Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Holding Fast – the December 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 697 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Borealis 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 698 total)

• @annemarilyn – sometimes I would rather just listen and absorb music instead of singing. I am sure your concert was great.

Day 18,Emden Germany,NFD

@shinything hope you’ll feel better soon. Take care and please eat when you feel you need energy. You can do your fast on another day. I’m with @annemarilyn on taking chicken bone broth.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good solid FD yesterday and rewarded with a 2lb loss. Easy come, easy go…..but wish I could dispatch the remainder as quickly. January awaits. But I am still being mindful and keeping @at‘s mantra to mind.

Tonight is the department Christmas party in a local restaurant. I have decided to take my car so that stops any wine, sparkling water will do very nicely. I have been very good at avoiding ALL the edible treats that keep appearing in the office. Yesterday a ginormous Toblerone cheesecake was doing the rounds 😨 I love Toblerone and I love cheesecake but I ignored it. I am fairly good at resisting temptation…but just one bite and then all bets are off. The dragon is unleashed.

So I plan the usual nothing until late lunch at 2pm, then it’s a small homemade oat bran bread sandwich with cheese and Dijon mustard. Maybe an apple in the afternoon, then dinner is early at 6pm….no idea what is on the menu but I will enjoy.

Tomorrow will be the start of a B2B FD, my DH has to stop eating in prep for his op on Thursday morning so that makes it handy for me. And Thursday I will bring home my patient who will probably still be under the affects of anaesthetic. Then no more FD’s until after Christmas 😱

DH is off out doing his Christmas shopping today. Not bad considering its 18th Dec (he is often a Christmas Eve guy) and he is under orders to hunt down some Baileys Irish Cream….🤗

@shinything I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself. And I am with @annemarilyn and @Snowflakeon the chicken bone broth….so good at this time of year.

@songbirdme I was talking to my Dad yesterday and he is taking part in his club’s Christmas choir this Sunday. He has a great voice and will be singing solo for quite a few songs, unfortunately I cannot go this year. Last year my niece was also in that choir and Dad still talks about how proud he was to be singing with his Grandaughter. Music and song can really bring us all together.

Have a great Tuesday everyone….only a week to go now!!!

Day 18, London, UK, FD

So as usual for me it’s the start of my B2B2B, I’ve an apple and some Greek yoghurt for my 2pm breakfast then soup ready & waiting at home for 6:30pm dinner then I’m locking, bolting, chaining the kitchen door closed!!! So 19:5 below 500cals and that IS IT!!!

The office is full of goodies (baddies), a new box of chocolates opened every day. Thankfully the young trainees are scoffing the lot before my resolve goes ……………………. Small mercies!!

I’ve decided that the one thing I’ll keep control of over the holidays is BOOZE. The weight doesn’t shift, despite fasting, if there’s even a hint of red in my system, let alone Baileys, Port or Amaretto, so rather than a drink every day (this would be normal when having 2weeks off of work!!) I’m limiting it to Xmas day, Boxing Day, NY Day and when I’m out for a meal or invited to friends or family ……………………… And NO, I will NOT get over that hurdle by just moving in with my mum!!!!

Sideways, sideways, sideways!!!!

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Successful FD yesterday and steering clear of festive treats and alcohol until Friday. December is definitely the most challenging month since I reached maintenance……temptation around every corner…..fingers crossed for sideways.

Tuesday fasters stay strong 🙂

Day 18, UK, NFD

I’m still feeing super rough 😷 , and now when Christmas is around the corner and there is so many things to do 😣. I’m gonna get out and soldier on 🎅

@annemarilyn, @snowflake56, @daffodil2010 thank you, I did have some chicken soup 🙂 , unfortunately, don’t have bone broth at the moment 🙁

@kaywesterman so sorry to hear about your mum 🙁 , I’ll keep you in my prayers.

@daffodil2010 I hope your DH’s op on Thursday goes well. Sending you both some positive, healing vibes 🙏

I know this is not the niche for things like this, and I apologise in advance … but we talked about birds here quite a few times, and quite a few of us feed them 🕊 …. I found out this just today ans it infuriated me and saddened me greatly 😢 : http://jasonendfield.weebly.com/home/licence-to-kill-wren-bullfinch-skylark-oyster-catcher-robin40-species-on-natural-englands-death-list#
    I feel strongly about it, and if anyone else does too, there is a petition to stop this savageness: https://www.change.org/p/natural-england-stop-the-legalised-killing-of-ravens-and-other-wild-birds-in-england?recruiter=924065709&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Again, apologies for this, but I feel the need to alert the world and all my friends 🙂

Have a good day everyone ❤

Day 18 Melb. Aust NFD

The Chinese meal was this evening – a pre-Christmas get-together of several friends. Lovely evening, and I actually managed to only eat half of the dish I ordered, and brought the rest home. After weighing-in tomorrow morning, I’ll decide if I can afford to eat the rest, or whether I need to throw it out.

@at – love your “mantra”, a good reminder, though I have a long way to go before I say it with much truth.

@shinything, sorry to read of your illness. Do try @annemarilyn‘s suggestion of chicken broth. You can make a healthy broth without too many calories, and it’s just the thing for colds/flu recovery.

Well, another FD tomorrow, let’s hope it goes well after tonight’s yummy meal.

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well at about 275 calories. Yeah for that — just need to keep in control today. Will break my fast shortly with a late breakfast.

@shinything – WHY?? Are birds overtaking some industry or causing other problems? That whole idea just seems ludicrous to me. I feed my local feathered friends here especially through the winter.

@daffodil2010 – indeed, music often does bring folk together. There’s a portion of the brain that works better being influenced by music. Part of my dissertation research included various articles about how singing especially does such great things for people. I am sorry you’ll have to miss your dad’s choir program, but I know you will support him. Will it be recorded?

Onward and downward

Day 18 Canada NFD
    Missing FDs but will get back to them soon

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Yet ANOTHER rain-soaked day. A postman’s lot is not a happy one!
    @flourbaby: Our office is also full of fatty and sugary foods being provided by all and sundry…I stick with my banana and my 85% chocolate squares while at work.
    @shinything: Sorry you’re feeling rough…get well soon xx

Day 18 Minnesota, USA FD
    Days 15 NS 16 were NFDs, and EFS days
    Day 17, yesterday, a CD at 1000 cals

So sorry to be absent since Friday. I’ve had no time until late in evening to post and then I’m just too tired to think. I’m way behind on posts but I think of you, my friends, throughout the days and feel your support and send mine to you.

I really need this FD today because I went way over TDEE on weekend days, and have a big party/ dinner tomorrow night. I just found out my company will arrive two days earlier than planned for Christmas. I must do some aerobic house cleaning in the next 3 days!!!

Best of luck to everyone. I hope you’ve done better than I have at staying mindful and controlling those dragons!

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Going to a concert tonight at Symphony Hall. Listening to the Celtic Women’s Christmas concert. The new Grinch movie yesterday afternoon was very nice. Great animation! And I did not eat the movie theater popcorn. In the evening we went to a candlelight Christmas at the Pioneer Village. Very lovely. There I did indulge in fresh, warm mini sugar and cinnamon doughnuts🍩and gingerbread men. 😊😊😊
    @shinything: I don’t understand how one can kill songbirds? This is insane! I am very sorry to hear. Hopefully people will protest. Here our songbirds are getting less because of the huge horrible magpies that kill and eat the baby songbirds. The magpies are a real plague.
    Daffodil2010: All the best for your DH’s operation. Also, I understand about temptation. I can resist (with difficulty). But I cannot have just a bite. When I start I cannot stop. The dragon is unleashed right away.
    @kaywesterman: Very sorry about your mom. My mother in Austria waited to see me one more time, then she died 3 days later. She was ready to leave. 😢

Have a good Tuesday everyone! 🎄🕯🎅

Day 18 UK FD

Yesterday was a solid 650 calorie FD – not easy after Sunday night’s carbtastic EFS! I came here to read posts and keep myself on track, which really helped me to remember my greater goals. I was also feeling the benefit of a restful day & good night’s sleep – then stumbled on research that links unhealthy food choices (esp carb) with fatigue.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/dec/17/lack-of-sleep-linked-junk-food-cravings-study-suggests

Today I’m adding another FD as B2B is so much easier on the second day – happy to join you @flourbaby 🙂 Thus far I’ve had just 2litres fizzy water and a couple of black coffees, shortly supper will be yesterday’s leftovers – baked sweet potato with vegan mince & peas, perhaps adding some more veg as it looks a bit scrawny.

Good practical day prioritising my poor neglected home. I’m feeling much better for catching up with cleaning & laundry and decluttering the kitchen & the hall cupboard. I’d love to keep going with clearing clutter but Must get on with cards, present-wrapping and organising shopping list for Thursday when I have help from a friend with a car. Tomorrow I’m back to project work – hoping that a focused day will break the back of the backlog so I can take a good break for the next two weeks.

Also enjoyed researching some healthier options for Christmas baking today. I’m looking forward to making a simple Christmas cake & some mincemeat ready for an afternoon of decorating/baking with vistors on Saturday. I’m finally learning that the preparation period is as important as the gathering time, so doing things more mindfully.

@moukinator welcome back, and well done getting your mother on board too! How lovely to be able to encourage each other and do it together.
    @matpi good luck with your dental work
    @bellyblast every choice makes a difference – maybe start with something small?
    @daffodil2010 I’m with you on the post-carb Monday feeling. Yay for your dress & dancing, phew for the radiator & good luck with this evening’s dinner 🙂
    @fatfingers your first Thai meal sounds a mare!
    @shinything boo for the flu 🙁 hope you feel much better very soon xx
    @dykask thanks for your post on muscles – fascinating as always! My next challenge is to build muscle
    @redrockgirl302 I had unrefreshing sleep for over 20 years – the only time I slept well was with a general anaesthetic! – but also stayed away from sleeping tablets. I’ve finally found magnesium oil and niacinaminde together work wonderfully well for me, amazing to feel refreshed after sleep for the first time in decades. I hope you find something that works for you
    @gretta well done on your FD!
    @shinything thanks for sharing about the birds – I’ve signed and shared too
    @northerndawn – arriving TWO DAYS early?!! Good luck!

We’re over halfway through this tricky month of fasting & feasting, so perhaps worth remembering that every single healthy choice helps. Small things done consistently will change our lives for the better – and it’s all progress!

Pocket List Day 18

@flourbaby
    @northerndawn
    @michelinme

Day 17 Belfast NFD

I’ve been missing in action for a few days. A trip to Dublin for a girlie weekend and to see Josh Groben. It was a rather silent time, as I’ve no voice! I’m on antibiotics now, thank goodness. A little indulgence has pushed the scales up a couple of pounds. ☹️ What a lot of pages to read to catch up!
    @cornish-jane – your eye sounds nasty. Hope it’s healing well.
    @flourbaby – I put it on the shopping list and ‘just happened’ to be going to Tesco’s that day! It is still unopened and will stay so until next weekend!
    Thank you for the link @songbirdme. It was wonderful. What a beautiful version of the song. I’m sure you’re so proud.
    @redrockgirl302 I had to google ‘Luminaria’. It looks wonderful.
    Congratulations @michelinme on shifting that stubborn weight
    @EmmaTaylor – so sorry you have lost your friend. I shall be thinking of you. Treasure the moments you had with her. Sadly, as we get older the realisation that not everyone gets a long and healthy life dawns. All the more reason to practise self care.
    @rainbowsmile -hopefully you’ll be able to put your feet up at Christmas with it all finished. Stay strong my friend.
    @daffodil2010 – I’m sure you were the belle of the ball! And I’m so impressed at you ignoring the cheesecake. Good luck to your OH for his op.
    @kaywesterman – I’m so sorry to hear about your mum.
    @shinything – thank you for your alert. It’s appalling and I’ve signed the petition.

This time next week will be the big day, and yes, @flourbaby, it is only one day.
    Present shopping is finished, cards posted, tree decorated. Now to make a list for the food and goodies.

Onwards and downwards

Day 18 Eastern WA USA – FD

Yes, continuing my FD and at about 42 hours on the way to 72 hopefully! I agree the 2nd day is easier than the first 24 hours.

Pocket List Day 18 FD

@flourbaby
    @northerndawn
    @michelinme
    @annemarilyn

@daffodil2010 – I wish your hubby well on his surgery. I’m glad to hear your dad is still singing! Music enriches life so much.

@flourbaby – good for you getting in those extra FDs! They’re a great tool to navigate the festivities.

@redrockgirl302 – you’re really taking in some wonderful events in this Christmas season!

@debster251 – hope you’re getting your voice back. Glad you could still enjoy the Josh Groban concert!

Love how everyone is sharing their strategies to successfully navigate the season! We can do this together!

Day 18 – UK – FD (500cals)

Well yesterday’s FD did not happen neither was it a CD but a bit of an EFS – on return from yoga found OH had cooked dinner for us both……I had forgotten to tell him I was hoping for B2B FDs……he knew I had fasted on Sunday ………so he thought he would cook us both a nice dinner so I ate dinner with a couple of glasses of a lovely red he thought would go with it (he no longer drinks but used to be rather knowledgeable about wine, in fact he introduced me to wine…..so it’s all his fault that I’m rather partial to the stuff now 😉) followed up by some cheese……need I say more ……..

Anyway today was a definite under 500cal FD – I’m now tucked in bed typing this so will not be visiting the kitchen before sleep claims me 😴

@shinything – hope you start to feel better soon – take care x
    @kaywesterman – 🤗 thinking of you and your mum
    @daffodil2010 – thought of you today when I bought my bottle of Baileys but I’m not opening it until the weekend…….In our home we only put up the Christmas 🌲the weekend before Christmas so Saturday is the big day and the first Baileys will be indulged whilst I do the deed. Hope your OH surgery goes well x
    @flourbaby – 🤣 it would be a bit extreme to move in with your mum……

Feeling very sleepy so signing off for now – catch up tomorrow evening – Yoga in the morning then the funeral of one of Wednesday Club ladies – she was an amazing woman 99years young then a bit of lazy rest of the day catching up with home life.

“The Only Limit To Our Realisation Of Tomorrow Will Be Our Doubts Of Today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt

Day 18 – Iceland – NFD

The weekend was busy and this time without EFS, but today I lost control completely, with pizza, chocolate and even coca cola, which I usually never drink… I might not dare to check the scales tomorrow, instead I will fast Wed – Fri and hope for a better weigh-in on Saturday…

@betsylee – after only 2 months of 5:2 my cholesterol had dropped by half, you can do it!
    @emma-taylor – so sorry for the loss of your friend.
    @flourbaby – only one day?! Here the festivities begin at 6pm on the 24th and continue for THREE DAYS!

Will be back tomorrow to add myself to the pocket list, need to stay on the wagon at least until next Monday🎅🎄

Huge thanks to everybody on here for your kind wishes after my friend Elaine died. I spoke to our mutual friend today who said she found out she had stomach cancer seven weeks ago which had spread to her ovary, kidneys and liver. I had seen her a couple of weeks before that news. She knew it wasn’t curable but thought chemo would hold it at bay for a while but it wasn’t to be. I really appreciate everybody being so kind on here. It has made a difference. And it does make you realise just how much you should appreciate friends and family. They are very precious. H

Day 19 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Lots of posts to catch up on, but feeling supported knowing i’m not alone with the food struggles this time of year.

Heading off to a work christmas party at 2:30pm, it’s at a bar and has cocktail food, but I plan to not eat (and just a small 70cal snack of oat bran porridge before leaving to stave off hunger), and maybe a small glass of wine if I do end up caving. The office know I have a fasting day today, and they’re all accepting of it so at least I wont have anyone probing the issue.

Veg and chicken soup for dinner and a game of netball later on.

Looking forward to reading all the posts I’ve missed!

Happy wednesday xx

Day 19, Cornwall UK, NFD

Still here but hanging on desperately. Had an indulgent weekend and ate a lot of Vegan Orange Cake. Entirely my fault as I made it.

Saw photos of myself and not happy with the muffin-top! I’ve got rid of most of it but its still there – darn it. I have some lose skin on my stomach that does not help.

I think if i come on here and stay connected i am more likely to fast and do my weekly weigh-in. And not descend into 3 weeks of over-the-top indulgence. I was more controlled last year.

Will try and do some home yoga in the hols and that should help strengthen the resolve.

@northerndawn – let your visitors eat the naughty things and keep the veges for yourself! Stay strong.

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

1st of B2B

Busy times in work…as well as work WORK being busy, there is also a competition on for the best dressed bank of desks. It goes on all week with final decision on Friday. Currently it’s between my Dealing Team and the Client Services…everyone else is limping along…but now competitive spirit has really come on. We are upping our game and bringing in everything Christmassy that is not nailed down at home 😆 Surrounded by candy canes, twinkling lights, tinsel and trees…..it’s a lot of fun!

Yesterday I did very well considering it was the Department dinner. I did have potato skins for starter, but then stir fry chicken with chilli and ginger and had just a spoonful of the rice. Nobody was drinking so it was an early finish. Kris Kindle handed over. Good fun. I do enjoy working there.

Slept really badly last night. It’s not yet full moon but it felt like the moon and the coming winter solstice were combining their energies to keep my mind working overtime. DH was awake too. I looked out my front window at 2am and could see lights on in neighbouring houses. Anyone else feel it last night????

1st of a B2B today. Oatbran sandwich at 2pm, then a light omelette with spinach and black olives at 7pm. Early to bed. DH op early tomorrow. Thanks all for good wishes

@shinything I am absolutely horrified. Some amazing birds on that list. Peregrine falcon! Red Kite!!! But why robins, wrens, starlings ….?? I have signed up. Thank you for sharing.

So many to respond to but have to run. Have a great Wednesday.

Pocket list Day 19
    @daffodil2010

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 19 UK NFD

Like most busy time pre Christmas trying to sort things out before the festive celebrations of next week.
    Not managed fasting since Saturday and don’t know when I will next, hopefully Friday and Saturday.
    Good luck and best wishes to all fasting, controlling, maintaining, going sideways or running along.
    Ta x

Day 19, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

I’m really looking forward to todays’ FD, having a successful one under my belt makes such a difference, the other incentive? ………………….. 30 Day Shred!!! Day 1, level 1 completed yesterday evening, so I’m starting again, and just that 1st step has made such a difference already, in a forest of bad decisions …………… I made 1 good one!!! I slept like a log …………….. although it could have been exhausted unconsciousness!!! The roar of the kitchen dragon was drowned out by my huffing & puffing, there may have been screaming too!!! My water intake doubled instantly because there was SWEAT …………………. Enough said!!!! Today, I’m walking taller, feeling motivated and dare I say it less anxious & happier!!!! Exercise really ought to be available on prescription!!!!!

@debster251 I expect you did some fantastic lip-syncing along to Josh Groben!!! Someone gave me a bottle of that creamy boozy goodness yesterday, I’ve left it in the back of the car …………………………. In the house is as good as in my tummy!!!!

@annemarilyn, are you doing B2B2B at 500 cals or water fasting for the 72hrs??? Either way, I’m holding your hand!!!

@borealis, it’s a strange thing, I’ve found since starting this WOL, I’ve ‘sampled’ things that were NEVER on my radar too!! I always loved a home-cooked or restaurant meal and never indulged in fast food, but I think I’ve been testing the water, dipping my toe in, whichever way you want to describe it, in terms of fast food!! Perhaps now that I have the tools to cancel out such indulgences, I’m giving them a try, whereas before 5:2, I would have been on a slippery fast food slope so I avoided them like the addictive plague they are!!!! Those 3 days of festivities sound good to me, but my waistline would beg to differ, so I’m sticking with quietly repeating to myself the same thing I say when ‘that’ side of the family visit ……….………….. “It’s just one day, It’s just One day, IT’S JUST ONE DAY!!!!”

I suppose I should get back to work, keeping busy is my key to fasting. So over the 2 week holiday, I’ll need to find something to keep my hands busy, maybe a thorough house clean is in order, or stay in bed reading the pile of unread books on the bedside table; Hmmm, hardly a fair fight!!!

Sideways people!!!!

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I think I will have to avoid watching commercial channels on TV for the next few days…..all the advertising for indulgent food is getting to me. It felt a struggle to get through yesterday’s NFD even though I ate well, I started to think of eating all the rich rubbish food that is made to look delicious on the telly but I know only too well how crap it makes me feel…..so why do I want it???????

@shinything thank you for raising awareness about the killing of birds, I am appalled 😧 and have signed the petition.

It looks like the weather is improving today so I’m going for a walk, in need of some fresh air to strengthen my resolve to resist temptation 😉

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Day 19 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 18 FD which became CD
    Day 17 – NFD

Feeling the challenge now as we roll towards Christmas…
    France was a cheese, wine and all good things break but had a Fab time.
    @emmataylor I was staying in the 7th arrondissement where I used to live… I used work on Faubourg St honore and it was sad to see all the designer shops shut up and roads blocked off. I was so sorry to hear that you received sad news while you were there and was thinking of you..
    Fell into the chocolate trap in work yesterday… they are EVERYWHERE! Feeling rubbish and sinusy today because I had one too many!

Like you @daffodil2010 our place goes all out at Christmas with departmental and desk competitions.. 🌲 lunch today and carols and mulled wine tonight…

Will just have to do my best to keep on sideways track…
    Onwards and sideways ➡

Day 19 UK FD/cd?

Yesterday was solid OMAD FD around 600 calories, making good b2b start to the week. Not sure whether to make today a 3rd or not.

Just realised i can’t fit in everything id planned! Still not written a Christmas card and last posting day is tomorrow.. Presents also to wrap and post, and one to finish knitting! Tomorrow is my shopping day, also getting my mother’s, and friend coming for tea. Christmas tree to collect ahead of saturdays decorating/baking session and tgen it’ll be churchand family. Running out of days again, and project work still piled up neglected…

Sounds like a day for structure and sustenance – or stretching, meditation and fasting? Or both? O for energy.

Lovely to read posts and catch up with news. Holding on and holding fast to you all x

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in before heading off to yoga and Silver Sneakers this morning. Yoga seems to be helping my dodgy back (degenerative disks) issues. Getting old is no fun, so I am trying not to! (It’s difficult though…)

Onward and downward.

USA Day 19 FD

Pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @ccco

Just popped in to join the pocket list for another water fast day! I’ve already had so much fluids to drink that I have a stomachache! I couldn’t put food in me if I tried! LOL That’s one way to fast!!

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 19 – Iceland – FD

It feels good to fast today after the excess yesterday, haven’t eaten yet, but will make some veggie stir-fry for dinner.

Onwards and downwards!

Pocket list Day 19
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco
    @borealis

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Work absolutely bonkers today…I need a bigger van for all that mail and PARCELS! I checked the work-sheets today and, sure enough, after enduring two 6-day weeks on the trot, I have my LONG WEEKEND…..rolling over into Christmas Day and Boxing Day…..lucky me, a FIVE day break from work!! We normally get a long weekend once every six weeks. So only two more deliveries to do. Hooray! It means that my next day off falls on a Tuesday…New Years Day, so I (sort of) lose that one….but who cares?

@flourbaby: B2Bs sound good, if only I could even do a FD, it would be interesting to find that the 2nd day is easier.
    What is a 30-day shred??

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

The Celtic Women Christmas concert yesterday was lovely. Before that we went to see the downtown lights. Lovely as well. In the afternoon a naughty trip to the German bakery where we bought a lot of poppy seed pastry, ginger bread and farmer’s bread. But we also walked over 9 miles.
    Today there will be chicken breast and veggies. And a bit more of the delicious poppy seed pastry.
    Maintaining weight through doing at least 18:6 every day but aiming for longer if possible.
    Weather sunny today and we will walk our old puppy🐕❤ on the golf course behind our house and then do more walking ourselves. In the evening we go and look at the Zoo Lights. Beautiful animal shapes made out of many little sparkling lights. Many trees decorated as well.

Have a good Wednesday everyone! 🎄🕯🎄

Day 19, UK, CD

With this flu and now terrible cough, I am simply not able to manage a FD, feel really weak. On a bright side, due to thw sickness, I can’t over eat either, so at least something positive 😂

I can’t believe Christmas is in a less than a weak! 😮 How did that happen?? 😂

@songbirdme it doesn’t make sense to me at all, in this day and age there is no possible excuse for killing beautiful birds that are already greatly affected by us humans who destroy their habitat and food 😔

@ciren2, @michelinme thank you for well wishes xx .

I’m glad you signed and shared the petition too @michelinme, @daffodil2010, @missybear and @debster251 ❤ , lets hope someone listens!

@redrockgirl302 I agree with you, magpies are psychos of the bird world, I’ve been unfortunate to see them in action and it left me traumatised!

@debster251 I had no voice either, for more than 3 days, its just coming back. Its horrible isn’t it!? Hope you feel better x

Stay strong everyone, we are almost there! Dangerous times (read Christmas 😂) are almost behind us.

🎅 🌲

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Actually still on my 72 hours fast until 6:40 PM when I plan a meal with my son – chili over acorn squash plus some pears with a special cheese. @flourbaby – I started off the 1st 24 hours with a water fast (water, black coffee, hot water with a little lime juice, herbal tea), then I made a “fauxbucks” – a coffee substitute (this time I used Pero) with some nut milk and a little cream & sweetened with stevia, had about 1/2 a cup of chicken bone broth on the 2nd day. So mostly water. The reason I go for water fasts frequently now, is to help with autophagy (getting rid of the loose skin) that I’ve been learning about. I appreciate your holding my hand! We can do this.

@cornish-jane – you mentioned the loose skin issue. You might check to listen to a you-tube with Dr. Jason Fung addressing autophagy. His patients who have lost significant amount of weight have not needed excess skin removal.

@daffodil2010 – sounds like you have a fun place to work! So glad this has worked out for you, especially after your last place of work. It must make your Christmas season much brighter.

@ciren2 – Hooray for 5 days off coming! As a rule, do you at least get Sundays off?

@redrockgirl302 – and your lovely festivities continue! Sounds like your 9 mile walk should have helped work off the yummy German baked goods.

@shinything – I do hope you get to feeling better soon!

Glad we’re in the journey together!

Day 19 London UK FD

Hello everyone! It’s been a while and although I’ve not been able to keep up with all the posts I’ve been checking in every so often. I’m so sorry for those who are going through a tough time. I hope you are feeling the love and support on here as well as in “real life”.

Today was my last day in the office before Christmas break and I AM doing an FD. Emphasising the I AM to myself as the kitchen has been trying to tempt me in for the past hour! Haven’t calorie counted but am pretty sure I’ve kept it to approx 500 calls with one meal today. Had that at 4pm as I’d like a long fast before eating again tomorrow. Trying to set myself up for Christmas indulgences as I’ve been slipping up this week! Weighing in within maintenance but at the top end already. Travelling tomorrow so I should be able to avoid snacks. Arrive at in laws mid-afternoon and then Christmas really begins! Will be checking in to read but in case I don’t get round to posting, im sending you my warmest wishes for a wonderful Christmas and here to good health and good times in 2019 xx

Day 19 second post

@gretta hope you had a good FD
    @daffodil2010 i slept like a log last night, best in ages. Maybe it was a local weather thing? Hope you sleep better tonight – And good luck to your DH for his op first thing tomorrow 🙂
    @flourbaby yay for 30day shred!! You could go into sales for exercise 🙂
    @missybear i know what you mean about commercials and food…. It looks lovely and is basically fat, sugar and carb that makes us feel awful afterwards. But o, the temptation! Hope you had a lovely walk
    @songbirdme great that yoga is helping your back. Iv’e also found it helpful for health issues and pain – as long as I do it regularly and don’t overstretch hypermobile joints
    @dingping good to hear from you, checking in helps to keep us on track 🙂
    @jaifaim sounds like a wonderful trip – red wine & cheese & friends & paris, what’s not to like? Loving your mantra – onwards & sideways 😀
    @ccco sounds as tho you’ve really got good at water fasting 🙂
    @borealis way to go with a good OMAD FD!
    @redrockgirl302 loving the sound of all your Christmas outings 🙂
    @ciren2 now that’s a really lucky break! esp as you’ll get some extra time with your lovely daughter 🙂
    @shinything you poor thing – prob not so shiny just now 🙁 Get well very soon x
    @annemarilyn thank you for the info about autophagy and WFD. I’ll have a look for Dr Fung. @cornish_jane I’ve also got plenty of loose skin now, so it would be wonderful to work on that as well as muscle-building in the New Year
    @beedoo well done fasting & keeping in maintenance- and have a lovely Christmas!

Back to wrapping presents – not had the day I expected, but differently productive 😀 Shopping tomorrow – Here’s to wise choices!

Day 19 – UK – CD

Started the day with a lovely stretching and relaxing yoga class finishing it off with a Yoga Nidra session total bliss – back home for a quick turnaround to go the funeral of one of our lovely ladies from the Wednesday club I volunteer at – a few of us helped serve tea/coffee at the wake at her son’s request.

Did not get home until late afternoon – caught up with some housework and then wrote out the Christmas cards for the neighbours and posted them through the letterboxes – job done.

Off to London tomorrow for the day to sort out my passport at the Australian Embassy – leaving home at 0900hrs and not getting back until 12hrs later – lots of time spent on the train…….😒 But must be done!

@borealis – great job with that cholesterol blood level – same happened with mine after a year of fasting and losing the weight!
    @gretta – hope you managed to stay in control at your work Christmas party!
    @cornish-jane – I agree that logging on here daily is great accountability – you can stay in control – just think of us at your side 😇
    @dingping – You know you can fit in a FD this week…….we’ll have your back!
    @flourbaby – you are on a roll with your B2B2B 💪
    @jaifaim – your French break sounds delicious 😋
    @michelinme – busy busy – you will achieve! but remember some self care as well 🤗
    @ciren2 – those 5 days off will be wonderful – precious time spent with your DD
    @redrockgirl302 – sounds like you are making the most of the festive season and enjoying it all and still maintaining – how wonderful is that x
    @shinything – sounds like you are getting slowly better 🤗
    @annemarilyn – thanks for the reminder about Dr. Jason Fung addressing autophagy – will be good for those new to the forum
    @beedoo – safe travelling tomorrow and YES you can keep your fast going until you get to the family!

Going to sort the papers I need for tomorrow and organise myself so that I can get up, shower and dress before heading to the train station in time for my early train – OH is driving me and will come to pick me up when I return 12hrs or so later……

“Optimist: Someone who figured out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward isn’t a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.”

KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR LONG-TERM GOALS!

USA Day 19 FD

Second Post

Michelinme, I think I have gotten better at water fasting. Suddenly, it seems easy and I am not hungry. I just ate my meal and closed up the kitchen for another 24 hour water fast. Since I seem to be on a roll, I want to ride that wave! 🙂

Hope everyone had a great day!

Day 20 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

A couple of struggling FD’s at under 700cal, and finally jumped on the scales this morning expecting to see a massive number….nope! 67.6kg. I’m feeling strong, but sluggish and heavy. The scales don’t lie!! Quietly stoked!! May try one more weigh in before I head away on Sunday, but not fussed. The dream of staying under 68kg for December is now well within my reach – but let’s be honest, what (if any) I put on over Christmas will be dealt with in January, and will just enjoy the ham and rose – and try and limit the treats and snacking to a minimum!!!!

@michelinme thanks, I got through it and (as always) feel better for it!
    @flourbaby your post made me smile, it’s always lovely to hear stories of people on here feeling accomplished – and it’s the little things that count! That shred surely put some baileys in the bank 😉 Also I wanted to thank you again, MO and Niacin together have me sleeping through the night, which is often a miracle.
    @ciren2 good luck with the last few days of deliveries, sounds intense
    @shinything hope you feel better soon!

Gretta

Day 19 Ohio, US — FD(#39)
    Days 17, 18 — NFD

Time to get caught up. Monday I took a day trip to southern Michigan and kept close to the TDEE, but probably went over a little. Yesterday was turning out to be a good day maintaining the TDEE, but went out to dinner with some friends and had a reaction to something in the meal. As a consequence went way over the TDEE.

Thanks to everyone’s advice about fasting and dental visits! It paid off! This morning my stomach was quite queasy from last night, so I went to the dentist’s in a fasting state. The procedure was extensive, but not so painful as I had feared. The worst part was the sound effects. For the rest of the day I’ve been taking ibuprofen every 3 hours and sleeping a good deal, which made not cooking (and pretty much not doing anything) very easy. So in that respect this has been one of the easier (although not quite totally more pleasant) FD’s.

@shinything I hope you’re able to shake that cough and flu off very quickly!

Day 20,Cornwall UK, FD

Another day, another fast. Heading towards the dreaded friday weigh-in. It will be a result if i just weigh myself. I know I’m on the slide (in the wrong direction) if i don’t get on the scales regularly.

Put up our Christmas tree yesterday as my son was saying he did not feel christmassy yet! I too am a weekend before decorator normally. When growing up it was christmas eve.

@annemarilyn – thanks for the tip on Jason Fung. I watched him quite a bit last year but will go back and watch a bit more re loose skin. Its not too bad but i definately have some. It was bad on my upper arms but is slowly improving on its own/with yoga. I have to admit to feeling a bit daunted by water fasts. Must keep an open mind and try new things.

Keep going everyone. This food madness will end in January, and us lot in the northern hemisphere can look forward to spring.🌿🌷

Day20, Emden Germany, NFD

@daffodil2010 Hope your OH surgery goes well today.

@shinything I hope you feel a bit better today.

@beedoo Merry Christmas and take care!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B….hopefully 😉

Well, we were up at 5am this morning, got DH checked into the clinic for his procedure at 6.30, by 7.10am I was back home and he was heading into surgery. I have taken a half day from work as he will be ready for collection at 13.30. Isn’t modern surgery wonderful?

My father had the same procedure in the early 70’s when he was in his 30’s and spent a week in hospital 🤔 DH and I are looking forward to his recovery….and walking briskly again, and getting him back to work!

Yesterday’s FD was good, except DH wanted to make the omelette for dinner, and he used rather a lot of eggs and cheese. No movement on the scales but I am wearing my size 10 black skinny jeans today so its going somewhere. Last FD until after Christmas and possibly…..gulp….2018! Not sure when I can fit another one in.

Still no Baileys in my house guys!!! I will soon be taking a trip to yours @at, @debster251, @missybear, and your car boot @flourbaby, if I want to get some festive Baileys ha ha 👍

@jaifaim Enjoy the work festivities…it’s such fun isn’t it? We heard yesterday that New Business were bringing in a donkey for their display so today I am bringing in a gold fibre-optic tree and one of the lads on my team is bringing in a life size snowman. It’s getting ridiculous but such a laugh.

And yes @annemarilyn, I am so happy to be here in this place now, compared to my last place. While I will always love the horticultural life this new job is right up my alley and I love the daily interaction with everyone ☺️ As for autophagy and water fasts…that’s a New Years resolution for me.

@shinything Get well soon.
    @ciren2 Enjoy that very well deserved break.

Hurrah, tomorrow is the winter solstice, that special turning of the year. I live very close to Newgrange , an old passage tomb thousands of year old, older than the pyramids, which every winter solstice is magically lit up by the first light of dawn to mark the turn of the year. I love this time of year. Wishing everyone a great solstice…be it Winter or Summer wherever you may be. 🌞

Day 20, London, UK, FD,

3rd day of my B2B2B, and tonight will be day 3 of the 30 Day shred (@Ciren2, it’s a Jillian Michaels exercise (or torture!) programme), I’ll need to grit my teeth throughout, considering I can hardly walk at the moment and stairs are proving slightly less challenging than Everest!!!! My tracker tells me I burnt 280 cals each of the last 2 nights, so on a 600cal FD that’s not bad at all ………………………….. not that I count exercise cals, that’s a slippery slope leading to justifying THAT bar of chocolate!!!

@annemarilyn, thanks for the explanation, I’ll be researching autophagy over the hols as the loose skin is proving itself to be a persistent nuisance despite my MSM & coconut oil routine!!

@gretta, I’m glad the MO & niacin combo is working so well for you, I’ve added a handful of cashew nuts to the programme because although the niacin helps with anxiety I was still getting that ‘swirly tummy’ feeling (that’s a technical term!!!) which kept me awake. Dr. Saul who turned me on to niacin in a Food Matters documentary (maybe ‘Hungry for Change?) also said that a handful of cashews had the same effect on serotonin levels as a dose of Prozac, it seems to be working thankfully!!

Good grief @daffodil2010 ………………………. No Baileys!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the………….. ???? How are you going to cope?? Do you have a support system in place!!! I’m weeping for you right now!!!!……………………….. I must say though, Tesco’s Finest Salted Caramel is a superb substitute!!!! I hope your DHs procedure went smoothly and he’s home & up & about ASAP!

Keeping the faith here & I’m determined to go sideways or downwards this Xmas after the reacquiring that occurred over the last two!!!!

Stay strong & Sideways folks!!!

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Probably the last FD of this year! Christmas starts at the Bear household tomorrow 🥳

@annemarilyn thanks for the reminder about water fasting to help with the loose skin problem, I had forgotten that and its an issue for me that I want to tackle in the new year. I’ve got stubborn excess skin on upper arms, thighs and just above my belly button. So my 2019 goal is decided and I too will be water fasting to see if it helps.

Wishing my fellow Thursday fasters a successful day 💪

Merry Sideways 🎄

Day 20
    Florida
    FD We are having storms and heavy rains. Be an inside day for sure. I appreciate all your support as I go through this time with my mom. My niece was visiting her yesterday and face timed me. So I was able to see her and talk a little.
    I have a few projects to work on to keep me out of the kitchen. 😀
    Looks like several of you have a lot going on. Hope you get feeling better and surgery goes well
    Have a great day.

Day 20 – USA – NFD

Finally a FD in December! Still hovering at 150 lbs., though I go up and down 3 lbs. from day to day, understanding that salty foods have something to do with holding the water in. Thanks for the recommendations about watching Dr. Fung re: autophagy. (And you thought I wasn’t listening…) Going to make a concerted effort in 2019 to shave off another 5 lbs. so I have wiggle room. I’m fitting comfortably in size 12s in most things, so no complaints.

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Going for a 16:8 kind of day. Looking forward to lunch with a friend. Made it to the 72 hour mark yesterday. Enjoyed the evening meal with my son. We did the advent meditation together & packaged up our consumables for friends. Also, watched “Chronicles of Christmas” starring Curt Russell with an appearance of Goldie Hawn as Mrs. Claus. A fun movie.

@daffodil2010 – may things go well for your hubby

@kaywesterman – stay dry. My son lived in south Florida for over 13 years so well acquainted with the weather. It can get pretty interesting. Praying for your mom & family.

@gretta – sounds like you’re doing well this December. Good for you. With all the additional festivities you’re keeping control 🙂

Not sure who coined it, maybe @flourbaby, but I too am happy with sideways at the moment & maybe a tad downwards! So far so good.

We can do this my fine forum friends!

Day 20, UK, NFD

Thank you all for get well wishes ❤ , your positive healing vibes reached me I think, because I’m starting to feel a bit better 😃

Just checking in for accountability 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🎅

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 698 total)

You must be logged in to reply.