February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,590 replies, has 123 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,595 total)

• Hi @daffodil2010 I’m also locked out of the spreadsheet.
    Day 3 Staying with friends on a dairy farm. It’s verrry hard contemplating a Mediterranean style diet when there is fresh deliciously sweet whole milk freely available! FD are the key to success me thinks.

Day 2 NFD Nebraska, USA: Good day today but ate pizza for supper and my tummy didn’t appreciate it! More food than I needed. I can tell I am not able to eat the amount of food I used to. Hope to keep things light for the weekend!

Today is my Day 2 Non Fasting Day, I think i ate bit more today but tomorrow is my another Fasting Day though im fasting for religious reasons. I will be only on water all day tomorrow so not feeling too guilty for today’s over eating. Thank You everyone for sharing your experiences on your Fast Days

Great job, misty. Sounds like fasting for religious purposes will be a powerful incentive for you!

Thank You ccco, yes it is i fast once a month water only Day and i do pretty good on fasting days but my problem is non fasting days where i eat more calories than required and cannot control my sugar cravings. I’m training myself to stay away from sugars 🙂

Day 3, Germany, NFD
    Am glad I finished my FD well yesterday and looking forward to my fruit porridge for breakfast now! Am planning to go for a nice run today plus lots of reading and relaxing on the couch!
    Have a great Saturday everyone!

Day 3 NSW Australia NFD
    Hi everyone, just checking in.
    Daffodil2010: Just for your interest – my google account appears to have blocked access to the February excel file and says I need permission to view it – I have never had this issue before today – can’t even open it direct from your link on this thread.
    So I may not be able to complete the excel sheet this month if the problem is unable to be solved.
    May have to wait and see if it corrects itself!
    Have a good day/ evening everyone and bye for now!

Day 3, Cornwall UK, FD

Well done @miraclelou on your fast day yesterday. I also did one and it went really well. I was far more strict about monitoring what I ate and I think skipping breakfast really helped that along. Today I could really notice the difference on the scales and finally looks as though I’m losing fat again… now just need to try and keep it off until my next fast day!

Have a great weekend all!

Day 3 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧.

Hi all. I can’t access the spreadsheet either today @daffodil2010 could you check permissions please?

Today another NFD for me but trying to eat healthily. LFD tomorrow!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u-MA-58JPJTF-QCmKIgblSQ5sW7aajLgypUZ1cacACA/edit?usp=sharing

Oh dear, woke up to tons of emails requiring access….don’t know what I did but I guess I locked everybody out.Try the link now and hopefully you can get in. Sorry guys…….blushes!

😀😀 working now.

Day 3, UK, NFD
    The headache I have this morning tells me I over-did the wine last night… I may just skip wine thi evening!

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

@bigviking I share that headache with you, I too overdid the alcoholic enjoyment last night, but I also have the embarrassing realisation on waking that I had somehow locked everybody out of the February sheet 😳😳😳.

Once again, I do apologise to my fellow February fasters. I am soooo embarrassed. I must have clicked the wrong button on Thursday night. Lesson learned…and for all future hosts and hostesses…….be careful 😄

Had a great evening with DH last night. He made a fab roast beef dinner, we had wine, we had a pisco sour cocktail, we listened to music and had cheese and crackers…but feeling tender this morning. Going to hoist myself out for a walk and drag DH with me. Later we head to our lakeside hotel in the Midlands for the Photo Rally awards ceremony and more wine will be consumed. As DH has to be in work at 2pm tomorrow the consumption will be controlled.

Have a good choices day everyone ☺️

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Good 500 calorie FD yesterday, feeling great today. Sun shining so I will go for a walk before I have breakfast.

@lynned – my GP made the same recommendation and it helped me. I read a book called Eating for the Menopause, borrowed from the library, which had lots of food suggestions which fit in with Mediterranean diet – basically plant protein: soya, pulses, nuts. Hope it works for you.

@daffodil2010 good lunck for tonight, fingers crossed you win!

Have a lovely weekend everyone 😊

Day 3 Brisbane, Australia

NFD Had a good day just over 1000 cals, FD tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Day 3, London, UK, NFD,

So I’m patting myself on the back having completed yesterdays’ FD successfully!!! Yeah ME!!!! I was soooo desperate for January to be over; I just couldn’t locate the mojo!!!! Funnily enough I’ve always said the FDs were easier than NFDs, but January was the 1st month I struggled with fasting, having already completed 14 relatively successful months (incl. the usual holidays, celebrations & even wine/cake/chocolate binges!!!).

@bigviking, after yesterdys’ FD, TONIGHT the vino will finally be uncorked and I might even manage to allow it to breathe, if I can control myself!!!! Although not dry this month, I’m aiming for joining the Dry ‘til Fri group, except where there’s a FD on the weekend, of course!!! I don’t usually break my fast ‘til 2:30 at the earliest, I may well have a cheeky glass then!!!

@steve toon taxi driver – football, beer by the bucketful and curry on a shovel ………………. Do I sound less than classy if I say it sounds like my kind of night out??? (wine by the bucket for me though!!)

For any newbies, still a little unsure of how these challenges work, have a read of @daffodil2010 ‘s 1st post on Day 1, our hostess this month has kindly laid it ALL out there …………. You can’t go wrong!!!

Onward & Downward people!!!

London, NFD

Well done daffodil for keeping things going and dedication to us newbies. I had difficulty accessing the the spread sheet but will give it another go following your fix, ta.

My musings of going into day three. Need to be careful to keep myself from going in too hard and then finding my body and mind won’t cope – I have to be a tortoise in this race!

Surprised how easy FD yesterday was. I know from daily life wether dieting or not if I start eating early in the day it seems to set off signals for me to eat and graze for the rest of the day so got hungry around 5pm so ate small low calorie meal and ate one or two almonds as snacks through out the day plus loads of water. Woke this morning feeling fine and have just completed a 5k living room walkout. Resisting the urge to weigh myself daily, can be self destructive up, down or the same, planning to do weekly weight.

Loving reading entries for the Feb start out group, not ventured further a field yet on the forum. Loved Igorek your quote ‘be proud of every step you take towards your goal’. Keeping it front and centre, thank you.

Day 3, Finland, NFD

Hi everyone. Like many, I am noticing that my appetite is changing, and the amounts of food it takes to feel full is decreasing. Friday night is pizza night at our house,( clever marketing by a pizza brand has declared it pizza perjantai, pizza friday in finnish!), but last night I ate only half what i have been eating other times! I wanted something sweet so had some mud cake, but didn’t enjoy it one bit. Couldn’t taste it because of my flu, but i ate it anyway, that was disappointing. But my lolly and chocolate bar ban is going strong….5 weeks!

Have a great day everyone.

Day 3 – Iceland – FD
    Day 2 – NFD

Day 3 Belfast NFD

OOPS @daffodil – my tried to take away the green in my name cell (not quite at maintenanceyet!) and I’ve accidentqlly deleted the person above me! 😐 sorry!

Day 3 UK NFD

wow day 3 and pages of comments. Welcome to all our new “forumers “ and great to see all the familiar faces. @daffodil2010 thanks for hosting this month. I don’t use the spreadsheet, after almost 12 months following this WOL I’m still logging calories and weight on MFP. I get a perverse kind of pleasure when it tells me off for not eating enough calories! My loss might be slow but I like the downward (or flat at the moment ) graph.

Last week was a bit mixed. One solid FD a few CDs and one EFS (epic face stuffing) day. I’m just please I finished the week about the same as I started it!
    @coda, good news re your hens starting to lay. I’d love hens but having 2 small dogs 🐶 I’m wary of how they’ll react. I’m definitely with you in the tortoise club at the minute. January was really hard and I sort of lost my motivation. I kept to the general theme of 5:2 but allowed myself to be more generous on NFDs.
    @bigviking, I failed on dry January last weekend, the first bottle of red led to a bottle of white we didn’t know we had, left from Christmas. The crisps then appeared, ouch.
    Anyway, I have given myself a challenge of 6 lbs in February so I need to pick it up. That would get me to 4 stones lost in exactly 12 months.

Happy weekend everyone.

Day 3…..Florida….. FD

Happy Saturday! I had such a good day yesterday, it’s such a shame I have to go to work today! I’m making it a FD, because I need a good one and since Sat. Are normally busy….It should be a breeze!

@mrjbc…… thank you for your kind words. I got very lucky in the MIL department. She’s 93 and tells me she learned to be a good MIL from her MIL. Who she adored…..
    We all enjoy her visit, my boys enjoy talking with her, cooking, etc. My YS he’s 19 and her have their own special language it’s a mix of Spanish and Italian….. they talk that way all the time…..
    But I understand your frustration with yours because unfortunately my husband didn’t get a very good MIL. My mother, I could never have her stay a two hour visit is tough with her. But again, I think it has a lot to do with she didn’t raise me, and I have a lot of my own issues with her!

I wanted to take a minute to welcome all the newbies in to the mix. I’ve. Been on this forum for well over a year. Everyone on here, is one of the reasons, this WOL works so well for me. We support each other in everything!
    You will notice a bunch of side challenges and little clubs, pocketeirs, turtle club, planks, dry, etc…… all of these side things are people coming together to enhance and help the WOL.
    I wish you all the best of luck!

Okay……well if I don’t get moving, I’m not going to!

I talk a lot of smack for someone who tips over while trying to put on their underwear!

Day 3, South Africa , NFD.

67,9 kgs starting weight
    66,3 kgs this morning. Yesterday was my first fast day. I had water and green tea until evening time. I had 2 apples (the only fruit I had in the fridge) and 2 brown wraps with peanut butter and honey with cinnamon. I had initially planned to do go straight water but the moment I had the first apple it was late for me. Note to self…no apples on fast days. I don’t know if it happens to anyone else…but I really believe that Apples accelerate my appetite. A wonderful and blessed weekend to you all.

Day 3 – USA – NFD

Good Day,

Daffodil2010 please add me to the spreadsheet?

Day 3 USA Wisconsin NFD

This thread moves so fast. As I skim through I’m enjoying the new voices and voices I’m familiar with from the past two months. Everyone has something interesting to say and it feels as if we are all on the same team, all moving in the same direction, all supporting each other.

Successful NFD and completed activities yesterday. Today will again try to avoid sugar and control carbs. Activity will include leading a yoga class (for myself!) and walking for at least an hour (indoor, flat terrain at the mall). I’m down a pound, and thrilled.

I schedule activity every day. I know that exercise does not equate to lost weight or the opportunity to consume more calories, but my body feels more fit, my balance and outlook are better and my muscles are more firm when I exercise. Teaching water aerobics and yoga, biking and walking are my favorite ways to include exercise in my day, but I also do weight training with 8 to 12lb weights and a 15# resistance band once a week or so. I also practice getting down on the floor and getting up every day. Those of you who are younger might not understand the floor thing, but trust me, as we age we can easily lose this ability to get up and down unassisted.

I wish everyone good luck today.

@diana123 I love your tag line: In a world where you can be anything, be KIND.

Take care, Markie

Day 3 UK CD

Felt good yesterday! Fasted til lunchtime, had some oat/seed bread with vegemite & cucumber and ploughed on with project stuff until early evening. My mindless eating was taken care of by a box of carrot sticks & apple slices leftover from the day before. Somehow I’m feeling more on top of things because I’m not out of control with eating… ripple effect

Today I’ve been trying to adapt my beetroot banana cacao cake (gluten free fat free dairy free wheat free diabetic friendly and keto) to also be vegan, to welcome a vegan colleague to a new challenge this week. It’s been a mare! Dunno why I didn’t PM my friend the expert baker but no, i ploughed on regardless, adding a bit of this and a bit of that. NB Flaxseed egg substitutes are not for the faint-hearted, esp when already working with coconut flour – just saying! Finally added a load more grated lemon and some frozen blackberries so it looks like a cake. I’ll let you know how it turns out 😀

Been thinking about what to give up for Lent, which is now only 11 days away. Quite hard to think about fasting when I’m already fasting! It’s been wonderful for me over the years, leading to some life-giving changes – sugar in drinks, daily alochol, sweets now once a week and finally cigarettes gone for good. I’ll maybe think about letting go of a habit, or taking up a more helpful one.

Off to get the cake and my weekly oat/yogurt/seed loaf into the oven, and get in some yoga and meditation ahead of the Six Nations Rugby kickoff – my absolute Passion. Go Scotland! (Other rugby nations are available 😀 )

Day 3, UK, NFD

Thank you for fixing the spreadsheet Daffodil2010 🌹 , it happens sometimes with spreadsheets, I could never quite work out why.

@coda I’m glad to hear the hens, Dot and Princess are doing well and Dot is producing eggs 😊 , hopefully Princess will follow soon 😊, and they will welcome new company 😀 Keep us updated please 😀

For all in the 🐢 club, slow is not necessarily bad in this case, as long as we are heading in the right direction!

@ccco I hope you find your routine soon, maybe reduce the 24 hours without food to 16-18 and then have 500 cal, and then continue for next 12 before you start NFD? Everybody is different, so its just a matter of finding what works best for us 🙂

Its good to see this forum active and hear all the stories. Have a lovely weekend everyone 🤗

Day 3, Guildford UK, CFD

I feel awful today, my breath smells and my sinuses are so blocked.

Raging thirst. Cauliflower craving…..

Feeling really weird.

V

Day 3 NFD Nebraska, USA

I am delighted that I have maintained my 3 lb weight loss through my NFDs! I wasn’t sure I would do so as this is still so new to me. I took measurements this morning and there is some loss there too. Yay me! I am also amazed at how good I feel as that was a concern since I have autoimmune issues and struggle sometimes. I enjoy reading the posts here and on other forums. Thank you for adding me to this challenge!

Day 3, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Eating within my tdee.

Have a great weekend everyone, 😊 enjoy.

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    A wet day on my deliveries today. Porridge before work, half an apple at work, then the full works when I get home! Hopefully nothing else today….

Day 3 – Fife – Scotland – NFD

Working for a few hours this morning, still got a big apetite after my Thursday fast day. Just having a late lunch with my new wee Grandson 🙂
    Perhaps a few drinks tonight, a spin on the mountain bike tomorrow morning, then my mother in laws 75th birthday party tomorrow afternoon.
    A full on weekend!

Rodger

Day 3 – Fife – Scotland – NFD

Working for a few hours this morning, still got a big apetite after my Thursday fast day. Just having a late lunch with my new wee Grandson 🙂
    Perhaps a few drinks tonight, a spin on the mountain bike tomorrow morning, then my mother in laws 75th birthday party tomorrow afternoon.
    A full on weekend!

Rodger

Day 3 NF Day Stevensville Maryland USA so thankful it is Saturday doing 16.8 today and feeling hungry this am. Going to drink so bone broth. I did measurements today and have lost 2 inches on my belly. Need to lose about 5 move.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. Have a great day everyone.

2nd post

@debster251 the person above you on the sheet is normally me….but I am still there. I will check when I get home tomorrow who should be there now. I am on my phone in the hotel so can’t do much.

@therealwil78 you are included on the sheet 😊

Just watching the rugby, not looking good for Scotland. Looking forward to Ireland vs France soon. Then our awards dinner. Met a few of our fellow motorbikers earluer in the bar, it’s going to be a good night 🤗

Got it! Thanks Daffodil2010.

Day 3, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

I decided to join the dry week until Friday instead of doing a complete dry February. It is still Carnival Season and I like to enjoy a bit before Ash Wednesday, which is also Valentine’s Day. Weird. More weird stuff: Easter is on April Fool’s Day. I cannot remember this happening in my life. Anyway….

Tomorrow is Super Bowl. There might be chicken wings! 😄😄😄

Have a good Saturday!🌷🌷🌷

Day 3 NFD Oregon USA

Have still been managing 16:8 every day since last Sunday.
    Going to give myself a break tomorrow for Superbowl Sunday.

Still frustrated by sluggish digestion despite lemon water daily, fiber daily,coffee,magnesium….I am going for a walk this morning and hopefully that is the missing piece of the puzzle–exercise!

Will catch up on posts later but @daffodil I am fantasizing about your weekend adventure and rally photos. If at all possible to share via drive would love to see. 😀

Have a great day wherever you are. Good choices.

@mjrbcd44: I totally have the same problem. It has been 3!!! days now and still….nothing! I did everything….So frustrating and uncomfortable! Please let me know of any remedy! 🌷🌷🌷

Hi, mishty! That’s my biggest problem, too. When I come off my fast, I just want to eat everything. I wrote down everything I should eat last night and ate it but I have nuts in the house because I am trying to eat Mediterranean style. Of course, I ate too many, so I am making up for it today on my NFD. I used to have a problem with everything made with white flour and to a lesser extent sugar. IF I bought a loaf of bread, I couldn’t just eat one slice!!! 🙁 It was like an addict coming off drugs trying to break by attachment to bread and white flour but I succeeded. I no longer crave it and never even buy bread anymore. I broke my need for sugar when I was in my twenties and for some odd reason no longer like sugar. My only problem now is salt! 🙁 Good luck and have a great day!

ccco USA NFD: Thanks Daffodil! I just weighed myself and am down another pound, 4 so far! I am feeling celebratory today! 🙂

ccco USA NFD: Feel better BigViking!

That was a mouth watering meal, Daffodil! Wish I had been there! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! 🙂

Whew! Back in the gym. Just finished cardio and some strength training. Feels good to be back. @daffodil2010 thanks for the add. Down a pound so far. Prob water weight, but I’ll take it.Enjoy your Saturday everyone wherever you are.

Hi, I would like to join the February challenge. I started this WOL in January 2018 and lost weight and want to continue downwards. I fast on mon, tues and thurs with a weekly weigh in on Thursday mornings.

@daffodil2010 I added my name to the bottom of the spreadsheet but did not know how to put it in alphabetical order, please help me 🙂

A little progress each day adds up to big results.

@daffodil2010
    I got your spreadsheet AND managed to fill it in! All good as I’m not overly technical.
    @flourbaby: YAY! you did it….
    @scribbleartist: You too, keeping the weight loss off….
    I will only weigh myself after a FD and no other time, don’t want to tempt fate.
    Also I have fancy new scales this time. My old ones underweighed by about 8 pounds! I’m using kilos on these because they mean nothing to me!! I don’t want to know in stones and pounds, thanks!

Hello there! I am a newbie, in the US from Michigan, and would like to be added to the challenge. This is all new to me and I’ve spent the last week reading all I can, and am ready to give it a go. Thank you for doing this.

Day 1- NFD
    Day 2 – NFD
    Day 3 – FD

I am a huge coffee drinker, so I’ve tried to limit, and drink more tea. I take no sugar in either, but do add skim milk. Does that work as long as I include in calorie numbers?

Day 3- Colorado USA – NFD

Enjoying my NFDs (Friday & Saturday are my more free & loose days.)
    Typically, since starting intermittent fasting, I do not eat breakfast (especially Monday thru Thursday.) Yesterday I was really craving some cereal & totally enjoyed a bowl of hot maple oatmeal with raisins. Heaven! No guilt!
    Then OH & I went bowling and billiards for Happy Hour. Had 🍷🍷and a giant plate of balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts plus a few bites of OH’s burger. Delish! Still stayed right on point with TDEE.

So proud of Oh sticking to his 16:8 Fasting. We’ve finally worked out a meal system that works for us!

This morning, we sat down together with the calendar & wrote out each dinner we’d share during the week. I’ll be making a large pot of creamy broccoli-cauliflower soup to get me thru the work week, whilst he selected to make turkey + cheese slice roll-ups. Dinner each night includes a giant leafy green & veg salad. Then our only days for freer eating (breakfast or dinner out together) are Friday & Saturday.

Since New Year, OH has dropped 6 lbs. and I’ve banished 4.5. But the best part is no more food fights! No arguing about meals or what to cook or eat. We map it out together each weekend, then follow the game plan. Another bonus: no wasted groceries. We only buy exactly what is planned on the list.
    Thank goodness this is resolved. Tension gone!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,595 total)

You must be logged in to reply.