February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 734 total)

• Day18, Cheshire UK NFD

Last week I really struggled with FDs, I was so hungry (hangry) I wasn’t worth talking to. I was on this forum about ten times each day to get the support I needed so thank you to you all. Then yesterday’s FD was so easy. I did a 5 mile walk, didn’t eat until tea time. We went to the pictures to see Emma and I told my husband to finish the Valentines chocolates. Our bodies are strange things. Last week I could have eaten my own leg and I was miserable.

@ciren2, think I might be making work or you this week. As part of my post Christmas clear out I’ve listed about 20 things on eBay, they’re all selling, much to my surprise. The walk to the PO is about a mile each way so I’m taking a few each day!

Good luck to everyone today.

Happy Tuesday.

Day 18 – NFD – Ireland
    Hi all!
    @shinything I’m so glad you are ok…. we had a nerve racking drive on Sunday in the storm and I can only imagine how scary it was for you on the side of the road….. I also have car trouble here at the moment and even though I’m bothered by the cost it’s more the time you have to spend sorting these things out that really gets me!
    So… decided to weigh today and 3lbs down since yesterday after 4lbs up from Friday… so maybe flying really does result in a temporary weight gain… to be honest I’m not expecting great things this week after the weekend… and I just had a scone….. 😬
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Still off work but the flu is 6 days in now and I feel I have turned the corner. Haven’t coughed so much today, aches are gone, still sniffling, throat a tad sore but apart from that I am in good form. Spending the day resting and recuperating with lots of fluids and broths and positive thoughts and will be back to work tomorrow.

The guilt is real – I know I was sick, but what a time to get sick and not go to work directly after almost two weeks of a holiday 😱 And of course, as I was travelling the fear of Corona-virus was lurking (which is ridiculous as I was in Lanzarote) but airports and aeroplanes are the worst places to catch bugs.

Anyway, I did some Reiki too, and feel that I am ready to roll out of the sick bed. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and seems a few of us were poorly too. Hope everyone is on the mend.

Sadly my appetite is in fine form and I am eating well, though thankfully good food and not rubbish. Not sure if it’s wise to fast this week, I will take each day as it comes.

Off now to google recipes for anti-inflammatory soups!!!

Day 18 Melb Aust FD800

Doing okay. Just have to persevere. I’ve also been dealing with a pair of mis-behaving scales(?) the past couple of days – nothing to do with what I’ve been eating 🙂 . Well, if I can make myself believe that, I guess I also have to believe in little green men hiding in the closet. Sigh! Haven’t really been bad, but have eaten some bought food with a much higher salt content than my cooking. It will be better tomorrow!

Concerned to read of the various sicknesses folk are contending with. Hope you all recover quickly.

Likewise, hope the mojo gets found again quickly for @penz, @flourbaby, @michelinme and all of us needing to move in a downwards direction. We can do it!

Day 18 Oxfordshire, UK – CD

Thanks @ciren2 for the supportive words. It really helps to know others out there are rooting for your successes too. I hope your recent injuries are on the mend. DH suffers with back pain which can be aggravated just by a touch of gardening.

Yesterday was an ok FD; scales are back where they were last Monday. I’m hoping to lose a little more over the next few days if only to bank it for the weekend.
    I called in to see elderly neighbour for a chat and a cup of tea. He was widowed this time last year unexpectedly. But he stays positive, now goes to exercise classes 🙂 at 88. Puts me to shame.
    Writing group tonight. Keeps me occupied and I’m not tempted to snack.
    Onward and downward. Stay strong everyone.

Day 18 – NFD – Donegal

Had a good FD yesterday. My glass of water with ACV really helps keep those hunger pangs at bay. Watching the news last night I hope no one is caught up in the floods. Looks dreadful.

@ciren2 – most of those diet pills as in the raspberry, grapefruit bla bla bla are all scams that just want your credit card details, lock you in for a year supply, and don’t work. I often considered them but thank the heavens I googled it first and didn’t get caught out. GPs stopped prescribing diet pills due to reasons described by @basyjames. I hope the sciatica is easing up and your on the mend
    @daffodil2010 – you got a right dose, glad to hear your getting better
    @judyk9 – welcome to the group
    @emma Taylor – you really had the right idea to get away form this awful weather, sound like your having a great time enjoy your last few days
    Keep safe everyone

Day 18 Canada NFD

Finally feeling like I’m shaking off the flu, the sore throat is gone and I just have a rattley cough to go. Looking forward to finishing up the month strongly 💪

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@jaimfaim – I don’t know why I put you on the list yesterday, as you’d initially put ‘NFD’? Maybe I had a premonition? Or more likely I’m losing the plot, duh?

@daffodil2010 – hope you’re feeling better soon!

Good FD yesterday, but I won’t be able to squeeze another one in until Saturday, as I’m off to stay with friends for a few days. Hopefully I won’t go completely off the rails. But no matter what, I’m determined to stick to my minimum 2 FDs per week 🥊

USA Day 18 WFD

WFD going well so far! For those of you who say you more problems on NFD, I join that group. I guess eating sets off my food demons and I am on a roll! 🙂 Anyway, I’ve been keeping myself busy entertaining myself babysitting my daughter’s dog while she is away, anything to keep my mind off of food!

For all of you who have had successes yesterday, I congratulate you, and for all of you who are under the weather, I hope you feel better very soon!

I didn’t see a pocket list for today, so I am starting one.

Day 18 Pocket List

@ccco

Had a telephone consultation with my doctor this afternoon re. my X-ray results showing “mild degeneration” on the lower spine! He’s got me to self-refer for (more) physio. This is to add to the physio I’m already having for my buttock/hip pain which they said was caused by an old hamstring detachment on the left side….but I’m wondering, if the move towards pins and needles and sciatica down (mainly) the left leg is all connected to back troubles rather than the old injury. Anyway, I can’t just get the current physio to treat “both” complaints as I have to re-enter the system from scratch….sigh!

What a massive pocket list today….on a Tuesday!

Day 18 UK FD

Accidental FD. Got super stressed about stuff, tho feeling better than I was. Going to Paris on Thurs am and not prepped at all. Feeling a bit upside down & chaotic, and need to be in town tomorrow too.

Yay for accidental FD. Counting the blessings!

love to all… x

Day 18 Canton OH WFD 2

Late post again, very busy and stressful day. Started with taking DD to juvie traffic court – she knocked down a stop sign! But prosecutor was lenient, since this is a first offense, they downgraded to a non moving violation which made her eligible for a safety class. Once she completes the class, her record will be expunged. #grateful.
    Then my team and I had a rough meeting today, they didn’t like some of the changes that I made to their work process and they let me know it – very forceful. We were able to find common ground but still very stressful.
    Then Microsoft XL was acting up on my laptop today and I lost 3 spreadsheets and had to start over! I finally called it a day. I would have loved to drown my sorrows in something warm and carby but WFD!! So I wrapped myself in a warm blanket, placed some pink salt under my tongue, drank some water and went to bed. Checking in helped too. I know I’ll feel better in the morning, thanks for adding me to the pocket list

Day 18 Ohio, US — NFD (61 bites)

Somehow my name got carried over to today’s pocket list. So 17/2 was a FD for me and today was just a regular NFD. It’s been a long day, but was just able to finish the movie “A Wrinkle in Time” by staying up late, and I was pleasantly surprised. I knew that it was panned by the critics and so have put off viewing it. But oh my! I think it was really good! I’m not sure what people wanted for a movie based on a YA book, but it has an important message for young adults, and the visuals are stunning. Actually the message of choosing light over hopelessness is also important for the journey to weight control. So thanks to everyone on this thread for being light for me!

Day 19, Tas, Aus- NFD
    My name got carried over too, but I figure it was because of time differences. I’m changing my second FD to Friday again this week as my husband just got back from a couple of nights away & wanted to cook curries. Who am I to argue with that?

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

@basyjames what a day you had!

@cateaus after yesterday’s NFD my weight dropped 800g! If mine drops, I’m sure yours will too. Tried on some too tight clothes, no difference there but it’s going in the right direction.

Pocket list day 19

@snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

My day off so CARE needed!
    @michelinme: @basyjames: Both of you had a bad time yesterday and FASTED! Wow! I’m in awe of you….well done, and I hope you both have better days today.
    @cateaus: @matpi: I thought it a bit strange that the Tuesday list was so long, so a bit of a mix-up will explain it. So, all who fasted successfully on Monday….GOOD work, and all who fasted yesterday, WELL done to you all too xx

Pocket List Day 19:

@snowflake56

Good luck xx

Day 19 UK FD

A straight up 500ish cals day hopefully

Pocket list
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Back to my routine, showered and prepped for work, big mug of coffee whilst I check in here.

Feeling so much better, except evening times and early morning bring on the heavy racking coughing, but at least they are (finally after 10 days) “productive”….. Oof, sorry for TMI…..so I am getting there.

I plan the usual 16:8 with a lentil soup and Oatbran bread sandwhich for lunch, and then DH cooks tonight. I won’t fast properly until next week, but I am going to need it. A few pounds on from Lanzarote.

Also DH has a blood pressure thingie, and he was checking his BP last night (as he started on some new meds), and I asked him to check mine, and twice I was in the elevated to high zone. It could be that I am battling flu, but something to be aware of going forward. I have never had high BP……but it runs in my family.

@bellyblast you and me both, across the Atlantic, with that dang flu. Hope you feel better.

@ciren2 they are really putting you through the mill for the physio!

@basyjames and @michelinme sorry to hear you had stressful days but well done on the FD anyway.

I was speaking to my friend who is still Holidaying in Lanzarote (she booked a 4 week break, and why not, as she has just retired) and she too has come down with some bug. Oh no.

So sending lots of healing light and vibes to all those who need it, take care of yourselves and each other, and, my favourite saying at the moment, “In a world where you can be anything, be kind”.

Day 19 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@daffodil2010 – Looks like your routine starts same as me – coffee and onto the forum, LOL

Think yesterdays FD list got carried over from day before, but maybe one or two saw their name on it and thought what the heck … and went for it LOL.

I’m still very much ‘in the zone’ at the moment, although it’s slow, I’m homing in on my first target …. not far off now and you WILL hear the cheer when I get there!

Life’s full of ups and downs and this WOL is the same.
    Luckily with determination and not giving up, the holiday/bbq/celebration ups (for me the biggest ups) are followed with the WOL-FD downs, the downs are just a bit slower!

So B2BFD number 3 today, recently seem to have got into a routine, Friday, weigh in day, Saturday take the ‘Inner Warthog’ out (on a lead) so wine and limited treats, Sunday more sensible, then the following 4 days FD’s or CFD’s.
    Managing to grab some gardening time as well as walking, so as well as limiting calories in, burning more ….. so listen for the cheer, might be a week or two yet but the ‘My Tracker’ lines on the graph are closing!

Take care all

Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 19, Kicking myself in London, UK, FD

Well it would appear that I can talk the talk but definitely not walk the walk!!! I’m usually enthusiastic and positive about this WOL because I know it works, however, you DO actually have to put the work in ……………………….. and I’ve been slacking!!! I tried on a shirt I bought on holiday last July as an over-shirt for unexpectedly chilly evenings. So, I thought I would take it to Spain this weekend, I tried it on last night and the arms are soooo tight I wouldn’t be able to move!!! There were a few tears and a bit of ar*e kicking, name calling and general self-flagellation!!!! I mean, HOW COULD I LET THIS HAPPEN???? I can talk my way around the scales (hormones, water, salt, blah, blah, blah) but a fat face & tight clothes? …………….. Reality bites!!!!

I suppose this self-loathing will continue until I see the results, get back into all the lovely clothes in a size I no longer fit into, see my collar bones as well as a downward trend on the scales. Birthday parties, meals out, celebrations, wine and visitors are a part of life and I need to be able to navigate these occasions even when they come thick & fast like this month, rather than as @funshipfreddie fears ………………….. “go completely off the rails”.

I’m done ranting, my leg hurts from kicking my own ar*se, I feel bad, I’m consumed with self-pity, but I AM HERE!!! So, ONWARD!!!! Yesterdays’ FD went well, I went to bed hungry & didn’t sleep particularly well, but it was a successful FD!!!

@ciren2, red tape is such a pain ……………….. especially when you’re in pain!!!

I’m listening to you @i-hate-lettuce ……………………….. “Life’s full of ups and downs and this WOL is the same.” I need to join you in ‘that’ zone!!!

Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby

“Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”

Day 19 – NFD – Ireland
    Well done @michelinme and @basyjames in fasting through the tough times! You are stronger then I am! We are having a sad and stressful time here with some family deaths – all at a good age – but it affects my elderly mum and dad and in Ireland we travel for all funerals so we are trying to work out the logistics of that and care for them…I caved yesterday and after the scone had Maltesers in the afternoon…. @funshipfreddie I wish I’d seen my name on the list… it might have made me see sense! 😂
    Have a good day all! Good to see you feeling better @daffodil2010 and @bellyblast..
    have only skimmed posts so hope everyone else is ok👌
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 19 Melb Aust TDEE

Managed okay today, but just needed those extra calories so didn’t fast. Planning on fasting tomorrow.

@daffodil2010, before being too concerned about your BP, just check it a couple of times when you’re well. I know my BP is generally higher when I’m unwell, and my doctor is unconcerned; it comes down again once I’m well. It also goes up if cortisone is taken. Hope you’re well soon.

@flourbaby, my commiserations re weight gain, but back on that wagon! Sounds like me at the end of January, and even now, a lot of clothes don’t fit properly. Seeing as I discarded most of my “fat” clothes as I lost weight last year, things were looking dire in the clothing area, but I refused to buy new clothes that were bigger. I WILL NOT be that overweight again. And if I can do it, you certainly can!

@ciren2, what a nuisance about having to go through the whole rigamarole again to get a physio to treat your lower back. Been there, done that. Any time I have pain in the hip and down my leg, my physio immediately starts working on my lower back, freeing it up. Well, he does a brief check first to ensure that nothing else seems amiss, but generally it’s the lower back. So maybe you’re right that a lot of your pain has been generated from the lower back, too. Hope you get a physio soon.

@michelinme, glad you’re improving, and here’s hoping Paris goes well.

@Ihatelettuce, that goal is getting so close. Yay!

Onward and downwards!

Post 2 day 19

@flourbaby – (and anyone else struggling) come on, haul your well kicked backside back up on the wagon, there’s plenty of seats next to me, come and sit with me.

I’m certainly no ‘angel’ and have to keep my inner warthog under control, the bugger escapes now and again, but if I can get him back in the cage by the following morning all is OK. I just daren’t let him out for long!

Anyone else struggling, call in each day, pick up inspiration from the rest, I certainly couldn’t do it on my own, that’s why I’m here with coffee each morning!

Take care all, those that need one, have a hug from me.

Day 19 UK FD

FD went well yesterday. Only had some home made veg only soup at dinner and will do the same today. Think I’ve got my fasting mojo back this week! Getting back on to the forum really has motivated me again . So thanks to all of you!!
    Stay strong fasters. We can do this!

Day 19, Cheshire UK FD

Had a controlled day yesterday. Back on a FD today. Scales were kind – another 1lb gone. Definitely in the tortoise club but moving in the right way. @flourbaby, we all have wobbles, we all get frustrated but you’ve been here before and got through. You are a strong person. You’ve been on this forum for years, that takes perseverance and determination. When I gave up and stopped posting – you carried on, you’ve got this.

Best wishes to anyone that’s struggling.

Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 19 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    For those who are finding it hard, please remember this WOL works. But you must keep your eye on the ball. I lost a lot of weight 5 years ago. Seemed to maintain for a few years then gradually things slipped and last July I finally admitted that I needed to get back on the wagon.
    I’d not been one for forums and groups before but this group has been great. I’ve felt really supported and motivated. So much so that I’m nearly back to where I was 5 years ago. 🙂
    Please don’t give up.

On that note today is FD number 2 this week. Yesterday’s CD was just that. I’ve got a full day of housework to take my mind off food.
    Adding myself to the pocket list:
    Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    Start where we are, use what we have, do what we can… (thanks to @michelinme)

Day 19 – FD – Donegal

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emerald32

Day 19 Canton OH WFD 3

I am on day 3, this is usually the turning point for me when I take on extended waterfasts. I struggle through the first 2 days and then it becomes more manageable – knock on wood.

Feeling cold was always a bone of contention with the water fasting, but with my hot flash situation it is actually quite nice. Super cold hands last night but once OH was in bed, I stuck them in the crook of his elbows and quickly got comfortable.

Start where we are, use what we’ve got, to do what we can – I second that wholeheartedly!! Shoulda, woulda, coulda can be so demoralizing but it’s ok @flourbaby @ciren2 just keep at it, a stumble here and an EFS there is all part of the journey. I can understand the frustration though, but I have to agree with @suki2 if you do not give up, you will get to goal for sure.
    Stay strong, one skipped meal at a time and huge warm hugs from me

@i hate lettuce way to go! Target in sight? That is awesome, can’t wait to cheer with you buddy

@snowflake56 good job on the drop, the rest will follow

Busy day today, so glad I was able to post early today

Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Happy Birthday to me 🎈🎉, & a Happy Hump Day to everyone! 🐫

USA Day 19 WFD

Yes, I believe I am responsible for that FD mishap yesterday. I was looking for a pocket list to join and the only one I say was Dykask’s Day 18 list, so I used that. Dykask lives in Japan, so the time zone thing was off. Got it right today! LOL

Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3
    @ccco

Happy birthday, FUNSHIPFREDDIE! 🙂

I read a wonderful article on health and weight loss in The New York Times yesterday. I wish I could have shared it with you all but I didn’t know how to do that. I am terrible with technology! It talked about edging into new healthy habits using the psychology of habit forming. Apparently, it takes 18 to 100+ days to form a habit. We do it best by adding one habit at a time to a habit we already have. For example, if you drink a few cups of coffee a day as a habit, you can add one more habit by doing some setups right after the coffee. It’s the beginning of a new healthy habit. The idea is that so many of us see black and white. We jump into things and get ourselves over our heads, which is not sustainable. Needless to say, I am going to try this, which is why I am water fasting again today! Yesterday went well. I realized the truth of this article because I really struggle with the black and white thinking and always get myself in trouble with it. Now I will see.

Don’t want this post to be too long, so I will end here! Congratulations to everyone’s achievements! Hope all those who are under the weather will be well soon. Have a great day!

@flourbaby: I know how you feel….I’ve been there, done that…etc…etc….but you know you’re in the right place.
    I love the comment about the “inner warthog” @i-hate-lettuce: one to remember!
    @ccco: Ha…ha…easily done! I too sometimes wonder what day it is! You’re on the right list today.

Pocket list day 19

@i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3
    @ccco

@basyjames: WFD3? Wow….what an achiever, you are! You’ll be taking the WFD crown from @dykask at this rate! I’m in AWE.

Keep going everyone and stay with us, any waverers xx

Day 19, MD US, FD

Happy Birthday @ FUNSHIPFREDDIE! Today is second FD and going well so far. It’s encouraging reading all the posts and seeing the support. Really hope everyone feels all better very soon!

2nd post

I really admire everyone who’s doing a WFD. I tried to do a LFD once but I have to chew something so I don’t even can think of doing a WFD.

@funshipfreddie Happy birthday!

@basyjames I was at a real low yesterday and wanted to give up. I’m so glad I’ve lost weight now. My DH is fasting with me today, it’s a huge help. I have to get my weight down, I’m taking too much BP medication with a higher weight.

Pocket list day 19

@i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3
    @ccco WFD
    @cavanya

Day 19 Oxfordshire, 2nd post
    Happy birthday @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby – stay strong
    I’m posting to take my mind off my hunger. I’ve already drunk 3l of water.
    I’ve walked the dog twice and spring cleaned some bedrooms.
    I’ve made a cup of chamomile tea & I’m taking it & my book to the bath. Well away from the kitchen.
    This time of day is when I’m likely to give in. I’m determined not to.
    Thx for being there.

Day 19, va, USA, FD B2B

Had a fresh sliced red pepper. I appreciate fresh veggies so much more now. Having a hard time again drinking enough water. And I’ve recorded enough of my water / weight to know if I don’t drink enough water the weight does not come off.

Pocket list day 19
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3
    @ccco WFD
    @cavanya
    @rabbette

Day 19 USA, Illinois – NFD

Oh how supportive and helpful everyone here is — warms my heart to read the kind and caring comments all over the place. GO GROUP! Through illness, accident, falling-off-wagon, blended in with successes. Love you all.

@funshipfreddie – Happy birthday, dear Freddie ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to YOU! Hope it has been a terrific one!

Onward and downward.

Day 20, Tas, Aus-NFD
    @funshipfreddie- a belated Happy Birthday to you!
    Thanks for the support & encouragement. I feel lighter so hopefully the scales will catch up soon. I’m thinking of trying the fast 800 & wondered if anyone here has tried it.

Day 20 country West Australia CD/FD
    Would like to be doing a FD but having a slice of toast and Vegemite for breakfast plus some fruit has probably derailed that.
    Will see if I can stay under 800 calories today otherwise will try a FD tomorrow.
    Belated birthday wishes @funshipfreddie. I have a few pages of posts to catch up on.
    😲

Second post.

@snowflake56 that drop came right when you needed it, I’m so glad you hung in there

@funshipfreddie happy birthday to you

@cateaus I tried the fast800 and couldn’t stop eating. My total daily calories crept up everyday and finally I chucked it.
    I find waterfasts easier because it’s all or nothing. No decisions or dragon waking involved.
    @dykask is king of the waterfasts no one is taking that crown 🙂

Good night guys, see you on day 20

Day 19 Ohio, US — NFD (64 bites)

A good NFD in which I met all my meal targets.

@basyjames One of the great things about this WOL is that it permits lots of tailoring to the individual. I was having trouble making it through the 500 calorie fasts. Going on the fast800, ie MFD, permitted me to add two servings of protein to what I was doing and that made a world of difference for me. I still have some MFD’s where I’m really dragging by the end of the day, but even that is doable. With just adding protein, I don’t actually eat the full 800 calories, definitely closer to 700, but I usually just say MFD, rather than give a specific fine-tuned number of calories. As the old saying goes, it’s probably close enough for government work, especially with how government seems to be working these days!

@cateaus I read your question after I wrote the above. So to answer your question, all my FD’s are actually within the Fast800 guidelines, i.e. they are MFD’s. What’s great here is that you can adjust things for how your own body works best.

@funshipfreddie Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Day 20, Tas, Aus NFD
    @ccco. Is this the NYT article? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/well/mind/how-to-build-healthy-habits.html
    @basyjames & @matpi – I think I’ll just keep going with 5:2 & the 500’ish cals for now & see what happens. In April if I haven’t lost anything I’ll reassess. Thank you.
    I’m enjoying a healthy day, with lots of harvesting- laurel berries & apples mainly. We have made pickled zucchini & have some nectarines & granny smith apples stewed to go in the freezer & my FD soup (mainly celery) is on the go. A good day & feeling positive.
    Hope everyone is having a happy & healthy day.

Day 20, Emden Germany, FD

Yesterday’s FD went well, my husband wants to do another one so I’ll join him.

@basyjames I don’t have a choice, I’m in the same position as @flourbaby and @betsylee, nothing fits and I don’t want to buy clothes in a larger size.

@cateaus I also tried out the FD800 but I was so used to the FD500 I went over 800cals because it felt I could eat much more but it’s only 300cals. So back to the 500cals again.

Pocket list day 20

@lilymartin FD?
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    Another day, another storm! That dratted jet-stream must be in the wrong place AGAIN! I’m at work today after a reasonably (pretty good for me) controlled day off yesterday. Bound to get a soaking….sigh!
    @funshipfreddie: Hope you had a great birthday yesterday.

Must go now and battle the elements….see you later, all xx

Zero cal day today. Badly needed after yesterdays beer and KFC!!!

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I’m going to need to do at least 3 FDs next week 😳

@coco, @cateaus, thanks for sharing the NYT article. Interesting!

Good luck Thursday fasters. I’ll have to delay today’s FD to Saturday.

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Feeling so much better today, each day it’s getting better, and the flu is leaving me. I slept all the way through last night and did not wake once with racking cough (that came once awakened), I still have my eyes all sticky and gluey with sleep when I wake up…..but it’s getting better! Yay!

Back to work yesterday was great…there is something psychologically motivating about getting up and back to work and back to normal after an illness.

Still taking care of myself so won’t fast until next week, but the food I am eating are in the anti-inflammatory team so hopefully it’s aiding recovery. Today’s lunch for example is a home-made beetroot and black bean soup, high on the anti-inflamm food lists.

This forum has such great support. Well done @i-hate-lettuce for the encouraging words when so many of us need them ☺️

@flourbaby don’t kick yourself too hard, and don’t let the self-loathing take over because, and I know this very well, once the self-loathing takes hold its hard to dislodge that “I don’t CARE” devil on your shoulder. Enjoy your trip to Spain (where are you going?), have a great birthday bash…..then come back on.

@betsylee thanks for the BP advice. We took it again last night and it was way lower, so as I am battling flu and infections, the high BP probably reflected that. But I am certainly going to keep an eye on it….my mum died at the age of 54 from a heart attack brought on by her hypertension ( she was also a smoker who didn’t take her BP meds), so I am ALWAYS aware of that!!

@funshipfreddie….happy belated birthday to you! And you even gave us a camel for hump day 😄

@ciren2 it was biblical this morning when I woke up but skies have cleared…I see it’s heading over the Irish Sea to you though….hopefully it clears for you guys too.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 20 – Lake district UK – FD

Going for B2B number 4 today, to make up for last weekend.

@funshipfreddie – missed your birthday yesterday, I will have a beer with you when I’m watching the rugby this weekend, Cheers Buddy 😉

@saffy420 – don’t forget, the tortoise gets there in the end!

@daffodil2010 – re encouragement for others, I’m only putting back in what I get out. I doubt very much if I would do as well without this group.

@ciren2 – re the ‘inner warthog’ – folk on here often refer to the ‘wine dragon’, for me it’s the warthog, if I have him on a lead when he’s out of his cage I can control him. On holiday I’ve fallen off the wagon, warthog out of his cage and I’ve ended up face down nose in the trough with a glass of wine in each hand! But as soon as we get home, I lock him up and he’s only allowed out once a week and even then, only on a lead 🙂
    It works for me and I’m sure everyone understands what I’m getting at!

Take care all

Pocket list day 20
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @MrShuggy
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56

Day 20, London, UK, FD

Thanks everyone who responded to my wailing rant yesterday, at least I didn’t drown my sorrows in vino!!!

Happy belated B’day @funshipfreddie ……………………………… like you, I find it best not to mention it, some people just go on and on about a birthday!!!!

It’s the final FD for the week since I’m off to Spain tomorrow morning, returning on Sunday for my Monday Birthday (I may have mentioned it once or twice!!) Staying at an AI hotel/Spa is going to be torture/pleasure in equal measures!! After last weekends’ NFDs, I don’t deserve to splurge which might be a blessing as I’m determined to be relatively mindful……………….. fingers crossed!! The “inner warthog” is NOT invited @i-hate-lettuce, she would just run wild!!!

@basyjames, you are KILLING those WFDs, well done, I hope you’re sloshing when you walk, hydration is the key to a whoosh after-all!!

@cateaus, I’m with @snowflake56 on the FD800, I think perhaps because I started with the 500cal allowance, the 800 seemed like Xmas and those 300cals may as well have been 3000!!! 500 keeps me satisfied with a little hunger to remind me it’s a FD, also I prefer a small snack and a salad or soup for a FD, with 800cals it was like 2 meals which opened my appetite ………………….. wide open!!!

@saffy420, you’re right, I HAVE got this!!! However, I’m a true member of the club, but sometimes I need to shout at myself ……………..
    “GO Club Tortwah …………………………….. NO, no, no, ………………… the other way!!!”

@i-hate-lettuce, perhaps the key is only releasing the warthog on specific planned days – ‘face down nose in the trough with a glass of wine in each hand!’ sounds too familiar & scary, as it could easily become the ‘norm’!!!. The beauty of this WOL which keeps slipping my tiny mind, is that knowledge that that particular muffin, cake, biscuit, bottle of vino or bag of cashews WILL be there tomorrow and you can have it then ‘cause it’s a NFD!!! I always found that when tomorrow came, I didn’t actually want the thing I was fantasising about!!

After yesterdays’ rant and slip-up in the self-love department, I’m feeling better, thanks again for the well wishes, the ups and downs at the moment are EPIC, but I have to be kind to myself otherwise I’ll end up bitter, twisted, sitting at home in the dark eating chocolate fudge cake with wine!!! So I’m trying to love my (not insubstantial!!) self again, hence ……………………..

“If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.” – Jane Travis

Day 20 UK NFD

Was aiming for >500 yesterday but after a day decorating needed an afternoon snack – so ended up with 700ish and I can see both sides of the 500 v 800 discussion- interesting 🤔

Have a great time @flourbaby I’m sure you’ll come back with renewed determination 💪 Your tight arms description rang a bell with me My goal is to be able to get back in my “holiday “ clothes by June at present they are stuck either at my knees or boobs – not a great look

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.