February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
February 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,590 replies, has 123 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 1,595 total)

• Hi everyone…….

I’ll be participating in Feb.

So, I was looking for my ending this month. I found one only because when I read it, I laughed so hard I snorted…..I had to use it

So…….

I talk a lot of smack for someone who tips over while trying to put on their underwear!

Day 1, Guildford UK, FD

Count me down!

Mari

Day 30, FD,Sydney Australia
    Day 31, NFD,66.6kg Down 1kg on the 1st fast day (water only), hope lost some fat, not just water 🙂

Day 1, NFD

Trying to fast tomorrow, just lunch and a snack before to gym after work. Hope it works.

I would like to join the February 2018 – Monthly Challenge please.

Day 1: Gloucestershire UK:
    Hello @daffodil2010, can I join you for this month’s challenge?
    I was on the challenges before, starting with @coda in May 2016. I lost all my excess weight of 28 pounds during the first four months for the first time in 25 years!
    Then put most of it back on in 2017….
    I want to get if off again.
    I am 64 and deliver mail as my job. Today, being a Thursday, AND the 1st of a new month…should be a FD for me…so fingers very tightly crossed.

Day 1, Norway, FD
    Day 1, Norway, FD

Thank you @daffodil2010 for hosting February Challenge, I really need to step it up a notch this month, to get “bikini-ready” for Miami and Bahamas in March.

My story started August 2017, I stumbled over a Michael Mosley documentary and was sold. The first 1,5 month went really well, lucky for me I got a really good kick start, that has kept me here. The weight-loss in December and January could most definitely been a lot better, so I’m going to be much better at planning ahead. I could really need some tips on where to find perfect FD-food, the dinner kind, I eat one meal a day on FD’s, and that would be dinner at around 5pm. If I get to eat something that really makes me full (for less than 500kcals) I have no problem not eating or craving anything else the rest of the day. I bought a slow cooker in December, but haven’t found too many great recipes for it yet, again – I need to learn how to plan ahead!! That is my big problem.

My starting weight in August was 94,4 – and yesterday I was 84,6, my lowest during this challenge has been 83,7. My goal for January was 82,9…didn’t happen  I recently bought a new phone, I went from Iphone to Huawei, and I still can’t get my Beurer scale to sync with my new phone. And now the scale says FULL, so no more space for memory. I really hope I get that sorted out, “my whole journey” is in that Beurer App!!!

Several times a day I need to remind myself of something I read on this forum (sorry can’t remember who said it): “I didn’t come this far, only to come this far”, and also “Will this help me get closer to my goal?”, sometimes the answer is yes, most of the time its no.

Welcome to all newbies, this is a great forum…btw – I fell of the plank wagon before I got started, and the no-sugar wagon…I fell of pretty early on…but I’m still on the dry-wagon, even though I actually bought a white wine (pearly) last Friday, still sits in my fridge.

Have a great day every Feb-Challengers. Hope we all can meet our goals this month.

Starting todays FD Pocket List:
    *Feel free to add your name if you are fasting today*

@ciren2
    @maayyaa

Day 1, Germany, FD

Hello @daffodil2010, could I join in as well, please?
    I’ve had very good success with doing 4:3 fasting last year, but then personal issues got in the way and I’ve gained some weight back. Am now at 63,8 kg and would like to be at 55kg, ideally (I am short 🙂

because of the stress in my life at the moment I can’t face a full fasting day, so am trying the one meal a day approach, or 18:6, 20:4. Have no set goals for Feb, except to continue with this WOE, cook my own food 95% of the time and to have lost at least some weight by the end of this month.

Wishing all of the February fasters the best of luck! 🙂

Day 1, Norway, FD

To the newcomers, and others who need a recap, here is a little bit about me:

I am 33, a mother of two boys (1.5 and 3.5), and I am married to the father of my children. I work 100% as a research scientist (I have a PhD in chemistry) I started this WOL in August 2017, weighing 94 kg. It started out great, lost lots in the first few weeks, and then it stopped for some time. I had a “break” from November to January, because of a lot of sickness in the family, (both me and the kids), and a holiday and christmas. BUT, I did not put any weight back on, so that was a relief. I started fresh again 2nd of January, and I have a plan to reach 77 kg by summer, hopefully. I will reach 77kg, but the timeline is not that important I think.
    I enjoy fasting, most days, some are harder than others though. But I usually eat a green salad for lunch and some cottage cheese and egg for dinner. And I drink a lot of coffee and water.

I start the new month with an FD, that feels good! Very hungry today, but I have actually been a good faster and went and bought myself a 1.5L sparkly water, which I plan on drinking before I leave work today. So hopefully I will lose some of the water my body is so desperately clinging on to. I weighed 87.4 on January 2., went down to 84.9, now I am 87. That is not real, just water, I know it. Hoping for a woosh next week (I am suspecting that my period is around the corner, leading to even more water retention).

Anyway, hopefully my FDs will be better this month, even if I actually had 2 FDs every week in January (where did that month go?), I don’t feel like I have been very good at it.

…and thank you to @daffodil2010 for hosting!

Day 1 Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday’s LFD went fantastically well. I was quite busy in the evening on the computer so did not have much time to ponder food. Made a nightcap of 100ml slimline milk and 100ml water, heated gently, with a teaspoon of nutmeg and sweetener. Slept like a log !

And the LFD dispatched nearly 3lbs overnight, over a kilo, woo hoo. So from January start to January end I only put on three quarters of a pounds…..not bad considering Peru took up most of January 👍

So onwards to Feb. Looking forward to the month

Today I start with an FD, making that 4 in a row, but I have an awards ceremony function on Saturday so need to make some wriggle room.

“If you are looking for a sign, this is it”

Adding myself to the fasting pocket list. Feel free to include your name

@ciren2
    @maayyaa
    @daffodil2010

Day 1 of the February challenge.

I’m fasting today but had a very late finish from work last night so had my meal much later than usual. Such is life.
    I’ll fast today as usual and see what the scales tell me tomorrow morning.

Happy February Fasting!!

Hello day 1 from NI fast day

So nice too see you back @ciren2. I had a bit of a rough time myself and slid down a big slippery snake but hopefully climbing the ladder once again. Certainly feel my head is in a better place.
    Welcome to all our newbies.

Will check in later x

Day 1, UK, FD
    74.0 kg / 163 lb / 11 st 9 lb

I’m a 52 year old, 6’2” guy and started this WOL on 20 March 2017 with a weight of 106.5 kg. Since then I have dropped 32.5 kg and now have a BMI just above 21. There’s still the remnants of a punctured spare tyre hanging around my waist, but I think excercise (and time!) is what’s required here.

I entered maintenance on December 1st, when I was 0.8 kg heavier, but Xmas got in the way! I am now back in maintenance, but will try to check in most days to keep myself accountable.

Day 1 – Japan – NFD

More like an over-eating day … I need to watch it.

Day 1 – London – NFD

Ok first day in and I’m not fasting until Sunday. I’m going out tonight, Friday and Saturday nights for dinner (long standing commitments) but am really going to try and keep things controlled and eat healthily. Great to be able to check in and see how you are all doing. Can’t believe there are so many people on here and from all over the planet too!

Day 1 UK NFD

I reached target after a nasty bout of flu, but have now decided to lose 5 lbs more which I am hoping to do this month.

Penguin, like you I would have preferred a less nasty way of losing!

Good luck all!!

DAY 1 – CARDIFF UK – NFD

@daffodil2010 that’s so much for hosting, and for already adding me to the spreadsheet, feels like I’ve received a special invitation.

I’ve set myself what I hope will be a fairly easy target this month having lost 11lbs in January. I usually fast 3 times a week, but taking my daughters out for food on Friday so may have to swop things around, but at 0.9lb away from a healthy BMI I need to keep focused.

This month I’m going to try to post more frequently. I’m finding it difficult to find the motivation to interact, but I’m planning on going back to work after Easter after a nearly 3 year break caring for my lovely husband who passed away at the end of November, so I’d better get over myself and get back out there.

Great to see such a wonderful mix of old names and newbies and hope to get to know more about everyone over the coming month.

Day 1- Leeds UK – NFFD– Newbie here.Thanks @daffodil2010 for starting this post for Feb 2018. Needed some motivation in life to be fit. Added myself in the sheet to update the progress. Good luck to everyone for achieving the goals and ofc good luck to me to not give up 🙂

Day 1 NFD
    I started 5:2 6 days ago at 86 kg.
    I have had 3 FD’s in that time and am down to 85.3 kg so thats good for me, as I don’t lose easily.
    I plan my next FD for Day 4 when I work. This is definately the best for me as I am busy, and it means I dont feel deprived on my days off. Finding I get nowhere near 2000 cals on NF days so that is a plus.
    My first fast day was simple, but the next 2 needed 3 small portions to get me through. Hope it gets easier to fast till dinner when I get a few weeks under my belt.
    As for goals, well 2 kgs would be great.
    Good luck to all fellow Febs. Look forward to reading about everyone’s journey.

Day 1, South Wales, FD

Thanks @daffodil2010 for hosting this month and for the story too.

I started 5:2 combining with med diet/low carb, in April 2017 (BMI:28). I’m 49, and the weight had just crept on over the last few years and I got a shock when I looked at holiday photos! I’ve lost 28lbs/13kg to date (BMI now 23.6). It’s been great – I feel lots better and I’m now 9lb away from my target weight.

But, my rate of weight loss has slowed dramatically, so February is my month for trying out a little exercise to kick-start the final push to maintenance!

First of Feb – a fine day for a fast – good luck all!!

Day 1, Belfast, FD

Thanks so much to @mjrbcd44 for hosting the January challenge. Even though I started late into the month, the support was great to get going again.

Hoping to get properly into the swing of things this month, upping the exercise and making better food choices.Thanks @daffodil2010 for hosting February’s challenge.

Just a bit about me: I started 5:2 about 5 years ago after reading Dr M’s book…I had good success but then I eased off this way of eating and the weight started creeping back on. Last April I was 12.5 stone and knew I had to get back on the 5:2 and found this forum. It’s been a great source of motivation and support. I was 11.5 stone just before Christmas…my aim for February is to get back to that weight, and start an awesome downward trend!

I had a bit of time so added some fellow fasters to today’s pocket list started by @ciren2

DAY 1, POCKET LIST** LET’S DO THIS!!****

*Feel free to add your name if you are fasting today*

@ciren2
    @maayyaa
    @daffodil2010
    @moppet
    @mari84
    @scotrodg
    @coda
    @bigviking
    @lynned
    @belfastsink

Good Luck everyone!!

Day 1……Florida…….CD

I’m starting the month at 129.4lbs, with a goal of being 125lbs.

@ciren…..nice to see you again.

So, I laid down in the road for a couple days last week but I’m back on the wagon after a good FD that I almost lost at the tail end.

About me a short little look…..

I’m almost 44 yrs, stand about 5’1”, I started in Oct. 2015, and I’ve been with this group since day one. I’ve lost about 40 lbs, I’ve been playing in maintenance for a couple months but have recently decide to try and get down to 125lb and go full maintenance. Almost there!

I faithful fast from 7pm until noon daily, when the dragon is in her cage, my fast days are Mon., Wed., and Fri. On Tues., Thurs., and Sat., I try to stay controlled and Sun., I use as a free fun day……..

Welcome all the newbies……you going love it here! I welcome you to read my journey, if you want a good laugh and just some extra encouragement.
    I’m lazy, I don’t exercise, I don’t drink enough water but I’ve done it…..so I know you can too……..

So…..I’m off another day as an adult!

I talk a lot of smack for someone who tips over when trying to put on their underwear!

Day 1, UK, FD

I’m not sure if I will be able to get through my FD today, I woke up with dodgy stomach 🤒 .

Welcome all newbies! Good to have you all here. Enjoy your ride with this fab, supportive, accepting group here 🤗
    I started this WOL just recently, last month was my first in the challenge here. I’m 50 yrs old, and I put on some weight last year, mostly due to health problems, which I’m now finding tough to lose. I don’t and can’t diet, so this is perfect for me as I believe that it will become long term change in eating habits and therefore weight 🙂

Adding myself to the list:

@ciren2
    @maayyaa
    @daffodil2010
    @moppet
    @mari84
    @scotrodg
    @coda
    @bigviking
    @lynned
    @belfastsink
    @shinything

Day 1- Colorado USA – FD

Highest weight = 158
    Jan. End/ Feb. start = 152.2

No trips planned for February, but starting next Monday we’ll be doing a kitchen & bath remodel in our home.
    I’m so looking forward to the end results! New kitchen! New bathroom!…… But losing access to healthy cooking at home in my own kitchen for 3-4 weeks has me a bit worried, for sure.
    I’ll still be able to plug in my Instant Pot any where, so February may be a month of homemade soups & loads of salads for me. Will be tougher for my “picky eater” OH. He’ll probably want to eat out quite a lot, I’ll have to be careful.

Now, onto my Goals:
    1) Ended January with a loss of 3.8 lbs. so my February goal will be in that ball park,… I’ll aim for 4 lbs banished this month.

2) Continue my cardio exercise, and now add in more strength training. Start with 2 days per week of weight lifting in February (hoping to increase that to 3 days come March.)

3) be a Sugar Slayer! 🐲⚔️🐉🗡. Banish that sugar dragon as before. Will keep my home as a safe harbor & bring zero junk across the threshold!

DAY 1, CORNWALL, UK, NFD

Hi everyone, I’ve been doing the 5:2 on and off for about a year but not really chipped in on the forums before and thought this might help with a bit of accountability. I’m 5″6, 38 yes old and not really overweight but have found the 5:2 really helpful in keeping on top of that slow creep as you get a bit older. I exercise about 4 times a week but love my food and love cooking and eat generally really healthily.

I’ve not got much to lose, just a few kilos, but annoyingly seem to be in this pattern the last week or losing half a kilo on a fast day only to put it back on the next… Even if I’ve been really careful. I guess it will come right in the end as it worked great for me last year.

Anyway, looking forward to the challenge 🙂

Day 1, London, UK, NFD.

So it’s my 1year anniversary as a member of these wonderful monthly challenges started by @coda way back when!!!

I started 5:2 November 1st 2016 and with holidays, binges, episodes of self-sabotage, vast quantities of red wine/ cake/ bread/ crisps & cheese I’ve still managed to eradicate 35lbs of fat!! I started out on this journey, as a gazelle, but now I’m officially a member of the tortoise club. Recently the bouncy-bouncy scales haven’t been playing fair, but I KNOW this WOL works so ……………….. Onward & Downward!! Where else have I got to go!!!!

Februarys’ aims
    1. Eradicate 4lbs (It’s my B’day month, so I need to be realistic AND kind to myself!!)
    2. Drink 2-3L water per day NO EXCUSES – I aim to slosh about as I walk!!!
    3. Keep up with the additional exercise

Welcome to the newbies, only support, wisdom and hugs on this forum!!

Welcome back @ciren2, the wagon ALWAYS has space for a few more!!!

@bert1802 – I think that’s the best one so far, although you’re still OUTSTANDING!!!!

I’m looking forward to getting to know the newbies and catching up with the ‘oldies!!!! Stay strong everyone, week one is a challenge then you’ll be looking forward to FDs ……………………….. No, honestly, you will!!!!

Day 1 – NFD – Melbourne, Australia
    Weight this morning: 70.3kg/154lbs/11 stone
    Aim for end of Feb: 67kg/147lbs/10 1/2 stone

Hi all,

I’m about to end a weight loss challenge I’ve been doing at my gym and have lost 6kg/13 pounds through diet and exercise. It ends on Sat so I want to do something I think I can actually maintain.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Day 1, Finland, FD

Welcome to February! I start the month at 98kg, -2kg in my 3 weeks of this WOL in January. Hoping for another 2kg this month, although it is my birthday month, and start a new job,,,,stress is a trigger to my eating so hopefully I can curtail it over this transition time.

I read on BBC the exercise article by Dr.M comparing 10,000 steps to 10min bursts of faster walking, and have decided to revise my goals for the month.
    1). 10min x 3/day of fast walking
    2). Drink 1,5L/day of water -> this is a challenge for me as i drink far too little water. But I am trying to limit my Pepsi Max intake after reading some nasty stuff about aspartame.
    3). More mindful NFD, especially over the weekend. If my first FD didn’t have to repair the weekend imagine the weightloss!

Well already have a slower start to the month, as after bragging about not getting sick last month due to my winter swimming, I am full of the flu. I was awake half the night worried was it influenza as i just looked after someone at work suspected of it, but no great fever has arrived, so hoping its just the regular flu. Head pounding, nose streaming and throat itching. But that means no outside walking for me today.

I add my name to the pocket list

@kerryn73
    @ciren2
    @maayyaa
    @daffodil2010
    @moppet
    @mari84
    @scotrodg
    @coda
    @bigviking
    @lynned
    @belfastsink
    @shinything

Good lunck everyone!

Day 1 Wales NFD

Hi friends old and new, I love the fresh feeling of a brand new month on this challenge.

I began 5:2 on 26 June 2017 at 159 lbs, this morning I weigh 137.6 lbs – bit of a blip in January and I gained 0.6 lb but I was derailed by the flu. I’m back in good health now so I’ve no excuses not to do better this month……even though I am another February baby, as is OH, so there will be dining out and wine to celebrate!!!

I got out of the habit of daily walking in January, so I aim to restore that this month. I’ve also got slack at drinking enough water during winter, so that is another goal for February. As I get close to my target weight the rate of loss has slowed – so I am going to reduce my FD allowance from 800 to 500 calories. I am setting a February goal of 1.5 lbs which will be challenging enough considering several celebratory dinners.

Good lunck for a fabulous February everyone!

please add me In @Daffodiland thank you for hosting.

New to 5:2 and looking to lose some pounds and create healthier eating habits.
    Today is Day 1 for me. I’m from Texas, United States.
    This months goal is to lose at least 4 pounds this month.Fasting on Mondays and Thursdays with 500 Calories intake. Non-fasting days eating healthy as much as I can.

hello February! In between day – I am aiming for 800 calories today

I love these challenges. I am unable to check my weight because my scale needs batteries. I will try to get that replaced this weekend so that I can get my starting weight.
    My goal is to maintain my current weight (whatever it is) through our move and exercise every day during the week.

@bert love your ending 🙂

Day 1 FD Stevensville Maryland USA Happy February. Really meant to add to the spreadsheet last night but life got in the way. Will try tonight to take measurements. This months goal is to lose a pound a week, fingers crossed. Keeping my fast days down to only water, green tea and bone broth.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

Hi, I’m joining as well and have just updated my stats! 🙂
    Thanks for hosting, Daffodil! xx

Day 1 Finland NFD

my kid is sick and I had to stay home from work – did some nice cooking, and week meal preps instead, next to reading 20 stories….
    68kg this morning, aiming at 66 by the end of the month, despite winter holidays.
    short word about me: started in august last year to experiment with fasting out of curiosity for the health benefits; love it for the increased energy, more time available, decreased consumption. I feel inspired by zero-waste, local, and minimalism. Nothing more minimalist than fasting right?

Day 1 NFD Nebraska, USA…YAY! I am looking forward to this challenge! Just started 5:2 on January 29 so still new to me but have already gone through 2 fasting days. I’m liking it so far. Looking forward to progressively working toward my goal of weighing 179 by the end of this month.

Day 1 Belfast NFD

I love the first day of a challenge. It’s such an optimistic day!
    A bit about myself. I’m a 63 year old retired primary school teacher with two grown up sons. I’m 5’6” and at my heaviest I was 174lbs. Now it’s 148 and to be honest, I would stop now except my waist is too big and as a health indicator the waist to height ratio is important. This journey has taken 22months so far, so I’m definitely a member of the tortoise 🐢 group, but that’s OK. It’s more likely to stay off! I am a regularly exerciser – swimming, walking and Pilates and after Dr M’s last night’s programme, I think I’ll start star jumping etc!

My goals for this month:
    Keep the sugar at bay
    Improve the quality of food on NFD’s

@bert lol!! The best yet!
    Great to see you back @ciren2
    @daffodil2010 – are you winning an award?

Welcome to all the newbies and the familiar faces. There is a wealth of experience on this forum, from those maintainers like @at and @bigviking to the slow and steady brigade.

Remember: This is a Way of Life, not a race. Even if you only lose half a pound a week, that’s still 26lbs in a year.
    Good luck one and all

Day 1, FD, Copenhagen, DK.

Day 1, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello all. First let me thank daffodil for being our gracious host this month. No need to put me on the spreadsheet but I will try to check in as often as I can.

January was a very successful post holiday month for me. I weighed 153.8 on 12/29, weighed 150.8 January 1st with a goal weight of 145 which I reached in about 12 days or so. Maintenance is so very easy for me on this eating plan.

My plan is to continue my three days a week of fasting, lots of water and green tea, exercise (loving my planks – I still cannot believe when I smooth my top or something and my stomach is flat.) I will fast M, Tu, Wed as that is the days I am in the office and it is so much easier there. Controlled eating (for the most part) on my NFDays.

Today’s weight is 143.8, below my goal weight which is good because today is “date day” with the hubby and we will eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant – tomorrow I am spending the day out with friends and we will eat, well, somewhere.

Have to check up on the posts, hope this finds everybody doing well. I want you all to be happy and healthy.

Day 1 NFD
    Las Vegas NV

Good morning everyone. I’m a 67 YO man 5’9″ and 161.4 Lbs. I fast for health reasons and really don’t care what the scale says any more. I’m concentrating on building muscle this month and I’ll be hitting the weights hard. I water fast on off days and eat about 25 % over TDEE on NFD’s if I’m working out.

My goals are to lose 2 lbs of fat and gain 2 lbs of muscle. I’m going to concentrate on eliminating foods I know are inflammatory for me, cow dairy, whole wheat, quinoa and soy.

Lower body weight workout this AM and then in the car for a six hour trip. I hope I’ll be able to move tonight!

Day 1 FD Oregon USA

Wow am I happy to see Day One!

Will post more fully later but wanted to add myself to the pocket.

@kerryn73
    @ciren2
    @maayyaa
    @daffodil2010
    @moppet
    @mari84
    @scotrodg
    @coda
    @bigviking
    @lynned
    @belfastsink
    @shinything
    @mjrbcd44

Welcome to all.

My writing this morning reminds me of a quote I love.

“Day One” or “One Day”–you decide!

I’m done waiting around for one day when I finally get around to living my life the way I want to. Choosing Day One today and every day! ❤️

OK. I’m in and rarin’ to go. Thanks for hosting @daffodil2010. I’ve filled out the spread sheet.

Day 1 – UK – FD

Spin class & weights at lunchtime. Hard work, but weirdly enjoyable. Must be those Endocannabinoids 🙂

Bon chance to all!

Day 1 – SW WA USA – FD

Hello February! Wow! Already 3 pages of posts – great reading to catch up on.

Thank you to @daffodil2010 for herding us this month!

I’m excited to begin this morning at 199.8 – below 200!

So far I’ve lost 45.2 lbs from my heaviest. I’m glad to have found this WOL and this supportive international forum.

My goal for February is to stay below 200 for the whole month. I’ll aim for 198 – .5 lb a month. This month includes a week in Peru so I’m trying to be realistic in the goal.

Welcome to all the new folks. This is a great place to be on your journey to weightloss and improvements in health.

Together we are stronger!

Day 1, Hampshire, UK – NFD

Mad day at work, its been non stop but managed to make it to my lunchtime straining session, we did 6km of VO2 max training – my apple watch says I burnt 450calories, I took that as a fact and had a piece of the bday cake which appeared in the office after lunch, felt guilty and didn’t eat any lunch – bad habits are hard to kick!!!

Happy with the scales this morning after yesterday’s FD so hopefully the trend continues. I also did my measurements yesterday for Jan and I’ve lost 1.5 inches off hips, 1 inch off waist and 1 inch off arms !!

Starting weight for the feb challenge = 72.8Kg
    Target by 23/02/2018 for NYC = 70 Kg

Bring on Feb!!!

can I have link for Feb spreadsheet please?

Day 1 USA Wisconsin FD

So happy to be back at the beginning of a fresh, new month. I’m a wife, mother, nana, retired nurse and YMCA silver sneaker fitness instructor and certified yoga instructor. I participated in the December and January challenges with good results, despite vacationing from mid-January til now.

I’m very thankful to be on this forum. I first learned about the Fast Diet a couple of years ago, read the book and have hovered around the forum at intervals ever since. Living in the USA, there have been few people around me who understood or supported the Fast Diet, so this forum has been a wonderful area of support, information and motivation.

I would like to lose a pound a week in February. That would bring me to within 6 pounds of my ultimate goal. We have a beach vacation planned in April and I would so love to be at my goal weight by then.

My plan today: complete a successful fast day; teach an Aqua Yoga class (accomplished) and bike 5 miles at the gym (accomplished).

Good luck to everyone today. I enjoy reading your posts and gain so much from each of them. A sincere thank you to everyone who posts and especially to @daffodil2010 for hosting this month.

Take care, Markie

Day 1, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Trying for a controlled day. Im 67.7 kilos this morning. I’d like to lose 4 more kilos to maintain.

Take care everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 1 – NFD – Ireland

Thank you Mjrbdc44 for hosting January and Daffodil2010 for adding my name to the spreadsheet for February!

I have hit and held my January target 168 lbs –A stone shed since mid-October with the challenge of Christmas in between. 😀😀 all thanks to this WOL and the support from everyone on this forum. I started the year at 178lbs so have shed 10lbs since January 1. I have been sugar free and on the dry (with one break last Saturday) which definitely helped my progress. I planned to plank… but failed… that will be a challenge for February.. i aim to stay sugar free and in the main I will stay off most alcohol except for a cheeky Guinness here and there at weekends.

I don’t post every day but I do check in as often as I can and learn a little every time…
    I’m very active but have realised as I get older that exercise alone will not shift weight. I am following this WOL for both weight management and health benefits.

Wishing you all a fabulously fasty February!

Day 1 USA – Illinois is home – NFD (CD)

How heartening it is to see so many familiar names on this board! This WOL works, is sustainable, and the camaraderie here makes the endeavor so worthwhile.

My real name is Gwynne, I’m a 69 yo retired school music teacher (vocal/choral/general) who keeps incredibly busy with various activities. I direct a townspeople choir, work P.R. for a fledgling children’s museum in our area, participate in Silver Sneakers and P.E.O. (They have just tapped me to be the next president… whew… said it’s not hard. Hope not!) I have a few private piano students and help single mom daughter in Utah quite often. I’m here now for a week. All together we have 5 granddaughters from ages 9-18.

I began 5:2 in March 2016 at 193#, 5’6″ (down from 5’8″ most of my life due to degenerative discs). I joined @coda for the May challenge and have been part of every one since then. I lost 43 pounds and have been maintaining at @160# since January 2017. The wonderful peeps here are the main reason I’ve kept the weight off. 6:1 has been working for me, keeping control days (CD) sometimes 16:8.

If you’re a newbie, just remember to work the program and you will be successful. Sometimes the jargon or abbreviations might stump you, but just ask. Someone will help.

@daffodil2010 -you’re so wonderful to be our hostess this month!

Onward and downward.

DAY1- NFD

I fasted yesterday, and it went great. Today was a bit tough, just like Monday. On FDs I don’t have sugar and the days after the fast, the craving is crazy!!! I’m sure it will get easier over time.

Scale was the same this morning after the FD: 149.2. But it’s that time of the month and I am feeling a little puffy. Don’t expect any changes on the scale until maybe next week? We’ll see!

So many positive vibes here, love it! <3

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 1,595 total)

You must be logged in to reply.