July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 810 total)

• Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

It’s very quiet on the forum these as…still on the same page 10 since Monday! Guess lots of us are on holidays, taking a break, busy, busy…..

Good NFD yesterday. There was a quiet whispering from both the half empty/full (not sure which suits description best ☺️) bottle of white wine and the half empty/full of red…leftovers from the weekend (and BTW, back in the day there would rarely be ANY leftover wine from the weekend)….but I resisted and had a cup of dandelion tea instead.

Having my 2nd FD today. Normally it’s Thursday but with DH being off tomorrow we will probably have a meal together. Will keep it CD though tomorrow.

I gave looked back on my Wednesday morning weight for the past few weeks and I am at 128lbs every Wednesday. I could almost be maintaining, but not yet, need to push a few pounds more into the low to mid 120’s

So, @emma1202, I feel chuffed that you consider me an inspiration, I am just struggling along like all of us I guess. I see you also keep your weight on the spreadsheet and we are closely matched. Let’s do this 👍

@slacknz Please don’t allow a mere 700g make you feel gutted. If you ha e not been to the toilet in a while that is almost certain to gave something to do with it. I call it “food in transit” issues, or if being flippant, “releasing the hostages” (😁) .but whatever, whenever I am bunged up my weight also reflects that. I would take plenty of water and a laxative tea to assist. Our body is doing things that we don’t know about but keep at it and any gain will eventually be lost.

@penz good for you for talking down that pesky inner negative voice. I had it yesterday too…but I ignored it. Sometimes I don’t, so it’s a result when the negative voice is slain successfully and the positive voice prevails. You are already a better you, just have the confidence to believe in your better you. Hugs 🤗

Rightio…off to another busy day in work. Who is eating all these edible flowers?…we can barely keep up with demand ha ha 😄

Thank you – @strawberriesandcream, @shinything, @Beedo, @slacknz, @at

Fast day today

Day 18, UK, FD
    Day 17, UK, NFD

I was unable to log in yesterday – the system thought I might be a spammer. However, our lovely tech support have obviously sorted things out.

Monday should have been a FD but I changed to NFD mid afternoon. As it was pouring with much needed rain, I decided I’d do my last set of business accounts (retired in February from my part time gardening business). It’s always a very straightforward job, but the remaining half of lemon drizzle cake, that I’d purchased on Sunday at an National Gardens Scheme event, suddenly entered my mind and I gave myself permission to finish it along with copious cups of tea. So no FD, and no guilt. Without the additional 550 empty liquid calories a day I’d been consuming recently, my body is looking a lot less puffy around my knees and ankles and this morning I’m down another half pound after another day of gardening.

Thanks for the interesting article @songbirdme. I didn’t get the chance to wish you a safe journey yesterday and a wonderful time at your daughter’s marriage this weekend. Look forward to hearing about it.

@penz – I hope you’re not being hard on yourself about enjoying some red wine with your pizza. A mostly dry July is still a really good achievement.

I’m now involved helping various friends with their gardens and that’s what I’m doing today.

Someone called today ‘Hump day’ – so happy Hump day all.

Day 18 – UK Reading – FD

OK – major reset today. A family celebration weekend coming up, so want to try and avoid the porky look if I can. So going for three strict days – it will end with dinner out on Friday so only a couple of days to go. And why is it Hump day today @strawberriesandcream? Happy Hump day all.

Starting a pocket list:
    @purplevelit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline

2nd post

@ktcaroline – I can’t remember who introduced the name but I expect it’s because Wednesday is the middle of the week and once we’re over ‘the hump’ we’re nearer the weekend 🙂

Day 18 – Ireland – FD

Thank you for your support @at – you are so kind! I feel like I am back on track after a bumpy couple of months…. Feeling very tired these days but am cutting sugar again as much as I can as definitely feel like it affects my system negatively..

Wishing you all the best for the day ahead.
    Pocket list for today:
    @jaifaim
    @purplevelit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Drinks 🍷 last night, cream tea this afternoon, better make sure I do a good FD tomorrow!
    I do feel a bit bloated this morning, I’m probably not drinking enough water. Right then off to drown that dragon. Wishing everyone a successful day 😊

Day 18, Guildford UK, CFD

I was wondering where body image comes from, yesterday I wore a dress I haven’t worn for 2 years and it was very tight last time. Now is loose and fits so well.

However it’s the same dress and being 20 lbs down I wanted it to be massive on me but it isn’t.

20lbs is a lot I think, so why am I not satisfied?

Makes no sense really.

Perverse.

Hercule Piorot moustache tummy is still there and not going away. Annoys me too much.

I must be delicious, I got bitten on the bum in the loo whilst doing my stuff and it really itches a lot. I suppose the extra itching is extra exercise.

@missybear I love your expression ‘drown the dragon’ you have a great way with words.

@strawberriesandcream, you are awesome. That hump stands no chance and the automatic cut in calories means you can drizzle with no conscience.

@songbirdme enjoy the wedding, how wonderful.

@michelinme, I was wondering how you are, I included you in today’s votive.

Mari

Day 18 Belfast NFD

Stepping on the scales this morning, all but 1lb of indulgence weight has disappeared. 😀 Good to back on track.
    @purpulevilet – I don’t think I can add any better suggestions that others have already mentioned. However, I sincerely wish you all the best with your results.
    @songbirdme have a wonderful wedding and enjoy every moment.
    @mjrbcd44 I echo everyone’s response regarding ‘qualifying’! I look forward to reading your posts. Good luck with your new venture.
    @moukinator – what a beautiful place Glendalough is. We often stay In the caravan site at Roundwood because it’s close to both of my sons. We always go there to walk.
    @penz – I totally agree. ‘So here’s to finding a better me. ‘ and in the words of @fatrabbit. ‘Nothing tastes as good as thin feels’
    @at your yoga sounds great! Our classes have stopped for the summer and I’m missing it!
    @slacknz the scales fluctuate all the time. Don’t worry about those few grammes. They will be gone in no time.
    Yes@Daffodil. This forum is quite quiet, but at peak holiday time I guess many are away enjoying themselves.
    I take my hat off to all you 30 day shredders. I tried it for a couple of days and gave up!
    I did a bit of online shopping for sale summer dresses for my holiday in September. Went onto the site you recommended @rainbowsmile and look forward to the postman coming!

So in Penz’s words….here’s to finding a better me!

Day 18 UK FD

Day 17 UK NFD

Well yesterday was a day from hell. You know one of those days where everything goes wrong. It didn’t help that the OH accidently locked me and the baby in the house all day and my spawn decided to be a devil child. As a result I pretty much ate anything naughty I could get my hands on and drank too much wine.

Today isn’t shaping up to be much better and I really can’t be bothered with my fast day but I will force myself through it.

Pocket list for today:
    @jaifaim
    @purplevelit
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob

Day 18 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Yesterday we had 3 to 4 inches of much needed rain in less than 3 hours. Lots of thunder and lightening and today the air seems so much cleaner, with no humidity. Beautiful morning.

It amazes me how after a fun filled weekend of food and drinks I can be up 3lbs and one good CLFD it’s gone. Real am loving this WOL.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. Have a wonderful hump day everyone.

Day 18, Gozo, Malta, fd

This morning weight 67.2 kilos that’s the weight before our week holiday in Sicily.

Today another fast day.

Keep on keeping on. Onwards and downwards

Day 18, NFD, US

Having date night tonight at a new seafood restaurant we’ve not tried before. Yum! So am being very mindful with a light lunch of homemade gazpacho.

Day 18 – USA – FD?

Not sure if today will be a FD or not…going out to lunch and they have a wonderful taco bowl…don’t usually prefer the carbs of an authentic tortilla but not too much else on the menu that I like except salad fixings, which I have daily at home. We’ll see…

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Back from our hiking vacation in beautiful Red Rock Country. Had a great birthday being in nature, hiking every day and eating good food. Weight up a bit but it is quite likely due to more muscles (average hiking was 12 miles a day), water retention and food in transit.
    Planning on FDs until Saturday. Have not read any posts since the 13th. Hope everybody is doing well. 🌺🦋🐞

Have a good Wednesday everyone! 😊🌼🌻

Day 18. Florida

NFD Was feeling ok this morning until I ate cereal for breakfast. Wondering if I’m becoming lactose intolerant?? Ugh.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Day 18 USA (Utah) NFD

Good travel day yesterday, but new son-in-law to be (on Saturday) is a great cook! His pulled pork sandwich supper just about put me over TDEE, but it was great.

Lots of final details to take care of before the wedding, but it’s all good.

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – NC, USA – NFD

Good day yesterday until a neighbor offered me a glass of wine and I chased it with peanut butter as soon as I got home. It turns out I lack self-control once I have alcohol in me :p Who knew??? The scale was not in the mood to approve this morning: I jumped up nearly 3lbs. Yikes! But I was doing an experiment yesterday with Stevia. I had noticed last month that when I was drinking tea (on NFD) which I take with Stevia, I seemed to not loose or jump up in weight, so I stopped drinking tea for 2 weeks. Yesterday, I resumed my tea drinking and had 4 cups all lightly sweetened with Stevia. Sadly, 2 things happened: I was much more hungry all day and the scale jumped up by nearly 3lbs even though I stayed within my TDEE. It could be a coincidence but it does seem odd. I figure I have the rest of my life to figure this out and I’m only 50 so I have plenty of time to get it right, but I find it a bit puzzling. And sad. I LOVE tea, and I like it sweetened a bit. If indeed stevia makes me maybe retain water or makes me gain weight (:o), I either need to set my goal weigh 5lbs lower so I can allow for that or I need to learn to like tea without sweetener (or switch to regular sugar or honey???) It is a bit of a bummer. I will try again next month and see if I jump up again in weight the day after a tea day.

@daffodil2010, it’s always more fun when you add camaraderie to the task 🙂

2nd post

Songbirdme I only read your last post and got to know you’ll be the mother of the bride next Saturday. Ofcourse there’s a lot to do before the wedding. I’ve been there three times. So I’ll give you some advice. Just enjoy the day next Saturday and don’t worry about a thing. Just have fun and enjoy every minute of it.

It’s always a bonus to have a good cook in your son in law. Alas I only prepare meals for my in laws. Congratulations.

Today I made two chicken pot pies and had only one mouthful to see how good it was. I managed to fast at around 700 calories drinking coffee with honey and milk, fruit and this evening a plain salad with ricotta cheese.

I’m hoping to go down by a kilo or so by the end of this month. We have our youngest grandson second birthday 🎁 party on the 28 July. Still I hope to lose some weight.

Good night 🌙😴💤

Day 19 FD NZ
    My first ever liquid fast day when I have consumed no food until dinner! Pretty proud. Hoping this is a new normal for my fast days!
    Do people find this way (rather than eating a small lunch) works better as the fast is longer?

I remain delighted and amazed with my slow, steady progress since starting 5:2 on April 1. Broke my plateau. Down 18lbs and released 10.5 inches. Fast Day Tomorrow (7/19/18).

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday and down another pound. Today will be a CD as DH is not working this evening and it will be nice to have our meal together. I have already prepared it, chicken spiced with cayenne and turmeric, hot curry mix, with red lentils, chickpeas, onions, broccoli, carrots and spinach. Hope it’s hot, hot, hot 😛

Dropping our van off to get its test and re-registered into our names this morning. DH has spent weeks, and lots of money 😨, making sure it’s in perfect road worthy condition. It should pass with flying colours today. I have already washed down the insides (what a job). And we have started ordering things for the camper van conversion! Yay! It’s a long process, but next year we will be travelling free in our very own Scooby Doo Mystery Machine 🚐

@slacknz Many of us do a liquid only fast and I certainly find it works. I often do what you successfully did yesterday, and had my only meal at dinner. Called an OMAD (one meal a day). When I first started I have even done full liquid only FD with no solid food for at least 36 hours. Now they really worked for me, but I dont really care to do it so much now ☺️

@emma1202 what type of tea do you drink? Is it black tea? Try it for a few days without sweetener and you may never care for sweet tea again? Being Irish I was brought up on hot cups of tea with milk and sugar. Couldn’t imagine it any other way until I visited my Aunt in Holland who drank tea black….I tried it, liked it after the first few attempts, now cannot countenance so much as a drop of milk or a grain of sugar in my tea 😆

@debster251 well done on getting back on track 👍 You mentioning that you stay in a campsite in Roundwood (fabulous area around there) has made me realise I have NO CLUE of any campsites in Ireland and here we are converting into a camper van 🤔 Need to start looking for places for future reference. Already decided first trip will be to Mayo, climb Croagh Patrick, van can be parked at side of road outside a local pub/restaurant 🤗

Day 18 & 19 – Japan – NFD

Sorry … I’m out of touch and over busy. It is too hot here … typically in the mid-30’s, but humid. (For the USA folk, that is 90+, time to get with the program and learn real units!)

Day 19 – Ireland – CD

I had a good fast day yesterday and I am looking forward to a controlled day today. Feeling positive and it is great to be back to posting daily (where I can) and being accountable … It is the only way!
    Onward and downward.

Day 19 London UK FD

Had the most indulgent day yesterday since starting 5:2. Attending a very beautiful memorial service in the morning and then spent the day with friend who was also at service. We had a couple of glasses of wine -not so bad- but then went to a Taiwanese restaurant. Have never eaten Taiwanese food and it was absolutely delicious, but all bao buns and sticky rice…so many refined carbs. Probably didn’t eat more than I would’ve done pre diet but I couldn’t sleep for hours because of the pain from being bloated! And up 1kg on the scales. Going to have a FD today and plenty of walking.

Missed reading posts yesterday so looking forward to catching up on these later. Hope everyone is well x

Day 19. Cornwall UK, NFD

Did my weekly weigh-in a day early as visitors coming today! I did manage two good fast days but just 0.3kg down on last week to 74.8kg. Officially joined the tortoise club now. As long as its down, thats all that matters.

Hope not too much damage is done over the next few days as we host a bit. Planned to have healthy food options available at all times – just have to pick them!

I have several friends who maintain a healthy weight without fasting – how do they do it?! I have talked to them about it and one eats a strict mediterranean diet and the other is vegetarian after years of low carb. Another only eats fruit before noon and does not eat red meat. They all seem to have strategies that work for them, so I guess none of them are eating without restriction – which is what I was doing in the old days! So I have to live with restriction of some form or other, or I’m going to gain weight again. I think I’d rather do fasting, as it works for me, and I need to lose more weight as well!

Day 19, UK, NFD

I had a fab day gardening for an elderly friend yesterday and didn’t have the heart to say no to the Melton Mowbray pork pie lunch she had prepared me. So FD did not happen – again. To be honest, I’m starting to think that subconsciously I may be happy with my body shape right now. Since I started exploring Yoga (not that I’ve done much yet), I’m thinking if I can tone up my arms and legs, then accepting that I’m now a size 10 and not a size 8 anymore is not such a bad thing at my age. My face certainly looks better for the extra padding under the mouth wrinkles. Or maybe my subconscious is telling me that dealing with one issue at a time is enough for anyone to cope with. I am loving the deep sleep and clear morning head that I am experiencing. So the fact that I’m bombing out on FDs does not seem such a big deal right now. Logging in to this forum every day is very much part of my life and it keeps me accountable for my health and when the right time presents itself, I know I’ll manage a fast day.

“It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

Day 19. London UK
    Can I start a pocket list for today? We have been away, again, to Barcelona for two weeks this time. Soooo hot, and difficult to fit in FDs. Consequently, my fat tummy has come back. Just eating too much bread. I really just wanted salads, and they seemed hard to come by.

So, I’m back on the wagon again. I never weigh myself, but I can see I need to get back to fasting two days a week. Can’t wait to give my gut a break from food. And I’m going to try to avoid bread at least during the week. I think that’s what causes me most trouble.

On the plus side, still no alcohol. It’s around a year now, with a week in Venice ( Campari spritz) and Christmas Day, ( red wine) to take into account, m’lud. Strawberriesandcream, how are you getting on? H
    Whoops – pocket list
    @emma-taylor.

@slacknz on my first ever couple of FD I tried splitting the 500 cals throughout the day and struggled desperately! Ever since I’ve done as you’ve just accomplished and had water throughout the day followed by one meal in the evening. Both the fasting and the meal are so much more satisfying this way for me! I find I’m less hungry throughout the day if I have nothing at all. On the odd occasion when the hunger monster won’t leave me alone I’ll have a mug of miso which is 20 cals and does the job!

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I love that this forum helps us find our own way to better health, the act of checking in regularly keeps me mindful and I know I need that to be successful at maintaining my weight and health. Toning up needs to become a priority, fat loss has resulted in a lot of loose skin.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Day 19, UK, FD

Yesterday was a busy day and I didn’t have time to post, but I read everyone’s post 🙂 . Today is not any better, which is good I guess since its a FD and its better to be busy.
    I, like few others, try and have just water and black coffee on my FD until late afternoon when I have my meal. I try and leave enough room (calories) to have an apple in the evening though, because I would feel too hungry and possibly not able to sleep without it.

Will post tomorrow when I have more time ….

Pocket list for today:

@slacknz
    @shimmera
    @beedoo
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @shinything

Have a good day everyone 🌻

Day 19 UK NFD

Weigh in day and doing well. Lost a total of 12.5 pounds now. Only 1.5 to go to my holiday target oa stone at the end of the month. Need to keep my focus now and not become complacent

Have a great day

Day 19, US

Not sure if it’s a FD or CFD day. It’s Thursday, which is my usual FD but I have a work function tonight (a charity thing) where we’re expected to eat dinner. Have to see how it goes as I have no idea what might be on the menu…

Day 19 USA (Utah) NFD

Keeping controlled eating these days – yeah for that! Tomorrow evening will be a wonderful rehearsal dinner at a beautiful restaurant, then good food at the wedding on Saturday. Tonight we girls are all going for mani/pedi’s.

@anna6 – thank you for your kind words! I DO plan to really enjoy this wedding. It will be great to have all 4 kids here, all together for the first time in many years.

Onward and downward.

Day 19 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Yesterday’s CNFD went great. Don’t seem to feel the hunger pains any longer.

@songbirdme I am so excited for you. My daughter’s wedding was at the end of May and it was wonderful having so many family and friend together again. Relish in the love.

@Strawberriesandcream I googled Melton Mowbray pork pie as I had never heard of it and it looks so yummy.

Pocket list for day 19

@slacknz
    @shimmera
    @beedoo
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @diana123

A women is like a tea bag, you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Have a fab Thursday everyone.

Day 19 – NC, USA – FD

Reset day for sure. Scale continued to go up this morning and more importantly, I feel bloated and not very energetic. I need to go back through my food diary to figure out what doesn’t agree with me, but in the meantime, a good water fast should make me feel much better by tomorrow morning 🙂

Congratulations @shimmera, it’s always fantastic to read this type of report!

@daffodil2010 it is black flavored tea like Mariage Freres Marco Polo or Dammann Freres type tea. I think you are right and I’m going to have to give it several tries and maybe different steeping times to find a combination that works for me. It’s great to hear you were able to make the transition. I bet it’s just a matter of getting used to it.

Adding myself to the Pocket list…
    Pocket list for day 19

@slacknz
    @shimmera
    @beedoo
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @emma1202

Day 19 – USA – NFD

Well, yesterday’s FD was a bust….went out to eat and had a small taco salad, and a few beers afterwards, over 800 cals. Will try again this week to get in at least 1 FD; @songbirdme, excited for you! Have a great time at the wedding! @emma1202, have you tried erythritol as a sweetener? @shimmera, good job! @Strawberriesandcream, love your upbeat post and rooting for you! xoxo

Day 19 North Wales FD

Adding myself to the Pocket list…
    Pocket list for day 19

@slacknz
    @shimmera
    @beedoo
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @emma1202
    @molij

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, fd

This morning I weighed at 67,6 kilos up by 0.4 from yesterday and after another fd too! I already consumed 770 calories and intend only eating a peach 🍑 this evening.

@songbirdme enjoy these days before the wedding. And ofcorse enjoy 😊 all the family gathered for such a special occasion.

Onwards and downwards. Together we’re stronger.

Day 19, Guildford UK, FD

So bloated today again. Feeling really full although unsure what from.

And the waste keeps coming. WHERE FROM?

Am I eating during the night in secret?

I am so baffled by this…….

Mari

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/users/molij/July
    Day 19 – Florida

FD today. Was able to complete my routine exercises this morning. Learned how to make my tree look better with Spanish moss on it. Working on a pencil drawing. Luckily I have wonderful artist to ask for help. 😀
    Ate some tuna fish, 70 calories and some crackers for lunch. Will have a lean cuisine for dinner to keep around the 5gJuly00 calories.

@Emma-Taylor- try not using the sweeteners. I’ve heard they don’t help with weight loss. I limit myself to 2 teaspoons of real sugar for my coffee or tea. I’m going try black tea and see how that works.

Have a great afternoon.

Pocket list for day 19

@slacknz
    @shimmera
    @beedoo
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @emma1202
    @molij
    @kaywesterman

This may explain the changes I’m beginning to see on my body!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271606/#!po=62.5000

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Just checking in. Not caught up with posts yet. 😊🌼🌻

Day 19 London UK FD third post

Just popping in after a long by day. Thankfully managed to stay in track with fast as it was much needed after yesterday’s carb feast.

@rainbowsmile Will be interested to hear the reason behind your bloating. Mine is definitely down to white refined carbs. Have also cut back on cows milk and am noticing that on the odd occasion I’ve had it when I forget to buy almond milk, it also makes me feel bloated/uncomfortable.

Hoping to see a drop in weight tomorrow, after jumping up 1kg overnight!!

Second post –
    @metatauta, I have not. But thank you for mentioning it. I will try tea unsweetened but also experiment with this and see if it works for me. It would be wonderful 🙂

Day 20 NZ NFD
    Weird day. Not a fast. But I can’t find my hunger.. so strange. So i don’t really feel like eating.
    Either way I will take it. I guess less calories might mean a good loss next weigh In. My partner is about to head overseas for 3.5wks and I’m feeling a bit funny about it I think.
    But while they are away i can really knuckle down on this!
    Have a good day everyone

Day 20, Cornwall UK, NFD

Sun streaming into the room and a lovely day ahead going out and about with visitors. Feels good. Photos were taken yesterday and for the first time I don’t even look fat! I used to hate having photos taken. I was surprised to see what i look like as in my head i havn’t really adjusted to the big weight loss.

Getting some loose skin now – upper arms and inner thighs. Wonder if it will go away over time if i keep going with yoga?

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s raining 😨 Such a surprise ha ha 😆 Yesterday evening was absolutely glorious so after a crazy super busy day in work I opted to sit outside chatting with DH and drinking wine 🍷 Dry till Friday not happening this week.

Still have two more days to work before I have my precious Sunday off. This is high season in our line of work so must keep head down and keep on keeping on. In winter I will often finish at 3pm so it’s just seasonal.

I have sent enquiries to a yoga studio in my village and I hope to start my first yoga class in early August. Listening to most of you guys loving your yoga, and really needing to get more supple in my joints, I am going to try it!! I reckon I will really enjoy it ☺️

@cornish-jane enjoy your time with visitors. Isn’t it great to look at recent photos and get a lovely surprise to see the new slim you? There were photos taken on our recent motorcycle trip and I was delighted to see I no longer resemble Michelin Man (motorcycle suits can be very unflattering when you are small and overweight). Have a great day 😄

Day 20, UK, NFD

Another full day gardening yesterday followed by a bar meal with friends last night. I have always felt that I was letting down my friend if I didn’t share a bottle of wine, but having explained firmly that me and wine are not compatible, there was no pressure whatsoever and we enjoyed a lovely evening.

@emma-taylor – thanks for asking – I’m doing great – not a single craving which tells me that my body is thanking me.
    Thank you @metatauta 🙂 Sounds like you still had a pretty controlled day and I trust you enjoyed your lunch out which is part of the flexibility of this WOL.
    @purplevilet – thanks for that interesting article. Hope you’re feeling brighter x
    @rainbowsmile – sounds a tad alarming!!
    Ahhh – Melton Mowbray Pork Pie – a very rare treat @diana123 🙂

Got a few more plants to get in the ground before the rain comes – ahead of another period of glorious sunny weather.

Day 20 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

As @daffodil2010 said, the rain has finally come after more than a month of sunshine. The air feels nice and fresh, but I hope the sun will be back for the weekend, because I would like to go on another hike.

Back over 71kg this morning, but I think that’s because of the huge burrito I had for lunch yesterday. I told myself I wouldn’t have anything for dinner, but I had a cheeky slice of pizza and loads of watermelon.

FD off to a good start – yogurt with granola and fruit for breakfast. Watermelon for lunch and then a low-calorie thai green curry for dinner should bring us to a comfortable 800kcal. I’m hoping to see the scales dip back under 71kg tomorrow morning.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Starting a Pocket List for today:

@moukinator

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.