FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 748 total)

• Day- 11- Atlanta, Ga- USA

Had a successful FD yesterday. Going out tonight with friends to a restaurant. I’m trying to stick to a sensible caloric intake today. Happy Friday everyone!

USA Day 22 FD800 (16:8)

Just popping in to add myself to the pocket list.

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @ccco FD800

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Yesterday morphed into a CD. Sugar dragon🐉 needs to be put back in its cave. Very difficult at the moment. Planning a FD today.
    Still very cold, doing my Qigong practice now, then walking doggie, later meeting DH for coffee.

Have a good Friday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Another FD this month, which makes 2 so far…hoping for 1 more by the end of the month…Cruella is bouncing all over the place, but I’m not fooled by that anymore,lol!

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Another lovely spring day….once the fog cleared at midday!
    @ktcaroline: Welcome (back) from a fellow “Eat for England”….

Day 21-22 – UK – NFD

After two wet and grey days we had sunshine and warmer weather today! Went for my usual Friday walk today – a good turnout and a brisk walk in the sunshine!

Cooked a very healthy dinner for OH and I tonight – Sumac-coated fish with green bean, lentil and parsley salad- very yummy and healthy too – I had a large glass of a very nice NZ Sauvignon Blanc with it……..

@flourbaby – hope you have a marvellous birthday weekend – enjoy with no guilt 🎂🍾🥂💐
    @northerndawn – I have only seen that much snow when skiing – stay warm and safe x
    @ccco – one of my favourite brunch meals – smashed avocado on toast with poached eggs and a sprinkling of toasted seeds and feta 😋 Have a lovely time tomorrow with you daughter for her baby shower – that is an American thing – does not happen much here!
    @judyjudes – congratulations on your win – enjoy the bread maker and a new wheel barrow!
    @dingping – keep up the good work and soon you will fit into those old skinnier clothes with no muffin top 👍
    @ciren2 – 🤗
    @lorky35 – you will make it into the 150s – how wonderful to fit into your US size 6 dress 👗
    @elektron – good luck with your aim to stay in moderate ketosis until the end of the challenge in the hope it resets your sugar cravings and gives you some weight loss – hold on tight to us and we will give you lots of support
    @snowflake56 – if dear @rainbowsmile does not link up before the end of the challenge to set up the March one, she had said she would be busy this month but would step up for March – I’ll be happy to get a spreadsheet up and running for you xx
    @daffodil2010 – 💃 for that lower weight on the scale that you have not seen since December.
    @ktcaroline – Welcome back – I remember you last from the August challenge I think and no need to slink back – hold tight and we will pull you back on that 5:2 Bandwagon

Wishing everyone a fab last weekend for this February Challenge – we are expecting beautiful sunny and mild weather until the end of the month 🌤🌤

Remember that “THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE IS IN YOURSELF”

Day 22 Minnesota, USA NFD (16/8 as usual)
    Day 21 FD at 550 cals

Yesterday was a planned NFD but after reading posts and catching mojo sent by @flourbaby, I turned the 16/8 into a OMAD. My average daily TDEE since Sunday is at 900 cals/day. So, not 800 but still pretty good. Last week was not good, so I felt the need to balance it out. As it turns out, my weight this morning was at 149.2 lbs (67.8 Kg) and so I have FINALLY (!!!!!!) gone under 150 lbs! Quite happy! BMI is now at 23.4.

@flourbaby, thanks for sending the warm weather as well as mojo……we will make it up to 28F today (-2.2 C). You have great powers! 😉 Feels like heaven out in the sunshine! More snow tonight and tomorrow night, then very, very cold Monday and Tuesday, but I’m enjoying this lovely day!

@daffodil2010, enjoy your lower weight and your step off the plateau! I’m celebrating with you! And I hope you are duly proud of accomplishing what so many people struggle with or find impossible: quitting smoking and losing weight. Those are real and significant achievements. I’m sure you’re a role model to many who know you.

@wacm, Happy Birthday on Monday, and enjoy your day and dinner on Sunday! I’m sure, like @flourbaby, you will make up for any indulgences in the next couple of weeks. Easy on, easy off!

@snowflake56, here in Minnesota we are basically landlocked in the middle of the continent, so we have no large body of water to our south or west (where most weather systems come from in summer), so we have very hot and humid summers. Lake Superior is to our northeast, but that doesn’t help to moderate our temperatures. I’d love to live close to the sea, but my DH loves the cold and snow. He is getting less fond of it as he ages, though.

@judyjudes and @dingping, congratulations on your lottery winnings! How fun it is to win something unexpected. Enjoy!

@jaifaim, I think we all are tempted once in awhile. And for me, if I don’t occasionally allow myself a slip, then I obsess on the food I feel tempted for. Better to have a little bit and then move on with determination. That works best for me, anyway. But then, I’m a member of Club Tortoise, as we have seen. But determined to keep on keeping on!.

@dykask….I hope you were successful in your WFD! If not today, then tomorrow or the next….you are a dependable successful faster!

@matpi, I think most people have a similar reaction to deep massage. Restrictive bands of tissues are broken down, lymph fluid is moved through it’s circulatory system, all things which the body has to send it’s little WBCs in to clean up, kidneys have to eliminate, etc. Be sure and drink extra water to assist the process…..it’s really important to do that. Hope you are feeling better very soon. That’s the reason for the massage, after all.

@daffodil2010….another comment….I laughed out loud when you compared Jillian Michaels to scary Sarah Connors! That is perfect! Just perfect!

@missybear, hang in there. It may take a week or two, but maybe just a few days to move down again. I’m looking forward to March also. I feel like it will bring good things.

@ktcaroline…welcome back! Many of us have fallen off the wagon and gotten back up on it with help from this group. You will be rolling along with all of us from here on out.

Best to everyone! Enjoy the weekend.

Day 23 – Japan – NFD

I was successful with my water fast day. I was hedging because of a conflict with
    my daughter’s schedule but it worked out. With kids everything seems to change so fast, even if they don’t think so.

14 water fasts done so far in 2019.

My weight is running about 3kg higher than six months ago but less than a year ago, still my waist is continuing to trim down. I’m trying to build some upper body muscle. I’m stronger but it is hard to believe I put on 3kg of muscle. Maybe a kg in six months. Some lean mass, some fat and water probably accounts for the difference. I was sick in the fall for a few weeks and put on some body fat after that because activity was reduced for a couple months. I had some bronchitis which interfered with my breathing but not my eating. (It was a mild case)

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing well. Maintaining.

Onward and downward.

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD

@ktcaroline welcome back!

@northerndawn I like the climate we have here, never too cold or too hot and often a bit windy. Where would you like to live?

@dingping let’s work on the muffin top today so you’ll look stunning at your OH’s family gathering, are you with me today?

@ccco are you with us again today?

@at you’re the best! I looked at an explanation about setting up a speadsheet, but don’t even know how to get to google drive, my DH doesn’t know either, our computer skills are poor. xx

Pocket list day 23

@snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yay, it’s Saturday ☺️

Good enough day yesterday, but DH had fish and chips waiting for me when I got home from work. I rarely have it, it was delicious. No wine as I had to drive him to a pub for works drinks, then collected him later. Feeling pretty good this morning and feeling that maybe, just maybe, I might be sliding off the plateau.

Fingers crossed and Jillian Michaels front next week…I have to do something 😄

Thanks @northerndawn I always say that stopping smoking (17 years ago last week 💃) is the single best thing I ever did for my health, and losing all that weight I put on thereafter is the second. Actually, looking back, I am now more years a non-smoker and normal weight person than I have been a smoker and overweight. Has to be good health wise 👍

Enjoy Saturday

Day 23 Herefordshire UK (but in Twickenham over w’end) FD
    Day 22 NFD

You’re a brilliant motivator @snowflake56 and @at you are too, yep in for today, thanks.
    Not sure if @ccco will be fasting today isn’t it her DD Baby Shower? @ccco have a great time with your daughter and sharing the excitement of the new little ones arrival.

@flourbaby – Happy Birthday Celebrations.

Welcome back @ktcaroline – get that tail wagging, you’re back and you’re on this and all here are cheering you on.

@therealwil78 – sounds a positive week, well done.

@michelinme – enjoy the peace, the calm and the headspace. What a wonderful gift to give yourself.

Thanks for the congratulations on my tiny lottery win, I’ll spend it unwisely!

Today de cluttering therapy – I’m sorting out what’s good and what’s junk in a garage we hire before moving it to the new house in a few weeks. Hopefully I’ll find the lawn mower and gardening stuff and take that back with us this w’end, otherwise the new garden will over take us!

Have a lovely day.

Ta x

Pocket list day 23
    @snowflake56
    @dingping

2nd post

@dingping have fun de cluttering, finally the sun came out and I can start sanding and painting two windows on the outside, the ultramarine ironwork is coming back next week. You’re right about @ccco‘s baby shower. Enjoy it @ccco!

Day 22 – Ireland – CD
    Day 23 – NFD

Got back on track Thursday after my fall off the sugar wagon and my dinner out was very healthy.
    Thanks @northerndawn for your reassurance… you’re so right in what you say that, had I not given in to the temptation then it would have just lurked until another time and could have been an even bigger blowout…
    As it was it wasn’t such a big deal but it’s typical that as soon as I start to see a change in the right direction I scupper that… but it was only momentary and I got through my CD day yesterday…

I am looking after my elderly parents this weekend so am just going to go with the flow as they enjoy nice lunches out (seeing a little of the countryside) and cakes etc so will resist where I can…
    Will keep busy by cleaning and clearing the house out a wee bit while I’m there..

Wishing you all a good day today!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 23 Melb Aust TDEE

Happy weigh-in this morning, below 79 kg (78.9, but still), which is pleasing. Only had a TDEE day, as I relax a bit at the weekend, plus I did about 90 minutes of fairly heavy tidying in the garden, so I felt beat; couldn’t have eaten less.

Oops! Sorry @debster251 and @daffodil2010, I confused whose story it was, about the coca leaves and dark chocolate.

@judyjames, congrats on the lottery win. A nice little windfall.

@lorky35, re the clothes, I’d just say – enjoy having them fit.

@northerndawn, well done to be below 150 lbs.

@dingping, hope the decluttering went and is going well. It’s always such a nice feeling to have less “stuff” hanging around.

Slightly confused about March – I had thought @michelinme said in January that someone had already volunteered for March, but that a February volunteer was needed? Just asking; I am just glad the challenges will continue, as I have been finding the support and the suggestions & responses invaluable to keep me on track. Thanks everyone, and keep on the downward trail!

Day 13- Atlanta, GA- USA

Good Saturday morning! I had a NFD yesterday. Kinda went over board. Had margaritas (too many) with friends to celebrate 2:22. I had a blast though. Today is gonna be a FD for me. Positive thoughts to you all.

USA Day 23 NFD

Having a NFD today, as I plan to celebrate that shower with my daughter. It’s in a really nice tavern in a historic part of downtown Baltimore. We have 21 people, which is a nice size group. In my day, we could share furniture and other baby needs with our sisters and friends but my daughter doesn’t have a sister and her friends and cousins still need most of their things. She should be getting some very nice things. Nevertheless, I won’t be dieting today!

Have a great day everyone and will be back tomorrow!

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Yesterday’s FD did not happen, so I plan for one today and possibly tomorrow as well. DH will also fast with me. He will cook organic chicken breast for us and lots of broccoli and cauliflower with some mozzarella on top.
    Off to Trader Joe’s for groceries. Later coffee at one of our coffee shops nearby, walking the doggie (still very cold but sunny), Qigong and Tai Chi practice and relaxing.

Have a good Saturday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Pocket list day 23
    @snowflake56
    @dingping
    @redrockgirl302

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Another beautiful day but it took all morning till the thick fog cleared. Got my deliveries done by midday as the mail was very light today (for some reason).

@flourbaby: Happy Birthday for tomorrow……

@betsylee: I’m certain someone has already volunteered to do March, but I can’t remember who it was…….

@dykask: With all those successful WFDs, I can’t believe it can be fat you’ve put on, it’s got to be muscle, surely? I guess you don’t overeat on NFDs?

Day 23, UK, NFD

I’ve come down with the worst flu 😷, been battling it few days now, fever and aches and pains in every single muscle. Feeling a bit better now, not 100% but on the way to recovery 🙂 . I tried to fast but just couldn’t because I felt so weak I had to have food.

@flourbaby Happy Birthday 🎂 🎉

@daffodil2010 that is such an achievement! Well done 👏

@judyjudes and @dingping great lottery wins! Congrats 🎉

Have a great weekend everyone 🌼

Day 23. UK. F800

Silly body putting on weight! Will knuckle down and try to eat 100% to plan for the last 5 days of February!!

I can do it!

@shinything I hope you feel better soon!

@flourbaby Happy Birthday. I can’t remember if I’ve already posted that or not. Lol.

Peace & Love.

Day 23 Ohio, US — FD(#57)
    Day 22 — NFD

Friday started off as a FD, but around 11 am I got very dizzy at work, so had some vending machine peanut butter & crackers and made it through til lunch. Still felt shaky all afternoon and indulged some heavy snacking, which lasted through the rest of the day. Once I got home I went to bed and have been horizontal most of the day today. But at least it made doing an FD today easy.

@shinything Hope your recovery keeps going strong!

@flourbaby Happy Birthday! May this be start of a great year for you!

@ccco Congratulations on your expected grandbaby!

@northerndawn Thanks for the info about deep tissue work. The same thing happens for me with acupuncture treatments, and to a lesser degree, ordinary massage. I usually try to schedule those body work treatments so that I don’t have to work on the next day. I didn’t expect I’d need to do the same with these treatments.

Enjoy the start of the week!

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

@flourbaby Happy Birthday!

@shinything I hope you feel better soon!

@at we did it, with the help of online tutorials, we managed to set up a spreadsheet! To our surprise we found your and @shinything‘s spreadsheets on google drive, so it could be possible you’re able to see ours on your google drive. I’m not sure it works this way though. I sent the link to my friend to try out if it works (if it doesn’t, we’re stuck). If @rainbowsmile wants to host March, of course she can use it and I’ll change it later for the April’s Challenge.

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Going to enjoy Sunday breakfast with DH and then I have the evening to myself as he goes to work. Light a fire, Sunday papers, chilling out.

Have a great Sunday everyone

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Yet another beautiful sunny spring-like day….no fog this time either. Measured my waist this morning;
    UP…now 36 inches! For my height it should be 31″ maximum (oh dear). I haven’t weighed myself, but continuing stressful days have seen me eating (even) more than usual. Of course, not a FD in sight, and hasn’t been since sometime last year. Some days (after eating my fill) I can go from mid-afternoon with no more food till breakfast the following morning. Lately I’ve even failed at this.

@judyjudes: must join you in knuckling down….but starting tomorrow when I’m at work and busy!
    @at, @songbirdme, @snowflake56, @missybear and all others on maintenance, I MUST follow your lead. Will try to get back to basics….

Day- 14 – Atlanta, Ga- USA

Went out bowling with the OH and friends last night. Had a great time. Looking forward to tomorrow’s FD. Down 4lbs so far! Very motivated for March.

@flourbaby Happy B-Day!

Day 24 California FD

I’ve been trying out some vitamin/mineral supplements as I’ve had a headache for a few days and I’ve been a bit lethargic and irritable. Trying vitamin D (which I shouldnt need but it has rained a lot) and some iron and B12.

Happy Birthday @flourbaby

Feel better soon @shinything

Pocket list

@rafiki44

Day 24
    Florida
    NFD
    Looks like I’ll make my goal for February, 9oz above. That was a pleasant surprised. I’ve been busy with another art show and another one of my paintings won 2nd place.:) Also, have one that I sold. With the artist reception and pot luck, I was surprised to lose. I was aware and tried to eat sensibly. So, I guess that work.
    Now I got the ole upper respiratory infection going on. Ugh!! Slowing down today and next week, not so busy.
    Have a great Sunday.

USA Day 24 FD800

We all had a wonderful time at my daughter’s baby shower, a real celebration of a new life in the family! The only downside was when my niece told my sister and I that our brother (her father) has been diagnosed with Altzheimer’s Disease. We were devastated by the news. My brother is only a year younger than me. He immediately went into my prayers.

I am adding myself to the pocket list.
    @rafiki44
    @ccco FD800

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

Day 24 – Ireland – NFD

Happy birthday @flourbaby!
    Spending the weekend cleaning and decluttering my parents house a little and spending time with them.. mum has Alzheimer’s so it requires good humour and patience but we have some very sweet times reminiscing… Dad loves the company and of course I’ve had more cake eek 😬
    Did get out early this morning for a good walk in the fog…

Have a good day today everybody!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 24 – second post
    @ccco I had just posted my daily post and saw yours… I am so very sorry to hear about your brother’s diagnosis..my thoughts are with you🙏

Day 24, UK, NFD

Feeling much better today, and having a reasonable food, so its a good day 🙂
    Thank you all for well wishes xxx

@snowflake56 let us know if you managed to set up a spread sheet, if any problems let me know, I can do it for you 🙂

@ccco I’m so sorry to hear about your brother’s diagnoses 🙁 , you and your brother will be in my prayers.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday ❤

Day 24.UK. F800

Hello 🙂

Overnight I seem to have lost 2lbs of the 4lb I put on just by LOOKING at yummy foods 😬. No, seriously, I’ve not eaten off plan for several days and my weight went up. I’ve now really pulled the reins in. I want to feel light and fresh and not bloated by my birthday on Saturday. Plus I want to have a bit of wiggle room to be able to go and celebrate.

I’m watching my carb & dairy intake and measuring and weighing everything this week.

I was doing really well the first half of the month and want to finish the month on at least a 3lb deficit. I can do this!

Hoping everyone is enjoying their weekends, whatever you’re doing.

Peace and love 💕

I’ve not caught up on posts yet but just caught sight of @ccco post. Sorry to hear your sad news 🙁

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Going for another FD today. Yesterday’s FD went well but, alas, the scales gave me a pound more today. Really, Cruella!!!😖😟😫
    So another FD it is: Chicken breast, fresh green asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower. Some nuts and a keto cookie that my DH will bake today for me (hopefully😊😀😊).

@flourbaby: Happy Birthday! 🎂🍾🎁🎈💐

@ccco: Very sorry to hear about the sad news about your brother. Sending you a virtual hug. 🌷

Did my Qigong and Tai Chi practice this morning, soon taking the doggie for a walk, then calling my elderly father in Austria, afterwards skyping with my best friend in Vienna.

Have a good Sunday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 24 – USA – NFD

Got to my lowest so far – 144 lbs., so I am hoping I will stay below my goal of 146 until the end of the month, then it’s time to reevaluate whether I should continue to 140…all depends on the wrinkle factor.

Finally received my bulgarian yogurt starter but no directions….anyone? Looking forward to learning and experimenting.

Got a high cholesterol and high trygliceride level warning from the doctor after a blood test…not sure if it has to do with my lchf diet or the fact that I’ve been uncharacteristically drinking more coffee with my wacky work hours…I read somewhere that this could be a factor.

@kaywesterman, congrats on your award for your paintings! Do you have them on the internet to view at all? Would love to see them. @flourbaby, happy happy birthday! @ccco, the baby shower was exciting nonetheless, I’m sure, and you also had some bitter with the sweet….as life progresses, that’s what I’ve found. So sorry to hear of your brother’s diagnosis…many of us went through it.

Day 24, Birthday 40 something(!), London, UK, NFD …………….. of course!!!

I know, I know, I’ve missed a couple of days (wine haze!!) and I’m late checking in today ………………… so it goes sometimes!!!

Many thanks for the B’day wishes …………… THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Friday’s Thai meal was fabulously carbtastic!, yesterday’s recovery day was too; and today has been a popcorn & pasta day (that’s an official thing!!) ………………………. And of course there’s been wine since Friday lunchtime!!!! ………………………….. tomorrow, I get back on track with a B2B2B before the skiing trip on Thursday.

@daffodil2010, I love losing the inches, but Jillian & I have a definite love hate relationship …………. “If you think you’re gonna die, follow Anita ……………..…………” well actually Jillian, YES, I feel like I AM gonna die and Anita (the cow!) looks as cool as a cucumber!!!!!!!!

@northerndawn, you’re more than welcome to my spare mojo and the good weather …………………… Don’t even think of reciprocating, there is absolutely NO NEED for you to send any of your spare weather our way!!!! -2.2C sounds like my worst nightmare ………………. And I’m going skiing this week, what was I thinking!!!!

Keeping the faith & hoisting my slightly more substantial butt back onto the wagon!!!!

Happy fasting folks!!!

Day 23 -24 – UK – NFD

Brilliant weekend weather wise – managed to do some lovely hikes but also included a late lunch out with friends and afternoon tea (on different days!!) managed to keep to just below TDEE today but the the two previous days were definitely over……..so a FD it is tomorrow – I do love a Monday FD with plenty of exercise after an indulgent weekend 😊

@wacm – Happy Birthday on Monday – have a fab day and enjoy your dinner tonight!
    @daffodil2010 – how wonderful to celebrate the fact that you are now more years a non-smoker and normal weight person than you have been a smoker and overweight!!!!
    @flourbaby – hope you are having a wonderful birthday weekend x
    @betsylee – enjoy that feel good feeling of getting below 79kg!! And yes March was originally covered by @rainbowsmile but she has been absent since mid January so not sure if she is up to hosting March??
    @therealwil78 – margaritas are one of the best cocktails 🍸
    @shinything – hope you continue on the mend from that horrible flu
    @snowflake56 – glad you conquered the spreadsheet – I could not see yours but happy to set one up for you if it does not work and so looking forward to joining you in the March Challenge as we have not heard from dear @rainbowsmile – do hope she is OK
    @ciren2 – 🤗
    @kaywesterman – great job on achieving your February goal 👏 and congratulations on that 2nd place for one of your paintings and selling one of them – FAB you must be so pleased!
    @ccco – sorry to hear about your brother 🤗 enjoy the time you have with him whilst he remembers and create great memories xx
    @metatauta – congratulations on getting to your lowest so far – google the link for directions
    Kefir Making Instructions – Bacillus Bulgaricus
    https://bacillusbulgaricus.com/kefir-making-instructions/

I’m off to get ready, meeting friends to see If Beale Street Could Talk – Academy Award-winner Barry Jenkins (Moonlight) brings his highly anticipated next feature to the screen, an adaptation of James Baldwin’s stunning novel set in early 1970’s Harlem – got very good reviews so looking forward to it.

Remember that “A good laugh is sunshine in the house” William Makepeace Thackeray

Day 24 London UK FD

Shall I start a pocket list?
    @emma-taylor

@flourbaby – which part of London do you live in? I’m in SW18. Don’t worry. I’m not going to stalk you. Just interested….

On Friday it was 50 years since my mum died, so my brothers and sister and I are getting together at the Ned ( fancy restaurant in the City) for lunch. Looking forward to it, but it will be sad too. We were all very young when she died. I think my brothers suffered the most. There wasn’t the same understanding of how badly children are affected by the death of a parent in the sixties. I think it’s changed a bit now. H

Day 25 – Japan – WFD

Working on water fast #15

Day 24 Ohio, US — NFD ✔️

A low-key NFD. Primarily due to the high winds in the area all day.

@at How was Beale Street?

@metatauta Congrats on your new low! I guess a new low is a personal high!?

@ccco and @jaifaim My thoughts and good wishes are with you and your families as you cope with the gradual fading of your loved ones.

@kaywesterman It’s great news about the success of your artwork. And with any luck you’ll be able to shake that respiratory infection in no time!

@rafiki44 Hope that the new supplements have chased that headache completely away!

Day 25, New Zealand, FD
    Had a great weekend at the Papotowai Challenge, managed to shave 6 minutes of my last years time – the ‘fiend’ certainly helped keep me going at a fast clip. Lovely dinner with my family last night. My mum is 84 and still going strong, but I know the inevitable will happen and she won’t be around, so really want to give my kids the opportunity to spend time with her, she is the matriarch of our family and the only grandparent my kids have, so very special to us all. Family events aren’t ‘family’ without Mum. Not going to weigh in till the end of the month – hoping to meet my target, but not overly confident.

Day 24 – USA – FD

Second post

Another FD, albeit unplanned! Just above 800 cals, but I’m declaring it!

@at thanks so much for the link…I will be happily experimenting. I am with you, missing @rainbowsmile! @therealwil, welcome back…I meant to say that when you first started posting again…I remember you from my first few challenges.

Day 25 Melb Aust FD800
    Day 24 NFD

Ate slightly over TDEE yesterday, probably tired from Saturday’s gardening, so trying to do 3 FD800s this week, interspersed with a couple of CDs. We’ll see how that goes! Want to ensure my Thursday weight is less than last Saturday’s!!!! 🙂

@ccco, sad news for you re your brother; sorry to read it. My cousin is facing the same recent diagnosis with her husband. Enjoy the memories while you can.

@at, thanks for clarifying re March; I thought I’d remembered something from December about that. Thank you @snowflake56 for stepping up for us. This forum is SOOO encouraging!

Day 25 second post

I checked the active forums – didn’t see March; is it there yet? BTW, does anyone know who this Robannors is, who is trying to hog the forums with advertising? Is that allowed? Is there any way to stop it happening?

Hey everyone!
    After a long time I stumbled back into this forum again. It’s so good to read so many familiar names who are still in the challenge! I’m still doing 5:2 yet I put on some weight since last october due to several binge nights over the last months…
    In february I was doing good so far but I still feel that there are couple of kilos on my hips I don’t want to see on the scale.somehow I have the feeling that i’m not really losing weight even though i’m doing 5:2.
    I’m thinking to do the march challenge to stay focused.
    Today i will skip breakfast and only have lunch and dinner.
    Wish you all a good day!
    Lou

Day 25. UK. F800

Good Morning Everyone.

It’s the last of the February challenge and Im hoping to make it a successful one!

I closed the kitchen yesterday at 450 calories. Not planned, it was circumstances. I didn’t feel overly hungry when I went to bed and just told myself I’d eat in the morning. However, as usual with me I don’t feel hungry yet this morning. Planning on a late lunch as due at the hairdressers for 10:00am and will eat when I return.

@metatauta I’ve yet to receive my starters. Perhaps they might arrive today. Fingers crossed. From what I’ve read you put your starter in a glass vessel with you milk of choice. I’ll be using full fat milk. Put a loose lid on and leave in a warm place. That’s it. 12-36 hours later (depends on temp) you’ll have your kefir. Then you start your next batch with a portion taken from what you’ve just made added to some more milk.

In regards to your numbers been out of whack, mine where the same last year. I’ve also read about the link with lchf which I was doing at the time. I don’t ban any food now, just have less of them. I still eat potatoes with skins on and brown rice for example. But just small amounts and not everyday. My system needs the pre biotics that they provide. I cant remember the science of lchf/cholesterol etc. I’m due to be retested in March, along with my thyroid so will let you know.

@at thank you for the kefir making instructions link.

I must congratulate Olivia Colman on her Best Actress Oscar! I’ve admired her since her Peep Show days. She is Fabulous!

Peace & Love 💕

Day 25, Emden Germany, FD

@shinything and @at the spreadsheet seems to work, my friend could work in it. The thing we haven’t found out, is how to do the coloured background on FDs, perhaps one of you can help us out.

@betsylee I haven’t set up the March Challenge yet. Hosting the next challenge came a bit unexpected and I don’t have an opening text. Plan to make one today.

@ccco I’m so sorry about the sad news about your brother.

@kaywesterman congratulations!

@wacm Happy Birthday!

@miraclelou nice to have you back with us!

@ciren2 just stay with us, I’m sure one day you’re name will be hightlighted on the spreadsheet too!

Pocket list day 25

@snowflake56
    @dykask WFD
    @wacm
    @betsylee FD800
    @judyjudes FD800

Day 25, Cornwall UK, FD

Still cruising along on this plateau. Weighed in at the exact same 71.8kg for the 3rd week in a row. It doesn’t seem to matter if I have a good or bad food week – my body is sitting stubbonly on this level. Exact same place i got to 25yrs ago and couldn’t get below.

Just carrying on until i experience a breakthrough. Congrats @northerndawn for getting there! And @daffodil2010 for the amazing waist shrinkage over the years. Its good to reflect on your achievements as you sit on the plateau. I went for a routine scan the other day and the docs had to double check that i had no meds, no medical conditions etc. A testiment to the health benefits of 5:2…

@ccco – Sorry to hear about your brother’s Altzeimer’s. We have a family member with early onset dementia – very hard on the family as you lose your loved-one as you knew him. And the caring is hard unless you have a lot of support. But i think each person’s journey is different, so best wishes for your family.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Lovely Monday morning, brightness in the sky from 6am, yay!!

I had a lovely day to myself yesterday but I allowed sugar dragon out of the cage….would you believe it was a half eaten tube of Smarties left over from my Grandaughter at Christmas that was lurking in the cupboard that set me off? So, after finishing those sugar coated sweeties, I then had a packet of cheese and onion crisps, then pasta for dinner, red wine in front of the fire, and all topped off with a bowl of Crunchie ice-cream 😱 What were those things even DOING in my house!!!!

I had also found a huge box of Milk Tray in the cupboard earlier (from Xmas) so DH took that to work. Who knew that a handful of Smarties could derail?

Not to worry, back onto the wagon and FD for the next three days. It’s a 4 day week for me as I have taken Friday off so weigh in will be Thursday morning.

@cornish-jane I quite agree that it’s good to think of past achievements when sitting on the plateau. At least it’s not so lonely, there are a few of us here it seems, but one by one we will prevail. Keep on in there.

@snowflake56 I can tell you will be a great host. I remember months ago when you were so nervous at the thought of hosting, now look at you! And I think it’s really sweet that you and a friend were teaching yourselves how to do the spreadsheet, that’s a real case of “feel the fear but do it anyway”. The coloured boxes for FD is a simple rule that is entered, don’t worry, as we will all have access to the sheet one of us can tidy things up etc. Thank you so much for taking on March.

@flourbaby ha ha, I haven’t even STARTED the 30 Day shred but I already know what you mean about love/hate with Jillian and co 😆 Hoping to kick start tonight after work, wish me luck.

@emmataylor that sounds like a wonderful way to remember your mother. My thoughts are with you. We lost our mother too young too, I am the eldest daughter not so much me, but the three youngest were only kids and they are still a bit lost bi took on the “mothering” of my youngest brother…….but there wasn’t anything in place to help kids who had lost their mum young, and if there was we certainly didn’t get any help. It’s tough. Have a lovely lunch with your family.

@ccco so very sorry to hear about your brother.

Pocket List Day 25 – Together we are stronger.
    @daffodil2010
    @cornish-jane
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes

Day 25 UK FD
    Last week was a write off! No excuses no regrets but my feb targets will not be met. Visitors during the week and then a weekend in Cardiff for the rugby. I support Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 so there was a huge amount of merriment, drinking and eating. Today is the start of a new week. Congratulations to all of you who are losing or maintaining. I’d like to join the March challenge if you’ll have me. I might have got it all wrong in feb but I’d like another try next month. Lots of love 💖

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.