Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,003 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  leniloud 15 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,651 through 12,700 (of 35,490 total)

• Jean that sounds awful your daughter is quite right to keep him off school.

FD for me today wish me luck, anyone else? X

Morning All..

We have bits and pieces of rain today…bright at the moment…

We had a good FD yesterday, and I am still feeling not really up to much today. Still in my window of eating, I go as long as possible before my breakfast..

Audrey and Rowena..
    Hope you both feel a bit better this morning…

KT..
    You have got the weight moving again and back on track …4 lbs off well done with the good week before 😀 Hope your gut settles down..

Mrs O…
    Have a good FD shout if you want support…are you busy doing boot camp today..I think Tuesday is your day…

Jean x

Morning everyone 🙂

Jean, its horrible what your grandson went through. My son went through a similar thing at school, bullied because of his weight. It was a horrible time, and the school did not deal with the bullies in any way. I’m so glad your grandson is ok now. He sounds so much like my son! xx

Audrey, hope your soon feeling better. Food poisoning is nasty, take care of yourself xx hugs xx

Shera, hope your feeling better too and the antibiotics are working xxx

keeptrying, hope your FD went well yesterday 🙂 xx

Normal eating day for me, FD was really good yesterday, didn’t even think about food and didn’t eat until really late in the evening (really, I probably would have been better having nothing at all, but I chose to eat!)

Have a great day everyone xx

DF…
    Glad your FD went well…normal eating day for us but Steve is fancying me making one of my meat pies…I like to let him have one occasionally then it’s not so much a diet…lol

Few days to get the weight off to Friday …I am only counting calories on FD’s …trying to control portion sizes on my own..hard after 20 months of counting calories everyday …

Have a lovely day..

Jean x

thanks symba, and yes dragonfly, yesterday went well

am in fact a stone down from when I began 4 weeks ago – but then I weighed with clothes on so it would actually be less than that

funny how weighing with pj’s on, and then taking them off only results in 1/4lb difference, but then holding them seems to add 2 1/4
    go figure ???????????

KT…
    That’s really strange….a good stone off is very good you are definitely on a roll..

I usually take watch and glasses off…SW thing…then naked…not a pretty sight…lol

My scales only do the weight in pounds ..so I have a tin of peas 12 1/2 oz..then I know if I am on a lower pound weight or higher!….we all have our strange ways…..I get a bit narky as I am that 1 1/2 oz off into the next pound down a lot…😩

Shower and hair wash then into my eating window…getting ready for it this morning..

Jean x

lol. I also try to remember to brush my hair, cut nails, and breathe out!!!!

I still have so much to lose but feel more in control at the moment at least

You are doing really well…it’s maybe not had too time to linger…lol

X

Morning all

Weight is well down this morning but I am not surprised after yesterday….

My tummy still is pretty sore but I am persevering with 16.8 and Ian is joining me too which is good.

KT what a great weight loss congratulations..

Jean you will manage to maintain I am sure and you have our Hemmy for company… I can’t wait you join you both…

Back later love to all have a good day. Fast or non fast together we are stronger

Audrey xx

Audrey..
    How awful for you hope your tummy settles down…I would take it easy don’t do too much.

It’s nice Ian is joining you it does help a lot…Steve isnt at the moment…maybe he will…

I keep doing things and having a sit feel washed out with all this coughing..Steve’s much better now I am about 4 days behind him.

Relax a bit…

Jean x

Hi All – well you’ve been busy this weekend!

So glad the tooth is responding at last, Lynne – what a relief.

Audrey – you ‘sound’ pale and shakey after your bug, so take it easy.

Jean – share everyone’s indignation and fury over your grandson’s bullying – so glad he seems to have come through it alright, but horrible for everyone to be made to feel so powerless. I don’t know what terrifies me more, my wee boy being bullied, or discovering he’s grown into a bully.

Had a lovely weekend away, and I’m now thoroughly back into the swing of things. Had a low day yesterday, and trying to have a FD today…may settle for it being low, though. We’ll see. Meanwhile, the boy had a thoroughly muddy and wild time at Cub camp, hunting dragons and going on ‘quests’…they’d thought out the perfect theme for someone like him!

Have a good day, everyone.

Mx

Hi Minols…
    Glad your girlie weekend went well and for the boy hunting dragons that sounds like really good fun…..I used to like the guides when I was young….your hubby at home with peace and quiet…lol

Thanks for your kind wishes…it’s a hard olde life…like you say having a bully and you have the victim …they are both not nice. It’s hard as a mother to intervene at 13 or 14 years or older, as you then have a mummy’s boy and the bullying gets worse…they have to fight their own battles to a point….hard if they haven’t been brought up to fight…

It’s very sad here in our village a 15 year boy committed suicide a month ago because of school bulling..so very sad.

Jean x

Just laughing here…I have made my pasties for dinner looking at the size looks like I could do with a couple of visitors to join us…lol

Mis judged the size it’s years since I have made them…lol..lol…I think I will ask see if we could share one I know what his answer will be…he doesn’t share pasties..

Jean x

Hi all, Im back!

The camping was a nice break although typically the weather is much better now!

I dont think I did too much damage whilst I was away but I dont know for sure as didnt weigh myself before we left.

Way too many posts to catch up with so I’ll just have to catch up with things as we go forward. It seems like some of you are still doing 16:8, how are you finding it?

I got home from work about half an hour ago and had a few crackers with some brie and have a salad based dinner planned for later, so hopefully keep it nice and low.
    In 3 weeks time Im heading up north to see family and friends in Deeside/Chester and there is a bit of a reunion to mark the closure of the high school, so want to look my best!
    And I need to find something to wear….so I have a focus to hopefully keep me on track.

Hope everyone is ok, just noticed that a couple of you havent beem 100% 🙁

Catch up later x

Welcome home, Kay…nice to have you back.

Oh, and welcome to choccy, too – lost you between the pages!

Well, the boy begged to join the after school kick about, so here I sit, twiddling my thumbs – old enough to remember what it was like to do that for real…now I just mess around on the phone!

Swimming next and wondering if I can put off eating until after…

Mx

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

What a lovely sunny afternoon.

Well so disappointed .. it was Mums hair dressing appointment this morning. So decided on a lunch at a bigger garden centre… than our usual.

Both had lasagne salad and garlic bread. It was sooo big but not brilliant at all. Looks like it was geared up to quantity rather than quality.

Noticing other food being served in massive portions. First and last trip. Lol.

Anyway … only came away with 3 plants so not too bad. Lol.

KT… Well done girl you are going so well. 4lbs sounds like you have tweeked things to suit you. Xx

Mrs O Good luck with your no gin day. Lolol. Sorry I meant FD day. Lol Xx

Sym.. those pasties sound mighty tasty indeed. Hope you feel back to normal health soon. xx

DF… enjoy your eating day after yesterdays successful FD. Xx

Aud… ohh that’s sounds nasty. lovely Ian is doing 16.8 with you too. Make it easier for you. Xx

Minois … sounds like it was an enjoyable week-end for all. Ease yourself back into a good fast day today. Xx

Kay… something to focus on a goal in the next few weeks. You can do it Kay.

Today … Mum was walking behind me suddenly said… I cant get over how slim you are now. Hearing that was like winning the lottery … well nearly. Lolol. Good luck. Xx

well best get into my gardening gear. Lol.

Brit lovelies… No cosmetic for a woman’s face… is equivalent to happiness Xxx

Hi all

Feeling better now going to try something to eat later.. .

Ian doing ok on 16.8 but keeps looking at his watch lol 😂….

Hemmy lovely when mum noticed weight loss…

Welcome home Kay

Back later thanks for all the get well wishes.. .

Audrey x

Kay…
    Lovely to have you back and you have had a lovely few days…it sounded very different and fun..😀

Hemmy…
    A new garden centre…then didn’t come up to your usual standard…I like keeping the same then have a change and never hits the spot, a shame..

Have you a corner for your new plants…lol…what are you like…

Lovely mum noticed the weight…it gives you a boost…😀

Audrey…
    Glad your tums settled down …go steady on the food something light…

I am feeling crappy again a bad throat to go with the coughing..Steve’s much better.

Minols..
    Enjoy the swimming or is it texting..lol

Jean x

Hi.
    Hope you’re feeling better Audrey.
    I started off well. Not had any Painkillers since 8pm ladt night. Got up and showered. Felt ok. Thought I’d get myself ready to get back to work tomorrow. Settled down to do some work on laptop and after about half an hour I couldn’t do anymore. Foggy, brain just wouldn’t work, really tired and pathetic. Called doctors and made an appointment. Dentist receptionist suggested the other day calling to get a docs note whole these antibiotics are making me feel like this. Docs won’t do this without seeing me. I don’t think they will at all but we’ll see. May just have to go tomorrow and try to get through it. Goodness knows how ill coe- been flat out on sofa this pm.

Audrey and Shera hope you are feeling better
    Jean homemade pasties are you really intending to torture me on a FAST DAY TOO! I expect you on my doorstep tomorrow with two MASSIVE ones for my breakfast- I can’t remember the last time I had a pasty.
    Hemmy no gin day us about right. My class tomo is being renamed boozey boxing. There’s been a couple of birthdays so a few of the girls have suggest staying in the park for a picnic and pimms. It’s not me it’s the people I attract ……
    I am very good between parties though

Mrs O…
    It must be 40 years since I made pasties, when I was very skint..with tinned minced meat 😩

These were really lovely….. lovely beef, onions a few mushrooms and potato, that was cooked slowly yesterday rough puff pastry, much too too big..lol..we have cut a third off for lunch tomorrow …lots of black pepper to give them spice ( Lancashire pies) as a Yorkshire girl I was trying to copy, Steve said I was about right…lol

I hope you are drooling…lol…sorry a FD…

😂😂
    Jean x

And here was me thinking you are so lovely. My chicken sausages and poached eggs were so much nicer than a big meaty steaming crumbly buttery pasty ….

Ha ha ha…I was just thinking I was being mean….it was very nice…..I am not normally mean…sorry 😘

Your poached eggs and sausage sound very nice…

Xx

Hi Girls…

Just had a bit of toast and marmite plus nectarine. Have to say it was tastier than our lunch today. lol.

Kristy just mailed .. such a shame put back on the 2 1/2 lbs back on at the week-end. Off swimming this evening. ..

Aud hope you can enjoy a meal this evening. Xx

Sym .. your pasties do sound wonderful .. haven’t had one for years. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Xx

Shera … you have been through the wars with your mouth. Hope you feel better soon. Miserable having to work when not up to the mark. Xx

Mrs O… bet you are the life and soul of the party … good fun attracting like minded peeps. Good for you. Xx

Have a good evening all. Xx

Jean you will be absolved on receipt of my pasties!
    Hemmy I love a party after half a shandy I love everyone -sometimes that even includes Mr O if he has behaved himself!

My mum makes delicious pasties……mmm pasties…..

Going bed now in my 16 hour fast… trying to forget food…

Back tomorrow

Audrey x

Symba7. He has that right. You don’t share pasties – its a bloke thing. Alternatively it could be that your pasties are so good that no-one would share them, in which case please forward recipe – I may be male, but I cook.

Oh dear I have started something…

We have a 4 ” triangle each for lunch tomorrow….kitchen then shut for another month..we are not really allowed them..it keeps the boy happy..

5 hours into my 16 hour window Aud trying hard …

Night night everyone..

Jean x

Penguin…blokes cook?? Mine used too he has handed the reins over to me now we are retired…lol

X

A bit of meanie comments going on tonight :-O

Fancy talking about pies and pasties in front of people fasting! Lol

And a closed kitchen for a month?? Really? That will help with weight loss I guess!

Well apart from a splash of milk in mid morning coffee (which I dont normally have, but was half thinking of fasting today), I didnt eat until 2.30pm and I was all done by 7.30pm. However, my glass of wine didnt get finished until 10pm, so that meant my eating window lasted 7.5 hours, so just made it!
    Fasting begun and nothing now until after work tomorrow afternoon. I finish at 2pm thats easy and that will be my 16hr fast. I want to push it to 18:6 when Im working as I can easily fast until about 3pm, so need to zip up my mouth from 9pm onwards…lol

Isnt this weather glorious? Having to keep up with the basket and vegetable watering though!

Ive just been reading stuff on the 16:8 Hmmmmm, it needs to be done along with calorie restriction obviously, but then there is a danger it just becomes a low cal diet….

Kay
    I have just done a whole week of 18:6
    I didn’t count any calories or weigh anything
    although yes I ate less because only 2 meals but was less hungry
    ate low carb higher fat
    it was very doable

Knife fork plate at the ready just need pasty jean. You know how much I love my post FD breakfast …hang in was that door ..

Hi All…

Beautiful here….

You can all have the last laugh I am up a pound…lol…the triangle what’s left will be in the bin or freezer for Steve to have…

So sad this building in London…Steve said at 6.30 this morning, this is to do with the cladding the outside is burning….we have now been told on tv it was all revamped last year…someone has cut corners by the look of it..

Kay..
    Kitchen only shut for pasties, very nice but a bad idea…I need to keep Steve under control better…lol

I really need to pull back….

Your holiday looked very interesting loved the night time bonfire…was you singing songs? I really loved my guide camps…

16.8… it says eat normally till full, but healthy not going over the top…you can have what you like in small portions.

Mrs O..
    Enjoy your picnic party today it sounds lovely…don’t forget the sun cream..

KT..
    Well done on your first full week….I am trying for a couple or three weeks and make a decision…

Rowena, Audrey..
    Hope you are both feeling better today…I am still coughing good.😟

Hemmy..
    Have a lovely garden day sitting or working or a bit of both..

Sarah..
    Are you popping by…you are away this weekend I think…have a lovely time…you may be already away..🌞

Away to the hygienist at 9.30… hoping my teeth are a lot better gums really not good last time..😩..Don’t know why……a different attack this last three months..has it paid off?…🤞

Speak later…definetly a outside garden day, a grass cut, a nice walk maybe..

Have a lovely day…

Jean x

Hi everyone!

Just popping in today after having a read through everything. Sounds like 16:8 is going down really well! Ever since I found that breakfast wasn’t as important as I’d been led to believe I do sometimes just skip if I don’t fancy it. I might try and get more in the swing of it.
    Rowena – I am so sorry about your tooth! You have really been in the wars recently.
    Jean – great news about your grandson getting a job and beginning to work out too! Sounds like a really positive lifestyle change.

Two more days left for me in Prague and I am absolutely loving it. It is such a beautiful city. The food is absolutely incredible and more importantly, sooo affordable, I am loving the pork knee, the fried duck, rich goulashes and dumplings, the 1€ pints of beer… all very indulgent but my pedometer has us at walking over 8 miles a day, I like to think this balances out haha.

Hope you’re all well x

thanks for all the positive comments
    really needing them today
    my punishment for ultimately being a bad person
    tummy pain/bloating began Sunday – I should have stopped then
    but no
    and now feeling so uncomfortable even on waking before eating
    it is my punishment for being a smug ***** and daring to think I could have found something that works
    the need to binge my face off is increasing, although physically I couldn’t as even meals are making me feel sick
    stupid stupid stupid kt
    better off staying fat

sorry for that outpouring but my head is getting the better of me

hoping the rest of you are all beginning to feel better from your REAL ills
    take good care
    xx

Morning all

Tummy a little better, going to risk going out to the local garden centre, it has a lot of little gardens in there so we are taking a picnic not sure how much I will eat! 😵😵…

Have a good day all, KT hope you feel better soon, Jean good luck at dentist I hate them…

Mrs O good job the pasty didn’t arrive 1lb up for Jean…makes you think perhaps not worth it?

Kay and Co enjoy your day, sorry if I gave missed anyone

Got to dash want to buy a yellow rose in remembrance of my dad..

Aud x

Hi All…

Back from the dentist..oh it does hurt she said it was worse because I was unwell…teeth improved from last time but she will know better when I am well…

I feel very off today thought I was improving so not doing much….the house wants a good clean not done anything since getting back off holiday…

Ellie…
    Lovely to hear from you so glad you are having a lovely time…hope things are good and sorted out with your boyfriend……Steve keeps promising me Prague but not up to now…enjoy the rest of your holiday….

KT…
    Still having tummy trouble…look after yourself…

Audrey…
    Taking a picnic to the garden centre not heard of that one…..its a lovely idea…..buying plants like Hemmy..lol

Jean x

Good afternoon FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Another wonderful day.. hopefully a run of them now.

Sym.. I was a lb down this morning so you must have it. Lol… Think I would go for the extra lb and enjoy one of those lovely pasties. Lol..

Have a good rest.. not doing a bit of painting or in the kitchen…round the shops. More like a sitting in the garden reading day. Xx

KT Hope you feel better soon. Xx

DF How is your world today Xx

Aud .. hope the picnic goes well.Better taking your own food. Xx

Ende .. lovely to hear from you .. enjoy the last two days. Xx

Kay… just eating two decent meals on 16.8… plus my cider. All finished by 9pm. Not counting cals at all. Xx

Mrs O hope you are enjoying your day. Xx

Shera and Minois .. hope things are going well for you . Xx

Missing Sarah. Xx

Brit lovelies …Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.Xx 

Hi. Made another apt at docs just about to go. This is day 7 including weekend so unless they sign me off for a few days I’ll have to go to work tomorrow. Reason I made apt is there is no way I can go to work like this. No pain now just foggy confusion. Whole body fatigued.

Hi 🙂

Shera, I really feel for you. Hope you get some more time to get well before work beckons. Hugs xx

Hemmy, happy Wednesday 🙂 Hope your ok today. I’m plodding on through the work day … way too nice to be inside today! xx

Jean, sorry your not feeling 100% .. hope you feel better soon. Well done on enduring the dentist when your not feeling well too, I don’t know if I could have done that! xx

Kay, bet camping was fun 🙂 I love it! Welcome back xx

Keeptrying, sending big hugs to you. Its good to get the thoughts out there. Hope the bloating eases soon, drink plenty of water! xx

Audrey, glad your feeling a bit better. Lovely day for a picnic, enjoy! xx

Ellie, hope your enjoying your trip. The walking will definitely balance things out 😉 xx

Minols, hope your doing ok 🙂 hugs xx

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone, so many posts!

Half way through the week .. work has gone worryingly quiet, suffice to say the days are dragging. I’d lost another 1lb this morning so the 4lb holiday gain has done one, putting me back to where I was. Now to push on again …

Enjoy the lovely weather those lucky enough to be able to get outside 🙂 I hope it stays like this till I get home later 🙂

Take care xx

Hi. Had a more useful Dr than last night. She checked me over and agreed what I’m feeling is effects of the drugs I’m on. She signed me off work til Monday. I’ve emailed work with a photo of the note and posted it to them. I’ve sent in cover work and let those that need to know. Back in bed now. Got one day of meds left. They have definitely worked as my mouth is almost totally back to normal. Really looking forward to feeling good again.

Rowena…
    Rest up…glad your tooth has calmed down…tooth ache is so bloody painful…..good you got a sympathetic doctor..

I feel like a washed out weekend..thought I was improving…laid on settee all day..😩

Jean x

Thanks Jean. Hope you start to feel better soon too.

Almost weekend 🙂 I’m off work tomorrow to have a day with my son .. I’m going to see his new house, it will be lovely to see him, and being a Friday makes for a wonderful long weekend too 🙂

Jean, Shera hope today finds you both feeling better. Its been rough for you both health wise lately, hope you are on the mend soon xx

FD for me, and feeling good about it. I actually enjoy the calm that it brings my mind, its one less thing to over-think anyway … one small meal later, and that’s me done.

Keep thinking of the horrible fire in London and those poor people 🙁 With all the other stuff going on in the world, this is just heart-breaking, so many missing still.

Makes you feel grateful to be here really.

Have a lovely day everyone, who else is fasting today?

xx

Morning all

Had a lovely day yesterday, picnic lunch in a beautiful garden didn’t get a rose bush bit did get a reduced poppy!

Fast day for me also DF… my tummy is a little better but still not quite right..

Hope everybody is OK and looking forward to the weekend

Back later

Audrey x

Morning All..
    A lovely day here again….washer on again…lol…freshen up things for when my daughter arrives with grand children…

She starts her journey on Tuesday Houston to Dubai a catch up with friends and arrives in Manchester Sunday….it’s come around quick….getting excited…

FD for us today…lamb chops and a garlic Italian salad this evening…

Waiting for my window to eat…then off shopping and out and about, we like to on a FD to kill our feeding time…my black bird is feeding babies again so need to top up the bird food…running low.

Rowena..
    Thinking of you hoping you are better than me…lol….a competition ! Not a nice one!

Audrey..
    The garden centre looked lovely…I think it’s a real good idea to take a pack up and enjoy the atmosphere…hope you got your rose …I don’t think we have anything like that around where I live.

Clare…
    Have a lovely day with your son, looking at his new house and a lovely weekend….it’s strange I thought of him as been young boy and he’s a man!….and you very young?? ….lol

Mrs O…
    Hoping the picnic went well or is it later….and a glass of bubbly..lol

Hemmy..
    I didn’t get in the garden yesterday..laid on settee most of the day….may join you in a read outside..

Kay…
    Are you coming around from your weekend..how is dear Ellie?…

KT…
    Hope your bloating has settled down and you feel better

All enjoy this lovely weather….

Anyone else joining us today fasting…a few missing on holiday…Ellie will soon be back, Sarah hoping she is feeling more relaxed…

Jean x

Good morning F B Brits.. hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A beautiful day again… white jeans getting quite an airing. lol Glad I have 2 pairs.

So pleased peeps seem to be on the mend. Not a nice feeling under par especially in this lovely weather we wait all the year for.

Hope all fasters have a good day… Xx

I am off walking now then shopping for lots of tasty cheeses .. salad bits and soft fruit. I could live on a plate of that mixed every day. Lol

Seem to be staying the same or losing a few ozs per day on 8 hr window. Well pleased … now with 5-2 there also hopefully never go back down that road again.

Have a wonderful day all.

Brit lovelies…The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else. Xx

Jean, its funny the image we get of our online friends. My son is 24 and I’m 46 lol!!! I wish he was still small though 🙂 xx

Hemmy, I LOVE the quote today, I can relate to that so much! Have a lovely day xx

Audrey, lets smash this FD xx

xxx

DF…
    Strange isn’t it…you are the same as my eldest daughter…lol

Hemmy…
    Get those white jeans aired..lol…lovely you are maintaining..😀

Jean x

Boosey boxing was great fun last night pimms gin and cake! So it’s a no gin (FD) for me today. Life should be calmer and less alcoholic and naughty for a few weeks now. I don’t normally fast on a day off but am busy need to plant some flowers fir front garden, go shopping as have vouchers for M&S and have rehearsal so might as well fast. Tomo working and have book club in evening I will drive but we have nice nibbles.

One of my ladies is a consultant at the royal free and spent yesterday treating burn victims from the fire she said it was horrendous. Her specialism is palliative care so she helps people die every day so if she was effected. At least I could give her an outlet and a nice evening.

Anyway glad everyone is feeling better enjoy every minute
    Hemjy loving your quotes xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 12,651 through 12,700 (of 35,490 total)

You must be logged in to reply.