February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 734 total)

• Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Up early (oh…so hard!…) and getting ready for back to work after a week off….and 2kg up. Hopefully back in control. Although I don’t currently have enough willpower to fast, I don’t have the chance to eat while working (too busy and active on deliveries) so hope to get back in the habit of having just breakfast of porridge, a few squares of dark chocolate at work and just one (large, admittedly) meal after work at around 2.30pm. Let’s hope the weight comes off as quickly as it went on!

Day 10 Pocket List:

@cateaus
    @dykask

Day UK FD

Been locked out also by the spam filter so hopefully back in now! Trying to catch up on all the posts. Planning to be very mindful this week with fast days today and tomorrow. Maybe throw in another depending on how it goes. Taking great encouragement from all the posts.!

Found the weather in Perth hot but no humidity @lilymartin. It was just lovely to escape the winter here for a few weeks!

Day 10 – FD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    good morning! Well I’m happy with my weekend which saw me eat a little bit of added sugar with my parents and family but I didn’t go overboard but had some fab coastal walks in the storms…. I love an angry sea when I’m not in or on it 🌊
    @snowflake56 I’m very sorry to hear about your MIL… it is such a sad disease for the people around the sufferer…so my heart goes out to you and your DH… mum still recognises us all but forgets where we live or who has the children from time to time… thankfully the sufferer is the last to know about their disease. Dad is an amazing strong and obstinate man so although terminal he won’t let this illness get him 💪 and insists on doing as much for himself and mum as possible… 💕 but he is housebound so gets frustrated sometimes…
    Thanks so much for the thoughts all 💕 I am good at looking after myself too and have super support in my man and fab friends… siblings are good too but we’re all in the same space so it can be strained at times…

I must get back to my planks and squats!! Who is still doing them?

Pocket list day 10:
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus – yes that’s what you do! One of will scoop you up…..
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Today is a FD, and i’m going to try for zero calories for a change. I’ve never tried it before, and will go back to 500 calories if it gets too much.

Day 10 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone,
    Still blowing a fairly strong wind this morning, but not the gales that we had over the weekend! Only managed a quick MOAM walk yesterday, several of the roads round our village were flooded, had to paddle and revise route ‘on the hoof’ as it was! Hope you’re all OK!

Need a FD and walks today to get going after a bit of a lazy weekend, although managed a good new walk Saturday morning.

Re the site spam filter – I get blocked occasionally but a quick email or fill in the form and our techwiz, JJ, sorts it out pretty quickly. Must get fed up with Spam, so our missing out for a short while is not a bad price to pay to avoid it?

One or two have commented about weight gain after a short ‘feast’ or party etc, don’t worry about it, has happened to me regularly, but back on the ‘5:2 wagon’ and it comes off reasonably quickly. Our DIL is very much into her health/fitness and she has often said (weight gain at Christmas etc) “Quickly on, quickly off” it’s the long ‘creeping’ weight gain that takes more shifting.

Take care all

Pocket list day 10:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask

Day 10 – 2nd post

The fast is going well. I think the best fasting aid is a lot of prior fasts. Every few fasts tends to make the next on easier … probably body getting used to it.

My prior comment is more geared towards health, not weight loss. I can understand avoiding potatoes to stay in ketosis if one is trying to lose weight. What I don’t get is the push that you should stay low carb always for better health. That is what I struggle with. Many approaches make those kinds of claims. Vegans to ketogenic …

Good luck with the back to work @ciren2… it’s never easy! 💪

Day 10 UK FD

Not got weighed after our mini break going to leave it until after 2 FDs and hopefully it’ll be somewhere near where I was 🤞

@emma-taylor Hope your enjoying Sicily – Messina always makes me smile , it was our first trip and we’d done the overnight train from Pisa and they put the train on the ferry We thought the weather was fabulous for late March so we got off in our t shirts and shorts only to find all the locals walking round in big coats and scarves

Day 10, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 9, Hannover Germany, NFD

had a lovely weekend, celebrated my BIL’s 50th birthday, went to bed at 2am, had to get up at 7:30 am to head home because of the upcoming heavy rain and storm. Got home before everything cmae in, wiped out all day. After a good night’s sleep I’m ready for a good FD today.

@michelinme yes to more recipes!

@cateaus don’t get dishearted, we’re in the same boat. After 5 good FDs and 4 NFDs below TDEE I’ve only lost 500g/1lbs, so practically nothing. But I KNOW my weight will drop eventually. We just have to stay strong.

@betsylee it would be so nice to have things in the wardrobe that will always fit. We’ll get there but it takes effort.

@cavanya you don’t have to use the scales, a dress or jeans you want to fit it again also works well.

@jaifaim MIL was fine yesterday, attentive and cheerful. Your Dad is amazing, it must be hard for him.

Pocket list day 10:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 10 Melb Aust FD800

Good fast day today. Good to read all the discussion going on, too.

@missybear, @ciren2 & @bellyblast, thanks for the useful info re what to do if the spam filter blocks me. Hasn’t happened yet, but it could, and it’s reassuring to know the process to follow if that eventuates.

@ciren2, hope your first day back at work went well.

@dykask, Some thoughtful comments re ketones, aiming for ketosis, etc. I agree that anything which reduces refined carbohydrates and sugar is likely to aid health and wellbeing. Note that I say reduce, not totally stop. How miserable it would be to never be able to eat a piece of birthday cake!
    It is also the proportions of one food to another which can then addict. I remember seeing Dr M on TV once, pointing out that no-one is likely to eat a pound (1/2 a kg) of butter, nor a cup of sugar, just on its own, but mix it together around 50:50, and it is the approximate proportion of many of our very addictive foods, such as ice-cream as a prime example. The food manufacturing industry has a lot to answer for with their refined food products.

Pocket list day 10:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 10, Cheshire UK, FD

Back to it today after a weekend of NFDs, not too bad calorie wise but not the healthiest. When out grocery shopping yesterday I discovered a low calorie ice cream – chocolate and hazelnut flavour. It’s probably full of chemicals and incredibly bad but it tasted delicious as a small scoop on top of fresh pineapple. Yum.

Will be clearing up the garden this afternoon – we lost a few fence panels in yesterday’s storm – as we have dogs we need to crack on to put them in place somehow before we get them replaced properly.

Pocket list day 10:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420

Happy Monday everyone.

Day 10 Oxfordshire, UK – FD

Looking forward to fasting today as I ate chocolates last night. Had a busy social weekend which involved food and drink, although I was mindful I still feel I overdid things. I’m intending to have a focussed week. Next social is not until Sunday. So a whole week to stay strong.
    Had my early yoga class and ready for a dog walk this afternoon.
    @missybear & @mogaman. Blood sugar diet sounds like a good idea. I too struggle with fruit on this WOL. I will take another look.
    @MrShuggy – good luck with zero calories.

Pocket list day 10:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    Found a lovely quote from Winston Churchill yesterday.It resonated with me about this WOL, because once we reach our goal weight we need the courage to continue to stay there.
    ‘Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.’

Day 10, London, UK, FD (<800kcals)

It’s a very quick check-in from me today, I was hoping for a FD, but as I’m a little under the weather, I’ll aim for a CD. If there are indulgences, they’ll be the healthy kind!!
    @mogaman, it really does sound like a healthy diet, but, as with all things, moderation is key – 200cals of chocolate or 200cals of lettuce is STILL 200cals!!!

“Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — Lolly Daskal

Day 10 – Ireland – FD

Well the bread was a bit gak tbh. But made another recipe on Sunday which was porridge oats, yogurt & I added in some seeds, nuts & ground flaxseed. Delicious, almost too nice !! It’s sliced up now & in the freezer. Recipe is at http://www.anewu.ie/porridge-bread-recipe/ for anyone that wants it.

Pocket list day 10:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Almost forgot to check in! It’s looking like another mammoth Monday pocket list. I was anything but mindful yesterday. I hope everyone has an easy day of it…

Pocket List – Day 10 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Checking in to join the pocket list. Just had an omelette and some green string beans for brunch. Turkey salad for dinner. FD going well. Must remember to drink more water.

Pocket List – Day 10 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

Stay strong 💪

@brightonbelle – funny you should mention the train going on the boat. My dear husband is absolutely obsessed with that, and kept dragging me around the station to show me how it happened! Sounds like fun. Anyway, we came as foot passengers on the boat from Reggio. We have left Messina and are now in Taormina, in a stunning ( and cheap …) Airbnb overlooking the Duomo square. It’s just gorgeous. And we are too hot. We came away to swerve the UK winter and today I remember why. Keep safe, all the people affected by storms. Food wise I can only hope it’s easy on and easy off, cos it sure is easy on…

USA Day 10 WFD

Yesterday’s WFD went dow the tubes….stress eating, so I am beginning again today. Adding myself to the pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 10 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @ccco

For all those fasting today, have a great fasting day!

Work was busy…three lots of unaddressed leaflets to put in. I took nearly an hour just putting in half. I’ll prep up the others another day. Mostly dry weather this morning, but stated raining around midday plus a massive wind, felt like a hurricane!
    Mr-shuggy….hope the liquid fast-day’s going alright. I’ve added you to the pocket list.
    Pocket List – Day 10 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @mr-shuggy

@ciren2
    Going pretty good, and the hunger pangs aren’t too bad. Only drinking black coffee and herbal teas all day. Hoping to hang on until 10am tomorrow for a 41 hr fast.
    What exactly is the pocket list?

Just a list of people fasting on a particular day……helps to know who is with you!

Day 10 Canada NFD

What a powerful pocket list 👏💪!!!

It’s a glorious day in the mountains today. Lot’s of veggies 🍅 on my menu and 3l of 💧thanks to @flourbaby

@ciren2

OK, thanks. Good to know i’m not the only one hungry! 🙂

Day 10 UK FD

Got lockedout earlier but worked this time… clearly it’s my turn! Woke up with crashing headache, sore throat – feeling rough and v hungry!! Also v puffy and not at all myself.

Useful to remember that yesterday I revisited that sense of being a puffed up version of myself, an uncomfortable barrier between me and the world. That’s exactly why I started 5:2 2yrs 3 months ago, and almost certainly bc I’m 16lbs up on my weight last Sept. I can feel the slip in my relationship with food also. So I’m determined to hold onto that feeling of discomfort to strengthen my mojo on FDs.

Managed to resist cooked breakfast in favour of ginger tea and have slept most of the day. Not the easist FD and I’m awash with tomato soup, spinach, eggs and clementines. But it’s a FD! Making another litre of fresh ginger tea to take back to bed and hope to feel better tomorrow.

Pocket List – Day 10 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @mr-shuggy
    @michelinme

Day 10 Florida MFD I’m starting an 800 calories everyday plan. I call that a Modified Fast Day- correct me @missybear if that’s not the right term. Breakfast was a cup of fresh fruit with two tsp of cashew nuts. Lunch was leftover, flounder, crab cake, portabella, and coleslaw. We have a neighborhood meeting tonight thats at restaurant so I’ll be careful with that 😱. I’ve got 340 calories left for the day so I’ll be drinking only water!

Day 10, MD US, FD

Stayed up too late watching the Oscars, tired today and hungry. Add me to the pocket list, I’ve got this! 💪🏼

Day 11, FD, Aus

This is FD take 2. Yesterday’s attempt was unsuccessful. My mojo has packed its bags and is waiting for a taxi to take it the airport for a long trip overseas. I need to find a reason to make it stay.

Hope all the Day 10-ers did well.

Resolve!

Day 11, NFD, Tas, Aus.
    Yesterday’s FD was much easier than any of the others so far. I stayed off the scales this morning & am just going to judge how I feel for a while. Thank you, Snowflake for your reassurance. I’m settling into this now. My body feels more comfortable. I’m going to keep counting cals on MFP to make sure I eat under my TDEE on NFDs. Thanks to whoever it was that said they set it to their GW instead of CW. I’m doing that. Hope everyone who is doing a FD today gets through it.

Day 10 USA (Illinois) CD

Managing well but always in control! (well, most of the time)

The pocket list for today just rocks! Yeah for all of you. Monday FD’s are almost always impossible for me with having to conduct a 2 hour choir rehearsal in the evening, and tonight is our “graze around the table” social time. I will be good.

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 8 — NFD
    Day 9 — NFD

The fasting has gone well today. Yesterday went to a potluck and then snacked pretty heavily watching the Oscars. So definitely need the FD today. The scales showed a 1.5 lb (.7 kg) loss over the last week, so that was good news.

@penz Someplace I read that following a keto regimen reduces brain serotonin, but that has a smaller impact on men than on women, who tend to feel tired on a keto diet.

Day 11 – Japan – NFD

Water fast was easy. This morning I did running intervals. I’m currently feeling the muscle pain. No problem with sprinting after 36 hours of fasting. That used to be a problem, but my body doesn’t seem to care anymore. I know that is I start a long run, then I don’t feel like sprinting, but I can if I reach deep. However for shorter training I don’t notice it. However over 40 years ago I was doing intervals with 440m or 880m, now I’m doing 100m. 🙁

Pocket List – Day 10 <– WOW! So many people fasting!
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dondons1oz
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @mr-shuggy
    @michelinme
    @cavanya

Day 10 Oregon NFD
    Day 9 NFD
    Day 8 NFD?
    Day 3 of a brutal migraine, just starting to function. No fasting or logging foods for several days…so possibly controlled days, but it’s all a bit of a blur, but the end is in sight, thankfully. I’ll catch up tomorrow.

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Day 11 – FD – Ireland
    🚫 🤸‍♂️
    Hmmmmm yesterday was not a FD….. hoping today will be! In fact yesterday I ate lots of treats brought back by my colleague from France – I just couldn’t resist after more than a month of having great willpower….epic fail on the sugar free and FD but I was sooo tired and just caved!!!!!
    So a rare Tuesday FD for me …
    Pocket list day 11:
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Revised to add Penz 👍

Pocket list day 11:
    @jaifaim
    @penz

Onward and downward ⬇️

I suffer from chronic pain, and don’t sleep very well. After trying zero calories yesterday, I had a wonderful 8 hours of sleep. Maybe just coincidence? Tempted to go again today, but will decide at my 10am breakfast time.
    Lots of folk seem to have fasted yesterday. Well done everyone.

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@penz: Try not to lose heart….and don’t go away either. I haven’t been on the wagon for YEARS but I hang around. I hope you are successful xx

My day off today….yes, already! Just one day at work after my week off. It just happens this week my day off falls on Tuesday. It’s the least popular day off because Tuesday deliveries are light and easy. Oh well.

Later we’re driving along the M4 to Reading (that’s twice in one week) to meet up for lunch with DH’s family (well, one sister and her OH + brother-in-law, widower of his sister who died a couple of years ago). More eating out! I actually really dislike eating out, but it’s a good way to meet up with people we don’t normally see.

Day 11, Emden Germany, NFD

@emerald32 thanks for the bread recipe. It’s very similar to the one @michelinme posted a while ago. Yours has an egg and a spoon of milk extra, I’m not sure what the effect is, I’ll try it out next time. I’m sure it tastes as good as @michelinme‘s one.

@cateaus although I don’t loose weight or centimeters, I feel better so it’s worth going on.

@angrypony hope you’ll feel better soon!

@penz hope your mojo will come back soon, will be thinking of you today, go for it!

@michelinme ginger tea is my favourite at the moment!

@mr-shuggy fasting can help to ease chronic pain, I hope it works for you.

@ciren2 I don’t like eating out either but I’m a picky eater. Home made mostly tastes better.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Lake District Cumbria – FD

Good morning everyone,

Going to have another FD today, what a day again yesterday, another big pocket list, hope it all went well for everyone. Weather still very windy here but the roads that were flooded are much better, however things falling from trees make it a bit dodgy! So only short walks, which are better than none, but I like (no need!) my daily fix of a decent walk.

@MrShuggy – I find I sleep better since reducing alcohol intake, I’ve cut right down since Christmas!

@snowflake56 – Re your comment “although I don’t loose weight or centimeters, I feel better so it’s worth going on”, most definitely, when I’ve been on a plateau that’s what I’ve thought! I feel much better, move much better and like where I am, I don’t worry about holiday weight etc, but aim to shift it as soon as I get home, I don’t intend going back!

Take care all.

@i hate lettuce

I noticed that. When I started the 5/2 back in October I also cut out alcohol for the first month. That was harder than fasting as I like my beer! 🙂

Day 11 Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Forgot to add myself to the pocket list. But FD was ok.
    Off to visit my mum today. She has a hospital appt to have her eye cleaned out. Not sure what to expect.
    Have a good day everyone.

Forget to add list on my post earlier!

Pocket list day 11:

@i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @penz

Day 12 UK NFD

Thanks to whoever added me to yesterday’s pocket list – completely forgot

Struggled a bit yesterday and had to have an unplanned mid afternoon ryvita snack so still 650ish cals but I don’t want it to become a regular FD thing , I found in the past once I start slipping it can be very difficult to get back on track

Glad to hear you’re enjoying Taormina @emma Taylor I’m there in June

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Day 11, Cheshire UK, NFD

Yesterday’s fast went ok, I managed not to eat until about 6 then had Sunday dinner leftovers without the roasties and gravy (basically chicken with carrots and peas😀). Ended the day around 450 calories. The scales were kind and showed a 2lb loss this week. Today will be a CD. Trying to plan for a friend’s birthday meal out on Saturday. He’s picked a really popular Chinese restaurant and wants a banquet. Eek, probably thousands of calories and mega salt alert. So I’m getting the calorie deficit in early!

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Day 11 Melb Aust FD800

That’s 2 FD800s in a row. Didn’t intend it, but just didn’t need to eat much today. Maybe another FD800 tomorrow, than a CD. Haven’t lost any more so far this week, but it’s early yet.

@brightonbelle, you’re a day ahead of yourself. I’ve found for me that a FD800 works better than 500 calories, so that’s what I stick to.

@mogaman, a MFD can also be called a FD800, it’s up to the person. I use FD800, as Dr M’s more recent book was the “fast 800” book, but lots of others prefer MFD. You still lose weight on 800 calories, just a little more slowly.

Pocket list day 11:

@i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @betsylee

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 11, London, UK, FD,

Wow, I almost forgot to check-in today, usually it’s the first thing I do (after coffee of course) once I get to work!

@bellyblast, I’m continuing to drown those dragons, even though the tummy one isn’t roaring so loudly these days, I’m still aiming to keep him below the surface. The wine one has been quiet too even though I had to wake him up on Thursday & Saturday for 2 meals out!! Not too much of a struggle re-drowning him though, 3L just about does it!!!

@penz, I think you need to get down on your knees and beg & plead with that Mojo to stick around, if you do this in front of the mirror in either your birthday suit or that bikini from 1992, I guarantee he’ll stay ………………………….. it worked for me anyway!!!!

I’m banking another FD since the plateau is getting pretty boring!!!
    Pocket list day 11:

@i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @flourbaby

We’ve GOT this!!!!!

Teresa of Avila: “Patient endurance attains to all things.”

Day 11 – Atlanta, Ga. -USA- FD

Day 11 Canton OH NFD

I was so busy the last 3 days, I was not able to post.
    Weekend was good, I tried to stay mindful after my waterfast week while enjoying a few treats.

I slept better when I was waterfasting, and I felt really sluggish after eating. Maybe because I ate some refind carbs and drank some wine – a lot of wine actually LOL

I just completed a 36 hour waterfast, will break today and start another 36 hour at 6pm this evening.

Have only skimmed posts but hang in there if you are struggling, it’s like a roller coaster.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.