July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,996 total)

• Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Today we might go South to our cabin until Sunday. All packed but have not decided yet if we should actually go because of the crazy severe thunderstorms β˜ˆβ›ˆπŸŒ© and flash floods!🌊

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!😊😊😊

Day 19 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Still right at 160 maintenance, and at a concert last night (being up front directing) my “new” body was on display. It feels so good to continue to have people give me kudos for looking so much better. Those 35 pounds are gone forever!

I am so thoroughly enjoying our book discussions, and thank you one and all for the suggestions. I do find reading a chapter or two last thing at night especially good for relaxation. I have to agree with the theory of “no screens” before bed helps me to relax.

@debster251 – I have put “Seven Sisters” on my list to check out! I hope my local used bookstore has them. If they don’t, I know Amazon re-sellers will have it.

Growing up in the US Midwest, we always only drank tea. I remember on a European tour with a choir at age 18, the organizers treated us to a high tea in London. It was completely new to all of us having that kind of meal. Here, farm communities would have a large dinner every day at mid-day as the men worked in the fields all morning and came in for the meal. To “lunch” meant a snack at any time of day. Oh, we are so shaped by language and culture, aren’t we?

Onward and downward.

Day 19 FD!!!!!! country West Australia
    Day 18 turned out to be a NCNFD ( non-controlled NFD).
    Was doing OK yesterday after coffee with my mum until I went to a little cafe and saw ‘ Lamb Navarin’ which I haven’t had in years and just had to have it for lunch/dinner.
    Dinner/tea out last night, again, so stayed with soup and bread then apple crumble and custard.
    I WAS mindful of exactly what I was eating!!
    Today’s FD has been liquid only. The first one in forever.
    I’ve just had a cup of hot water with a teaspoon of Vegemite dissolved in it.
    Feeling good but wondering if I should have something small for dinner/tea as I usually get a bad migraine if I go without something solid. So tussling with should I…. / shouldn’t I….

Re ‘tea’. Growing up in the country we always had Breakfast, lunch/dinner ( interchangeable), dinner/ tea ( interchangeable.)
    There was some thought ‘ back in the day’ in some parts of the bush that it was ‘posh’ to have lunch and dinner.
    Ordinary people merely had dinner ( midday) and tea ( evening meal)!
    All 3 meals were or could be substantial.
    Dinner/tea was between 6 – 9 pm, one has to be very flexible on the farm depending on what is going on.
    @anna6, hope your little one is improving.
    Glad to hear there are other bookworms on this site – I have always loved to read, though get very little time now.
    I have been in a bookclub for 32 years and we used to meet monthly to discuss books although this year has been more an occasional ‘ wine and cheese’ get together as we were finding none of us actually finished the last couple of books.
    @xrox, I’m still on the plateau waiting for a whoosh.
    To drink more water I keep a glass on the windowsill by my sink. Every time I go to the kitchen I try to have a glass of water.
    Off to slay dragons or try to keep them at bay.😢

Akron oh day 19, my goodness July is flying by! FD aiming for 250 cal day. Full fat, low sugar Yogurt, small veggie salad with ranch dressing when I get home and half my weight in water.
    I also use the same strategy for drinking water: I use 33.8 oz bottles and try to drink at least two and a half a day, sometimes three if possible. It’s a habit now,first bottle after my workout before I leave the house, second bottle before I leave work for the day, last bottle before 6 pm. So on a good day I drink 101 oz, but at the very least drink 84.5oz. I always have a full bottle of water in the car when I’m driving. Needless to say my pee is very clear. Sorry for the visual tmi πŸ™‚

2nd post. Had a bit of time so have updated today’s pocket list!

***DAY 19 POCKETEERS***
    If you’d like to join just copy and paste the list, adding your own name
    ***TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER***

@ducks_d
    @bigviking
    @brightonbelle
    @msraven
    @lynned
    @strawberriesandcream
    @liathanail
    @belfastsink
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @lumat
    @bert1802
    @emma Taylor
    @lilymartin
    @basyjames

Good luck everyone today!

Day 19, Johannesburg (South Africa) – NFD
    I’d like to join this challenge – I have been doing it and lurking here. I am fasting three days a week: Tues, Thurs and Sat. I find it easier if the results are a bit quicker. At the end of this blitz month, I plan to go to 5:2.
    On my fast days, I prefer to have only tea, lots of tea, and the low fat or fat free milk in the tea is my calorie allowance. I also sometimes have diet Coke, but am trying to stop all artificial sweeteners.

Day 19 – USA – FD

@EmmaTaylor, welcome back! I haven’t been on board with pocket winos, as I drink beer only, but since retirement, it has become a daily wind down with OH while watching a good movie at the end of the day. It’s one of those habits I will not want to give up altogether, but not EVERY NFD. Got to cut down!

Day 19 – USA – FD

Second post: I will put myself on the list:
    @ducks_d
    @bigviking
    @brightonbelle
    @msraven
    @lynned
    @strawberriesandcream
    @liathanail
    @belfastsink
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @lumat
    @bert1802
    @emma Taylor
    @lilymartin
    @basyjames
    @metatauta

Day 19 – USA – FD

Whoops, forgot to add an interesting clip about 8 glasses of water a day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae4wZ79GzGU&ytbChannel=Eric%20Berg

Day 19, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Still in maintenance mode.

Hot day here, but then it is July in Missouri so that is to be expected.

Lots of water, green tea, indoor exercise.

My best to you all.

Antoine de Saint-ExupΓ©ry once said, “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

Day 19 FD
    @anna6 Sending prayers and all around good energy for you and your whole family. Waiting by the bedside of our ill kiddos is so difficult. I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

This has been a very informative thread of posts. I’m loving the tea conversation, as well as the summer read suggestions …I learn so much from all of you. Growing up out her in the West on a farm, we had “supper” versus “dinner,” a late afternoon meal (usually eaten on Sundays) versus having an evening meal.

Hope all the fasters are doing well-my FD is just starting!

@lindasue — I LOVE that quote! Antoine de Saint-ExupΓ©ry once said, β€œA goal without a plan is just a wish.”

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

@anna6 I hope the little ones are getting better now, they dehydrate so fast when ill.

***DAY 19 POCKETEERS***
    If you’d like to join just copy and paste the list, adding your own name

@ducks_d
    @bigviking
    @brightonbelle
    @msraven
    @lynned
    @strawberriesandcream
    @liathanail
    @belfastsink
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @lumat
    @bert1802
    @emma Taylor
    @lilymartin
    @basyjames
    @metatauta
    @krisnia
    @lindasue
    @snowflake56

Day 19 – FIN – NFD

I went completely overboard with my eating yesterday evening. Don’t know whether it was thirst or something else, but I felt completely unable to sate my hunger regardless of how much I ate. Ended up going to the store to buy a 250 g bag of candy and ate it in one go… The day didn’t start that great either with me sampling every dessert I’d gotten back with me from the party on Sunday. And then there were two ice creams at some point as well… Needless to say I didn’t exactly feel great from eating all that junk.

Having hopefully learned something from yesterday I’ve taken a more wholesome approach to my eating today. Porridge with two tbs of ground flax seeds and 1,5 dl of bilberries (the superior blueberries!), a soft-boiled egg with a little Himalayan crystal salt for breakfast, summer vegetable soup and two crispbreads with toppings for lunch so far. I’m tempted to have something sweet as snack soon, but will hopefully stick to fruits instead of anything too sugary.

Day 19 NFD St. Louis MO
    Weight 132.4 WOOT! WOOT! I have met my weight goal. Hoping it’s a whoosh and not simply lost water weight. Either way I’ll work on maintaining. Still planning on doing two days a week fasting but I may drop the third day and focus on control days.

I have been in a reading mode as well and just finished Neil Gaiman’s Ocean at the End of the Lane. Fantasy of coarse and a quick read but it totally captivated me and I finished it in two days. I even went back and reread some parts yesterday evening. Now to dig into this other pile of books on my coffee table. As others in the Midwest have said we’ve been having quite a bit of heat but hot weather is, although 100Β° for the past two weeks it’s been pretty intense.

I have enjoyed following the discussion of tea. I am a coffee and tea drinker. Typically have coffee in the morning and three in the afternoon. I’visited in Ireland about 10 years ago and was having lunch with a couple of women in a pub there. I ordered iced tea and the waitress looked at me as if I had two heads. She even curled her lip a bit and then brought me a cup of hot tea with an ice cube melting in it. The two women with me, one from Ireland one from England, both chuckled and told me that wasn’t common there. They asked if it wasn’t it water down. I thought about it later and, of course, we make it stronger and then add the ice so it’s not terribly weak but different. Also, I think the custom probably came up from our south which is a lot harder and a lot long And people there just preferred ice drinks to cool off in the sweltering summer’s. At least that’s my guess.

As always, all my best to all of you.

Day 19 Massachusetts USA NFD Often, on the day after a FD, I inch over my TDEE. I hope to stop this pattern. It may all even out because some of my FD’s are under 500 calories. I’ll find out at end of month where I stand. Shout out to all!

Day 19 California USA NFD

My FD yesterday was right on target at 500 calories and I’m at 63.9 or 140.8 this morning. Now I need to hold or go down from that after FD weight.

Busy day today, getting last minute things together for my flight in the morning, just before dawn. (What possessed me to book such an early flight?)

Congrats to everyone who lost weight and to all those now on maintenance. You are an inspiration to me!

Day 19 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Weight after B2B FDs – 53.6kg/118lbs lowest for a while! but then I haven’t done a B2B since beginning of June (to make up for my birthday overindulgences!!!)

Another lovely day today – enjoyed my 3rd Yin and Yoga Nidra class for the week and broke my fast eventually at 1300hrs with a light lunch out with our group of volunteers – small slice of butternut squash and goat cheese quiche and a mixed salad with a chilled glass of white wine – great company and thoroughly enjoyed!

We have lots of thunder, lightning and rain as promised by the weatherman β›ˆ this evening, such a change from the lovely sunny day……..

I loved the discussions about what “tea” means to everyone – so many variations across the globe! @lynzm great explanation!

Healthy dinner tonight of mixed vegetable salad and a small steak – well under TDEE for the day! that’s good for me after my 300cal B2B days so feeling πŸ˜‡I hope that I have closed that virtual kitchen door for the evening……..

Nice to read that many had a good FD yesterday and for those who struggled, tomorrow is another day!! @hannahwatto – I can believe that a sausage roll has 2000KJ (that would be nearly 500cals)
    @molij – I’m with you 🍷Wine is one of my pleasures in life and I also have three/four alcohol free days in the week – This WOL luckily allows us to continue with this pleasure….
    @annemarilyn – moments like that are to be treasured and form memories to cherish – I miss both my Dad (2005) and Mum (2014) but treasure lots of great memories
    @anna6 – thinking of you and your family during this very distressing time πŸ€—
    @lorky35 – try drinking a big glass (300mls) on waking before you have your coffee/tea and then have a glass every 2 hours until around 8pm (stop around then so you don’t have to get up during the night!) and this will take you over 2L plus with the other drinks you have during the day should keep you well hydrated!
    @Strawberriesandcream – great job on that FD yesterday!!! Like you I’m not prepared to give up on my glass of wine or two, a few days per week and by doing my 2 x FDs each week it allows me to stay in maintenance and enjoy my 🍷πŸ₯‚ and if need be I kick in an extra FD the week following an indulgent weekend πŸ˜‰
    @missybear -🍷is definitely not a poison but a pleasure and healthy for you if not drunk in abundance!!!
    @redrockgirl302 – safe travels if you decide to go
    @sarky – Welcome to the July Challenge – we are a very friendly mixed bag here and certainly global so lots of advice and support available
    @lindasue – love your quote and so true…
    @sirisan – great news πŸ’ƒ welcome to maintenance – so happy for you x

The thunderstorms and rain have eased off now and the sky has brightened up again!

“You Will Never Regret Reaching Your Goal – You Will Only Regret Giving Up and Not Trying Harder”

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Very hot and clammy today, especially at work, delivering the mail. Phew!

Day 19 | Cork, Ireland | NFD
    Looking forward to FD tomorrow. Getting back into the habit of fasting Mondays and Thursdays, so far so good.

South coast, uk. Day 19. Nfd
    Planned to eat to tdee today but am shattered, calorie intake has been low so going for controlled day. Will fast tomorrow along with you @ellie rainbow – have a good one.
    @anna6 – i truly hope the little ones are improving. Sending good wishes in the hope of a speedy recovery.
    The discussion on tea made me smile and salivate slightly thinking of cream teas yummy, might suggest a long walk sunday with a cream tea at the end to the hubs, he’ll always walk if there’s cream at the end!!
    Keep on everyone.

Hi day 19 co down ni nfd
    Just a quick check in again πŸ˜” looks like I have a lot to catch up on between tea v dinner and maybe more books recommended? Also at least one new member welcome Sarky I’ll get caught up soon. So busy in work this weather and with spending so much time at a computer I don’t feel like sitting again at home. Sorry all 😒

Day 20 – Mornington Peninsula Australia – FD

Woke up this morning thinking it would be a NFD then decided that since it is a very busy day why not make it a FD?

@sirisan – Congratulations! It is so inspiring when someone reach their goal weight, gives me that extra little pep in my step πŸ™‚ and I’ve decided to make this day count if you know what I mean. How much did you lose and how long did it take?

2/3 through this challenge, hasn’t it just flown by?

Have a wonderful day to all my fellow FD/NFD people!

Day 19, Guildford UK, NFD
    Day 20, Guilford UK, WFD

Day 19 UK FD

Very late logging in but today, Wednesday, was FD.

Day 19-NFD Syracuse, NY

Thanks for all of the water-drinking tips and tricks. I will try them! Today was supposed to be a FD but my schedule fell apart. Yes I’m slacking and making excuses; and I technically haven’t fasted once this challenge. My head is not in the game I guess; I’m really struggling to get started back again. Will go back to sun/thurs fast days. I do much better with a strict structure and schedule. Once preschool and school ended for my kids my order fell to pieces!
    I too love to read for my fellow fasters who are munching on books instead of food!!!! I’ll read anything. And I do mean anything from trashy, time-traveling romance to 1000 page military histories. Or at least give it 50 pages or so. (I once read a librarians suggestion; I’ll have to find it. You were supposed to give a book a certain number of pages depending on your age! I think by the time you were 80 you had no restrictions!)
    @sirisan. I love Neil gaiman. Loved neverwhere and American gods. Also read ocean at end of lane @fatrabbit I’ve read follett’s pillars of the earth (in English) you are so impressive. The century trilogy is on my shelf. I’m on goodreads and I spend a lot of times reading top reviewers reviews on books. Especially if the book is horrible and the review is really clever and funny. I’ve found lots of great books that way. I love my kindle. I can read past bedtime in the dark. And it’s so much easier to read 1000 page book with one hand.

Day 20 16:8/CD/Melbourne Australia

Yesterday’s CD went really well – mainly because I forgot to eat lunch. I ploughed through a mountain of paperwork I’d been avoiding and simply forgot to eat. I’ve always been like that, forgetting to eat if I’m busy. Perhaps that’s why I’ve found 5:2 so easy.

Dinner/tea was a very warming bowl of osso bucco with haricot beans served with casalinga (sourdough bread). Totally yum. OH opened a bottle of red. For a moment I was tempted to join him. @penz and @strawberriesandcream and pocket winos and real ale lovers, I thought of you and kept my resolve. @at I love a glass of wine and beer in summer and have no intention of giving up. My measuring jeans are a little tight and I always over indulge when I drink. I’m taking a break from daily weighing and my measuring jeans are telling me I need to cut down on calories overall. The day ended well under TDEE.

Fasting is all about mindset. If you believe you can fast you will. If you believe you can’t fast you won’t.

Day 20 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 82.7kg

@sirisan – Good going on getting to your goal weight!

I don’t have an exact goal weight. I want to get to the point where I can see my abs. I think at my worst point, my skin is still 2cm thick. While it seems bad it used to more than 10cm thick. I do not want to get back there.

Day 18 – FD but blew it right on bedtime.
    Day 19 – NFD, ate some high calorie food but stayed just under my TDEE

Day 20 | Sydney Australia | FD

After yesterday’s sweet and salty foods I expected the scales to show a temporary spike. Instead I’ve lost over half a kilo. Just reinforces the importance of not obsessing over the number on the scales on a daily basis, as long as the trend is in the right direction. Which it is.

I’ve got a couple of tomatoes and some lean ham for lunch. I will probably have some miso soup as well. And I’ll take it from there.

Day 20 CD country West Australia
    Yesterday’s liquid FD went very well. Didn’t eat anything – decided to just go to bed instead.
    Was going to keep fasting but feeling a bit tired and the makings of a headache lurking at the back of my head so broke fast with a small piece of kalamata toast with avocado – yum!
    @sirisan, congratulations on getting to goal.
    Talking about cultural differences with ‘tea’ and with iced tea in Ireland.
    When I was living in the UK I ordered a ‘lemon, lime and bitters’, a nice refreshing cold drink made of lemon soda, a squeeze of lime juice and a dash of angostura bitters, served with a slice of lime and ice. quite popular in Australia. It is a pale, apricotty looking drink.
    The barman looked at me oddly and then went off and eventually returned with a huge glass of very dark looking liquid which I sipped and it tasted terrible ( never been a beer drinker, can’t stand the stuff!! Give me a wine any day.)
    My English friends were perplexed wondering why I would want to adulterate perfectly good ale. Apparently the barman had simply put some lemonade and a squirt of lime cordial into a pint of bitter ale!!
    I instructed the barman, and my friends, on how to make a ridgy didge LLB ( lemon lime and bitters).🍹
    Hey ho! hey ho! It’s off to work I go.
    Have a good day all.
    BTW – a blessing for the day is , we’ve had rain!!!!! Still need more but at least we’ve had some.
    β˜‚οΈβ˜‚οΈπŸ˜€

2d post
    @chickensrock I started with the March challenge at 148.6 and wanted to lose 12 pounds. When I did reach that goal of 136 pounds I wanted to get down to 132. I started out with only a 12 pound goal because I wasn’t sure I could do it. When I made that, I think in May or by the end of May, I decided to shoot for another 4 pounds. So I lost a total of 16 pounds in about 4 1/2 months. I’ll be happy to maintain that so definitely going to stay with a couple of days fasting and see how it goes as well as continuing to use this site. I know 14 pounds isn’t a whole lot but I had been struggling for the past couple years and just couldn’t get it to move at all. I feel so much better in my clothes and just more comfortable. Reading other people’s posts on progress and efforts was motivating and inspiring.

@lilymartin. Loved your Australian ice drinks story. Sounds delicious and refreshing.

Day 20,India, B2B FD

Day 20 UK NFD 🌈

Good morning all. Woke up to a refreshing morning (it rained last night.

Tip
    I have noticed my motivation and intention is great at the start of the day, by 12 noon my resolve has gone, if I have planned to skip lunch and only eat dinner (FD) it’s somehow now a struggle. Even on a NFD by 12 I’m starving and go OTT. So I started taking in a little salad to work, bit of protein (ham or chicken or egg) lots of salad leaves, tom, cue, bit of coleslaw(spoonful)or potato salad(spoonful), beetroot. (The potato salad and coleslaw – make the salad lovely and yeah calories but I am eating SALAD). πŸ₯—πŸ₯—πŸ₯— Small Tupperware box, so at 12 I have this, what I have found is, it has stopped the office snacking, gave me energy no 3pm slump, and I’m not hungry – no need to rush and make dinner.

On a FD sometimes don’t have dinner will have “tea” πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ baked beans on one slice of toast, or egg and soldiers, that seems to be enough.

Seems to be working ATM.

Going to try the water drinking tips after all these months still haven’t got the hang of it. πŸ’¦πŸ‰πŸ’¦πŸ‰πŸ’¦πŸ‰.

Day 20, UK, NFD

So today is the 4 month anniversary for me on this WOL. The July challenge still isn’t producing the results this 51 year old chap was hoping for. According to the scales, I am down 1.4kg for the month. However, in the wider picture, my weight has dropped 21.9kg in 4 months; just under 5.5kg per month.

At 84.6kg and a BMI of 24.19, I have 5.1kg left to go to get to my goal weight. Onwards and downwards!

Day 19 SW WA USA – NFD

Was thinking to have an FD but enjoyed our potluck picnic at the concert in the park in Spokane. Got into town in time to join my son and some friends.

Day 20 Newcastle UK NFD.
    Another excellent fasting day yesterday. Back to soup and fruit for dinner today and a small portion of curry and rice for tea or should I say evening meal lol. 🀣🀣🀣 it wasn’t that long ago a bowl of soup meant 3 of 4 bread buns covered in butter how times have changed, very rarely do I have bread in my diet although I absolutely love it to the point of craving it.
    Bread bun bet there’s 10 different words to describe it in the UK alone ?
    Have a great day everybody.

Day 20 UK NFD

As a northerner living down south for some 30 years I enjoyed the tea/dinner discussion- ha ha @steve toon taxi driver bread buns/rolls I see youve thrown another grenade !

@lynzm – know what you mean about that midday slump – it can destabilise, I now have “good” lunch available just in case

Pocketwinos – nearly succumbed last night but thought about you and all those wise words – a glass sure will taste nice tomorrow🍻

Day 20, Northumberland UK, NFD

Chocolatey snacks sneaked in again yesterday, but around TDEE so no damage done and I did manage to get to the gym.

@steve-toon-taxi-driver what have you started now πŸ˜‰ bun, bap, roll, barm cake – and that’s just the parts of the UK I’ve visited family in…. And mustn’t forget the humble stottie – haven’t had one in ages even without this WoL

Day 20, Newcastle UK, CNFD

Completed my 2nd FD yesterday albeit at 800 cals. Happy with that – and no alcohol passed my lips.

Yay for all of us succeeding at curbing our weekly units (I know it’s only two days for me, but worth celebrating!). Good to have you on board @missybear & @belfastsink. @saffy420 – you’re probably in holiday mode already – so go and enjoy your cruise – you never did say where you are going or who with (I’m interested in hearing recommendations). Hope you have a brilliant time.
    @anna6 – big hug for you and your family – how’s Alexander doing today?
    LOL @lumat – it’s only because you described your pie as ‘massive’ on day 18 that I imagined something along the lines of Desperate Dan’s cow pie. I’m pleased to hear it wasn’t that big after all – just felt like it at the time. And btw, I’m in the soggy pastry camp – along with the lumpy custard & skin – preferably on top of a nice stodgy Spotted Dick. Oh well, I can dream………
    @sirisan – back to reality – I’m determined to catch you up next week – huge congratulations on making goal – promotion to the rank of maintainer.
    @hannahwatto – well done on maintaining dry July – I failed miserably in dry January this year – shortly followed by the start of my journey with this Challenge Group. Can’t believe where 6 months have gone – but glad 14lbs have gone too.
    @chumi – sometimes you’ve just got to feel bad with the junk to remind you why you are doing this and how much better you feel without the junk. Keep on keeping on.

I really hope today is the day that my Dad completes on his new bungalow. It’s been a challenging few weeks with him feeling very despondent with the long delays and threatening to pull out just two days ago. In fact – no wonder I’ve been driven to drink nowadays – LOL!

Have a great Thursday friends – together we are stronger.

Day 20,CD,UK

Day 20 UK FD

BMI back up to 25, but a bit of a stall was inevitable after that quick loss, especially as the last few days have been rather stressful. Hopefully today’s fast will take me back into healthy territory, I think it should be less stressful around here today. I have come up with an elaborate work around that should keep everyone happy. It is more work but I have more energy these days so it should be sustainable. Stress definitely plays a key role in whether weight comes off or not.

After yesterday’s peculiar dark ominous but dry weather the rain is finally here, which is good news for the poor thirsty garden, but not promising in terms of getting outside work done.

Day 20 – πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§- FD

Finally feeling human again – so attempting my first fast of the week! Need to amend the spread sheet as not all went to plan!!

@stevetoontaxidriver – ❀️ cobs!!!

Day 20 – Woking, UK – NFD
    246.6lbs
    Okayish fast day yesterday but a little higher than normal at 650 cals. It looks as though my new bounce up and down range is going to be 245-247lbs. Given the pattern so far I expect about 1.5 weeks of this before I drop again.

Off to the gym again tonight which I’m looking forward too. Since I had my Dexa Bodyscan and discovered I have really high muscle/lean mass (53.3kg) I’ve been working with my personal trainer on a lot more weight training. I hadn’t realised how much more I enjoy these sessions when it’s all about weightlifting and we are reducing the cardio stuff. The aim is to try and hang on to as much muscle as possible whilst losing all the nasty fat that is currently hiding it. I expect to be sore tomorrow!

Well done to those of you hitting your goals. Happy fasting to those that are today and here’s hoping for a successful day for all of us.

Hi Coda, can I join in the challenge! Been AWOL since April, just been a rubbish few months. I lost the 5/2 plot and gained weight. I’ve done beating myself up and now got make a fresh start. For the remainder of July I just want to get back into 5/2 regime any loss will be a bonus. Great to see names from your original challenge in May last year!

Day 20,Wales UK, FD

Day 20 London, NFD

FD yesterday instead of Monday because the kids haven’t been sleeping well and we were both knacketed on Monday! Yesterday went well and today I’m down 5lb in total, 3lb week-on-week. I’m not counting calories on NFDs, just eating what I normally would.

I always remember in the documentary when MM asks if it was usual for people to overcompensate on NFDs for the calories they dropped on FDs, and the Dr running the trial told him that generally people only overcompensate by 125% rather than the 175% they’d need to wipe out the calorie deficit (if that makes sense). So they generally always lose even without counting. I find it works for me anyway!

Day 20 Australia NFD soooo hungryyyyy

@brightonbelle.
    I’m sure people from the Midlands Birmingham call a bread bun a tea cake. I always thought a tea cake was full of currants and sultanas, something you cut in half toasted and smothered in butter and jam if you wanted to go ridiculously over the top. The humble Stottie lol I’ve gained many a pound on my waist due to them. A round flat bread with lots of large air pockets within the bread.
    My personal favorites with that bread is ham and pease pudding or it cut in half and made into a pocket with the full English breakfast stuff inside it. Hope I’m not making people struggle with all this talk of unhealthy food lol.
    Just picked up a Scotsman in full dress off to pick up some Germans to take up into Scotland on a tour of castles and distilleries. We got chatting about the 5:2 diet turned out him and his wife have been doing it for over two years he says it is definitely a way of life for him and I had to agree. We both thought it was a sustainable way of dieting and then maintaining your goal weight. Nearly every customer who gets in my taxi get a lecture on the 5:2 diet, obviously I sing it’s praises at every opportunity anyway enough waffle have a cracking day everybody hope I haven’t made you all too hungry.

2nd post
    Of course if you want really, really unhealthy bread buns what you actually want is a piece of Lardy Cake. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lardy_cake

Much harder to find the authentic article now I don’t live in Wiltshire but that’s probably a good thing for my waistline!

Day 20, Belfast, NFD

It was good to get a FD done yesterday after more than a week off. Got home and did some gentle yoga (been having arm and shoulder issues) so just trying to restore myself. Probably due to all the beer I’ve been drinking…repetitive strain lol!!

@bigviking – wow, congrats! This is my 4th monthly challenge too…I’m down about half a stone in total, but your results are fab. Well done.

@steve toon taxi driver…I love a good Belfast bap! Burnt and crusty on the outside, white, light bread on the inside. Some folks would rip out the inside and stuff them with crisps. Classy stuff lol!! I, too, love my bread. And basically any bakery product πŸ˜‰

@Strawberriesandcream – nice one on abstaining! I’m going to try to keep dry today and tomorrow too…I am expecting tomorrow to be difficult, Friday being the start of the weekend and all that, but I’m thinking of the pennies as well as the (weight) pounds

@hannahwatto – go and get yourself a big glass of water! You’ll be fine!

Good luck today everyone, have a good one.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.