I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

This topic contains 944 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Lolly_ 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 947 total)

• I lived in Crepy-en-Valoise, a very tiny village, back in about 1973.

Hi everyone
    NSMN – great news that your climb went well – good on you and roll on the next adventure….
    Speckles – just a thought – if you have one, nearly all DVD players will play a CD
    LA – your probiotic – a little delicate but does it help, ahem, keep things regular? I’m finding my transit time slowing down and its starting to bug me. I’m well hydrated, eating lots of veggies plus of course common sense says less in – less out but tummy definitely not happy.
    I think I’m finally over the shingles and feeling much better. Its been a strange couple of weeks and not been easy to stay focused. The scales this morning show a big loss (5lb) so really pleased and now within touching distance of one of my big milestones so just need to keep at it. Here’s wishing everyone a good week.

Hi Fitandfab

Yes I probably do need time away and have been thinking about how to go about it. Have had this discussion with one of my daughters. She is very understanding but knows it would have a big effect on our family and I think it scares her. All my daughters are grown up with families and I know they are worried of being left to deal with their dad who is quite difficult and expects the world to evolve around him. Its why I turned to food for comfort in the first place and trying to lose weight whilst Im so fed up all the time is very difficult. Ive made the decision to change my life and the first thing is to feel better about myself and the 5:2 diet is the easiest way Ive found to achieve that plus it will be easy to maintain the weight loss in the long-term. Just need to find a way to control my eating urges on bad days. They can be really intense. Any ideas ???

Hello Speckles and everyone I’m here!! Sorry I didn’t get chance to log in over the weekend it was a bit of a busy one! Just been trying to catch up with everyone’s posts – my there has been a lot over the last few days! Speckles I take notes too, to try and remember everything so you are not alone!! Congratulations on getting rid of another 1kg fantastic news!!!

Hello and welcome to FitandFab – sounds like you are off to a wonderful start – 13lbs in 15 weeks is fantastic keep up the good work!

Also well done to NG for another 3lb hitting the dust and getting into the 13s – excellent work NorthernGal you must be so chuffed with that!

NSMN – WOW!!! What an achievement!! Climbing the O2! Good for you it must have been absolutely exhilarating! 3.5lbs down last week and two inches off your thighs fantastic!!

DPM down 7lbs in 12 days my gosh that is FAB!!

Everyone is doing fantastically well I LOVE reading about all your achievements its such a motivation to me!!

LA, just been catching up on all the boob stories, ha ha yes the ‘hanging baskets’ comment was certainly made with love, I had ordered a new bra from a website I had never bought from before and I had ordered my usual (large) size and when the bra arrived it was HUGE. We both had a big chuckle over it. It actually didn’t fit and to be honest I wish I had kept it because it would look lovely in the garden right now all planted up with spring flowers but never mind!!

Caspersmum big HUGS to you and good for you for putting yourself first and doing this for yourself xxx

Well it was my weigh in on Friday and I am happy to say I got rid of another 2lbs last week so now down to 13st 10lbs or 192lbs.

Well Hubby and I completed our two week trial low carb experiment on Friday and have decided to have a little break from it and eat a few carbs again this week. Sorry to say went a little mad over the weekend with hot buttered toast, fish and chips and a nice roast dinner yesterday with roast potatoes!! You’d think we hadn’t been fed for a month!! Oh well fasting Tuesday and Thursday this week and we will see what weigh in day on Friday brings Mmmm not too optimistic for this week but we’ll see!!

Happy Monday all!!

Congratulations NSMN. Wonderful!!

Lisa, so glad that you are over the worst of the shingles and congratulations on a phenomenal loss!!

Caspersmum, big hugs to you. We are all here if you need to offload. You are clearly going through a very tough time. Regarding eating urges on bad days – could you get out and about to keep your mind off food? I’ve recently bought some “supergreens”. Basically powder that you add to drinks. I’m a bit skeptical about them, but they have been recommended to help rosacea. What I have found is that they seem to be taking away my cravings for chocolate although it’s early days yet. Also it could just be because they taste so bloomin’ awful!! Might be worth a try though…Or LA suggested probiotics can reduce cravings.

I love the twists and turns that this forum tastes and the unexpected things that we learn about each other and the world. Did you enjoy your time in France LA? I am a huge Francophile.

SB, it is so good to have you back!! I was getting worried! Yes, I am chuffed, thank you. You must be too! You’ve waved goodbye forever to another 2lbs, hurray!

Have a great week everyone.

Lisa, I don’t know how to answer that question. What probiotics will do is repopulate your gut with beneficial bacteria. In time they’ll crowd out the noxious bacteria that bad eating supported. Seems sensible to think that “improves” digestion but I’ve made so many changes, including LOTS more fiber and LOTS less sugar and starches, that I don’t really know which contributes to what effect from personal experience.

I can tell you that I go like a baby now — soft, unformed stuff that moves effortlessly and several times every day. AND, and most importantly, for me, my body has changed what foods it demands. I am no longer troubled by cravings for those sweet and starchy foods. But I have never really experienced the kind of stomach issues that are disturbing you in my life so comparing my experience to yours is an iffy thing.

caspersmum, we’re all here for you. In spirit. But I hope there are people in your immediate life that are also there to support you. You and your daughters can appreciate the situation and appreciate one another and be a very special support group protecting one another’s backs. Wish we could do so much more but are limited to the emotional support that the internet can transmit.

Do you have a therapist? That seems essential too for the *number* of life transitions that you’re taking on.

As for the overwhelming urges, I do my fasts back-to-back and with just water or a little broth. That’s what’s easier for me than limiting food and it’s what knocks my food urges down. But lately I’ve been finding it harder to eat and not want to eat excessively. I am going to try to eat more salad even before my evening protein meal and keep my stomach bulked up with a “safe” food. And by salad I mean greens, cold veggies and a generous amount of beans.

I hope you’ll share as you experiment with this as I think it’s something we all have to deal with at one point or another.

Great to see you back, Sky-blue!

Yes, NorthernGal, I certainly did enjoy my time in France! But I was like 22 when life is all a great adventure. We lived in a great old farmhouse that was unheated and equipped with an exterior outhouse. For food storage we put butter and things on a window sill outside the kitchen. Not sure how I’d cope with that today but, at the time, grilling sardines in the fireplace for Thanksgiving and scouring Paris for peanut butter seemed a great lark. And getting hot croissants fresh from the oven from the backdoor of the local baker’s at 3AM on our way home from Paris is something I’ll NEVER forget!

After 3 months we went home for Christmas. Wish we had had a Christmas in France! We expected to return but my husband’s mother had a fatal heart attack while we were there. She was the hub of that family’s wheel and *greatly* missed so we never got away after that. Nevertheless, I still have that experience and those people in my heart and I still make my mayonnaise and my ratatouille and keep the memory alive.

My one big regret is that we had a huge wood-burning bread oven in the room my then-boyfriend-now-husband and I used as a bedroom. At the time I was not a bread baker. Now I’d give half my teeth to be able to fire that up and bake some bread and pizza… ::sigh:: Probably, given intermittent fasting and carb avoidance best that it worked out this way! ๐Ÿ˜

This was in my morning feed: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/iris-ruth-pastor/big-breasts-a-blessing-or-a-curse_b_9644766.html

Of course, I agree what we’re all *brilliant*, but if I had had the money I would have had a reduction when I was 20 and never looked back. It might have cost a lot but I doubt it would have cost 10 IQ points by the time I was fully grown. ::groan:: ๐Ÿ˜‚

Here’s another article that seems worth considering: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/best-way-to-boost-mood_us_571bacefe4b0d4d3f7238dc4

Who can’t use an emotional boost? And who can’t use a hand up? Isn’t it nice when these things come together?!

Wow, what a wonderful adventure LA. Sounded terribly romantic too

Romantic? Well, we already knew we were right for one another before we ever went but we’ve been together for 48 years now and I can say with conviction that I’m the luckiest person ever. And he’s the most patient and enduring. ๐Ÿ˜

…or maybe that’s not what you meant. ๐Ÿ˜ But it’s what I mean! Every opportunity I’ve ever had in my life came from my husband. I am so grateful for him!

Awww that’s gorgeous LA

LA – as NGal said – that’s so sweet. Thanks also for the response to my question. I’ll keep experimenting step by step and fingers crossed things will improve soon. Adding probiotics is next on the list to try. Had a lovely filling combo of salad followed by home made leek and potato soup for my FD today. SkyBlue & NGal – congrats on your releases too

Chubster
    Thanks for your kind works of encouragement. Been a difficult week. I tried fasting 3 days but urge to eat got the better of me and I went a bit out of control. Fortunately in was on rice crackers so the damage was limited and I lost 1 lb this past week anyway. I wouldn’t have been very happy only losing a pound previously but I’m ok with that, its still downwards. I need to have more variety in my food choices, perhaps add some spice. I might get more satisfaction from what I eat. Hunger isn’t an issue during the day, its the evenings that I really struggle with. Might try the herbal teas some people have suggested.

Thanks Northern gal.
    Will try the probiotics, several people seem to have success with them so its worth a try.

What I’d recommend, caspersmum, is activity and change of scene. Give the neural synapses something else to think about! A long walk in an unfamiliar park? A knitting bee in some shop a town over? Browsing through a new bookstore?

You’ll probably have even better and more appropriate thoughts.

Hi Caspersmum, it is good that you are bringing your daughters into the discussion about your problem. Maybe they can think it through and help to come up with some solutions so that you can get a break. As for the food urges, the only way that works for me is to distract myself. That means that you have to be prepared beforehand to have a few strategies that work. The good news is that urges pass if you distract yourself. It is especially helpful if you can get away from the kitchen. Do you think a 3 day fast might be a bit extreme? One of the benefits of 5:2 is that you know you can always eat tomorrow. Just a thought:-)

Speckles, yes amazing that we live within cooee of each other. Maybe we will get together one day. I think the posters on this site are so supportive of one another.

LA Chubster, that Huffington Post article was very good. Isn’t it amazing that human beings are meant to be social creatures and not just individuals. It helps to be reminded of that occasionally. Great post!

The probiotics ideas are interesting too, must try them.

I know this isn’t a recipe thread butI have been browsing through a diabetic cookbook for meal ideas and there is a delicious ,green pea, spinach and chicken soup that I have made and can vouch for. For fast days, this makes a very satisfying meal. Here it is:

2 cups frozen peas
    3 cups chicken stock
    250gr pkt frozen spinach
    1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
    2 teaspoons curry powder

Cook peas in stock until tender
    Blitz in food processor until partly broken down, return to saucepan
    Add spinach and simmer until the spinach is thoroughly heated
    Add chicken and curry powder, bring to boil and serve.

Only 128 Calories per serve. Serves 4

The problem I have is getting out of the house on my own without 20 questions. My husband retired early and since then wants my constant attention, it’s exhausting. He’s an only son to a doting mother. Fortunately for me she passed away years ago which improved my life. I am stronger than I was and try to change my life but that’s the problem, he see’s it as me being difficult. As times gone by I have become harder and less tolerant.
    I am looking for things to become involved in and would like to work with children. I’m a arts and craft person and use to volunteer at our local school. Might look into that again.

Good morning everyone! Lisa! Yesterday I totally missed your post – 5lb loss!!!! Absolutely outstanding well done!! And I’m glad to hear you are over the shingles now and feeling a lot better!

LA your time in France sounds wonderful and what lovely treasured memories you must have!

Caspersmum congratulations on the 1lb loss – it’s going in the right direction and 1lb is TWO packs of butter – that’s quite a lot of fat to be honest!! Good for you for becoming stronger and less tolerant to your husband’s behaviour. I really do understand, my dad was quite a difficult person too and it made life quite hard living with him. Look after yourself Caspersmum you deserve it.

FitandFab – that soup sounds gorgeous! I’m going to try it!

SB, nice to have you back and it will be interesting to see how you go increasing carbs again. I must admit with the chilly evenings a salad isn’t satisfying me anymore and I have been having more carb then previously. Intestinally I don’t feel as good and I do feel more hungry.

LA I am so envious of anyone who has had the chance to live in France. If I could choose 1 country anywhere in the world to live for 1 year it would be France, with Italy as a close second. Who know, there is still time.
    I also would trade 10 points off my IQ for a smaller pair. I reckon we have to prove we are more than just a pretty chest so we have had to work harder to do it and be taken seriously.

Lisa, Great suggestion re the DXD and I am using it now. I bought a cord to get the CD to play but turns out the player itself was not working, so the DVD it is. (my neighbours just have to do it with me.

NG, Yes I too love the twists and turns of this thread and learning interesting titbits about each other.

On that note, I have had a couple of interesting and at times confronting days. Firstly going though all my photos and taking out any of myself (age 18+) at all stage of weight good and bad. Then I put them in order of dates and started writing up all the significant things that have happened in my life both good and bad. I added to that what I was doing each year, such as work, exercise, relationships and diets. Though this is far from complete, I can see some patterns emerging already.

I then started thinking about what my diet was like when I was in my 20s compared to now – in my 50s and realised that somewhere along the way I stated regularly buying foods such as chocolate bars and biscuits which when I was younger were “special occasion foods”. So when and why did it suddenly become Ok to have these foods on a daily basis????? Thoughts for me to ponder on…….

With that I am off to bed to release some more unwanted fat cells. Night all.

Good point Skyblue, I hadn’t thought of 1 lb as 2 packs of butter. Seems more of a loss now. Ive evolved into a glass half empty person and I need to be a glass half full person. Working on it.

Hello! Itโ€™s been busy here while Iโ€™ve been away. Well done to everyone on some fantastic losses.

Well, Iโ€™m back from my holiday in the US. Had a lovely time in New York City and then touring round NY state and New England.

No fasting, we ate every day. Butโ€ฆ I think, on balance, we ate less than we would have. Skipped meals a few times because we just werenโ€™t hungry, passed on desserts if nothing really appealed. This felt like progress. And we were fairly active. Went running three times, and walked loads in the city. The second part of the week was more sedentary as we spent a lot of time in the car.

On the downside, there were some bad choices going on a lot of the time. Hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, milkshakes, ice cream, orange juice, pancakes, maple syrup. All thoroughly enjoyable. Iโ€™m not good with buffet breakfasts. I find it difficult not to be greedy and take more than I need.

Not yet stood on the scale to see what damage was done, but am back fasting today. No problem, indeed it feels kind of cleansing and โ€œback to normalโ€. Accountability is important though, this the moment I would have shied away,thought โ€œsod itโ€, allowed myself to get dispirited and given up on everything for another year or two. Determined not to do that this time.

Ooh, another good thingโ€ฆ just before we left, I tried on a pretty top Iโ€™ve had for years but never really wore, because it never fitted me well. It has a side zip, and the one time I wore it, I had get my husband to zip me into it while I held my breath and it was really uncomfortably tight. Then I got too big for even that to work, so it just stayed in the wardrobe. But as I was packing for America, I thought Iโ€™d try it on, and was delighted to find that I can zip it up with ease now. Itโ€™s still a little bit constricting, maybe. I think thatโ€™s partly the cut of the garment – itโ€™s quite fitted – but I can actually wear it out now.

NSMNโ€ฆYAY!! Love that you made it!

Caspersmumโ€ฆissues with my husband are pretty much the reason I ate myself into this stateโ€ฆI donโ€™t know your exact story, but I sympathize and my heart goes out to you.

Skyblueโ€ฆcongrats on your loss!

Lisaโ€ฆI second what LA saidโ€ฆIโ€™m a big believer in probiotics, and they do help me with digestion and eliminationโ€ฆand just general better gut functions, really.

Speckles…that’s a really interesting experiment…I may borrow that idea to help me get to the bottom of my emotional eating stuff.

LAโ€ฆthanks for the article on mood boostingโ€ฆvery timely. I find, for some reason, that when I start to lose weight, my emotions just come roaring to the surface. I guess theyโ€™re the ones I pushed food down on top of, instead of actually feeling them. This is proof that eating your feelings does not work. Now Iโ€™m left to deal with them, and itโ€™s not easy.

Iโ€™m still doing my fasting M, W, and F, and eating according to the ketogenic diet. The good news is my cravings are almost non-existent, which is amazing! Iโ€™m a lifelong food addict and binger eater, so this way of eating is really helping me slay my demons. Iโ€™m also down 9 pounds in 2 weeks, so that doesnโ€™t hurt my motivation either. But Iโ€™m reminding myself that it may not always come off so easy, and just to stay the course. Fasting is getting easier and easier for me.

DeepPurpleMoon- Misery eating is not just my problem it seems. My weight loss has been going well so far which gives my self esteem a lift. As you know when its gone on for such a long time its a hard habit to break. I see your fasting 3 days a week. I tried it but found it difficult. Ive lost very little in the past few weeks so perhaps I do need to step it up as well.

Speckles, would soup be an option instead of salads? I make soup almost every evening, it’s such a versatile, warming and comforting meal; filling, too. I do all sorts of vegetable soups, to keep my carb count low, but you could eat a little bread with it.

I love your methodical way of looking at how changes in your life affected your weight – I totally can relate to how some changes lead to weight gain, but some habits just develop and creep up on you, like eating sweets often and not just as a treat.

Mme Monkey, congrats about that shirt!

Caspersmum, I think 5:2 is a good starting point – maybe more sustainable if you think 4:3 is difficult at this point?

Good luck to all of you, have a great time.

MMe welcome back!! Glad to hear you had a lovely time on holiday and well done on fitting into that top!! It’s lovely when things like that happen!

Thanks, SB! Stood on the scale this morning after one fast, and I seem to have only gained 1kg. Not too shabby and confident I’ll shed that pretty quickly once I’m back in the 5:2 rhythm.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, MmeM! You’ll have that kg off in no time — pretty impressive for a trip to Buffetland.

Everyone’s doing so well — it’s a pleasure to check in and see the enthusiasm and success. I am happy to announce that another pound has been dismissed, and good riddance to it.

Hi everyone, in a hurry today but I came across a quote that you all might find useful:

โ€œMotivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.โ€
    โ€• Jim Ryun

Well done to all the ‘losers’ this week. Hang in there caspersmum, I promise you that the urges will pass, and just think how chuffed you will be when another fast day has gone and you haven’t given in to those urges:-)

My progress is slow but it is at least steady, problem is that I am so impatient. Ho hum.

Blimey MMe only 1kg after a holiday that’s fab!! As Lolly says it will come off in no time!

Lolly congratulations! Another 1lb gone never to be seen again!

Fitandfab that’s a great quote I’ll remember that one!

โ€œMotivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.โ€
    โ€• Jim Ryun

Thanks, makes a lot of sense!

In a bit of a rush but just wanted to say welcome back MmeM and glad you had a great holiday. As you say 1kg is nothing and will be gone in no time.

Well done Lolly and DPM on your weight releases!!

Caspersmum, |I think you it was you asking about any tips for not eating too much in the evening. I discovered this by accident, but if I brush my teeth shortly after I’ve finished eating my dinner, I don’t want to eat anything else. For me it’s mainly laziness at bedtime, as I just don’t want to have to brush my teeth again and can get straight into bed (yes,VERY lazy, I know). It works without fail for me, even if my partner is eating something nice I’m not in the least bit tempted.

I won’t be doing a weigh in until Saturday this week, but I’m pleased to announce that my knickers are falling down when I walk quickly!! Not something I’d usually be announcing in public, but it’s a great sign that the fat has shifted.

Have a great day/evening everyone.

Hi everyone Happy Friday! Ha ha Ng that made me laugh – my knickers have started to do that too!! How funny! I try and discretely hitch them up when no one is looking but I think I need to get some new ones!!

Its weigh in day for me today but I’ve stayed the same this week but hubby lost a pound and I’m really pleased for him as he has stayed the same for the last two weeks. Never mind overall I lost 8lbs in April so very pleased with that!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and for those of you in the UK a lovely long Bank Holiday Weekend!

He he SB!! Yes, I think this weekend I’m going to be knicker buying too! A loss of 8 lbs in April is absolutely fab SB!! And well done hubby for losing a pound.

Yay, Bank Holiday. Have a great one too SB and everyone else. It’s a very quiet Friday on here today.

I’m still here. Two fasts down this week and back to my pre-holiday weight so very pleased with that.

Have good weekends everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds as if everybody is doing really well – have a great weekend and fun buying knickers. ๐Ÿ™‚

Great news MmeM!!

Lol thanks NG! YAY MMe well done fantastic news! Knew it wouldn’t take you long! Ha ha it seems all we talk about on this forum lately is Boobs and Knickers!!

Well done everyone on your releases this week.

So far I my scales haven’t showed a difference but I noticed today for the first time that I could see a change in my body shape. I stood by the mirror in my uniform (the thing I wear most) and noticed how my bottom doesn’t stick out so much and my back bulges have decreased, SO I am happy with that.

I too have had the saggy baggy knickers and thankfully had numerous pairs of a smaller size to swap into.
    Austrian, Yes I love soup as well, I am just trying to avoid bread and I do like bread with soup – I am very picky about soup and only like veggie soups. I think that comes from smelling meat boiling as a child and hating the smell so any meat that is boiled I cant stomach. I think though I will just have to get used to the no bread with soup.

SB 8 lbs. in April is EXCELLENT. Well done you.

Mme, also well done on both counts, keeping the damage to a minimum and getting rid of the damage so quickly.

NG great idea about brushing the teeth straight after dinner. I remember doing this years ago when I had braces (I was about 35) and I did shed kilos, though that was not the reason for doing it just bonus. I will get back into that habit.

I finally got my CD to work and am listening to it before bed. The player I had was an old Walkman and I was ready to bin it as it wasn’t working even after buying a new cord and replacing the batteries. Then I dropped it and Viola! it started spinning. LOL

I haven’t had a true fast this week as life got in the way and the last few days I have felt a bit queasy in the afternoon, I think from too much black coffee and water, so I have had a couple of crisp breads and cheese. It settled my stomach but I think I will take some veggie sticks in to work next week as a better option if needed.

Well I for 1 am glad the week is over and I have a nice weekend to look forward to.

Suggestions please.- My nephew turns 6 on Sunday and the in-laws are having morning tea. What can I take that is suitable for everyone for morning tea and as I haven’t told any of the family about the 5:2 I don’t want to bring awareness to it. My family can be over the top and mum will be calling me 4 times a day to see how the diet is going etc. I know she thinks she is being helpful but it is the opposite of what I need from her.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I release all excess fat cells that no longer serve me.

Ah, the dreaded “what can I take that doesn’t scream diet”, speckles! Recently, I’ve taken a selection of cheeses, veggies and creamy dip, and a nut tray to various events. They all disappeared faster than the sweeter options — a bit to my surprise — and all are fine on my food plan. Think outside the breadbox and good luck!

I do recommend sufficient knicker elastic, though. Otherwise, people WILL be talking… ๐Ÿ˜€

how about some simple fruit pots? – selection of chopped colourful fruits – attractive and refreshing. These disappeared as fast as the cakes at a recent do attended by old and young.

Well My husbands done it again. He’s bought 2 large packets of M & M’s. I told him I don’t want them but he bought them anyway. Also turned up with a pack of gluten free beer even though he knows I’m not drinking alcohol. I am now convinced he’s out to ruin my effort to lose weight. Its just made me the more determined to carry on. Soooooooo angry.

caspersmum, living with a saboteur is really tough. Can you give those M & Ms away?

The only way he’ll stop is if I completely ignore them and prove I’m not as weak willed as a jellyfish, which is what he said about me in the past. I think the stronger I am the more threatened he is. Life in our house has to change, I cant carry on as it is.
    I eat when I’m angry and upset and that’s been my problem. I’m trying to be strong for my own sake but it is challenging.

Off to Majorca next week. He’s booked an all inclusive hotel. Not going to be easy.

caspersmum, I’ll bet that all inclusive hotel has got great salads and vegetables and lots of fresh fish! I’ll be it also has free WiFi so you can check in here for support and encouragement.

Hi everyone, hey, does anyone ever wonder where the lost weight goes?:-) All those kilos down and not to be found anywhere!

Caspersmum – K-Lo’s advice is solid on this one. Stick to the foods that will get you where you want to go. That sobotaging hubby will soon sit up and take notice when you get the weight off.

Well done speckles on the change in body shape, sometimes it is the inches and centimetres that tell the story better than the pounds. Maybe that is because pounds lost are sometimes water but fitting into you clothes better cannot lie. I tried on a blouse yesterday that I haven’t worn in yonks and it fitted like a dream. I’m pretty chuffed about that. As far as the morning tea goes, I second the dips and veggie stick option and the fruit, also low-fat hummus with maybe some oven-baked wholemeal wraps just so it doesn’t telegraph your diet too much to anyone else.

MmwMonkey you are a winner for surviving the dreaded holiday feasts so well. Congrats!

Well done to all the lovely losers, keep it going!

Caspersmum, Sabotage only works if we let it so good for you for not letting him get to you and changing it around. Yes, it will be hot so salads will be very welcome but give yourself a break if you feel you need to as you will work harder when you get back knowing you’ve had a holiday. AS soon as I read Majorca, I thought wonderful long walks along the beach and time to swim in the ocean (which is so cleansing). Also the resort may run Aqua exercise classes which could be fun and get you away from hubby.

As I mentioned in a previous post I am reading the Gabriel Method again. It doesn’t all resonate with me but a lot of it does and one thing in particular is the “Emotional Obesity” and how being fat makes us feel safe as it is a barrier around us and between the bullies and abusers. Really worth a read if you get a chance on holidays.

Great ideas thanks Lolly, Lisa and FAB. I am going shopping now and will see what fruit is around. I am missing berry season very much and frozen don’t do it for me unless it is in cooking. I am thinking of the muffin cups with some fruit and cheese in it with maybe a bit of cucumber as well.

FAB, I don’t measure as I don’t find, with my body, it is accurate for example my upper abdo had dropped so my waist would be higher. I also weigh daily as due to water it changes so much but I don’t count a release until I see it for 3 days in a row. It may be down 1 day then up the next but I am OK with that as I can see the future. Clothes are the real test and congrats on fitting into your blouse again – that must feel great.

Happy Saturday to you all.
    I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them and no longer serve me. I am loving my new body.

Hi fitandfab,

Where does the fat go you ask? It gets converted to CO2 which you breath out and water, which you perspire, breath and pee out.

Thanks bigbooty, I thought it might be one of those questions like: “Where does your lap go when you stand up!” I think I will have to do a lot more breathing, perspiring and peeing! LOL

Speckles, you sound like you have a good handle on the whole thing. You go girl!!

Great that you can see a change in your body shape Speckles. And that your Walkman is working again, hehe. Great ideas for the afternoon tea Lolly and Lisa. It’s probably too late now, but I’ve made this a few times http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5141/date-banana-and-rum-loaf.
    It’s a gluten free cake with no added sugar and is really yummy. It might not work for you if you’re avoiding carbs, but for some reason the gluten free flour doesn’t seem to be a trigger for me in the same way that wheat is and I can happily eat it in moderation (rather than the whole cake, as once upon a time). It would certainly throw anybody off the diet scent, if they suspected. I love telling people that there’s no added sugar in it after they’ve had a piece.

Sorry to hear that your husband is trying to sabotage your efforts caspersmum. It’s good that you’re turning your anger into something positive and it’s making you more determined. Your husband is probably worried that a slimmer, more confident you will leave him, and he’s trying to self preserve. I would love for my partner to book a holiday for us, all inclusive or not! We’ve only had 1 holiday (this year) in the last 8 years, so try and enjoy it. As the others said, there will be plenty of beautiful fish, chicken, fruit and salad no doubt and I’m sure your determination will keep you on track.

LOL FAF – where does your lap go when you stand up. Loved that. Yes I can always tell when I’m going to step on the scales to a big loss, as I wee so much. Apparently saunas are a great way to get the toxins out of you that are being released as we lose fat and if I had the time, I’d definitely be doing that to release them through sweat.

My weigh in today and I’ve lost another 2 1/2 lbs this week, which I’m delighted about, as it’s not been the best week ever. I am VERY happy to say that I’ve not had any chocolate this week and the craving has again disappeared after not eating it for a week. Phew. Lesson learned. No chocolate every day on holiday. Mind you, as may well be another 8 years before I get a holiday, no worries there!!

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 947 total)

You must be logged in to reply.