February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 734 total)

• Day 11 UK FD (800)

Planned a fast day today but had my first cataract surgery this morning and feeling I need a reward! And…. as we know that’s usually food! However have managed so far to stay the course! Will remain mindful and will probably be in bed early as was at the hospital at 7:30 am!

Good luck to all today.

Day 11 Canada NFD
    A quick hello 👋
    Totally agree that taking a good look at your birthday suit increases mojo levels. If I’m wearing those 👖it is the best motivator ever 😂

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

DH feeling good enough to cook us breakfast (scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, etc., bacon, etc.) so had to eat it! 🙂 Maybe tomorrow will be a FD?

Onward and downward.

USA Day 11 NFD

Just checking in and looking forward to tomorrow’s WFD, as it seems I felt compelled to eat junk today, something I rarely do.

Oh dear….again….I’ve eaten too much.
    My day off work, we ate out in order to meet up with DH’s family. I’m not keen on restaurant food…..too rich, spicy and much…but ate it anyway! Then wanted my usual food after awhile back home….so ate that too.
    Thankfully I’m at work the rest of the week so hopefully I can work it off.
    @songbirdme: I’m so glad to hear that your DH is getting his appetite back and cooking nice, healthy food. He’s a very lucky man after what he’s been through.
    @mia139: I hope you get good results after your surgery. Take care xx

USA Day 11 FD

Just turned my NFD into a FD after eating too much food. Hopefully, will end the fast tomorrow evening.

Day 11 UK CD

yesterday’s FD became CD when the virus hit… i just needed moe food and may have OD’d on clementines. Today feeling viscerally sad and as tho someone is trying to strangle me. The friend who gave it to me assures me it’s exactly how she felt last week – and for the next 3 days 🙁 🙁 🙁

So far today I’ve had a tin of rice pudding. I’m feeling cravings for the strangest things: spicy tomato soup, brussel sprouts and clementines are calling my name right now, tho not of course together. I feel a three course supper coming on 😀

Not feeling thinner, nor puffier. Just sick. At least there’s no ice cream in the house! Thinking that it’s Lent in two weeks, and Somehow whatever I give up for Lent usually sticks for the longer haul. Last year’s vegan Lent extended to October! So I’m thinking about sweets/cakes/biscuits ie sugar – or going back to vegan, which ended up generally much healthier. Hmmmmmm…..

@penz empathy. Don’t let mojo pack the bags, try on the dress/trousers/top.
    Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 11, Md US, NFD

Back at it again tomorrow for next FD. Quick check in to say hi, day is going well, woke up and did an AM
    Workout. Making it a CD. Hubby is off to watch Maryland b-ball game tonight so I’ve got the kiddos. Will catch up on posts later 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Day 12, Tas, Australia. NFD
    I feel so full this morning after having 3 “proper” meals yesterday. Unfortunately I can’t fast tomorrow as I’m going out to lunch. I really am looking forward to a FD on Friday. I feel too full.

Day 12, NFD, Aus
    I did yesterday’s FD. Yay me. Still not feeling the mojo but at least the FD was a success. Thanks for adding me to the pocket list @jaifaim – it worked! Thanks for the thoughts @ciren2, @snowflake56, @michelinme and others – I’m still here. Good thing about post-FDs for me is I don’t feel hungry. I brought in some mushroom soup for lunch and might have a steak and salad for dinner. I could even call that a CD?
    Thanks @matpi; I’d not even considered that keto would affect men and women differently.

Yay for you Mr Shuggy. With a good night’s sleep under your belt you can conquer anything!

You had to wake up the wine dragon, @flourbaby?? I would have let him sleep! (No, I wouldn’t, not really.) But you did make me laugh; if I flashed my birthday suit to my mojo it really would run a mile! (Which reminds me of a great sign I saw out the front of a gym once which read “birthday suits altered here”!)

Hope your recovery is swift @Mia129 and I’m guessing food LOOKS so much better now!

Thinking of you @michelinme and sending you happy hug thoughts to banish that sad feeling.

Looking fwd to seeing @funshipfreddie‘s camels later today. Always an uplifting moment!

Day 11 Florida CD Doing really well! I swam today- even though the water was cold, it was invigorating. I hadn’t swam (my main exercise) in 2 months due to 2 cataract operations. I’m reading another of Dr. Moseley’s books for inspiration as I reset my eating habits this week. The “fast 800 diet” seems a good way to shake things up for me- 5-2 just wasn’t as doable anymore. I will likely go back to it for maintenance when I reach my goal.

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

After yesterday’s indulgences I must get back on the straight and narrow. Wednesday should be a busy day at work and I’ve got all the rest of the leaflets to put in too. That should keep me out of mischief!
    @penz: I’m so pleased or you….you DID it xx

Got to go, see you later xx

Day 12, Emden Germany, FD

@i-hate-lettuce thanks for the encouragement. I don’t have another choice, have I?

@penz well done!

@mia139 I hope everything went well.

@michelinme I hope you feel better soon, take care!

@songbirdme good to hear your DH is recovering well.

Dance class at 9am, have to get out of bed.

Pocket list day 12

@snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Busy busy! I hope everyone’s having a good week; Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 12 – Lake District Cumbria – FD

Good morning everyone,

Reasonably good FD yesterday, but only a short walk due to weather, I’m not a fan of this time of the year, but it’s ticking its way through!
    After yesterdays lack of walking, another FD today (around 600 calories) for me and hopefully same tomorrow! I do find that FD’s without the calories burned off walking don’t produce the same weight loss, just seems to take longer!
    Need the weather to improve then can get out in the garden as well, that really helps, greenhouse jobs are literally just ‘pottering’ about LOL.

Take care all.

Pocket list day 12

@Ihatelettuce
    @snowflake56

Day 12 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Yesterday’s NFD became a CD, and today saw a small drop on the scales. Yay. Continuing with plan for B2B FD today and tomorrow.
    I weighed the dog today and realised since beginning this wol I have lost more than he weighs. I could hardly lift him, how did I manage to carry all that excess?
    Adding myself to the pocket list.

Pocket list day 12

@Ihatelettuce
    @snowflake56
    @suki2
    Have a good day everyone.

Day 12, London, UK, NFDS

So I’m having a NFD today as I’ve already banked 2 FDs this week with another planned for tomorrow. 4:3 is the only way for me to shift some timber at ‘my time of life’!!!

Speaking of which, anyone suffering like I was with the night sweats and hot flashes, listen up!!! The stress was immense, mainly from the sleepless nights & hot sweats which were intense, I’m not counting any chickens and I AM touching wood but the last 4 nights have been sweat free, flash free and it’s only been during the day, mainly after eating that I’ve had manageable flashes. I checked out ‘Earth clinic’ for help and as recommended I’m now taking 2tbsp ACV in water in the morning & just before bed, that’s it, the difference has been amazing, no PJ changes at all!! I know it helps with weight loss but I wasn’t taking it religiously, now I’m being strict because there’s nothing better than a sweat free nights sleep!!!

@michelinme, you’re really suffering recently with viruses, I hope you shake this one and perhaps the vegan life is for you, you seemed much happier during your vegan experiment last year, and perhaps that will keep the ice-cream at bay!!

@songbirdme, a month ago you (we) were praying for Mr. @songbirdme to be well enough to go home let alone cook breakfast, so I’m sure you’re so relieved to be able to enjoy every mouthful!!!

@penz, you’re on the right track!! You would be since we’ve got you strapped down on this here wagon!!! Your CD sounds just about right, lovely enjoyable, satisfying food!!! I think that should be the motto for our monthly challenges ………. “birthday suits altered here”! I have to admit, I was pretty scared the wine dragon would take up residence again after Dry-January, but my willpower muscle must be bigger than I thought!!!

That’s a fantastic comparison @suki, I need to find something similar to give the mojo a jolt!!! Perhaps someone has a 2 ½ stone toddler I can borrow!!!

I’m not beating myself up and forcing myself to fast, I’m now settling for 2-3 FDs per week without looking at NFDs with dread. The whole point of this WOL and what made it work for me in the beginning was the idea that I COULD eat anything I wanted in moderation on a NFD, that thought ALONE made me more controlled on NFDs and I really didn’t WANT to eat that cake/biscuit/chocolate on my next NFD. I’m not sure when I started being super strict with myself on NFDs, but I effectively put myself on a low calorie diet which led to weekend binges and developing a truly unhealthy view of food. SO, it’s back to basics and todays NFD will be an ‘eat when hungry’ day with healthy enjoyable choices, without calorie counting!!!

I’m still keeping this, from another thread, in mind ……………….. “several years of 5:2 have persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult, so I got too casual. Time to start again!”

Day 12 UK FD

Thanks @betsylee Don’t know how I managed to get a day ahead yesterday !

@flourbaby I might investigate ACV – I get weary throwing the duvet off

Aiming for a straight up 500 ish cal FD today

Pocket list day 12

@i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 12, Cheshire UK, NFD

Checking in, weather looks a lot better today so a nice long walk is on the cards. @flourbaby, I think I’m going to try the ACV. I often wake in the night with a foot on the floor and half a duvet.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 12 – FD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅ 🤸‍♂️
    Hmmmmm feeling ropey… a little like you @michelinme… tired and emotional…. but think it’s the bust few weeks catching up on me… I’m getting to bed early etc so hopefully will shake it…
    I didn’t get to read through recent posts…. but hope everyone is doing ok? 🤞
    Pocket list day 12:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

2nd post,

Here’s the link for anyone else suffering, I don’t have the energy to go through this without sleep or wine, whilst hanging onto the wagon!!! So I’m looking for any help I can get!!!

https://earthclinic.com/ailments/hot-flash-natural-remedies/apple-cider-vinegar/

Day 12 UK NFD

Thanks to @ciren2, @penz and @snowflake56 for kind good wishes following my eye surgery. Vision in that eye is now perfect! And so quickly. Other eye to be done in 4 weeks then it’s goodbye to contacts and glasses I’ve worn most of my life!
    As far as food goes I was fairly controlled yesterday and also so far today. The weather here is cold, snowy and windy and I’m glad to have a good excuse for staying in!
    Good luck to all today.

Wednesday deliveries were ok because the sun actually was shining most of the time. Unusual! Only went over my time by about three-quarters of an hour, happy with that as I’ve managed to get all my leaflets into the frame AND delivered them everywhere that had mail today….so not bad.
    @mia139: Good result on the eye surgery….I’ve known a few people in my time who’ve had it, and they didn’t have to wear glasses anymore. Did you have it done on the NHS or privately? NHS seem to wait until you’re nearly blind before they do it.

Day 12, Md US, FD

Add me to the pocket list. Had a hard boiled egg at 11 with my water black coffee and tea this morning. Hungry but work is so, so busy that I can focus on that. Looking forward to the weekend…. is it Friday yet! Really can’t wait till FDs are easier. In the meantime I’ll push thru.

Day 12 USA (Illinois) FD

Happy Lincoln’s Birthday from us in the “Land of Lincoln” state. As a kid, it was fun to get this day off of school when friends in other states did not. Also, we had one of the Lincoln/Douglas debates in our city, so we really do celebrate him.

@cateaus – isn’t it funny how we can look forward to FD’s? Good for you.

@penz – your posts are always so fun and uplifting. I really love mushroom soup too, the creamy kind.

@mogaman – glad to hear you’re able to swim again, even in cold water.

@ciren2 – stay our of mischief? Ha ha! Good plan anyway…. 🙂

@funshipfreddie – yes, happy hump day

@i_hate_lettuce – B2B FD’s – wow. Very much worth being on the pocket list.

@flourbaby – yes, I am very glad Mr.Songbird is improving. Some medical people at church on Sunday (a nurse & a veterinarian) both cautioned him that his recovery will likely take months. But progress is good!

@cavanya – I am adding you to the pocket list. Yes, I do agree keeping busy on a FD is always good.

POCKET LIST:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @cavanya
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 12 – NFD – Donegal,

Bit of sunshine here today and we made it out for a nice little walk on the beach, doggos delighted with themselves.

@flourbaby, thanks for the link, very interesting & certainty worth a try. Organic ACV is usually in the health food section of supermarkets for those shopping in a hurry.

Day 13, Tas, Australia, NFD (FD moved to Friday this week, due to golf ladies lunch today.
    @SongBirdMe-“isn’t it funny how we can look forward to FD’s? Good for you.” It took a few weeks, but that’s how I feel now. I almost said no to lunch as it’s now one of my FDs but then quickly said yes, knowing that I can easily change it.
    @Mia139-So glad your eye surgery has gone so well. I have cataracts on both my eyes, but I think they do wait until you can hardly see before they operate on them in our health system.I would love to do away with my glasses.

Day 12 UK NFD

Spent morning in bed then got up to meet friend who was in London for a few days. Definitely worth getting up for! Feeling rough but definitely not as bleurgh as yesterday; see how i feel tomorrow…

Yesterday CD became NFD due to nuts. Today was out for early supper. I’m reminded that OMAD NFDs don’t work for me – invariably I put weight on. So today I had a tomato omelette & an apple for late lunch and felt amazingly full. Body still out of whack with bug but going to try FD tomorrow – lots of spicy tomato soup, fruit & veg & ginger tea.

@flourbaby Thank you – I’d forgotten how energised I felt while vegan…I was almost bug-free! I did feel something was missing tho.. a work in progress. Definitely worht giving it a go again for 6 weeks of Lent.
    Great to see you in full flying mojo mode 🙂

@jaifaim hope you feel better. Sleep is massively under-rated x
    @mia139 how wonderful to have restored vision – liberating!
    @suki2 – your dog parallel made me LOL 🙂 Useful to visualise what we are carrying, have put down or aim to let go of
    @snowflake56 a 9am dance class?! wow! 🙂

Day 12, Va, USA, FD 3xB2B

Even tho I may not be posting much I’m still pretty much on track. Last week M-Thrs FDs broke the fast thursday evening with homemade french onion mac and cheese. If there was ever a good reason to break a 3.5 day fast.

This week I’ve been extra hungry but still hanging on under the 500 cals for the past 3 days.

Keep on Keeping on.

Day 13, FD ish, Aus

Feeling a bit rough today. Ate healthily yesterday but decided to crack a bottle of wine and finish the evening with a gin. Why?!??!?!

Are you willing to share your french onion mac and cheese recipe, Rabette? It sounds so delish.

Had a work breakfast this morning and I dare not calculate the calories of an egg and bacon roll…. Well, if not a FD then defn a OMAD!

I would love to lose my dog’s weight worth. What a great way to think of it!

Day 12 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 11 — NFD

Two super busy days with eating approximately in balance. We’re getting hit by a big winter storm right now, so all of my walking today has been done on my great room “track”.

@michelinme and @jaifaim Hope you get to feeling back in tip-top shape!

@mia139 Congrats on the great result of the surgery!

@suki2 Super result on the weight loss! Realizations like that are such motivational forces!

Patient endurance attains to all things!

Day 13 – Japan – WFD #12

Moved my fasting this week to avoid fasting on the international OD on sugar day.

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Haven’t got rid of much of the 2kg I put on while on holiday last week….yet (just 0.1kg!) Like petrol prices, weight goes up quickly at the least excuse and down slowly only under great pressure from market forces!

Good luck today’s fasters…..especially for you @penz…YOU CAN do it.

Day 13 Pocket List:

@penz
    @dykask

Second 0cal FD of the week.
    Good luck everyone.

@penz
    @dykask
    @mr Shuggy

Day 13 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone,

Well going for a full house, last weekend was a bit heavier on the calories than intended, but kept alcohol consumption right down! So going to have today B2B FD 4 of 4, (not something I’ve tried before, but listening to body, it’s not objecting so far) found the first 3 incredibly easy all around my usual 6 to 700 and feeling good. Busy day today which helps and weigh in day tomorrow which focuses the brain.

One of my biggest weaknesses is I bake our own bread, all types. That was part of last weekends problem, a new recipe or two to play with!

Day 13 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr Shuggy

Day 13 – CD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅ 🤸‍♂️
    So although no sugar these days I ate crisps on my FD yesterday… they were in the house and I didn’t have much else in the cupboards 😳 … they are my downfall and I’m not proud…. so not a great FD!!!
    No excuse… not sure why my willpower is shot this week…. I had a very restful night last night as I was not up for any of my usual activities and the weather has been awful… we have the weekend in Devon this weekend so really looking forward to that…. we didn’t realise at the time that it was valentines ♥️ weekend and I tend to try stay out of restaurants etc because they just milk it but we are just going to roll with it this weekend 😂♥️😂 i may also have a drink 🍹 we will see!
    @mia139 glad to hear your surgery went well..and @songbirdme I’m glad to hear you DH is doing well… thank god! It is very scary!
    @ciren2 you are going the right way ⬇️ @suki2 and others well done on the loss! Nearly half way there!!!
    I hope everyone else is doing ok? 🤞 thanks for the good thoughts all 💕 I’m grand I just hate feeling wiped but think it’s part and parcel of my makeup now with An auto immune and low white blood cells… Im learning that I need to practice more self care in between caring for others… I find it really really hard to just go to bed early when I get in from the days work and not do something or visit people but realise sometimes it’s needed… 👍
    Busy day today including doctor visit to discuss bloods… So we will see…
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13, Emden Germany, CD

have to go to a birthday tea today, not sure I can resist the cake and the drinks.

@mia139 great result!

@michelinme we dance twice a week at the moment, on Wednesday we have a private lesson, on Sunday we have dance class with 2 other couples. We love the early dance class, it’s a good start in the day. Yesterday we both had a pedometer on, my husband had 3050 steps on it, I had 3820 on it.

@ciren2 100g is a start!

@jaifaim hope the blood results are stable.

@i-hate-lettuce go for it!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr-shuggy
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13, London, UK, FD

It’s a quick check-in from me today, I’m very busy at work. I wish my post could be longer since that usually boosts my willpower!!! I need it this morning because I’m soooo hungry; maybe the carby NFD yesterday wasn’t the best idea!!

Anyway, I’ll soldier on even though there are biscuits in the office for some unknown reason!! I’m not even sure if the pocket list will help today!!!

Anyway, enough feeling sorry for my hungry self ………………… it’s a FD, so there!!!

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr-shuggy
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 13 Melb Aust CD
    Day 12 CD

Doing okay so far this month, and have been gradually whittling away at the damage done in the past few months. Not anywhere near there yet, but getting there. I’ve lost nearly 3 kg so far this month, the past 2 days nearly killing myself with gardening and repotting of orchids. The poor things haven’t had any TLC for several years, apart from being watered, and around half of them have been pot-bound. Three more left to do, probably tomorrow, and that’s a major job I can forget about for a another few years.

@michelinme, sorry to read of your virus – hope you get rid of it quickly.

@mia139, great the cataract surgery has gone so well. Woo-hoo to no glasses! 🙂

@ciren2, you’ve made a start by losing 100g, and big kudos to you for hanging in there for so long.

@penz, same comment as for @ciren2, you’re persevering, and not giving up, and that’s a huge step towards success.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 13, Cheshire UK,FD

Yesterday was a CD, lots of walking with a sandwich for lunch and my chicken and chorizo stew later. Woke up this morning starving with the prospect of a NFD ahead. I’m starving but will make do with an apple for lunch. My mantra – I just have to get to tea time, when fish and salad await.

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr-shuggy
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420

Happy Thursday everyone.

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Pocket List – Day 13 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr-shuggy
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @missybear

Have a good day everyone.

Day 13- Atlanta, Ga. USA- CFD

Day 13 Canada NFD

Have had a crazy sore throat the last couple of days so taking it easy. Good luck fasters 🙏

USA Day 13 WFD

Just starting my 24 hour water fast, so adding myself to the pocket list!

Pocket List – Day 13

@i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr-shuggy
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @missybear
    @emerald32
    @ccco

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday, about 600 calories. Maintenance at 6:1 is working pretty well. I still have to be very judicious on those 6 days though!

Onward and downward.

Day 13 Canton OH CD

I have had a busy week, so I am not posting and responding to posts like I planned to. So I have resolved to post just a line or two if that is all I can get to. I will get caught up because I know what happens when I disconnect.

Good luck to everyone fasting today. Hold tight!

Day 13 Oxfordshire, UK – FD800
    Late check in today. Been keeping busy which is good. Went to an interesting talk this afternoon about Eleanor of Aquitaine. What a remarkable woman.
    Thanks for all the comments re the dog’s weight. It is good to have a physical representation of what we have lost/wish to lose. It’s made me realise how far I’ve come and how I don’t want to go back. So although the losses are slow at the moment, they are always better than a gain in my opinion.
    Adding myself to the pocket list.
    Pocket List – Day 13
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @mr-shuggy
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @missybear
    @emerald32
    @ccco
    @suki2

USA Day 13 WFD
    Last Post

Kitchen is closed until tomorrow afternoon. Fast going well so far! Have a great day everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.