Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 697 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Borealis 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 698 total)

• Day 20 – Iceland – FD (2nd of B2B or maybe B2B2B?)

A large pot of bean soup is simmering on the stove, I might freeze some of it for future FDs. Hope that I managed to burn some calories today with the pre-holiday cleaning, will finish it tomorrow and then put the Christmas tree up 🙂🎄✨

@annemarilyn – thank you for the autophagy information – it is a great motivation to finally do some water fasts.
    @at – great cha-cha quote!
    @cornish-jane – If I don’t step on the scales I always feel like I have some “magic allowance”, as if my food intake doesn’t count if it isn’t registered by the scales…😅
    @daffodil2010 – I was reading about Newgrange and am fascinated with it! Must be a magical place. Hope the op went well and wish your DH a speedy recovery!

Day 20 Pocket List – Stay strong fellow fasters!
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @kaywesterman
    @borealis

USA Day 20 FD

Popping in to add myself to the pocket list for another water fast!

@cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @kaywesterman
    @borealis
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    One more delivery to go…..Yay! Got another soaking today, mail heavier than ever too.
    @annemarilyn: Luckily we always get Sundays off! Normally it’s a five-day week. One other day during the week.
    @michelinme:
    @at: DD will basically only be with us for one complete day…Christmas Day. I drive over the previous evening to pick her up from her flat, and we drive her to Heathrow at about 5am on Boxing Day morning!
    @gretta: Good news on the scales for you….yay!
    @daffodil2010: Hope DH has a successful surgery and recovery; it’ll be great for him to be able to walk well again.

2nd post

Changing my NFD in a FD. While clothes shopping in my favourite shop (closing down in 3 weeks) this morning I suddenly got myself into a weight loss challenge with another customer, unknown to me. I tried on a nice dress,a Canadian size 8,it only just fitted me. I said to the lovely saleswoman it would fit better after losing a few kg. The other lady looked at me and asked me if I really wanted to lose weight and how much. I told her I’d like to lose 5 kg. She asked me if I wanted to do a little challenge with her, lose 5 kg until the end of January 2019. I agreed, she was in a hurry and gave me her business card and asked me to e-mail her. Had to go on the scales at home, weight 60,1 kg, a bit more than expected. It was a bit weird but funny.

Pocket list day 20

@cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @kaywesterman
    @borealis
    @ccco
    @snowflake56 1st of B2B2B2B

Day 20, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I’ve been absent from here for a couple of days now. I’ve been spending my time holding my new granddaughter Eve and preparing for Christmas lunch etc. my granddaughter Eve just loves me talking and singing to her. She calms down immediately when she is crying to be fed and I talk or sing to her. Of course her mother and I give her her feed as soon as possible. Her mother, my daughter, is breast feeding her but most times she expresses her breast milk and gives it to my granddaughter in a bottle. This is because her breasts are very tender and a bit inflamed and my granddaughter Eve prefers the bottle as milk flows quicker. Eve has a very good appetite just like her grandmother, myself 🙂

I haven’t done one fd and I don’t think I’ll attempt or succeed to do one until next month. I’m visiting two of my sister in laws tomorrow to give them Christmas gifts and we have some get together and party coming up.

Have a evening/ night everyone.

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Maintaining. That is good.

Oh, my Irish (and all) music lovers: do you know this Christmas carol? It was new to me, posted on Facebook by one of my local choir sopranos. Very lovely, and was new to me. Yo-Yo Ma and Alison Krauss creating a hauntingly beautiful blend.

https://www.chonday.com/33602/alisyoma6/?fbclid=IwAR0yc53Ph_Hd6f3Q4gnjvP7HDalH_WvYGpoUSDbUU830TlK9uG5iQR59N34

Onward and downward.

USA Day 20 FD

SongBirdMe, thanks for sharing! That was very beautiful!

Day 20, Guildford UK, NFD

Just checking in and keeping on truckin.

HP moustache tummy still moustaching.

Mari

Day 20 FD

Just checking in at the end of a long but successful FD, yay! OMAD supper of baked sweet potato, cheese & spring onion plus sprouts and a couple of clementines. Somehow I’ve resisted the HUGE amount of food in the house, and especially resisting the bar of cadbury’s fruit & nut that I only bought to give to someone else! Good practice resisting temptation, and telling myself i can have it tomorrow if i really want it – but why would i?! 🙂

Today was mostly about shopping, which somehow took around 4.5hrs!…mostly bc I did my mother’s massive shop as well as my own, and each in different areas. My friend and I were singing carols as we brought in my mother’s shopping and my mother stopped what she was doing to join in. She’s not been well enough to go to church for a while, and is just getting going after catarct surgery last week, so it was her first Christmas sing this year. After In the Bleak Midwinter she was in tears – fortunately moved rather than miserable 🙂

My house is slowly coming together and getting organised, as is the food & the presents. But basically I’ve got far more to do than I can fit in the next few days and not quite sure what’s going to get left out.Often it’s the important things, and then i lose sleep. I’ve Still not written a card tho got presents posted off today – NB all lightweight ones @ciren2 🙂

Lots of wrapping and some baking to do now, but back to project work first thing tomorrow after a couple of days off. I’ve pared it down to what has to be done before Christmas and hopefully can plough thru from 10-4. At the moment we don’t have a tree, bc the ones that were left were too big for the available space. Not sure whether to go out for emergency tree hunt tomorrow or simply leave it and be VERY unpopular. Watch this space…

Sorry to post and run.

@songbirdme thank you, i love the Wexford carol 🙂 I’ve often sung Rutter’s acapella arrangment, which is 4-part(SATB) harmony with baritone solo

Bed! x

Day 21 – Japan – WFD #92

Been pretty busy so I didn’t mention my NFDs! Actually I take NFDs pretty seriously. I had a couple days in a row with extreme amount of walking ~35km in two days. (Extreme for me) Last night I was really hungry. So far today I’m only slightly hungry. We’ll see how it goes.

Day 21 FD, Melb Aust;
    day 20 NFD
    day 19 FD

Well, my 19th FD ended up around 1000 cals, not planned. Sigh. NFD yesterday under my TDEE, so that’s okay, and today – so far managing. I’m on the computer to write Christmas emails, but thought I’d check in.

Sounds like everyone is really busy with Christmas shopping and events. I’m trying to avoid the shops now; my Christmas shopping is done and I just buy Christmas treats which then sit on my shelves begging “eat me, eat me!” So far I’m mainly resisting the eating, but it would be better to resist the buying.

@matpi, glad the dental appointment went well, especially in the food area.

@ciren2, great you get a LONG weekend and are nearly at your break.

@michelinme, did you find a Christmas tree? Because I have a cat, I usually don’t have one – the baubles on the tree are just too tempting. Miss it though.

Day 20 Ohio, US NFD

Still taking ibuprofen, but was able to cook breakfast and supper. Had lunch with some friends at a Mexican restaurant and ate lightly there, so I stayed pretty close to the TDEE.

@betsylee Allergies keep me from having a live tree, so for many years now I’ve used a 2 foot (61 cm) tall plaster tree. It’s painted nicely and all the baubles are painted on also. It also makes setting up that part of the decorations quite quick. Maybe something like that wouldn’t attract your kitty’s attention too much.

@songbirdme The Wexford carol is one of my favorites and Allison Kraus and Yo-Yo Ma do a very fine rendition of it. I was particularly impressed by Kraus’ performance. I know her primarily as a blue-grass singer and this was quite different. Here’s a question — does she have close to perfect pitch? It seems as though her voice was the only melody part in the piece. And I couldn’t detect a single place where she was even slightly out of tune with the harmony lines. Maybe that comes from her also being a fiddle player?

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Late check in. Was a feasting day with DH and friends. Busy and fun day. Might have been a bit above TDEE. Will catch up on posts tomorrow.
    Hope everyone had a good Thursday!.🎄🎄🎄

Day 21,Emden Germany, FD

Starting pocket list day 21

@snowflake 2nd of B2B2B2B
    @dykask WFD #92
    @betsylee

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 UK FD

Stressful days staying with my mum, she has had a bad reaction to an eye injection for wet MD, as well as prepping her Somerset home for our family Christmas.
    Thanks @at and @michelinme for FD encouragement. Now back in London and can get a couple of FD’s in before the festivities but also need to be in the kitchen with getting ahead cooking for Christmas, don’t know how that’s going to work!?!! Willpower, willpower, willpower, focus, focus…!!!!!

Good luck to all putting in a final push, in awe @snowflake56, with you for the next two days at least and @dykask for your commitment to WF.

Ta x

Pocket list day 21
    @dykask WFD #92
    @betsylee
    @dingping

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good morning on this damp and cloudy solstice morning. I don’t think the sun will light up the tomb at Newgrange this morning at sunrise. But hey, it’s the turn if the test. It’s also a full moon at winter solstice and that won’t happen again until 2094!!!!

DH’s surgery went really well, he is getting around great on crutches and he plans to be recovered very quickly. It’s going to be a busy weekend for mr though getting in all the perishable food so I plan to be up and out early tomorrow morning. All presents are bought and wrapped, so it’s just fresh food, and the turkey to get….and a bottle of Baileys!!!!!!!

Today is the prize giving for best team desks. Ours look great but another team will probably beat us, they have tons of stuff already, so our manager has sent out the word that everything sparkly has to be brought in for our desks today. It us, as we say here in Ireland, a great bit of craic 😄

I am wearing a Christmas jumper that actually has bells on it and jingles!!! I have a Christmas woolly hat and slippers and all to be worn today in the office. There are rumours of people wearing Santa and elf costumes today. ……mad place to work ha ha

So all FDs are done for 2018 ….. Not a nudge on the scales so taking the phrase du jour it’s onwards and sideways for me. I have avoided all treats in work this week, I plan to remain so today….but I fear it’s going to be nuts…..tonight DH are having takeout Italian for dinner and there will be wine. I managed a good Dry till Friday this week.

@anna6 Congratulations on baby Eve, such a joy.
    @songbirdme I love the Wexford carol, did not know it was called that though!

Good luck all you Friday fasters and have a great day everyone.

2nd post
    @shinything – have just signed the songbird petition and shared. Hope your feeling better now.
    Ta x

Day 21, London, UK, NFD

Well it’s the 1st day of my holiday today, back to work on Jan 8th, so 18 days to maintain some control!!!!

@annemarilyn, it was @jaifaim who pre-empted her wine & cheese fuelled trip to Paris with planning to remain “Onwards & Sideways” ………………………… I just borrowed it for the upcoming battle!!!

Wow @snowflake56, you’re really banking some FDs before the madness begins!!! I’ll try to throw one more in somewhere before the 25th!!

I’m glad DH is recovering well @daffodil2010, are you planning to be at the Full moon Winter Solstice in 2094!!! LOL!! It took we a while to work out it was unlikely for me, although I might make it to my 120’s with the help of 5:2 …………….. and a good plastic surgeon ……….……………& red wine is a good preservative!!!!!

Onward & sideways folks!!!! (I’m actually going downwards, but I’m banking it as wriggle or even wiggle room!!!)

Day 21, NFD, 148.8lbs

Surprise new low today, after yesterday’s 800 cal FD. My target is 150lbs so I suppose that gives me the wriggle room I’m sure to need!

Keep on keeping on folks, don’t let the festivities de-rail you too much!

Day 21 UK ?FD/CD

Yesterday’s FD finished around 800 calories – would have been under 500 but writing about the chocolate bar removed my last bit of resistance! So not exactly a balanced diet, but I’ll put the choc into the protein corner 😀 Really helpful to be encountering these temptations and knowing what I can and can’t do right now… hopefully setting me up with a bit of resolve for the external temptations of gatherings this weekend. One bite and I’m lost so it’s easier not to start!

This morning’s weekly weigh showed me back at just over 143lb – and a whole inch gone from my carbtastic tum! This despite last Sunday night’s carb dragon attack of 3 bagels, which just goes to show what a week of balance will do. I’m thinking about making today a FD – which would be my 4th this week – it’s great to take food off the agenda for a busy day and focus instead on drinking plenty of water.

On the other end of balance… My fridge is crammed with fresh fruit & veg, with most of Christmas dinner veg sitting in a lidded bucket outside the back door – my spare larder, with built-in wildlife protection! I also seem to have a pile of cheese,Christmas pud, cream, stollen, pain au chocolat and a few chocolate biscuits – plus lots of baking things! But I’m pretty confident there’s not SO much that it’ll derail me for long. (Adding *not shopping* to my list for January)

I’ve still not decided about a tree yet – thinking I’ll text the lovely man down the road and see if the one I saw yesterday is still there? I’m sure my DD can find a way to make it fit when she comes over tomorrow. Always a bit of a struggle bc I’m allergic to the most common sort – asthma and skin blisters – so slightly mor elimited supply. My Christmas tree dramas are the stuff of legend among family & friends…inc the year the police seized a warehouse full of illegally-traded trees leading to a stark shortage in SW London. After 4 days’ fruitless searching I repotted the potted one which had died over the autumn, sprayed its dead branches with gold paint and hung the lights & baubles anyway 😀

Speaking of busy days – not actually done any project work yet bc distracted! Now there are people waiting for things that have to get there today-aagh! here goes…

Day 21 Wales NFD

Maintenance still going well. After good FD yesterday my weigh in this morning showed me at the lower end of my maintenance range, a good place to be before the feasting begins…..I won’t weigh in again until the end of the month when I really hope not to exceed the top of my range, but I intend to enjoy some quality Christmas treats, this year I won’t mindlessly eat junk but will slowly savour the rich goodies not normally on my menu. Realistically I am prepared for some weight gain as it is just too much to hope for to stay Sideways after I’ve indulged in the planned Baileys and chocs! At least I know we’ll be together in January to quickly tackle the Christmas gains, a few good FDs will get us back on the Sideways and Downwards track.

Have a good Friday everyone, enjoy the holiday preparations….I’m looking forward to a glass of red by the twinkling lights of the tree this evening.

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Keeping busy with lots of activities. Thank you all for your feedback on the Wexford Carol.
    @redrockgirl302 – there is a nice version of it by the Celtic Women! Their concert is amazing, isn’t it? I saw them a couple years ago.
    @michelinme – I love John Rutter’s work – compositions as well as his arranging – but did not know that rendition with the baritone solo.
    @matpi – it does say on one website that Alison Krauss has perfect pitch, so no surprise at her rendition. I’ve got it too (a mixed blessing) and it is quite rare. I’ve read only 1/10,000 people have it.

@daffodil 2010 – jingle bells on your clothes??! Merry merry to you!

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Well, whaddya know? Another unplanned FD yesterday, albeit 840 cals…I’ll take it! I’m determined to get down to my goal for the month (148) and I still have 10 days to do it, so here goes.

USA Day 21

Another FD today but nota water fast! I’ve had quite a few this week and weighed myself today for the week. Ugh, I actually gain 2 lbs. Therefore, today is another FD but not water FD. I drank some wine this week and I think I am very carb sensitive, so we are back on the wagon again! I thought I could have wine at least on the weekends. Now I think I will have to wait until I reach my goal, which I hope will be very soon. I will have to be careful with Christmas dinner, though.

In any case, I am glad to see everyone is having fun enjoying the season. Have a great day, everyone! 🙂

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Just realised at last we have reached the shortest day. Thank goodness!
    My last day of Christmas Pressure at Royal Mail. My long weekend (every 6 weeks) has fallen this weekend…so no work until next Thursday for me! Most fellow postmen still have tomorrow and Monday to deliver.
    @anna6: Great to hear you getting quality time with little Eve.
    @missybear: Good that you’re doing well in maintenance; as you say, the lower end is the best place to be right now as feasting begins!
    @flourbaby: 18 days! That’s a long holiday…there was me thinking my five was great as many only get two. Enjoy and rest.
    @daffodil2010: Glad DH is doing well. Soon be getting his running shoes on, eh?

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Planning on keeping this a WFD through 24 hours then maybe add in one of my “fauxbucks” drinks. Fasting through noon tomorrow when a lefsa feast is planned at my former “inlaws” extended family festivities. Should be a 40 hour fast hopefully.

@metatauta – you are determined, even in this season! You’re helping me stay on target with today’s fast.

@songbirdme – the Wexford Carol was a new one for me. Thanks for sharing. I love so much of the music at Christmas time!

@fatfingers – congrats on a new low!

Pocket list day 21
    @dykask WFD #92
    @betsylee
    @dingping
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Blessings on this 1st day of Winter, at least in the north!

Day 21, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Daffodil2010 thanks. Ciren2 I try to spread much time as possible with baby Eve but today I went to the Christmas school concert of my other two granddaughters, one was dressed as St Mary beside St Joseph and the other was a Chinese girl and had to stand on tiptoe to speak her phrase on the microphone as the others were taller and bigger then her but she got a bigger applause because of her obvious effort. Where was I oh I also had to go to the dentist and he took an XTray of my month and now I’m on antibiotics for ten days and painkillers for seven days and as I’m allergic to penicillin I cannot take alcohol these coming ten days. So no wine and liquors for me.

Have a great night everyone.

Day 21 – Iceland – FD

Seem to have gained 2kgs this week🙀 so planning to fast until 6pm Christmas Eve… Yesterday’s FD was going very well until late in the evening when I gave in to a couple of chocolate covered marzipan nougat bars, which got me to total of 1800cals instead of the previous 400🙈

Pocket list day 21
    @snowflake 2nd of B2B2B2B
    @dykask WFD #92
    @betsylee
    @dingping
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn
    @borealis

Day 21 second post

Yay for extra FDs! Been flat out juggling project stuff and not moved from laptop, but so many bright sides to the day. I’ve finished everything except a grant application & can otherwise now take a break until 7 January.Plus I’ve only had water and a marmite tea today so an unplanned extra FD.

Plus I have a tree – trimmed to size and delivered to its resting place by the wonderfully kind tree man, who also gave me a discount and free delivery. All reday for DD and her friends to decorate tomorrow – yay

To quote @missybear- “I intend to enjoy some quality Christmas treats, this year I won’t mindlessly eat junk but will slowly savour the rich goodies not normally on my menu.” That!

Day21 2nd post

Me too for @missybear‘s post and @michelinme‘s retweet…..

Day 21, Guildford UK, NFD

Checking in, catching up on posts. Still 4 more threads to read.

Happy longest night of the year.

Mari

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Happy Winter/Summer Solstice to all!
    Went to Trader Joe’s today for last grocery shopping before Christmas. Had to buy an apple tart because I don’t have enough sweet stuff. Of course I do. But it looked so yummy. And it is yummy as I had to try it right away. 😊😄😅
    Then DH and I were off to the Natural History Museum to check out the new Maya Exhibition. Then an Americano and a Latte with a cheese cake to share in the museum coffee shop. After that we went over to the botanical garden and walked a round and afterwards walked back home. So another day walking over 8 miles.

@songbirdme: Yes, the Celtic Women performed this Irish Carol! 🎶🎵

Seems all of you are busy preparing for Christmas. It is really a very nice time of the year! 🎄🌲🎄

Hope you all had a good Friday! 😊😊😊

Day 22 – Japan – NFD

Busy day … even had to give up my exercise routine today.

Day 22, Emdem Germany, FD

despite being all so busy with Christmas preparations and festivities, many of you are doing so well.

@flourbaby I underestimated my weight (wishful thinking) and with Chrismas and two birthday parties coming I have to watch out. Enjoy your holiday!

@dingping, perhaps we’re not the only ones fasting today, a few others may join us.

@daffodil2010 glad you’re DH is fine. You must have had a lot of fun at work with all the desk decorations and the dressing up.

@ciren2 enjoy your days off and being with your DD before she leaves.

Pocket list day 22

@snowflake56 3rd of B2B2B2B

Have a great day everyone!

Day 22 UK CD

Woke up with an awful headache and burning joint pain in all my troublesome joints. Not sure if this is a post-fast thing or the first sign of a weird virus. keeping my fingers crossed I’m not going to be sick over Christmas – both my DD and my 80yo mother relying on me to host & not give them flu! Just had a banana and hoping to feel less nauseous soon.

So liberating not to be working or rushing around shopping etc. It feels like a luxury that I get to stay home and tidy, wrap and bake and my DD is coming over to decorate the tree later. This is the most on top of preparation I’ve been in years, and I’ve a sense that I could really enjoy the time with loved ones rather than rushing around exhausted.

Wishing you all a good day, whatever it holds. And a special shout out to those who are sick or struggling, have family issues to carry or are particularly sad at this time.

Day 22 U.K. FD

Busy busy like everyone else and consumed by Christmas!

Last chance for me to get an FD in before the festivities, good luck everyone.

@snowflake56 – you are such a pro!

Pocket list day 22
    @dingping

Ta x

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@snowflake 56 and @dingping have a good FD
    Happily busy, gift wrapping to do 🎁 just checking in to keep myself accountable 🙂

Day 22 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to make today a FD mostly because I don’t see when one can be done in the foreseeable future!

Enjoy your holiday preparations – @missybear wrapping is sometimes a chore, isn’t it? I saw a Facebook meme that was cute. “This is the time of year you can yell ‘Don’t you dare come in here’ just because you want to be alone.”

Pocket list day 22
    @dingping
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

2nd post
    Cooking with jolly festive pop tunes in the background, feels like Christmas, coming over all warm and cosy, peace and goodwill and festive cheer!
    I might have over done it but I have a whole shelf of cheese in my fridge – emergency cheese no problem here!
    Hope everyone is having a super Saturday!
    Festive joy everybody.
    Ta x

Day 22 – Iceland – FD (2nd of B2B2B)

Just popping in to add myself to the pocket list, now going to hurry out for a walk before sunset at 3.30pm!

@dingping – your description sounds wonderful!

Pocket list day 22
    @snowflake56 3rd of B2B2B2B
    @dingping
    @songbirdme
    @borealis

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    First day of my holidays. Drove down to Swindon at 8am to try and beat the crowds as I needed some walnuts from M&S. Our little store in town has got rid of them for Christmas would you believe….replacing them with packs of sugary Christmas treats. Why does everyone shop as if we might all starve over the holidays?….nightmare. Stay away!
    Gave the dog a long walk in the park, especially good as the sun was actually shining, a rare treat!
    The postman reported that the mail is still very heavy today….not a worry for me, eh?
    @michelinme: Sorry to hear you are not well; hope it passes quickly. As you say you don’t want to be ill when you have visitors to cope with.
    @anna6: The childrens’ Nativity play sounds so sweet. I remember when my daughter was small, she went to a catholic school and we saw many such plays. Innocent days.

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Ciren2 the children nativity play was very sweet and beautiful. It was called children of the world. I really enjoyed watching it.

Today I went to get the two rolls of wrapped turkey and they are now sitting in the fridge. I intend to cook them on Christmas Day and heat with them the Christmas vegetables which I’ll cook on Christmas eve following a recipe by a Maltese cook which has become a favorite with us and which I cook for Christmas every year. I intend to make the honeyed parsnip soup on Christmas eve too. For dessert my sister in law is making us a tiramisu. Then I’ll serve coffee with some Christmas log etc. I’m serving sparkling white wine and also red wine. I do have mulled wine and maybe someone will ask for it but I usually would have drunk it. Alas this year no alcohol for me for the next nine days as I’m taking medicine for my tooth inflammation. Oh well!

Today I cooked chicken bulgur wheat pilaf and took some for my daughter and son in law who lice round the corner from us the parents of my first grandson and babty Eve.

I babysat my granddaughter Eve and grandson while my daughter went to have her hair done then after having lunch I babysat baby Eve while her parents and brother went shopping and watching a nativity live animals to the delight of my grandson.

I have been eating mince pies and other goodies even for breakfast as I cannot take my medicine on an empty stomach. The kitchen is filled with goodies and hampers.

Tomorrow we have a morning wedding of a son of my husband s friend. My DH and I intend to go.

Have a great evening/night everyone.

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

It is cold but the sun is shining today. Already walked the dog once in the park across the street, at noon we walk the golf course together, after that we walk to our so called Foothill Village for lunch. Salmon, chevre whipped yams, jicama slaw and tomatillo sauce will be my choice. Hopefully I can resist dessert. Then perhaps a good coffee and walking home. Yesterday’s walking ended up over 9 miles. Maintaining! 😊😊😊

Have a good Saturday everyone! Enjoy all the Christmas preperations!🎄🎄🎄

Day 22 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Will finish up a 40 hour fast at noon today when I’ll enjoy a lefsa feed with my former in-laws side of the family. I’m bring some cream cheese and pineapple as one choice to put into the lefsa. Someone else is bringing some meat as well. The topping of choice is butter and cinnamon & sugar.

@michelinme – may you feel better quickly so you can enjoy hosting your family. I’m glad you feel prepared. That should help you relax and feel well faster.

@dingping – enjoy your cheese! Do you have special plans for it? I’m stocked up too . Got some special cheeses that Trader Joe’s got in for the season.

@borealis – 3:30 sounds so early for a sunset, but you are so far north so I understand. Now that we’ve come to the solstice, your sunsets will be getting later. I know I prefer the longer daylight that’s coming.

@anna6 – it sounds like some lovely feasts and festivities are going on for you. I love to visualize you and your family as you describe things. That’s one of the pleasures of this international group, hearing of different family celebrations.

@redrockgirl302 – You really are keeping so active in the midst of the feasting. Is your hubby your walking partner in all of these miles?

Enjoy the festivities of the season forum friends!

Second post:

@annemarilyn: Yes, my hubby is my walking partner! He is off for another 2 weeks! 😊😊😊

Day 22, London, UK, NFD,

Late check-in today after last nights’ Thai meal and red wine of course!! I’m aiming for today to be a CD, & so far, so good ……………………………. However the evening munchies need to be dealt with in a house full of chocolate, crisps & booze!!!

@ciren2, in one respect 18 days off seems great, but I find fasting at home quite difficult. I’m aiming to keep busy with making kefir, MO, a face serum, oil mixes for nails, body and face; and getting a regimen down for supplements including pro & pre biotics – I want to have a programme of self-improvement planned and ready for the new year – exercise, nutrition, meditation and body care inside and out!!! I’ll also aim to get through the pile of books waiting to be read & no snacking allowed whilst turning pages!!

I agree @missybear, realistically, there will probably be some reacquiring of dispatched lbs (no losing or gaining here!!) over the hols, but I’m hoping, begging, pleading & praying for sideways, despite the Baileys & chocs!!!

So, Onwards & Sideways it is, with everything crossed & loud appeals for mercy to the 5:2 fairy!!!!

USA Day 22 FD

Late checkin but want to add myself to the pocket list. Today’s fast won’t be a water fast but rather it will come in as 372.25 calories. that equals a 1/4 of my TDEE, so a perfect 5:2 fast.
    @dingping
    @songbirdme
    @borealis
    @ccco

My kitchen is already closed to everything but tea and water! I see everyone is busy with the holidays! It’s a lot of work but in the end most enjoyable! Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

Day 22, Guildford UK, CFD

Surprising Woosh today. Yes, early Xmas present.

I ate some Quality Street chocs that’s all.

In case I don’t post, merry Xmas to all and enjoyable feast days if that’s what is planned.

Mari

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD

I hope everyone’s FD went fine yesterday, @borealis are you with me today? @missybear as always, thanks for the mental support.

@dingping I’m not doing so well in maintenance, I need to many FDs to keep my weight down. Keep up the festive spirit.

@annemarilyn and @dingping oh, dangerous cheese, not allowed when fasting, too tempting, too easy to cut off a piece or more, just irresistable.

@rainbowsmile Merry Christmas!

@shinything and @michelinme I hope you feel better today.

Pocket list day 23

@snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 23 – Japan – NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 698 total)

You must be logged in to reply.