I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I need to lose 6 stone. Any big girls want to buddy up?

This topic contains 944 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Lolly_ 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 947 total)

• My word Speckles, I would have given him a piece of my mind if I’d heard him. What is wrong with people?? You are absolutely right to not be defensive and he’s the one who was left looking like an a******e, while you kept your dignity. I’m a great believer in karma and I think all of the above listed by Austrian and SB will land on him!! A huge well done for not being tempted by the bakery.

SB and Speckles – completely agree. Having a blip is going to happen to all but the most strong willed of us and sometimes we just need that. As you say, the important thing is getting straight back on the horse and this forum provides such fantastic support.

Yes Speckles, I was just wondering about Caspersmum this morning actually.

Very interesting about the vibration machine. I’d wondered the same myself, so it’s interesting that your friend is getting results Austrian.

Hi Speckles.
    The holiday was challenging. Got back early hours this morning. Problem with the plane and had to wait for another plane to be flown in so was very tiring.
    Spending a week at close quarters with my other half is always difficult and I drunk way to much. I have gained 8 pounds as a result but will get back on track. On the plus side the 2 large bags of M&M’s he packed came back home in the suitcase. So that’s a positive. Yay me.
    Hope all you other ladies are doing ok.

Hi all
    Speckles – agree with all that’s been said and for staying calm. Caspersmum – welcome back and go you – back on track in no time.
    I’ve had a grrrr couple of days and today could have eaten the entire contents of the fridge in pure frustration… needless to say my planned fast day didn’t happen but as they say, tomorrow is another day… Hubby had a bump in the car – not his fault but and nobody hurt but lots of car damage. Timing is bad though – right in the middle of a really busy week with loads to do and sort out, routine up in the air, school run, kids activities and events to sort etc. we have a family weekend away planned which we’ve been looking forward to for months this coming weekend which may now be in doubt and cant be rescheduled – keep your fingers crossed we can still manage it. Change and dealing with unexpected events is inconvenient but no problem – the grrr is dealing with jobsworth insurance companies, hanging on the phone for hours to get stuff sorted etc – blood boiling and angry hat on!. Steam will be coming from my keyboard soon. I wish I liked calming camomile tea….. and breathe….

Caspersmum, those M&ms are like traveling garden gnomes!

sorry all for my earlier rant.
    Caspersmum – those M&Ms could be made even more symbolic as a visual reminder called a confidence jar – saw this ages ago
    http://www.raisinglemons.com/thoughts-2/where-does-confidence-come-from/

No need to apologise Lisa. I don’t blame you for having a rant! This forum is support for everything, not just 5:2, as we all understand that stressful, rant inducing situations are often a trigger for wanting to eat. Rant away!! Hope it all gets sorted.

Caspersmum welcome back!! You’ll be back on track in no time and those 8lbs will soon be a distant memory!! And well done on bringing those darn M&Ms back with you!

Lisa – ahh what a crap stressful week you are having at the moment I really hope you get sorted and are able to go away this weekend! I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

I do feel good not to have eaten the M&M’s. My husband did ask if Id eaten them but I replied with gusto Nooo, their in the suitcase. Enjoyed that moment. He’s away for the next week with his friends so it will be a whole week of peace, ahhhhh.

Hi Skyblu69
    I’m really feeling the 8 pounds back on my body and I really don’t like it and I don’t think my body does either. My ankles are swollen and my face looks like a hamster. Its really an incentive to get it off ASAP.

That’s the spirit Caspersmum – get back in the saddle!! You will shift them soon enough!!!

It’s Friday weigh day for me today and I’ve shifted 0.75 of a pound!! There would have been a time I would have been greatly disappointed, however, 0.75 of a pound is 1 and a half packs of butter gone from my body! I would have been more disappointed to find that I had put on 0.75 so I’ll take that loss and be happy with it!!!!

Poor hubby has stayed the same again this week. I’m not sure what is happening with him. He’s not cheating I know he’s not and he’s doing everything he can. He’s cut down on his non-fast days, he’s exercising everyday with half an hour on the bike in the morning and another shorter session the evening after work. he’s also lifting weights, quite heavy ones too. Only for about 15 minutes a day so I’m wondering if he’s building muscle? I can see his T-shirts are becoming looser on him and in fact two people commented last week that he looked like he’d lost weight but it’s frustrating for him not to see it on the scale. I know the scale is the devil but I wish he could see a downward trend. Sometimes I think I’m more disappointed than he is. He weighed himself this morning, saw he was the same, was a little disappointed but got right on the bike and carried on. He’s a trouper If it were me I’d be so tempted to give up. Maybe I should look at what we are eating and try and change things subtly, more veg, less carbs maybe. Oh well onwards and (hopefully) downwards!!

Have a lovely Friday and weekend all!!

That is great SB! As you say, 1 1/2 packs of butter is fabulous and a downwards trend is just brilliant. Oooh, I feel for your hubby. He sounds as though he is doing fantastically though and yes, I agree that he’s probably building muscle which is why he’s not seeing it on the scales. Maybe he could measure his waist so that he might see a difference on a tape measure instead? He really is a trouper! What a great person to be doing the 5:2 with. It’s fantastic that you can do it together.

I’ve mentioned this before but a plateau for any length of time can sometimes be caused by a build up of toxins that are released as we lose fat. Might be worth looking at? I know it sounds a bit daft but there’s plenty of research on it and there are ways to get your body back to shifting weight.

Have a great weekend everyone and hope the sun shines for you all.

Ooooh DPM, are you still out there? Keep forgetting to say that I bought some kefir grains and we now have wonderful, home fermented kefir on tap. It’s wonderful and couldn’t be easier.

Well done, SB.

I promised myself I wouldn’t record my weight until I saw a new low after a couple of weeks bouncing around the same couple of kilos. So this morning I was delighted to see I was 1kg down on my previous lowest weight. Woo-hoo! That’s a total of 14 gone – or almost 2 stone 3 pounds.

Thanks NG!! That’s definitely worth looking into about the toxins I will definitely google this and see what I can find about it.

MMeMonkey fantastic news!! Another kilo bites the dust well done!!!

That is fab news MmeM!!

Thanks, guys.

Had a nice fillip yesterday evening. I was walking to the station after work and decided on a whim to call in at the clothes shop I pass on the walk. I have an evening work thing next week and could do with a new outfit. Picked out a silky black dress with a big rose print and a navy blue jumpsuit (they seem to be back!). Both had zips up the back. I would normally avoid anything with zips or buttons like the plague, but I thought I’d try them on; if they didn’t fit, well never mind. Tried on the dress first expecting the zip to stop halfway up my back, but it went up! And the dress looked OK, with tights and heels it would look pretty good. The jump suit also no problem, zipped up fine. I might have needed a smaller size, as I was drowning in the material. It didn’t suit my shape at all (I’m short waisted and curvy, I think you need to be tall and willowy), so I decided not to buy it, but I got the silky dress.

OMG, I’m out of control. Husbands away so looked forward to a hassle free week and getting back on track but instead I just want to eat everything in sight. Cant believe what I ate yesterday. Its been eating for the sake of eating. Not been this bad for a long time. I was hoping admitting this on this forum will make me feel guilty but I don’t. How bad am I. Going to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

Big hug caspersmum. Getting out for some fresh air was a great idea and I hope that you’re feeling better. It’s good not to feel guilty about eating. I’m sure every single one of us on this thread can relate to going completely overboard and eating just for the sake of it. You already took the first step to getting back on track by posting on here and getting out of the house. Both myself and MmeM went off track last week too (I ate a LOT of crap). It’s probably going to happen to most of us. Be strong. You can get back on the right path and we’re all here to support you.

MmeM that’s great!!

My weigh in today and I’ve lost the 1/2 lb that went on last week after my own bingeing, plus another 4 lbs, so 4 1/2 lbs loss in total this week, bringing me down to 13 st 6 lbs! Over the moon is an understatement.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone

Thank you NorthernGal.
    Went a bit haywire. Cant quite understand why. I’ve got some peace and quiet for a change and normally its triggered by a situation at home but I’m on my own this week. Something feels wrong as I’m not sleeping well and feel very strange. Maybe I’m sickening for something. Will keep myself busy and go out lots and hopefully get back on track.
    Well done on your weight loss. I would love to be 13st 6lbs. Maybe one day.

Caspersmum, please don’t feel guilty, that will only stress you out more?
    It’s one day at a time, if one day is messed up, maybe it will work better tomorrow.

You seem to be in an extremely stressful situation with your difficult husband, and this affects your body not only for the moment, but long term. So if your husband isn’t present and YOU relax, your body might still be stressed out, with elevated cortisol levels and what have you. Maybe try yoga or some breathing exercises, this works for me every time. There are many good yoga videos on youtube.

Anyway, best of luck, I hope you’ll have a better day tomorrow! I’ll be thinking of you.

Yes Austrian I do feel my life is very unsettled. Its been going on for years but you carry on because of your family. The problem now is I don’t accept my husbands behaviour and so there’s friction between us all the time. I know I have to do something and I’m losing weight to boost my self esteem which is all part of it.
    It just seems to be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back at the moment. I’m cooking for the family tomorrow then Ill get back on track.
    I may be joining a theatre group making props and costumes soon. I’m told I have a particular talent making things. I do love arts and crafts and used to volunteer at our local school but I had a problem with my other half as he doesn’t believe in doing something for nothing. I do miss it.
    Sorry for the doom and gloom, its just been a bad couple of days.

Caspersmum, I think it’s great that you are going to volunteer for the theatre group – no matter what your husband thinks. I used to run a drama group at school, it was such exhilarating, wonderful, creative work – and I’ve always found that any volunteer work was greatly appreciated. I’m convinced it will boost your self esteem. Any specific play in the works yet?
    I know from my parents’ marriage how difficult life with a complicated partner can be, I sincerely wish you strength and joy as you go about changing the situation so it’s more acceptable to you.
    Good luck for tomorrow!

caspersmum-

That didn’t sound like doom and gloom in the least! It sounded like you are dealing with challenges life has handed you and ready to take them on realistically and head on. And, in the process, you’re doing something affirming and interesting for yourself that will also benefit your larger community.

To me, that is the exact antithesis of doom and gloom. That is confident, forward-looking bravery. I am EXTREMELY proud of you!!!

Yes Austrian, they are doing Rock of Ages. I don’t know that musical but it should be interesting. I am looking forward to it really, just a bit nervous.
    We all have life challenges, I’m just tired of it all. I’ve brought up 3 daughters, mostly on my own. I suppose I just want looking after occasionally.

Thank you for you positive comments.

Thank you Chubster. I am trying to change things.

How are you feeling this morning caspersmum? Doing props for a theatre group sounds like a wonderful idea. Not only will you make new friends and get out of the house, but doing crafts is wonderfully therapeutic and calming and may help you cope with the difficult situation at home a bit better.

Just read your post again and that your husband doesn’t believe in doing something for nothing. No wonder you struggle to be with him. Giving something without expecting anything in return is one of life’s joys and is a gift in itself.
    I really hope your situation can be resolved soon. You’ve already shown that you have strength and I’m sure you have the strength to do whatever needs to be done for YOU.

Good morning Northerngal.
    Feeling much better this morning. Eating has slowed down now. Will get back on track next week.
    I’ve been married nearly 40 yr’s and naively I expected things to change but 10 yr’s ago I realised it never would and its been down hill ever since. I suppose I’m quite traditional in views about marriage but these days I feel life’s to short to be unhappy. I’m not confident enough at the moment to do anything radical but hopefully Ill improve.
    I see your a Northerngal. What area are you from. I’m from the north west of the UK near Manchester.

Really pleased you’re feeling better this morning caspersmum. And yes, you’re absolutely right about life being too short to be unhappy. And about people not changing (ie your husband). Unless of course they really want to, which doesn’t seem to be the case.
    I’m born and bred Blackpool. I moved away when I was 18 and travelled and lived all over, then returned to Blackpool in 2008. Not by choice in the slightest but life has a funny way of turning up trumps when you least expect it and after having my son in 2013 I’m now delighted to be in Blackpool as my mum is just up the road and it’s great to see her whenever I want.
    SB and MmeM are also from the Manchester area!! In fact I reckon that if we digged deep enough SB and I would know somebody in common. It’s a small world…

Wow your not far at all. I’m actually in Rochdale. Its a dump but my 3 daughters live local so I get to see my grandchildren lots which I love. One of my son in laws was a soldier and he was stationed at Weeton barracks. We also used to visit Fleetwood a lot as my in-laws loved it there. So SB and MmeM are local girls to. Its a small world.
    Its nice to have your mum so close. I spend lots of time with my youngest daughter. She has a 2 yr old and is due with her second baby at the end of June. I am very attached to Freddie the 2 yr old. He is a lovely child and soooo cute. I love him so much. I love all my grandchildren but I’m more attached to him. I have 4 at the moment. 2 yrs – 13 yrs but I spend more time with Freddie, its just circumstances.
    Got a Birthday cake to ice and a Mexican feast to prepare. Have a good day.

Hi caspersmum! Hope you’re feeling better today. We all have bad days, don’t worry about. We actually sent out for pizza last night to eat while we watched the Eurovision Song Contest.

I am indeed from the Manchester area, but south of you. Closer to Stockport. I live and work in London now though.

Hi MmeMonkey
    Better today thank you.
    I watched the Eurovision song contest and was surprised who won. Wasn’t a great song. It’s got so political now.

Lucky you escaping the dreary north to live in the south. Our town is dying, full of pound and mobile phone shops. We still have a small M & S but most of the better shops have closed. Even McDonalds has gone from our high street. If it wasn’t for my family I would move away.

Iv’e decided next week will be a better week. Well, that’s the plan.

Caspersmum, I am so glad you are feel better this morning and you have received a lot of wise advice from the girls. Also how lovely to have that connection to NGal, MMe and SkyB and living in the same vicinity.
    I know it isn’t down the road but in Australia we have such vast distances (my dad is 8hrs drive away) but still in the same state.) that Manchester – Blackpool are practically neighbours to us.

Isn’t Blackpool where Rick Stein had his first restaurant?

I also agree that volunteering for the play will do you no end of good and you will meet some wonderful people as well. If you haven’t seen Rock of Ages, you may be able to get it out on DVD and get a heads up for costume/ design etc.

LA so nice to see you back, we missed you!

I’ve not had the best of weekends with a rare social weekend and a bit too much eating at same. Went to a concert last night with my friend with the alcohol problem. She bought a bottle of wine ( I rarely drink at all) but I helped her drink it so she couldn’t have it. I am trying to work out if that was stupid on my part as it didn’t benefit me at all or if it was worthwhile by saving myself from watching her drink it all and worrying about her.

Maybe I will avoid that scenario in future.

Austrian, thanks for your reply about the vibration machine. I have decided to buy one but the prices are all over the place so just need to nut out who is selling and who will refund if it doesn’t suit me. The thing that concerns me is that I have rods all up my spine and I don’t want them to wobble out of alignment. ( I can see a cartoon character here)

Mme, how lovely to bet a new outfit! You must be very proud and happy. Well done

Fitandfab, we haven’t heard from you for a while or DPM. I hope you are both just lurking.

Have a good week everyone and I really love the idea about putting the M+Ms in a confidence jar. Sort of I CAN DO IT!

“I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them that no longer serve me. I am safe being slim.”

Speckles, how lucky you are living in Australia. Its one of my favourite places. I could live there no problem. We visited a few years ago and I didn’t want to leave. Im well travelled as I spent many years living in the Philippines and Nigeria in west Africa. Mostly grew up abroad. Didn’t come back to the UK till I was 16 yr’s old. I met my husband and eventually my parents went back abroad to live in South Africa and retired there. We have been over to see them every year since then. We have also done India, China, New Zealand plus many other countries.

Will have a look at Rock of Ages and look at the costumes.
    I think Rick Steins restaurant was in Cornwall but wouldn’t swear to it.
    Enjoy Oz, Im so envious.

Hi everyone!

Things have been a little..hard..recently so haven’t had much time to myself.

Luckily my LO has gone to bed early and I can try and catch up!

I am still in 5:2, last weigh in I had lost a total of 20 pounds 😀 Not bad for 6 weeks work. I can definitely see a difference in my before and after shot. Not sure how I can upload to here to show you.

Next goal is to lose another 8 to bring it to 2 stone for a wedding I have in just over 3 weeks. Slim chance but going to keep trying. Hope you are all okay x

Good morning everyone just catching up on everyone’s posts from the weekend. Caspersmum, bless you, you have had a struggle lately but I’m very proud of your outlook you seem to be getting everything in control now and dealing with it in a great way. The Theatre Group is a fab idea – how nice to be able to use your talent in such a way. I know you are going to enjoy it and good for you why shouldn’t you!! It’s lovely you have wonderful grandchildren you are close to as well – how nice that must be!! Like NG says I am also from the Manchester area – Wythenshawe to be precise so a little more closer to MMe in Stockport. Like MMe I left to go and live and work in London and now we are in Leicestershire so have moved around a bit! I too think if NG and I digged down a bit more we would probably know someone in common! My aunt, uncle and 5 cousins left Manchester and moved to Blackpool in the early 80s when we were all children and they are all still there.

NG – 4½ POUNDS!!! That’s absolutely AMAZING!! You are doing wonderfully well!! I’m so pleased and proud for you NG.

LA You are back!! We were all a bit worried about you so glad to see you back!

NSMN good to have you back too! 20lbs in six weeks – absolutely amazing!!! Well done!!

Well, I’ve had another little blip this weekend – ate like an absolute PIG!! On Saturday I had nearly 3000 caloires – 3000!!!!!!! Disgusted with myself but at the same time so what? I had a GREAT Time ha ha!! Back in the saddle this week, probably won’t lose anything this week but hey ho there’s always next week!

I love this forum, we support each other when we have blips and are stuggling and we are here to congratulate each other and cheer each other on when we are doing well!

Have a lovely week all!!

Good morning all. Time to put the blips behind us. Seem to have lost the binging urge which is great. Feel so different today. FD today so back on track.

NG- Amazing. 4 1/2 pounds is really good. You must be very focused.

NSMN- 20lbs in 6 weeks is absolutely amazing. You must feel really pleased.

Skyblue69- My daughter studied medicine in Leicester so lived there for several years. She enjoyed living there there.

Thank you all for your support it really helped.

Hi everyone
    In the last few posts you’ve written what I was thinking – great to hear from those who’ve been away for a while and some amazing losses reported – you must all feel great and this forum is indeed fab support.
    We made it to our planned trip after all. Wonderful time had by all, about 30 of us all together and I feel shattered today which might be down to a little too much sun and am recovering via a FD. SB, like you, I ate like a pig (mass cookout – BBQ and campfire to blame) and scales showed a small gain when I checked the damage this morning but hey ho – don’t care either. Funny enough, despite the alcohol flowing I didn’t fancy it at all – that’s a bonus at least. Got to be good and stay organised this week as lots more shenanigans planned over the next few weeks.

Caspersmum that’s the spirit shove the blip to the back!! So glad you feel different and a lot better today!!

Lisa really glad you made it to the weekend away – sounds like you had a fabulous time!! Mmm love a BBQ! Yeah so what – we both stuffed our faces this weekend but we can get right back on it now!

Onwards and downwards!!

SB

Gosh it doesn’t rain but it pours. Lots of lovely and encouraging posts from all.
    Caspermum, I do love living in Australia and wouldn’t swap it for anywhere in the world though Canada would be a close second and I would love to live in the UK for a while. I tried to get a Brit passport due to heritage but got knocked back on technical reasons. Bummer!
    I was fortunate to have a Dad who worked for Qantas so we travelled a lot as kids then continued to do so as an adult. Now I work as a travel agent (last 6 yrs) but alas they no longer give discount to us, so travelling now is mainly educationals (which we pay a hefty fee for). You sound like you had a lovely childhood and a very interesting one at that.

Lisa, glad you got away and had a great time and nothing like a FD to make you feel better and on track again.

NG 4.5 lbs is great. I gave away 1.1 kg to a skinny person who needs to put on weight this week and I hope those fat cells expand as rapidly on him/her as they did on me.

NSMN- at this rate you will not only fit into that longed for wedding outfit but need a smaller size. Well done you and determination ++, especially as things have been a bit rough.

SB, I love how you write, you have a lovely flow with your words. Don’t be surprised if you do drop a lb or so this week as I am sure your blow out wasn’t for the whole week. Onwards and downwards as you said.

I bit the bullet and ordered a vibration machine today. Probably be a week before I get it but it is on its way! I will keep you informed of the progress.

I am off to bed now as it is well past the witching hour. Cheers

“I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them that no longer serves me. I am safe being slim.”

Good Afternoon (evening/night) Ladies! Thanks Everyone. I can honestly say that I’m not being particularly disciplined. After my pig out last week, I’m definitely being more mindful about what I put in my mouth, but not overly so. I started taking apple cider vinegar for my rosacea (along with a host of other things). Nor sure it’s done much for my skin, but I’m certain that’s what’s stopped my terrible acid and who knows, maybe there’s a reason there’s an apple cider vinegar diet and it’s helping my weight loss?

Glad that you’re feeling so positive today caspersmum, that’s fab! Yes, we are very close. Interesting that you used to visit Fleetwood. It actually has a pretty bad reputation but it is has retained its original seafront without any awful monstrosities being built, so I really like it. I’m in Bispham, so Fleetwood is only 15 min drive away. If you ever fancy a visit to Blackpool/Fleetwood do let me know and we could meet up. Freddie sounds gorgeous and I’d love to meet him. He could meet my little fella and we could ooh and aah over them! Did you enjoy India? I worked there for 18 months and it felt like going home. I LOVE everything about it – the vibrancy, the sounds and colours, the smells (even the bad ones!) and the people are wonderful.

SB I LOVE your attitude. I too thought “so What” after my huge blip last week, because I also enjoyed it!! You are much braver than me with your calorie counting though. If I go past 2000, I just decide that I don’t need to know! As you say, you can just get back in the saddle and who knows, the scales may surprise you.

Speckles, 1.1 kg is fab!! Well done!! How generous to give them to a skinny person, hehe! I wish Rick Stein’s restaurant was in Blackpool. Blackpool wasn’t really known outside the UK for anything until last year when Tim Burton made a film here with Samuel L Jackson and although it’s not been released yet, the Tweets that went out seem to have put Blackpool a but more on the international map and it’s wonderful to hear lots of foreign visitors in Blackpool now as well. Rods up your spine sounds painful Speckles….I’m really looking forward to hearing how the vibration machine goes. I read your post quickly and misread what you wrote first time around!!

Well done NSMN!

Good morning all! Speckles 1.1kg!!! That’s fab news well done! What a lucky skinny person I hope they were grateful!!

NG/Speckles I’m keeping my fingers crossed for my Friday weigh in but don’t have my hopes too high this week as I really did have a blow out for the whole weekend not just Saturday, however come Monday and I’ve been walking like there’s no tomorrow!!! Yesterday I managed to do 18,827 steps and I’m hoping to keep that momentum up for the whole week and I have dropped my calories drastically too so who knows? Bit of damage limitation I call it! Fasting today and Thursday this week so happy fasting all!!

Wow SB, that’s great with the number of steps!!! I’m sure it will make a difference. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you for your weigh in on Friday. Have a good fast day!

Thanks NG!!!

Good morning all. The weight loss of some of you gals is impressive. You all must be so focused. I however, started my fast day feeling very positive but it was down hill for the rest of the day. Trying again today.

Northern Gal- We know Bispham, my husband has family from there. I remember visiting an auntie of his years ago. There could still be some but I don’t know who they are. Im not a fan of Fleetwood but my in-laws loved it so we spent most Sundays there.

Skyblue69- That’s an impressive number of steps. I need to get back on my treadmill but I have a damaged knee and my patella is rubbing on the bottom of my femur. It means I cant walk very far as the pain gets awful. I’m also going to physio for a rotator cuff tear. I did it catching a falling box, very painful and restricting. Hopefully the shoulder will mend but the knee requires a replacement. Its so frustrating when I have so many things I need to do. My garden is a jungle.

Speckles- Your weight loss is very impressive, well done.
    My second favourite place is also Canada. I could also live over there. Its a shame about the passport. I wish the authorities applied that to some others. Not to keen on India really. It has some impressive sights but we had a private tour and guide and wasn’t impressed with our guides view of the cast system or women. We are thinking of visiting Australia again in the near future but I have to build up the the flight, its a killer.

Well done all you ladies. Keep up the good work.

NG/caspersmum one of my cousins is in Bispham – it’s such a small world!!

Caspersmum – your knee and shoulder sound so painful!!! Walking would be detrimental to you I think – would something like swimming help maybe as it doesn’t put so much pressure on the knees?

Skyblue69 – It is a small world. maybe we could be distant relatives, you never know.

My shoulder I injured catching a box that fell off a shelf and Physio says it should improve eventually but will take a while. The the knee is a problem and has been for a while. I started having problems 10 yrs ago after our Great Dane ran into my knee. Its never been the same since. I’m now told that my patella is out of line and has rubbed on my Femur causing lots of problems. As for the swimming, I would love to but I’m afraid I cant face putting on a swim suit with my body. I’m very pear shaped and I look ridiculous. I do admire big people who go swimming regardless of their weight but I cant do it. I just feel panic at the thought of it. I’m the same when I have to fly, I just get so terrified at the thought the seat belt wont fasten. My husband constantly wants to go on holidays, always abroad so its a regular thing. I hate it.

I understand Caspersmum, I really do. I always panic too, we go on holiday (going on hols in November this year) but I always have a bit of a panic about swimsuit wearing beforehand, I need to psych myself up if you know what I mean. I kind of tell myself I’ll never see these people again, but I do stay covered up on my sunbed with a sarong or something. When I want to go in the pool or sea, its a quick dash, sarong off at pool side and in the water quick as a flash, and getting out is just the same, you’ve never seen me move so quick!! Sarongs, dark glasses and a book to hide behind work wonders for me on holiday!!!!

I understand everything your saying Skyblue but I’ve had body issues since I was a teenager even though I was curvy but a normal size. If I could go back and tell my young self about how I’ve become I think I would have been different now. Its a terrible thing to admit but I never went swimming with my children. How bad am I.

I’m on a fast day again having failed yesterday. Just cant get back into my stride.

Bless you Caspersmum you’re not bad at all. I was an overweight child and I remember the school weighing all the pupils, well then the school told my mum I needed to go on a diet and attend ‘special classes’ I was mortified and I remember crying all the way home. This was in junior school and I was probably about 9 or 10 years old. I had body issues ever since then. It wasn’t until my very early twenties I managed to lose weight and kept it off for a few years until I reached my thirties and its crept back on more and more each year until here I am now at 47 significantly overweight for my 5 ft 1 frame. I think the important thing is we all of us are here because we are in the same boat to some extent or other and I’m so happy to have found somewhere like this for the support, camaraderie, congratulations and commiserations that we will all have along the way! You didn’t fail yesterday Caspersmum because you got right up today, dusted yourself off and have carried on. That’s not a failure in my book its darn determination!!! We will get there in the end no matter how long it will take us!!!

Oh Girls, I am so sad for you that you are denying yourself the pleasure of being in the water. Even at my worst (256 lbs. I was going to the pool most days in summer. I am fortunate enough that my mum who lives nearby has a pool that I can exercise in but it is only good for 3 months of the year so I go to the local pool for the rest of the year.

And you know what- if someone doesn’t like the way I look then it is THEIR problem not mine- I think, at least I am there doing something to help myself instead of letting THEIR judgement stop me from enjoying myself and being able to exercise freely.

There are company’s that make good strong swimsuits that hold you in more so I don’t wobble so much and these costumes usually last a lot longer in the heated pools. Caspermum, it would be SO good for your knee and I know there are a lot of older people -all shapes and sizes that also go to the pool to do specific exercises both pre and post op. Maybe there is a rehabilitation centre near you which has a pool. Something to ponder on, but don’t let other peoples judgement – or what we perceive as judgement stop you from healing yourself.

Skyblue, it is no wonder you have body issues with that sort of treatment/ expectation as a child! Can you visualise? and can I suggest that if you can, then to find a quiet place and visualise that child standing in front of you and let her know that she is perfect just the way she is and you wouldn’t want her any other way. If you can open your heart and feel yourself sending her love and connecting with that little girl, it may help to release those stored up memories and emotions. Just be gentle with yourself.

Caspermum YOU DID NOT FAIL! Maybe doing a full FD is not the best way for you. There are so many different options here and I find for myself that I just don’t eat till dinner time and 2 days I keep that under 500cals and the other days I have what I want for dinner though I try to keep off the carbs as they make me hungry. I have noticed in the last few weeks that I cant eat nearly as much as I previously did and a “normal size” dinner, while I can eat it, will give me a big tummy ache later as I am too full.
    Anyway food for thought. I know LA does a version of the 5/2 which I think she doesn’t eat till 2pm and has a window of time to eat in. (she can give you accurate details).

Cheers
    “I release all excess fat cells and any emotional baggage that is attached to them that no longer serve me. I am safe being slim.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 947 total)

You must be logged in to reply.