July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 810 total)

• Day 13, UK, NFD

I’m officially plateauing ๐Ÿ˜ก , after successful FD yesterday the scales are showing the same weight. Ah well, lets carry on, no other choice. It will happen one day ๐Ÿ™‚

@basyjames have a great holiday ๐Ÿ˜Ž

@redrockgirl302 Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽŠ and many happy returns ๐Ÿ˜€

@ccco its good to hear from you, I was wondering how you are :D, good to hear you are doing well, stay strong ๐Ÿ’ช

@snowflake56 it made me sad to read that you are leaving this forum and I hope that all is well with you and it stays like that in the future. If you change your mind and you feel like popping in and saying hello we will be here ๐Ÿ™‚ . All the best to you.

@daffodil2010 I don’t know of any exercises for knees specifically but I do these ones: Winsor Pilates – Buns And Thigh Sculpting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFSHwgjlWo , and I think they are good for strengthening leg muscles overall, and by strengthening your leg muscles you strengthen your knee muscles as well. They are low impact which is very important if you have weak knees so they wont hurt them. Only 20 minutes too, so worth a try ๐Ÿ™‚

@Strawberriesandcream I couldnt agree more with that Henry Fordโ€™s quote, we do make our own reality (to a point) ๐Ÿ™‚

@fatfingers congrats on the WHOOSH! You go girl ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Hope you all have a great day lovely people โค

Day 13 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.

@RedRockGirl Happy Birthday are you referring to Sedona AZ? I am going there for the first time ever at the end of October for a spiritual retreat. Looking forward to it.

@anna6 yes taking care of an elder is very challenging, Both of my parents have passed, my MIL is like my own mother.

@daffodil2010 my knees are the same way. Congrats on hoovering around your goal weight What a wonderful feeling it is. Maintenance for me has been pretty easy. Might be because I am determined to keeping this weight off.

@shiny Thing thanks for the link. My knees are shot.

A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.

Day 13, NFD, US

My weight keeps bouncing up and down the same 2 kilos; most frustrating!!! Can’t wait to jump off plateau land.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 13 – UK – FD
    Day 11 – 12 – NFD

Bit of a change in the weather here – light drizzle or a mizzle as it’s known here sometime all morning for our regular Friday morning walk but we didn’t let that stop us…….

A bit of overindulgence yesterday involving a couple of G&Ts and some Sauvignon Blanc ๐Ÿ˜ˆ so ending the week with a FD

@slacknz – good job on that 5lb dispatched
    @dykask – if only we could choose where the fat disappears from โ˜บ๏ธ
    @annemarilyn – sorry to hear about your mum – hope she not too bad. Are you OK from the accident??stay strong and focused and you will get there – take it a day at a time and you know where we are if you need us ๐Ÿค—
    @purplevilet – the journey is yours – we all do it at a different pace and it’s getting to the end of our journey and not how you get there that is important
    @daffodil2010 – The words of Winnie-the-Pooh โ€œYouโ€™re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.โ€ seems apt somehow for your story……
    @Strawberriesandcream – great job! and love your quote – so true xx
    @diana123 – no words but a big ๐Ÿค—
    @stitchincarol – I love to cook too and do everything from scratch – I find the free MFP rather useful for keeping count on calories…… and yes there is no simple way but once you enter your favourite recipes in the system it becomes a bit quicker……..I’m in maintenance but I have to stay vigilant as it is so easy to consume way too many calories e.g. yesterday I estimated that ate/drank over 2000cals (500+ more than my TDEE ๐Ÿ˜ˆ)
    @penz – cherries are definitely way better than chocolate ๐Ÿ˜‰
    @beedoo – congratulations on getting so close to your maintenance – You will do it! It is important to remain vigilant once weight goal has been achieved – I have found it useful to allow a weight range for maintenance e.g. mine is 53-55kg and I have not gone over 55kg since reaching maintenance in December 2016
    @fattymessi – Welcome – I seem to remember your name from previous challenges……Remember that 5:2 is a WOL and not a diet!
    @snowflake56 – my life sounds like it was bit like yours – so lucky but I do realise that and am so grateful for it too. So sorry to hear that you are leaving us – do pop in just to say hi when you feel like it – You will remain in my thoughts – keep enjoying your retirement and I hope that the S stays at bay. I shall miss you and your wisdom and unfailingly positive attitude to life xx
    @siano – We have all been there – I have found brushing my teeth early in the evening and then sticking to drinking water helps when the cravings/munchies strike on a FD
    @basyjames – happy holidays enjoy the vacation x
    @redrockgirl302 – Happy birthday ๐Ÿ’ sounds like you have a fab time planned
    @back2thefuture – how lovely to hear from you – I joined the November 2016 challenge that you ran and I never forgot the wonderful support you gave me reaching maintenance in Dec 2016 and I still am in maintenance, all due to the support on these wonderful challenges!!
    @daffodil2010 – this is a good link with relatively easy to start exercises – Slideshow: Exercises to Help Knee Pain in Pictures – WebMD
    https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/…knee…/slideshow-knee-exercise…
    @fatfingers – you are doing a great job – keep at it…….have you tried yoga or pilates????

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend – I have no specific plans but will enjoy watching some of the cricket, football and tennis on offer – Wimbledon finals should be good!

To lose the weight and keep it off we cannot go back to doing what we did before when we gained the weight!

โ€œITโ€™S NOT JUST ABOUT LOSING THE WEIGHT; ITโ€™S ABOUT LOSING THE LIFESTYLE AND MINDSET THAT GOT YOU THEREโ€ Steve Maraboli

Day 13, USA (Nebraska), NFD

My FD yesterday certainly exceeded the 500 calories I plan on, but it was still entirely reasonable…perhaps 700? 800? And my excesses were justified–long story, but reasonable. So I’m feeling content this morning, if not QUITE as empty as I prefer, lol. On Wednesday, I had a beer as I cooked supper, and then wanted another as I ate supper, but managed somehow to talk myself into ice water–and I was content with that! Hooray for small victories, eh?

@backtothefuture, it seems odd to say welcome back since I’m still fairly new, and you’ve not seen my name before–but welcome back! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I smiled to see your name because I grew up in California, but always have to explain to people that it’s so far north that they “need to think ‘Pacific Northwest.'” My hometown is Crescent City, right on the coast and 20 miles south of Oregon. Where in the PNW are you?

@fatfingers, I have some insights for you, that you may or may not know. First of all, I have a friend who may be as large as a size 1…she is the tiniest thing ever, and this is after giving birth to four babies! Plus, she’s 50, so the creep is theoretically starting on her–except it isn’t. Flat stomach, fab body (partly because of her genetics, partly because of her yoga regime). But? She has fat fingers. Always has. So, with that bad news, let me get on to the good news: my weight has fluctuated enough over the years (partly from non-pregnancy weight gain, also from pregnancy-related), and I know for a fact that when I get to a particular weight, it takes a month or more for my body to catch up to the lower weight and stop shrinking. In the same way, when I gain weight–say, 8 pounds–although that’s enough to make clothes not fit me, they continue to fit fine for at least two weeks, before my body size reflects the scale. So, just watch and see if you don’t continue to shrink in size even if the scale isn’t going down! And, CONGRATULATIONS on the whoosh!!!

@RedRockGirl, I bought some Kombucha yesterday because of your enthusiastic comment. I have mixed feelings about it. It was indeed nice to have a liquid flavor other than water or unsweetened tea for a FD…but it was also a bit too “vinegar-y” for an enthusiastic endorsement from me. Is it always so close to tasting/smelling like vinegar, or are there real differences between brands?

A great quote I just read: “Take courage: I’ve never yet met a strong person with an easy past.”

Have a strong day, everyone!

USA Day 13 FD

Just checking in! My Summer seems to have become very busy! Today is my third FD and I just weighed myself this morning. Despite spending last week away and eating way more than I am accustomed to, with this week’s FDs I have lost weight and for the first time, I think I will reach my goal by the end of July! Hurray! Then I will have to figure out how to maintain! I think that can be the hardest part but I believe this way of life will help me! Have a great day everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday and today, keeping controlled and just under TDEE is my plan.

@redrockgirl302 – Happy birthday to you! โ™ซโ™ชโ™ซ May it be a terrific day!

@at – I am right with you cooking from scratch and using MFP for calorie counting. I have added a few of my own recipes (breakfast items especially) that make using it especially convenient.

@back2thefuture – great to see you again!

Onward and downward.

Day 13 Wales NFD

@snowflake56 sorry to see you leave us, but I do understand your feelings about the internet, I sometimes feel it takes up too much of my time. Wishing you a fabulous retirement and continued health with the 5:2 WOL xx

@daffodil2010 my knees often clicked, I mentioned it to a physio I was seeing for back pain (arthritis) and she said it was dry joints…..yes, down to age! I’ve continued with the pilates exercises she taught me and not only has my back improved but now my knees don’t click nearly so much. I’ve also increased the healthy fats I eat from oily fish and olive oil and take a daily vitamin D tablet.

@redrockgirl302 wishing you a fabulous Happy Birthday!!

Looking forward to a glass or two of red wine tonight to celebrate it being Friday….and it will taste all the better for having had 2 good FDs this week. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 13, Cornwall UK, NFD

No weight loss to report this week. But 1cm off my waist so I’ll take that. Just have to keep going as I have no other plan!

Fortunately the elderflower champagne is nearly all gone so at least I can cut down on the sugar. In theory all that sugar should be going to my waist but its not!

@daffodil2010 – I don’t think you have to accept sore knees in your early 50s. Best to talk to a physio if you can. Because if you have injured your knees, then something like gentle exercise may be good until healed. My Mum is a physio so I do know that strong muscles protect joints, so maybe you need some muscle strengthening? A physio will tell you which muscles to focus on as they may be your bum and core (stomach muscles) that primarily help you get up and down from the floor easily without pain? So some yoga holds like The Plank and The Boat may be good. They made a huge difference to me – I had knee pains from high impact aerobics – and all gone now after a year of yoga. We are all different but don’t accept the situation – its a long time until you are in your 80s to be in pain! Glad your 5:2 is working out by the way.

Congrats @ccco on approaching target weight! What have you got planned for maintenance (if you don’t mind me asking!)?

Day 13 – Florida

NFD today. Only 40 calories over my 500 calories for FD. I also was able to exercise yesterday. Not much going on today. Cleaned out stuff from under the bed. Thinking about how to set up an art/office space together. Our condo is small and I have downsized quite a bit, so I think it can be done. I’ve been looking for ideas on how to set the space up.

@redrockgirl302 hope you have a great birthday. I love the area where you live. Just beautiful.
    Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

Day 13 – USA – FD

Will try to keep to 500 cals today. So far 472, so I’ll have to rely on some broth later if I get hungry. @snowflake56, thank you for being on this thread for as long as you have – you will be missed. Enjoy retirement and please pop in every so often just to say hello!

Day 13, Gozo, Malta, cd

Redrockgirl302 have a wonderful birthday ๐ŸŽ‚. May the coming year be filled with prosperity, health and peace of mind.

Today was a cd for me.

My son got his results of O levels and he has a result for the Maltese subject. He still gets to go to college but needs to obtain a better pass in Maltese in the coming two years to eventually go to university of Malta. He had very high grates in Biology, chemistry and physics. Heโ€™d like to become a medical doctor.

Good night ๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค everyone , onwards and downwards.

Friday 13 Day 13

Second post

@strawberries&Cream – thank you!

My FD was not a FD! Iโ€™ve got guests now & canโ€™t fast til Tuesday.
    Iโ€™ll check in.

Thanks for being there!

USA Day 13 FD
    Second Post

I had a successful FD today and am looking forward to eating again tomorrow! LOL Have a great evening, everyone!

Day 14 – Japan – NFD

My routines are changing a lot because of upcoming travel and the HEAT … It will probably hit 36 here today.

50 water fasts done in 2018 so far.

Day 14 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Good morning everyone ๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŒปโ˜€๏ธ

I am in chipper firm this bright and sunny morning. I swear Ireland has packed its bags and moved to the Mediterranean…..it’s still warm and sunny here! Everyone has tans! Kids running around in shorts, out on their bikes, wearing sandals, neighbours out chatting to each other, carefree and enjoying this summer, despite it officially being a drought, water restrictions, grass low stubby and brown….we know it will be back to normal at some stage so let’s enjoy it.

I am now half a pound away from entering 8 stone and again ๐Ÿ’ƒ Off to work soon, and then weekend wine, but it was nice to see a 9 stone 0 on the scales today!!

Thank you for the suggestions regarding my knees.
    @purplevilet I don’t go to the gym so all exercise will be done at home. You may be right about needing a balance between standing on my feet all day and resting.
    @shinything and @at I will check out the YouTube link and the WebMD photos when I get home from work – cheers ๐Ÿ‘
    @missybear yes my knees click a lot but your comment has given me a lightbulb moment. I used to eat at least three portions of oily fish like mackerel for my lunch a few years ago…..I can’t remember why I stopped, but for the health benefits I need to start eating fish again. Thanks for that.
    @cornish-jane you are right, I don’t want to accept knee pain at my age, and DH was telling me last night that his knee is also sore (he refuels aircraft at the airport and often has to get down on his knees to attach fuel pipes)…and he is not even 50!!! So both of us need to start taking knee care. I might check out yoga classes nearby for me (DH would not go to yoga in a fit)โ˜บ๏ธ Thanks.

Gotta go, work calls ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ

Day 14 UK FD

Day 13 NFD

Sorry I forgot to check in yesterday. I am getting naughty with that tut,tut!

I hope you all enjoy this Sunny Saturday. ๐Ÿ˜

Today’s pocket list:

@sarahbob

Day 14, UK, NFD

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Day 14…NSW Australia…NFD
    Hi everyone. So sorry, haven’t had a chance to read all your posts yet.

Just checking in. Down to my lowest weight for a lot of years: 74.1kg. I’m hoping the downward trend continues – fingers crossed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and bye for now!

Nice weekend all ๐Ÿ™‚

Todayโ€™s pocket list:

@sarahbob
    @purplevilot

Day 14 – USA – NFD

Great FD yesterday (finally) at 495 cals.

Day 14, Guildford UK, WFD 6 of 7

Forgot to log in yesterday. Thank you to those who have added me to the pocket list.

Yesterday I had 300 cals as I felt I had keto flu so I had some potato flakes with Marigold powde. Some headache.

Sleeping well.

No ketosis.

@snowflake56, sad you have left us although I understand the techno issue.

Stay well everyone.

V

Day 14, Gozo, Malta, cd

Ate cottage pie and some mazzorella sticks. Iโ€™d like it to be a cd and will refrain from eating the usual half a pizza this evening. Tomorrow weโ€™re going out for lunch.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 14 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed a 1000 calorie CD yesterday. Yeah for that. Keeping at maintenance.

Today will be a sports-watching day. GO SERENA at the All-England! Found out Kevin Anderson (from South Africa) who will be playing for the Wimbledon final tomorrow played his university tennis at my Alma Mater, University of Illinois. Plus he is married to a young woman who graduated from my same high school. SO, of course I am rooting for him!

Then in World Cup – no real preference today. France tomorrow, though!

Onward and downward.

Day 14, UK, NFD

I decided to have a non CD day today and not worry about weight or calories or food, just give myself a break. Hopefully that will help to relax and get back on track as I’m really stuck ๐Ÿค”

Reading the posts here always lifts my mood and encourages me ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and all the sports on offer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

We can do this together ๐Ÿค—

Day 14, USA (Nebraska), NFD

@shinything, good for you to just not worry about it. It will come–you know that, and we’re all here to reassure you of that. You’ll find the exact thing you need to get back on track; I’m sure of it!

Yesterday was a fun day shopping for the refinished claw foot tub for the bathroom remodel that’s approaching, and then cooking a lovely dinner of roasted red potatoes with corn and a rainbow of bell peppers, warmed up turkey tenderloin, steamed green beans from my garden, and apricot/tomato salsa served on cucumber slices. I also found some good oysters on a good sale, so we had half last night and will have the other half tonight. Altogether, it was a delightful meal that felt entirely satisfying, but was still well within the TDEE that I had remaining.

This morning, I’ve had the first lesson with a new piano student, and now I’m off to be church secretary, so I should do okay with not nibbling throughout the day, giving me more calories for supper tonight…perhaps some wine, while I’m at it!

โ€œTake courage: Iโ€™ve never yet met a strong person with an easy past.โ€

Day 14, USA (Nebraska), NFD

@shinything, good for you to just not worry about it. It will come–you know that, and we’re all here to reassure you of that. You’ll find the exact thing you need to get back on track; I’m sure of it!

Yesterday was a fun day shopping for the refinished claw foot tub for the bathroom remodel that’s approaching, and then cooking a lovely dinner of roasted red potatoes with corn and a rainbow of bell peppers, warmed up turkey tenderloin, steamed green beans from my garden, and apricot/tomato salsa served on cucumber slices. I also found some good oysters on a good sale, so we had half last night and will have the other half tonight. Altogether, it was a delightful meal that felt entirely satisfying, but was still well within the TDEE that I had remaining.

This morning, I’ve had the first lesson with a new piano student, and now I’m off to be church secretary, so I should do okay with not nibbling throughout the day, giving me more calories for supper tonight…perhaps some wine, while I’m at it!

โ€œTake courage: Iโ€™ve never yet met a strong person with an easy past.โ€

2nd post

My OH was disappointing that England lost today. He is an avid football supporter of England particularly the Manchester United.

I didnโ€™t refrain from having pizza but ate a quarter of a pizza instead my usual half. My OH encouraged me to eat it though he complained he has gained weight in our last holiday in Sicily.

Good night ๐Ÿ’ค๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜ด

Day 14 UK NFD

Lovely to read all your posts and catch up with how you are doing. Sounds as tho it’s been a pretty full, sunny and lively month with some deep sharing of experience and ideas.

I’ve had a fuller couple of days.My stepson came to stay on Thursday to help me get out and about more easily. We went into town for a meeting and then to the GP for post-hospital check up.

I’ve still got pneumonia and pleurisy – unsurprisingly after only 18 days ๐Ÿ™‚ Crackles in the lungs, slight temperature, getting dizzy, breathless and panting, racing heart and low energy. It’ll take another 4-6 weeks to recover. But he was v supportive indeed of my activity levels, of everything I’m doing to eat, drink, get gently active etc. Apparently it’s good to be out and about being breathless, and he encouraged me to get involved in meetings, projects etc rather than resting up. All the breathlessness is part of the healing, and will mean I recover faster and more fully. Repeat bloods and chest x-ray in 3-4 weeks before being signed back to health.

I’ve taken him at his word & been out and about! Yesterday we went to a small but important national conference – a last minute invitation and acceptance. Today went to half a community awayday, came home at lunchtime then slept through most of the tennis. I’m pretty exhausted, and looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. More help on 3 days next week and then I’m on my own – but everything goes pretty quiet until end of August and I’ve got some holiday time in there too.

I’ve mostly eaten pretty healthily this last 2 weeks, despite having lost a shocking 6lbs in 4 days of illness, following my usual diet of low carb, gluten-free, vegetarian food. Ten days of salads and fruit somehow morphed into a few days of getting-by food – lucozade for dizzy times, baked sweet potatoes with lashings of butter and cheese for quick suppers, crackers & cheese for take out lunches, plus chocolate coated rice cakes and the odd ice cream. I can’t quite manage some of the food I’d usually enjoy – the effort of chewing and swallowing – so I’ll need to plan a bit more carefully for the next while.

This evening I’m feeling spectacularly bloated and more than ready for a CD to get back into the swing. I’ve probably put on a few pounds this last week, but not worried. Hoping I’m still under my June end of 150, but I’ll start wherever I find myself.

CD tomorrow – staying away from carbs and eating mindfully, drinking plenty of water. And a life-giving mix of gentle active & rest – yoga and meditation, writing time and sitting in the shade. xx

Day 14 – Florida

NFD today. Saw a recipe on how to make homemade butter. ๐Ÿ˜Š Very easy with a food processor. The liquid becomes buttermilk. So this morning I made buttermilk pancakes with the homemade butter. So good. Only had 1 pancake. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Iโ€™ve been working on a new painting that consists cactus and flowers. It has been a challenge but Iโ€™m beginning to like it.
    Went out to dinner last night and had Red Fish. Never had that before and it was good. Trying to focus on what Iโ€™m eating on NFD.
    Have a good evening.

@kaywesterman – I used to make this pancake when doing South Beach Diet. It is very low carb. Instead of 4 egg whites, I used 2 whole eggs. Also, I whirred the dry oats in my blender before mixing it all together. Non-sugar syrup too —
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/south-beach-oatmeal-pancake-93019#activity-feed

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Checking in. It’s my day off โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’ƒ
    Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 15 NSW Australia NFD

Day 15, UK, NFD

Day 15 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Day 14-15 – UK – NFD

Glorious weather for the weekend again – having a relaxed time catching up at home and watching the tennis – great afternoon yesterday seeing the end of the Nadal v Djokovic match then seeing Kerber win in straight sets – both winners were well deserved! It sounds like Belgium played a better game than England so well done to them!

I want to watch both Wimbledon and the football this afternoon so will be looking at the tennis on the TV and keeping an eye on the football on my laptop………..โ˜บ๏ธ

Out to brunch with a friend soon whilst OH has gone out for a fell run……I know what I’d rather be doing ๐Ÿ˜‰

We are having an afternoon tea party tomorrow for a friend’s birthday and I’m making an Italian apple cake this afternoon as part of the spread on offer!

@anna6 – good results for your son – I’m sure he will get into medical school as desired
    @daffodil2010 @arelkade – congratulations to you both on that downward trend
    @shinything – You are right sometimes taking time out is great and gets you into the right frame of mind – can I ask are you eating to the TDEE for the weight you want to be???
    @michelinme – good to hear from you and that you are improving if slowly and you sound in a strong place mentally too xx PS – Lucozade is horrible stuff – nothing healthy or good in it – try eating high protein and lots of healthy vegetables instead of processed carbs – as they will help with healing

Right I’m off to shower and get ready to meet up with my friend for brunch at 1130 ๐Ÿ˜‹ Will try for a CD today as yesterday ended up a bit of Feast Day ๐Ÿ˜ˆ – it’s all about balancing it out………

Have a fab Sunday wherever you are and whatever you are doing – “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” Marcus Aurelius

Day 15 a wet Belfast (very needed rain) NFD

Just home from an indulgent weekend with my sons, so reset, reset, RESET!
    The scales have gone on strike – the battery has died – so I canโ€™t assess the damage. Maybe thatโ€™s a good thing lol!
    Just catching up on all the posts, so many of which are so honest and soul searching. @ Strawberries, BasyJames and @emma Taylor I so empathise with your posts. My father died when I was 4 and a stepfather and 4 step siblings arrived in my life five years later. My teenage years were very unhappy and I left home with undue haste at 18 and struggled for years with the feeling of not being loved. I have spent many years analysing my own journey. @diana123 how strong you must be and what a big heart you have; your quote โ€˜Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness. Forgive them because you deserve Peace.โ€™ is so true. It took me many years to come to terms with my unhappiness and anger but before my mum died, I was able to talk to her about it finally close the book.
    @arelkade so sorry to hear about your brother. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
    @michelinme glad to hear youโ€™re on the mend
    @rainbowsmile you are an inspiration!
    Youโ€™ve really been through the mill @annemarilyn. Stay strong.
    @Strawberries ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช yay!
    @backtothefuture welcome back
    Good luck @snowflake55. Sorry to see you go.
    Happy birthday @redrockgirl302

Now England is out of the World Cup I wonโ€™t watch the football, but Iโ€™m excited about the tennis.

Day 14 UK WFD
    Day 15 UK NFD

Yesterday became a water fast day as I have a sickness bug. Horrible but I suppose it will result in weight loss! I’ll see how it goes today and will probably eat very little. Would prefer to feel well and choose what to eat.
    Have a good day

Day 14 Florida

NFD Lost almost a pound this week. 174.4 Moving onward and downward.
    Have a great Sunday.

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed okay yesterday. Sorry England lost to Belgium… but still it was a very good run for England. Congratulations! Congrats also to Angelique Kerber at Wimbledon.

Today I have to say “Vive la France” and “alles blues” as we were in Martinique for France’s 1998 World Cup win, cheering them on with rowdy fans in a beach-side restaurant & bar. So excited for the coach who was captain of the 1998 team.

Onward and downward.

Day 15, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Thanks @at for your vote of confidence in our son. Iโ€™d like him to become the best medical doctor he can be. He is very responsible and mature for his age.

Today we had coffee and cake with some friends in Malta then went to a seaside resort in Malta (my OH and I) and had lunch in a nearby restaurant. I had a salmon salad and cracking belly of pork with vegetables and only had one slice backed potato. I also drunk one and a half white semi sweet wine.

This evening it will be some fruit or a yogurt. Iโ€™m not counting calories today. Tomorrow is a fast day for me.

Onwards and downwards. Have a great Sunday everyone.

USA Day 15 NFD

Just checking in! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 15, UK, NFD

Its been another hot, sunny day ๐Ÿ˜Ž and I did a bit of gardening, planted a couple of shrubs, bird friendly ones ๐Ÿ•Š . Eating was ok, not excessive but not controlled either. Looking forward to my FD tomorrow, thats for sure.

@daffodil2010 “I swear Ireland has packed its bags and moved to the Mediterraneanโ€ฆ.” hahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚ you made me laugh with that. The same could be said for the whole of UK too ๐ŸŒž

Thank you for your words of support @stitchincarol , I needed to hear that ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme glad to hear you are making progress in your recovery, make sure you take good care of yourself until you are fully recovered ๐Ÿค—

@at yes, I’m eating to the TDEE for the weight I want to be, or thats the idea, I go over it many times ๐Ÿ™

@siano I hope you feel better soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day/evening everyone ๐ŸŒป

Day 15 – USA – NFD

Day 15 London ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง NFD

Oh dear. Iโ€™ve had 4 NFDs in a row which isnโ€™t a bad thing in itself but I have not been making the best decisions when it came to mealtimes! Lots of eating out, lots of cheese, cake and ice cream. I have no self contr when Iโ€™m in holiday mode…and I wasnโ€™t even on holiday. My in laws were over for a long weekend. They werenโ€™t a bad influence at all, I just used their presence as an excuse to over indulge. Anyway, I am determined to get back on track this week. Will be working 4 days and think Iโ€™ll attempt four back to back 500 cal fast days. But one day at a time, I will focus on tomorrow first.

Not sure Iโ€™ll weigh myself tomorrow morning as I think Iโ€™ll just be very disappointed. Last Wednesday saw me at my lowest weight since I had my son two years ago, and just two kg away from goal weight. I WILL get back there soon!

Day 16 FD NZ
    Fast going well so far. Dinner Will be my downfall if i let it!
    Had an ok weekend. Didn’t go too overboard I don’t think..
    Have a good day everyone

Day 16 NSW Australia NFD

Hi everyone, just checking in!
    Will try FD tomorrow instead of today!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 16 – Japan – FD (water fast #51?)

Heat is really messing up my weight, so I’m not worrying about it.

Day 16, Guildford UK, CFD

Today is a LCHF day. I can start protein load and muscle build today. Refeed begins.

Intense muscle build using weights and body weight. Will do my 100 crunch challenge for 10 days. Also going to do shoulder burns as I think my shoulders are under muscled and weak.

Extra salt.

Lots of vegetables.

Will make another chicken bone broth today as I have run out.

It looks like I have lost some body fat but I don’t have scales so weigh in the gym at the end of the month using the body monitor.

I think I will pay for a body comp check too and full bloods at the end of the month.

Onwards and downwards.

@dykask heat makes life complicated and for me I confuse thirst with hunger. So please take care and stay hydrated.

@beedoo this WOL is great as it’s a journey not a destination. It’s great to be so close to goal, can’t wait. I am positive you will get there, you have done so well.

@daffodil2010 the heat sets us up in holiday mode, makes it harder to work. Although we can enjoy it as it’s so thrilling to be continental.

@michelinme pleased you are recovering well, it’s great to hear. Knowing our lovely mitchelinme she is working hard on her recovery. Hugs.

@debster251, cheerleading you on, see the banner waiving, go, go, go……..

Mari

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

There was strange liquid coming out of the sky all day yesterday…..I believe it’s what folk call rain ๐Ÿ˜† Yes, after more than 8 weeks, we got a spill of rain yesterday. I was actually delighted, and had buckets dotted around the gutters to collect rain water. I got three watering cans full so happily put that onto my tomatoes. We have a 1200l water butt which dried up a few weeks ago so there should be water there too. Hosepipe ban and water restrictions will continue for a while yet.

And now it’s sunny again โ˜บ๏ธ

Being my one day off in a sandwich of 6 day weeks I over indulged on crisps and dark chocolate and red wine. Weight has gone to the usual Monday morning weight, water weight, and I note that I am at this exact weight EVERY Monday since the start of June. Losing the same couple of pounds all the time. Could be maintaining but I want to dispatch a few more off ๐Ÿค“

Monday is a busy FD for most, together we are stronger. Pocket list day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @arelkade
    @dykask

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.