February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 734 total)

• What I really like about 5:2 is that after a while you look forward to the next fast & on non fasting days I don’t feel like I’m on a diet.
    I’m feeling much more positive this morning & am staying off the scales for at least a week.

Day 7, Maryland,US, NFD

Quick check in, so looking forward to the weekend. Only one fast day this weekend due to the extra bday celebration with friends. Looking forward to 5:2 next week. And DH is liking it too! Win! TGIF!

Day 7 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 6 — NFD

The eating went well yesterday and I hit all my targets. The fasting has also gone well today, but early in the evening I started to feel really tired and now can hardly keep my eyes open. This hasn’t quite happened before while fasting, so I’m not sure what’s up. In any case, it’s off to hit the pillows.

Have a great weekend all!

Day 8 Country West Oz NFD
    walked about 6 kms yesterday walking around Albany ,quite hilly so plenty of exercise, a balmy 27ºC though a bit humid.
    Back up the country ( home) it was 43ºC, very windy and a foul day by all accounts.
    Had a bushfire about 20 kms from us and got the alert on the mobile but noting we could do.
    Kept in touch with neighbours. but they all said it was well away from us.
    Today back home and coping with a sticky horrible 38ºC today and then hopefully cooler tomorrow.
    @mia 139, I think Perth is cooler than we are as the cool change has arrived a day earlier there ( about ?29ºC.)
    Cyclone off the north coast is not helping!😥😓
    Wow! there have been some good stories from yesterday’s posts. Congratulations to all.
    @ccco ( I think??) suggested getting back on the horse. I had to laugh.
    If I got ‘ back on the horse’ just now, it would be flat on it’s stomach with it’s 4 legs splayed and probably winded.
    I think the wagon is only just coping with me being on it. But I AM enjoying being back on the wagon and relishing the thought of improved health measures.
    To all those struggling, we’ve got you.
    Have a good and somewhat cooler day than here.😎

Day 7 Oregon White knuckle FD
    Day 6 CD
    Evening check in. Barely made my fast day…it was not emotional eating or sugar dragons I just felt hungry all afternoon. I had my 1st food after 17 hrs, might have been easier to not eat. Finally the hungry feeling eased after several cups of herbal tea. Nicely balanced dinner and more decaf herbal tea to finish the day at the limit of fast 800. Whew.
    Lots of encouraging posts over the last couple of days, I’m grateful to be clinging to this wagon:)

Day 8: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    @i-hate-lettuce: What a great health result for you yesterday. What luck also with having a doctor who believes in IF…AND, I must say, who gives you an annual check!
    Is this the NHS we’re talking about? If so….how the service varies. For instance, here…we do not get annual checks, even though, in my case, I am 66 and have massive amounts of diabetes running in my family. I do get asthma reviews with a nurse….but maybe not quite annually.

Well, I must try and get a grip of my eating behaviour this weekend. Back to my deliveries on Monday, currently 2 kg up after a week off!

Day 8, Emden Germany, NFD

got locked out and had to wait to get in again.

@jaifaim My MIL also has Alzheimer’s. It’s so sad seeing her like this. After a pelvis fracture and a stroke she’s not able to stand or walk anymore she had to go to a nursing home. It’s the best nursing home we’ve ever seen but very expensive, apart from what the health insurance is paying, she has to pay €2400 a month. She seems to be happy there, she doesn’t talk anymore but she’s following every movement in the room. She likes it when someone visists her but we don’t think she recognizes anyone. We’ll visit her this afternoon.

@i-hate-lettuce you must be so happy with your results, you’re doing really well.

@michelinme I’m making the yoghurt bread with seeds in it. Do you have other recipes like this, easy to make and delicious? I also gave most of my clothes away after loosing 20 kg and don’t have much left that fits me at the moment. Yesterday I found a beautiful new crèpe silk blouse with a loose perfect fit in one of the charity shops, this morning I found 3 suits I’ve never worn because the skirts we too large and had to be altered. I totally forgot I had them. Guess what, they’re still a bit loose on the waist but I can wear one of them tonight. Perfect!

Have to get going, won’t post tomorrow so see you all on Monday.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

@ccco: If I was water fasting for 24 hours in a row…I would be MORE than happy! So you’re doing fine….especially if you can keep your evening meal to 500 cals….it’ll make a 36 hour fast “day”.
    @snowflake56: So many of us are getting locked out of the site…..some kind of strict spam-filter, I was told. Spamsters are constantly trying to get onto the site, they say. Glad you got back in!

Day 8 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Hello!!ive been locked out by the spam filter but that’s fair enough…. has to do its job…. just bothersome when it happens 😂
    @saffy420 we are off to Devon next weekend and looking forward to it…. I’ve passed through the county before but don’t think I’ve ever stayed there… should be fun 👍
    @michelinme thank you! I had a great early night last night… after a bit of an EFS but that’s ok… tiredness dies wreak havoc on us…. you look after yourself too! 💕
    Well done on your great results @ihatelettuce👏
    I am off to vote and then travel to my parents ♥️. Have a good day everybody…
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 8 Melb Aust TDEE

Weighed in today – pleased to have lost 2 kg this past week, which has been very much needed to kick-start me back into the 5:2 WOL (though this week was more 4:3). Can’t expect such large losses to continue, but it was nice to see the scales this morning. After a TDEE day today, tomorrow will be a CD, then more FDs during the week.

@snowflake56, so glad you could find something to wear that you feel good in. I put on some of my blouses at the moment, look at myself, sigh, and remove them again.

@ihatelettuce, great that 1) your tests at the doctor’s were all good, and 2) you had a doctor that appreciates the 5:2 WOL. Some just seem to flip, and consider it almost dangerous, despite all the research which now supports it.

@jaifaim, enjoy your trip through Devon!

@ciren2, hope the scales are kinder to you this next week.

@angrypony & @lilymartin, glad you’re hanging in there. You can do this!

@matpi, hope you felt better after a good night’s sleep.

Also @michelinme, are you well? You struggled so much with illness for a few months last year; I hope you’re not sliding into the same pattern again. Be a little kind to yourself.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 8 – Lake District Cumbria – NFD
    Good afternoon everyone, bit later today,
    @ciren2 – Yes it it NHS service here, but rather lucky, they’re pretty keen IF patients are interested. I had heart problems in my early 40’s so they wanted to keep an eye on me and it’s continued (the keeping an eye on me that is, not the heart!) Each year I book my own blood tests and appointments online, used to have nurse ringing me up when I ‘forgot’ in the early days. I’m 65 later this year and in a better state than I was for years.
    Very supportive of 5:2 and even knew what I was talking about, even liked my way of using this WOL ie generally keeping under the BMR for the weight I’m aiming for, my BMR is now 1898 but I’m staying under 1800, ignoring TDEE

@basyjames@snowflake56@betsylee – very happy with results, encourages us all onwards!

Six Nations Rugby this weekend, 2 matches today and one tomorrow, so one small beer per game! Had a good long walk this morning and back in time for the first games kick off!
    Feel free to join me in a celebration drink this evening, still or fizzy water, with ice and or lemon, but there may well be a nice bottle of red on the table tomorrow evening for us, but back on the 5:2 wagon Monday morning!

Take care all.

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

Oops? Almost forgot to post today.

@i-hate-lettuce – well done on the test results & mission accomplished! Enjoy the rugby! 🏈🍻

Trying to behave myself today, before the next FD on Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈

Day 8 Cheshire, UK , NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well, ended under 500 cals in total. Today will probably be up to my TDEE as we’re going for a meal with friends. I’ve already checked the menu and have a choice of a couple of things I’ve already put into MFP so I know where I’m at calorie wise. Managed 4 mile walk this morning, probably won’t be able to get out tomorrow due to storm Clara.

@i hate lettuce, have a great time watching the rugby. I’m impressed you can do it with just a small beer. If we were watching today it would be beer, crisps and nuts! Thankfully my other half is in work all day so I’m currently eating an apple😀

Happy weekend everyone.

Day 8, London, UK, NFD

I’ve been MIA since day 5, so, to recap …………………. I fell off of the wagon with the ‘help’ of a bag of wine-gums on Day 5, out to dinner, so a NFD (NOT controlled!) on day 6, Day 7 saw Pilates and Pizza and today I’m out for a Thai meal so again a NFD with vino, I couldn’t possibly call it controlled!! The fear of the results of my own self sabotage have kept me off of the scales, but today I bit the bullet and ………………………………. The scales show, zero, zilch, nada, NO CHANGE!!! I really had anticipated a 2-3lb gain, but I’m not counting chickens or beating myself up, since all I’ve really had are some indulgent NFDs, tomorrow I’ve a kiddies birthday party to attend then from Monday onwards …………………… control, mindful eating, control, 3L water & some more CONTROL!!!

@betsylee, I think @rafiki44 is still around, she started this month’s challenge, but hasn’t posted since the 1st.

Hey @alliswell, @cateaus & @jacquie-b if you start your posts with the day, your location and whether it’s a FD or NFD, we’re all on the same page and can ask the pertinent questions, like ‘what’s the weather like today, there in Outer-Mongolia?’ ………………………….unless, of course, y’all are in hiding?????

Congratulations @basyjames, the halo polishing is well deserved!!!! Was the -4lbs due to the fat fast??

Welcome back @cateaus, I remember you from a couple of past challenges, unfortunately, as easy as this WOL is, it still takes work & dedication. As someone who never was the ‘ideal’ weight I think I’ll have to stay vigilant and on the ball ALL of the time, there’s no relaxing where eating is concerned for me!!

@cavanya & @dondons1oz you certainly deserve to pat yourselves on the back ………………….. fasting really is NOT as bad as you anticipate!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, reading your post, I sense you’re absolutely chuffed to bits with your results!!! This WOL is working for you, throw in a few MOAM’s and you can’t go wrong. Well Done You!!!!

@lilymartin, don’t you know, the wagon gets fitted with new suspension, shock absorbers & tyres come Jan 1st, ready for the influx of newbies ………………….. your seat on the wagon is secure!!!! But, like you, I’m keeping clear of horses, animal cruelty is not my thing!!!

@angrypony, don’t panic, you’re firmly strapped in to this particular wagon, no throwing yourself off!!!

Have a great weekend everyone, whether fasting or not. I’m really looking forward to a FD on Day 10!!!

@betsylee: Ha! That 2 kg you lost…I have it!
    @i-hate-lettuce: That probably explains it….you had heart problems…..but now look at you…..fit as a fiddle and ticking all the right boxes, eh?
    @flourbaby: Phew! Lucky escape for you. Now stay vigilant.
    @jaifaim: Aah the spam-filter….me too, join the club! SO annoying when it happens.
    @angrypony: Bet it was a relief when yesterday’s FD was done and dusted. Good effort, eh?
    All you rugby fans out there…..enjoy the games this weekend.

Day 8, MD, US, NFD

Thanks to all who have been supportive of us newcomers!

Confession. I have a real problem with the scale. Big aversion. It’s been 10-20 yrs, always decline to get on the scale at the Doctors, maybe last time was during my pregnancy because, well, they make you ha, and I’d turn around. Ok, so this sounds silly as a write it and confess out loud. So, I am 5’9, curvy and estimate I’m ~185 so at least 30-35lbs to lose. I’ve lost it before and always go by my pant size and how my clothes are feeling. I read TFD book and watched videos etc, understand baseline was to understand my TDEE which, clearly I’m estimating and have a fairly good idea but essentially flying a little blind there. I see this as a grow oppt’y and taking baby steps here. Keep thinking my FDs should be Tues and Weds, my DH prefers Mon and Weds, seems we’re in experiment mood there to include taking it all in, like, the WFD I see others are doing… during my FD, felt as though I could have just rather not eaten but again, I’ll see how this all goes and experiment. And, maybe I’ll suck it up, put on my big girl panties and get on the scale. I’m getting there. Just not at the moment. Love and light, 🤩🌟have a great day all!

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

The birthday week celebrations continue, had a delicious dinner out last night and planning wine with dinner this evening. Will try to regain some control tomorrow in readiness for the Monday FD.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Day 8 UK CD

I’m keeping it real today with a good rest & a bit of prep. Yesterday had a bit too much green pea pasta with egg & tomato sauce, but OMAD and a move in the right direction – no sugar!

Been pottering and faffing and procrastination – lots of useful reading about water bills, energy consumption etc but it wasn’t a priority for today! now to get on with my priorities – yoga & meditation, writing stuff for tomorrow & veg prep for a delicious OMAD supper.

@snowflake56 I’ve experimented with a few regular bread recipes – all good! – and finally picked my standard go-to recipe inc yogurt, gf oats & black treacle. Never fails, done in an hour, bit less dense than the others so slices & freezes well. I’ll dig out the recipe and write up or link ..

Congrats all who had a good week, comiserations all who had a less good week, yay to everyone for staying on the waggon – however tenaciously! I’m off to pick up what’s gone well (water,sleep) learn from what’s not gone well (ice cream, throat) and move on, hopefully.

Day 8 second post

@funshipfreddie @saffy420 @flourbaby @ciren2 and many others….

The last six months or so gave been a great revelation to me and this forum a great source of help and encouragement!

Yes, health had been bad for a long time, tried (and failed) to improve things, particularly weight loss, but us guys don’t do ‘slimming groups’ or clubs very well, but here has been brilliant.
    So first time for years I went for my annual checks with a spring in my step and a ‘right, let’s show em attitude’ and this WOL is working! Felt really happy to share my success with the group.

A big hug and thanks to everyone….

Day 8 Canada FD

Sorry I’ve been missing. A few days travelling and lots of uncontrolled eating 😞 After a CD yesterday I braved the scales and haven’t gained. I’ll take that as a 🎉

I’m making a pot of soup to get me through today and have emptied my wardrobe ready for a serious cull. Joining friends for a long walk this afternoon so a good day.

@songbirdme interesting article, I’m going to add some brown rice to my soup 🥣
    @dondons1oz fasting definitely gets easier
    @jaifaim that’s lovely to read your mum and dad are surrounded by ❤️ 8lbs is an awesome loss 👏
    @i-hate-lettuce if I lost 1lb every week I would be ecstatic 😂 Big congratulations on your check up results, that’s a huge motivator 👏👏
    @saffy420 hopefully this forum replaces your hubby for motivation
    @suki2 hopefully we both start heading down to our goal soon ⬇️
    @missybear belated happy birthday 🥳
    @cateaus I also ❤️ a great FD! I don’t weigh very often as the scales bounce around 😂
    @likymartin glad you are safe
    @angrypony lots of herbal tea works for me. Hang in there
    @betsylee 👏🎉👏
    @flourbaby yay to no change. I’ve been downing 3l of 💦 thanks to you and it sure helps
    @michelinme I’m off to my yoga mat as well 🙏

Have a great day everyone. I’m going to be 💪 so I can fit my 👖

USA Day 8 WFD

HaHa! Lilymartin and anyone else who read my horse analogy! Sorry, I didn’t take into account the damage that poor creature could incur!!! LOL I will be kinder to our animal friends in the future!!

Anyway, for anyone who might be confused by my 24 hour (not 36 hour) fasts, I am doing a Canadian fasting plan called eat stop eat. Those fasts are 24 hour fasts and not on consecutive days. I fell into this and was astounded how easy it is for me. I seem never to be hungry while fasting! After two fasts, I was disappointed that I had only lost 1/2 lb. but this morning I got on the scale and lo and behold, I am down 3 lbs.! Yay! It is working. Maybe that was my whoosh. I don’t think I really had one of this before but now I am very encouraged. I am pretty determined this month and after 8 days this month have not yet wavered. Usually by now I would have.

I begin my water fast today at 1:30 pm and will end it tomorrow at 1:30 pm. This will be my third this week. After I finish my kickstart portion of my diet, I intend to do two fasts a week. On non fast days, I am eating to my BMR, carefully measuring and weighing my food …and for those who are also doing this, amazingly, I am still dry, no wine!! (I do love my evening wine, so this is quite a feat!)

I wish you all well today! Some of you may already be in bed by now, so I hope you had a great and successful day!

Day 8 – USA – NFD

Welcome, @cavanya! You don’t have to go on the scale at all to see progress…many of us just use a pair of pants to gauge weight/inches lost. Don’t torture yourself over something you hate to do…there’s always another way!

@cavanya: Big ((hugs)) for you. I can understand what you mean about the scales….especially so if you don’t have any idea of your weight because you’ve avoided them for years.
    There’s always other ways, as @metatauta says. You could measure round your waist and keep a track there, or do what I did….change the scales over from (stones) and pounds which held deep meanings to me to Kilos, which meant little! Then as you get more successful fast-days done you can see your progress and get your motivation by seeing figures drop.
    At the very least you can have an article of clothing currently snug and watch it get baggy over time!
    Above all, go easy on yourself xx

Day 8 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’m off shortly to a gala fund raising dinner for our Children’s Museum. Know I will eat & drink. There. I said it. 🙂

Tomorrow is DH’s 73rd birthday, and we are still ever so thankful his sepsis wasn’t any worse. Doubt he will dance up the floor tonight, but it still will be fun to go out and celebrate the day before his birthday.

Onward and downward.

Sunday morning, Tasmania, Australia, NFD (Thanks FlourBaby)
    I am over feeling disappointed in the scales not going down. I remember now that this happened last time.
    I have had the grandkids for the weekend & took them to a new gelato cafe yesterday & actually had one myself. It was probably the best ice cream I had ever eaten, but what I love about doing 5:2 is I am now really looking forward to tomorrow’s FD. My brain & body are clicking in. I’m staying off the scales for another week & just going with how I feel.

Sunday day 9 NFD.

I ended up breaking my fast Friday. I had the house to myself so should have been easy to fast but I actually tool it as an opportunity to unwind with a wine and some cheese and crackers instead. However without breakfast or lunch calories were still low and I’ve controlled myself this weekend to keep them low. FD tomorrow and controlled day Tuesday. Im on target for the same or less calories than last week with 3 FDs (due to massive indulge on a nfd that first week).

Nervous for the weigh in Wednesday. I still feel like week 1 loss must have been a fluke!

Day 9 – Lake District UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Glad I got a decent (new route) walk in yesterday, it’s rather draughty and when the rain comes, ouch! Looks like it’s here for 24 hours or so as well.

@ccco – Yes it can be a bit disappointing when you’ve been extra good then the scales don’t move, but then suddenly and unexpectedly down they go, but it’s the long game! My tracker has a few (holiday) upward spikes, but if you ignore them the lows are slowly getting lower!

@songbirdme – Glad you’re heading off for a birthday bash! Don’t worry about where you might have been, enjoy where you both are now!

@dondons1oz – When I started this WOL the first month or so there were some quite impressive drops in weight, in all honesty I prefer losing just the odd pound or so. Not so dramatic and some say actually better than dropping too quickly, more likely to stay off with a bit of effort. If I could constantly lose 4 lb a month would be very happy indeed.

Take care all

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Aiming for another mindful NFD. It always amazes me when people say they ‘look forward’ to a fast day. I wish I could do that! I’ve done so many now, it’s like falling off a log; but I NEVER look forward to them.

Have a good S🌞nday!

Day 9: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Blowing a gale outside….still managed to get the dog walked as it had stopped raining for awhile.
    @songbirdme: Happy 73rd birthday yo your DH. He’s the same age as mine! I’m so glad he’s recovering well from the sepsis.
    @funshipfreddie: I wish I could actually look forward to a FD too….or even be able to fall off a log. The wagon left me behind so long ago I’ve forgotten what it looks like!

Day 9 UK NFD

Been back a couple of days but been locked out – Had a great time in Porto and watching the Rugby yesterday Off to yoga soon Aiming to get back in the swing of things catch up on posts and prep for good FD tomorrow

Day 9, London, UK, NFD

Storm Ciara is still making herself at home here!!!

@bellyblast, it’s ALL about the water, I’ve realised that even when I indulge and step on the scales with a heavy heart, as long as I’m at my 3L the scales seem to be kinder than expected!!! This week has been a revelation, but it’s the only thing I can put the ‘maintenance’ down to, since my eating has been less than stellar!!

@cateaus, Tasmania!!! That’s another pin in the world map I keep in my head!!! Sometimes you have to take a step back and LIVE ‘cause there’s always tomorrow’s FD!! On a ‘diet’ a gelato would have had you throwing in the towel!!

@funshipfreddie, with your successes, you don’t have to look forward to a FD, as long as you don’t dread it you’ll keep going. I guess for me it’s getting away from the uncontrollable NFDs that make FDs so appealing. I’m still working on having a ‘normal’ relationship with food……………………….. you’re where I want to be!!

Having said that, I can’t WAIT for tomorrow’s FD!!!!!

Keep the faith folks xx

Day 9 Melb Aust NFD

Meant to have a CD, but needed more calories today, so a NFD, but not overboard. Back to a FD800 tomorrow.

A few people have said they’ve been “locked out” of the site. That hasn’t happened to me (yet), but I’m wondering what you are able to do, if it happens, to get back on. Could someone please explain the process for me, please, “just in case”?

Good to see lots of folk posting; seems like February is the real “re-start” month.

Excellent news from @Ihatelettuce.

Sorry to give you my kilos, @ciren2 🙂

@cavanya, as others have posted, people use all sorts of ways to measure their progress not just weighing. I take my measurements once every week and that indicates progress. I do also weigh-in, but just measuring is also a good guide. The favourite pair of jeans you haven’t worn for a while, check them out and watch them become looser; the extra bit of energy in your step and being able to do more; finding it easier to bend and twist, etc. There are lots of ways to judge if there is reduction in size, you don’t have to weigh yourself.

Have a good week everyone!

Weekly weigh in. My Thursday blow out cost me. Lost just under a lb this week. Now weighing in at 222.4 lbs.

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@betsylee the spam blocker locked me out yesterday but its easy to request access again via the reply option you’re given if ever you get blocked. It’s happened to me a few times over the years I’ve posted here but I haven’t been blocked for long, JJ the tech wizard who looks after this site is very good and responds quickly.

Dramatic storm today so staying cosy indoors, a day for reading and putting my feet up!

Day 9, Cheshire UK, NFD

Yesterday went well, had a great catch up with friends. I came in at approx my TDEE even with several glasses of wine and a couple of G&Ts. It’s been a lazy morning, been drinking tea and reading the Sunday papers. Despite the storm, there are still people outside playing football (we live opposite playing fields), got to admire their dedication but the ball keeps trying to escape and they must all be freezing.

@flourbaby your mention of wine gums made me laugh, I think we share a love for the demon sweets. They can undermine my very best intentions in one sweet.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Took the dog for her second walk…this time in the park….the rain had eased so ,I took a chance. HA! It tipped and the WIND! The dog stopped in her tracks and didn’t want to go any further….but I’m the boss and, having started, we did the walk. She loved the towelling after her bath though!
    Back to work tomorrow and I need to get rid of this 2kg I’ve put on with too much uncontrolled eating all week.
    @betsylee: When I got locked out they put a note up to fill in my email and post them a comment. They reply quickly and I was put back on in less than a day. They get bothered by spammers, I think. @missybear has it.

Day 9 USA (Illinois) NFD

Great “Frosty Ball” celebration of our Children’s Museum last evening. DH & I had good food and wine with no gain this morning. Thankful for that.

Many of us have been ‘blocked’ by the spam filter for this site. Who knew they even had that problem at all.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 9 CD

Today is a CD for me, all planned out! At least the sun is out, so I might exercise by taking a walk today The rest of the week will be rainy. Oh well! Have a great relaxing Sunday, everyone!

Day 9 Canada FD

Yesterday went so well I’m fasting again today. Sorting through my clothes was a great motivator, there are so many I can nearly fit into. Comfortably at least 👖
    NSV (non scale victories) 🥇💃
    My belly and hips are shrinking 👏
    I’ve been strength training at the gym and loving it 💪
    I’ve continued to stay of the vino 🍷 which is big for me.
    I’m sleeping 😴 so well which is also big for me and helps make better eating choices 🍏

@ccco I’ll take a look 👀 at eat stop eat!
    @cavanya was thinking of you when I was adding up my NSV’s. Life is too short to let the scales get in the way of health and happiness 😘
    @songbirdme glad your DH is improving. Sepsis is serious
    @cateaus I love a good gelato 🍧
    @dondons1oz don’t worry about how fast the weight comes off. Sounds like you doing well 👏
    @i-hate-lettuce glad you have a new 🚶‍♂️route
    @betsylee I’ve been locked out as well. I emailed tech@thefastdiet.co.uk and they sorted it out

Yoga 🧘‍♀️ and a ski 🎿 today 😊😊

Day 9 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 8 NFD
    Out at retirement do last night for an old friend of DH. I was designate driver so small glass to toast and water for the remainder of evening. We ate before we left so only a few little nibbles. So not a total blow out. Today the storm is upon us. We managed a dog walk while it was just windy but now we have driving rain so no second walk.
    @emmataylor – so jealous, Sicily is one of my favourite parts of Italy. Enjoy.
    @flourbaby – I too have made sure I’ve had 3L of water most days since the beginning of the month and my weight has stayed pretty stable. I haven’t had a proper FD this week either, they’ve been more CD if anything.
    @cavanya – don’t worry about the scales. When we go away I’m not allowed to take them with me, so mindful eating helps keep me on track
    @bellyblast – I hope we do. At least we’re not gaining. Well done fasting on a Sunday.
    @mr shuggy – tomorrow is another day. Sometimes we can’t help a blow-out. I don’t have them as often anymore. Hopefully you won’t either.
    @ccco – read up about your eat stop eat diet. It’s not for me but it might work for some.
    Happy Sunday everyone. I’ll be joining the pocket list on Monday. I sort of look forward to a FD because I dont need to worry too much about food.

Day 9 Florida NFD I’m off track my friends and I’m going to seek help here. For the last 90 days I’ve been on a Protocol for MS that is Gluten-free, Dairy free, low sugar, and I must eat 6 cups of vegetables/day. Most people lose weight on this Protocol. I’m not. It has interfered with my 5/2 and I need to find a way to make them work together. Basically, its hard to skip meals and still get all those veggies in. I know I can do it. I’m going to post here more, not just do the spreadsheet. I’m about 9 pounds over my target right now. I think 🤔 I’m having too much of things that are allowed but not nutrient dense like Gluten-free toast, vegan dairy, and coconut milk ice cream. I need to hold myself accountable starting now!

Day 9 UK NFD

Yesterday turned into unplanned FD – and on a Saturday! No bad thing bc today has been another icecream bonanza. Sort of balanced out, I’m hoping.

Long day out today but less exhausted than previously despite v sore throat & lymph nodes like golf balls. Looking forward to FD tomorrow & a whole day resting & pottering at home. I think my head is in a slightly better place than a couple of weeks ago – self-care and sleep are the way to go.

I’ll catchu pwith posts tomorrow – and hold onto the pocket list with both hands!

Day 9 2nd post

@mogaman I recommend looking at Michael Mosley’s Blood Sugar Diet, I’ve been doing that on 5:2 for a couple of years and average 8+ portions of veg/fruits per day on the recommended Mediterranean style of diet. It helped me to drop 30 pounds and more importantly maintain successfully whilst still enjoying food. I think the principals of BSD will fit with the MS protocol you are following, will easily conform to low sugar and gluten free. Looking forward to having you join us daily for support. Good luck and wishing you success and good health xxx

Day 9, MD US, NFD

Started off my week with a Sunday solidcore class and run, proud of me today. Going to relax for remainder of the day with the fam and enjoy a cocktail and the Oscars!

@matatauta @ciren2 @betsylee @bellyblast @suki2 thank you for the encouragement and you’re so right. I have some jeans I’ll use to gauge and another pair that’s a size down that would be my dream if I get back into those. I got back to those before my pregnancy and can do it again. I’ll measure my waist too! And it’s so true, bending, twisting, all of those things are way to notice changes too. 😘👌🏻💖

I think tomorrow is next fast day alongside DH, and shooting for Weds.

Have a great rest of your S🌞nday all! Today is a full moon 🌕!

Day 9 2nd post Thank you @missybear. I’ll check it out!

Day 10 – FD – Australia

Actually now get what people mean when they say they look forward to a fast day. After a bit of indulgence my stomach hurts and I am keen to regain control.

Heres to a great Monday

Day 9 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫
    Hello!! Late check in…. it’s been a very busy weekend…
    Back home and heading to my bed… FD tomorrow night a hopefully a good week ahead….
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 10, FD, Aus

Thanks for that link @songbirdme. My OH has been on a keto diet the last few weeks (and dropped heaps of weight – why is weight loss so much easier for him!?!?). While I’ve not strictly followed keto, it’s just been more convenient to eat what he’s been eating. And that may explain why I’ve felt so tired lately, despite getting the requisite no. of hours sleep each night.

Lots of rain here which is great but does mean I have a manic puppy who needs his exercise. I’ve promised I’ll take him out this afternoon even if it means donning gumboots and umbrellas.

Your Day 7 post made me smile @Ihatelettuce. Great results.

I don’t know if I look forward to FDs so much as I look forward to having a day off thinking about food.

am Monday, 10th Feb, Tas Australia FD.
    Flourbaby- It felt great to be “able” to have a gelato, knowing that my FD was coming up. It’s such a different way of thinking. Knowing that I can do that will actually really help with my mindset. I now feel less like doing it. Today is my 4th week doing 5:2 & I’m staying off the scales until at least Friday, after my Thu fast. I feel like I have settled into it now.
    BellyBlast- I love your NSVs & this- “Life is too short to let the scales get in the way of health and happiness 😘” Next time I have a gelato it will only be one scoop & maybe only with the grandkids. It was delicious I must admit.
    Hope everyone has an excellent week.
    Pocket list? Is this what I do?
    @cateaus

Day 10 – Japan – WFD #11

Been studying more low carb diet related content. Not really getting it though. I really tend to think that it is more like using very high protein diet for extremely obese people. The diet itself isn’t long-term great but it is far better than being 250kg+.

Some of the things that bug me:

1) Ketones are pushed as being a better fuel. There are lots of unproven statements about mental clarity, etc. Personally I think that is probably more related to getting away from too much sugar and alcohol. Ketones are an alternative fuel but not everything in the body can burn them, some glucose is always needed. When shifting towards using ketones I notice at first lower blood glucose. After that I tend to be fine, but not better. (Except I tend to have bad breath, so maybe a bit worse.)

2) Net carbs … just seems like fiction. Fiber is important but the net carb math seems bogus to me.

3) Long term health … a) Too much protein is consumed by most people following low carb diets, that may not be long term safe. At the best case it might just age one faster. b) So much fat … I love fatty foods but the low carb approach pushes it to the extreme. On one hand fat is unlikely to be as harmful as it has been portrayed, on the other hand there is a lot of evidence that a lot of fat can cause problems.

4) Considering starches as evil. The problems I have with that is a) Blue zone areas tend to have diets with lots of starches, for example the Okinawa diet was heavy on sweat potatoes. b) It it weren’t for starchy vegetables there probably wouldn’t be many humans on earth. Yes they stop or at least slow down ketosis, I get that. I just don’t see how these foods are really bad for us.

5) Getting into ketosis is easy, just don’t eat for a couple days.

6) High carb diets also work. Vegan diets can be used to dramatically improve health. If the ketosis were the Holy Gail of diet health one would expect vastly superior results.

Personally I think the reason why low carb diets work is more due to moving away from processed foods and refined sugar. This is also the reason why high carb approaches can also work. Refined sugar is probably the worst possible food, only taste, no nutrition and fructose can be delivered to the liver too quickly.

The above is just my point of view. Just what I’m thinking about.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.