Fab Feb Fasting

This topic contains 425 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 437 total)

• Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. And I’m running late. Ta for now!

Day 18 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good afternoon everyone!

Late on parade today, with good reason, holiday planning and booking 😉

Good start before that though, weigh in day, back to my pre cruise weight already, so back in my comfort zone of my 5/2 WOL ie Mon Thurs FD’s then sensible 4 days and 1 day for ‘treats’ … although treats day tends to be nowhere near as bad as when the Inner Warthog was in residence!

Great thing about being retired and a diary that WE rule is we’re pretty flexible, so the rest of the year has our usual 2 x 1 weeks walking holidays in Scotland booked. 2 cottages in areas we’ve not been to in the UK plus a cruise round the Greek Islands.
    We decided some time ago, retirement is not for sitting on your backside and the ‘kids’ love the fact we’re off enjoying life!
    Still have plenty of time to visit the aforementioned kids, plus the garden to enjoy and relax in with bbq and friends calling by.
    Time for ourselves, walking and days out for me fishing while Mrs Ihl is with her friends having her days out. Beats the heck out of working, but had to do that bit to get here!

Hope everyone OK and the current storms not causing too many problems.

Take care all.

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Tonight, DH and I go out to the restaurant we’d planned to enjoy on Valentine’s Day. I actually think it will be easier to consume reasonable calories there than at home, because I have a nasty habit–and it is a habit–of nibbling and sipping while I cook, and then eating what I’ve cooked, and the calories add up fast that way.

I took the time yesterday to figure out my target weights according to BMI at this new lower height, and was very astonished that while 25 BMI is true for 145lbs when 5’4″, now that I’ve lost two inches, a 25 BMI doesn’t kick in until 136lbs. WOW, but that feels like a huge difference. It also explains why, when I’ve dropped into the 130s (just the 137/138 that I hit around Christmas), I FEEL thin. A BMI of 23 is 126lbs, and that’s the BMI I’ve had in mind to reach…but 126lbs feels way lower than I care about, probably because I still think of weight numbers as if I’m my original 5’4″.

And somehow, I think I’ve perhaps regained my strong RESOLVE from last fall. We have more “life” to challenge it as DH and I leave Sunday after church for five days in Colorado to meet new baby granddaughter. A WF seems impossible to me as I think about it, so I’ll ponder whether I can actually pull it off or not. If not, I’ll need to come up with some plan to drop calories so I don’t undo the good work I’ve achieved this week.

@daffodil2010 So sad you had storm/branch trauma yesterday, and very glad you weren’t hurt and it wasn’t terribly serious, but I’m SURE you were shook up; that adrenalin must have been at massive levels!

@jaifaim I too have been noticing @at‘s radio silence. I imagine she’s just been absorbed in life, and hope that’s all it is.

@at And there’s your post! Glad to hear from you.

Okay, for all you Wordle people, I’m beginning to think that we don’t all of us have the same word every day. My word today, February 18, began with D…everyone else?

@i-hate-lettuce I love your description of your life now, and the trips you have planned; it all sounds glorious!

Okay, off to conquer my list; have a grand one, everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland – NFD

Well I bobbed down to 157.4 (new low) today but weekend is coming 🤗 so like @brightonbelle and others I won’t count my chickens… 🐥 just yet.

@daffodil2010 I do hope you and everyone here stays safe today… the storm has not been so bad here but just got news of friend’s garage roof down south blowing off and just heard on the news that a man has died clearing trees in wicklow – so very sad 😢. I got out for a walk first thing and it was beautifully calm.

I haven’t done today’s Wordle yet so must try that now and then get back to work 👍 I guessed the SH*** word in 3 though… lucky guess… 🍀

@flourbaby it’s so interesting! we have the same question on a loop sometimes and as Dad died so recently mum sometimes thinks he’s left (sometimes with us 😢) but once we explain it’s like you said… it’s as if the knowledge is there but she’s just forgotten and not trusting her memory and yes the phrasing is such that we think deep down she knows… often she will say “where is everyone” rather than “where’s your Dad?”
    I have had some truly precious moments with mum recently and count myself as blessed to still have her here. Thinking of those here who are missing their mothers 💕. @at so good to see you back 🤗

Ok… weather has changed again! Big hailstorm! 🧊

Have a lovely Friday everybody.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 18 – UK – NFD

A bit late on today’s check in! I’m reporting from the midst of storm Eunice! It’s been going wild around these parts for a few hours now. Annoyingly, hormones got the better of me yesterday and I didn’t manage a FD800 – today is much the same so I’m marking these 2 days down as NFDs. I came in under TDEE yesterday and I will again today, but it won’t be as low as 800cals. Have managed TRE both days.

Today I broke my fast with some chocolate porridge: jumbo oats, skimmed milk, cocoa powder, 1tsp vanilla & 1tsp of honey with a dollop (official measure!) of greek yoghurt and some raspberries, then I had a mega craving for some oily fish so have just cobbled together a lunch of sardines, spring onion, spinach, cucumber and roasted pepper. Tonight I’m cooking the Beef Rendang recipe from the F800 recipe book. I need the nutrition today – sometimes you’ve just got to give your body what it’s calling for and these are all good things.

Next week is DH’s birthday and all the plans are coming together. Naturally, so many things revolve around food / meals with loved ones and friends have told me they’re getting food presents. I’ve not had it in my heart to tell them they may not get eaten! It’s very tricky. I’m sure we’ll find a good home for them if he doesn’t fancy them.

I must dash back off again, I’ll be catching up with posts later!

Have a good day all – stay safe if you’re in the UK 🙂

second post

@babs_b Share details on your “cobbled together lunch of sardines, spring onion, spinach, cucumber and roasted pepper,” would you? That really intrigues me!

Day 18, London, UK, NFD,

@penz, I’m with you on the Wordle frustration, I too had four opportunities to get the 4th letter, did I get it?? …………………………….. Did I heck!!!!😡😡😡 I’ve never NOT got the word, so I’m NOT BEST PLEASED!!!!! Can you tell!!😁😁

Anyway, onto fasting, yesterday went well, I only over indulged with a babybel & 2 slices of prosciutto, so no biscuits, toast or wine!!! Not quite halo polishing behaviour, but I’m banking it as a FD 800🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

@stitchincarol, yes same word today, I got it in four, but yesterdays stinker is STILL rankling!!!! I know, I know “Let it go, let it go” 🎵
    Just a thought,for everyone, maybe we should wait 24hrs before mentioning any Wordle spoilers(?) I’m an early ‘Wordler’ but others may leave it for a pre-bedtime treat☺☺

@jaifaim, precious memories💕💕 Sometimes I think my mum’s being sneaky or hoping🙏🏽 for a different answer when she asks “Where’s you dad”, then 2 minutes after we answer she asks “Where’s Tony”🤣🤣🤣

Keep the faith folks!!!

I’m with Walt for the foreseeable future ………………………………………

“The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

Good to see everyone safe after the storm.. that was huge! Re the WORDLE .. that pandemic came to Oz as well! Earlier in the week, you may not believe this, but I was devastated that I managed in 2! The word (won’t say) but started with RO…. Well I fluked it (inadvertently) in 2! But then it was like an anti-climax because I didn’t have the pleasure of struggling with it during my lunch break! ARGGHHH! So careful what you wish for! So, because you only get one word per day, I found two more similar puzzles to work with every day: GLOBLE and WORLDLE. So I’ll be improving my geography ready for my weekly ladies night out at Trivia!
    Enough of that…. the real news is (and the scales don’t lie, do they????) I’ve dropped .8kg (=1.7lbs) this morning (Saturday) and that will keep me happily resolved from falling off the wagon over the weekend! Yayy! Love those great bit juicy Portobello Mushrooms and broccoli. The sun is shining, happy days!

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I finally cracked yesterday’s puzzle! Just, on the 6th attempt, & the only time I used the letter ‘D’. And yes, @stitchincarol, it did start with the letter ‘D’. I guess there are multiple/copycat versions of it now? I got today’s at the 5th attempt 🤐

Happy Birthday to me! I turn 60 today. Feels weird just writing that. I was still trying to get my head around turning 50, & …whoosh! Another decade gone. A couple of friends came down from East London yesterday. So it was pizza last night, & later today we’re off to the Elephant Walk restaurant for lunch https://www.elephantwalkportelizabeth.co.za/

Have a good weekend everyone ⛅️ 🌈

Day 19 – Ireland – NFD

Happy happy BIG birthday @funshipfreddie 🎈
    You don’t look a day over 50 😂… ok … you don’t sound it 🤗
    I hope you have a fabulous time celebrating 🥳

Great going @linda.b ⬇️. You are on a roll 👏

My sleep was dreadful last night but it’s ok … it’s never as much of an issue on the weekend. And the weather is due to be pretty rubbish so I won’t be exerting myself outside too much…

Stay well everybody 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️

Happy birthday @funshipfreddie! Hope you have a great day. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Day 19 UK NFD

Happy Birthday @funshipfreddie – I’m the same was still getting used to having to say “late” 50s then wham 60! But apparently 60 is the new 40 – Have a great day 🎉🎉

Weather seems to have quietened down , off for a walk soon

Have a good one all

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – Yup, life is definitely for living !

@funshipfreddie – Happy birthday buddy, don’t even think about the numbers, enjoy yourself 😉

Great night out with friends and neighbours in the village hall last night, hot pot, plus live folk duo, brilliant!
    Righty, off for a walk before the rain appears.

Take care all.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD

Another NFD and praying, hoping, wishing & begging it to be controlled!!! That works doesn’t it?😂😂

@funshipfreddie, you sound like a couple of mates jumped on the number 47 from Romford to visit you for the special day!!! 🤣🤣
    Happy Birthday!!!🥳🥳 Have a fantastic day & please, please have a 🍷🍷 (or 4) for me.
    Remember ……………..
    …………….“Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” Joan Collins
    ……………..quite right Joan!!!

The sky has just turned a lovely shade of grey and the hedge is trying to kiss the ground, I guess storm Eunice isn’t quite finished with us yet!!!!

Stay strong over the weekend folks!!!

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD or even FD800

What a LOVELY dinner we had last night. We got there 45 minutes early so we could enjoy the fireplace in the bar, and sat on the hearth with our drinks in hand, heat on our backs, watching the hustle and bustle around us. I told DH that the whole experience was soothing to my soul, and he agreed, noting it’s been quite a while since we’ve done that. Our dinner (we both had filets, me with blue cheese and mushroom sauce) was excellent. All in all, a lovely Valentine’s Day experience, even if five days late!

Today, I’m cooking up what’s left in my fridge, as we’re headed to Colorado tomorrow. So I’m going to do the microwaved-with-balsamic portabella that someone mentioned (who was that?? do speak up and claim your glory* 🥳) for lunch, then salmon with a veggie, both recipes from Jason Fung’s The Obesity Code Cookbook; I picked that up at Sam’s (a big-box warehouse store) last week and the recipes look lovely. *And I just saw it was @linda_b; thanks, Linda, and big congratulations on your drop!

And I suddenly realized the answer on how to WF while gone to Colorado: I’ll do it on the days we drive there and then home again. Duh. DH is entirely good with that, and may–MAY–even do it with me. So that feels good to have that figured out.

@funshipfreddie Happy, happy birthday!! 🥳🎊🎉🎶🎂 Have a grand time with your friends at that AMAZING place! And the prices!!! From my perspective in Nebraska, where our prices are significantly lower than where my sister lives in California, the prices at that restaurant are probably HALF of what we’d pay, or even better. Wowza. Perhaps DH and I want to put SA on our bucket list; once we get there, it would be very affordable to eat! 🤑

It’s been fascinating to hear all the chatter about Storm Eunice. Having grown up in the Pacific Northwest, I LOVE a huge storm like you’ve all described, but also know how dangerous they can be, so I’m sure glad you all escaped more or less unscathed ( @daffodil2010 being the exception with her car).

Okay, enough chatter. Have a grand one, and I’ll check in again when I can, but it may be very sporadic: I’ll have a new baby to hold and cuddle, a 2-year-old to hold, cuddle, and play with, and STUFF to pack up for DD’s and SIL’s move from Colorado to Indiana, plus meals to make. Fun times!

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Whew, glad this week is over. Weigh-in: 215 lbs, almost 214. Probably the lowest weigh-in on Saturday so far in 2022. But I have shown blatant disregard for basic Fung principles on NFDs. Drinking sugars, snacking, eating tons of carbs, stuffing myself on some days, limited fiber and vinegar, etc., etc. Enough of that!

Hope you all have a great weekend. Planning on a WFD tomorrow.

USA. Day 19. FD

I went off the rails yesterday on purpose because I went into an unplanned ketosis. All week I felt terrible and very tired without knowing why. Finally, I thought I was eating too much protein, so I needed to change it up. Then I found out I was in ketosis. I aim trying to do a simple low calorie diet. My sister lost 43 lbs. on the keto diet so she was thrilled but I think I will go back to my regular low calorie diet and continue to see how that goes.

Happy Birthday @funshipfreddie! 🎂

Adding myself to the pocket list: (Oh, there is not pocket list today! LOL )
    @ccco

Have a great weekend, everyone. Enjoy yourselves! 🌈

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Thanks so much to everyone for the warm birthday wishes!

@flourbaby – not THAT East London! 😅 There’s a city about 300 kms north-east of Port Elizabeth called East London, but I doubt you’ll hear any cockney accents there.

@stitchincarol – restaurant prices are very reasonable when you convert the Rand prices to $ & £. I saw a place offering a full breakfast for R30 the other day; which is about US$2, I think?

Back to Durban & reality today. And to the pocket list tomorrow…

Day 20 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Not a very pleasant morning, these gales are rolling in one after the other at the moment. We’re quite fortunate, we’re in a reasonably sheltered location and not exposed to the full force.
    Must be very uncomfortable and unsettling for others, no idea what time it was, but during the night I sort of woke up, heard the wind and the rain battering our bedroom window, rolled over and straight back to sleep. Mrs IHL told me this morning it was horrendous, it kept her awake a while.

Yesterday it was pretty much the same, we eventually got out for a walk around 2pm, by that time it was still, no wind and blue skies. There were a number of folk out for a wander, seemed like half the village was grabbing the chance!

Making and baking this morning and a catch-up this afternoon with friends calling round.

Take care everyone

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Whew, it was a rough week of mysterious weight gain. It was most definitely water that made the weight jump by nearly 7 lbs in a single day back nine days or so, and a lot of that water held on tightly most of the week. My disregard on NFDs towards eating the right things at the right times also didn’t help.

However, my weight is in the low to mid 217 range this morning. Even on my best weeks this month, I’ve never weighed less than 216 on a Sunday, so I think I have successfully reset after last week’s revolt. Only about a week left in this short month!

I’ll do two WFDs in a row to start off this week. It’s become habitual and ironically seems to get me mental clarity and energy at the start of the workweek. It also makes my 3rd WFD of the week, whether Wednesday or Thursday, extremely easy.

@funshipfreddie I hope you had a great birthday! A $2 full breakfast sounds very reasonable (and tempting)!

Pocket list – day 20
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 20. FD

Joining FunShipFreddie on the pocket list today!

Pocket list – day 20
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Yesterday and most of the weekend I spent trying to get out of Ketosis! Boy, did I feel sick! I wasn’t trying to eat Keto. I had gotten sick and tired of what I have been eating and lapsed into eating primarily protein and low carb veggies. I always cook with olive oil, so I had that, too! My cooking is so simplistic that I assure you, you would not want to come to my house for dinner! LOL. In any case, I spent the week with incredible fatigue (I slept 17 hours one night), off and on again headaches, and when I ate two of my grandson’s little Teddy Grahams, I felt so nauseous! :). I had to do something! I couldn’t live like that! I spent the weekend eating everything odd thing conceivable, once I knew what I had done, and I think I am okay now. All I want to do is learn to eat healthy meals in small servings , so I will prepared for the future. My sister did lose 43 lbs. on Keto, along with bringing her cholesterol level and blood pressure down. She also was pre-diabetic but isn’t any more, so I know it works but it isn’t on my agenda.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! 😊

Day 20 – 16:8 CD
    Yesterday report
    – [x] 16:8 CD
    – [x] Cardio
    – [x] Weights

I’m well here but still crazy busy. DH best friend has had a family emergency and since we are in the same city and his friend lives many hours south, we are helping and time is short on my end. Been doing well in eating and cardio, but not as well in getting weights in. Weighed at 141.6 this morning so that continues its slow movement downward.

Been thinking of all and hope you well!

USA. Day 20. FD

Oops! that is @northgeorgia on the pocket list! LOL

Day 21, FD, Aus

I had the same thought @flourbaby that I should hold off on any Wordle comments for at least 24 hours, noting particularly that I’m often the first poster each new day and many people may still be in my previous Wordle’s time zone! Ok, no Wordle reveals in this post.

Terrible storm in the UK – hope everyone got through it ok.

Have a good Monday everyone and a good FD for those joining me today.

Good morning all, it’s Monday morn here in Oz! Blue skies and hot (30c) but, as it has every day for the past month, turn into showers and storms this afternoon.
    I have a couple of questions and am exposing my ignorance.

Can someone explain to me what a ‘pocket list’is? It’s not on the ABBREVIATION LIST and I’m just not quite sure……

Question two: We only have another week of FAB FEB FASTING and then it’ll be mad March (!) but I am committed to much longer than that. Will our group continue past February?

Just asking.
    cheers from downunder. Linda

PS: The time stamp on the left is different and it might look confusing given my previous text but I can assure you it is actually 9.37 am Monday 21 Feb 2022 here. And, hey, Australia opened the borders today, hooray! cheers Linda

@linda.b – the “pocket list” goes way back to probably 2017 when any group doing fasts (actually began as B2B FD’s) would ask that they be put on a list for your pocket to think of, pray for, support, etc.

Ta for the explanation. B2B FDs are a bit beyond me! I take my hat off to those who can do that.
    cheers @linda.b

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh in: 165.8
    Super pleased with that considering the week that has just gone with visitors, dinner out, vats of wine, ice cream, peanuts…..it means I start this week at my Friday weight, and today being an FD I will plough on.

There are only 7 days left of this month….will I get down to the lower 160!s by next week? Nothing to distract me now, so that’s my plan.

Yet another storm is blowing now, Storm Frederick, that’s three now in a week. It’s heading over to you guys now in the UK, take care.

Happy belated 60th @funshipfreddie, hope you had a great one 🍾

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010

P

2nd post

It’s Storm Franklin! I guess I was thinking of @funshipfreddie with the Storm Frederick 😄

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@linda.b – the monthly challenges have been going on since May 2016, so I’m sure they’ll continue beyond February; so long as people want to take part.The time shown when you post is the current time in the UK, cos it’s a UK site, I guess? Australia open at last, woo-hoo! 🇦🇺

@daffodil2010 – fun-storm freddie 😅

my first FD in a while; not looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow 😳

Pocket List – Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 21 – Lake district UK _ FD

Good morning everyone

Sleepy this morning! Last nights storm kept interrupting the power supply, the power only off for a short time on each occasion. But the first one was at 3am followed by 2 more before 5am. The good news is they were only short, the bad news is each time the power comes back on it sets off the alarm clock, my sense of humour is not good at that time of day.
    However a quick check outside and all looks to be intact, hope everyone else is equally unscathed. Expecting local flooding as well this morning, some real heavy squalls all through yesterday, will be checking up before venturing out today.

Going for my usual Monday FD today, but it may not last, tiredness and grumpiness might make it a bit of a rough ride…..

Take care all

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 20 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 21 – FD

Yesterday was the toughest day in a while for me… bad weather and a lazy morning meant I caught up on Netflix shows… all of that means I think about treats though…lots… hmmm 🤔
    Good to be back to work today… will apply myself 💪
    Have a great Monday everyone.. just one more week… let’s make it count 📝

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim

Day 21 – UK – FD800

Morning all! I’ve had a couple of days eating above 800cals and I must admit, the chocolate loving monster kicked in for a few days back there….! but I am back and ready to go with a 5:2 week. It’s DH’s birthday this week and I have lots of things planned, which all involve food(!) so I’ll definitely not be managing an angelic week of FD800s this week. The plan is for today and Weds to definitely be FDs and if I can, I’ll get one in tomorrow too – but that’ll depend on our work schedule tomorrow.

I hopped on the scales yesterday and had gained an extra 3lbs from when I hit my new low last week, but 1.5lb of those had already disappeared overnight so we’re going in the right direction!

@funshipfreddie – A belated happy birthday to you! It sounds like you’ve had a brilliant weekend :-)🎉
    @i-hate-lettuce – I hope the storm’s on its way out now & normal power is restored… that can’t have been fun with the alarm clock in the middle of the night!! We’ve had a vent work its way loose through storm Eunice and DH leapt out of bed at 3am the other day because he thought the knocking noise was someone trying to break in!! (Never seen him move so fast! Quite what he’d have managed to do in the way of defence would’ve been interesting to say the least!).
    @daffodil2010 – I have faith you’ll be in the low 160s by the month’s end!

Have a great day

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b

Day 21 UK FD

Yes @daffodil2010 I too want to knuckle down this week and achieve my Feb goal 💪

Now realise we’ve lost a few tiles , feel a bit silly as I’d heard the rattling noise a few times but assumed it was a flock of clog wearing birds landing Just hoping winds subside enough for DH to fix before the rain

Aiming for a good week to close it Feb

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @brightonbelle

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Good WFD yesterday and hoping for a good one today as well. Sounds like most of those that had bad storms on here had only some minor damage, and I hope you’ll get everything repaired and back to normal soon.

I’m a little lighter over last Monday morning, so that’s some good news.

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 21 – FD 800
    Yesterday report
    – [x] 16:8 CD
    – [x] Cardio

I’ve noticed that while the “Eat like a bear” is not sustainable for me, I sure do like to do it once or twice a week. Had my ridiculously big salad yesterday and it was so big my husband was laughing at it, but it was exactly what satisfied my body.

We had our first lazy day in what seems like weeks, but is only about 8 days or so. There was an estate sale next door (my neighbor who passed away in the late fall) and I wandered over, determined NOT to spend any $ … yeah. I bought two bedside tables – in good working condition with drawers, nice wood veneer but a bit beat up at the bottom -two for $40 so quite a good deal. I realized that while we have decent furniture in all the other rooms, we are still using my college particle board trunk/chests for storage in our bedroom, so happily replaced them and reorganized the bedroom drawer space. Quite happy ‘lazy’ work day (those nightstands are HEAVY). Got an old fashioned kitchen tongs (hard to find any nowadays without a spring and my dyspraxia makes those dangerous for me to use) and a fantastic metal strainer to replace an old bent and crusty one I can remember from childhood. So all in all some affordable nice upgrades and backups.

One of the old trunks contained some clothes of my moms. Mostly good quality solid color T-shirts she favoured late in life. I NEED to donate these, they make me look chunky and I won’t wear them, but it is crazy, I’m having the hardest time doing so. I have plenty of wonderful lovely things that were moms and evoke her memory, and someone needy would be very happy to have these as they are in great condition. Why is it so hard?

I’m sorry to hear about so much storm damage, but glad to hear it is mostly minor for you all.

Busy day ahead again!

Pocket list Day 21

@penz

@daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @mariaelena

day 21 uk fd

February has not been the greatest month for me unfortunately

I ended up having an accident and injuring myself at the beginning of last week so have not really been able to type (I am dictating this so apologies for weird grammar or spelling!) and I have not been able to fast either (due to having to take painkillers And due to being far too grumpy to entertain the thought of not eating ha ha ha)

So today is my first fast in quite a long time and I think only the 4th fast of the entire year, Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!

I can feel myself getting fatter by the day and I think that I am probably now about 6 pounds above my maintenance weight so I am hoping to be able to do 3X fast days this week

I am having to ask my DH to prepare my food due to injuring my hand, so I can’t really ask him to weigh stuff out for me on top of everything else He is having to do for me,so I’m just gonna have to guess at how many calories I am consuming!

At the very worst I will be doing an omad and at the very best I will only be eating 400 calories!

Hope everyone else is doing well…

Pocket list Day 21
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @high5

Day 21 – UK – FD800
    Day 17 – 20 – NFD

Thanks for the welcome back after my absence – sorry to have been AWOL again..

Well I have to admit that I never managed a FD last week after all………so planning on finishing this February challenge with B2B FD 800 x 5 – no major social outings this week should help me stay on track and will be avoiding the 🍷 for the next couple of weeks as well – been enjoying it a bit too much of late 🤭

Lovely to get back to the yoga mat this evening – my teacher had last week off for half term off with her boy and this week my Pilates teacher is off – taking her DH for a surprise week away for his 60th 👩‍❤️‍👨

Weather has been a bit grey and damp apart from a glorious sunny Saturday afternoon and again this afternoon – the sun ☀️ sure gives a boost to your mental well being

@i-hate-lettuce – great job on getting back to your pre cruise weight
    @stitchincarol – What fab belated Valentine’s evening you and your DH had – I just love you saying that the “whole experience was soothing to my soul” Enjoy visiting and having lots of cuddles with your new baby granddaughter 👶
    @funshipfreddie – happy belated happy birthday wishes for Day 19 – sounds like you had a fab one!
    @ccco – your experience of ketosis certainly didn’t sound appealing – take care x
    @linda.b – “Blue skies and hot (30c) “……you can off some people 🤣 ignore me – just feeling a tad jealous – I don’t mind the cold but don’t like the constant rain and have been missing the sunshine….
    @daffodil2010 and @brightonbelle – I too want to knuckle down this week and achieve my Feb goal so joining forces with you both for support and motivation
    @high5 – sorry to hear about your accident and that you are still requiring help due to your hand injury, hopefully it’s something that you will make a full recovery from – take care 🤗

Even though it’s the end of my day I’m adding myself to the pocket list as a booster – I have closed the kitchen door and my calories for the day are currently sitting at just under 700 😇 and I’m now off to have a nice hot shower (that dynamic yoga class was a very warming one!!) before heading to my bed for an early night – sleep beckons 😴

Pocket list Day 21 🎯
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @high5
    @at

Day 22, NFD, Aus

Again, yesterday’s planned FD didn’t. A bit like you @high5, I wonder how many I’ve actually achieved all year and I have no injury to excuse my lack of my commitment. Still at least I’m still logging in which is some semblance of accountability.

Day 22 U.K. NFD + ZBC

Thanks @at

@penz – Well done for even logging into the forum ! I hope that your mojo return soon!

My fasting mojo is here! Yesterday fast day was good . I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s fast day!

@funshipfreddie – belated happy birthday!

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

Weigh in: 165.2
    Slowly inching down again. It’s not an FD but the usual ZBC, protein filled low calorie lunch, then a chilli beef and chorizo dish for evening meal with no accompanying carbs. Dry till Fri. Feeling motivated.

@high5, so sorry to hear about your injury but well done on even attempting to fast….kudos for you. Hope you recover soon.

Woke to horrendous rain this morning, so DH and I did a longer Leslie Sansone walk with stretches instead of our usual cool dawn walk around the village. It’s clearing up now, weather so variable the days.

My route to work was blocked by a just fallen tree which blocked the road, the police were there while waiting for the council to come and chain saw the tree, so I had to about turn and take another route. The joy of rural living surrounded by trees. Hoping that’s the end of it now. 🙏

@mariaelena I can so empathise with you not feeling ready to donate your Mums clothes….it’s a tough decision.

@at and @brightonbelle, lets spur each other on for the remainder of this month, we can do it

Have a great Tuesday.

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Well, I’m gob-smacked! After yesterday’s FD, I’ve only gained half a kilo during my trip?! I guess all the extra walking & my usual breakfast-skipping helped. The lady running the guesthouse was baffled because I didn’t show up for breakfast all week. “But you know it’s included in the price?”, she kept reminding me 😅

So it’s back to low-carb, & maybe a hump day FD tomorrow…. 🤔

Day 22 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Despite a grumpy start to the day, just about managed to hold on to yesterdays FD 😉 Finished the day off with a warm bedtime drink and slept like a log … in fact the log (fitbit) shows 2 hrs 18 min deep sleep plus 6 hrs 18 mins light sleep.

Still very windy out and raining, need to get out, so looks like pressure washing the decking and driveway, roll on spring. Starting to plan the garden for the coming year, might be the year of the begonia I think.
    Dug all the flower beds over last week and pruned the last of the Acers in the rockery, so not a lot to do, well apart from the lawns which are full of moss.

@funshipfreddie – surprising how holiday weight doesn’t build up as much as you think sometimes, as you say extra exercise helps (I don’t skip breakfast on holiday 😉 ) and as soon as you get back, cut back on food and alcohol again and a few FD’s get rid.
    I’ve always found that getting back to the 5/2 WOL as soon as you return works quite quickly, ie 2 weeks hols followed by 2 weeks 5/2 … sorted 🙂

Take care all

Day 22 – Ireland – FD

@high5 I’m really sorry to hear about your injury. That’s such a shame but hopefully you are on the mend. And @penz, my FD wasn’t the best yesterday either so back on the list today… you are here and that’s the most important 💪

@funshipfreddie fair play to you skipping breakfast while away… I find that so very difficult on holidays… But then I think that’s my problem… maybe…a little bit of gluttony… I’m trying to tackle this and my ability to binge 🙄.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 22
    @jaifaim

Day 22, London, UK, FD

I’ll do a B2B this weeks as It’s my B’day on Thursday and I WILL NOT be fasting!!! Maybe I’ll limit the 🍷🍷 but not the 🎂🍰!!

@funshipfreddie, I must admit to being geographically challenged!!! I couldn’t point to the UK on a map!!!🤣🤣 However, I’ve never even heard of the SA ‘East London’!!! I hope your birthday was spectacular!!! How was the 🍷🍷 or was it 🍻🍻??
    In the past I’ve been on holiday and ate & drank with abandon but walked my sandals off getting 20-30k steps each day and returned home often with no more than 4lbs to dispatch with a couple of FDs!! I wish I had the opportunity to get that many steps in every day, ‘cause the eating with abandon part is fantastic!!!🙄🙄🙄😁😁 @jaifaim, I’ll hold my hand up ………………… pure unadulterated gluttony!!!😜😜

@babs_b, I had visions of you rolling over and burying yourself under the duvet as your DH took off to defend your home with his slipper!!!🤣😂🤣

Onwards & downward & keep the faith folks, we CAN do this!!!

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pocket list Day 22
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Happy 2-22-22 or 22-2-22, depending on where you are! Weigh-in: 210 lbs, and so close to 209! I feel like I adverted a disaster mid-month and should be on track for March. Next FD will be tomorrow or Thursday.

Happy TWO’sday!

Day 22 Melb Aust TDEE for goal weight

Well, after a busy week, I’m back with a 1.2 kg regain (still 1.3 kg down), but there’s still nearly a week to lose that again. I’ve had a reasonable day today, and a few more CDs and FD800s will see me lose the gained weight, so that’s okay.

@lilymartin, I’ve been doing these monthly challenges since November 2018, with more or less success, and some miserable months of gains, the “yo-yo syndrome”. I also enjoy the Southern Hemispherites forum, but that for me is less of a consistent “lose weight” forum, so I try to stay part of both.

@michelinme, I haven’t been noticing your progress recently – how’s it going? Mine is slow, but the overall trend is down, and I’m so pleased I “stopped the rot” this month after only a couple of days, so I may end with a good loss for the month.

Good to read all the posts. Sorry to read of the damage caused by storm Eunice, but glad no-one suffered major problems or injuries.

Onward and downwards everyone!

USA. Day 22. FD

I am just popping in to add myself to the pocket list. It should be easy to do because I managed to get sick from my grandson and have no appetite! 🙁

Pocket list Day 22
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day! I have been reading all the posts but don’t feel well enough to really post!

Day 22 UK NFD

Yes @daffodil2010 and @at we’ve got this , big push to the end of the month 💪

Steady couple of days for me , DTF is the norm these days so hopefully see the rewards soon

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 437 total)

You must be logged in to reply.