If your clothes are looser but the scales are the same, read on

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
If your clothes are looser but the scales are the same, read on

This topic contains 3,750 replies, has 216 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 3,800 total)

• It’s great to hear how other people are getting on, losing weight and exercising. Weigh day today- 3ibs. Yay! Now I am confident I can get to my end of November target. I think this is the answer, Timeforchange, to having a long way to go.I have another 70ish pounds to go, but I will try to see it in chunks. And we definitely deserve a reward for each chunk, as Annette says. For my reward I am going to buy something nice to wear over Christmas. I am not going to buy lots of clothes, as I won’t get to wear them for very long at this rate!
    Wow Symba, I am impressed that you have Christmas all worked out. Be prepared! I think I will fast in between Christmas and New Year, it will be a good antidote to inevitable over indulgence. Last year I did some partial fasts like this, and at that point I’d never even heard of 5.2. It just felt like the natural thing to do. This year I will be much wiser and better equipped.
    Keep up the fantastic work, everyone. And let’s hope we are getting all the rain now so that we can have a bright and crisp December.xx

Aphrodite WOW! Amazing 3 lbs lost, well done!Make sure that you congratulate yourself on each and every lb that you have lost and don’t forget the inches too. I actually found that as I was losing weight and inches it was such a joy to find that clothes that I was sick of the sight of became too big and looked ridiculous. I then had the fun of finding smaller clothes.

I have become a charity shop convert.I have clothes that are a little tight but will fit in a few weeks and those that are too big and will be re-donated again.I just love wearing things that are not in the shops, that are a fraction of the price and are often of fabulous quality.

Charity shops have a dressy section with lots of sparkly tops etc at this time of year. Might be worth a peek.What ever you buy for Christmas is not going to fit you next year, so don’t spend much.

I spent the summer buying clothes in the sales and then returning them 3 weeks later when they were too big(but within the return option). It taught me not to spend more than I had to as I was losing weight and changing shape, because you cannot predict where the shrinkage is going to happen.
    The exception to that rule has been underwear!

I am planning to fast on the 23rd and 26th December.But will be flexible and see how it goes, I might have the week off.

Awwwww thanks Annette. That’s really good advice. You are so right about not being able to predict where you will shrink! I think my belly has finally shrunk a little bit. How I wish you could target the weight loss. From reading other posts, and from my own experience long ago, the belly is often the last to go. I just hate mine so much, it is so ugly and hangs down like an apron. Has anybody found any good underwear for this , available in the UK?
    I do try not to focus on it too much, and to focus on the success, otherwise it could really get me down.
    Last night I wore a lovely skirt that has been hanging in my wardrobe for years. I got loads of compliments and it felt so good!

And you are right, Annette. There is something cathartic about getting rid of those baggy clothes that once looked passable but now look ridiculous!

I first noticed that there was a waist emerging and that the muffin top was shrinking. It took ages for me to notice that the back fat was slipping away and only noticed that through clothes that no-longer had the squidgy bits in rolls.

My tummy is now so much better since I have lost weight and started to exercise. I always thought that i was a candidate for a tummy tuck, but no any more.If you can, go swimming.Great for all over toning and no stress on the joints either. Increase your walking, get a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps a day.These will all help to gain a waist, loss weight and tone. Of course, as you gain more muscle, you burn more calories even when you are sitting still. Win win.

Lovely to hear about the compliments on the skirt.

Off for a quick run in the sun.

Good ideas. I do hour long brisk walks with the dogs 3 or 4 times a week and have noticed how much faster I can now walk. Also, the wonderful feeling of my legs seeming to WANT to propel me along instead of protesting at every step! I enjoy swimming when I do it, I must find a way of fitting that in for the all over toning you mention Annette.
    well, will take a leaf out of your book and get out with the dogs while the sun is shining.
    Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. X

Aphrodite, 3lbs – great! I love your name – goddess! I’m the same with walking now. I allow a certain amount of time for my journey and now get there far too early. I really enjoy my walks and hope the weather stays decent enough to continue. It’s so good for the head. Good to hear about the physical changes Annette, well done, we need different kinds of ways to see our progress, especially if the scale isn’t playing ball :)Was out for lunch today for my sister’s birthday. Had a really good laugh, really perked me up. The menu included a few choices at 500 cals so took advantage of a lovely cajun chicken and salad. Nobody else was having alcohol so I didn’t bother either. Total 500 cals and an enjoyable 3 hours catching up and having a really good giggle. Fab! Off to get settled for Strictly and X Factor. Wishing everyone a good week.x

Nice work on the 3 hours of fun with 500cals Time4Change!
    Really exciting to be reading about people getting faster (hehe). I love exercise (well love/hate it!) and am always super excited to read about other people´s improvements.
    Annette it must feel amazing to no longer consider yourself a tummy tuck candidate – and you did it all yourself!

Annette I finally got to my first weigh in this morning. 2.6 kg (5.7lbs) in four weeks so I will aim to carry on with a goal of 500gm every week until the 14th when I go on holiday and won´t have scales with me. Another 2.5kgs would have me feeling pretty good, although more would be better of course ;p

Happy fasting everyone!
    Cxx

Aphrodite Great to hear about the improvement in your speed, but how about walking those dogs 7 days a week?

Time4change Well done on on good choices and having fun.

Iwant2Bincontrol Well done on the weight loss.

I have no doubt that running has really helped my body tone up and my tummy flatten too. Not bad for someone who couldn’t run 200 yards 18 months ago!

Lets be proud of what we have achieved so far and give ourselves a pat on the back(rather than looking at where we want to be).

@annette52

“I have no doubt that running has really helped my body tone up and my tummy flatten too. Not bad for someone who couldn’t run 200 yards 18 months ago!”

Glad that are succeeding.

What’s your strategy?

annette52,
    What 10k is it you’re running in? Boscombe maybe? Are you looking for sponsorship for charidee?

The good news about only fasting one day in a stressy week is that one of my new pairs of jeans fits me a bit better 🙂 My clothes must be 5lbs larger than my usual plateau weight. Hopefully by the end of the week they will be like my other trousers and not be gravity immune.

Just set my computer up to be used on treadmill – walking and typing right now.
    Not as easy as I thought that it would be. 2mph is about as fast as I can go, before rolling gait makes typing too tricky. Gaming even more difficult.
    Found out that treadmill stops at 90 minutes – good to remind me to have a glass of water.
    Not fast, but more steps than sitting.

Looks like people are really thinking about the xmas minefield.
    About 4 of the last 6 xmas’ I’ve had xmas dinner in an Indian restaurant.
    The good things are that you have to walk off the dinner to get home – driving and missing out on beer/wine not an option; there are no leftovers to snack on until new years day.
    The bad things – expensive and there are no leftovers to snack on until new years day.

Keep going!

Hi rockyromero,
    My strategy was really very simple. I followed a couch potato to 5K running plan and then joined a very small group of ladies who ran together one evening a week.

When my son decided to join me in my quest to run a Half Marathon, we followed a training plan, not very well due to illness, twisted ankle and snow. we staggered round in March(me moaning loads and walking lots too).

Fast forward to September and we followed a training plan and ran it all and managed to shave 20 mins off our time.We have 4 10K races(one a month) lined up over the winter to make sure we train and then have another bash at the same March Half and hopefully impove our time again.

My great aim is to run a Half in under 2 hours, so I would be extatic with 1.59.59!

@annette52

“My great aim is to run a Half in under 2 hours, so I would be extatic with 1.59.59!”

It’s a great target to shoot for and you seem to have a supportive family.

Let us know how you progress?

thanks Timeforchange. My goddess name is rather tongue in cheek! Annette you are a hard task master! Don’t worry, the dogs do get walked every day, but not always by me due to long working hours etc.your story is inspirational, though. It just shows what can be accomplished. I never was a runner, but who knows where all this will lead?
    Snedger , I laughed at your post about Christmas left overs! Oh, the torture!
    well that’s Monday fast over. Feeling tired, early to bed. Have a good week everyone!

Hello All,
    Aphrodite Sorry, it was rather bossy.Completely understandable if you work long hours though.When I think of all the years that I avoided PE of any kind at school….anything really is possible.

Snedger loved your post. Very entertaining.Three of the 10K’s are near Bath and the final one is at Longleat(not in the animal park!).

Just bought a Christmas cake and a small Christmas Pudding(both half price). I love them both but though that if I buy the smaller pud then the damage will all be done on one day and I can’t then repeat it the day after.I have also been thinking that it might be better to buy a couple of packets of mince pies rather than make loads and perhaps take the same approach with sausage rolls.

I am not going to deprive myself of any food or drink, but just want to limit how much there will be in the house and balance that with 4 young men who will want everything and loads of leftovers. Tis a minefield!

Hi y’all, I’m still alive and kicking. I have so enjoyed reading everyone updating how things are going.

I had a few days of getting on the scales too often. gained a lb a day!!! eeek!! I decided to check my calorie count on a non-fast day. was eating less that 1000 cal. and getting a little carried away with the “diet” part. so started eating a bit more, and lost 2.4 lbs last week. I’m a happy camper! my daughter says” Mom, you know you can get crazy with dieting, this way of eating is to help you NOT do that”. LOL.

so, if I count the lbs I lost by just trying out the fast idea the week before I “officially” started 5:2 (I wanted to see if I could do it) I have lost 17.8 lbs since the end of August! what’s not to like about that?? LOL.I didn’t do quite enough measuring this week to post those, but will do so next week.

my goal for Christmas is to get below 140 lbs and into those size 10 jeans I was ready to give away. sorry for the LONG post, just wanted to say Hi and catch you all up on how much I LOVE this WOE. hugs to all

Hi MountainMyst

I was wondering how you were….and getting a bit worried too. So thanks for letting us know how you are. Well done on eating the right amount of calories and losing weight too.

That is an amazing weight loss. You must be thrilled.

I completely agree. What’s not to love about this way of life?

Hi MountainMyst, Annette52 and everyone

Well done on all your weight loss and fitness achievements. It is lovely to hear that so many people are not only losing weight but are enjoying exercise more – swimming, running half marathons etc – or just walking faster after the dog!!

Was interested to hear that MountainMyst didnt lose weight when eating a very restricted diet on non-fast days – 1,000 calories.

I’ve actually put on a couple of pounds this week which came as a bit of a shock because Ive made such good progress up to this point. I’ve been doing my usual exercise regime and my two fast days and have restricted my ‘free’ days to eating about 1350 – 1450 calories, just by choosing food carefully and not by going hungry at all.

I thought this would be a good way to lose weight steadily without resorting to the 4:3 regime which I’d find more difficult to do. But now Im wondering if it makes any difference what you do on ‘free’ days as long as you keep below your limit of 1800 calories or whatever?

Be interested to know how much you find your weight fluctuates week to week? I’m told that women can have up to 5lbs variation in their weight over a month depending on water retention, hormones etc, but dont know if that statement is based on any research. I’ve never owned scales before – so perhaps I should hide them away for a while! Havent dared get the tape-measure out this week yet!

Today I varied my fast day by not eating anything until 6.30pm – apart from a dash of milk in my tea as I cant quite break that habit. I’ve been finding that if I eat lunch, even a late one, I get hungry again by 4-5pm. But by not eating at all earlier on, I didn’t have the same problem today! I know other people have had similiar experiences. It seems strange that eating makes you hungrier but that appears to be true on fast days!

Just in from an evening dancing at Ceroc.Tonight we had a go at Mambo and Cha cha cha……..with mixed success!

It seems to be well documented that if you severely limit the calorie intake then your body will try desperately to cling onto the calories that it is getting, and so there will be a weight gain or simply no loss.

reluctant multitasker I am rather confused. What is your TDEE for your current weight? How many calories are you actually consuming?Why would you need to attempt 4:3 anyway? get the tape measure out, we need to know if there is a difference.

On a fast day I simply miss breakfast after my morning cuppa(with milk and sugar) and then walk 45 mins to work. Nothing else until 12 noon when lunch is provided at work, so I guess how many calories is in whatever I choose and then consume the rest in the evening, after my walk home.I don’t count calories on a non fast day, have a pud if I want one and never ever feel guilty about it either.

Hello everyone,
    I agree Mountainmyst, it seems odd that eating earlier in the day actually makes you more hungry later. I prefer to save all my calories till 6.30 ish apart from maybe one cup of tea or , rarely, a miso soup at lunch. I do get a bit wobbly between 4 and 5pm but knowing it’s just one day at a time gives me the motivation to just get through it.
    It seems a similar oddity that severely restricting calories hinders weight loss. Like Annette, I don’t count calories on nonfast days and have treats . I am sure I am eating less though, as I seem to get fuller more quickly and am satisfied with less. I have a lot more weight to lose, and I guess in time I may have to be a lot more careful, but for now I think it’s fab that I can lose weight and still enjoy eating what I want most of the time.
    Annette -an evening of dance- sounds wonderful. I, on the other hand, have been tied to my laptop doing school stuff. ( cue the violins) I know who will have burned more calories! I have always wanted to try Ceroc. When I have lost a bit more weight I will seek out a class, or maybe even go back to my Egyptian dance classes.

I’m impressed Annette – dancing as well as running! But sounds a lot of fun!

I didnt think I was severely limiting my calories – but maybe I am! My TDEE for my current weight is 1852. Ive probably eaten more than that a couple of days since I started the 5:2 but generally have been eating between 1300-1600 calories on my non-fast days – including the occasional pudding or biscuit. The weight has been coming off steadily until the fortnight when I plateaued and then went up a couple of pounds.

But it sounds as if I need to be far more patient and to chill out a bit more on my non-fast days! You have achieved wonderful results and your approach sounds a lot more relaxed and sustainable than mine of late!

I’ll have a go with the old tape measure in the next couple of days and let you know if there’s been any progress! And I’ll eat try eating a bit more on my non-fast days and see if that helps! That wont be too hard as the season of mince pies approaches…

This could be a festive version of the 5:2 way of life… Non fast days = five mince pies and fast days = 2 mince pies. Wonder if it will catch on??

Malevolent mince pies! Two pack of six for £2 offer at supermarket till – just managed to resist!
    Walking at 2mph trying to keep upper body still at treadmill desk is stupidly tiring. My legs and glutes are really aching, even though I only walked about 7 miles yesterday. Oh no, does that mean working different muscles means yet another shape shift?

Hello Everyone,
    If you never tried Ceroc,give it a whirl. Great fun and lots of exercise. It’s a cross between salsa, tango, jive and ballroom. No tricky footwork and very friendly.It all starts with a lesson and everyone takes part.

Snedger you are trimming your legs, thighs and bottom. Well done.
    The malevolent mince pies are very tricky to resist. If they made it into my shopping bag, they wouldn’t last very long!I am avoiding the Christmas aisle.

reluctant multitasker The whole point of the 5:2 is to eat up to your TDEE on non fast days and then reduce down to 500 calories on a fast day.I am rather relaxed about the whole thing partly because I have been doing this since January and partly because in order to be sustainable, this way of life has to be possible to maintain without misery and guilt.I love baking cakes and bread….and eating them too.I love puddings and this week have consumed Treacle Tart and custard, and sticky toffee pudding and custard.
    But I also know that I am eating smaller portions and taking more exercise than I was.Every time that I look in the mirror or try on new clothes I have the evidence that this works.I am thrilled to lose 1 lb a week, change my relationship with food and enjoy eating without guilt.I know that this is something that I can keep up. BUT I also believe that a slow and steady loss is important, for the mind and the body to keep up with each other.
    I am the fittest and slimmest that I have been for 20 years.What is not too like?

Hi Annette and all

Yes,Im sure I’ll get the hang of this 5:2 WOL when Ive been doing it for a few months..

Having been quite disciplined and virtuous lately on fast and non-fast days, I may have overdone my state of food relaxation today as I’ve somehow managed to eat a wholemeal scone, a small slice of cheesecake and a chocolate fairy cake..on top of a fair few carbs so consequently am rather over my TDEE!!! No pangs of guilt or anything like that, but I do feel somewhat over-full so with any luck I’ll learn a bit of moderation and balance! Back to a fast day tomorrow anyhow..

I’m sure that when you see your weight coming off – and your shape changing and your fitness improving – that you find it easier to relax about the whole process and to find a way of doing the 5:2 routine that works well for you, without having to give it too much thought..

Did my measurements this morning and although I havent noticed my clothes getting looser, I have lost half an inch off waist and hips etc, despite the weight fluctuating for a couple of weeks, so that was cheering!! I look forward to the day when my clothes get too baggy, as you have experienced and described so well, Annette..

The 5:2 seems a very sensible and sustainable way of helping with weight, fitness and general health. And you still get to eat treacle tart – one of the pleasures of life!! So hurrah for that!

Hi annette52 and reluctant multi-tasker.
    How refreshing it is to read your relaxed take on this style of eating.
    Once I nutted through the sticky bits to start with I settled into a happy slow loss with lots of guilt free indulgence on the side.
    I am still losing and still indulging.
    Though the routine is remoulding my behaviours, it is doing so gently and therefore, permanently. Bliss.
    Just wanted to thank you for your positive vibes.
    Cheers!

All those in favour – say aye!

I have to tell y’all, I have not had a very good week. HOWEVER, reading everyone’s posts has kept me motivated!! After messing up my back last week, I missed an entire week at the gym. I love the gym & never miss, but I could barely move so not many calories were being burned just from daily activity!! Ugh. But yesterday & today I was back at it…not at 100% but at least I’m moving!!

Being immobile AND hormonal is not a good combination. I’ve consumed too much Halloween candy (shhh, don’t tell my kids) & I’m afraid I’m no longer 9 pounds from my goal weight. I also had to switch my normal fasting days so my normal Friday weigh in day may not be pleasant. But that’s ok. Just a minor bump in the road!!

MountainMyst, glad to hear from you. Was wondering how you were doing!!

Annette52, I’ve got to find Ceroc around here! Love to dance (former tap dancer) so it sounds like something I’d love!!

Mostly. I don’t post, because everyone has already said what I was going to, so no need. Freefalling, am also a big fan of doing it slow and restructuring how it goes. Annette saved me when I was feeling snarky, I lost 5.5 lbs in the first 2 weeks, which I knew as mostly water, cause of skintone. this part deleted. Anyway, got through it with a lot of zigzagging, ups and downs, etc. bottom line is I lost 10lbs, which is not the amazing part. I also took my measurements- it was a dirty job, but someone had to do it. I have lost 6″ off my waist, and almost nothing above and below. I was not a marshmallow on sticks, but my waist had exploded. Last on, first off? Or could this be about inflammation?

and when I say it wasn’t the amazing part- it totally was.

reluctant multitasker a life without treacle tart….isn’t a life that I want.Well done on the slimmer waist and thighs, it feels rather wonderful doesn’t it?
    Freefalling Thank you for the lovely comments. I think that by changing behaviour slowly, is the way forward for success too.
    mommabear Sorry to hear about your back, but keep to it. There is no prize for losing weight by a set date.The idea of a traget weight was just to give us something to aim for, NOT a stick to beat you with.Make sure that you measure too.
    Aphrodite How are you getting on?Still chained to the laptop?
    piper WOW! Fantastic weight loss and amazing inches from your waist.Perhaps you have lost internal fat around your waist, but you might never know so be VERY VERY Proud of those 6 inches.Your clothes must be sliding off you!

I have not been able to split my fast days this week and have just done them consecutively.I will not ever do it again though, much too hard for me. It has not gone well,lots of chocolate and cakes at work, so to stay the same this week would be rather wonderful.Perhaps I am too relaxed about this????????

Wow annette52 – that sounds like a tough thing to do! Fasting two consecutive days must to difficult – especially if you are in a place where there is food around – chocolate and cake in particular!! One of the joys of 5:2 is that it is a bit challenging but not TOO challenging – so you dont have to dread fast days.. at least not unless you are doing two of them on the trot!

But no – I dont think you are too relaxed! You’ve just got the confidence of knowing that you’ve achieved so much already with the 5:2 – and consequently you are able to give others of us on the forum some very welcome reassurance and encouragement!

Thanks to freefalling, piper, mommabear, aphrodite and snedger – and all. Good to hear of your experiences and that slow and steady progress is probably the best way forward! Hearing about the odd set-back here and there makes us realise we aren’t the only ones struggling with life, temptation and scales that dont always give us what we want!

I’ve found my fast days a bit easier this week . I havent eaten at all until supper, around 6.30pm. Ive actually found that easier than when I used to eat a bowl of soup at lunch and find myself hungry again by 4pm! Seems counter-intuitive but it works for me!

A close relative had borrowed my 5:2 books today and is going to watch the Horizon programme. I really hope that as a result she’ll give 5:2 a go. With many of you losing so much weight, have you found that friends and relatives are following your example? Or do people get a bit threatened by the slimmer you??

I don’t know that I could wait until the evening to eat, but I also know that lots of people wait until then and find it easier. When I am at work, we all have a meal provided and lunch is a social time. I really don’t want to miss that.

Work colleagues were impressed and also made a start on the 5:2 but have not kept it up, not sure why.I have one friend who has mourned the loss of her waist and told me repeatedly that this is how it will be for us(we are the same age) and that there is no hope now that we are 52 and probably menopausal.

I never mentioned to anyone that I was doing the 5:2 because I really couldn’t see that it would work or that I could actually do it.It was my very slim friend who first mentioned my weight loss.

My friend who is very overweight and suffers with bad knees has not started the 5:2 or the menopausal one either.I explained it to them both when they asked about it, but I have not mentioned it since and I don’t intend to either.

Losing weight is such a complex issue, usually full of disappointment that I can understand the reluctance to try the 5:2 and see the difference.I am letting the results speak for themselves.I do think folk are very annoyed when they see me eat cake or treacle tart without a second thought, while they plough through yet another salad.

I hope that I don’t threaten anyone by my slimmer self, but I suppose that is inevitable. It shows that this way of life works and may be possible for others to change too. The bigger question is “do you want to put the effort in, to lose weight and inches too?”

I got on the scales this morning (Thursday) and there was a 9.5lb drop since Monday.
    That’s the good thing about a weak week – the bad pounds fall off really easy when diligent fasting is engaged.
    I’ve had an amazing meal today – pulled pork cooked in a slow cooker all day, after marinading for 36 hours – lovely crusty bread. Washed down with warmed mulled cider. Followed by strawberry and lychee gateau (not home made – there was a great big poster outside the supermarket advertising the gateau – I headed straight to the frozens aisle).
    However, am back on the treadmill, as I tried out a walking technique for keeping my upper body more still, for easier keyboard/mouse use – kind of like a tight rope walker – maybe too stealthy – my Fitbit recorded no steps for those 2 hours!!! Am proper putting my foot down now.
    Supposed to be meeting some people Friday lunchtime – so may have to cancel fast 🙁 I do zero calorie fasting and once I’ve eaten a little on a fast day, then I get on with catching up.

Hahaha! Snedger, you could write a whole comedy routine around your treadmill techniques!
    9.5ilbs- is that a typo? Absolutely amazing .
    Isn’t this thread reassuring? It’s ok to have mess ups , we are human and this is the rest of our lives we are talking about – not a boot camp.
    After finishing marking at about 10.30 tonight I was tempted to break my fast day for the first time. I distracted myself by trying on clothes and I still can’t get over it- I can get into clothes that have been hanging there for YEaRS. It is so amazing and surprising…..So, I am now in bed, hungry, but resolve restored. I CAN DO THIS!
    Goodnight my Fast Friends.

Hi Everybody,

Hubby and I have got the 1 lb off each today, so 3 lb to go. Some great losses on here but we seem to plod at the 1 lb a week. So jealous of the 9.5 drop Snedger very well done. We had a few of biscuits when out this week and a lovely vanilla slice not had this for a long time I did feel a bit guilty, hubby didn’t! We are still faithfully going twice a week to the swimming baths.

I think we must try and get some walking in, as it seems to have fallen by the wayside, as Annnette said keeping to the same routine on the excerise front the body starts getting used to what you are doing.

I am really struggling on the clothes, going out Wednesday, I was trying all sorts on, to go out for the day tidy. Just wanted a change from jeans. I did find some rather large trousers which wasn’t too bad. Thursday out came the sewing machine, I now have three pairs of trousers that fit!

I forgot to tell you of the compliment I got in Dubai at my daughters..the children’s nanny joined me with the children at the swimming pool, she said….Madame you are really skinny, very skinny, you look soooo much younger….it made me feel good but I don’t think I’m that “skinny” but it was nice.

Well I have just been told we are walking later so I think it will be getting wrapped up warm, it looks cold out.

Good luck everybody

Aphrodite,

Ps I like “my Fast Friends” it sounds really nice.

Fast Friends – I like it Aphrodite 🙂 Have not been on the forum much this week. Been struggling a bit with eating, low mood and not going to gym or for my usual good walks around my fair city. However it’s great to be back on and to get re-energised and motivated by these great posts. Thanks all.:)It’s my 54th birthday today and I’m spending the evening with my 2 gorgeous sons, having a nice Chinese meal. Plan to get things in order over the weekend, get out for a walk and start back with my usual Monday fast. Might do 4:3 for the 1st week. It’s worked before when I’ve gone off-piste so to speak. Don’t think I’ll weigh in this week Annette but will post the next Saturday (23rd)Hope everyone has a good weekend.Success all.

Happy Birthday Time4change, have a lovely meal with your sons.
    Good Luck at getting back on track again.

Have a great night.

Time4change – happy birthday!
    Goodness me I’d enjoy some Chinese food at the minute.

Didn’t bust my fast day after all. I did have to turn a menu over to it’s blank side when I was in a cafe.

Time4change- Many Happy Returns of the Day! Hope you had a great evening with yummy food. We’ll be waiting to hear from you next week when you are back with the program! X

Good Lord Snedger, that is an amazing weight loss!
    Aphrodite. Wonderful to hear about the clothes. I like fast friends too.
    symba7 well done and lovely to hear the compliments.
    Time4change Belated Happy Birthday.Get back on track next week after a lovely birthday weekend.

I am 2 lb up(the same measurements)….blessed cakes/chocolates.Thank goodness that I am doing a 10K run tomorrow(not that I want to do it, but need the exercise clearly!)

I always struggle with this time of year too.

This time last year I was a rather podgy sugar plum fairy(staff panto)21 lb heavier than I am now, loads of my clothes have gone to charity and I can zip up a linen shift dress that I couldn’t when I bought it(cost £6 in Oxfam)about a month ago. I can’t sit down or breathe in it, but the zip is now up all the way!
    Six weeks left and now 7lb to go.

Hi Annette. Lovely image of the sugar plum fairy! Heehee. This year you could be Tinkerbell.
    Congrats on the Linen dress- won’t be long before you can do Ceroc in it.
    Just a thought on your next six weeks- and I know you enjoy a very sensible and relaxed approach- but have you ever tried 16.8 for your non-fast days?
    Have a great Saturday Fast Friends! X

So relaxed that I have just had a piece of ginger cake!

What is 16.8?I have no idea what that means. Please enlighten me Fast Friend.

hello my fast friends(love that!!) a late happy birthday time4change!!

just found a pair of size 10 trousers in my closet and they FIT!!!!

I love this thread, everyone is so supportive and honest about not so good days. it’s so wonderful to see that a little blip wont derail us from getting healthier. without everyone here, it would be soooo much harder.

hope everyone is having a great weekend. Phyllis

16:8- eat all your calories in an eight hour window, so fasting each day for 16?

How have I missed this thread?
    Just read through and recognised/sympathised and empathised with all of these posts!
    I too am thinking about Christmas which we are having at home with my two sons and my 88yo mother. Everyone (except me) is a chocoholic in that group, one of them is Type 2 Diabetic, another is Pre-type 2 (and working on reversing it) and the other two are beginning to look much less toned than they used to be. I am thinking about sending an edict -sorry email out to say this will be a chocolate free house at Christmas. The one exception being the traditional gift for me from my youngest, of a pack of 3 Ferrero Rocher which he has given me since he was about 4.
    I also like Symba’s idea of ‘3 favourite’ so I may tell them to bring their own 😀
    We also have the Annual Mince Pie Bake Off. Each of us bakes mince pies in the hope of winning a fabulous prize (usually something that fell out of a Cracker the previous year). Now each mince pie has 250 cals and I can eat 4 with a cup of coffee so I might rethink that too.
    I also have the added distraction of 2 birthdays, Christmas Day and Boxing Day falling within 5 days 🙁 and we have always celebrated each well!
    I’ll end with the thought that it is only 38 sleeps til Christmas……….

Hi Lindyw, glad you joined us! ah, the malevolent mince pie. that is one tradition I don’t have to deal with, as here in the southern U.S. they aren’t as large a part of the holidays. chocolate is a whole other matter. 🙂 my daughter gives me Ferrero Rocher also, and I plan to enjoy everyone. LOL.

Wow, 2 birthdays, Christmas and boxing day all together!! now that’s a challenge. will be sending you encouraging vibes all that week. take care. Phyllis

Lindyw – YAY! I love Christmas. sobering thought about 250 cals per mince pie tho’.
    Mountainmyst, yep. I’ve definitely had a blip. Weigh day today and a GAIN of 2ilbs! My instant reaction was – perhaps I’m waking up and losing 20 odd ilbs has all been a dream. I was so disappointed. then maybe my 3lb loss last week was a glitch of the scales? I also noticed that my bone mass had gone up from 3.8 lb to 4.1lb. I am not sure how these scales work really- a bit newfangled for me.
    Anyway- this forum and especially this thread has built up my confidence that the long term prospects are good and I just need to stick with the program.
    Piper/ Annette, yes I think that is right – have all your cals in an 8 hour window. I’m sure somebody else will explain why this is beneficial.
    I once read a book called The Carbohydrate Lover’s Diet. The author had discovered by chance that she could eat whatever she wanted in a two hour window and not gain, but even lose weight. I think that’s the gist of it. I never tried it, it seemed too ‘out there’ but I found it interesting. and now it seems she might have been on to something . I will see if I can dig it out, just out of interest.

I guess the benefit is more of the same – more time spent fasting.

My 3 favourite treats at Christmas. What is your favourite naughty for Christmas? Or are you all being good to make me feel guilty….

1 box of Chocolate marzipan sweets, bought,
    I bar of almond chocolate from Aldi, it’s to die for……..one of my OLD old favourites, Bought by daughter and wrapped!
    Bag of Diplomates from Thorntons, yummy. Yet to buy.

Made my Christmas cake in November, I once made this and put 1 stone on in two weeks no one liked fruit cake, I ate it for breakfast, dinner and tea! Yummy.
    I talked about it to husband and promised to make one for him, he never let me forget ( before the 5.2) I am a bit concerned about this.

10 days of Christmas for us and back on plan with new goals in the New Year. Normally we have all Decenber as Christmas we deserve to be fat!……

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 3,800 total)

You must be logged in to reply.