July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 1,996 total)

• Oh man @Stevetoontaxidriver I want a ham and pease pudding stottie now!!

Luckily my Mam is coming down to London next week and should bring both Stotties and pease pudding, because you can’t get either down here!

Day 20……Florida…..FD

I woke up this morning and I feel like a Mac truck ran me over a few thousand times in my sleep. I’m sure, that it was because of the day, I had at work! It seemed like the whole world came into work all at the same time yesterday. I definitely wore the wrong shoes, so my feet were killing me then on top of it. I did my daily walk. So, all I can think is, I was not tired enough to sleep or overly tired.

Good news…. I really wanted something sweet to eat last night but didn’t!

I did want to welcome our new Members and our returning members.

@steve toon…… I’m so glad Imnot the only one who talks about this WOL and it’s substainability. I also talk about my 5:2 family and how you all helped me keep on, keeping on. I’ve done every diet known to man kind and this is the only one that I continued faithfully and has become part of who I am.

I ran into a friend of mine from way back, she’s an Herbalife girl and has made it her life. I haven’t seen her in ages, but she nearly fell out when she saw how much weight I had lost. We talked a bit about what I had done. After we parted ways, I got to laughing because as we discussed the extra benefits of 5:2, you know the healing of our insides, all she said was look puzzled but still said. But is it healthy?
    That was the first time, I actually had that question asked of me.
    Out of every diet out there whether it’s for weight loss or not, I think 5:2 or IF, is the only one I’ve heard of that heals the body within….Am I correct in that thinking?

Okay well…. off I go

Trying to fight the urge to sing!

Day 20 Cheshire UK NFD

A quick update as about to set off for Winchester. Staying there for 2 days before heading to (hopefully sunny)Norway on the cruise. @strawberriesandcream it’s a P&O ship – Azura. I’ve been wanting to go to Winchester since I started reading the Last Kingdom books by Bernard Cornwell. I’ve just polished off the last one in the series so far – there’s 10 of them. Winchester features heavily in the first few books and quite a bit of what’s described is still there in some form. I’d highly recommend the books for our bookworms on here and the tv series are really good as well. Series one is on Netflix.

Not getting involved in the barm cake debate at all!πŸ˜ƒ

Happy 5:2ing the fact you’re reading this post means your committed to it.

Day 20 – USA (Illinois) – FD

Going to do a 800 calorie day today although was still under my maintenance on the scale this morning. We had massive storms (40 mph winds) come through last night, and the power was out for about 3 hours. Just inconvenienced, so I fell asleep about 2130, so was awake early this morning. Ah, summer in Illinois….

I love fat. All kinds. There, I’ve admitted it. That lardy cake would be right down my alley! They say there are good and bad fats, but in my book they are all good. πŸ™‚

@bert1802 – I’m right with you praising the benefits of 5:2 with anyone who sees me. Some have even come along our WOL!

@rocy65- welcome back! Good to see you again. I’m one of @coda ‘s originals from May 2016.

@redrockgirl302 – hope you have a good trip to your cabin!

Onward and downward.

Day 20 London, UK, FD

Day 18 NFD
    Day 19 NFD

Doing well so far this week, apart from Tuesday when I hardly ate all day (because I was on an away-day at work, where they barbequed meat & vegetarian option on same grill, so I only had lettuce & tomato); but then had 2 Magnum ice creams when I got home! Why do I do that? Yesterday I was easily talked into having Chinese take-away! I seem to have no self-control on NFDs.

Day 20 Akron OH FD. My plan yesterday was going pretty well until I gave into temptation and had a little spaghetti at our church dinner last night, then I followed that up with some garlic bread, then another, and another…. You get the picture. Needless to say not happy with myself, but today is another day and I plan to make it awesome. Happy FD and NFD y’all πŸ™‚

Day 20 CD NFD St. Louis USA
    Going to conference today so decided to do control day instead of third fast day. First opportunity to maintain.

@krisnia. We also called evening meal supper and had Sunday dinner. We actually used supper and dinner interchangeably and I wasn’t sure why. I think my dad’s Midwest family used supper and my mom’s California family said dinner. Hadn’t thought of that in years.

All my best to all of you.

Day 20 – USA (Illinois) – FD

Day 20 – USA – NFD

Great fast day yesterday, right under 500 cals. Had something different to change it up: my regular Ole Xtreme Wellness tortilla wrapped around 1 scrambled egg, 1 tsp. pimento jalapeno cheese dollop, sprinkled with (frozen) pepper and onion mix, basil and cilantro leaves, topped with Texas Pete’s Hot sauce, S&P for breakfast…1.5 cups homemade cucumber salad (right from the garden, crunchy!) for a snack and dinner was 1.5 cup sauerkraut w/caraway seeds and 2 oz. kielbasa.

Day 20 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Hoping for a CD day today, friends popped in yesterday evening after supper and that kitchen door did not remain firmly closed – drinks and nibbles just had to be consumed…….😈

A great aerobic class this morning and drinking plenty of water today hoping for a good controlled day today before another FD tomorrow to set me up for a busy social weekend……Weight remaining below maintenance every day this week so far πŸ’ƒ

Busy afternoon so no time to catch up with the posts today – Hope everyone is having a great day!

β€œRivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” Winnie the Pooh

Day 20,USA-NFD
    @Liathenail sounds like you have a good system going with your trainer. It’s helpful to have some info beyond a weightloss scale number to plan around! You are inspiring me to do some weights, which I haven’t been doing lately!

Had a good day yesterday, stuck to a low carb day in the food I ate. It’s tricky to balance the right amount of carbs, proten, and fat, but I’m getting better at it and it’s becoming more intuitive.

Have a good FD and NFD, everyone!

Extra post – well I had two meat and salad sandwiches for my tea because the first one was horrible! Avoided chocolate etc and drank only black tea so think I still made it through by the skin of my teeth! Am struggling a bit with Dry July but have not given in.

Day 20, Mountaintop PA USA, FD

Thankyou @strawberriesandcream, @songbirdme, @at, and @metatauta for the feedback on my new size 10 size. Enjoyed a mini shopping date with my daughter yesterday, who is also on Fast 5:2 since April and got two new bright summer dresses. New clothes is a fun reward for maintenance.

We’ve had heavy early evening showers and the mountain trail for my daily 4 mile hike gets wet and slippery. Just part of my day. FD today is a nice rest before the weekend. My FDs are 700-800 calories and that works for me. A balance of exercise and fasting is my WOL.

2nd post

@saffy420 – haha – what a small world – we flew to Barbados from Newcastle last November and had a marvelous two weeks around the East Caribbean on Azura. We’ve only cruised 3 times but we are completely hooked and can’t wait for our next adventure. I shall be excited for you in the meantime and look forward to hearing all about it. Have a great time x

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Oh boy, we did not go to the cabin because of really bad weather but I thought to be in vacation mode anyway. That meant that I got into my husband’s sweets. I ate a whole bag of quadratini, delicious. It is the sugar I inhaled that is bad. I really think there is barely an escape. Sugar was so precious like Salt, now we just take it down with every bite we eat and drink. So I do think I am addicted. I can refrain for a period of time but then the monster comes back.
    Anyway, my DH just laughed and told me we are doing a staycation. We are hiking to the so called ‘living room’. Without the puppy because of all the rattlesnakes snakes. I have the feeling I am going on an expedition. LOL. Camelback, fruit, sticks for climbing,…I will be ready for Pub food. We have a great Irish bar around the corner. In American, less than a mile.
    I am maintaining at less or more 3 to 5 pounds.

Have a good day all! 😊😊😊😊😊

(this would not post earlier…don’t know why)

Going to do a 800 calorie day today although was still under my maintenance on the scale this morning. We had massive storms (40 mph winds) come through last night, and the power was out for about 3 hours. Just inconvenienced, so I fell asleep about 2130, so was awake early this morning. Ah, summer in Illinois….

I love fat. All kinds. There, I’ve admitted it. That lardy cake would be right down my alley! They say there are good and bad fats, but in my book they are all good. πŸ™‚

@bert1802 – I’m right with you praising the benefits of 5:2 with anyone who sees me. Some have even come along our WOL!

@rocy65- welcome back! Good to see you again. I’m one of @coda ‘s originals from May 2016.

@redrockgirl302 – hope you have a good trip to your cabin!

Onward and downward.

Day 20 – FIN – FD

Ended up finishing yesterday on a low – a bit too much dessert after my pasta dinner. Thus it’s a good time for a fast once again. My choices might not have been that good today either, though. So far I’ve had one medium cup of local ice cream (I tasted watermelon sorbet, salted caramel and dark cookie (Oreo)), and will probably not have much else than an omelet I made from the results of my failed attempt at separating egg whites from yolks for a meringue last night. Needless to say things are not that great on the sweets cravings front.

@strawberriesandcream – I agree – it’s hard to appreciate the good choices without any contrast. At times I do think there could just be slightly less of that contrast, though… Thank you once again for the encouragement! What kind of bungalow is your father building? A summer home of some sort? Sounds like an interesting project (although having lived most of my life on “building sites” I do understand the strain it has on one mentally and physically).

DAY 20 POCKETEERS

@chickensrock
    @big_bill
    @rahul1905
    @fatrabbit
    @tlc2
    @missybear
    @bert1802
    @helenalee
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme
    @steffieagle
    @chumi

(hope I didn’t miss anyone)

Day 20 – McMinnville Oregon USA FD B2B
    I arrived home yesterday and I’m going to try my first ever B2B to rid myself of some of my vacation weight gain.
    I have fond memories of my visit to London and having high tea with my sister. Very yummy and fun.
    I’ve been listening to a BBC story on dementia and how staying active is very important. I need to improve in this area so I’m going to go for a brisk walk this morning.

@anna6 – How stressful to have the little ones sick. I will send you positive thoughts.

3rd post

Hi Chumi, haha – more confusion with english wording. To complete on his bungalow means that my Dad has today signed all the contracts to purchase his new home which is single story and called a bungalow. They are like hens teeth to find nowadays, so to find one just around the corner (2 streets up) from us is marvelous. My Dad is back from the solicitor now and has a completion date – when he picks up the keys from the Estate Agent – of next Wednesday the 26th. So nearly there……. Thanks for your interest. It has indeed been a long drawn out and stressful 6 months with this being the 3rd bunglow my Dad had put an offer on – the first two falling through for various reasons.

Your sweet craving is only temporary I’m sure. Don’t beat yourself up about it and you’ll find yourself moving forward in no time. Focussing on our mistakes can keep us rooted in the very place we don’t want to stay in. All the best x

Day 21/NFD/ Melbourne Australia

Suffering badly from a bout of insomnia. It’s 3am here. I’m having fasting blood tests tomorrow and am struggling to fast overnight! Today will definitely be a non fast day after the tests!

Loving all this talk about bread rolls!

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

2nd post @chumi thank you for adding me to the pocket fasters πŸ™‚

Day 19-NFD
    Day 20-NFD

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat so I’m going to refrain from fasting until it goes away.

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 20 UK CFD

Struggling a bit today so decided to go for 800 calorie controlled day, Have managed this so far and plan to lock the kitchen ( metaphorically!) and eat no more tonight. Weight is now just under 63 Kg … might not make it to 62 Kg for the end of the month but am happy to have dispatched over 1 Kg this month so far.
    Onwards and downwards!

Chicago, Illinois USA
    Day 19 – NFD
    Day 20 – NFD

Day 20, Gozo Malta. Nfd

Awilson and anyone who else who sent me positive thoughts and wishes thank you so much.

Alexander is better but still in hospital.

Good night everyone

Day 20. South coast,uk.

Over slightly today by 100, rough day at work. Not losing the weight but clothes fitting better – just wish those numbers would drop.
    @anna6 – glad there is some improvement.
    Catching up on posts is great inspiration but also makes me realise that it’s okay to struggle with numbers, etc.
    Going for bath then bed so i can keep it at 600. Night all and best of luck

Day 20 FD North Wales

A reasonable fast day. Might have gone slightly over the 500 calories. I am not stressing too much about that though. Managed to avoid wine this evening so I am really pleased about that. Adding myself to the pocket list albeit late

DAY 20 POCKETEERS

@chickensrock
    @big_bill
    @rahul1905
    @fatrabbit
    @tlc2
    @missybear
    @bert1802
    @helenalee
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme
    @steffieagle
    @chumi
    @lisalily82
    @molij

@lmrenfrey
    I love stottie cake but it needs to be used on the day of purchase. Greegs the bakers dropped the ham and peass pudding sandwiches when they went national in the UK, they got a lot of stick off the people of the northeast they had to put it back on sale in our region it even made the local news. People power anything is possible.
    @bert1802.
    I’ve had a few people question if I’m sane when explaining the diet. Everything I’ve read has been positive especially the fasting side of things.
    @belfastsink.
    Belfast bap lol sounds like a Glasgow hand shake.
    @liathanail.
    Lardy cake mmmmmmmm my kind of food last year 😭.
    Did anyone see the supplement in the Sun on Sunday? Revised 5/2 diet 800 calories for men and women on the two fasting days, but you must complete 14 hours fast on no calorie liquids I think I read.
    Enjoyed reading everyone’s posts as always.

Hello all day 20 fd Co Down NI

Not caught up on all the posts yet but getting there, 2 Pages to go.

Nice to see a few members back that were MIA. That is what this challenge is all about – not giving up.

Anna6 glad to hear your Grandson is feeling better – children are very resilient and once on the mend make fast recoveries. You will all be feeling relieved to see them all better and making mischief again.

Feeling grateful to all who continue to give support – sometimes it feels like you are talking directly to me. I have been having a bit of a hard time as the sugar dragon woke up and I just kept on feeding it, then wondered what I was doing, wondered should I (shudder) give up as the scales were going up and up and yet I seem powerless and weak. I questioned me being here etc etc. Probably sounds familiar but I then remembered I had some multivitamins and mineral in my drawer at work. Not sure if it was the placebo effect but I was able to say no to the dragon or if I really was lacking in something?? Had only water, 1 tea and 1 coffee (I set a timer on my computer to remind me to drink). Ha ha I named it Water timer funny enough lol. Big son was fishing today and brought home some mackerel which I had with a small salad, not sure of the total calorie count but no sugar or snacking is a result. Planning another fast day tomorrow and maybe most of Saturday as we are flying to England for 4 days for an Evening Wedding reception and catching up with number 3 son. @liathanail heading to your part of the country, Woking so if there is anything you can suggest is a must see please share.

Calling it a night now and going to bed and making a conscious effort not to look at my phone again as I didn’t sleep very well last night. So will say goodnight but before I go, as a child we had Breakfast, lunch, dinner with supper being a biscuit and drink (unless you were naughty and sent to bed without supper). This was during weekdays but on Saturdays we had breakfast, lunch and Saturday tea with Sunday being breakfast, Sunday dinner and a light tea in the evening. Afternoon tea has seen somewhat of a revival with lots of hotels serving dainty sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and small pastries/tray bakes with of course a pot of tea or coffee all served on china plates and cups. It was what posh people had lol. A few Christmas’s ago we treated all the boys and any girlfriends to afternoon tea at Titanic Belfast as part of Christmas presents. So we had afternoon tea near the replica staircase while a band played – it was lovely!

Day 20, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Still maintaining, spent the day (a very hot day) out with friends – ate ( A LOT) at Pizza Hut, went to a volunteer committee meeting and then toured some consignment shops, antique stores, etc. Had a great time.

So great, I am going to do the same with the same group tomorrow !
    Except we will probably eat a Wendy’s which is much more controlled.

Gotta hit the gym.

My best to each of you.

Day 21 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 83.7kg

Hmmmm a spike up in weight, but the fat seems soft and still lacking structure.

@coda – I think I trained my sugar dragon to be happy with just whole fruit. These days I’m even avoid deserts with ease. (Not sure if I’ll keep that up.) However, now I think I would have a hard time cutting out the fruit. Yesterday I had 8 servings of fruit. Probably a bit extreme. (2 big bananas, 2 small apples, a large plum, watermelon, 1/4 cup raisins, 6 prunes and a large fig.) The dried fruit was used as my sweeteners. I do also have a small amount of dark chocolate most days, but it is more bitter than sweet. While there was probably some more sugar sneaking is some other places … that is really the bulk of it.

These days most of my sugar comes from fruit. It is a trade-off, at least with fruit I’m getting some nutrition, fiber and taste. However, my weight is up a few kilos and I can’t be sure it is all just muscle. I do have a concern that I’ve added some visceral fat, which is really the worse kind to have. My slimmer clothes are still fitting but I’m not yet able to easily fit into the size pants I wore when I entered college. (It is wearable, but snug.) So I’m walking a bit of a fine line with the amount of fruit I’m eating. I suspect most of the fructose is pushed into my gut and ends up causing gas.

For me, there is always a price to pay with sugar, fat, farts or both.

@anna6 – hope things are going better for you and yours.

2nd post
    Can anyone post a link to Sunday’s article on the 5:2 diet. I haven’t been able to find it on line. Thanks

3rd post
    @coda – Welcome to Woking – tourist haven πŸ˜€. Actually there isn’t that much to see here. It’s main claim to fame is that H.G.Wells lived here and War of the Worlds is set here. If you remember the book the martians first land in the sandpits at Horsell Common which is about a mile north of the town centre. It’s a nice place for walks, mainly woodland and wetlands.

As that’s about the only significant thing it does labour the point a bit. There are pubs called the H.G.Wells and The Ogilvy (who was the astronomer in the books). The War of the Worlds statues of the Martian Tripod walker and the capsule embedded in the pavement are quite cool though – http://scifi.uk.com/2005/09/19/war-of-the-worlds-and-woking-horsell-common/ although a lot of people are confused by the things embedded in the pavement. They are supposed to be the bacteria that killed the Martians.

If you are into cars and aeroplanes then the Brooklands Museum is good. https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com They have the first ever production Concorde there among other things. Woking is also the home of the McLaren formula 1 team but unfortunately they don’t do public tours at the McLaren Technology Centre. You can expect to see the odd test new road car zipping about the place though.

There are also some good pubs that do great food. I’d recommend:
    http://www.baronspubs.com/cricketers/
    http://redlionhorsell.co.uk

Whereabouts are you staying?

Day 20 – SW WA USA – NFD

Visiting Eastern Washington family. Maybe will catch up with posts later.

So enjoyed the concert in the park in Spokane with my son & friends last night.

Day 20 NFD
    Day 21 NFD

Yesterday must have been a day for bread with all the talk of bread rolls (never heard of bread buns, buns for us are sweet maybe with icing, boston bun anyone??) Anyway I have been thinking about sourdough for a couple of weeks now, so bought a nice fresh crusty loaf and after dinner (grilled fish coleslaw & chips) I had a slice (or three!) of sourdough butter and lime marmalade…oooh so good. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Now back to healthy lower carb food. Should have a FD on Sunday, I don’t really like to go more than 3 days without a FD anymore. Could not have even imagined saying that 12 months ago, I could barely get through a morning, it’s amazing how far we have all come.

Drink lots today fasters and non fasters.

Day 20 Massachusetts USA NFD I enjoyed a yoga class this morning and some wonderful foods today. My main meal was mid-day with a light breakfast and dinner. I had a couple of bites of carrot cake and a scoop of Halo ice cream with my tea. Ready for a FD tomorrow. We bought shrimp and broccoli. My hubby is so supportive, although he thinks I’m fine as I am now. We’re going to Sicily mid-September for a month so I’d like to be below my goal by then! So proud of everyone- your candor, your persistence, and your support.

Day 21,India, FD
    Had a great FD yesterday, another FD today.

2nd post

I tried a workout that was much harder than I normally do while fasting. Just to see how it will workout.

– HIIT running, while I was kind of surprised I could do it, I’m feeling it a bit in the legs.
    – Small amount of pullups … I’m not real big on tearing down muscles too much while fasting. However I really wanted to see how my elbows are doing.
    – 15 to 20 minutes of jogging back …

~440 calories Mid level workout.

The fasting seems to have helped with preserving conditioning because I really didn’t have any trouble when I was running. I expected more problems.

My major concern is what the impact will be on my fast as I still have 18 hours to go.

Day 21, Newcastle UK, CNFD

Managed a good controlled NFD yesterday – certainly didn’t go over TDEE – and no alcohol passed my lips.

A very quick hello from me today as I’ve got a very busy day visiting several friends involving around a 100 mile round trip. The third friend has had the devastating news just two days ago that she has been diagnosed with cancer, so my contacting her at the beginning of the week to arrange a visit was serendipitous. She supported me through my cancer 15 years ago and I shall certainly do my utmost to do the same for her.

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s posts – the banter, the ups the downs, the care and support and great friendship. It is my daily lifeline – thank you.

It’s the start of another weekend – let’s make it a good one – and for me it will definitely be alcohol free. Together we are stronger.

Day 21 UK FD 🌈

Bring it on! 🀘🏻

Day 21 pocket list starting

@rahul1905
    @lynzm
    @dykask

Day 21 Newcastle UK FD.
    Day 21 pocket list.
    @rahul1905
    @lynzm
    @dykask
    @Stevetoontaxidriver.
    I’ll see if I can find it on the suns website @onahealthyhigh. It was a supplement in the Sunday paper

Day 21, Northumberland UK, NFD

Sunderland airshow this evening so fish and chips by the coast for tea which means no chance of a fast day.

@steve-toon-taxi we have friends down south who still complain every time they go into their local Greggs that they can’t get a corned beef pastie….. apparently that item is another that’s too good to leave the North πŸ˜‰

@lmrenfrey.
    The head office for Greggs is in Benton now. I get quite a few of their executives in my taxi, I’m always complaining about the missing food like the corned beef pasty ham and pease pudding sandwich they got rid of the custard slice and brought in something called the Bavarian slice lol I think our northern pallets are a bit crude for our more refined southern cousins πŸ€£πŸ˜„πŸ˜†.
    onahealthyhigh.
    Can’t find that supplement online. I’ll get it back off my Daughter and post the basics of it at some point.

I’m an expatriate Monkey Hanger living on the border with Wales in Lardy cake territory. The only way I can get pease pudding is to make my own. There is a Greggs near us, but the custard slices are very different and now I know why. Fortunately there isn’t much difference between a Welsh Cake and a Singing Hinny. Haven’t seen a carlin in years.

Day 21, CD, UK
    All fine and dandy here in Notts… Sun is shining, I’ve had my morning coffee and a croissant, and now I’m looking forward to the weekend.

Let’s do this…

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.