Gout is seriously painful

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Gout is seriously painful

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  darwins_monkey 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi guys, I’m new to the 5-2 diet and me and the wife are giving it a go. It’s been 2 weeks now and I’ve lost 6 pounds which I think is crazy as it’s not as difficult to do as I’d first thought. I’m 35 and started at 16 stone 5 pounds and was generally very unhealthy with eating rubbish and drinking lots of alcohol. I would buy a bottle of whisky and drink it within 3 days but yesterday got diagnosed with bloody gout which is easily the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced so a lifestyle overhaul is desperately needed. My wife doesn’t need to lose weight as she is beautiful inside and out but she still wants to drop a few pounds before our holiday. The whole gout thing has given me a kick up the arse about my health as it could easily lead to something more serious so I am going to stick with this plan but I would like some tips if possible from the more seasoned 5.2ers to make it more bearable. Anyone willing to give some tips?

Thanks for listening.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I haven’t experienced gout so don’t know exactly what it feels like, but I am currently recovering from a broken leg so I can empathize with your pain.

All I can say about 5:2 is if it seems difficult to accomplish at first, hang in there and keep going. It gets easier the more you do it. Even if you stumble and miss a fast day or eat too much on a fast day, don’t use it as an excuse to quit. Just move on and try to be successful on your next fast day.

I’ve been on different versions of 5:2 (kept tweaking it to suit me) since September 2015 and fasting has become part of my routine. Don’t know if this will be true for you, but in my case I don’t even think about food on fast days.

I wish you great success with your fasting and weight loss goals.

Bronx

Cheers bronx, I do find it not too bad and feel good on a fast day almost as if food makes you feel groggy. Been doing it now for exactly 2 weeks and lost 7 pounds so if you have it to lose it comes off quick.

G’day Mark,

I can totally empathise with you. I’m in the exact same boat. I’m 39, 16 stone 7 pounds (105kg) and a gout sufferer. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy…actually, yes I would 🙂

I’m starting out on my 5:2 journey today (1st fast day) and I’m encouraged by your 7lb loss in two weeks! Are you exercising on top of the fasting?

Anyway, I just joined up today because of your post. This forum looks like a great source of encouragement for those difficult days I’m sure come with fasting.

Cheers,
    Brad

Hi Brad, good luck mate, the first couple of fast days are difficult but I’m only 2 weeks in and find it easy now like your body gets used to it or something. I’ve done absolutely no exercise whatsoever and have an office job so I’m the most inactive person you could imagine but the weight has still come off. I take it you’re an aussie with the gday so I would offer some advice, don’t over eat when us poms come and win the Ashes 😁

Ha! I’m one of those weird Aussies that couldn’t give two shits about the cricket, you can keep the Ashes as far as I’m concerned – I’ll probably get lynched for saying that.

But thanks for the heads up. Yesterday wasn’t as difficult as I was expecting, and I woke up this morning not hungry. I’m going to give this 16:8 a try as well as the 5:2. I figure every bit helps, no? 🙂

Never heard of 16.8 what’s that?

It’s where you fast for 16 hours and eat during the remaining 8 hour period.

Basically, you fast from 7pm and start eating again at 11am. You can eat whatever you want during that 8 hour period. It’s essentially the 5:2 condensed into a 24hr period.

I’m going to be doing this on my non-fast days.

Ah I see, yeah that sounds good,might give that a go

Here’s a pretty good write up I’ve found on it. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/168-anyone/#post-13231

In fact, a lot of the posts in that topic have good suggestions that I’m going to try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.