HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,601 through 5,650 (of 7,330 total)

• Ladies… I agree let’s move on and continue to support each other with our posts complete with some very humorous posts!

Ginette K I saw the recipe you posted. Doesn’t that look Yum! I may try it soon. Thanks for sharing. Roasted garlic segments are SO DELICIOUS!

I think like George Bernard Shaw “England and America are countries separated by a common language.”

Thinking of Hairy Bikers (from recipe post) I am picturing motor bikes (some Harley’s) ridden by men with hair growing nearly out of their entire face. Does it mean that? Or does ‘hairy’ bikers refer to erratic driving habits. Maybe it is something entirely different. I won’t ask these questions much because I know it gets to be a bore to translate. I know expressions in America fall flat with many.

Another fast day here. We will do our usual with a light meal mid day and bulk of 500c in evening meal. Radishes are my snack between. Do some of you find chewing food is important in a fast day? I do. For some reason fast days (do it with my husband) are easier than ‘the five’ lots of times. Pea Jay

Elftone

Well done on the 2lb, you have every right to be chuffed. Keep up the good wotk. Hiw much is that you have lost altogether now?

I’m fasting today, welll I’ll tty any way, NEdad wants to take our boys shopping to the Metro Centre today and this always involves stopping at a few food outlets and then meal at one of the all you can eat restaurants before going home (is there any wonder I am the size I am) see how strong I can be.

Anyone else fasting?

NEmum

Hi all I just check in here occasionally but I do read all your posts with great interest. Congrats on all your success!! I am still hovering between loosing the last little bit and maintenance. I am not sure where I am to be honest. Mostly I am happy with my weight/looks, but if I put on an oz I freak a bit, and if someone on here at the same height as me weighs less than me, I panic a bit too. Anyway, its not a big problem. One other thing I noticed in the last month is…..I have been fasting 3 days a week at 500 cals and 1500 other days for a long time, and I always lost .3 kgs a week doing that. But a few weeks ago I changed to 650 cals on fast days and 1500 other days. I thought I might maintain at that level, but I lost the usual .3kgs. So it seems to make no difference if I have the usual 500 or 650 cals. Maybe I could have done this for the past 18 months. Its less harsh, the extra 150 cals are great. What do you think guys??

Kindle
    Thank you for posting on the site and well done on the weight loss, its good to meet someone at (or almost at) desired weight.

So interesting on 650 calories on a fast day. I would be intrrested too if your 3kg weight loss would be the same if 500 calories remained but NFD increased a little because that’s what I struggle with.

How much have you lost? My first aim is to get under 16 stone, I started at 18st 7. But not sure what I would like to get ultimately, once in my 20s I got down to 10st7 and at 5’9 I looked gastly, too thin and gaunt.

NEmum

Hi Nemum

Yes as you know something triggers my search and then I like to share. I’m 5.5 and about right at 10.7 but obviously as you are taller it will be different. I also think it is about frame, I have largish hands wide shoulders and I would say a fairly large frame. How close are you to 16 stone now? Maybe you can achieve this by Christmas. Have a lovely day out.

Hi Elfstone

So pleased that you have now got good scales. I hope this shows lots of lbs dropping off.

Hi PJ

Yes that recipe is quite delicious, I love the mixture of foods and also the fact that it can all be done in one dish.

Hi Kindle

Nice to see you here, lovely to see you are hovering at maintenance. Yes the 650 calories is an interesting one but maybe that depends on a lot of things height, age, activity levels, muscle mass etc. For now I am sticking at around 500 or thereabouts as I know this works.

Is that 0.3 kgs or 3 kgs. One is about 3/4 of a puns the other is about 7lbs.

Hi to everybody else.

Ginette

“Well done on the 2lb, you have every right to be chuffed. Keep up the good wotk. How much is that you have lost altogether now?” thanks NEmum šŸ™‚

Since I started losing back in April I am down 1st 2lbs. Some (a little) of that was before I started this regime, most since I started. I’m beginning to wonder if the doctor was right in that all my medical problems and the 5 surgeries knocked my metabolism sideways and this way of eating is getting it going again? Whatever the reason, it’s working and that is such good feeling! šŸ˜€

Ginette – that recipe link looks really good. I’ve copied it and may try it sometime soon.

I’m 51 going through menopause and have gained 20lbs all in my belly ! I run 3 times a week, use the elliptical and try to eat well ( I do like my wine!). I’m starting to get very depressed and hope this will help.

Hi Elfstone

Fasting sounds to be working for you and this is what matters, do you have much to lose?

Hi Jacqueline

Welcome to the thread.

When you say you hope this will help, do you mean fasting or the wine šŸ™‚

I’m sure you mean fasting, this will give you a sense of achievement when you lose and also it gave me a wonderful sense of control. Have you started fasting yet? This thread is warm and friendly and there is a lot of help available. We are all going on the same journey and so there is a sense of community.

Whereabouts do you live?

I am in the south of England.

I am sure you will get to know people over the first few days. For me the best things I have done in the past year is to start fasting and belong to the forum, it is no longer such an uphill struggle when you have people to share it with. We will encourage, push and pull you along with us.

Ginette

Hi all

I enjoyed the end if season party but oh dear the good was all beige! Fast day for me today….

Welcome to our little thread Jacqueline I am sure you will soon fit in.

Audrey

Ginette – I have another 4 stone to go šŸ™ – which is a bit depressing, but if I keep losing 1lb per week, on average, then by this time next year I should be at or near my target. Given that my Dr said I should be looking at 2 years at least to get rid of this, I’m fairly happy.

Jacqueline – I started expanding round the middle when I hit the menopause, so I sympathise, but as a recent convert to this way of eating I can say that it seems to be working and the stone that I have lost is visibly coming from my abdomen.

Jacqueline
    Welcome, I can honestly say fasting and this forum is the best thing I have ever done for my health and waist line. I wish you the very best of luck. Taking back control of my eating has been hard but so sarisfying. Ginette is right, there are heaps of people here to offer advice or just have a jolly good moan to.

Ginette
    I am at the moment 17st10. I’m hoping to make that 17 and a half this week and my under 16 first goal seems almost in sight.

Audrey
    Did you go in fancy dress?

Nemum

Hi Audrey

This will soon pass, your tummy will be back to normal soon. The important thing is that you enjoyed the party. It is strange how things we once ate really upset us now. We have obviously changed our eating habits more than we realised.

Hi Elfstone

I have another four and a half to go, so we are on tge same journey, having lost half of what I needed to I want to now slow a little so 2-4lbs a month is my target, I would like to reach half a stone less by Christmas.

I honestly think that for those of us with a lot to lose after an initial weight loss we can afford to slow down. I have found it difficult to adapt though and I am eating a load of rubbish at the moment (delicious rubbish it seems). I feel that this has brought the cravings back so I must get on top of it. The three days a week fasts are my saviour.

I have looked at Josie Gibson, she was in Big Brother, I got to know her through the Alan Titchmarsh Show, I always recorded this and watched it later. Some of celebrity interviews I enjoyed, they tended to interview people not in the usual celebrity news, authors, people who used to be famous but we’re doing different things now etc. they had a new product bit. I used to skip a fair bit as well. But Josie Gibson did a keep fit section on here occasionally, she had really wobbly skin, a bit like mine, a half set jelly!! She is so slim now with no lose skin!! She thinks that it is giving up sugar that helped. She does tge 80/20 rule, 80 percent good and 20 percent not so good I think this means (if any body else can give a better explanation, please do)

Hi Nemum

I think you can definetly be under 17 so be by Christmas. Let’s hope what we all get to pre Christmas we remain at after Christmas…….or below of course.

Head for the moon and you will at least be touching those stars.

Ginette

Good morning all – another lovely day here with brilliant blue sky and sun. I’ve just hung out my bed-linen and hope to get it dry by this afternoon.

Fasting today and feeling good so far šŸ™‚ Whoever said that it gets easier the further along one is was correct. When I think back to how I was on my first fast day, it’s amazing how much less hungry and fixated on food I feel.

I walked the trail yesterday morning for the first time since I started the diet and it was so much easier walking. Just losing that stone has made such a difference to the way my body copes with exercise. I can see me, now, getting back to doing a bit of hill-walking eventually šŸ˜€

Power to all those of you who are also fasting today. šŸ™‚

Elfstone,

I too am finding walking and in particular stairs so much easier now I am a little lighter. It’s so satisfying isn’t it, imagine what another stone will feel like?

I am having a problem today, but a problem I’m loving really, my jeans are too big, I knew they were loose, but NEdad took me to a retail park this afternoon and I had to keep my hand in my pockets to keep them up. I’m sure not an attractive sight but so chuffed. Pity I have no money to buy new ones …

I too am fasting today, but made a slight error in calorie judgement. I was having grated carrot, apple and cucumber for lunch with grarlic and a spoon on natural and yogurt, but then decided to throw in a bit of left over chorizo (35g) I only went to look at the calories after i’d eaten it … OMG 455 calories per 100g … I just added 160 calories to a healthy meal. I’m not panicking as I would have a few months ago, I’ll just re-calibrate today and I may be a little over … again! Live and learn, live and learn …

Going for a walk with NEdad later tonight, so I’ll burn some off

Love to you all
    NEmum

Hi Elfstone

Yes , nice that the sun was still shining. I am one of those fasting, 2 crispbreads at 4pm with a scraping of marmalade and at about 8 spicy chicken and vegetables, a favorite of mine. Yes once our food cravings stop life becomes so much simpler.

I read in an article that a pound lost means 4lbs less pressure on the knees, this is why you must feel the difference.

Hi Nemum

How lovely that you have to buy more Jeans, surely you can get the less expensive ones from the supermarket, remember you will have to keep changing then on the way down……

The Chorizo made me smile and also see how far you have come. I am pleased to see you have adapted so well. Yes the chorizo and chicken recipe I use means you don’t need to add oil or other flavours and all of the food takes on that delicious taste. I tend to always use kess than they recommend.

Ginette

Good afternoon to you all.:)

Yesterday was easier again – in fact I really didn’t notice feeling hungry until late in the afternoon when I came back from a 2.5 mile walk with a pal and I still managed to hold out until 7.00pm.

“I am having a problem today, but a problem Iā€™m loving really, my jeans are too big, ” oooooh you lucky thing!! That must feel very good! I’m not there yet, but I can feel my trousers loosening a bit – which ties in with what I was saying earlier about some of the fat coming off my pot belly.

“I read in an article that a pound lost means 4lbs less pressure on the knees, this is why you must feel the difference.” Wow – really? that’s an enormous difference. I’ve lost 16 pounds in total so that would mean 64 pounds difference on my knees?

I’m away to a funeral tomorrow and it will be a long, tiring day; I suspect I will end up eating all the wrong things šŸ™ I have to leave at 7.15am, coffee (and cake?) on the way there (to keep me going); ‘refreshments’ begin offered after the service at lunch time; coffee (and cake?) on the way back (to keep me going) and back home, I hope, at around 6.00pm – too tired to be bothered cooking properly, I suspect. I suppose days like these just have to be accepted for what they are and one makes up the difference later?

It was frosty here last night, but it is glorious again. Going out for a walk with my pal again this afternoon. We were walking after supper, but the nights are coming in so quickly – it’s dark by the back of 7 now, so walks have to be in the afternoon.

Elfstone,

Days like that happen, for me that’s the beauty of 5:2, take days like that don’t feel guilty about it then redress the balance of calories the next day. For me this is taking back control and not letting the food (good or bad) control me. Just roll with it.

With regard to my trousers I have a range of sizes, so instead of my 3/4 jeans that I usually live in, I have moved to a pair of combats and I’m just wearing a belt with my work trousers. I have 2 pairs of gorgeous red trousers that I can’t fit into yet, but I have moved them from the back of my wardrobe to the front, just to be ready (optimism or what?)

I’m enjoying my walking too, NEdad and I are racking up about 10 miles a week at the moment, but my max is round about 2 miles before my knee hurts. Little steps.

NEmum

Going to be away for a while folks – elderly mum’s cancer has suddenly worsened. Didn’t want you thinking I’d just given this up. Elfstone

Hi Elfstone

I have such seen your email, so sorry to hear your news, we will be thinking of you. I wish I could do something to make things easier for you, this is a time I can’t. The McMillan nurses are a great help, contact them if you are not in contact already. Xxx

Hi Nemum

Great news that you are feeling positive about things and have moved those trousers forward. Think of all the things that will fit you soon.

2 miles is a great distance, take things slowly, as you know the weather does dictate outdoor activities but the exercise is so good.

Ginette

Elfstone we are here if you need us and Ditto to what ginette Said

I am coming home tomorrow .

Will be in touch again then

Good luck to all

Audrey

May I join you please? I am most certainly of a certain age! Having been able, in my youth, to shrug off half a stone in a couple of days, I think I still haven’t adjusted to the fact that this losing weight business is hard work, menopausal-ly (if that’s a word!). I am at the top end of the ‘overweight’ category for my height and need to lose just under two stone. I have tried 5:2 before and it definitely worked, but I felt so unwell on fast days (despite having no relevant health issues) that I gave up (twice!). Anyway, I’m now trying again and this time I’m cooking real meals for fast days, instead of managing on snacks (albeit healthy ones). Anyway, I’m glad to be here :-).

Wish I had known about this 45 years ago. Definitely lost 8lbs over last two months and I’m nearly 70 years old. Going for the final 7 pounds now. I feel more in control of eating and not getting cravings apart from the odd pieces of chocolate.

Hello everyone, hoping to hop in on this thread too if you don’t mind a rush of newbies. I’m 58, and my menopause symptoms have just about gone. Hooray! Infact I think the weight I have lost on 5:2 might have helped (I’ve been going three months).
    Hi Ginette who I met on another thread, and Elfstone I remember because you joined the forums not long after me.
    Elfstone, best wishes to you and your mum at this hard time.

Blaise and Diana, hello!

Hi Audrey

Nice to see you will be back soon. You have been missed.

Hi Blaise

Everybody’s welcome nice to have you join us. Let’s hope that it is third time lucky. By preparing home cooked meals and not snacking you give yourself the best chance. Hopefully being here will also help you along. Soups will also fill you up.

Just ask if you need help, I am sure others will be along to help you soon.

Hi Diana

Welcome to you as well, I think we all wish that we had known about it a long time ago. I think sometimes you have to be in the right mindset to do it as well, you have started and found the forum so you are on the path to success.

Hi Cinque

Nice to see you here, the people here are a friendly crowd and will all be along to welcome you soon. Some of them are real early birds.

It’s nice to see so many people joining us, you can all keep us on our toes.

Ginette

Hi all,
    Newbies, welcome!
    Cinque, Diana, Blaise.
    Ginette has already said hello, she will definitely keep you rigjht. We are a friendly bunch full of encouragement, we try to celebrate in your losses and pick you up when things get hard. We do not judge and try not to preach.

I have learned a lot on this forum and hope you will too.

Elfstone
    So sorry to hear about you mum, drop in on us when you can, my thoughts are with you.

Ginette
    How are you doing?

NEmum

Hi all,

I’ve been a little lost this week, my Wii balance board stopped working again this week, but this morning I set to with a screwdriver and some sandpaper and hey presto I’m back in business and 1lb lighter, I was kinda expecting more this week, but it’s in the right direction anyway but still 2lb short of my stone target I was aiming for. I feel so much better for a session of yoga and muscle exercises and some light jogging (well moving my legs up and down anyway!)

How is everyone else doing, I’m not fasting today, but aiming for a light one.

Strength to you all

NEmum

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear about mum Elfstone; best wishes to you both.

Well, I have come down with a humungous cold today! Fortunately I work from home and everything in today’s diary is re-arrangeable, so that’s not too bad. I don’t think it’s anything to do with Monday having been my first fast day – almost everyone I know has succumbed to this virus at some point.

So, it’s a ‘be nice to me’ day today šŸ™‚

Hello Everyone, Thanks for the Welcome! Living in Melbourne makes me an early bird for most of the world! It will be nice to wake up in the morning and see what everyone has written while I was sleeping!

Blaise, I hope the cold is a quick one!

Lovely that you got to workout NEMum.
    I think I had a light day too! I didn’t have breakfast until after 11 so I just waited til evening to eat again. But what an enormous bowl of stirfry I had. Lots of veggies, some chicken and brown rice. Very yummy. And then some cashews for dessert. I am very nicely full now (so maybe it wasn’t so light after all), and looking forward to a Fast Day tomorrow.

Blaise and Cinque,

How many have you done so far? And how are the fasts going? We all have different ways of using up our 500 calories. Most here prefer to hold off as long as possible and have a bigger meal in the evening. I prefer to have my 500 calories in 3 smaller portions: 2 eggs for breakfast, 100 cal soup for lunch, meat and veg for tea then maybe a low cal hot choc if I’ve got 40 cal left. What have you done so far?

I’ve been doing this since about Easter time – more or less – I’m nearly a stone down, but had the summer off from fasting. My progress has been slow, which is entirely my fault, I’m seeing this as a a lifestyle change and not a quick fix, and I’ve done plenty of them! So if it takes me 4 years to lose my 4 stone then so be it, at least I’ll get there. And if this is going to be my life then I need to fit it a few unhealthy tasty foods on my NFD and I’m really pleased to be nearly a stone down even with my unhealthy tasty treats now and again.

As they say the best time to start a diet is a year ago!

NEmum

NEmum – I think I’ve tried every variation regarding when and what to eat on a fast day! I certainly find it best to hold off from food for as long as possible, but usually cave at about 11am (I can’t resist my daily coffee and that always sets off my appetite!), having brunch. I can then usually hang on until my usual time for an evening meal, which is about 8pm.

Cinque – thanks; I feel better than when I first woke up, other than when my temperature spikes, when I feel predictably grotty šŸ™

Ha! Just tried to use the tracker – complete failure, and I’m computer literate! Going back to my graph paper!

Couple of questions re the forum please ladies: is there a way to mark everything as read when I exit, so that I see only new posts on my return? And is there a way to change the settings so that, when I return to a thread, I go to the last rather than the first page?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nemum

Thanks for asking, going through a bit of a strange time at the moment, lots of things happening around me that are either sad or that I can’t help with. I know these times come and go and things will soon hopefully get back to normal.

You have done well in your loss, with summer off and the next time of usual indulgence for most coming up it is good that you have managed to do this. I just want to be the same weight in January as I am before Christmas, that will be progress!!

Hi Blaise

Sorry to hear about the cold. My neighbour has had one as well, came really quickly and seems to have eased really quickly as well. I hope yours does.

With the tracker I found my fitness pal to be best for me. This is downloadable as an app. You just go Ito more on the app and then to goals and set how much you want to lose a week. I set 1lb as this was my minimum. That has now gone down to 1/2lb as I want to slow loss down for a little while. I have lost a lot of weight and just want my skin to have time to adjust. I am mindful of the images of excess skin that is in the papers all of the time.

Hi Cinque

I am probably the latest on here I am in the south of the UK, I’m not sure what the time difference is.

So it is coming into your summer now isn’t it?

Blaise and Diana where are you both from? It’s just nice to know.

Ginette

I’m on the south coast of England šŸ™‚

Same as me then Blaise.

Ginette

Ooh, where are you Ginette? (If you don’t mind saying…)

Morning ladies and welcome to all our new ladies…..

I am home, have weighed on put 1. 5lb on was feeling bad about it till hubby got on scales and has gained 4lb! Don’t feel too bad now.

My tummy is still upset it appears I can no longer tolerate beige foods….. I am fasting Saturday and Sunday this week, no milena to help so if anybody fancies doing a liquid only Saturday followed by fast Sunday shout out please.

Have a good day ladies and remember together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi Audrey šŸ™‚ I’ve tried liquid only days in the past but my bowels seriously object!

Today is my second fast day since resuming and my menu plan is going well so far: had a yoghourt, kiwi and lemon mix for brunch and plan a cauliflower ‘steak’ thing, served with a piquant sauce and salad, for dinner (new recipe so have no idea what it will be like!).

Hi blaise it does take a lot of getting used to a liquid only day for sure.

It seems you have got your fast day sorted out, hope your meal is o.k. it certainly sounds interesting.

Have a great day

Audrey

Good morning everyone, it is a very warm, grey day in Melbourne, and so humid it is occasionally spitting out big drops of rain.

I began 5:2 three months ago, so at two a week that is about 24 Fast Days, but I snuck an extra one in a couple of times, so probably 26.

I haven’t got scales, but I am visiting my daughter (she is in Sydney, I am in Melbourne) in a couple of weeks and I will see what I weigh then. Last time I weighed (before 5:2) I was 62kg. My healthy weight is probably 53/54kg.

Five years ago I was just about hitting 80kg, but I lost a lot of weight cutting out sugar. But I stopped losing weight and even started putting it on again. Now I realise I was just eating too much. Also I still had the weird brain thing telling me I was intolerably hungry, even when I was full. That is the big thing that fasting has done for me. Every Fast Day those messages get fainter.

I love love love it!

Blaise, re your question about keeping track on the website. I found it so laborious at first, ticked the box to get things sent to my email and hated that! Then someone told me about getting things in your ‘favourite’ list. You see it saying you can add to favourites, just above where you write a reply.

So now when I come to the site I go to my profile and click favourites. There are all the threads I write in, and I can click on the time the last post was written and it takes me there. Then I just scroll up to where the ones I haven’t read begin.

That is the best I have found!

I also like checking ‘recent posts’ and ‘active topics’ and sometime I look through unanswered posts because even if I am a newbie, it is nice to answer someone who has posted and got no replies.

Best wishes to everyone

I wonder if there is an even easier way to navigate the site that I haven’t found yet?

Hi Blaise

I am from Portsmouth, I lived in London for a few years though as my mother moved there. Calufower steak? I like cauliflower and I am willing to try anything but it sounds very strange. Are you a vegetarian?

I have just bought some soya curry mince to try, this is dried and so has a long shelf life. They sell it in Asda, it is full of fibre. I must start working my way through the cupboards again, they are a bit full and things get buried at the back.

Hi Audrey

That’s not a lot, it will soon go. It may take you a few days to get back in routine. Just got two packets of rhubarb, one just cooked and the other in the freezer.

Tomorrow is a fast day for me.

Hi Cinque

I get them come as emails and I get reply from 4 threads this one, fat bustin Brits, my thread the 10 week one and a diabeties one. I also pop in to a couple of other ones on occasions. I was finding it too time consuming so I now have cut the time I spend down.

I am glad you find that it is getting easier, the fast days I have always found easy, the tricky bit for me was keeping the non fast days under control.

Ginette

Thanks for the tip Cinque – I’ll try that.

Ginette, Portsmouth isn’t that far from me (I’m in a little village near Lymington): I’m really a Londoner although have travelled all over because of my job. My daughter lives in London.

Yes, I am a vegetarian. Unfortunately the cauliflower steak was VILE – barely cooked (despite 15′ in the oven) and the sauce which went with the salad was like paint stripper. Definitely NOT one for my 5:2 recipe folder!

Good morning!

HAving had an up & down week – with not much focus… I am doing a fast day today. I have found I am fairly good during the day but its the evenings where it goes all wobbly. I will sort my surroundings over the next couple of days, and detox my cupboards.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Loz xx

Morning all

I have made some rhubarb and sugar free jelly ready for when I start to fast again…. I must say am really enjoying having puddings again hehe

Hope you ladies are all doing o.k. I am enjoying my last day before my weekend fast.

Keep in touch

Audrey

Thank you Cinque for the answered question about maneuvering on this site easier.

I had only one fast day this week. The first one of the week I had to forego because I ate out unexpectedly with a neighbor visiting husband in hospital. I didn’t go wild and the evening meal I ate from our usual fast day menu. After yesterday’s fast day I weigh the same as last week…still 1 lb from early summer before holiday. That is as I hoped. It was bad being so undisciplined for 5 WKS. Probably anyone would say that. That attitude is just now beginning to shrink in my head mid Oct and holiday ended early Aug. Attitude being that I can eat meals AND snack a bunch between. I don’t have to be crazy about the five regarding over doing OR reigning in. Snacking is not good for me unless it is radishes, celery or raw cauliflower all of which I like.

I think you, Audrey mentioned fast days are easier than the fives. I agree.

NEmum… I am impressed that you took whole summer off. Did you gain then? I agree that this is a lifestyle change and see from my eating that I pretty much have to continue with 5:2 to maintain. I am totally okay with that.

We are having pretty autumn weather and are in great need of snow (had not enough last yr) in our mts as we are a river valley in high desert in Washington state and depend upon irrigation for the all the crops we grow…many apples.

Hope each of you are encouraged with your 5:2. I think it is wonderful. My husband likes it too. He finds it is nice to maintain a good weight with 5:2.

Pea Jay

Balance between healthy eating ,and the right exercise,can help us a lot in losing weight easily

Hello!

Such an interesting subject re which is easier, Fast Days or Non Fast Days. As soon as I realised that Fast Days were making my hunger signals change, I feel that each Non Fast Day is an experiment.
    For the first couple of months I happily noticed that I was eating smaller meals and less snacks on Non Fast Days, now I seem to have got in a wave where I have one day I am really hungry and eat a lot, and then some light days follow, but it feels like my appetite is in flux and still sorting itself out (I feel like a Newton’s cradle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87VXA6gPuE ).
    Hopefully, by the time I get to my healthy weight, it will be a nice rhythm that I can understand!

I haven’t tried cauliflower steaks, but I did try whole roasted cauliflower a couple of times http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/recipe/8821/Forget-florets–roast-the-whole-damn-cauliflower.htm I had read of peoples disappointment with it being raw-hard, so I soaked it in water first which meant it steamed more inside. I cut the amount of chili, and it came out absolutely fantastic. (But the second time I tried it it was a failure! Time to try it again). There must be a real trick in making it cooked enough to bite into nicely, and not so soft it is falling apart.

I’m having a Fast Day today. Best wishes to everyone who is starting one, or finishing one, or gearing up for their next one!

Hi Loz

I was looking through my cupboards the other day thinking that I must use some of the things in there, I came across two sponge puddings, so one down and one to go. I always have a well stocked cupboard, it is now bursting at the seams so I must start using things. I think this habit comes from my Nan who always had a well stocked cupboard, maybe because she lived through the war years though. It’s not as if I live in a place that is likely to get snowed in either! I am sure I would be prepared if the ships shut for two weeks.

Hi Blaise

No about 45 mins away I think. Sorry that your meal didn’t go to plan. I am not a vegetarian but I sometimes eat vegetarian meals. I had a friend who was on a macro biotic diet, he cooked some tasty food, the trouble is it was all beige, I think that was more his food choices than anything else.

Hi Audrey

I had rhubarb tonight, I had my meal ready to take to Pam’s and then forgot it. What a dope! I had omelette and ham instead so no harm done and I shall have it tomorrow.

Hi Cinque

I get days where I feel hungrier than others, I’m sure it is all in my mind though. They do say that soup is the bast thing to fill you up. We just need to negotiate these times and find little things that help. If I feel like a treat I often have rhubarb as it is so low in calories when prepared with Stevia. Like Audrey I sometimes have sugar free jelly with half a yoghurt. Anything that helps fill that urge for a sweet treat, of course I sometimes just have a sweet treat!

Ginette

Hi ginette

Yesterday I made my rhubarb with my canderel and then dissolved a blackcurrant sugar free jelly into quarter pint of water then mixed the 2 together, I have to say it’s rather nice and a bit different!

Morning everyone, hope you are all set for the weekend I am celebrating my wedding anniversary by doing a B2B fast….. usually we go out to the hotel where we spent our wedding night! This year us going to be very different as ian is working. Ah well let’s all do our best to enjoy the weekend.

Audrey

Blaise,
    I’m going to Lymington for a weekend beg Nov (another weekend off) taking bus from up here to London and then train from Waterloo, so excited.

Where has Milena gone? I do miss her wit and wisdom.

On the subject of cauliflower, I have been grating mine and stir frying it with a few squirts of 1 cal oil. Lovely as a side dish with meat as a carb alternative. If a cook it lightly it still has a crunch.

I should be fasting today but felt like I needed a bacon butty, I’ll do tomorrow instead.

NEmum

Hi NeMum

Milena can be found on fat busting brits thread….I have asked her to come back here….
    We are doing our 2 day fast together again today and tomorrow

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 5,601 through 5,650 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.