FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 748 total)

• Day 15- Atlanta, GA- USA

Hello all!! Today is a FD for me. Looking forward to it actually. Another day to get this right.

Day 25 Third post

Just a question – do we weigh in and finish the month on the last day of the month, or the first day of March?

Day 25 – Ireland – FD

Need a fast day today… cake with dad ended up in me eating my way home through crisps and some chocolate in the car…. have to stop that!
    Thanks @matpi for your kind thoughts… I always find it very upsetting when I leave my parents to drive back home after the weekend spent there. my dad is in good shape and very private and insists that he does not need help with caring for mum other than our family help… she is in such good physical health other than her mind letting her down.. she still knows who we are but I know that it is only a matter of time before that changes so precious times are being spent with her now…💕 anyway… new day, new dawn and we all have our problems…sending strength to you all.

Have a good day today everybody and here’s to a good last week for February!

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

USA Day 25 FD800

I want to thank everyone for your kind words about my brother. Also, my heartfelt thoughts are with all of you dealing with a similar situation. I know this is going to be very difficult.

Happy Birthday, Wcam!

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @ccco FD800

See you all later! Have a great day!

2nd post

hi everyone!

I set up the March 2019 – Spring Challenge, below the link to it.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/march-2019-spring-challenge/#post-280353

Let’s make next month a good one!

3rd post

@daffodil thanks you so much for your kind words, my biggest fear is to hurt or offend anyone by choosing the wrong words, I’m sure it will happen.

@at I hope you don’t mind my borrowing from your lead-in, it is just perfect!

Day 25 London UK NFD

Hello everyone. I hope this month has been a good fasting one for all. I haven’t been very good at keeping up or checking in here recently. My toddler started the month off with a virus and can you believe it’s still lingering?! He’s such a trooper and still full of beans despite being unwell but oh my, our understanding of sleep deprivation has reached new levels. Anyway, I have been thinking of this lovely place and am taking 5 mins while I’m in the office and childfree to check in. Glad to report that I am still holding on in maintenance, still within the same 2kg range. I have been practicing 16:8 or 17:7 and do one 800 cal day during the week.

However while I might still be okay weight wise I am very conscious that I haven’t been making the best diet and exercise choices. I caught some chat (hello @daffodil2010 and @flourbaby !) about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am totally going to jump on that bandwagon! I used to do it before going on holiday and I did it again just after starting this WOE. It’s bloody hard work but it delivers results. I am going to Marrakech with a girlfriend in April and would like to tone up and feel good about what I wear on holiday. I also turn 39 in late April and am determined to feel great about my body in the last year of my 30’s. I think I will make the 30DS my March challenge!

Right, I had better get back to work. Looking forward to being a bit more active on here in March but will try and check in again during Feb to get back into the zone! Thanks for setting up the March 2019 Challenge thread @snowflake56!

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Off to Tai Chi, then meeting DH for coffee.

Have a good Monday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 25 UK FD

Phew!Glad to be back here for a FD after full-on week of Stuff – & stuffing! Conference was full-on, went way past exhausting. Stuffing slightly ameliorated by my epic packed lunches, but daily chocolate found its way in and that opened a way of eating not encountered in a year… beware the demon twins of fatigue & sugar!

My weekend away on retreat was v hard work physically – I was so tired & in huge amounts of pain, the building was very hot and had v heavy fire doors every few metres. But it was wonderful to simpy be, away from everything and in silence, reflecting on life and finding stillness within. I felt reset after a huge week and coming towards the end of a v full month – and increasingly aware of my need for more silence and stillness in daily life.

My water intake suffered as there were caffeinated drinks, fizzy drinks or tap water – at meal times my 4-5 small glasses rather showed up against everyone else’s 0.5-1! But I skipped breakfasts for a 12.30-7.30pm eating window with richer food than my usual, and honour-bound to eat the gf veggie puddings that had been specially prepared for me

But amazingly this morning I only weigh 65.5kg, 0.5kg up on last Monday, tho my fat suit has puffed up A Lot. I’m reminded that scales are not the only measurements – all those subtle things that change while we’re on the plateau have gone into reverse. Delighted there are a few reset days left of this challenge, so today is a happy FD. Getting back into the fizzy water habit after almost a week, aiming for OMAD and planning ahead for healthy food tomorrow.

I sat outside this lunchtime with a hot drink and have Actually got sunburned – in London, in February!!!! My face is v pink & freckled – at the embarrassed-looking stage of redhead meets sunshine 😀 Now for yoga, meditation and a gentle stroll thru the overloaded inbox and planning ahead for this week’s energy before supper and an early night. An unexpected invitiation to co-lead a half-day event has fallen into my Wednesday so I’ll have to pace myself carefully. But it’s a wonderful thing & no preparation necessary – except of myself!

Wonderful to finally catch up with posts from the last few days – i love this forum 🙂 Sorry for the long post!!!

@flourbaby happy birthday for yesterday – hope you enjoyed extra birthday mojo and had a wonderful time celebrating 🙂 x
    @wacm happy birthday for today!
    @dingping have you tried magnesium oil or vitamin B3 supplements for sleep? Some discussion about them on here over the last year and I have found them completely revolutionary!
    @judyjudes woohoo re your lottery win! And what a lovely combination of rewards to spend it on 🙂 I make a very simple gf bread each week & it’s much much nicer than shop-bought. The basic recipe ratio is c450g gf oats, c500ml ff Greek Yogurt, 2tsp each of salt & baking soda. Plus different things each loaf to increase protein content or flavour eg linseeds, sunflower seeds & black pepper; or raisins, almonds and cinnamon. It slices & freezes really well, and you get a lot more fibre & protein for your calories 🙂
    @therealwil78 congratulations on your amazing progress
    @lorky35 congratulations on your dress fitting! I bought two loose fitting dresses last summer – only 5lbs ago – and now they both swim on me 🙁 But i love how this WOL turns us into shape shifters 🙂
    @missybear hope you feel better today
    @ccco so sorry to hear about your brother, and so delighted to hear about the babyshower. Life is bittersweet x
    @northerndawn congratualtions on reaching 150-land!!
    @shinything there’s a horrible flu going round – get well soon x
    @matpi i’m the same with acupuncture – exhausted, flu-y, dehydrated and sleep lots….then feel resurrected, the best feeling ever 🙂
    @jaifaim it sounds like a really tiring and hard but helpful weekend xx
    @metatauta congratulations on your new low – and you’ve caught me up!!! I’ve also just received a kefir starter today so will be glad to get that going -be wonderful if it helps with joint inflammation, as @at suggested
    @emma-taylor what a sad and significant anniversary… I hope you had a helpful lunch with your family… time spent with those who share our deepest experiences can be a gift, when it works. (btw i think we may be near neighbours!!)
    @wacm congratulations on your faster time this weekend
    @cornish-jane plateau can be frustrating, but it’s also a real shape-shifting time – hold fast. And congrats on your lack of health issues – that’s amazing!!!
    @snowflake56 thank you for picking up hosting duties for the March challenge! You will be wonderful host, and we have your back. The starting point is always one of care & trust – and we trust you! The rest will be found in translation 🙂 xxx

Day 25 Pocket list -I think I’ve found everyone! Together we are stronger!!

@dykask WFD
    @wacm
    @betsylee F800
    @snowflake56
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @therealwil78
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @redrockgirl
    @michelinme

Day 25
    Florida
    FD
    I’m trying to make this my regular fast day. Not feeling very good, so trying to eat but watching the calories intake. I hate it when your doctor makes a Dx over the phone. Not sure if I agree but will follow through with her suggestions.
    Thank you @metatauta, @at, @matpi, and @snowflake56 for your kinds words on my painting. I’m not sure if this is allowed, let me know, and I’ll delete it. Here’s a link for my last painting that won 2nd place. It is called an acrylic pour. https://www.instagram.com/p/BuKqFV_lql3/
    Adding my name to the pocket list.

Pocket List Day 25 – Together we are stronger.
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman

Day 25 2nd Post

@snowflake56 Thank you for pledging to host March, very generous of you 😊

@michelinme Bless ‘ya getting sun kissed. Who’d have thought it in February. In regards to your oat Bread recipe. Is that full oats or oatmeal. Sorry if it’s obvious but Ive a lot to learn with bread making. Do you have the full recipe, method and timings pls ? I’d like to try it. Seems a good way to eat some cholesterol busting oats.

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD….again.
    Looks like the sale of the flat has fallen through for a second time, almost got to completion this time, when the lender changed their mind. Will just go back to renting it out, I suppose. Trouble is it’s so far away and we wanted to stop after nearly ten years.
    Lovely sunny day, yet again. Perfect for delivering the mail. Started wearing my shorts again!
    @snowflake56: Thank you for having more faith in me than I do xx

I think I got bounced off the pocket list! I’m being a bit crap at the moment so I’ve got to make sure I don’t get missed!!!!
    Family get together is tomorrow. Thanks for the kind comments. Let’s hope it’s ok. My younger brother is a bit volatile …

Day 25 Pocket list -I think I’ve found everyone! Together we are stronger!!

@dykask WFD
    @wacm
    @betsylee F800
    @snowflake56
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @therealwil78
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor

Sorry if I’ve missed anybody. I’m on my phone…

Day 25 Belfast NFD

My usual Monday has gone up in smoke for no other reason than I couldn’t be bothered. ☹️ I’ve really lost the plot. I’ll coast till March and restart with renewed vigour.
    A weekend away has left me well behind with the posts. I’ve skimmed what I can in between my painting and swimming class.

@ccco so sorry to hear about your brother.
    @northerndawn – we’re breaking records here too for the warmest February on record. The world is nuts!
    @judyjudes and @dingping -enjoy spending that jackpot!
    Happy belated birthday @flourbaby
    Happy birthday @wacm
    Congratulations @metatauta on that low. I’m sending a link from the web site for the instructions. https://bacillusbulgaricus.com/kefir-making-instructions/. I use a cool bag along with the towels and leave it overnight. Happy kefir making 👍
    @kaywesterman I love your painting!
    @snowflake – thank you so much for taking over herding us mostly lovely ladies. I agree with @daffodil. You’ve really taken the bull by the horns and you’ll be a great host. Your posts are always so thoughtful.
    Enjoy your family time @EmmaTaylor. What a bitter sweet meeting.
    @judyjudes – don’t forget to heat the milk!

Off now for an hour’s water torture!

Onwards and downwards.

Day 25 second post

@emma-taylor Sorry to miss you off the list – i was skimming between two lists and two pages! Definitely stronger together. Hope all goes well tomorrow x

@judyjudes i’ve only been baking bread in the last year – and bc I hated the expensive, lightweight, cardboard gf bread in the shops! This is my main patented “perfected” recipe – that everyone always asks for and I’ve never got round to writing down!! Feedback v welcome

INGREDIENTS

1. approx 450g gf oats
    you can use whole gf porridge oats (big or little) or whizz some or all down into a flour if you want a denser or lighter loaf. I sometimes use a handblender or a hand coffee grinder for about half the oats, but usually don’t bother at all!

2 approx 500ml fatfree Greek yogurt
    both these amounts are approximate because it’s a bit trial and error. Different yogurts & oats seem to absorb differently, and adding eg seeds makes for a drier mix. Basically start with a 400g oat/450ml yogurt mix, and if it feels dry and crumbly or wet and sticky when mixed into dough, fix it with extra yogurt or oats.

3 2tsp salt
    4 2tsp baking soda

Optional extras
    For seedy loaf : 4-8 tbsp seeds (eg sunflower/linseed/pumpkin/chia, mixed…)
    For flavour: 2tsp favourite spice or herb (eg black pepper, tarragon, cumin)
    For sweet loaf: eg 2tsp cinnamon, 4 tbsp raisins, 4 tbspns chopped almonds; OR 2tsp ground ginger, 4 tbsp chopped dates, 4 tbsp chopped brazil nuts etc

METHOD
    A grease loaf tin – i also *flour* it with a few extra oats – looks pretty 🙂
    pre-heat oven to 180C fan (200C non fan)

B mix dry ingredients together, including any optional extras

C mix in yogurt – begin with wooden spoon then mix by hand, binding ingredients together to form a dough. if it’s sticky, add a few more oats. If dry and crumbly, add a little more yogurt

D form into a dough shape to fit your loaf tin. Place in tin and press down to fill the corners. Mark a deep line lengthways along top. Press down (eg) seeds, raisins etc to decorate top, especially along the middle line. (It rises slightly and looks fab)

E place in oven, low to middle shelf for 60 mins. NB ovens vary enormously when baking esp bread – learn by what comes!

F Remove from oven, tap loaf – it it sounds hollow, it’s done. Wrap in clean teatowel and put on cooling rack – this is where the crust hardens. If no hollow sound, remove from tin and put back upside down on the shelf for another 5-10 mins. Tap for sound 🙂 Wrap in teatowel and put on cooling rack
    (every loaf is different – even loaves within the same batch are different – bake and learn!)

Once cooled, slice and freeze – this turns the carbs into resistant starch NB thin slices work well – better than thicker ones – and makes amazing toast esp avocado but also marmalade …. 😀

400oats/450ml yogurt plus 8tbl seeds will usually make a 1kg loaf
    c230-250 calories per 100g – varies depending on quantities of seeds/nuts/fruit! NB herbs & spices add buckets of flavour but no calories 🙂

Enjoy!

2nd post

Quick check in for accountability…….I have just completed my first session of the 30 day shred….feel ok, but certainly expecting sore muscles tomorrow.

Just had some chicken breast with tomatoes and olives, and now planning an early night.

@michelinme I love the sound of your oat loaf. I use Oatbran for my bread (throw back to Dukan Diet), but never thought to freeze it to turn the carbs into resistant starch!!!!! Super idea. Putting the remainder of my bread in the freezer now. I will follow your recipe soon and plan to use my homemade Bulgarian yoghurt and some chia seeds. Many thanks.

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just like @daffodil2010 — checking in for accountability. Will do a FD tomorrow. Silver Sneakers this morning, work at the Children’s Museum, and Choral Society directing tonight. Too busy to fast!

Onward and downward.

USA DAY 25 NFD

My FD turned into a NFD but that is okay! I think my FD wound up with stress eating due to my trying to figure out what I can do for my brother. At least the calorie count did come under my TDEE. I shall try again tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a lovely day! See you all tomorrow!

Day 26 – Japan – NFD

Wow so many Monday pocket fasting!

@dykask WFD
    @wacm
    @betsylee F800
    @snowflake56
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @therealwil78
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor

So I made it through water fast number 15. I have too busy of a day so my exercise this more is just limited to inside pushups that I can squeeze in here and there. However it is a style I couldn’t even do a few months ago. Hands point back, leaning forward with the legs elevated up about 60 cm. The further forward one leans the harder it is. This position forces the shoulders and upper back to do more work. The biceps also take some of the work off of the triceps. As I’m working towards doing a planche, my back is just too weak. So that is a focus.

Day 26, New Zealand, NFD
    Just logging in for the day, end of month fast approaching and not sure if I will make my goal, but if I don’t there is always next month!

Day 25 Ohio, US — FD(#58) ✔️

A really good FD. Mostly because I had another deep tissue treatment and didn’t fall apart with the FD. I tried a couple of little tricks and they managed to get me home without hitting the convenience food. Since coming home I’ve been wiped out, so have been on the couch wrapped in a blanket watching reruns, but at least I’ve kept on target with the food.

Have a great day all!

Day 25 Minnesota, USA CD
    Day 24 and 23 were NFDs

Sorry for such a late post ( 11:20 PM) but we will hopefully be on the road tomorrow and I’m not sure when I can post again until the 3rd or 4th of March.

What an extraordinary time this has been! And so frustrating! A huge blizzard started on Saturday for several states in the midwest…..here, where I live in central Minnesota we “only” received 4 inches of snow. Not a huge deal, except for all the 20 plus inches already on the ground.
    But we were suppose to travel down south to Iowa to stay with our older grandchildren while their parents (son and DIL) are on Holiday in Cancun. The winds on Sunday were 50-60 MPH, (80.5Km), and we could not get down there. Drifts everywhere and no visibility, causing accidents. The National Guard was called out to rescue people off the roads and take them to shelters. Just an hour or two from here! The authorities closed all the roads going south from here. In fact, the Interstate and main roads down to Iowa are still closed! There are snow drifts 10 feet tall.

Grandkids are 16 and 12, and they made their way into town (they live about 10 miles out in country on several acres) to some friends of their folks, thank God, before the worst of the blizzard, and so they were safe. They received a foot of snow there (12 inches, (30.5 Centimeters).

I’ve been beside myself worrying about them and when we can get down there. Thank God for texting and messaging and all modern technology! The main roads are still closed tonight. My DH just keeps telling me it’s beyond our control, so just accept.

The kids are back now in their rural home with much help from local snowplows and friends. My “D”, 16, said she needed her own bed and they will stay home tomorrow if she can’t drive them in to school, which is starting 2 hours late. I told her to just stay home if they start off and there is any kind of road problem. I hope we can get there tomorrow.

Adding to frustration: we bought new iPhones and I’m in the midst of transferring from old to new. One would think it shouldn’t be a problem with iCloud backup. Not a quick thing at all, btw. I have to get this done before leaving for Iowa.

I have been reading posts and would love to comment on everyone’s. Thank you to @snowflake56 for setting up March, even though it is challenging you to go way over your comfort zone. That is the definition of courage. Well done. I admire you. No one will take offense at anything you comment on or respond to. I assure you.

Best to everyone.

Day 26, Cornwall UK, NFD

Good fast day yesterday so I will skip breakfast and extend the fast to midday. Trying to break a hole in this plateau without dieting, which I loathe and never stick to.

I’m looking at ways of cutting out approx 300 cals a day from my non fast days as my TDEE has gone down from 2100 to 1800 cals now i am a smaller person. Its hard! I have entrenched habits! So will try cutting out 1 slice of bread at lunch and pre-supper snacks – even healthy oatcakes have lots of calories. I have to be honest and strong!

I’m thinking of letting my hair go grey. It was something @ccco said about how some people have lovely grey hair. Any experience out there how to transition? I’ve been dyeing my hair since my 20s. My hair is curly and wild and needs to express itself! And I’m fed up with dyeing it.

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

@michelinme, @debster251 and @northerndawn thanks you all so much for the encouraging words. My mental status is switching between “I can do it” and “This is going to be a desaster”. But I know I will survive!

@beedoo how nice to hear from you again, I hope the toodler is fully recovered by now. You did very well on your own! Perhaps you can do a 30 Day Shred Challenge next month but without me, I stick to my daily planks.

@michelinme I find myself lost in translation very often, but I’m sure (I hope) my English will improve next month. Thanks for the bread recipe, it sounds so good, we’re going to make it today.

@kaywesterman Your painting has the colour combination I like, I absolutely love it. I’ve never seen this technique, what do you use to separate the different colours?

@ciren2 I’m sorry the sale has fallen through again.I think you also have faith in yourself otherwise you would have give up trying. You will get there, you did it before.

@northerndawn How nerv-racking this must be, but the kids are safe! I agree with your DH, it is beyond your control. I hope the roads will be passable after clearing and you’ll be able to pick up the kids. The most important thing is to stay safe so take care. Hugs x

@ccco it’s important your brother gets a lot of mental input and stays physically active, a good way to do this is dancing or anything that asks for good physical balance.

@cornish-jane I used to dye my long, curly hair with henna in my younger years, not to much, just a shade of red. After discovering more and more grey hair that didn’t dye very well, I cut it very short because I didn’t want to wait forever to grow the colour out. Sadly the more grey my hair gets, the less curls are left. Just go for it, I like being grey.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B2B

Not one aching muscle after my first day of the 30 day shred 😨 Either I am more limber than I thought or I need to push harder. Will go again tonight. @flourbaby and @beedoo…do you guys do it every day, or every other day, or …what is the recommended way? I am sure there has to be some rest days in that??? 🤔

Anyway, after just one day of doing something different I feel great this morning. Mojo drifting back I hope.

It helps that the weather is fabulous and Spring time…got to 17c yesterday and today promises to be the same. The sky is full of nesting birds, flowers blooming, people are cutting their lawns already, and I am walking at lunchtime without a coat.

@northerndawn Oh my goodness that sounds so difficult where you are. Good to hear that the grandchildren were OK, but what a worry. Hope you can make it out soon.

@cornish-jane A friend of mine has let her hair go grey and it’s a lovely Judi Dench silver now. Suits her so much better than the colour she was using for years. She got great advice from her hairdresser (which was good of the hairdresser as now she has lost a lot of money ha ha). I am extremely lucky in that, being a red head, my hair has been fading to strawberry blonde since my 30’s and I have never had to colour it, and never will. I will let it fade to grey/silver naturally. Go for it ☺️

@emma Taylor Ooops I think it was me that bumped you off yesterday’s pocket list. Sorry about that. Hope you got through it ok.

Starting one for today….only a couple more left….together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010

Day 26 – Ireland – FD

@northerndawn – I hope that you get to your grandchildren today … I can feel your worry but it sounds like they have good support where they are so hopefully everything will be ok….safe travels!

Have a good day today everybody – fast day for me again as busy day tomorrow – and here’s to a continued good last week for February!

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 26 Herefordshire UK NFD
    Day 25 NFD
    Day 24 NFD

Got my garage sorted, didn’t find much to de clutter though!

@ccco – so sorry to hear about your brother’s diagnosis it must have been a bitter sweet day celebrating the future birth of your first g’child and hearing the news about your brother. Best wishes to you and your family.

@northerndawn – thank goodness all are safe.

@michelinme – yes used both and they do help just had a run of waking up in the middle of the night but last few nights I’ve been fine, thanks though.
    Like the sound of your healthy adapted oat bread recipe with blitzing some of the oats, still sounds deadly once in my kitchen though with a weak self control button!

@snowflake56 – you’ll be a brilliant host and thanks for grabbing the bull by the horns and jumping straight in, often the best as little time to think when tackling something scary. All will be fine, more than fine you’ll be a great host!

Beautiful blue sky days here so going out into the garden and a walk today.

Good luck today fasters and wishing everyone a happy day.

Ta x

Day 26, London, UK, FD

Ok, so the Birthday celebrations are over, they crept into yesterday, but today I’m back at work and back on the wagon. I’m feeling ok, despite the inevitable carb-induced reacquiring of lbs!!!!!!

Anyway, it’s a quick check-in as I’ve GOT to clear my desk before Thursdays’ trip. I’ve skimmed through the posts I missed over the weekend ……………..

@emma Taylor, Funnily enough, when I worked in Hampton Hill, before the office move, I often thought of stalking you either through Bushy Park or at the pool whenever you mentioned them!!! I live in Upper Norwood (that’s pretentious for Crystal Palace!!!)

@daffodil2010, during my ‘heavier’ days, I somehow managed the 30 day shred, but I found sitting or walking down stairs almost impossible ……………….. I would have to drop into seats & that included the loo!!!!! I have to do it every day otherwise it’s like stopping on a very steep hill …………………….. twice as difficult to get going again!! I also do it in the evenings and find I have no appetite afterwards (win, win!!) except for gallons of water!! Good Luck!!!

Happy fasting folks, stay strong!

Day 26 Belfast FD

The sky is blue, the birds are singing…what’s not to love about life!

@northerndawn – I’m sure you’re worrying yourself sick but sounds like you’ve two sensible grandchildren and as you DH says, it’s out of your control. Wishing you an uneventful and careful journey. Stay safe.
    @CornishJane – grey hair is so hip. Go for it!
    @snowflake – you’re amazing. Never doubt yourself!

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @debster251

Stay strong 💪💪

BTW @jaifaim and @judyjudes that’s an amazing array of ticks…..puts me to shame!

Day 26 Melb Aust CD
    Day 25 FD800

Going okay – still no answer – do folk usually do their final weigh for the month on the last day of the month, or the first day of the next month? Just wondering what folk do. Last month I weighed on the 31st Jan, not the 1st Feb. Wasn’t sure. Guess it doesn’t matter provided I stay consistent.

Last few days – onward and downwards everyone!

Day 16- Atlanta3, Ga- USA

Hello all! Super excited today. Down 1 more pound. That’s 5 lbs. this month. Not bad for 16 days. So excited about March. Is the link for March out yet? I’ll be sure to sign up. I decided to make today a FD as well. Trying to finish strong. Eating mostly salads with a protein this week. I wish you all a great Tuesday!

Day 26. Uk. F800

Hi Everyone 🙂 The sun has its hat on again today. Simply beautiful weather for this time of year.

@betsylee I weigh for February on the last day of February. When I start the March Challenge on the 1st I will weigh again. Hope that helps.

Peace & Love

Day 26 2nd Post

@debster251 Thank you 🙏. Sadly, the effect I make isn’t reflected in my results. I really dread to think how heavy I would be if I ate to my TDEE, which I havnt for months now. I’m hoping after my 3rd blood test for underactive thyroid I will be given treatment. Thank you for the heads up on heating the milk. The last lot I made (a few years ago with live grains) didn’t require that step.

@ciren2 sorry to hear about your flat falling through, what a shame. Lovely to hear you’re wearing your shorts again. I think my short days are over. My legs aren’t my best feature.

@michelinme Thank you so much for your recipe and method. I am going to make some when I next need bread. I still have a few gluten frees ones in the freezer (bought & home made from a bread maker) and my other half says I’d better not make any more until we’ve eaten some up lol.

@northerndawn wow 😮 what an adventure for you all. I’m pleased to read you are all safe.

@cornish-jane One of the very few downsides to losing is a reduced TDEE. Although it’s one I’ll be glad to take on board. Well done on your losses. Not boasting or anything but I have very few grey hairs. It’s about the only thing on my body that isn’t old & broken lol. I do have ash highlights(look greyishblondish) which the hairdressers has advised I shampoo using the blue shampoo, other than that sorry I don’t have any advice.

The sun is still shiny and have many flowers that have bloomed. I wish we could post photos 🙂

Is anyone on hereconnected via FB? I’m happy to friend

Peace & Love

Day 26 Second post

@judyjudes, thanks for the advice re weigh-in. I hadn’t thought to record both last day then the first day in the next challenge. Last time, I put in my January 31st weight as February 1st as well, and I think they actually differed by 0.2 kg. Okay, will follow your suggestion.

Day 26 Canton OH Fast800

Just wanted to check in quickly, my plate is so full these days I am looking forward to some down time

@snowflake56 thank you for taking on hosting duties for March. I know you will do a fantastic job 🙂

I have settled into TRE – 16hr FD with 8 hour feeding window, I am still trying to regulate what I eat during my feeding window. Its a constant tinkering process, knowing what works and making the effort to stick with it. One thing I am thankful for, I have finally stopped drinking aspartame flavored sparkling water. It was sabotaging my efforts big time and I could not seem to find the will power to stop; now I am working on introducing healthy carbs into my diet without going overboard.

These are good problems to have and I am thankful for the knowledge I have gained on this forum and following this way of life.

Cheerios all, gotta dash
    Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @basyjames

Day 26 USA (Illinois) FD

Joining today’s pocket list –still doing 6:1 in maintenance:
    Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

USA Day 26 FD800

Cornish-jane, I read your post and thought I would chime in here! I don’t know what color your natural hair is but I can share what I had. I was born blond but over the years my hair darkened. When I started to show signs of going grey, I died my hair back to blond, even though I knew I would have to work at keeping my darker roots under control. Then one day, I noticed I didn’t have dark roots anymore and thought I needed to know what was happening. I went to my hairdresser and told her I didn’t want to die my hair anymore. When my hair grew out, I was shocked to see that my hair was snow white!! I liked it and that is what I have to this day. It is so freeing to only have to style my hair! While my dye was growing out, I couldn’t even tell my hair was changing to the white and no one else realized it either! Perhaps I was lucky!

Today I am going to try a keto day. I have never tried it before. I am stuck on a plateau, albeit a short one, and thought I would see what this would do. I am also continuing to count my calories at 800 per day.

Adding myself to today’s pocket list.

@daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @basyjames
    @ccco FD800

Snowflake56, thank you for your advice regarding my brother. He loves to dance and is very good at it. He is also very intellectual and reads a great deal. One of our big problems is that he lives so far away from us in Florida and we won’t be able to keep an eye on him. He is too stubborn to move back here to be with us, so I am not sure what will happen. He is at a stage where he is always angry and yelling at his daughters and he ignores his siblings. Ohhh! But I am sure we will come up with something eventually.

Day 26 UK CD

Greaat OMAD FD yesterday, comfortably under 500 calories – yay! Woke up this morning with a deflated fat suit and feeling back to my usual thirsty self 🙂 Not yet broken fast today so will probably go for an early evening OMAD CD. I’ve cooked some red rice, peas & eggs and will add tomatoes, spring onions, spinach & mushrooms & some spices for a hot rice salad. It might even come in under 800, but I’ll see how I go.

Playing catch up with things at home after the last week of full-onbusy or away, & juggling projects, emails & forward planning. Plus trying to help DD with some post-move support – her new flatmate doesn’t move in for a few days and she’s pinging between excited & burdened by it all. All shall be well!

Some lovely friends have offered me houseroom to read, write & rest in rural Norfolk next month. I’m v excited to plan ahead and carve out unexpected time away, working out projects to fit in beforehand and imagining fresh air & green spaces 🙂 Balance and self-care are such wonderful things but, like this WOL, need to planned and prioritised.

@northerndawn goodness what a mare. So glad everyone is safe x
    @betsylee I also weigh on last day of month then first day – what a difference a day makes!
    @cornish-jane I’ve got curly red hair which began copper-coloured then has darkened before fading. It’s now a mix of white, dark red & faded red which I colour at home every few weeks. I’m thinking about waiting til it’s all white then letting it go au naturel – or doing something radical in either cut or colour. I usually only get it cut twice a year so short cuts sound like hard work to me…

USA Day 26 FD800

I seem to be off the pocket list, so rejoining!

@daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme
    @ccco FD800

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Yesterday’s FD morphed into a NFD so trying again today.
    Doing my Qigong and Tai Chi practice soon, then walking the doggie and attending a mindfulness class at the Fine Arts Museum of the University of Utah in the afternoon. It is a combination of looking mindfully at art and walking meditation.

@kaywesterman: Enjoyed looking at your painting. 😊

@judyjudes: I am on FB. I don’t know how we would find each other. 🤔

@snowflake56: You will be a wonderful host for March! I have no doubt about it! 🌻🥀🌼

Have a good Tuesday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 26 Post 3

@redrockgirl302 Great! Im judyjudes on FB but that is a common name. Perhaps I could look for you?

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Having a lovely February, doing my routine FDs on Monday’s and Thursdays but there has been more wine drunk on NFDs this month and the last time I stepped on the scales I did quickly jump off in horror. Its DH’s birthday tomorrow and after that the celebrations will draw to a close just in time for a fresh start in March.

@cornish-jane I have coloured my straight light brown hair blonde since my 20s but as I approached 60 I decided I didn’t want to mess about with hair dye anymore so I have been growing out the colour since last summer. I have had it cut into a short bob but still have colour on the ends…..it looks OK as there isn’t too much difference between the blonde dyed hair and my newly discovered colour which is a mix of light brown and gray/white which looks like ash blonde. My hairdresser advised using a silver toner shampoo which tones down the yellow in the dyed ends. If I had a pixie cut I could now be rid of the coloured hair but my face wouldn’t suit it so I will just patiently keep having regular trims until all the dyed hair is gone. I love not having to colour my roots every month and my ‘new’ hair is in super condition.

Keep on keeping on everyone 🙂

@judyjudes: do you have a profile picture? What does it look like? 😊

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Feeling a bit stressed, headache (unusual for me) since I came home from work. Paracetomol won’t shift it. Hubby the same….it’s all to do with this flat-selling hassle.
    @snowflake56: You are a star….I’ll join you for March. I won’t be your star pupil, but, hey…
    @judyjudes: We posties don’t care a lot about how our legs look! The uniform makes us look pretty grim already…

New Zealand day 27 fast 800

Weigh in day this morning. Down another 2.1 kilograms!

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    3rd B2B2B

Second day of 30 day shred completed and now I am feeling twinges in my abs and legs and arms. All good. I am visiting Dad in hospital tonight so it will be late when I get home but will try to get day 3 done before shower and bed.

And yes, @flourbaby, I feel no hunger at all after a circuit.

Pocket list day 27 – weigh in tomorrow
    @daffodil2010

Day 27 Herefordshire UK FD

Checking in.

Day 27 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @dingping

Have a good day all.
    Ta x

Day 27, London, UK, FD

I’m really too busy to feel hungry at the moment, lots to get done!!!

I ‘m almost packed & ready to go, just a few odds & sods to sort out, cashew nuts & small pieces of cheese will be chucked in the hand luggage to prevent me going ‘off piste’ …………………see what I did there????

Anyway tomorrow will be a quick check-in to confirm whether the 5lb loss was totally annihilated by the Birthday celebrations!!!!!

Keep the faith people, we’ve got this ……………… or at least we will next month!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.