February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 734 total)

• I’m feeling a bit down that the 2kg I put on a week ago while on holiday has not come off as quickly after a week at work. Stupid, I know, but I’ve even found myself browsing at “appetite reducing” and “weight-loss” pills. I assume none of them really work, whatever the hype? Phenq?

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD 🍷

@ciren2 don’t go there! Weight loss pills have horrible side effects and DON’T WORK long term. I bought some from a private weight loss quack years ago and yes in the short term I had no appetite and lost weight but I became really ill, unable to go to work……and when I recovered I regained the weight I lost and some more for good measure. Better to maintain where you’re at and keep healthy until you feel motivated to do FDs. Chin up 😉

Day 16 UK NFD

Mostly healthy light choices today. Abscess not settling down yet. Fingers crossed something helpful happens overnight or I’ll be back to the dentist tomorrow.

Light supper, bath & early night. Looking forward to a quiet few days of all the really helpful stuff – the off to Paris for two days to celebrate DD birthday 🙂

Whatever the day blows in, go gently x

Day 17, FD, Aus

Seems like there’s wild weather on both sides of the globe at the moment. I spent yesterday helping a friend put her fences back up. The paddocks had been dead dry – then there was heaps of rain, and that filled an empty dam which then rushed all the dead vegetation into the fence line causing a new dam wall of sorts which knocked a good section of fence over. Feeling quite stiff and sore today but v grateful that I’d developed some leg strength through the toilet squats routine.

Last weigh in was ok – not down, but not up either. Stick that, mojo!

Day 17 – NFD- UK
    Well Dennis made his presence known in Devon… didn’t get much exercise in although did get out for a walk in the rain yesterday ….lots of time spent holed up in gorgeous country pubs but didn’t drink too much… that brings to 3 the number of nights I’ve had a drink this year but realising now that 2 drinks is enough for me where before I could drink for the night without really thinking about it…. The whole area was flooded this morning so it was a little hairy getting away from the hotel but we got out in time… the river was rising so quickly it was quite dramatic… 🚣‍♀️
    @ciren2 give yourself a chance 💕 its only been a week since your break… and don’t pay for radical fixes… you know what will work – come join us tomorrow for a quick fast? I’m going to be very tired as bad delays with flights back because of the storms so will find it hard but it has to be done as have eaten too well over here!!! 👍 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17, Tas, Australia FD
    I’m not losing at all, but hanging in there. Also trying to stretch the fast until lunchtime.
    Today’s pocket list-
    @penz
    @cateaus

Day 17 country West Australia FD
    Was trying for a CD yesterday until unexpected dinner out at the pub and I just had to try ….. the Fisherman’s basket!!! With chips!!!!
    I haven’t had one in years so not sure what I was thinking when I ordered. Nonetheless It was fresh and delicious.
    So a FD today and back on track.
    😅

Day 17 – Japan – WFD #13

I do find water fasting easy most of the time. At most I have a few hours where I feel like I would like to eat and sometimes an hour or so where I’m feeling a little light headed.

However, it is my NFDs that I struggle with. Once I’m eating it is a challenge to stick to just a healthier diet, a super challenge not to snack and it is also hard to not overeat. I don’t normally overeat in a meal but I do with add-ons, so to speak. Snacking is my major weakness. So I find eating much harder to control than not eating. Fasting is easy, just no eating. It is the eating that is hard to control, at least for me.

I think part of the problem is that I hit a point where I was really suffering with the move more eat less standard diet approach. Now even with my often not so great NFDs I still weight 10kg less than I was able to get too with the standard calorie restrictive diets. While I do still eat more food than I really need, at least it is much more nutritional food. In my mind I use a simple rule, if it is processed then I’m eating unhealthy, otherwise I don’t worry about it much. Now I do have some cheat foods, mostly cheese. Probably not that great, but I like it.

Day 16 Ohio, US — NFD (63 bites)
    Day 15 — NFD

The scales were pretty rough yesterday and said that I had gained 4 lbs (1.8 kg) last week. On the NFD’s I’ve kept quite closely to my general eating plan, so I’m not quite sure what caused the big weight gain. On the other hand for most of the week I’ve felt very tired and wiped out. So I’m going to try an experiment and return to bite counting and see what that does. For most of the day I’ve had more energy than I’ve had for the last week, so that may be able to translate into more activity and more calories burned per day. I hope I can correct matters with just small changes.

@dykask At least your cheat food is cheese, a good protein. Not quite like chocolate chip cookies which are my big temptation. Ah, if only they made chocolate chip cheddar cheese!

@lilymartin In Intuitive Eating they talk about “taste hunger,” which often comes for foods that a person hasn’t eaten for a while and has good memories about. In IE taste hunger is something that needs to be honored just as much as real hunger. Sounds as though the Fisherman’s basket was a great meal!

Today’s pocket list-
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @matpi

Day 17: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Start of a new week, and, hopefully get rid of some weight….ha…ha! For some reason it’s creeping UP, even though my eating patterns have not changed. The ONLY thing I’ve change during this last couple of weeks is that I’m taking a daily good gut bacteria capsule….but it can’t be that….surely….can it?

This seemingly constant stormy weather is getting me down too, when I slipped in the wet and mud on Saturday, not only did I twist my knee but my sciatica seems to be back. I had spinal fusion in 2011, which cured it, until now.I hope the pain will be temporary…

Today’s pocket list-
    @penz
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @matpi

Good luck to today’s fasting crew xx

Much-needed FD today, after an overindulgent Sunday. Saturday was fine; then I threw all caution to the wind yesterday.

@ciren2 – sounds like you’re having a tough time of it? I hope your sciatica is just a temporary blip; there are few things worse than back pain.

Wishing everyone a good week, & a successful February – Part 2!

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie

@dykask. I’m similar to you, as I find it difficult to control my eating once I start.. I find zero calories fasting days easier too.
    Zero calories for me today.
    Pocket list,
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy

Day 17, Emden Germany, FD

@ciren2 and @cateaus we seem to be in the same boat, hardly any weight lost so far, only 900g. We have to keep on trying otherwise it will only get harder.

@ciren2 I hope the pain is just a reaction of the slip, take care!

Today’s pocket list-
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 17 – FD – Ireland
    Thanks for popping me on the pocket list @funshipfreddie! Better get up and face this day….

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Snowflake56- I’m going to weigh tomorrow after today’s fast, which I’m getting through easier than usual. I’m then staying off the scales for a month. I’m not giving up. I’m aiming for 450 cals max today.

Day 17 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Busy early Monday morning this morning and a nice pocket list building!
    Don’t know about 4 x B2B days this week, will see what happens, my first target is creeping ever nearer!
    Weather not settled here yet, blowing quite hard and rain predicted. Garden is calling so might give it a go after my morning walk.

Take care all

Today’s pocket list-

@i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Second post…

@matpi I’m with you in term of surprise at weight gain… decided, being the masochist that I am to see what happened over the weekend on the scales and I’m back up … 4lbs…
    Did have some but not lots of alcohol… did have delicious sweet treats and good pub food… but I sometimes wonder if flying ✈️ also affects the results… whatever … I’ll have to apply myself today!!!

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear

Day 17, Cheshire, UK FD

Well yesterday’s FD was a pipe dream after all. I lasted until mid afternoon when I decided I was going to cook “proper roast potatoes “ to have with dinner. My husband decided this was a reason to open a bottle of wine, then the Valentines choccies came out. Oh well, today will be a FD, apple for lunch then fish and salad. Should undo some of the harm from the weekend.

Happy Monday everyone.

Adding myself to the pocket list,
    Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

I am floored with a flu since Saturday and can barely get out of the bed. Just about to ring my boss to tell her I won’t be in. Simply cannot go into work feeling like this. Aches, pains, sore throat, coughing…..but I don’t have fever so that’s a bonus. Lots of liquids today.

😔

Day 17 UK FD

Giving the scales a miss for a few days concentrating on eating healthy and getting in lots of exercise
    Don’t be so hard on yourself @ciren2

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle

Day 17 Melb Aust CD

Doing okay over the past couple of days. Slightly indulgent, but as a teetotaller, don’t have to worry about the alcohol calories. But then, chocolate has a siren call for me, so win some, lose some 🙂 .

To all the U.K. post-ers, hope you doing okay with storm Dennis. Looks like it’s caused quite a bit of damage.

@ciren2, hope the back and wrenched knee have settled down a bit now. Please don’t go the “diet pill” route; it doesn’t give anything other than short-term benefits.

Also that @michelinme‘s tooth abscess is responding to antibiotics.

@daffodil2010, you definitely need to give yourself some TLC. Very sensible to take time off work – both for you, and for your work colleagues, who wouldn’t thank you if your “bug” got passed on to them.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 17, UK, FD

Thank you for all the support and encouragement to stay strong and continue with this wol, its really helpful and uplifting 😃 , you guys rock! ❤
    I plan to fast today and will do my best to stick with it.
    Had a rough time over the weekend when my car broke down on a motorway during the storm Dennis, it was not fun 😐. Still trying to sort out car situation, which again is not fun 😂. But hey, I’m fine and and not injured so I am really grateful for that! Everything else is just inconvenience and material 🙂

@lilymartin its good to see you back and posting, you’ve been missed 🤗

@daffodil2010 welcome back 😃 , sorry to hear you’ve come down with flu now, get better soon 🤗

@michelinme I hope your tooth infection gets better. I had to have a root canal done in December, ouch, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you cos I know how painful and uncomfortable it is 🤗

@snowflake56 hiiii 😃, its that time of the year, birds are busy and our eagles too, lots of nestorations going on 😁, I’m getting ready to watch them again, will you? For all who wonder what I’m talking about, some of us here like watching eagle live cams during the breeding season, bringing up their young, really fascinating 😍

Adding myself to the pocket list 🙂

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything

Have a good day everyone 🌼

Day 17 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    This week I need to be really strong. Friday is DHs birthday. We have guests coming to stay at the weekend. I don’t want to be worrying about what I’m eating all the time but I don’t want to have a blow-out either. So I’m aiming for FD, CD, FD, CD. I’ve planned the main meals so no excuses.
    Adding myself to the pocket list today.
    Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2

Day 17 – FD – Ireland

The weekend went ok apart from the weather which makes it so hard to get out for a walk. I really felt for you @ciren2 getting soaked and then falling, I hope your feeling better soon.
    I’m adding myself to the pocket list

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2
    @emerald32

Day 17 UK ?FD

I’ve been feeling tired and hungry since I woke. But also weighed in at 4lb up on Friday at year to date high of 158lb which is what has kept me from toast and avocado.

This is also heaviest since April 2018.im feeling puffy and miserable. And my clothes don’t fit. Off to Paris w DD on Thurs…14lb heavier than I was when we booked it!!!

On the bright side, a tiny improvement in abscess pain. Yay! At exactly halfway point of antibiotics and balance has tipped. Phew!

I must drink gallons of water, prep loads of cauliflower for early supper and get to bed super early. Small steps make for big progress, with time.

@michelinme: It occurs to me that your weight gain of 4 lbs may be due to the anti-biotics you’re taking. However they are helping you with the abscess, so carry on until you’ve completed the course, then you may find the 4 lbs comes off?
    @emerald32: The sciatica is a bit improved today. Nothing like it for make you feel miserable.
    @snowflake56: Yes, I’m hoping it is just temporary extra pain caused by slipping up on Saturday.
    @betsylee: I know what you’re saying (in my head) but (in my heart) I’m wondering it THESE diet pills might just quell my appetite if I use then two days a week to fast?? So….which to go with, head or heart, eh?
    @suki2: Get those two FDs under your belt before DH’s birthday and you’ll be fine.
    @daffodil2010: Poor you with flu’….do look after yourself, rest easy and get well soon xx
    @dykask: @mr-shuggy: Like you, I’m an “all or nothing” person…..if I eat (which, actually I always do…) I go the whole hog! Being able to fast would be great, if I could.
    Big pocket list today….Good luck, all of you xx

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2
    @emerald32

Day 1 Loveland, Colorado, FD

I am 68 yr old woman, I have AH, DD, DS. This is my day one unless I’m supposed to count yesterday, I stopped eating at 6:30 pm. I have a life time of dieting. Still looking for the perfect diet. Here I am once again, on another new adventure. I new about 5:2 from the news several years ago and have read the FD book. Decided to see for myself if this would be the diet/live it that will work for me. It looks doable and from your entries I read it’s easy, so I’m all in. My goal is to weigh 135, I have 31 pounds to lose. I have always had to get off blood pressure medicine as my “Why”. For some reason it hasn’t been enough. I want to avoid having a heart attack or stroke, and yes, diabetes. I’m somewhat active, occasionally I still think I can do anything as a 30 yr old and end up recuperating. I do aqua exercise in a Silver Sneakers program. I am ready to start this challenge. Ready for a healthy and sexy looking me. Let’s just do this!

Day 17, MD US, FD

Sitting here with my water and coffee, catching up on posts and not in the mood for work today. The kids are home from school and DH is off for the holiday. Going to have to focus harder so I can get thru this FD. Add me to the pocket list. Hope everyone has a good one and those not feeling well, get better!

USA Day 17 FD

Welcome, Judyk9. So many of us have lost weight doing this program. I hope it works for you!

Adding myself to the pocket list.

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone! 🙂

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Snow here this morning, so we opted to stay home rather than drive a few hours to see friends.

@judyk9 – welcome to our forum group! We’ve had these challenges for about 4 years, and the procedure isn’t our own “day” but the day of the month. You can keep track of your own progress on our spreadsheet. I will find it and post it shortly. Those of us here have had wonderful camaraderie and support, and even in maintenance (like me) now doing 6:1 for my regimen. I lost 35 pounds from March 2015 to January 2016 doing 5:2 and being on this challenge forum.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 Ohio WFD1

I also find zero calorie days to be easier than NFD

Yesterday I epically fell into chocolate. Did not eat any Valentine’s Day or the day after. Went to church were they were giving away boxes of chocolate and brownies, I ate some and passed out in a food coma from all sugar. Not my finest moment I am afraid, just confirmation that I am human and will slip up sometimes

Next week, OH and I are headed to New Orleans (Mardi gras) to celebrate our 19th Wedding Anniversary. I expect food and booze will abound and to prepare for it I am embarking on a 5 day WF effort. Water fasting before an occasion like this does 2 things for me; diminishes my appetite thereby minimizing my tendency to overindulge, and creates a deficit so that I can indulge guilt free.

@ciren2 please don’t be so hard on yourself and more importantly do not turn to pills. When I worked in the ICU there was a beautiful 18 year old who died on my shift from taking those things. They don’t work otherwise everyone would be using them, there are worse things than being overweight; disability caused by diet pills that don’t work would have to be on the list. So you could be disabled + overweight. Give yourself time, and maybe take baby steps. Maybe fast for 12 hours, then 15 hours, then 16 hours, then reduce the amount you eat- bit by bit. Every step that you take is a win. Pulling for you.

@daffodil2010 drink up and feel better. The flu has been nasty this year

@judyk9 welcome to the group

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @basyjames WFD1

The list of acronyms & abbreviations from previous Challenges. Updated!

IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life
    FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days!)
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    Hunger Dragon – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied
    DD, DS Darling Daughter, Son
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE: Time Restricted Eating
    OMAD: One Meal a Day
    M/WOAM: Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    PFDS: post FD smugness (courtesy of @penz)

@judyk9:
    Welcome to the group. I think you will find a lot of support and encouragement here. Everyone is friendly and kind….we also come from all over the world, to add to the interest!

So the day is the same as the date, and we do a new challenge every month, have done since @coda started them in 2016!

The “Pocket List” is a list of people fasting on a particular day….copy/paste and add your name if you’re fasting…..it’s a kind of strength in numbers feeling!

And…good luck xx

Day 17, VA, USA, FD

Missed you guys and gals. I’m here, just not online that much right now.

Mostly have stayed with 3 B2B FDs M-W. However on Thursday I got this bright idea I was going to put chocolate on these peanut butter filled pretzels (and then proceeded to eat 1/2 the bag some with and without chocolate!) After that terrific example of what NOT TO DO on a FD I threw the rest of the bag away. I didn’t even care that I put work into them. I just needed to be rid of them.

So between that chocolate peanut butter frenzy and a whole evening of stouts with 2 different warm cheese dips! I did go up a whopping 6lbs. This was at a friends party (ha I know how to take one for the team…) I did manage to bring fresh made guacamole and fresh cut carrots and red pepper to eat. Which I am happy to say the other party go-ers must have also liked b/c it was all gone. Yay fresh veggies for the win.

<<Pressing Reset>>

I made chicken broth yesterday and tried a new brand, which is suppose to be organic (its hard as I don’t know what to find organic chicken here) none the less I have to say when I boiled it (as I always do) it did not smell nearly as tasty… I mean boiling chicken is somewhat a bit pooty smelling, but this was more than usual. I tasted the chicken itself and it seems to taste as normal, but still not overly excited about how it smells. 🙁 I may not be getting that kind again as it is not very appetizing. On the up side I totally don’t want as much broth and I’m drinking more water on my FD.

@ciren2 – awe, I sure hope you aren’t in pain too long. You may have to get one of the FDs by the horns and ride it like a bucking bronco (maybe with no wagon… or maybe thats what is pulling the dang wagon and why we fall on the thing.)

@dykask – I’m with you on the FDs being easer than the NFDs. I have found typically when I do several FDs in a row (like at least 4-5) I usually do better on my first NFD. I also do better if I plan my NFD *and don’t snack while cooking! OH MY GOSH i’m my worst enemy!*

@daffodil2010 – ugh flu. Sending well wishes for you. Get your rest and fluids!

@basyjames – dude… you and me both with the chocolates – Like I didn’t have/want any for V-day (probably b/c I over indulged the day before) but wow when I went for it I just went for it!

Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @basyjames WFD1

Day 18, NFD, Tas, Aus
    Weighed today, after yesterday’s 450 cal fast & 18 holes of golf on Sun. No loss still. I’ll stick with it as it surely must work. Everyone’s success stories in here will be what keeps me going.

USA Day 17 NFD

Today turned from a FD to a NFD on purpose. Instead, I will be doing a WFD tomorrow and Friday. I usually can’t do this unless I have eaten enough the day before, so that is what I am doing. Hope everyone is doing well today! 🙂

Day 18, OMAD (?), Aus

Like many of you, I find a water-only (read: coffee) FD easier than trying to limit my calories. But yesterday’s FD almost came unstuck. I am quite underemployed at work which means I eat to fill in the time. Silly, huh. I had a ham and cheese toastie and almost chucked in the whole day. I managed to plonk my lazy butt on the couch last night and avoided the kitchen. So a FD success but I’m barely still on the wagon, clutching at my mojo somewhat trailing behind.

Wishing you all a speedy return to good health: @ciren2, @michelinme, @daffodil2010. When the aches and pains sets in, it’s hard to stay mindful re food intake. Look after yourselves first. However, this WOL will be waiting for you when you’re ready.

Welcome @judyk9 – this is a great group and I hope you find it useful.

Welcome back @rabbette!

Day 17. NFD. Catania. Sicily.

Not long to go. Back on Thursday. Happy Monday all.

Day 18 – Japan – NFD

Water fast is still going well. Today I’m planning on eating breakfast at lunch time. Maybe hold myself to two meals today. That will push my water fast over 40 hours, but I don’t really feel that hungry right now.

I plan on taking a hard HIIT run and then doing a few pullups followed by a jog back. Then I’ll eat probably 90 minutes or so after that. Maybe that way I can slow down my eating for a day. While I’m not gaining weight, I’m thinking about trimming down a bit more … maybe going for a BMI of 24. (Still plenty.)

Wishing success to all the many fasting.
    Today’s pocket list-
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @matpi
    @funshipfreddie
    @mr-shuggy
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @brightonbelle
    @shinything
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @basyjames WFD1

Day 17 Ohio, US — MFD

Wow! That’s a great pocket list!!

The fasting has gone well today and it feels like my usual FD. The last few FD’s I was really dragging and I just barely made it through the last one.

@mr Shuggy and @dykask For me also, controlling eating on NFD’s is the major challenge. According to the founder of the mouthful eating approach, many people have their “stop eating” mechanism broken and so need to practice stopping when eating. That’s what I do with my bite counting. Here’s a quote from the “Count Bites, Not Calories” blog:

It’s all about STOPPING! That is where bite counting comes in, a place to stop, eating any food you desire/in your plan, without spending hours of your day obsessing over calories

I will close with this little bit from the chapter on The Mouthful Diet by Edward Abramson, etc

The more we do a behavior, the more it becomes automatic and reinforced

One Quote from the book in the Mouthful Diet Chapter… page 95

Learning to stop eating is the most difficult part of dieting. When you practice stopping frequently enough, it becomes easier to continue this pattern. At first, stopping at bite 150 is as difficult if not more difficult as stopping at bite 75 or less later on. This is especially true when you stop and don’t see weight loss. Don’t give up. Keep cutting down and keep stopping. You are rehearsing the behavior which is going to make the difference later. You are controlling your own eating behavior. You are stopping when you don’t want to stop.

So practice STOPPING! This really seems to be a lot of Dieting/Maintaining in one paragraph. When we STOP eating when our allotted Bite count is eaten, and Accept it, make a habit of it, that is when the results come.

Hope this also explains the rationale for my adding my daily bite counts into my forum entries.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Hoping for a nice easy Tuesday on the deliveries….usually Tuesdays are good….with NO rain (I doubt that, somehow). Tomorrow is my day off this week, so that’s when I need CONTROL!
    Hey, @rabbette: Good to see you again. Hope the reset goes well for you.
    @penz: You did well to cling on to yesterday’s fast-day…..one day at a time, eh?
    @judyk9: How are you doing? Fast-days get easier with practice, and many on here actually, eventually, find them easier than eating days!
    @dykask: Our water-fast hero!

Got to go now, or I’ll be late for work.
    See you later xx

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD

@ciren2 I totally agree with the good comment @basyjames gave you. Diet pills are the wrong way to loose weight, we have to get to our goal weight in a save way.

@daffodil2010 I hope you feel better today!

@cateaus it’s the same here, very actice day with 350cals, no loss. I know my weight will go down, but it would be so nice to see it on the scales or in my clothes. Are you going for the fit of your clothes or measurement for the next month?

@shinything I’m not sure if I’m going to follow the eagles this year. Last year I had so many sleepless nights. We were online hoping to hear news on D32 when we saw D33 fall of the branch and heard her landing on the ground, just terrible. D32 is still at SOAR but is ready to leave if the weather will allow it. I know it’s nature but I unrealisticly expect everything to go well.

@judyk9 welcome! Just try it for a while, it might be the diet or WOL that suits you.

Have a nice day everyone!

@snowflake56 No loss for 3 weeks. I won’t measure & will just hope my clothes get looser.

Day 18 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Despite the gales at least it was dry yesterday! Got out for a good MOAM walk, then in the garden, managed to get a good few hours in. I feel better and the garden, well I got quite a few jobs done, but found quite a bit of dead wood in the shrubs. Some have already been pruned back hard, more to do before I tackle the moss in the lawns! However a good workout for me.
    Weird weather, snowdrops now finished,so many things in bud, far too early!

Take care all

Pocket list day 18

@i-hate-lettuce

Day 18 UK FD

Trying to get back into the fasting. Been busy this week with family birthdays .. I know.. excuses excuses. Also been off work with “the eye” so actually can’t wait to get back and into my normal routine!
    Planning a FD today and tomorrow so see how that goes.
    Will catch up on all the posts and gain much needed inspiration from thie amazing people on this so supportive forum.

Day 18 UK NFD

What a lovely group this month – very supportive/ helpful as usual and very honest ,it’s good to be able to share our struggles just as much as the success . I like it when folk pop in occasionally to spice things up .

@emma Taylor Hope you’re enjoying Catania we had 3 days there in October aftemany times rushing through either coming or going to the airport and we really liked it

Day 18. NFD. Catania Sicily

@ Brightonbelle – loving Catania. I had sea urchins yesterday. Never had them before. Liked them but maybe won’t have them again! There’s been a lot of that this holiday, trying Italian food I’ve never had before, usually liking it but knowing I’ll probably never have it again. I really want to try Cynar. I love artichokes, so a drink made from artichokes must be good, right? We saw a huge version of the Willendorf Venus in Siracusa, and I thought ‘that’s how I feel’. Looking forward to doing some proper fasting when I get back this week, but I’ll really miss the lovely Italian people, way of life, and (unseasonal) beautiful weather. It’s normally rainy here, apparently, in February. Happy Tuesday, all.

Day 18, London, UK, FD

I’m hanging on by a fingernail!!! My mojo is intact (but easily side-tracked!), my determination is fully revved up, but ……………………… I just can’t shut out the demon on my shoulder saying “It won’t hurt ………….. easy on, easy off …………….. just this once ……………….. Oh, go on!!!” It’s like I was on a holiday from this WOL & fasting over the weekend!! Now I’ve 3 FDs before I’m off to Spain for my Birthday at an AI Spa hotel!!! I hadn’t planned tor wanted to do B2B2Bs anymore but after this weekend I NEED TO!!!!

@matpi ……………………. Hmm, Chocolate chip cheddar cheese? I’ll try anything once!!! They’re selling chocolate cream cheese at the moment, which I feel I NEED to try, but do I really????

@michelinme, I’m not sure why I’ve been self-sabotaging either, but the tight clothes and puffy face are really starting to get on my nerves, it really is time to knuckle down and DO THIS properly, I did it before!!

@basyjames, the food coma is ‘REAL’ I keep finding myself having a hot flash after eating then promptly nodding off for 20 minutes!!! Wine is worse, the nap becomes ½ hour!!! Perhaps I should JUST STOP EATING??? Good luck with the Epic Water Fast…………… you’ve got this!!!

@daffodil2010, feel better soon, if not, crack open the Jamesons!!!

Welcome @judyk9, now that’s where I want to live ‘LOVELAND’, it sounds fabulous!!!

@penz, hang in there!!! You & I are sharing the fingernail ledge on this wagon!! At least I’m in good company, we can’t abandon each other, but we can slowly shift our perspective & climb higher ………………. Fingernail, then finger, then palm, hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, boobs, torso, bum, (substantial) thighs and finally feet ………….. it’s a 12 step programme of sorts, I can’t wait to park my bum in that seat and strap on the seatbelt, but I’ll take it one step at a time!!!

It’s depressing to know I’ve gone so far (so quickly too!!!) in the wrong direction & did nothing about it, BUT the towel is firmly in place and won’t be thrown anywhere anytime soon!!! It may well be hormonal and due to the nightmare changes going on, but that’s NO excuse to not do this 100%!!! My Will-o’-the-wisp like Mojo needs a good talking to, although it’s still here I think it’s napping too frequently!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.