Fab Feb Fasting

This topic contains 425 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 437 total)

• Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Weigh in: 166lbs
    Boo….but also not too bad as last night DH cooked an “Irish” dinner of bacon and cabbage and mashed potatoes and turnip and gravy for his UK family and it was deliciously yummy. Washed down with a couple of glasses of wine I will admit.

Plenty of chocolate knocking about but did not partake.

DH’s sister is flying home this morning, the remaining family here for another couple of days, and it’s fun and relaxing, but I am now earmarking Wednesday and Thursday for B2B FD’s to get rid of the 2lb gain from Saturday morning.

Loving to hear all your stories. Much kudos for @jaifaim and @flourbaby for the calming love and support to your mums so that they have peaceful days. 😍

Get well @stitchincarol, hope that bug did not last.

Have a lovely day.

Day 15 UK FD
    Good day everyone,
    Had a proper south Indian dinner last night, so delicious. Feeling a bit guilty this morning, I’ve decided to do an extra FD today. I would really like to lose 2 kg by the 7th of March.. I’m so anxious about the first fitting of my wedding dress after almost two years since a bought it.

Hugs and kisses
    Roberta

Pocket list 🌻
    @jaifaim
    @froby

Day 15 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Easy FD yesterday, kept busy until early afternoon, well away from temptation. Ate rather sensibly so feeling rather pleased.
    Today’s highlight, meeting with Oncologist and surgical team for review! Looking forward to meeting the gang again, been almost a year since the last scans and meeting them (weirdly) is fun. But there again I had very successful treatment !

Take care all

Day 15 – UK – FD800

Yesterday’s FD800 went well though I did have some carbs via half a naan bread with the F800 chicken tikka recipe DH cooked. I stood on the scales this morning and initially they were up by nearly 2lb 😱 but then I moved them onto the spot of the floor which is my favourite 😉 and they then read the same weight as I was yesterday morning. I am 0.5lb away from my coveted next stone bracket. I haven’t been under that since early 2018, which feels like yesterday but obviously isn’t! I have hormones increasingly battling against me this week too and I can feel a bit of puffiness / water retention building. So I’m ploughing on with F800 for as long as I can this week and hoping that I still see some losses!! 🤞

I also did some cycling last night – only 10 minutes (I’m building up slowly), but DH bought me an Apple Watch for Christmas and with it came 3 months free subscription to Apple Fitness+ which is packed full of loads of workouts and it all syncs to the watch too, so I can see all my progress in real time on screen.

Today’s another FD800, tomorrow will be a NFD as I’m catching up with a friend in the evening.

@i-hate-lettuce – wishing you all the best today as you meet up with the gang!
    @froby79 – don’t feel guilty, you will get into that dress! I never thought I was going to get into mine when I got married but my body played ball thanks to the 5:2 in the end. I felt like I was getting nowhere for a while then it all worked out in the end
    @daffodil2010 – well done on resisting the chocolate!!
    @stitchincarol – I hope you’re feeling a bit better today. My DH had something similar last week after our NFD with the client meeting. We had lovely food that day but I think it was maybe all a bit too rich for him after FD800s for over a week before that.

Pocket list 🌻
    @jaifaim
    @froby79
    @babs_b

Day 15 UK

Not posted for a while. But bad habits have crept in over the past year or so…

I’d like to join in this month if that’s OK with y’all. I’m doing 16:8 or 19:5 during the week, with the occasional coffee and cream to keep me going and some low carb eating mixed in. I’ve done a week and a bit of this with only one real ‘mistake’ so far :).

I’ll weigh myself tomorrow morning 😮

Day 15 2nd post

@johnnyr – yes definitely join in! It’s good to have you here 🙂

Day 15 Melb Aust CD

Well, I’ve been persevering with mainly CDs this month (after my unfortunate first week) and am currently 2.5 kg down from the start of the month. Don’t hold me to that, though, remembering the down 3 kg and regain 2 kg of January, but I’m hopeful I’m getting past the weight I tend to “stick” at. Two more weeks, and we’ll see!

Good to read all the posts. Weary tonight, so not commenting, except to say to @flourbaby and @jaifaim, treasure the days you can still have with your mums.

Onward and downwards!

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs (so close to 210). I can tell my body is still holding on to a lot of water. It’s OK. The 200’s are upon me, and before this year is up, I’ll be writing a “1” instead of a “2” when I report in. Can’t wait! Good luck to all on the pocket list today.

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD, the good Lord and my will-power allowing!!

The symptoms (the kind you sit for, not bend over for) were done by 10 yesterday morning, but I felt rather crampy all day, even until bedtime, so it’s lovely to wake up and feel fine this morning; I suspect it was the abundance of food, and particularly the jalapeno poppers and the French dip sliders with butter, seasoned and salted buns! I didn’t actually eat all that much, and given my body’s reaction, I’m very, very thankful for that, LOL! Thanks, everyone, for the kind words; that melted my heart to read so many good wishes.

@jaifaim I noticed your black heart that was clearly supposed to be red, and had to grin!

Wow! @funshipfreddie 20K steps is serious! Well done. What did you do that clocked so many steps/distance?

@froby79 2kg by March 7 would be very ambitious for me, but you’re twenty years younger and hugely motivated; that makes a huge difference, so I’ll just bet you’ll pull it off nicely! You’ll have the lovely “life days” to interrupt that progress, but your extra FDs, like today, will certainly have a great impact on your progress.

@i-hate-lettuce Have a grand time reconnecting for the length of one single appointment, celebrating that you have no need to see them any more than that!

@johnnyr Good to see you back! Why don’t you post a bit of background for those who are new. Just watch how being back will increase your RESOLVE and success!

Tonight, after lessons, I meet up with three girlfriends. I’ve been worried about how not to lose the benefits of a WF, and used yesterday’s woes to good advantage: I told them that I’m not sure I’ll be wanting to eat anything. That made complete sense to them, and I clearly can’t drink anything if I’m not eating anything, so I think I’ll be able to swerve all food/drink…as long as my will-power is sufficiently powered up. 💪👍🤞

Pocket list 🌻
    @jaifaim
    @froby79
    @babs_b
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 15 UK FD

Weigh in: 182lb.

Quick check in for accountability. Yesterday slid from FD800 to CD -an improvment on the end of the week. Today has been exhausting with unexpected project work – feeling overwhelmed bc tired even after 10 hrs sleep. Still in need of more sleep.

Day 15 UK NFD

Arrrgghh I’ve had enough of painting , hopefully we’ll finish the job tomorrow

Will catch up on posts soon , see ya later x

Day 16, NFD, Aus

Welcome back @johnnyr! Of course you can join us – it’s always nice to see old friends come back to the forum.

Loved your description of your symptoms, @stitchincarol “the kind you sit for, not bend over for”. I knew exactly what you meant and I’m v pleased to read they’re gone.

@froby79 – if you purchased your dress 2 years ago am I right in assuming that your wedding plans were delayed due to COVID? Or are you just one of those super organised people? Whichever, I am sure you’ll fit into it perfectly when the day comes.

Oooops, just realised I said NFD when I was sort of, kind of, maybe planning a FD. With that kind of wishy washy commitment I know what kind of day it will be!

Well hellooooo everyone! I haven’t been posting as a lot going on… but Feb 2022 will forever be a turning point for me…. and I’m so happy. I ended the 6 year bad relationship in January and now in Feb I am absolutely on track to lose 10-11 kg. Today is a red letter day as since 1st Feb have lost 2.5 kg Yayyyy! Very happy and optimistic that I can do this now…. and yes cutting out processed carbs certainly helps as do my massive fresh vegetable and salad meals (I love a big meal!) … the giant portabello mushroom is the hero of every meal.. very low cal but tastes so good! (a minute in the microwave with a teaspoon of balsalmic, yumm! served with fresh veg and salad, very filling) My other mission for Feb is DRY FEBRUARY. SO 16 DAYS IN AND NO ALCOHOL. I’m immersed in THE ALCOHOL EXPERIMENT by THE NAKED MIND (it’s free). It’s a 30 day program and really motivating and educating me about alcohol, making the transition to alcohol free much easier for me. So February is momentous for me, losing weight, getting fitter, losing alcohol…. a transformation and I feel so happy for the first time in a VERY LONG time.
    I thank you all as I do read your posts and am absolutely inspired by each of you.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@johnnyr – welcome back!

@linda.b – so glad February is going so well for you!

@stitchincarol – re the 20,000 steps – I was just walking! Didn’t even break a sweat. Just being in a new place, & curiosity getting the better of me. And the seafront here, which looks out over Algoa Bay, is ideal for walking. Anyway, I slacked off a bit yesterday, & only managed 11,000 steps 🙄

Happy Hump Day from Port Elizabeth ⛅️ 🏖 🐫

“Not only did I fall off the diet wagon, I dragged it into the woods, set it on fire, & used the insurance money to buy cupcakes.” ~ Unknown

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

First of all LOL @funshipfreddie‘s quote….I bet a lot of us empathise with that!!! 😆

Weigh in: 166.2
    So up another .2 making it 2.2lbs up since Saturday…BUT…visitors, meals, there was sticky toffee pudding with cream last night…..good family times, so I will not bemoan and just keep on that wagon.

Visitors move on today, so the next couple of days are B2B FD’s. ZBC, small Oatbran bread with ham and mustard, and chicken broth…all home made (except for the ham 😳).

@i-hate-lettuce hope you had a good time at the review. I know I said this before, but when I was in hospital last year I thought of you for inspiration..so happy that that bad time has gone for you now.

Have a great hump day. Just realised its the 20th anniversary of the day I stopped smoking for good. Yay for me! Best thing I ever did health wise. This WOL is the second.

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010

Day 16, London, UK, FD

Planning to have a bog standard <500cal FD today, – cauliflower soup at the ready!!!

Welcome back @johnnyr, it’s a very tricky thing keeping your eye on the ball ALL the time!! The accountability found in these challenges helps immensely, not that it stops me hurling myself off the wagon from time to time!!!!

Love that quote @funshipfreddie🤣🤣🤣, there are a LOT of burnt out wagons littering forests the world over!!!!

@daffodil2010, can you imagine entertaining guests without a sense of dread if you were on a diet??😲😲 Thank goodness for this WOL, cherished memories have been made!!!!

I hope this 2nd half of February yields the results I want, the fist half seemed to be a period of learning all about this fasting malarkey ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!😞😞🤯

Stay strong folks & keep on keeping on!!!

“Before you heal someone, ask them if they’re willing to give up the things that made them sick!!” – Hippocrates

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

Day 16 -Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a great visit to see the team yesterday! Lovely caring and very talented people, all results are good, amazed at how the recovery has gone. Brilliant to see them and anyone listening in would wonder what was going on, loads of laughter and total positivity. Very grateful to them all.
    Mind you talk about efficient, arrived about 10 minutes early, booking in with receptionist, never got to sit down, nurse took me straight round to examination room, 15 minutes later I’m out of the door, consultant consulted, laughs, ‘groped and scoped’ and all done!
    Quite amused how the dietician was pleased, I’ve put on around 15 kg and she’s happy! Odd to think about that on a forum dedicated to weight loss, but I lost far too much during and following treatment and not in a way I would recommend! Back to a sane and safe weight.

Not much fun in a walk this morning, blowing a gale, so off with Mrs IHL shopping then think about a wander later. Fancy an early FD this week, might even be an extra one!

Feeling good and thanks to everyone for their support during a time when things were a bit rough, big celebratory hug all round I think 😉

Take care all

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

Welcome back @johnnyr!! And good to see you @linda.b 👏

I’m so happy this morning to see a new low that I have not seen since pre-steroid weight I would say… it puts me in a good place for bobbing between 157-160 lbs so although possibly only touching on it today it means I know I’ll see it again (in my mind anyway) – 158.4 👍

I’m quite amazed actually as had my lovely weekend away with friends and I suppose I have been have been diligent and aware of what I’m eating generally but not restricting too much… although i don’t drink at the moment, have eaten very little bread or crackers etc and am trying to cut down on milky coffees but have allowed myself some treats..

Anyway… hopefully I can continue to apply myself and see where I get to by the 28th.

Have a lovely day everybody.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16 – SW England – FD

@babs_b my scales always do that! Going to glue them in one place I think.

@linda.b glad you’re out of a bad relationship, and I’m very impressed you’re having a dry Feb in spite of what must be a stressful time!

I’ve had a couple of questionable NFD days over the weekend (it’s so hard when you’re hosting people!) and then it was V day, but yesterday and today I’m back on track.

Still really missing white rice. Will have to try cauliflower rice!

Have a guest staying from tonight until Monday now so will probably have to adjust my plan a little. If I don’t lose anything for a while, it’s fine! This is a marathon after all right!

Day 16 UK NFD
    Good day from the sunny(ish) Norwich.
    Yesterday it was a very good FD, I am finding the eating only in the evening very pleasant and rewarding. I like having one “bigger” meal. grilled chicken or gammon with minestrone with a little of philadelphia lightest and some berries.
    The scale is not moving at all this week, but I will try to not to think much about this. Being part of this group is really useful to stay focused and motivated 🙂

Welcome back @johnnyr.

@linda.b it’s great you are out from a bad relationship, you should be so proud of yourself.

@penz yes I am one of the bride who had to postpone the wedding because of COVID! I am so looking forward to having the party I really want! live music and dance!

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD(?)

Weigh-in: a confusing 216 lbs. That’s a little over 5 lbs in one day, and I’ve gained each day over last week by around 2 lbs. I’m sure a little of the overindulgence from the weekend settled on my bones and the water continues to be trapped. I need a good evening of hydration. Oh well, I’ll just be patient and remember the basics on the NFDs. Actually, today I’ll do a ZBC because unless I’m asked out to lunch by the office staff, I’ll plan to fast since I’m not hungry this morning. Good luck today!

Day 16 – UK – FD800

I’ve done it!!!! I am officially back in the next stone bracket down!!
    I had a really good FD yesterday but a rubbish night’s sleep (I have a few things on my mind which decided to keep me awake the moment my head hit the pillow), so didn’t wake up feeling all that fresh this morning. I usually find if my sleep’s been rubbish, I’ll weigh more the next day no matter what but the scales registered 1.5lb down today which has taken me into the next bracket with 1lb to spare.

The big events we have planned all start at the end of next week so I’m going to keep pushing on with as many FD800s until that point and then it’ll be back onto the 5:2.

@rootforyou – Ah, but you need to make sure you glue the scales onto the favourite spot….! 😀 Sounds like you’re doing brilliantly!
    @froby79 – you cannot beat live music at a wedding, I’m so excited on your behalf!
    @i-hate-lettuce – Brilliant news, I’m glad it went well
    @jaifam – Wohooo!! Congratulations on the new low!
    @funshipfreddie – I think I burnt about 7 wagons last October alone! 😂
    @northgeorgia – it is SO frustrating when the scales don’t play ball. Have you been keeping an eye on your measurements? I have definitely found before that my measurements can change even when the scale’s not showing a weight loss and likewise, if the scales go up but the tape measure still reads the same I’m more convinced I’ve not laid down more fat in my body and find it doesn’t annoy me quite as much
    @linda.b – that’s quite a change, well done on getting out of a relationship that clearly wasn’t serving you. Onwards and upwards (or downwards, when it comes to the scales!).

Have a lovely day all

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b

USA. Day 16. FD

Sorry I haven’t been here for a few days but I have been reading posts. When my grandson is with me, I can’t really write anything. Congratulations to everyone one their accomplishments this week so far! And to everyone who had a slip, I know you will be back on track quickly.

I can say I am happy today! I weighed myself this morning and I am down 5 lbs.! Yeah! I seem to be on a roll.

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

I did it!! I met with my friends and simply drank water. Amazingly, I truly wasn’t even particularly tempted, and I drove home feeling like a million bucks for having done what I set out to do. RESOLVE is nothing to be sneezed at!

Today, we’ll have a pork loin and asparagus for dinner, and I may have an egg or two for lunch; we’ll see how ravenous I am by then.

@brightonbelle Is this the hallway you’re painting? I’ll bet it’s all looking great!

@linda_b I’m so very, very delighted for you to be out of the abusive relationship and to have your life on a dramatic upswing. So glad you checked in, and we’ll be here any time you want to post an update!

@funshipfreddie Your time in Port Elizabeth sounds delightful that there’s so much to see that you get so many steps…and I loved, loved, loved your quote, LOL!

@daffodil2010 After days of lovely meals, your FD meals are going to feel equally lovely; congratulations on so little damage AND on your 20-year anniversary!

@i-hate-lettuce Big celebratory hug all round, indeed! 🤗

@jaifaim What a lovely milestone, even after having a lovely weekend; well done!

@northgeorgia You KNOW how effectively you’ve changed your eating habits when you say “I’m not hungry this morning.” 👍💪🥇

@babs_b Well done on a joyful milestone!!!!! 👍💪🥇

My mind is swirling with thoughts of all the things I need to do over the next few days, so I’d best get at it. Wishing you all RESOLVE for following through on your eating plans today, and mindfulness to remember why you have an eating plan…I know I often slam the door shut on the voice that’s trying to object to what I’m about to eat! Today, I will be GOOD.

Day 16 UK FD

Checking in for accountability.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Yesterday was a bit full on, today a bit quieter. Enjoyed adapted yoga this afternoon – but goodness, so stiff after skipping last week. I’m feeling under the weather despite -ve PCR & LFTs so heading for a very early supper and a very early night.

Today’s food – late lunch of baked egg and spinach, early supper of small baked potato with butternut squash and sweet potato dal, apple, peach & blueberry compote with vegan yogurt. It feels like a feast but under 800 calories which will do me.

Well done those who are seeing good results. Hold on those who have burnt their waggons. Being here is a statement of intent, now for taking action…

Day 16 – Second post

Just popping in quickly to say what an inspiration you are @i-hate-lettuce! How you faced the challenge of your illness over that very difficult time inspired many of us at the time and still does. 💪
    So glad you had a lovely time reconnecting with the team that helped you through that tough period 💕

Day 16 USA (Illinois) FD

Too much popcorn (and accompanying salt and butter) yesterday, so doing a FD today. The “Death on the Nile” was pretty good. I enjoy Kenneth Branagh – rest of the cast was fair too. But seeing that makes us want to find the 1978 film version of the book.

Hope to get back later to comment on your posts.

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @ccco
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 17, NFD, Aus

Enjoying all your positive posts and life-affirming actions. Well done everyone!

Day 17 country West Australia FD
    Been MIA as Work has been crazy the past few days but hopefully now on top of it!
    Cruella is downright mean at the mo.
    I jumped on the scales with great expectation this morning after 2 good FDs and ….. no change.😔😡
    However it is not UP so that’s a plus.
    Looking back at old posts I see that I am still 14 kgs heavier than when I was doing 5:2 well the first time around.😳
    So the motivation is alive and well and just making me even more determined to reach my goals This year.
    Like many others realising that we are now on the slippery slide to the end of the month.
    Truly, where DOES the time go. 🤔🤔
    @stitchincarol, sadly, yes we do always have fabulous morning teas at church every week 😅
    .It’s a roster system so Iu only do it every 2 months or so.
    But we have some seriously amazing cooks……🥓🍜🧁
    I do hope you get over your GI woes.
    I have noticed a few gut issues this time round , usually after a FD but wasn’t sure if it was just me or if it was indeed a ‘ thing’ with fasting?? Thoughts anyone ??
    @flourbaby, there is indeed definitely a completely unresearched physiological process whereby one person will eat food and the calories, because they are largely invisible , will magically make their way to another person’s body – usually thighs.
    I too am testament to such a process with DH !!!, 😁
    @northgeorgia, good to see the sales heading south again, I am not sure why we almost ‘ self-sabotage’ when we have lost a certain. amount of weight. 🤔
    That is what did for me in 2017, amongst other things.
    When I was very much younger, I ran a weight loss group in the UK where I was working,
    Before we started I made everyone, myself included, write down every single morsel they ate for a week,
    Including eg the crust of the children’s toast , the few peanuts, the biscuit here and there.
    Most of us were horrified at just how many ‘ unthinking’ calories we were consuming.
    That’s why I am back with MFP again….😔
    @jai faim and @flourbaby, and others who might be spending time with elderly loved ones with dementia, it is such a precious time. Can be difficult at times but very precious. Hope you enjoy This time together.🙂
    @michelinme, well done on the conference and not too much of a gain. Be kind to yourself and don’t work too hard. It will still be there tomorrow.🙃
    @funshipfreddie, I had to re-read your post !! For a momentI thought you were walking and only had 900 kms to go until you reached home 😳🤪
    That’s it for now.
    I am about to go to the next page and ALWAYS seem to lose everything when I go to the next page so not taking any chances!!

second post…
    @daffodil2010, your dinner on the 15th sounds delicious!
    Actually ALL the food people mention on this thread sounds Delish….😁
    It sounds as though you have had a good time with your extended family.👨‍👨‍👦‍👦
    And congratulations on kicking the smoking habit for so long. 😇
    It is very difficult to do as nicotine is one of the most addictive substance on the planet, apparently!
    @froby79, we’re here to hold your hand and to give you the extra help you need to get rid of the 2 kgs.🙂 I’m sure you will have the BEST day when you are finally able to get married, music, singing, dancing and all.😄💑
    @i hate lettuce. WOW!!! what terrific news. Well done on the results.👏😆 I cannot believe it is a year since you were on treatment.
    The weight gain is very sensible . And I tend to think of this forum as a healthy WOL incorporating weight loss. Fasting has so many benefits.
    Even though I am definitely wanting/ NEEDING to lose weight, the health benefits I am already feeling with fairly modest weight loss is encouraging.😬
    @babs_b, your Cruella must be in cohoots with my Cruella. Pffff. She is NOT going to best me this time round.
    I am SO determined to show her , that I am doubling down on my efforts…😇 I AM going to weigh less by the end of February. 😇👏👏
    @johnnyr, welcome back !!!!😄 You are most certainly welcome any time.
    @betsylee, hi! and good to see you dropping by.
    It’s interesting how Cruella de Scales holds us in her thrall. 😁😳😢
    She is so fickle that these days I use her just to keep a bit of a track on how I am going but tend to use how my clothes fit, waist measurement and how I look in the mirror more .
    And despite fairly modest weight loss, my clothes feel far less tight around the waist and I have lost 2 cms.
    So THERE Cruella!!!! Nah nah na nah nah !!!!!😛( emoji for Cruella !!)
    linda_b, welcome back. Well, what a start to the year you have had!!
    Congratulations on all the positive moves you have made. 👏 Good for you on ending what sounds like a toxic relationship hence toxic environment for you.
    It must have been so stressful. Congrats on the Dry February too AND being on thisi forum.
    A new you and winning all around.🙂
    We are always here for you.🥦🥦 ( would have sent you a rose but broccoli seemed more appropriate given your love for salads – and I LOVE broccoli!!) 🙂
    @stitchincarol, I too chuckled at your description and hope your gut is now behaving as it should. 🤞
    And as you say, RESOLVE has a LOT going for it!
    @brightonbelle, do hope the painting is finished soon. Now you just have to keep your eyes down and not look too hard at the other rooms…….😆
    @funshipfreddie, I laughed out aloud at your description of getting rid of the wagon! 😅😂
    Said wagon helped me a LOT with 5:2 last time around.
    This time, and the several stuttering starts previously in the past few years, I think I may have permanently damaged the springs as the ballast of my bulk may have seriously unbalanced the wagon.😲
    I think several fellow wagon sitters would have been riding VERY high up in the air whilst I was very close to the ground on my side….😔
    @flourbaby, I love the quote and have taken it to write on my board of daily inspirations. 🙂
    It’s very apt for a health professional!!
    @jaifaim, congrats on the number – looking’ good!!👏
    @rootforyou, yes some of us have Cruella de Scales and she is NOT nice most of the time.
    Hence being on this i site!! I think my scales are already superglued in place – and it is NOT a kind number!!!! 😡
    @ccco, grandchild time is SO special. 👪 Gald you enjoyed it. And 5 llbs down – wow !! 😇
    @michelinme, there seem to be LOTS of wagons – to make up for the burnt ones!!
    The one we have for February is vey pretty, very large, super- duper reinforced with sturdy steel bars.
    It is unstoppable, untoppable , and designed to accommodate anyone and everyone who cares to get on board.
    It also has very comfy seats so people can enjoy the ride. Goes past fabulous scenery to ease the way for those struggling.
    And it has very well padded side grips for those who are just holding on by their finger nails.
    @songbirdme, I too love popcorn 🍿 but have been getting the very small single serve packets with no added salt or butter. Funnily enough it still tastes ok….
    @ Penz, yes this forum IS good for accountability. I have just spent 2 hours reading and answering posts !!!!!!!!!! At least it stops me eating!!!
    But that is it for me today folks.
    Off to work.
    Have a good day all. 🙂

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FDHU (fast day highly unlikely)

@i-hate-lettuce – awesome news re your consultation! Couldn’t be happier for you 🥳️

@lilymartin – by the time I get home I’ll need to go on a 900 km walk! I’ll definitely be doing 3 FDs next week 😳

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @lilymartin

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B

Weigh in: 165.2
    Yay, lost a pound from visitor /family gain, going for another FD today to hopefully get to last Friday’s number, so that I can start afresh next week.

Storm yesterday evening. My car was hit by a branch and then I had to brake suddenly and no choice but to drive OVER another large branch that had fallen in the road in front of me. Thank goodness it didn’t hit my car but I was shook up. There is another storm on the way from tomorrow morning. As I live in a rural area surrounded by trees I might WFH tomorrow

Well done @jaifaim and @babs-b for your new lows. Great news.

Have a lovely Thursday

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010

Day 17 UK FD

Usual Thursday FD hoping to reset I’ve fallen into having a few teabreaks , the teas ok but perhaps not the accompanying biscuits 🤔

Hope these storms don’t cause too much trouble

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 17 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Going to do my usual FD today, did well on my ‘extra’ FD yesterday until 7pm when an after dinner drink appeared, suddenly had all the willpower of a half melted chocolate bar! Good news is I only had one and had been very good all day, only around 700 calories until then, so no harm done.
    I’m also expecting to have lost the weight gained on holiday and we’ve not been home 2 weeks yet 😉 The trousers are not as snug as they were and the belt is on the normal notch without a tug of war!

Great to see @jaifaim and @babs_b on your new lows, result 🙂

So back with the gang on the usual Thursday PL wagon today.

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 17 UK FD

Good day everyone,
    Today I feel a bit less motivated to do the FD but I will stick to it! Minestrone already prepared and chicken breast defrosted! Yesterday I had a little sweet in the evening, writing here for accountability, even if it was a NFD I am trying to not drink and not eat sweets. Scale is not moving but I know that it is only a matter of time.
    well done @i-hate-lettuce for your extra FD and for having only one drink. 🙂

Roberta

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @froby79

Day 17 – Ireland – FD

Back on the list today…
    Bobbed back up a lb but that’s ok… still in a good place. Thanks all! It really does feel like an achievement to be in the 150s 🤗

Well done @daffodil2010 – I found that the quick Scottish weight gain came off quickly with a few good days… it’s reassuring to know that we can have our fun and then get back to the zone once we know how.

@lilymartin I am so blessed to have mum with us and in her own home. Our carers ( 😇 ) and my siblings all work together to ensure she is safe and happy. @flourbaby I often think of you as living with a parent with dementia is a very different situation 💕.

@songbirdme I am hoping to see Belfast and Death on the Nile once I get myself back into a cinema 🎥 .

@michelinme I’m always interested to see your meal plans 😋. Speaking of which @at has not been around in a while… I hope all is ok 👍

Have a lovely day everybody.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 – UK – FD800

Thanks for the kind words about the new low, I’m so happy to have finally broken that barrier… not by much, so definitely taking my foot off the gas just yet. DH gained a few lbs after a big night out last weekend but he’s also going back in the right direction this week. The night out was a once in a blue moon event and was also very impromptu, but he had a great time and this is life! 🙂 We did his measurements this morning and he’s lost over an inch from waist & chest and already lost half an inch from his neck.

Today is, you guessed it, another FD800. ZBC, lunch will probably be a poached egg, mushrooms and spinach (I’m wfh today and left my trusty soup in the office fridge), then dinner tonight will be plaice with lemon & parsley.

@daffodil2010 that must’ve been scary! Is your car ok? The wind was wild here just outside London last night, I can’t imagine what it was like in Ireland! The storm heading over tomorrow doesn’t sound good either, I’ve already seen lots of public places have announced they’re not going to be open tomorrow because of the forecast. WFH sounds like a very sensible idea.

@brightonbelle – enjoy the reset!

Having to shoot off quickly today, deadlines are looming! Have a great day all.

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @froby79
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b

Day 17, London, UK, FD,

I’m going for another FD today as yesterday’s didn’t result in the 10lb loss I expected😜!! Shocking, I know!!! So, I’m striking whilst the iron is hot ……….. well warm anyway!!!

@i-hate-lettuce🙏🏽🙏🏽I’m sooo pleased to hear about your ongoing recovery (even if it means weight gain!!) I think fasting brings us an awareness of ‘self’, your oncologist had a job to do (👏🏽👏🏽) and it’s marvellous that by taking charge of yourself, your fasting & weight loss helped!!!
    We can only do what we can to boost our health by keeping an eye on our nutrition/weight. I’m taking my quote from yesterday as a bit of a warning for what may come as I get older
    “Before you heal someone, ask them if they’re willing to give up the things that made them sick!!” – Hippocrates

Phew @lilymartin, I’m glad you’ve confirmed the theory, I knew this weight gain wasn’t ALL down to ME & the wine gums, cake, biscuits and vino I had been consuming, my mum’s got a lot to answer for!!🤣🤣🤣

@jaifaim some days can be very frustrating, especially when I’m tired and she asks if I’ve seen my dad for the 20th time. She’s never upset when I explain he passed away nearly 5 years ago, which is a relief🙏🏽 I think the knowledge is in there somewhere, but as the question gets phrased in exactly the same way each time, I think there’s a short circuit causing a loop somewhere. There’s no option regarding my mums care, she’s physically able apart from her foot which is healing sloooowly!!! And her dementia is mild in comparison to some and (I’m sure you feel the same) although we feel it’s difficult sometimes, we know ……………….. “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

I hope everyone stays safe in this stormy weather, @daffodil2010, I’ll be parking my car around the corner, well away from any trees tomight!!!🤣🤣

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @froby79
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @flourbaby

“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela

Day 18 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs (almost 219). This is an 8-lb gain over last week (which in fairness, was a post-FD weigh-in). It’s also the highest weigh-in this month, and almost the highest of the year so far. And yet, last week also saw my lowest recorded weight ever. I’ve never seen my body do so such a wild swing upwards of nearly 10 lbs within 10 days. I’m sure there are lots of factors — a lack of sleep last night and continued disregard of total calories and type of calories consumed on NFD are things I must get under control fast. I know most of it is still water, but I think some of it isn’t. All I can do is quash the rebellion and send the weight marching downwards again.

Pocket List – Day 17
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @froby79
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

Day 17 – UK – FD800

Can’t believe I haven’t posted since Day 10 🤭

Managed to finish my 4 B2B FD800 on Day 10 but no fasting since – however planning on ending this week with B2B FD800.

9am Happy Hour (Aerobics) class this morning with a coffee and chat afterwards (someone had baked a coffee and walnut cake 😱 which I managed to avoid 😇) and ending today with a 6pm Strength Pilates class should help keep me on track 🤞

@mariaelena – I only started a regular exercise programme in my retirement – having moved counties on retiring it was a great way to meet people and I found myself really enjoying them so now do 5 regular classes a week – was doing 6 until this year! I also go walking/hiking 2/3 times a week weather dependent ☔️ I’m a fair weather walker!! Congratulations on that major milestone of reaching a BMI of under 25 👏
    @songbirdme – happy belated 75th birthday wishes for your DH 🎈
    @daffodil2010 – well done on getting rid of 6lbs so far this year 👍
    @babs_b – you and your DH are doing great
    @flourbaby and @jaifaim – I love to hear your stories of those precious times with your mothers – I lost my darling mum in 2014 but still miss her 💔
    @lilymartin – what a clear and concise explanation on ghrelin and leptin – thank you for sharing
    @stitchincarol – sorry to read about your tummy troubles – hope you’re feeling better
    @johnnyr – hello and welcome back to the monthly challenges
    @linda.b – so glad to see your 2nd post for the month – definitely a Fab Feb with some self love for you 🤗
    @i-hate-lettuce – so happy to read the outcome of your review on Day 16 – such a relief for both you and Mrs IHL
    @jaifaim – well done on that new low 👏 thanks for noticing my absence – still here and have been enjoying life a bit too much 😈 perhaps so B2B FD800 to end the week on a positive note 😇
    @lilymartin – I tend to weigh in once a week to keep me on track but only record once a month as “Cruella” the scales is so unkind at times
    @funshipfreddie – FDHU (fast day highly unlikely) 🤣🤣
    @daffodil2010 – that must have been scary – hopefully your car didn’t get too damaged

Joining today’s pocket list for support

Pocket List – Day 17 🎯
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @froby79
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

USA. Day 17. FD

Pocket List – Day 17 🎯
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @froby79
    @jaifaim
    @babs_b
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @ccco

I have to come back later to read today’s posts. I have to scoot, as I have a dentist’s appointment. Have a great day, everyone!

Day 17 – 16:8 CD
    Yesterday report
    – [x] FD 800
    – [x] Cardio

I could have sworn I posted a quick one yesterday explaining all is going well here, just things got crazy busy, but I don’t see it. Ah well.

Only news is this week’s weigh-in slightly (very slightly, like .3 lb lower) than last week, so I’m managing to stay in healthy BMI. Yay.

Had a lot to catch up to do here, so just some thoughts:

@penz CRUEL and ULCER wow! That is a good one, wish I still played that game with my family! 😀

Re American spelling i.e. humor, honor etc. I have a weird relationship with those words, when I type them, the non-American words comes off my fingers automatically (honour) and my phone’s autocorrect yells at me or changes it. I never even realized how my default wasn’t the American one until I got a smart phone. Being comfortable with both versions helps my Scrabble game, I must admit!

@michellinme Popcorn is so yummy and would definitely be my nemesis too, if it did not upset my digestion so much. I have to limit it to a bowl every other month or so- we had a big bowl on our movie ‘date’ on ❤️day – Quite the comfort food at the time, but I pay for it.

@froby79 I love that you are the one who proposed 😀- I didn’t have the guts to do so, Kudos to you! And I believe in you and a well fitting dress!

@stitchincarol Hope you are better soon! – ah I see you have recovered- good!

@funshipfreddie I think that might be the most difficult pronunciation I have encountered 😂I love it! Gqeberha Today I will be looking into the origin, I’m fascinated!

@songbirdme How fun, I am looking forward to Death on the Nile (whenever it reaches streaming service) Our ❤️date was watching the Brannaugh Murder on the Orient Express- I do like his Poroit interpretation and the period costumes and set design thrill me.

@at Good on you with the exercise classes as social introductions! I’d love to find a hula hoop class/group but I do believe I’m the only one in this neck of the woods who exercises this way, lol.

Going to try to be more regular here this week, but crazy still continues! All is fine.

Good thoughts from me to you all!

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I slept later than gives me time for reading/responding, so must be brief. My day suddenly changed yesterday, and I drove down to Lincoln (roughly the same distance as Omaha) and ran errands and got a pedicure that was a Christmas present…SOOO lovely! It had the advantage of keeping me away from the kitchen, so I ate with wonderful control and was only up 0.2 pounds this morning–quite impressive after yesterday’s low number from Tuesday’s WF. I’m excited to see tomorrow’s number after today’s WF!

I have an extra lesson rescheduled for today from Tuesday, and work at church this morning, so must race out the door so I have time for everything.

Have a grand one, everyone, full of RESOLVE!!! 💪👍

Day 18, NFD, Aus

I now this is a dieting/healthy lifestyle/type forum but I want to share another Wordle frustration. By round two I had successfully identified this letters as correct in the correct order SHA*E. Do you think I could correctly guess the missing letter by the time I ran out of turns?!?! Do you know how many words there are with that SHA*E configuration? Argh!!!!!! Good think there’s only one word a day as I’d be screaming at the computer a lot more. Ok, I’ve vented. Feeling better now.

I really need to pull my big girl socks on and starting doing 5:2 properly. No FDs this week. No wonder the weight is not budging!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Well helloooooo from downunder everyone! The rain has stopped and the sun is out and…. the scale continues to slide a little downwards….. for what more could a gal ask? Happiness is such a simple thing at the moment! I thank you for your responses and the broccolli bouquet from @lilymartin… I love it too, yummy, filling and calorie low,a wonder food indeed! Even though I’ve had a couple of social outings I’ve managed to keep on track so I’ve proven to myself that I can do this and intend to stay focussed. Social interactions are really the hardest, aren’t they? Took dinner to a friend the day she moved into her new house, so we sat there amongst her half unpacked boxes and drank ALCOHOL FREE CHAMPAGNE and chicken with salad….. all good, still felt like a celebration, we just need to learn the lesson that being prepared is the key and that we can have a good time without calorie laden foods and alcohol. We had a fun night! cheers!

Day 18 country west Australia NFD
    I knew it! I knew it! I KNEW it!!!
    With all my effort this month ,Cruella had to cave in sooner or later and today she caved.
    Only by a measly 200gms it must be said .
    But enough to get into a lower kg number so I am HAPPY!!!!!!!😄😂🤪 This has really motivated me to keep going better than before, yesterday’s gone, oh yesterday’s gone… ( whoops I think that might be a Fleetwood Mac song…..)
    Anyway….
    @at, good to have you back posting and to hear all is hunky dorey.😀
    @ccco, good luck at the dentist.😁 I love the way the dentist will have his fingers, +/- an instrument in your mouth, which is usually opened further than you realised your mouth actually COULD open and then he asks you a question which he expects you to reply to !!😵
    @stitchincarol the pedicure sounds lovely and relaxing. 🙂
    @penz, oh Wordle….!!!!! Yes I had to think hard for that one. I got it but only because I tried to use the least likely letter. 🤔
    I have introduced Wordle into the Aged Care facility I work in.
    We have some interesting results but we DO have a good laugh.😀😄😁
    @mariaelena, Isn’t it irritating when a post disappears.
    I suspect we will be hit on the head some day by the many posts idly floating around in cyberspace 😳
    Cruella is most annoying too. But congrats on the lower number no matter how small.
    Her blips up and down can easily derail one if not careful. 😡
    ( I blame her for my downfall from this WOL last time. Nothing to do with me eating enough to keep a small country going…..🥓🍔🥗🥂🍫🍡🍩🍞🥦🥦. )
    Besides, Flourbaby and I have a first hand experience of an unusual phenomenon, about some mobile, person jumping calories….
    @linda.b it is so good to hear you sounding happier.
    The alcohol free champagne sounds like something I would like to try.🥂
    Yes, going out to eat can be quite tricky. I ordered calamari the other day thinking it would be fresh and lightly fried as usual.
    Sadly it was crumbed and deep fried. Tasted quite nice actually but thinking the calorie load was pretty hefty. 😳
    Onward and downward with resolve and with a vengeance.
    Just trying to exercise my ‘ NO’ muscle for the coming weekend with 3 functions – all involving food!!!

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – Wordle 😂 ULCER was a stinker. I’m still struggling with today’s puzzle. Might be the first time I throw the towel in before I’ve even used up all 6 attempts!

@mariaelena – Gqeberha… I know?! All I know is that it’s a Xhosa word (we have 11 official languages in SA) & they use that clicking sound a lot. I think Gqeberha is the Xhosa word for the Baakens river that flows through the city.

@flourbaby – “I’m going for another FD today as yesterday’s didn’t result in the 10lb loss I expected😜!!” Funny! 😂 That will be me after I weigh myself next Tuesday after my 1st FD in forever!

Storm Eunice?! Just watching Sky News, & it looks nasty. Stay safe, fellow Brits!

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Weight in: 165.8

DH wanted a take out dinner and wine as he wanted to relax after hectic week of visitors and I joined him, so very lucky that it’s only .6 of a gain. Life!

Right now I am sitting here, looking at clear blue skies, not a breeze out there, BUT hearing reports of Storm Eunice battering the south coast as it approaches. Lots of power outages. But it’s so calm here I am going to drive to work no bother.

After work I go straight to my friends house, and the plan is to go out for dinner….storm depending.

Look after yourselves.

Just saw that storm on the news. What a whopper! Hope all of you in the UK and Ireland are safe. Take care.

Day 18 UK NFD

Very happy with weigh in this morning , but like many others the scales have been very erratic of late so I’ll hang on for a few days

Wordle – yes ulcer was very annoying but for us UK based players there was a word this week ( I won’t spoil in case some are still to play this one ) that I don’t think is in use here ….grrrr spoilt my 100% record , ah well it’s only a game 🤔

I’d like to think I can get out for a walk but Storm Eunice is howling outside so maybe not 🌬

Have a good Friday all x

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 437 total)

You must be logged in to reply.