July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 810 total)

• Day 16 UK FD

Day 15 NFD

I had a fab day out with friends yesterday. But I did over indulge with the food and drink and as a result I am feeling a little fragile today, which is fun with a hyperactive toddler running about. 😞

However, I do not regret a thing as I had a great time so it was totally worth it.

Pocket list day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @sarahbob

Day 16 – Ireland – FD

I’ve been keeping very busy this month so far so have not been posting daily but have kept to my two fast days a week,.. I find this time of year so much harder to fast than winter…the good weather just makes me want to eat icecream and other nice treats….
    But will keep focused after a weekend of BBQs and lovely catch ups…
    Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask

Day 16 Belfast FD

Well, found a battery for Cruella and she is mean and wicked. 6lbs on. (Did you send me yours @michelinme?) so bone broth in the making from yesterday’s roast chicken and a big talking to myself. It rained all day yesterday and the garden is looking fresh and greener already so a day tidying up and weeding ahead.
    Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251

Onwards and downwards

Day 16 – UK – Reading – FD

Morning all! First day back fasting after two glorious weeks in France. I’ve been back a week, but somehow was too tired to try fasting. But back to it today. No harm done to the weight while I was away, but now trying to keep the momentum going. Will try and catch up with everyone’s posts this week.
    Meanwhile, I’m adding myself to the pocket list:

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline

Onwards and downwards 🙂

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Ate and drank a little too well over the weekend so feeling the need for a good FD today!

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear

Together we are stronger.

Day 16 UK FD

Day 15 NFD

Think my posts keep disappearing, how rude lol.

I had a fab day out with friends yesterday. But I did over indulge with the food and drink and as a result I am feeling a little fragile today, which is fun with a hyperactive toddler running about. 

However, I do not regret a thing as I had a great time so it was totally worth it.

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob

Still Day 16….@ktcarolone and I were posting at the same time so pocket list amended.

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ktcaroline

Together we are stronger.

Can’t keep up!!!

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob

Together we are stronger 😊

Tough weekend – emotional eating, 1 week to go to hospital visit. How do you guys cope when all around you looks grey.??

Day 16, UK, FD

1.8lbs down despite only managing one FD last week. Sleeping really well and generally feeling happier and mentally stronger.

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @strawberriesandcream

@purplevilet – I can personally empathise with your current situation. Whilst it’s easier said than done – try not to worry as worry won’t change a thing and only makes you feel worse. Try living hour by hour and plan to keep yourself as busy as possible or distracted with a book or TV and every time your mind drifts back, change your activity. Any kind of exercise releases positive endorphins that will help calm your mind.

We’re at the halfway point through July – and I’m reminding myself of what I said at the beginning: How I feel at the end of July is entirely up to me.

@flourbaby – are you home yet??? You’ve been missed.

Day 16 North Wales FD

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij

Have a good day everyone.

Day 16 Stevensville Maryland CLFD

Whew what a wonderful weekend. Spent a lot of time with DH on the water. Eating and drinking way to much but so much fun. The scale is showing I am up 3lbs, I an not going to worry I am sure it is mostly water so going to make today count with a CLFD.

Pocket list day 16
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @diana123

If you dreams don’t scare you, dream bigger. Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 16, UK, FD

I don’t know why, it might be a mental thing, but I wake up hungry lately on my fast days. I never used to be hungry in the mornings 😐 . It gets better later during the day, but its just odd. Anyway, my FD is going well as usual 🙂

@purplevilet when I’m worried I try and keep myself busy, distraction is a good thing in situations like that. Try and stay strong, worrying wont help, and I know its easier said than done. Sending you a virtual hug 🤗

I think this is a correct pocket list for today, I tried to correct it, so if I missed anyone please (re)add your name 🙂

Together we are stronger:

@daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @sarahbob
    @jaifaim
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @diana123
    @shinything

Have a great day everyone 🌻

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Coffee shop meeting this morning then Salad Supper with P.E.O. sisters this evening. My meals are programmed!

Packing today for tomorrow’s trip to Utah for daughter’s wedding next Saturday. I am happy with the dresses I have chosen for the festivities.

Looks like today’s pocket list is mounting up – best wishes to you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 16, FD, US

Checking in. Have given up on dry July – having our traditional end of week homemade pizza WITHOUT red wine just did not work!

Day 16 UK NFD

Mondays are usually fast days for me but as I was ill and didn’t eat at all on Saturday and very little today this is a non fast. Appetite is reduced so just eating what I fancy. Hoping to be back to normal tomorrow.
    Have a good day

USA Day 16 FD

Just checking in! Have a great day!

Day 16 CD 16:8 Oregon USA

So…I went MIA for the past 9 days, first with the boys home and then… just being busy working and enjoying some very hot weather here in the PNW.
    I read back through many posts and some very poignant stories.

@Arkelade-my condolences.
    @daffodil2010- your perspective on the horrible year and how much it meant to see your brother that July. ❤️❤️
    @diana123- you are a woman of true strength.
    @strawberriesandcream- I am so proud of you and wish you nothing but continued success.
    @michelinme-continued thoughts of healing.
    @redrockgirl-belated happy birthday!

I will have to be honest with you all. I have changed my focus on IF to 16:8 and combining that with low carb and cutting out processed foods. I haven’t stepped on a scale and for now, I am not going to. Just going to keep making better choices and controlling what I eat.
    I read some others struggling and what I have found for me is that the constraint of 500 calorie FD’S lead me to compensate on NFD’s too much. I just couldn’t seem to control it. I feel like I need more consistent control (occasional treats but mostly control).
    And 16:8 is really helping me. I just wait until I afternoon to eat and it is easier for me to manage.
    Don’t know if I still qualify for the monthly forum but it’s where I am right now.

I will still pop in from time to time but I have many balls in the air with my new biz launch that is demanding my attention.

I do so enjoy (as I am sure @back2thefuture, @coda, and many others can attest to) hopping on and reading posts of “old” and new friends.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter. ❤️

Day 16 London UK FD

After a very indulgent 4 days with house guests, I wasn’t going to weigh myself this morning but of course I can never resist hopping on the scales! I’m 1.5lbs up on last Wednesday. It’s actually less than I had imagined. I think it’s because my current weight is still better than what I have weighed for some time.

@at thank you for your response on 13 July. I totally missed it at the time. I love the tip about allowing a weight range and will plan something similar when I make it to my goal weight!

@rainbowsmile thank you. This WOL feels good. I love the way some of my clothes are starting to fit and it’s a good reminder of the benefit of staying on track.

I have found that this WOL has made me much more aware of WHAT I am eating as well as HOW MUCH I eat. So although I was indulgent over the weekend in terms of having cake and cheese and ice cream, I don’t think I had half as much as I would have done in a similar situation previously. The scone at the Imperial War Museum was so good and I was so proud of myself for only having half!

@daffodil2010 I’m delighted for you finally getting rain. My in laws were telling us about how weather is affecting the farmers. Terrible, especially after the endless winter that we just had too. Glad you have been able to collect rainwater and I hope there’s more of a balance to the weather now (although please don’t let it rain too much when we have our trip in 5 and a half weeks!). I think we are due rain here on Friday which is just typical. I have tickets booked for Legoland Windsor to take my son with a friend and her little girl. Fingers crossed rain comes on Thursday instead!

@sarahbob Can fully appreciate how you are feeling, that was me yesterday – feeling fragile with an very active (and teething) toddler! Hope it’s improved as the day has passed.

@purplevilet I went through a terrible time waiting for results of a brain scan earlier this year. I only managed by keeping busy, lots of long walks and being around people. I found the middle of the night the hardest time to pass but got hooked on podcasts and audiobooks as a way to block my mind running through worst case scenarios all night.

@songbirdme How exciting – your daughter’s wedding! And what a wonderful thing to feel happy with clothes choices. I hope to feel that way when we go away in August. We’ll be having a party to celebrate my sons second birthday and I would love to wear something I feel great in. Hope packing goes well and that you are enjoying the build up to the wedding!

Oh I love it when Monday flies by – it’s almost 3.30pm! A fast fast day (see what I did there?!)!

Onwards and downwards – hoping for a drop at tomorrow’s weigh in.

@daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @sarahbob
    @jaifaim
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @diana123
    @shinything
    @beedoo

Day 16 – USA – NFD

@mjrbcd44, I also do 16:8 and LCHF, but I also generally do 2FDs a week at 500 cals. We all have incorporated what works for us in this WOL. No one is “disqualified” on this forum for tweaking! I think it’s a great idea to be able to allow yourself up to 800 cals. on FDs where 500 causes you to overdo it on NFDs. The result will be that you’ll still be losing, but just a little slower. Not as much instant gratification, but totally qualified as an honorary member of Club Tor-twah. I am seeing my goal on the near horizon, and I guess I could afford to go to 800 on FDs, but I exercise the 500 as a self-discipline, just challenging myself. I notice that when I food shop now, most of the food in my cart is from produce and a tiny bit of chicken, fish, sausage or bacon. Hardly anything processed, white, sugary appeals to me anymore. Never thought I’d see the day. However, a light lager, wellllll….

Second post ….

@mjrbcd44 what is this “qualifying” I hear you talk about?! 😲 Of course you “qualify” , this forum if great because we all do our own versions of fasting, the way it suits us individually 😀

FD today. So far so good. Keeping busy. Like having most of my calories at dinner.

Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @sarahbob
    @jaifaim
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @diana123
    @shinything
    @beedoo
    @kaywesterman

@songbirdme thanks for the link on the pancakes. Will give that a try.

https://www.nextavenue.org/intermittent-fasting-50-adult/

interesting studies – some say it is hard to stick with it, but I think that is what is good about our support group!

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, fd

Weight this morning was 68.1 kilos. Fasted At 650 calories.

Onwards and downwards, good evening/night .

Day 17 NSW Australia FD
    (7.10am Tuesday)
    Hi everyone, just checking in.

@mjrbcd44 – I believe this WOL to be the best because we can, individually, decide what works for us, not necessarily everyone else, and that’s why we get results, because our choices make it easier to stick to. I enjoy reading posts like yours as it expands my/our knowledge for what is possible – and that in itself definitely ‘qualifies’ you to be here: you are helping to broaden our horizons! There are no ‘disqualification’ rules, ok! Also, thank you so much for your condolences – much appreciated. Enjoy your business launch and all your achievements – you deserve this!

Hope each of you enjoy today, be you fasting or not, and bye for now!

Day 17 – Japan – NFD 76.8kg (Just water loss though)

My weight is as low as I’ve seen this year but I think it is just from the heat. My workouts have been cut short, just too hot. When I go to bed I’m water logged, when I get up I look like a dried out piece of jerky.

Wishing all a strong finish to day 16 fasting! I’ll be breaking my fast as soon as I cool down a bit from my short workout.

Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask
    @sarahbob
    @jaifaim
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @molij
    @diana123
    @shinything
    @beedoo
    @kaywesterman

@purplevilit I have had my fair share of feeling that way. I still do periodically.. It’s a battle. But 2 things work for me. 1. Friends. Particularly friends that make me laugh. Nothing better. Esp if they can make me laugh about my current situation. It almost gives me back control (even for a short time) about the way I feel about it.
    2. Getting out in nature. Fresh air with deep breaths where I can appreciate the amazing beauty of the world we live in. This one I like to do alone. Get lost in my thoughts and really appreciate what I have/had.
    Hope it lifts for you soon.

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Normally I would be having my 2nd of a B2B on a Tuesday but as I am progressing from a year long 4:3 to 5:2 and then, hopefully soon, maintenance, today is a NFD! Looking forward to it, but unlike my weekend NFD’s it won’t be snack and wine filled. Perhaps more of a CD?

I have to learn to reign it in for maintaining. That’s where I eventually went wrong on the Dukan, I had lost 50lbs, kept it off for 10 months, then DH’s mother passed away and I forgot about all my well meaning plans. Weight crept back on, slowly, but surely,
    and within 3 years I had put back on 35lbs 😳

NOT this time! This forum provides great support and I hope it continues. I was a regular contributor to a Dukan Forum but as everyone reached maintenance people started drifting away..including me…there are now cobwebs on that forum ☹️ I hope that does not happen here, I enjoy the morning routine of a big coffee and catching up, and being accountable.

But life does happen and people do move on, that’s very true, but having a support group like this is essential to maintain the WOL (for me anyway!).
    So, @songbirdme that was an interesting article and you are right about the support from this group helping us to stick at it ☺️

Have a good day everyone. Today is a good day to have a good day

Day 17 CD
    Just checking in.

Day 17, Gozo, Malta, fd

Weight this morning is 67.6 kilos.

I’m starting a pocket list for today.

@anna6

Have a great day everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 17 – Ireland – CD

Would like to try another fast day today as feel desperate measures are needed 🤔 but will go slowly slowly and just eat mindfully. Lots of exercise for me on Tuesdays and I feel the body needs more fuel on these days. I will go for 16:8 today.
    Onward and downward…

Day 17 – UK – FD
    Day 16 – NFD

Despite an indulgent Saturday, I managed a CD on Sunday and yesterday – weight this morning is 54.1kg

Enjoyed a homemade scone with homemade jam and cream and a slice of that apple cake I made at the afternoon tea celebrating a dear friend’s 82nd Birthday yesterday and managed to stay on a CD!!!

Great yoga class yesterday evening – This week in class we are practicing Self Love with poses focusing on heart lifting asanas and ‘letting go’ in some restorative bolster hugging! Our teacher did sneak in some strong strength work too, both for the legs and shoulders………
    On and off the mat we all need a little (well, a lot!) of self love….with self love comes the recognition that “I am that” and that, is perfect! Already looking forward to my second class tomorrow morning…….🙏

Today is a FD – out for a walk with my usual walking group this morning so enjoying a cup of tea whilst I catch up on the forum before heading out into that beautiful sunshine.

@siano – Hope you have recovered from that horrible sickness bug x
    @songbirdme – Loved it that France won with Deschamps as a winning captain and now a winning coach!!
    @shinything – You can do this!
    @beedoo – Don’t let those 4 days define you. That is the great thing with this WOL – you can press that RESET button anytime – you are stronger than you think 🤗
    @arelkade – Been thinking of you and your family 🤗
    @rainbowsmile – Such a positive and strong post – Go Mari!
    @daffodil2010 – We had quiet a bit of that wet stuff falling from the sky yesterday too but woke up to blue skies and sunshine again if a bit cooler so will be great for hike this morning!
    @jaifaim – Good to hear from you and that you are still with us – you have got this!
    @debster251 – I just have this picture in my mind of you wagging a finger at Cruella 😉
    @ktcaroline – Welcome back from your 2 weeks in France and brilliant work on that “no harm done to the weight”
    @purplevilet – I have found yoga to be a godsend – has improved my mental strength and well being no end. A lovely walk outside in the fresh air does wonders too – Stay strong and positive xx
    @songbirdme – I’m sure you will look fab at your daughter’s wedding – enjoy the festivities!
    @Strawberriesandcream – 💃
    @mjrbcd44 – Of course you qualify to be on this forum as many others have said – a lot of us do different approaches to fasting – what works for one may not for another – personally I do 16:8 every day but still enjoy doing 2 x 500cals or less FD as it makes me feel good and it allows me to indulge on some of my NFDs without gaining weight – it has been my maintenance system since reaching goal in December 2016! Stay with us as the support of the group is immeasurable 🤗

Day 17 Pocket List – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @arelkade
    @anna6
    @at

“Your strongest muscle and your worst enemy is your mind – TRAIN IT WELL”

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Life has thrown some upsetting and stressful situations my way over the past 12 months and I have to confess that on occasions I have self medicated with an excess of red wine but what has changed dramatically since embracing the 5:2 WOL is that I no longer turn to food for comfort. I think the support of this forum and the discipline of this WOE has helped me tremendously…….not only to lose weight but also to address some mental and emotional issues that were undoubtedly related to binge eating. @daffodil2010 I share your hope that this forum continues, I intend to stick around.

Have a wonderful day everyone 🤗

Day 17 London, UK FD

@at thank you for your words. Yesterday was my reset day and I had a lovely surprise when I got on the scales this morning and saw that I had lost the 1.5lb I had put on! After just one fast day?! I’ll take it.

It’s my husbands birthday today and he is looking forward to a steak frites supper so I can’t really sit back and just watch him eat! Trying to work out if it is possible to keep it under 500 cals! I am going to attempt it and wont be eating until then as I would like to have two FDs under my belt, and possibly do a third one on Thursday.

Today I am wearing a dress that I haven’t been able to wear in three years. It’s a wonderful feeling! I do need to now focus on exercise as what is left of my post baby stomach sadly will not go away without it. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred always worked for me in the past. It’s just 30 mins long and can be done at home. I don’t really have any excuses but I find it so hard to get motivated in the evenings after my son is in bed. If I did just a couple of sessions I’m sure I would get back into it. Need to find my exercise mojo!

Day 17 Pocket List – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @arelkade
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo

Day 17 – UK – Reading – CD

I’m reminded of Woody Allan saying If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans. No sooner had I decided to make it a FD, than OH decides that a cinema and meal out is required. My some miracle, I still lost weight, but I’m tried today and won’t be fasting. So it will be a reset day on Wednesday.

Thank you @at for your lovely message, and @daffodil2010 I’m jealous of your rain. Nothing here in Berkshire, and the lawn is looking very straw coloured. I’d also echo all sentiments about the strength of the forum. I’ve found it a huge source of encouragement and motivation. So I’m sticking around for the long haul.

Day 17 – MFD; Dublin, Ireland

Starting the fasting day under 71kg, SO pleased! We went on a 12km hike on Saturday in Glendalough, which is beautiful. There was a lot of uphill walking, so my legs are really feeling it, but it was well worth it for the views of the lake and hills.

3 months into this diet and I can feel us slipping back into our old bad habits – had a completely unnecessary snack late last night and our FD aren’t as strict as they could be. Fiance has finally reached a plateau. Really need to find the motivation to get back on track, if for no other reason than to achieve my goal for this month of losing 1kg…

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Day 17 Pocket List –
    @arelkade
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @moukinator

Day 17, UK, NFD

Well I’m out of the plateau, and heading in the wrong direction 😠 . This morning I weigh 54kg! That’s where I was 2 months ago! I honestly don’t know what is going on, because its not like I’ve been stuffing my face every day. All my FDs are successful, and even though I haven’t kept to my TDEE on my non fast days I haven’t been badly over eating either. Its very frustrating! 😤

I hope everyone is having better time than me at the moment 😄

Stay strong everyone, we must carry on regardless 💪

Day 17 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Yesterday was a good CLFD. I did crunch on some celery at dinner time. Really could you a good rain. Everything is so dry outside. Really busy at work so no time to read post today. Will be checking in later.

When you think about quitting, think about why you started. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Day 17 – Florida

NFD today. Did well on my FD yesterday. Plan to exercise today. To hot to walk outside, I’m lucky where I live, there is a great gym. Nothing else plan.

@shinything hang in there. I know it is frustrating when the scales aren’t giving the results we want. Somedays, I just can’t face the numbers then I take a deep breath and step on, reminding myself this is a new day.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 17, NFD

Struggled a bit with yesterday’s FD – it did end up being under 500 calories but as I usually drink coffee only on a FD I felt it was not up to par. I had negative thoughts last night along the lines of ‘why I am putting myself through this? What’s the point? My OH loves me anyway so why bother?’ But then a little voice whispered to me ‘yeah, but you don’t love yourself’ and I realised, yes, that’s why I do this! To love me better!!

So here’s to finding a better me. Onwards and downwards!

@at I love ❤️ your saying at the end of your post

Day 17 – NC, USA – NFD

After being MIA for most of the month, I thought I’d pop back in. While on vacation I was good at putting in my weight via phone, but terrible at coming onto the forum. It’s wonderful to be back and read a lot of your posts. The success posts are always so inspiring to me and so motivating, and the struggling ones remind me that we can be honest when things are a bit bumpy or when we are discouraged, and that this is still a loving supportive space. Plus I love the accountability!

I did great on my vacation eating just 2 meals a day and keeping it within my TDEE and I came home the same weight, so I’ll take that as a victory for health. I missed the margaritas on the beach, but I did indulge in some carbs like cake, pita bread and chips & salsa which I value even more. I tried to pick the indulgences that brought me the most joy and cut on the things that are nice but maybe not worth it. It helped that I was in a swimsuit all day every day and I was reminded constantly that feeling good in my skin feels even better than anything I could eat or drink. That, and I stayed on the beach as much as possible instead of going back to the apartment mid-day. Funny all the strategies we put in place to try to stay healthy.

Second post-

@mjrbcd44 I’m with you on the modifying this WOL to fit each of our needs. I tried the 500 cal a day on FD and it left me ravenously hungry and overindulging on NFDs. Water fasts just work better for me. By the time I get very hungry in late afternoon, I just have to push through for a few more hours and endure the coldness before I go to bed and wake up the next day. I’m an on and off girl. But I know most people would hate my method. I think there is so many ways to do it right. It’s nice to support each other’s needs/choices and respect our own body by listening to it. Even on NFDs I’ve learned I don’t have enough calories allotted to have 3 meals a day so I do the 16:8 also in order to stay within my limits. A cardiologist I spoke to felt that 16:8 was actually a great way to get many of the benefits from fasting in a very easy to implement method and that’s what she recommended at a women’s luncheon on women’s health where she was the keynote speaker.

@penz, good for you for redirecting your thoughts. It’s so hard at time, but I admire your ability to reframe your negative self talk!

@beedoo congrats on wearing that dress!!! That’s such an incredible feeling! I did the Jillian 30 days shred years ago and it worked beautifully. I am doing pretty good in the food department but really struggling on the exercise front, so maybe I should do that program too. When I’m short on time and just exhausted, I have been doing the 7 minute workout (app on my phone). Often, by the time I’m done with the set I’m willing to do it again for 1 more round. And sometimes, I go for a 3rd round even. Committing to a small goal helps me stick to it since 7 minutes is manageable….

@daffodil2010, I think I have shared that with you but you continue to be my inspiration as I get closer to my goal. I’m worried about maintaining but watching you succeed is really motivating so thank you for that!

@shinything, do hang in there. The scale can be so frustrating! But it will go back down. It’s bound to given the calorie deficit.

Thank you @songbirdme for that article! Just shared it with my husband 🙂 …and my son who thinks his mother is insane for refusing to eat 2 days a week :p

Day 17 UK NFD

Not a great day so far today. Eaten a lot of rubbish -cakes, crisps, chocolate. It makes me feel horrible and just not worth it. Looking forward to fast day tomorrow. Might have water only

2nd post

Thanks Emma1202 for more positive self-talk / thoughts. I am going to adopt your words as guidance to live by:

“I tried to pick the indulgences that brought me the most joy and cut on the things that are nice but maybe not worth it. … I was reminded constantly that feeling good in my skin feels even better than anything I could eat or drink.”

Day 18 CD NZ
    Gained 700g this wk. Pretty gutted. But I haven’t been to the toilet (you know what I mean) in a few days so I might remedy that and weigh again later in the wk.
    Pretty gutted. First time this has happened.

Day 28, Cornwall UK, FD

Still here. Working hard on my non fast days and its getting better. I feel better in my head when i have some control.

Switching round fast days as we have visitors coming and I don’t want to miss one. So fasting today instead of my normal Thursday.

I pulled out a suitcase of old clothes at the weekend and found some nice stuff from years ago! I probably look really dated but I don’t care. Lol!

I am planning a birthday cream tea for august and need to find good recipes for vegan scones and vegan cream. Any recommendations out there?

@slacknz – been there several times over the last year! You have to stay strong and keep going and the scales will reward you. What counts is how you deal with the hard times…. 💪💪💪

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.