I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

This topic contains 944 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Lolly_ 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 947 total)

• I was about to go to bed and saw your post NG. Another 2 1/2 lbs. WAY TO GO!!!!
    Contgrats also on no chocolate. I have yet to have a whole week without so am going to make that my goal.

Went shopping today and totally avoided that aisle. In fact I only went to fruit and Veg and dairy / meat.

The gluten free banana cake sounds yummy and I will save that for another event as we have mothers day next week and it could be a good option. Also quite a few birthdays over the next 2 months.

Oh, and steam rooms are better than saunas if you have a choice. I don’t know why but health retreats usually have a steam room in preference to release the toxins in our bodies.

I am now off to listen to my CD and release those KGs while I sleep. (I will ask for them to go to someone who needs and wants them). Night all.

Thanks Speckles!! What’s the Cd you’re listening to again? Yes, I’d happily go to a steam room if possible. Night night

NG 2 1/2 lbs in a week, that is brilliant! You must be very disciplined.

I haven’t eaten chocolate or lollies in over 4 months but I do find that after dinner I crave something sweet, lo-cal jelly helps to satisfy that need on fast days. Confession here though – an ice cream cone after dinner on feasting days is my sweet of choice.

What’s going on in the head is so important isn’t it; in the past if I ate something that was not in my plan I would just give up – I am an all-or nothing kind of gal! This time around (and there have been many tries at weight loss) I seem to be able to shrug off the little failures and keep on keeping on. I think the difference is that I no longer diet for looks but for health.

NG, I am listening to the CD on the Gabriel method. It comes with the book and is very calming. I usually drift off as it is playing but read more of the book beforehand. Just re-reading the book is great as I have had several “light bulb” moments when I have realised yet another contributor to my weight gain. Funny, I didn’t recognise it the first time I read the book but I must not have been ready. Now I am.

FAF good for you for not eating choc or lollies for 4 months! I have come to believe that weight issues really are a by-product of out body, mind and soul so for me I really need to address all these issues as I don’t ever want to be this weight again. We know the saying you are what you eat, but you also are what you think. I know for me being fat = feeling safe, even though it is making me very unhealthy. So I need to address and change the responses and feelings I have. All too much this early on a Sunday morning. LOL.

Pleased to announce that I have now released .9 Kg. It took a bit of flirting with the scales but it happened.
    Happy Sunday everyone.

I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them and no longer serve me.

Speckles, .9of a kilo, I thinks that is 2lbs – Hooray for you!

Well. I had a reminder this morning why I decided to only weigh myself once a month. I am having people to lunch on one of my fast days this week and because I refuse to cook when I am fasting I decided to fast today instead. So I stepped on the scales this morning to give a little bit of incentive for the week ahead. DISASTER!!! The scales said I gained 2lbs. Totally impossible because I absolutely have not cheated. This is where mind control is going to have to be strong. There I went bragging about not giving in and now I have to face the rest of the month thinking I have gained.

As someone said once: “It will all be OK in the end and if it’s not OK, then it’s not the end”!

FAB, DO NOT be discouraged, as I know that some days I can get on the scales and I will be over 1 KG more than the previous or the next day. Also I have discovered and I think it is because I am over 100kg, that it can depend on where my feet are placed on the scales. I now have a line that my toes have to meet up with so I stand in the same spot each weigh.
    Just forget that you saw that reading and weigh in at your next allocated time.

The birthday morning tea was fine, I was told not to take anything in the end but there was fruits and cheese along with sandwiches and little pastry thing but thankfully they had salmon and tuna in them and I am allergic to seafood. What a good excuse to have a bit of fruit and cheese and a tiny piece of cake (no icing). SO I dint do too much damage and stayed camouflaged.

I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them and no longer serve me.

Congratulations on another great release Speckles!! Great news. I’ll have to look up the Gabriel method. My mind has been opened up to a lot of books and ideas that compliment the 5:2 since starting this “diet”.

FAF I feel for you. I know it’s easier said than done, but try not to get disheartened. Some water retention can easily add a few pounds on. Stay strong

Thank you speckles for your encouragement, I will certainly take your advice re the scales on board.

Great news that you survived the morning tea without damage. What’s a little bit of cheese between friends, huh!

Thanks NG. I just realised that I have had quite a bit of salt in the form of hot vegemite drinks and stock powder in hot water. There is the culprit right there. All that salt is sure to cause fluid retention, right? I have had my dummy spit today and it is time to get back on the horse and ride for home:-)

Cheers all.

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! Just catching up quickly with everyone’s posts on my phone! NG and Speckles wonderful news! Congratulations on your losses you are both doing so well!!!

FAF don’t worry just weigh yourself at the next allocated time and I’m sure you will see a loss!!! Water retention has a lot to answer for!!

Caspersmum you are sounding so strong and determined as others have said the All Inclusive will have some good options for you! Stay strong! Hopefully your hubby will give up if he sees his attempts are not achieving anything!!

Well, yesterday I bought some digital scales and EEK!!! They are weighing me in at over 7lbs more thank my mechanical scales!!!! My mechanicals say 13st 10lb and the digital ones say 14st 3lbs and 3/4!!!!! I’m going to take this hit. I know I haven’t really put on 7lbs it’s just different scales showing different numbers. The digital ones are so much more easier to see than the old ones and it weighs to the quarter pound so I’ll be able to see even a tiny loss or gain!! Also it will be easier to track hubbys weight loss as sometimes he can’t remember where the needle was the week before!! So at least he just needs to shout out s number to me and we can record !!!

Have a relaxing weekend everyone!!

1/2 a pound off this week….I survived the family visit!

I am on meds that play havoc with my metabolism, so am really pleased with this result this week!

Speckles…I have to be careful with certain foods too…in my case, I have to keep an eye on cheese, as some (most!) cheese causes an allergic reaction. …Whilst I dislike having the issues, it DOES make it easier to refuse cheesy deliciousness! …Why is it that some people accept you are allergic and find you an alternative or simply move on to offer the plate to someone else; but if you refuse on the grounds you are trying to lose weight they want to ‘push’ you into having some?

Skyblue…scales are the work of Satan and all his minions! I found a difference in my weight after changing the batteries on my digital scales!!!!….I have decided (not related to changing the scale’s batteries!) to stay off the scales this month…keeping up with 5:2 but not weighing myself for the month of May. I am hoping it will be a liberating experience!

Has anyone tried Beanies coffee? I had some and LOVE it! Only 2 calories a cup so can be enjoyed even on a fast day…I have a mixed pack of Choc/Orange, Irish Coffee and Amaretto flavours. The flavours are subtle and delicious without overpowering the coffee,……and they are all decaf too! Yum!

Have a good Bank Holiday to all the UK peeps….and a great week for all!

Haha Buttonboots I wholeheartedly agree – scales ARE the work of satan!! Well done to you Buttonboots for shifting that half pound especially with a family visit and being on meds!! Mmm Beanies coffee sounds delicious but I’ve not heard of it before wonder if it’s available in the UK?

The coffee is definitely available in the UK…they have their own website, and are available on Amazon too…and -so their website says – can be bought in major supermarkets, but I have to say not in the one-horse-dorf that I live in!

Ooh thanks Buttonboots I’ll have a look for it!!

ButtonBoots – love that idea of Satan and his minions at work – they were at work for me this weekend drawing me round the campfire to toasted marshmallows and chocolate biscuits…..just got back this afternoon from a weekend camp away. My first proper sugar hit in ages and they tasted soooo sweet. Like the sound of the flavoured coffees, definitely will check those out.

Absolutely. I have about 7 to lose.

Hi Fanta! Welcome to the forum you’ve found a great place here for lots of support, encouragement and motivation!

Hi, new to this sight but really want to get focused and lose 3st 12lbs!! I lost 4st a year ago following a 5:2 type regime and have kept it off but since last summer I haven’t really been focussed so haven’t lost anything further!! I started today and did a fast day but didn’t quite stick to 500kcals as I got hungry and had a dry slice of bread before bed; taking me up to 600kcals! I did however manage to get to the gym this morning and did an hour body pump class (lifting weights whilst doing squats, bicep/tricep curls, shoulder presses etc etc) followed by half an hour body pump class. My other big incentive is that my ex has agreed to meet up in three or four weeks time (in between our birthdays) for the first time since we split on Valentine’s Day – and it goes without saying I need to look my best haha!

Hi everyone,

I couldn’t agree more about the scales, their sneaky ways are one of the reasons I weigh myself in pounds rather than kilos. Let’s face it, 1lb sounds so much better than point something-or-other kilos. Never could get the conversions right.

Lisa57 you’ve got me dreaming about chocky bikkys and marshmallows! Delicious. I can have them tomorrow if I really want them. Funny how know that defuses my need for them. 5:2 is very accommodating.

Welcome Fanta69 and Sarah7400. You are sure to find lots of encouragement on this thread. Good luck with your fasts.

Hi everyone – new and old. Weigh-in day for me this morning. Another 2lb gone and my total loss now at 100lb and a big milestone reached! Not going to celebrate with food – a FD day today but off out on this bank holiday with the family for a nice treat day with a spring in my step and feeling pleased with myself… hugs to everyone and good luck with whatever is coming at you – we can do this….

Yay!!! Well done Lisa that’s fab news!!! 100lb My Gosh! What an absolute achievement you should be so proud of yourself!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Welcome to the Forum Sarah7400! Wow you’ve already lost 4 stone you definitely know what your doing!!! But stick with us for lots of support and motivation

Lisa, you are so inspirational. To have hung in there to the tune of 100lbs lost is such a huge achievement. Well done girl.

And Sarah7400, 4 stone is almost half a person! It’s great to have such achievers on the forum, it gives hope to those of us who may be dickering about a bit. I really feel now that I have to get my stuff together so as not to disgrace myself.

Lisa57

Wow well done Lisa. You must be so proud of yourself.
    I’ve a bit of a way to go but it just shows it can be done on this diet. Excellent.

Hi all
    Off to Majorca at 3 am in the morning. Will try and keep in touch.
    Happy fasting.

Caspersmum…enjoy all that fresh fish!

What a milestone, Lisa — you definitely deserve the best Bank Holiday outing ever!

Lisa57 that is the most amazing news!!! Well done you (well done seems a bit of an understatement)! Fabulous. Do you have much more to go? I too was drooling over the thought of toasted marshmallows. Mmmmm.

Eeeek about your scales SB!! The devil indeed. Regardless of what your new scales say, you have still lost the same amount however, so that can’t be taken away from you, whatever the dastardly digital ones say.

BB, I love the idea of not weighing yourself for a month. You’ve got me thinking and I think I may give this a go in June if I’m strong enough. Since eating lots of naughty stuff on holiday and then losing the weight so quickly I seem to have developed a very counter productive attitude of thinking “ah well, I can lose this quickly again if I eat it”. I want to go back to the wholesome way I was eating when I first started 5:2 in Jan. If I’m not weighing myself then I might be less tempted to cheat, as I won’t be able to see the weight coming off. That’s my logic anyway. A big milestone approaching this month, so I’m going to wait until after that. Let us know how you get on with not weighing.

Welcome Sarah and Fanta. Wow Sarah, 4 stone already lost, well done you. Your fitness routine sounds absolutely fab. I am now really looking forward to my partner breaking up for the summer holidays so that I can get some time to exercise. Why do think you stopped with the 5:2? I’m wavering myself at the moment. Not with the fasting itself, but what I’m eating on NFDs.

Hope everyone else is OK out there. It’s much quieter on here than usual – hopefully you’re all out enjoying the weather. Are you OK, LA? Feels like we’ve not heard from you for ages. Hope that all is good.

Hi- I need to lose 4.5 stone… Does anyone want to buddy up with me?? I am determined not to fail this time 🙂

Hi Miranda, we’re pretty much all buddied up together on here and everyone is welcome. All the best with your fasting.

Cool 🙂 thank you NorthernGal

Morning everyone hope you are all okay – nearly the weekend!!

Ah thanks NG – yes it was a big shock but I’m looking at it like you said – I’ve still lost the same amount it’s just the scales showing different numbers – those dastardly scales lol!!! I’m going to stick with the digital ones anyway they are easier to see!!

I also think it’s a great idea to try and not weigh in every week I wish I was strong enough to do it but at the moment I can’t help myself – it’s all I can do to wait until Friday every week at the moment!! Oh well it keeps me on track I think.

Welcome Miranda! As NG says we are all in this together on here so its lovely to have you join us the more the merrier!!

Afternoon all – gorgeous sunny day here and am off out shortly to make the most of this weather whilst it lasts. I can now fit into the trousers I bought for walking so determined to make the most of them. Shock of the day – confiscated an energy drink from a pupil in school where I work (they are banned) – whilst emptying it out had a peek at the label – a 500ml can – never mind the high caffeine – it contained a whopping 55g of sugar! How are these still sold to children…… stay strong everyone….

Morning all – Happy FRIYAY! Lisa well done – its a lovely feeling being able to fit into clothes you couldn’t before, its such a boost!! Those energy drinks are awful, all that sugar!! The manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves!

It’s weigh in day for me today and the digital scales are showing a 4lb drop from my last weigh in – although I don’t for one minute think I’ve lost four pounds this week. Last Friday my mechanical scales weighed me in at 13st 10lbs and I bought the digital ones on Saturday and like a muppet I weighed myself on Saturday lunchtime after a jaunt round town and a big breakfast and they weighed me in at 14st 3lb and 3/4!!! I hopped on them this morning and they are showing 13st 13lb and 3/4. I’m still pleased – its still a bit of a boost to see the number has dropped but I’m going to wait until they say 13st 10lb like the mechanical ones and then go from there!! Other good news today is that I’ve had to wear a belt to keep my jeans up! Mmm note to self – new jeans needed!!

Have a wonderful weekend all!

TGIF!!!!
    WOW, all these great releases.

I don’t know what happened to my emails but I seemed to have lost quite a few during the week and missed the celebrations.

So welcome to the newbies and a big Contgrats to Lisa. You must be feeling amazing+++. Yes, sports drinks are a deadly sin and should be treated as such and not sold in canteens or where children are so influenced.

Sky, digital scales even though they are easier to read I don’t think they weigh properly for larger size people. I know with mine I have marked them where my toes need to line up or each position I stand on them, feet wide apart vs together, standing further back rather than forward, I get a different reading. So put a marker pen and line your toes up. HAH. I have to put my glasses on!

I have noticed that my releases have slowed down now that I am not having salad for dinner each night. Instead I am having soup (no bread) but maybe a cracker or an omelette for Cleansing days and meat and veggies for the other nights. That is OK, though for as long as it is going in a downward direction I am happy and it wont be long till summer is back again.

I have had a hideous few weeks at work and totally exhausted now. I left work 4 hrs late this evening as I am not back in the office till Thursday and so much to do and no time to do it in. I have 3 days training next week in the city so instead of my 10 min ride to work I will have 90mins each direction! YUK. I am going to have to prepare meals this weekend or I know it will be too easy to grab something on the way home. It is all about the planning isn’t it.

LA, I hope you are well and we miss you!. I also wanted to ask you with you probiotics gut thingy, can you eat mushrooms? I ask because I did an anti-candida diet once which was given to me by a natropath and I couldn’t have mushrooms, coffee or vegemite. 3 of my favourite things. Needless to say, I dint last too long on that but It gave me a kick start and did clean out my insides. What are your thoughts?
    Enjoy the weekend everyone

“I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them and no longer serve me.”

Pants are falling down everywhere, and we couldn’t be happier! Well done, Lisa and Sky. I nearly tripped over mine yesterday as they dragged on the ground, so for the first time in years I am preparing to shop for a smaller size. A smaller size! Happy days.

I take probiotics, speckles, and have no problems eating mushrooms. Or anything else. Thank you for providing me with the puzzle of what mushrooms, coffee, and Vegemite have in common… Now all I need to do is get the Happy Little Vegemite song out of my head.

Lolly, you made me laugh – and sing the vegemite song!. How lovely to go shopping for a smaller size. Well done!!!

I dropped another 1.2 kg this week and have now officially released over 10KG which I am so happy with.

It is Mothers Day today in AUS, I am the only family member who bothers to go and see mum, everyone else always has excuses every year and worse is she makes excuses for them. SO I am going to buy a cake and will be selective in the one I choose. She is not a big cake fan so it is symbolic as much as anything. I had hoped to make one yesterday but ended up in the garden all afternoon, giving it an overhaul as it was such a nice day.

Happy Sunday to you all.

“I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them and no longer serve me.”

Morning all. Northerngal – I agree it seems quiet on here. Speckles – I used to have a horrid commute and know it can drag you down – hope you get chance to recharge your batteries soon. It must be the season for clothes shopping – skyblue69, speckles and lolly – great going. Weighed in this morning and 2lb gone – I haven’t got the willpower to leave the scales for a whole month. Although I had a big milestone last week, I have a lot yet to lose so will be hanging around for a good while yet. Sometimes, it can seem hard work plugging away on your own so I love to hear how you are all doing, good or bad, love the humour and way we can cheer each other on, have a moan, find tips, whatever as it all helps. Took me a while to pluck up courage and start posting but I’ve learnt so much and found it really helpful so just jump in and give it a go. Have a good week everyone.

Lisa I wish I had the willpower not to weigh so regularly, though I do take it with a grain of salt unless it is consistently lower, then I claim it. I am going to be housesitting 5 days a week for 5 weeks so will only be able to weigh myself when I come home on the weekends.

You are doing so well Lisa and another 2 lbs vanishes! I have been thinking about re-adjusting my goals, as I set it to guarantee to get there but as I am getting closer, I feel I can prepare mentally for the next lower goal. I’m not expecting to get there in the next few weeks but soon after I expect. But who knows?????

My trip into the city wasn’t so bad, just long and tedious but at least I got a seat on the train. The training was very good and I am glad I signed up for the 2 day session and not just 1 day, but back on the train in the morning with the thousands of others and the worst part is having to get up before the sun. LOL

OK, so where is everyone? It does seem to be very quiet, though maybe the rest of the world is experiencing some wonderful weather and making the most of being outdoors.
    Cheers

Good morning all! Another Monday and another new week! Speckles I will take that on board about the digital scales and larger people!! I will have to make two marks on the scales as my feet are only size 5 and hubby’s are a huge size 12 lol!!! Fantastic news on your loss of 1.2kg well done!!!

You too Lisa another 2lb has bitten the dust fantastic!!

Lolly that made me laugh also – pants falling down everywhere! Got trusty elasticated ones on today so should stay up unless the elastic snaps!! Got a pin in my drawer if they do – ever the prepared!!

It has been a bit quiet on here hasn’t it. Hope LA is okay!! We have had some lovely weather in the UK over the weekend – well yesterday was lovely anyway. Saturday we had a huge thunderstorm in the afternoon with torrential rain. I love a good thunderstorm! Trouble was we were out in the garden at the time having a barbecue but had an awning to shelter under luckily!! Bit of rain didn’t deter us at all!! Soggy hot dogs all round!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Go, speckles and Lisa! Brilliant to hear your good news.

Bought my new pants — NOT the largest size in the shop! Can’t wait for them to fall off, too.

Hello, everyone!

Sorry I’ve been quiet. Last week wasn’t so good. The Bank Holiday threw my routine off course, and then I had a couple of social events I had to go to, so was drinking more than I usually do and it was only practical to do one fast day (Thursday). I also let the running lapse (have been out twice since returning from the US on April 24 – not good). So, I was dismayed, if not surprised, to see a 1.5kg gain when I stood on the scale on Friday morning. I know this is a “margin of error” sort of reading, but it was a bit of a wake-up call that I need to double-down and focus on my eating and exercise habits. I’d got a bit complacent of late. Ran yesterday, then did loads of gardening. Fasting today, and plan two more runs and one more fast.

Super impressed by Lisa’s 100lb loss. That’s fantastic. Sorry to have no special words for anyone else. I haven’t caught up with the thread properly yet.

Hi everybody, fat seems to be released in vast amounts on this thread – lovely to hear that you are all well and doing fine.

Sarah, it’s very inspring that you lost 4 st one year ago and kept it off.
    Good luck with your plans to release some more fat.

Lisa, wow 100lb loss, that is really an achievement. You must have the self-discipline and perseverance of a ballet dancer or top athlete. I’m very impressed.

haha Austrian – that made me smile. I appreciate the sentiment & thank you – but never in a million years can I imagine ever putting myself in the category of either. Much closer to the mark would be the image of a very unfit sugar plump fairy character… In truth, I love swimming and haven’t let my size put me off going to the local pool but do need to make it more of a routine rather than the occasional visit.

MMEMonkey – sorry, somehow missed your post – thanks too and as for getting back into the swing of things – sounds like you have all in hand and I’m sure your plan will soon have you on downward track in no time.

Lisa, I was completely serious. It doesn’t matter whether you look like a ballerina – you did exactly what a ballerina or a top athlete has to do to become and stay at the top of their field. You worked at it every day. You never gave up. You (almost) always did the sensible thing, the one your body would profit from most, and didn’t give in to temptations, laziness, chocolate, whatever. I mean seriously, this is what professional athletes do.

(End of strange analogy. 🙂 )

Morning Ladies! Just been trying to catch up on your posts. Another 2lb lost Lisa, absolutely brilliant! 1.2 kg Speckles, that is a whopper, well done! SB, having to tighten your belt is a wonderful sign! You’ll be back to 13 st 10 in no time at all SB. Ooooh, I love storms too. Lolly, a smaller size knicker, hurray!

MmeM, I’m with you this week on the falling off the wagon. For the first time ever I gave up on a fast day half way through and not only that but I’ve been eating lots of cake and treats. I decided not to give myself a hard time but just go with it, allow myself to eat whatever old rubbish I wanted and do my next fast as normal. I don’t know if maybe I was becoming a bit complacent and was starting to take for granted all the wonderful side effects that 5:2 has. Anyway, I’ve been fully reminded now. Within 2 days of going back to my old ways my knee started hurting again, energy levels and mood plummeted like a rock and my rosacea, which had been clearing up nicely with the concoction of natural remedies I’ve been trying (please don’t let it be the only non-natural expensive skin cream that’s making the difference!) is back with a vengeance. Lesson well and truly learnt. It was the reminder I needed and I am now back in full fast flow and the benefits were immediate again. Something else that spurred me on was that after all the rubbish I ate, I only put on 1/2 lb! I almost didn’t weigh myself as I expected to be in the 14 stones and was really amazed. I did a semi fast yesterday, am on a full fast today and will do another on Thursday, so 2 1/2 this week to get back on track and give my body a good cleanse.

Speckles, how old are your digital scales? My old digital scales sound just like yours and were completely unreliable. I think one of it’s parents must have been a barometer because I weighed more on rainy days! I bought a new set of scales in Feb and they are great. Doesn’t matter where I stand, as long as it’s a hard floor and they give me the same reading as the scales at the doctor. They calculate body fat/water/muscle percentage too. These I believe are never very accurate, but it’s still good to see the fat go down, albeit it in minuscule amounts. Anyway, it may be worth buying a new set if your old one’s are like mine. I never trusted what they said.

Morning everyone!

Lolly congratulations on your smaller size pants! Excellent triumph!!

MMe Don’t worry you have just had a small blip – as will we all!! That 1.5kg will come off in no time – sounds like you really have got everything in hand and are really focusing all that exercise will pay off!

Hi NG! I’ve given up half way on a fast day before now! I think sometimes, now and again, we just need to have a little blow out to get it out of our system and then once that’s out of the way we can get back on track. It’s amazing what the effects can be of what we put in our bodies isn’t it! But my gosh only a 1/2 pound gain that’s brilliant – that will come off in a flash!! Made me laugh when your scales parent must have been a barometer lol!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Half way through the week already!

Evening Ladies,

How lovely to see the thread livening up again.
    I know it is very tempting if we are not having a good day or even week to have a rest from the board(and it alleviates the guilt a bit too) but I know for me the support and the encouragement is what keeps me going sometimes or gets me back on track, which allows me/us to have those occasional blips.

Blips are reality and this way of life is reality so we have to take both by the hand and get on with it. The thing I love is that we are all in the same boat so no one judges anyone else.

So Mme and NGal, it is OK to have bad days and you wanted to come back here and get back on the horse and that is all that counts!!!!!!!

When I was on my course earlier this week, as we were standing in the elevator when we were going to lunch, one of the other girls asked me what I was going to have for lunch. I said I wasn’t as I was fasting that day and just them the doors opened and the young guy standing at the front or a very packed lift, said loudly ” I reckon she should be fasting every day by the look of her”

Imagine my shock, horror and embarrassment at this! The girl I was with pretended not to hear but I it and all I wanted to do was run to the nearest bakery and stuff my face. Did I?. Thankfully NO. I took a good few very deep breaths and mentally aimed daggers at his back as he walked away. I know that is not good Karma but it was better than the bakery LOL

It is interesting though, that my first response was to bury myself literally in fat!

Lolly, how wonderful to have new pants and especially not to be buying the largest in the store. N Gal, my scales are only a year old and they are a good brand as well so I will be interested in seeing if the fluctuation on the position continues when I get below 100kg.
    I don’t think I could cope with scales just yet that measured body fat. You are brave!

Lisa, Austrian is quite right and the dedication is like an athletes, even if it is not so physical so give yourself a very big pat on the back.

I wonder how Caspermum is getting along at the resort with her hubby.

Has anyone ever used one of those vibration machines that is supposed to simulate exercise? You stand on it and it engages your muscles as if you are walking or running.

SB, I do love a thunderstorm as well, it feels like it cleanses things and is amazing to watch. We have had very high winds here the last couple of days so all my sweeping on my courtyard went to waste as it is now worse than before. – more exercise for the weekend I suppose.

Cheers all

Speckles!!! What an ill-mannered, rude, offensive, disrespectful idiot that person is!! I have been very polite with my words here but I’m thinking some worse ones in my head!!! Don’t worry he probably has painful piles up his bum or some other painful affliction and it hurts when he sits down so he has to take it out on someone else the selfish rude man! Good for you for rising above it!!

Ahh what a nuisance having everything you have swept up get blown about again – never mind as you say its more exercise for the weekend!!

Speckles, I wish this person a healthy dose of a very painful rash in intimate places that he can’t scratch. In addition to the bad karma, of course. The embarrassment should have been his, not yours, because he outed himself as a total nitwit.

As to the vibration machines – a friend of mine used one, she said she didn’t believe in it because you basically stand or sit on them and do minimal movements yourself, but in fact the program gave her massively sore muscles and she felt she was becoming stronger.

Thunderstorms – I love watching them, too. Especially in a hot summer, there is this feeling of released energy and freshness in the air after a summer thunderstorm, which I just LOVE.

Austrian and SkyBlue you both made me laugh. He is going to have a very sore and itchy nether region for a while.

Thanks for the support and yes, it is the sort of thing we do have to rise above even if we mentally throw darts and wish otherwise. Unfortunately I never have a quick comeback at the time which is not defensive, so better not to say anything then be defensive.
    Cheers
    🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 947 total)

You must be logged in to reply.