February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,590 replies, has 123 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,595 total)

• Day 14 bendigo australia…. cd
    Totally new to this site and forum but can do with any motivation i can get. Finding it easy to fast so far and have lost 4 kg

Day 2 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD turned back into a FD after the stray pint of beer. Some willpower required, but I realised it prob less effort to eat v light evening meal and go to bed than to have a whole other FD today!

V glad this morning to realise my weight is back down to 75.5kg/167lbs and I’ve lost another 1/2 inch from my waist and hips. it’s easy to be put off by the daily fluctuations, but the weekly trend is the thing for me.

I feel smaller and it seems my fat suit has now shrunk to fit a little better. Yesterday I put on a dress that was so big it looked a bit silly. I’ve definitely got to make time to dig out whatever I wore before I put on this weight!

Lots more water today, and some hot vegemite. GOing to do half an hour of stretching and meditation before lunch then crack on with today’s deadline & planning & preparing for a busy next week.

This weekend I need to prioritise some planning, pacing and prep – sleep, resting & catching up with myself; preparing, portioning & freezing food for FDs for the next 4 weeks; yoga & meditation – all those things that set me up for success cos it ain’t gonna Just Happen ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi there…I would like to join the February challenge. I will be doing ADF. Fast days being Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Today is my fast day and I weighed in at 67,8kgs this morning. I also want to start exercising again as of Monday (I’ve been terrible at this one). I would like to join for accountability and support.

This is my official Day 1 and my goal is to lose 10 kgs by 19 June 2018.

Day 2 USA Wisconsin NFD

Very happy with a successful FD yesterday. A NFD today, and making it a controlled day by avoiding sugar and eating fewer carbs. Activity today: teaching one hatha yoga class and two senior yoga classes, as well as riding 5 miles on the bike at the gym. So cold here in WI, no chance of a walk outside today.

@lgorek welcome and thank you for the great quote. I pasted it here because I want to be sure to remember it: โ€œDonโ€™t wait until youโ€™ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goalโ€

Good luck to everyone today. Take care, Markie

Day 2…..Florida…..CD

Yesterday was a tough and very frustrating day which unleashed several dragons, then to top it all off the scales this morning were not the most supportive thing in my bathroom.

A unexpected day off since I found out that I have to work on Sat.

For the most part, I plan to continue my fast until after Mass tonight, then as a family we will go out for dinner.

Today will be a busy day at home, my MIL is headed down from up North to spend her yearly 3 month visit with us. So, I need to get her bedroom ready. Also we repainted her bathroom, so Iโ€™ll be in there recaulking the baseboards, hanging up the decorations and such. I did order off of Amazon a new shower curtain and shelves for in there. Hopefully, they will make it in time to hang up before she gets here. Hereโ€™s to wishful thinking.

So an unexpected day off turned into a day full of household work.

Well…..Iโ€™m off to find inspiration for all the crap I have to do aka another cup of coffee!

I talk a lot of smack for someone who tips over while trying to put on their underwear!

Day 1 – USA – NFD
    Day 2 – USA – NFD

Day 2, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Well, again I did everything right but the scales were unfriendly to me this morning.๐Ÿ˜  Have to keep on going.

@rainbowsmile: you were late to your Gym class but at least you still could join them. I on the other hand, missed my bus to go to my yoga class, took the next one and the classroom was already locked. I know the instructor does this to insure peace and quiet but I hoped I could beat the clock. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

We have another cloudy day, so our Groundhog๐Ÿน will not see his shadow. That means…..early spring!๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท Yeah, hope it is true. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Hello everyone.
    I am new here and haven’t tried this diet before but would really like to try it. Can I still join the challenge?

Day 2 – USA – NFD

@daffodil2010, thanks for hosting Feb. challenge; can you give me permission to access the spreadsheet? I clicked on the various links for it over the past 5 pages, but it bounces me into “email for permission to access”. Thanks!

Day 2: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Hey, it’s great to be here again. Yesterday’s fast day was a success….hooray!!! This is the first since 8th March last year. The date emblazoned on my brain.
    Thanks @coda, @daffodil2010 and all others who’ve been so kind and welcomed a sinner back to the fold!!
    I will not let you down.

Day 2 – Fife, Scotland – NFD

Friday is weigh day for me and despite having messed up my pre fast prep I still lost a quarter of a pound. It’s a tiny loss but still heading in the right direction.
    Finished work early today so heading out for a short cycle before darkness falls.
    Working tomorrow and going to a party on Sunday afternoon so it will be a hectic couple of days.

Have a great weekend!!

Rodger

Day 2 NF day, Yesterday was a successful fast day. My body fat is melting away even thought the scale stays the same for the past few days. Feeling fab today.

In a world where you can be anything, be KIND.

Day 2 USA (UT visiting) NFD

I’m fighting off some little bug so taking it easy. Daughter convinced me not to do Silver Sneakers class (exercise for senior citizens) today but to rest.

Maintenance is still my game.

Onward and downward.

Day 2 NFD Oregon USA

Didn’t step on the scale this morning since I had to on Wednesday. Giving myself until next Friday to let things settle. And for all the newbies you will find that some of us are daily weighed, weekly and some even only once a month. Have to find what works for you. I tend to be have both a “reward” and “sabotage” mode for myself with that darned scale and in reflecting on the last couple of weeks at least, I have been tempted to step on the scale at odd times and days other than Friday and I am wondering if that is impacting my success. I am back to Friday morning only and won’t step til next! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good news for the week is that I have been successful 16:8 (at least) every day (sometimes 18:6). It does seem to be wreaking a little havoc again with my digestive tract. I am drinking lots of water and using fiber but nothing seems to be moving. (Another reason I am NOT stepping on the scale).

@bert1802 I want you to redo my bedroom and bathroom! I am sure what you have accomplished for your MIL will be lovely. 3 months?? You must like her!! Lucky (if we all remember my rants from December that would not/could not/dare not happen at my house.

@michelinme good on you!! I was supposed to be/hoping to be(in my mind) tracking with you and you are gazelling right away from me. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘

@annemarilyn have a great trip to Peru. Just happy for you to escape the grey. I am sure it has been as damp as Cornwall here in the Pacific Northwest!

I can’t seem to find a quote to stick with. Will mull it over and hopefully be inspired by the weekend.

Happy Friday all!

Day 2, UK, NFD

My FD yesterday was surprisingly tough, I felt hungry from the time I woke up ๐Ÿ™ .
    I don’t usually suffer like that, I can handle hunger much easier usually. I was glad when it was over, and today, on my NFD , I’m not that hungry ๐Ÿ˜ . Not that I’m complaining ๐Ÿ˜‚ . My weight is the same.

@lllellielll of course you can join, welcome to this nice supportive group ๐Ÿ™‚
    @simcoeluv posted the link to some helpful tips earlier: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ , and there is a link to the spread sheet in the OP as well.

@coda how are the hens doing? ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope everyone has a great weekend ๐ŸŒน

Day 2 – SW WA USA – NFD

Looking forward to catching up on posts this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Together we are stronger!

Day 2, South Wales, NFD

Am I the only one glad it’s not still January? A challenging month to say the least.

@mjrbcd44 – I am a fellow tortoise, likely for the same reasons. Lost 28lb April-Dec, but on a frustratingly long (menopause-induced?) plateau since then, and hoping to get back to an exercise regime to kick-start another weight loss phase. My doctor has recommended that I eat lots more soya-based foods as natural HRT – apparently Asian women rarely experience menopausal symptoms, possibly because of a higher natural intake of phytooestrogens. Worth a go, I reckon!

Day 2- Colorado USA – NFD

Happy Groundhogโ€™s Day!! โ„๏ธ๐Ÿฆ”๐ŸŒž??
    … Looks like Punxsutawney Phil has seen his shadow, so 6 more weeks of winter.

@realmac – totally agree on this โ€œNo guiltโ€ WOL.
    With 5:2 if I *really* want something, I can eat it tomorrow. And maybe not even be interested in it by then. But if itโ€™s NFD, I allow myself special treats on Friday or Saturday. The rest of the week is a focus on healthy choices.
    First, I slayed the Sugar Dragon ๐Ÿ‰ Now Iโ€™m learning I donโ€™t need ๐Ÿท๐Ÿทwith every occasion or dinner out. Limiting it to Friday or Saturday is getting easier. Staying โ€œDry โ€˜till Fri.โ€ helps me make smarter food choices!
    Baby stepping our way to success! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Day 2 – UK – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was the best for a while. I did a good spin class followed by upper body weights to exhaustion. I also made some spicy bone-broth soup to try and fill the problem I have when I have to feed the kids but don’t eat myself. I find if my evening meal is delayed beyond 6.30pm, and I’m surrounded by food and others eating, I cave in and have a snack which unleashes that tendency to say “…ah, stuff it!” and eat what I like. The soup worked to a degree, but I still reckon I consumed 800-900 kcal in total, not the 600 I should be doing on FDs.

So today is NFD for me. I’m going to try 4:3 throughout in Feb with B2B on Mon/Tues and a third day on Thursdays. I’ve just ordered Dr Krista Vardy’s book, The Every Other Day Diet. I’d be interested to know what others think of it (if you’ve read it).

@moppet:
    My advice: next time someone gives you a Danish pastry (or anything naughty) to take to work…..say thank you nicely, take it to work and IMMEDIATLY, give it to someone there!

Day 2 still – Colorado USA – 2nd post

Forgot to say, just did my weekly weigh in this morning…. more downward progress! Yay!

OH has finally (Finally!!) gotten on board & is intermittent fasting now too. Hooray!
    The long timers on here know itโ€™s been a struggle for me not having any support at home … but heโ€™s on the bandwagon for just over a month so far and itโ€™s so helpful. As we say here โ€œTogether we are stronger!โ€ Luckily heโ€™s enjoying the ease of 16:8, as well as, already dropping 5 lbs.

Itโ€™s just 8 weeks till Spring Break vacation!! Meeting up with family at a beach & weโ€™ll all be breaking out our swim suits. Yikes! ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘™
    Hoping to keep up this fabulous momentum & see great results over these next 2 months!

@lynned I am ecstatic it is no longer January! This means Dry January is over. Which explains the glass of red on the shelf next to me ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท

Post 2 : Anyone else having a problem accessing the spread sheet? When I try to access it it asks me for permission?

I didn’t realise there is a tortoise club ๐Ÿข , how nice! Can I join please? ๐Ÿ˜€

I am also having trouble accessing the spreadsheet, same issue.

Good luck, Big Viking!

Day 2 – Massachusetts – FD

Hello fellow fasters! I have been reflecting on what I want to get out of February and how I am going to shake things up to get past this plateau I’ve found myself in. Sorry that this is a long post – writing down my goals always helps me commit to them. Feel free to skip!

I’m still pretty new to 5:2, only started last November. I’m 5’2″ with a small frame, and some websites estimate my ideal weight for that height/frame is 110-115, BMI of 20-21. I will see how I feel as I get closer to those numbers. My issues started several years ago when I was diagnosed with IBS. I gained weight until I was 140 lbs (25.6 BMI, just overweight). Lifestyle changes got me down to 136 and then I was stuck there. I tried dieting, but it didn’t have a lasting impact and I kept gaining back. Then I started fasting and found the challenges last November! I’ve been hooked since and have had some great progress, losing ~10 pounds so far so that I’m now at 121.6. ๐Ÿ™‚ However, I am now attempting to lose the final 5-10 pounds, which I hear is very difficult. In January I made no progress towards my goal, and the scale just kept fluctuating around the weight I am now.

To overcome this plateau, I am going to do the following:

1. I am going to log all the food I eat this month. My NFDs are sometimes very uncontrolled, and that needs to stop!

2. Even though I haven’t been losing the pounds on the scale, I feel like my clothes are fitting me better. This could be the result of regular exercise. So this month I am also going to track my measurements, starting tomorrow.

3. I am going to try fasting 3 days a week to get my body to keep losing fat.

If any of you have any suggestions for me I would be glad to hear it!

Time to shake things up – comfort is the enemy!

Thanks, Simcoeluv! I am counting my calories but might need to recalculate. Thanks for the website. I have lost 3 pounds in three weeks. I hope I continue on this schedule! I know I can’t do 36 hours, at least not yet. I get wayyyy to hungry and can’t control myself. Counting my calories is keeping me within range. The Mediterranean diet is turning out to be very filling for me but I’ll see how this plays out over time. If I stop losing, I will cut more calories! I hope your weather is better where you are! It’s frigid and windy here. Wish I was in the Caribbean or Mediterranean right now sitting on a lovely warm beach! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2, Oceanside CA USA, NFD

Hi @daffodil2010. I am joining the February monthly challenge. I am at maintenance after losing 18 pounds from November 2016 to November 2017 along with daily exercise, and two 800 calorie FDs per week. Sharing on the forum is entertaining and motivating. Thank you for hosting.

I clicked on the spreadsheet link and it says I need permission. I used all the other spreadsheets over the past year and did not receive this message. I am signed in here. Could you see if there is a request to view on your Google queue? I will restart my computer and see if I can get by this glitch.

Good luck to all Fast 5:2 newbies and veterans. We are all on the same page.

Hi,Daffodil! I just read that you are planning a vegan diet. I am curious about that. Everyone I ever met who did that is pretty slim! My son and his wife, who is a nutritionist went vegan. I would be very interested to see how that works for you. Good luck!

Ahhh, Moppet! I understand your dilemma. I always wondered why people felt to compelled to bring food to work for everyone! Cookies, and who knows what else! So many temptations. And all those birthdays and holiday foods! That you can’t stop. Just have to try not to notice at work. However, maybe you bring your boyfriend into the picture and elicit his help. Then maybe he will bring you a yogurt or piece of fruit instead. Hopefully, he will support your efforts! That’s a piece of advice I see a lot of over here in the States. Good luck!

Day 2, NFD

@daffodil2010 thank you for the encouragement! I’m taking it slow this time, trying to not be too strict, because that’s not sustainable.

Today went OK-ish, I started my day with some yoga, and then later…. I had a Snickers (gasp), which I was not planning on. So… balance I guess? ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi, Flourbaby! Hope your day is going well. Today is my FD too and so far it’s going well! ๐Ÿ™‚ I only drink water while fasting but on NFDs, I eat a little over a 1,000 calories. I found I can eat quite a bit on those calories if I stick to a lot of veggies. That’s the only reason I haven’t been overly hungry on NFDs. I don’t eat great or cakes and recently I reluctantly gave up my beloved evening glass of wine. It is well missed! But I do intent to return to it after I lose the weight! After all, everyone should have at least one vice! ๐Ÿ™‚ Otherwise, very boring!

Steve too taxi, hi! I feel for you. Sports are definitely an occasion to drink beer! I am in the States and you can imagine what beer drinking and bar foods will be consumer this weekend over here with the Super Bowel! LOL

Great news, realmac! I didn’t think about it before but I think not feeling guilt when eating something will prove very helpful to stay within our dietary needs and keep us from regaining, as long as we stay within our individual caloric needs. It’s hard to do if we feel deprived. Great going!

Igorek, I love your quote. So true! Good luck!

michelinme, Wonderful! Sounds like you are well on your way!

Day 2 Second post

@daffodil2010 I’m also locked out of the spreadsheet. No rush, I’ve written my goals & measurements on a bit of paper. Love to see how everyone else is going on, and track myself alongside

@mjrbcd44 thanks! happy to spot you too ๐Ÿ™‚

Bert, you have a lot on your plate. Good luck! I think you biggest challenge for awhile will be rewarding yourself for all your efforts! I hope you can find rewards that will keep you on track.

Day 2 – Scotland – NFD

Too many biscuits and chocolate, a big binge. Not the right way to start the challenge, but it was a difficult day. I have to stop with emotional eating, it doesn’t make me feel better anyway.

Day 2, Germany, 2nd post
    Had quite a good FD today! And even though I felt so weak and tired I made it through the day…
    @mopped perhaps you could generally ask your sweetheart to not give you sweets for presents anymore… The clearer you communicate your needs the easier it gets… On the part of not being able to throw it away I can so much relate!! My biggest problem…
    @beddardo oh yes! I find it so challenging with these last pounds… I’ve been fighting with those like forever… This WOL gave me the hope that I could finally reach the weight I really feel happy with AND to maintain it, too! Well, till now I am still finding out what works best for me and what doesn’t.

JohnnyR, I haven’t read the book but I am doing an every other day fast. I fast on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays but never on the weekends. I am losing weight and am not feeling too hungry most of the time. Good luck!

Day 2 WFD
    Las Vegas NV

Got in 30 minutes of easy biking in this am. Sitting in class all day today. Planning on some ballroom dancing tonight

Hi, leggit! I thought I would respond because I have some of the same issues and background you have. Your plan seems to have some of the responses I had and made plans for. I am a little taller than you, standing at 5’3″. I also have a final 10 lbs. to lose and fall into the same ideal weight category as you do. I also understand that those last pounds are hard to lose but I think playing around with your calorie intake and exercise plan helps. I did exactly what you plan by counting all my calories on NFDs. I only drink water on FDs. I seem to be losing weight, fortunately. I also exercise on both FDs and NFDs. Lots of people don’t like or want to count calories and, while that might work for them, all for doing whatever helps me. I regard this as a WOL but once I get where I want to be, I won’t restrict so much or fast so often. I will figure out what I need when that time comes. I wish you all he luck. It looks like you have a well thought out plan.

ccco Day 2 NFD

Just checking in. This is the end of my third week on the program and I have lost 3 lbs. so far. It’s going well most of the time. I think the more habitual this plan becomes, the easier it will be. I have two hours left before I can eat again. On weekends I don’t fast. Fortunately, I don’t have no temptation ridden plans for this weekend, even with the Superbowl! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Ate just over tdee today. My husband, my son in law and I went for a coffee in a cafeteria this morning and I ate a cheesecake. Itโ€™s sheeps cheese encased with puff pastry. I enjoyed it but donโ€™t do it often as itโ€™s loaded with calories.
    I also had a chicken and Parma ham baguette for lunch.

My grandson fed me some penne (pasta) this evening. Otherwise I had a plate of hot spicy fruit salad and some duck ravioli my son didnโ€™t eat.

Good night ๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ˜ด everyone. Onwards and downwards

Day 2 FD: Starting weight for the month: 191 lbs. Goal weight 175lbs. So thats uh…. a total of 16lbs. I think I can, I think I can!

Hi @shinything – 2 remaining hens seem fine with Dot laying a nice brown egg most days. Princess when she begins should lay a nice white egg, hopefully soon. We hope to get another 3 hens maybe in a few weeks time and that would be our coop full. Ha ha OH only agreed to 2 but we talked him round. I want to get another cream legbar as they lay a green/blue egg and I fancy a light Sussex and Barnvelder. I love it when they have the run of the garden and they are out scratching about. Maybe won’t like it if they scratch up my plants tho. Each morning when I let them out into the run I say good morning ladies! By the way i am the slowest ๐Ÿข ever, welcome to the club!

Today went well and I avoided scones and midget gems. Tho I did succumb to 2 slices of toast with peanut butter this evening but I was nearly 400 cals below my tdee so I believe I was ok. I’ll have to watch myself over the weekend though. I need a new mindset to get me through.

ccco USA NFD I just completed my fast day and finished my dinner. I thought I would keep myself occupied so I won’t eat by trolling through the forum. I found today that when I went to eat dinner, I was quickly very full! Maybe my stomach is shrinking! That shows me I have a gap between craving something and actually being hungry. I decided to take advantage of that. My weekends have been NFDs. This weekend I am going to try eating just two meals inside an 8 hour window. If that works, I might do that on all my NFDs to see what happens!

Day 2, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello everybody ! Doing fine here – so glad to read so many posts and see so many new members ! Welcome to all.

Ate a sensible lunch at the Mexican restaurant, had the chips and salsa (of course) then half of a taco salad. Got in all my exercise, water, green tea, etc. No breakfast, had a cup of tomato soup (diluted with twice the amount of water required) and some multi grain crackers for dinner.

Today was shopping with friends, ate at Burger King, had the veggie burger and medium fries. Both were yummy. No breakfast, had an apple late in the afternoon, a beautiful crisp gala apple – because I had to try out my new apple slicer,corer thingy. Worked great. Ate two slices of veggie pizza for dinner. Lots of exercise and feeling great! Gonna catch up on a busy news day, watch Blue Bloods with the hubby and hit the sack

To your health, all.

Day 2 Sarasota, Florida NFD @daffodil2010 Please I need the link to the spreadsheet for February again. I added to it yesterday but now it’s disappeard from my Sheets app. My name was there but highlighted in green?

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,595 total)

You must be logged in to reply.