated me a bit i think. Just a head cold so i just feel sorry for myself more than anything!
    Planning just a wee dinner tonight.

Michelinme get well soon. I hope you get a speedy recovery.

Day 2 UK FD

Pilates this morning followed by a short run hopefully. Plan to eat some porridge with berries lunchtime then salmon salad later.

I’ve been good on my fast days since starting in April but overeat at the weekend. I really don’t want to count calories apart from fast days as then it feels too much like a diet. Any suggestions?

New to this so not sure how to add my name to the pocket list. Would someone please mind explaining to me?
    Thanks
    Have a great day everyone

Day 1 – SW WA USA – NFD

Many of you have already begun Day 2 and I’m posting late on Day 1. Welcome to a new month new folks and returning! @SlacNA – you mention you’re new and a little lost. Be sure to read @shiny Thing’s 1st post. It has a lot of helpful info. Hope you get feeling better. @michelinme – so sorry you’ve landed in the hospital but pray you’re getting good care & will be on the mend soon.
    @shiny Thing – thank you for your comments regarding my recent accident & also about my mom/mum. My mother is “narc sensitive” and every time there’s a hospital stay it seems the staff needs to be educated in taking care of her. It took all her energy to eat her breakfast this morning & she’s been sleeping most of the day. We as a family. believe this is probably due to the meds they’ve got her on. A little goes a long way with our mom.

For the new folks, I’m a newly retired ELL or ESL (helping folks learn English who have another language or more in their lives) teacher. I’m still expecting to work part-time this fall. The retirement aspect will probably be sinking in as folks go back to school in fall and I won’t need to set the alarm. As to this WOL, I began in fall of 2016 I believe. At my highest I weighed 245 lbs and at lowest, I’ve lost about 45. I have popped up some and am starting the month at 211.2 lbs – full disclosure. Aiming to move that downward and get going with an FD on Day 2.

It was a stressful final school year due to administration, then Mom in the hospital & a car accident. I have a feeling that as the stress/cortisol lessens, the weight might be more cooperative. I’m going to aim to make good choices and we’ll see what my body does. I do want to stay with you wonderfully supportive folks on this journey!

@mjrbcd44 – yes still in SW WA until the end of the month but then planning on moving to Eastern WA where my adult kiddos are. Good to see you back my PNW friend.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Good morning everyone and hello July 💃 I did not post yesterday, it was my one day off this week and had a ton of stuff to do……which culminated with me sitting in the evening sunshine drinking white wine. Bliss.

So, the usual Monday reset but pounds have not piled on from the weekend so not discouraged. The weather is still amazing, temperatures not as hot as last week but still in the mid twenties. No sign of rain. No hose pipe ban here in my part of the country but maybe soon?

We have a 1200litre water butt which collects rain water…..and it’s now dry 😱 In Ireland to have drought is almost unheard of. Grass is looking stubby and brown everywhere. The only thing I am concerned about are my tomatoes in containers, must keep them watered. Established plants will find their own way.

Goodness, here I am rambling about plants!

It’s an FD today, but for some reason I don’t think I can do an LFD or even OMAD, so I have soup sorted for lunch (when I break my fast) and maybe a small omelette for dinner.

@annemarilyn hope things settle for you and your mom recovers.
    @michelinme wow, don’t even think about FD’s while in hospital. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    @mjrbcd44 hey, welcome back! We missed ya!

I can’t copy and paste with this stupid iPad but I am with you all on the FD today.

Have a good Monday everyone ☺️

Good morning all

Day 2 FD

Yes more gorgeous sun in London 🙂

I plan to stay busy all day & have salmon and veg tonight.

Good luck x

Day 2 UK NFD

Sorry I totally forgot to check in yesterday as I had a very busy day. Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to do my usual Monday fast today as I have alot on. My fast days will be Tuesday and Thursday this week and I may possibly do a 3rd on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a good day and I’m sending you all positive vibes. 😁

Day 2, Newcastle UK, FD

Another wonderful day weather wise and perfect for my first FD this month. We bought quite a few plants over the weekend, and whilst it is probably way too hot for moving things around, I’ve got my eye on a few candidates…. Fingers crossed.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery @michelinme.
    Onwards & upwards/downwards @annemarilyn – let’s hope you left all the stress in June.

I’m not adding myself to the pocket list as that usually backfires on me. But all the best to my fellow fasters today.

Day 2, second post

@siano You just copy and paste the pocket list and add your name to it.

Day 2 pocket list:

@merryapple
    @amiep
    @marsupial
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @annemarilyn
    @daffodil2010

hi @strawberriesandcream nice to have you with us! I didn’t add you to the list but will be thinking of you.

@daffodil2010 just keep rambling on about plants, my DH and I are the poorest gardeners you can imagine. We had 18 tomatoplants last year and only 9 tomatoes
    came out of them. The 6 zucchiniplant didn’t survive either.

Day 1 FD was ok. . Went 200 calories over as I want keeping track properly. Wont be doing that again!
    What does everyone do when they slip up like That?

Day 2 North Wales FD

Day 2 pocket list:

@merryapple
    @amiep
    @marsupial
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @annemarilyn
    @daffodil2010
    @molij

Hope you get better soon @michelinme

Have a good day everyone x

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@michelinme wishing you a very speedy recovery 🤗

Day 2 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @amiep
    @marsupial
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @annemarilyn
    @daffodil2010
    @molij
    @missybear

Good luck for a successful FD everyone 👍

Day 2……Florida…..FD

It seems as if I was off in never never land for more than a month. It feels good to be back, but I feel kind of like a newbie. This month is all about renewal and finding my way again…..So here we go!

I was thinking yesterday that along with getting my FD’s in order, I so need to start drink more water. So before bed, I found my water bottle and it’s sitting by my lunch bag ready to be filled.

My goal for today is to drink more water, have a yogurt for lunch and a sensible dinner.

This afternoon, I have plans to work in the warehouse where it will be very hot, so water will keep me plenty hydrated!

@michelinme……Prayers for a speedy recovery!
    @annemariyln……. prayers for your mum!

So, I’m off…..

Do you think regular dogs see cop dogs and say oh shit there’s a cop?

Day 2, UK, FD

So far so good, fasting is going fine and the plan is to have some chickpeas for late lunch, and an apple later 🙂 . Its very hot here so I must drink a lot of water to keep hydrated.

@amiep, @siano, @purplevilet, @slacknz welcome :D, you are in the right place if you need support and encouragemnet 🙂
    There is some useful info in the opening post, but ask anything if you need here in the forum as well, and good luck :). I added you on the spreadsheet, use it if you wish 🙂

@michelinme omg I’m so sorry to hear you are in hospital 🙁 , but you will be cared for properly and recover soon I’m sure. Make sure you eat well while recovering, I don’t recommend fasting while on antibiotics and feeling weak. Sending you lots of good vibes and hugs 🤗

@siano the pocket list is a list of people fasting that day, we make it and add ourselves on it just as a support and additional encouragement, because we can see how many people around the world are doing the same thing (fasting) 🙂

@sarahbob don’t forget that the beautiful part of this WOE is that you can move things around and adjust fasting to suit your everyday life, so no need to be sorry 😉

@slacknz we all slip up from time to time, and we all basically just get back on track and continue with our fasting in the usual way. Don’t be hard on yourself, this is a flexible way of losing weight and becoming healthier, nothing is lost, all you need to do it just try again on your next fast day, you will get there 🙂

I tried to tidy up the pocket list, I think few people were put on it who fasted yesterday? If I took your name off by mistake my apologies, please add it back 🙂

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything

I am so excited I dashed here to tell everyone.

I no longer need metformin.

Repeat just for the joy of it I no longer need metformin,

Mari

Day 2 second post

Just putting myself and @molij back on the pocket list

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @molij
    @missybear

Day 2 North Canton OH FD

Well that was embarrassing! I just realized I posted my June ending in the July post. I spent a few precious moments looking for it, concluded that the internet had gobbled up my post, then found it – In the July post (face palm)!

Oh boy, life continues though. Once again, thanks for hosting @shinything.

I just came through a relatively controlled weekend. I am super bloated though and holding onto a lot of water, a combination of the heat and not drinking enough water I think – I could not even put my ring on; it was way too tight, so my goal is to drink a lot of water and get rid of the bloat.

Our family is taking a trip to Jamaica this month, take off is in 12 days and I am really looking forward to it. Hopefully I can stay controlled during the vacation , I do not wish to undo all my good work.

The cocktails were pretty good by the way.

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @molij
    @missybear
    @basyjames

second post

@michelinme feel better !!!

Day 1 & 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Hi all and welcome, Newbies! This month I’ll be popping in and out due to crazy scheduling. Travel to Idaho tomorrow thru Friday to meet new in-laws (daughter’s husband to be’s family) then for their Utah wedding later this month.

I began the 5:2 journey on March 15, 2016 at 193 pounds (87.5kg) with an unhealthy BMI. Over the next 10 months I lost 33 and have kept it off with judicious maintenance, generally 6:1 and MyFitnessPal app counting calories. BMI is right about 25 – not the best, but good for me.

I’m 70 years young, do Silver Sneakers 2x a week, lots of church and community activities including mostly music. This weight works so not to show too many wrinkles at my age! People often tell me I look younger. I’ll take it.

Best wishes to you all. Great seeing so many long-time pals on our WOL.

Onward and downward.

Day 2, FD, USA

Welcome @amiep and @slacknz – I also aim for FDs on Mondays and Thursdays so I’ll be thinking of you. I aim for liquid only FDs as I have difficulty remaining controlled if I eat anything. I cannot do without my morning coffees though.

Hope you’re feeling better soon @michelinme. Nice to have some enforced controlled eating, but being ill and in hospital is not the best to achieve that!

Great news @rainbowsmile!!

Day 2 Belfast FD
    Just home from a controlled weekend. No booze and only a little sugar. The scales will tell tomorrow morning. DH has a grumpy face on. 😡 the puppy has just come into heat and we have a week’s break planned in the caravan next week. Ah well….

@michelinme – get well soon 💐
    @rainbowsmile – I’m delighted for you my friend! As you reap the rewards of this WOL, I can see the smile on your face from here!
    @songbirdme – how exciting to have a family wedding. Lucky you. I wish my boys would take the hint!

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @molij
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @debster251

Aiming to up my water intake this month.

You only get one body in this life. Love it and look after it.

Day 1 – NFD
    Day 2 – MFD (800kcal); Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

thanks @shinything for hosting the July challenge. June was not successful for me at all, didn’t manage to shift any weight – at some point I dropped to below 71kg but by the next time I weighed myself, I was back over again.

My fiance and I started the 5:2 in mid-April, so coming up on 3 months in a few days. I am 29 years old and he is 32, we are getting married next year and would both like to lose weight before then. Since starting, I’ve dropped 3.5kg and my fiance is down 9kg. I have 6.5kg left, while fiance would like to lose another 20kg.

I’m trying to stay positive and not worry too much about reaching a plateau, but it is frustrating me and I’m finding it a bit difficult to stay motivated right now. I’m hoping to get back on track in July and start exercising more (been saying that for months too) as I’m not quite beach-body ready for our holiday at the end of August.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @molij
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @penz
    @debster251
    @moukinator

Day 2, Sicily, Italy, nfd

Rainbowsmile congratulations.

Enjoying my holiday with my OH, our son, daughter, her OH and two granddaughters.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 2 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Hello July, had a very busy weekend taking my 93 year old MIL to the emergency room. Long story short she is in chronic pain due to arthritis in her spine. She can not tolerate any of the pain meds. She has done pain management (injections in her spine) but this last series didn’t help. Last year she did acupuncture which helped, but this year is didn’t help. She is really starting to decline and it is so hard to watch her in pain.

After a long talk with DH, I will continue to stay in maintenance for the month of July instead of the 30 day 800 calorie challenge. I never though I would hear the words “You don’t need to lose anymore weight” from my DH. Feel fab about that.

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @molij
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @penz
    @debster251
    @moukinator
    @diana123

Eat less sugar, your sweet enough already. Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 2, Rocky Mountains, US, CD ~1000 cals

Started this WOL in February 2017 at about 140 pounds, height 164 cm. I am in maintainance around 120 pounds since July 2017. Weight fluctuation allowance: 5 pounds.
    Staying with this great forum for accountability and wonderful friendship from around the globe. 😊🌍🌎🌏🌻

Have a good Monday everyone! 🌼🌺🌻

Day 1-2 – UK – NFD

A big welcome to all those new to these challenges and/or this WOL and lovely to have lots of familiar names joining in once more.

Sorry for not posting on the first day of this challenge – had a super busy day yesterday – was out of the house for most of the day enjoying the gorgeous weather and meeting with friends then went to see the film Sicario: Day of the Soldado – so it probably goes without saying that yesterday ended up being a Feast Day 😈

Woke up to another beautiful sunny and hot day but with a bit of a breeze. I went out for a long lunch with 2 friends at a very nice restaurant and we shared a bottle of wine (the last of my 60th birthday celebrations!) However it will end up as a controlled day (CD) coming in below my TDEE as I am not planning on eating anything else tonight!
    Tomorrow is a FD – planning to fast from 1500hrs today until lunchtime on Wednesday after my usual yoga class (45hrs)

For those new to these challenges – I am a 60 y.o. female, married, with a grown up daughter. Height = 163cm/5ft 4in and I have been following this WOL since January 2016 and reached my target in December 2016 and have been in maintenance below 55kg since then – currently weigh 53.6kg/118lbs

Health improvement markers since starting this WOL:-
    1. Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs and full of energy
    2. Mental health changes = sleeping well, waking up feeling good in myself and happy with my life☺
    3. My Asthma is controlled to the extent that I no longer use any inhalers either treatment or preventative!
    4. My blood cholesterol has improved over the past 2 years as follows:
    – Serum cholesterol down by 1.54 mmol/L
    – LDL cholesterol down by 1.81 mmol/L
    – Non HDL cholesterol level down by 1.41 mmol\L

I still do 2 x FDs each week for the long term health benefits. I follow mainly a Mediterranean style diet with a 16:8 eating pattern daily – no breakfast ever as I never feel hungry on waking; I like to save my calories for when I actually feel hungry so usually break my fast late morning or early afternoon depending on social circumstance or when I feel hungry! This also allows me to indulge a bit on my NFD and enjoy some 🍰🍷🥂 without putting weight back on…………

I don’t see 5:2 as a diet – for me it is a permanent WOL – I have lost the weight, improved my health markers, have lots of energy, kept the weight off and I am now entering my 19th month of maintenance!

Best advice I can give to anyone new is to:-
    *Stick to the basic plan for the first couple of months – it works!!
    *On NFD eat to the TDEE for the weight you WANT TO BE AND NOT YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT and you will lose weight faster!!!
    *DON’T OVERESTIMATE your exercise level!!!!
    *DON’T add the calories lost due to exercise into your calorie allowance for the day and you will lose weight faster!!!
    *Try to drink at least 2L of water daily

@strawberriesandcream – so glad you decided to rejoin and not stay away too long – hold tight and we will pull back on that wagon of @bert1802 – she needs the support too x
    @mjrbcd44 – lovely to have you back with us too
    @cornish-jane – no rain still up here in cumbria – the heat wave continues unabated……..
    @michelinme – so sorry to hear that you ended up in hospital – hopefully with the IV antibiotics you will soon start to be on the mend 🤗
    @rainbowsmile – what wonderful news – no more metformin and all due to this WOL!
    @slacknz – going over by 200cal on a FD is no big deal – try to ensure you stay below your TDEE the next day and focus on your next FD

The following quote is my personal mantra for this WOL and whenever I stray I remind myself of where I used to be!!
    “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 2, Brighton UK, FD OMD

@michelinme get well soon. Sending you big hugs.

Thank you @anna6, @debster251, @penz and @metatutua I love your image.

The first thing I thought of was to tell you all, because it shows it can be done even if you are very insulin resistant and over 60. Taken time but I am happy with this.

I tested my ketones and am in ketosis! Yes! Hoping I am getting fat adapted as that would be amazing. I only usually go into ketosis after water fasting for 2 to 3 days.

So now I am going to try OMD to see if I can go into ketosis every day, that will speed up the loss I think. It’s ground to a halt despite upping exercise a lot.

Today is a rest day.

Must go get a coffee (black).

Mari

Oops forgot to introduce myself yesterday! I’m from the Netherlands, also super sunny here since the weekend 🙂

Day 2 – started my first FD @lunchtime today. Sincemy usual issue is overeating, after a protein filled sandwich, I ate 2 nectarines. Amazing – I actually felt full…so feeling hopefully.

Onwards and upwards till tomorrow!

Day 2 – SW WA USA – FD

Added myself back onto the pocket list. So needing this FD. Have already enjoyed a brisk walk this morning. Love what exercise does to the feel good endorphins.

@daffodil2010 & @Strawberriesandcream – TY for thoughts for my mom & @Bert1820 for prayers too. Mom/mum is doing a little better this morning. My brother, who lives nearby my parents in southern British Columbia, CA, reported that she had energy to eat some breakfast and even talk a little on the telephone. Yesterday, just eating breakfast had done her in and she slept through the day. After talking about & that she’s a real light weight when it comes to meds, a couple of the nurses are really looking out for mom’s best interest and easing up on the meds. Also, they are being sure she gets hydrated. Bill, says one of the nurses is one of our “angels” as she looks out for mom’s best interests. I know in the USA and Canada, it seems imperative that family members act as advocates in the hospital setting. Perhaps it is so elsewhere in the world as well.

@daffodil2010 – good for you that you’re reading your body as you plan your FD today. I will plan to do like wise. Mostly liquids but plan to enjoy some fresh berries with ricotta and a sprinkling of slivered almonds when I break my fast. Then a small portion of cauliflower mac’n cheese with a small salad later.

@rainbowsmile – hooray for getting off the med!

@at – sounds like you finished out your extended birthday celebrations well! I’m glad! And you continued to maintain well!

Pocket list for Day 2:

@dykask
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56
    @siano
    @daffodil2010
    @marsupial
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @molij
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @penz
    @debster251
    @moukinator
    @diana123
    @annemarilyn

Day 2 – Ireland – FD

Ok July, let’s be having you…. Determined.com!
    Wishing you all a happy and lighter month ahead!

Day 2 16:8 CFD Oregon USA

I think I’m just making up letters for a “controlled fast day”. I am not going to hit 500-600 calories but I am aiming for 1000 and I did a 3-mile walk/run interval. So…net 700ish? I usually don’t count “net” calories but trying to ease myself back in…😃

More important for me to just stay on a healthy track.So that is my focus and doing 16:8 everyday.

So wonderful to see so many “old” friends. It is my favorite time of year so I feel very optimistic about this month and making real progress.

To the newbies…read, print out and read again the wisdom from @at. She is a wonderful example of living this WOL for the long run. So many of the “long-timers” continue to stick with the monthly challenges– it’s really inspiring and one of the reasons I am back.
    So much to be learned by simply keeping at it!!

@bert1802 and @strawberriesandcream I’m locking elbows with you and we are walking forward. Here we go.

@daffodil2010 hope I didn’t miss too many good motorcycle touring stories. It’s summer and I imagine you ready to ride!

Ok…here is a divergence…I recently started watching Outlander. 😍
    Now I MUST get over to see the UK.
    And I just saw a picture of Port Issac in Cornwall…made me think of you @cornishjane and oh-my-goodness, how beautiful.
    Alright that’s all for today but I am making a travel plan.

Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” Dr.Seuss❤

USA Day 2 NFD
    Hi, everyone! July certainly started out with a bang here! I don’t think I will need to fast or diet this month! It is so hot, I think I will simply melt away! I haven’t any energy left and no appetite!! Good luck, everyone, and for all who posted on the fast list, I hope you all had a successful day!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.