Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 697 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Borealis 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 698 total)

• Day 23 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช -NFD

Quick check in. Great and fun day in work on Friday, it was seriously NUTS. There were guys dressed as reindeer, Santa, one was even dressed as a turkey (and these boys are actuaries….usually serious types), my team won a prize for our desk dressing….it was such fun. Too many chocolate sweets though.

Yesterday I did the food shopping at 8am and was delighted to get it done.

Today I clean the house in preparation for Christmas Day and our guests. DH us doing really well after his operation. I might bring him for a drive today just to get him out of the house.
    Have a lovely Sunday everyone. Onwards and sideways.

Day 23 โ€“ Iceland โ€“ FD

@snowflake56 yes! I am very glad to have your company in today’s fast! There are sooo many temptations around, I have to keep reminding myself that I can enjoy them tomorrow evening๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket list day 23

@snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B
    @borealis 3rd of B2B2B

Have a great day all!

Day 23 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Feeling surprisingly perky this morning considering that I drank quite a lot of red wine last night, it was my dadโ€™s 82nd birthday dinner. Today, like @daffodil2010, I will be doing the pre Christmas Day house clean…..itโ€™s a good day for it, bit dismal outside not the weather to tempt me outdoors.

@snowflake56 I also have to keep up with 5:2 FDs to hold steady in maintenance but I donโ€™t mind at all, this WOE suits me ๐Ÿ™‚

Onwards and Sideways ๐Ÿคž

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Feeling quite despondent. DD has changed her plans and asked us to pick her up from her flat on Christmas day rather than the evening before, so she can spend a bit more time with her friends before leaving for Australia on Boxing Day! So the “old parents” are at the back of the queue, let’s face it…
    In a way I’ll be glad when the next stressful days are over and she’s safely in Melbourne. We’ll be taking, probably, three trips down the M4 within the next four days in order to pick up her stuff, and finally to take her to the airport. Let’s hope there’s no drone-trouble at Heathrow.
    @flourbaby: I understand your concerns with a long break at home…..I’m exactly the same….probably less controlled than you….but eat all the time when not at work!! One reason I haven’t retired yet……

Day 23, London, UK, NFD

Today will be a CD …………… it will be!!!!

I’m off to get the final Xmas veggies from the supermarket soon, planning to avoid the biscuit & chocolate aisle too. Yesterday wasn’t as controlled as I had hoped, no wine, just port!!! LOL!!!

Anyway, I must stay strong and sideways. Happy Sunday folks!!

Day 23 Melb Aust, CD

Okay, went all right today, and yesterday had lost .7 kg from last week, so pleased, but really had hoped with my hard work that I’d have lost more. Doubt I’ll reach my December weight loss goal, but guess it was a bit unrealistic, hoping for 5 kg off. Well, nearly half that so far, so maybe not too bad.

@metatauta, see above – sympathise and urging you on to reach your December goal.

@borealis, 2 nougat bars? I had a 150gm bar yesterday, too, but…. still not over my TDEE, as you weren’t so – keep on keeping on!

@Daffodil2020, Congrats on winning the team desk prize this year. Sounds like fun.

@songbirdme, Good to read the Facebook meme.

@flourbaby, Even with the hols, you are keeping busy, and I admire your preparedness for next year.

@matpi, Not sure I would like a plastic tree with baubles painted on, though I usually would have a small plastic tree, just one you decorate. I have a few very pretty Christmas baubles for a tree, but all safely packed away.

@michelinme, Great you found a tree at a good price; hope you enjoy the decorating. Congrats on the weight loss. Hope you have recovered rather than coming down with some kind of unpleasant infection.

Okay, three-quarters of the way through December. Managing to deal with most unwanted food gifts by quietly sharing them with others. For example, my neighbours (Italian) gave me a tiramisu pannetoni today for Christmas – we have an evening prayer meeting coming up on New Year’s eve, starting with dinner so the pannetoni will be my contribution to the meal. Someone else gave me Turkish delight; fortunately it’s too sweet to have more than one piece at a time. FD tomorrow, then for the 3 days after Christmas; hope that will deal with any weight gain! Wish I could do a WFD, but I need to eat food to swallow my meds. Sigh!

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a very good FD at 475 calories yesterday. I have to eat a salad with protein for my one meal, and had some Laughing Cow Light wedges of cheese on a few Triscuits with the chicken on salad.
    @ccco – your tea and water fast is terrific

@michelinme – hope you’re feeling better today — being so relaxed and ready to celebrate is amazing

@dingping – there is always some cheese in my fridge, our county in Illinois is next to Wisconsin (Dairy Capital of the USA) and we make lots of cheese here for Chicago pizza. ๐Ÿ™‚

@borealis – your short days there in Iceland do make for long summer days, don’t they!

@anna6 – so happy you’re able to enjoy your little grands – very fun

@redrockgirl302 – I am looking forward to trading our cloudy, gray Illinois days for sunny ones out there, flying tomorrow!

@annemarilyn – lefsa? How delicious – Norwegian tradition. I am 1/2 Swedish, but had a Norwegian foreign exchange student for a year. Enjoy!

Onward and downward.

Day 23
    Florida
    NFD Much to my surprise, I lost almost a pound. ๐Ÿ™‚ I was afraid with the situation with my mom would trigger a feeding frenzy. So far so good. She is holding her own. Not much change.
    We have had two bad stormy days for Florida. Today the sun is back and is supposed to warm up. A chilly 44 for us just doesn’t feel right. ๐Ÿ™‚
    We had a beautiful sunrise this morning. The fog was on the pond. We have live oak trees with Spanish moss handing down. The sun rays were hitting the leaves and it looked like ice crystals. Of course, I had to take a photo.
    For those who celebrate Christmas, hope you have a nice one. Everyone have a great week. We will be with friends, having a picnic on the beach. Our white sands will be a substitute for snow. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Just to show myself how well this WOL works, I found myself stopping at 763 cals yesterday and marked the 3rd FD of the week, coming up from behind for being so slack all month…results? Within .6 lbs. of my goal for the month! It should be a little easy to lose the last bit to be officially 2 lbs. under goal. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas!

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Cold but somewhat sunny.

@songbirdme: Have a safe trip out here tomorrow. There will be storms the next few days. I don’t know how much sun there will be but the air should be good. Snow accumulation very low in the valley.
    @daffodil2010: Glad your DH is at home and doing well.
    Going to the movies this afternoon. Will again not indulge in movie theater popcorn. Having a Zen tea and some almonds instead.

Have a good 4th Advent Sunday if you are celebrating! ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ„

Day 23. CD. London UK.

Day 23, UK, NFD

Good news is that I’m over my flu! Yay! ๐Ÿ’ƒ Bad news is I haven’t managed one decent FD lately ๐Ÿ˜ฃ . Ah well, we carry on ๐Ÿ’ช
    Haven’t had time to read all posts, just skimmed through them ….

@dingping thank you for signing the petition, I hope we make a difference xx

@daffodil2010 glad to hear your DH is at home and doing well ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hope everyone is doing well and is having a great festive season ๐ŸŽ… ๐Ÿพ

โค

2nd post

had to go over 500 cal today, our lovely 10 y.o. neightbour came to play and had made us blue and green meringues, so we played a game, had fun and ate all the meringues.

@borealis hope you did better today!

@missybear I find it harder to keep my weight down now I’m at home every day. It was easier while working, I now just want to enjoy life and eating is a part of that.

@shinything glad you’re well again, you can do FDs later.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, nfd

AnneMarilyn and Songbirdme I enjoy these family gatherings during these feadtive season. Tomorrow we meet at my second daughter s home after mass in the local village church. Our son is joining us tomorrow. My first daughter wonโ€™t join us tomorrow but on Christmas Day sheโ€™s joining us for lunch.

Today my DH and I went to the wedding and enjoyed meeting up with couples we knew. The food was good but we left before they cut the cake because my DH and I were standing all the time and we got tired and there was a live match of my DH s favorite football team Manchester United on TV and he wanted to watch it.

In case I donโ€™t post tomorrow I wish you all a merry and blessed Christmas ๐ŸŽ„.

Day 24 – Japan – not sure what kind of day it will be … starting out as a FD.

Day 23 Wales NFD 2nd post

@snowflake56 I know what you mean, I love to eat (and drink ๐Ÿท) too, but I have found control easier since retiring. Work, especially the commute into the city, was stressful so I used food and drink as reward and relaxation after a busy, stressful work day. Iโ€™m still a greedy foodie with a huge appetite ๐Ÿ˜‹ but I find 5:2 works well for me because I can do anything for just one day at a time! So I tell myself I just have to fast on a Monday and a Thursday and enjoy eating on the other 5 days…… and then I find Iโ€™m not so hungry on the NFDs anyway so I manage to maintain better control….. and even enjoy food more than in the past, probably because Iโ€™m mindful of what I eat now. That said Iโ€™m still afraid that the sugar and carbs dragons will be hard to get back in their cage after the Christmas feasting ๐Ÿ˜‚

After a busy day of cleaning house and Christmas preparations Iโ€™m collapsed in bed. Everything is done, so from tomorrow itโ€™s just about having fun. ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ’ค

Day 23 UK NFD

Yesterday I broke my fast with a couple of stollen slices while DD & friends decorated & baked, then healthy supper of baked sweet potato, sprouts, tomatoes and vegan fishless fingers followed by clementines – so far so good. Then dealing with boiler problem, lack of heat & hot water time slipped and I got stressed…. cracked & ate a whole box of gf jaffa cakes while wrapping presents until 1am… Total calories consumed 900 in biscuits/cakes & 450 in proper food.

Thank you @snowflake56 @betsylee @songbird me for your kind well wishes. It was such a strange feeling – v much how I felt the day before spiking high fever with pneumonia. But this morning woke up feeling better than I’ve felt in a while – even breathing better, which felt a real blessing.

Today I’ve had a really rich day of church and community encounters. First church the joy of community – exchanging presents, cards, plans and greetings. Then volunteering at community christmas lunch with and among homeless or vulnerably housed refugees, asylum seekers and economic migrants. It all serves to remind me what’s important – and to count the blessings of breath, life, warmth, hot water, food & home, familly & friends, including those here.

@rainbowsmile congrats on your whoosh! Glad to hear something has gone well for you among all the difficult stuff ๐Ÿ™‚ x
    @daffodil2010 YAY for winning the desk competion & glad DH is recovering so well
    @borealis @snowflake56 well done on your mammboth B2B2B FDs! That’s an epic achievement at this time of year ๐Ÿ™‚
    @ciren2 so sorry to hear about your DD’s change of plans…. that sounds like a huge amount of driving too. Wishing you well with it all x
    @flourbaby hope you stayed rooted in the vegetable aisle ๐Ÿ˜€
    @betsylee 2.5kg is a fabulous result for one month – and especially December! I love your strategy of sharing the calorie-dense food ๐Ÿ™‚
    @kaywesterman so glad your mother is stable and comfortable. Amazing you have lost a lb, and well done for not stress-eating x
    @metatauta well done an the extra FD and being so close to goal
    @shinything so glad you are feeling better…good luck catching up with your preparation – hope you can pace yourself gently
    @snowflake56 yay for breaking patterns to play with children! I spent half the morning service drawing with my 7yo friend. She usually draws and colours while I knit but I left my knitting at home today so she let me copy her ๐Ÿ™‚ B2B2B is a fabulous pre-Christmas achievement ๐Ÿ™‚

Onwards and… sideways!

Day 23 Ohio, US — FD(#40)
    Day 21, 22 — NFD’s

The NFD’s saw me staying right on target with the TDEE’s, even though I spent most of them in bed. After the dental procedure I seem to have gotten a sore throat and that put me down for a couple of days. This FD seems to be pulling me out of the slump and I hope to be back in good shape tomorrow. I’m fasting today instead of tomorrow (Monday) because there will be little splurges the next two days.

@songbirdme Thanks for the info on Allison. I don’t have perfect pitch, but my ability to compare pitches apparently is fairly acute. That also means that whenever the intonations in a peformance are even slightly off it drives me to distraction. That’s why I found Allison’s intonation with the cello so remarkable.

@michelinme Glad to hear that you’re feeling better. Hope the boiler problem gets fixed really fast!

@dykask With any luck the FD goes well and stays an enjoyable one!

@anna6 You’re family times sound fantastic! The wedding sounds like fun even with all the standing. How did Manchester United do? (Haven’t had a chance to check on them today.)

Hope everyone has had a chance to enjoy the full solstice moon!

Day 24 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

It’s Christmas Eve! I am off to work soon but only for a half day, the office closes at 12.45 and does not reopen until Friday 28th…yay!!!

I am bloated from the crisps I ate yesterday, and the fact that I drank NO water at all has not helped. I am focussing on rehydration today, 3 litres of water, dandelion and green tea at work to aid the bloat……nothing to eat until I get home where there is a nice veg soup that DH made yesterday.

Then it’s into the Christmas mode. We visit my Dad this afternoon as he is staying with my older brothers family for christmas. I am driving so won’t be drinking but when we get home……..ooooh I might indulge in some festive cheer. ๐Ÿท

Tomorrow we have eldest stepdaughter, stepson and our Grandaughter for Christmas dinner. They are staying overnight so it will be fun. The following day we have the middle stepdaughter and her partner for dinner and they will be staying overnight. After that it’s Thursday relax day (DH has to visit his surgeon for the follow on check up)…..and that’s Christmas. Looking forward to the time off.

It was crazy in the supermarket yesterday. We were stocking up on more wine but the queues for every till. Crazy. But DH was just happy to be out of the house so I did not mind. He had a serious case of cabin fever at the weekend.

@ciren2 thinking of you this Christmas, don’t be despondent, enjoy the time with DD, take care with all that driving.
    @matpi I might be like you then with comparing pitches (except I did not know it)…..I am often really annoyed with what I hear as someone off tone yet others don’t seem to notice it. Argh. There is a Irish particular artist that has got huge recently but I think he is off key most of the time…and nobody else seems to notice !!! Is it me or them ha ha???
    @michelinme that sounds like a lovely community day you had there.
    @shinything so glad you are feeling better now.
    @kaywesterman that sunrise description was beautiful.

Right, off to work. Looking forward to Christmas time. Have a wonderful time to all who celebrate and even if you don’t, have a wonderful time anyway โ˜บ๏ธ

Day 24 – NFD
    Day 23 – NFD – lunch catch up with friends and decided to drive so that I could stay on the dry – wise move ๐Ÿ˜€. Was tempted to go out last night for pre-christmas drinks but decided not to… Another wise move and 5:2 is definitely helping me make these good choices!
    Day 22 – CD – felt fragile after too much drink, late night and good food so was quite controlled.
    Day 21 – NFD – last department ๐ŸŒฒ party in the afternoon and ๐ŸŒฒ Christmas catch up with friends until very late..

Time now to enjoy the family and friends catch-ups with zero guilt. @missybear I’m with you on enjoying the next week or so and refocussing in January. New year, new us! We have worked so hard to get to where we are and deserve to enjoy this time.. I know I’ll make slightly better choices than pre 5:2 so that at least is better than previous Christmas’s.

@ciren2 you sound like a fab mum. I’m so sorry to hear that you will have such a short time with your DD but do enjoy every precious second before she heads off on her travels. Unfortunately when we are young we try to fit so much in with friends and dear parents tend to lose out. I realise I was the same when I was in my early 20s now my parents are my No.1 priority.. safe travelling on the roads! We will be travelling early to my parents and will stay until the weekend.
    Happy Christmas Eve to all
    Onwards and sideways โžก

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

running out of time, should have left at 10:00 am, it’s 11:00 now.

Merry christmas everyone!

Day 24 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Nearly time for brunch of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, then off to see the Christmas trees festival in the village church, and possibly a walk if the rain stops. Carol singing in the village this evening and a drink or two in the pub.

Merry Christmas everyone ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿฅณ

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Third day of my five-day holiday already! Very busy yesterday. Drove over three counties to DD to pick up her Christmas tree and decorations, to store in our loft. I wasn’t going to let her just take it to the tip on Christmas Eve!! It cost us ยฃ60.00 not many years ago and it is still perfectly good.
    Straight back in order to rest up a short while before attending a beautiful carol service with DH at our parish church. The C of E do music so much better than us Catholics! So even tho’ it’s not my church we always make a point of going.
    @daffodil2010:Thank you for your kind wishes.
    @jaifaim: So true, maybe we should appreciate our parents while we can. As young people we always prefer to hang out with friends.
    @shinything: Glad you are better just in time for Christmas.

Have a great day everyone!

Day 24 Melb Aust FD

An okay day. Did fine till I ate some of the biscuits (cookies) kindly dropped in to me by a friend from church – her daughter baked them and asked her mum for some to be given to me. Lovely of Danielle, but ….. FD expanded to about 900 cals. Guess that’s okay. I don’t eat biscuits much, but felt I had to eat some, so I can comment on them if I see either mother or daughter at church tomorrow. They were only small, so not too much of a disaster.

Currently watching a Christmas eve tradition here in Melbourne – Carols by Candlelight. Always beautiful. Have a great Christmas celebration or family time tomorrow. NOT fasting tomorrow, but hope to do B2B2B Wednesday to Friday. Ear infection so on antibiotics 3 times a day, which means I have to eat something small each time. Sigh! Will still manage. Hope everyone else does well, and keeps the goal of enjoy but no weight gain in mind. Happy holidays everyone!

Day 24 โ€“ Iceland โ€“ ยฝ FD

Havenโ€™t eaten today and plan to keep drinking only water until dinner time. After dinner I will open a big box of festive chocolates๐Ÿ˜‹
    @snowflake โ€“ I also couldnโ€™t resist eating two small chocolate bars last evening (440cals) so finished the day at around 900calsโ€ฆ I guess it is better than if I hadnโ€™t planned to fast at all, then it would have been 3000+ for sure!
    @betsylee โ€“ I hope to join you in B2B2B Wednesday to Friday, but I do not expect it to be easy after letting the sugar dragon in over Christmasโ€ฆ

Wishing everyone all the best for today and a very merry Christmas!ย ๐ŸŽ„โœจ๐ŸŽ‰

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to O’Hare shortly to fly to Utah to be with DD, SIL and 2 granddaughters. Traveling weather so far is good.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and enjoy your holiday!

Day 24, London, UK, NFD

Another NFD to contend with, but, rather than throw in the towel, I’m treating this week like any other, so today will be controlled, tomorrow, not so much, and maybe I’ll end the week with a couple of FDs …………… this is not my first rodeo!!!

No time to catch-up with posts, but hoping everyone is staying on track!!

Merry Xmas everyone, I hope you all have a fabulous day tomorrow!!xxxx

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Festivities started yesterday and I unfortunately went over TDEE even though I did not eat movie theater popcorn. But indulged, alas, in other naughty stuff such as potato chips, candy and cake.๐Ÿ˜…
    Today we just stay at home, do some cooking, baking, eating and also walking. Planning on staying within my TDEE.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„

7am Christmas morning in Australia
    Hi fellow 5:2โ€™s

Wishing each and every one of you, and your families,
    a very ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ…Merry Christmas๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽถ and a ๐ŸŽŠHappy New Year ๐ŸŽ‰
    filled with much love, laughter and happy times, and best wishes for 2019, as we head into a new year.

Catch up with you all from 1 January when I get back into this great WOL again โ€“ thank you all for just being here in 2018 xx ๐Ÿ’

Day 24 – UK – NFD

Busy last 5 days involving lots of good food and wine but managing to fit in some exercise as well but avoiding the scales……..No fasting until the end of the week but trying to stay mindful!!!

A beautiful day here on Christmas Eve – frosty start to the day with blue skies and sunshine later but remain rather cold all day – a lovely winter’s day!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and not forgetting that “The best Christmas gift is to realise how much you already have!”

USA Day 24 NFD

No fast days this week! Cooked all morning, so tomorrow will be with much less effort when everyone comes! ๐Ÿ™‚ Love it! I can spend time enjoying everyone’s company! The hard work is done and the presents are wrapped. I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 24 UK FD!

Last night I again stayed up v late wrapping presents and ate unhelpful things – this time a gft christmas pudding! But I’m counting as progress the fact that I resisted opening the box of crackers and having a cheese fest ๐Ÿ™‚

Today’s been non-stop church… I slept late and just had time to fit in household stuff this morning before heading off to church. Loved the amazing musical nativity play with real live donkey, political jokes and congregational carols. My daughter was narrating and I knew all the actors – and the donkey, who also comes at Easter ๐Ÿ™‚ Then straight into stewarding for back-to-back carol services, both of which were full to capacity. Left my DD to sing for midnight mass while I’ve zoomed home on the last train, now to make mince pies, wrap 6 presents and get to bed!

I squeezed in a coffee on the go and had 2 bottles of water with me, but By the time I got out everything was closed and I’d only had 3 quality street all day! i’ve got a hot rice salad to reheat (rice peas tomatoes cheese and onion) with hard boiled eggs, plus a clementine or two, brining me neatly under 500 calories – yay! But tomorrow will be an EFS beginning with pain au chocolat ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Christmas to all who keep it, and happy holidays to all x

Day 25 – Japan – NFD Merry Christmas to All

Yesterday turned into water fast day #93.

Today my kids have only 1/2 of school and then no school until about the second week of January. In Japan it is the New Year that is important. Christmas eve is more for couples to go out to fancy dinners. However the Japanese are doing more for Christmas these days, but it is mostly pushed by businesses trying to sell more, not so much for spiritual reasons. The New Year is very spiritual in Japan.

Day 24 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

All the festivities sound wonderful!

@arelkade – Merry Christmas!

I’m trying to make some good choices even as I feast so at least things continue sideways

Merry Christmas everyone!

I

Day 25 U.K. NFD

Having a lovely time with family, being the host, so very busy but not over doing it!

Just returned form midnight service in Wells Cathedral very beautiful choral singing and overwhelming sense of peace and joy. Festivities commence tomorrow with a full English followed by a romp on the Somerset Levels and up Glastonbury Tor, present opening, Christmas dinner early evening and if not exhausted from all of that party games!
    Hope everyone finds love, joy and Christmas cheer in all you share and do with friends, family and strangers. Best wishes and a happy Christmas.
    Ta x

Day 25 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Day 25 – UK – NFD

Some of us here are at the end of our day about to go to bed whilst others are just starting the day but wishing everyone a very joyous and peaceful one – Hope you had or about to have a fabulous day!

Joyeux Noel

Wishing everyone a wonderful family time and peace and joy in this festive season!

Joyeyx Noel indeed!

Day25 Minnesota, USA NFD Merry Christmas to All!

I think it’s been a week since I checked in, and certainly an entire week since I had a FD. It’s 8 a.m. on Christmas morning and my company are just waking to find their stockings full of goodies. Family here for gift opening yesterday, and everyone was here until very late.
    My DH does breakfast for everyone and it’s something everyone looks forward to whenever they come to visit. The rest of the day will be charcuterie and cheese boards, sweet treats, baklava, bread pudding with bourbon sauce…….you get the idea.
    I feel about 5 lbs heavier but I’m afraid to step on the scales. Tomorrow I will face up to the consequences of the last week. Regardless of the outcome, I know I have this WOE to use to get back on track in January.

I’m sending warm wishes and prayers for all of you to be blessed with a very happy Christmas time spent with loved ones, if possible; but, if not, at least a day of peace and joy.

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD (of course!)
    Happy Christmas everyone.
    DD with us just for today, then up at about 4am tomorrow to take her to Heathrow bound for Australia.

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Food yesterday exceeded my TDEE again but I enjoy feasting with my DH for a few days. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    It is warm (for this time of year), no snow and the sun is just coming out. Will do a big loop on the golf course with our old puppy, then walk ourselves some more to get at least to 10.000 steps. There will be turkey, broccoli, cauliflower, stuffing and cranberry relish as well as pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Later a movie marathon with homemade popcorn. All very low key and relaxing.

Have a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy family, friends and good food!
    ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„

Dwy 25 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Son coming over shortly for last advent together and open stockings!

And some continue on to Boxing Day traditions tomorrow.

Day 25 Canada NFD

Managing to keep the eating under control here but really looking forward to spending more time here soon ๐Ÿ™‚

@arelkade really good to see you back, you’ve been missed โค

Merry Christmas everyone ๐ŸŽ… ๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽ„

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Well, that’s it then. A bitter-sweet Christmas.
    DD is on her long flight to Melbourne right now. Up at 4am this morning to drive her to Heathrow for the 9am flight. Tired.
    I thought I would cry when I hugged her goodbye at the departure gate. She has promised to come back to visit us next Christmas.

Now we have all her stuff in boxes and bags around the house waiting to be sorted through, loft, charity shops, bins, tip, separate piles for each. What a task!

Last day of my five-day holiday, work tomorrow. I’ll be glad of some normality.
    @dykask: well done on your 93rd successful WFD.
    @bellyblast: ….and to you for keeping controlled, hard at this time of year.

Day 26 Belfast NFD

Afte all the preparations, the fuss, worry about presents etc, it is over. As @flourbaby said, โ€˜It is only one day.โ€™The scales show a whopping 4lbs on this week. So hereโ€™s my dilemma. I have a glut of goodies given to me and made by me (who needs a cheesecake?) to get rid of. The Bailies is unopened and the wine is relatively intact. A few gins were had but the sugar dragon did for me and itโ€™s still flying around, ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜ฆ I shall eat some of it and give away the rest,or I could get my llips sewn up! After that the wagon awaits.

@ciren2 how strong you have been. It took me over a year to get rid of two boysโ€™ rubbish! Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll be on Skype in a day or two to see how sheโ€™s settled in. Maybe you could plan a holiday yourself to visit her?๐Ÿ˜œ

Enjoy the continued festivities with your friends and family everyone. Above all this should be a season of kindness and tolerance.

Today Iโ€™m grateful for the fun, playful disrespect, laughter and love that my boys have brought home with them.
    I count my blessings

Day 26, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Matpi I think ManUnited won but Iโ€™m not sure.

We had a lovely time yesterday and my daughter stayed here until this morning when she left for Malta where she stays. Our son went with her as he wanted to but a blazer and a trousers ( I hope that itโ€™s not slashed open on his knees like the last time he bought some) to go out on New Year. Heโ€™ll be coming today later on.

Yesterday I noticed in our small shaft downstairs that we had a drainage problem again. I only told my DH about it but we both refrained from talking a showe yesterday evening. Today the drainage repairer men came soon after I phoned them and they said there is a problem since they couldnโ€™t open it from inside the house ie the shaft. So my DH called our handyman to find the drainage pipe from outside. He came and found the pipe outside the house after pulling up a large flower tree from our front garden and the drainage men were able to fix the problem. The handyman is still outside fixing the tiles of the pavement while Iโ€™m writing. He marked with red paint the front garden wall where the drainage pipe is.

For lunch my DH, my eldest granddaughter ( I babysat my eldest granddaughters as my daughter was working today) ate leftover turkey and vegetables. I also had lots of pistachios and a mince pie and a piece of cake with my coffee this morning as I had to take my medicine.

When the handyman finishes from putting the tiles back on our pavement and arranging our front garden, Iโ€™m going to visit again my MIL with my youngest daughter, her son and baby daughter Eve.

Have a great Boxing Day everyone.

USA Day 26 NFD

Well, all the hubbub about Christmas and suddenly it’s a fait accompli!! Haha! Nevertheless, fun was had by all! Now all I can say is that I feel fat!!!! Well, I have one more family celebration today and then a much needed water FD for Thursday!

Ciren2: I feel for you! My one worry is that my children will move away one day, too, and I won’t get to see my children or grandchildren! It’s is wonderful, though, that we can Skype or FaceTime family today!

Debster251: You’re right! It’s only one day of feasting and then we can back in control! I won’t get on the scale until I have had at least one FD in there. I know there must be some damage!

Have a great day, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 26 UK NFD

Lovely day yesterday, centred on church, family & food. Made pain au chocolat for breakfast with DD but ended up eating them still warm in the taxi back from church -my favourite scenic route, through St James’s Park and over Albert bridge ๐Ÿ™‚ Early evening Christmas dinner worked really well – lots of wonderful veg & shared a spinach & mushroom pie, fig & orange pudding & home made mince pies with a couple of glasses of sherry and wine with the meal. No room or time for the cheese course or the cake so I’ll have a think about what to share, store/freeze or eat. Last year I was still pulling Christmas cheese out of the freezer in October!

SO glad I didn’t buy or receive lots of chocolates and my family gave me tiny amounts of delicious fudge & truffles – there’s some support despite the unhelpful “she’s lost weight by starving herself”! And considering how tired everyone was it was a surprisingly harmonious day: reminiscing and thinking together about life matters, watching the Queen & Call the Midwife, general knowledge quizzes, reading poetry – and so much laughter that my mother pulled a muscle in her side!

@ciren2 you’ve been unbelievably stoic & supportive of your DD’s adventures x
    @arelkade lovely to hear from you
    @dykask congrats on your #93 WFD of 2018!
    @shinything hope you feel better
    @northerndawn @dingping love the sound of your Christmas gatherings

wishing you all a Happy Christmas whether resting, reflecting or celebrating, feasting or fasting x

Day 26 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Flew here on Christmas Eve, and for the first time in my life, the plane had ventilation system difficulties, so we turned back to Oโ€™Hare after about 45 minutes in the air. They put us on a different plane, eventually, and made it here. So nice to be with DD, SIL and granddaughters will be here from their time with their dad very soon.

Ate okay yesterday, hoping to stay right at TDEE with lots of treats in this house.

Lovely White Day-After-Christmas today with new several inches of snow.

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 698 total)

You must be logged in to reply.