Fab Feb Fasting

This topic contains 425 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 37 posts - 401 through 437 (of 437 total)

• Day 26 UK NFD

Sorry to disappear early 10 days into this month’s challenge….i’ve fallen off the waggon in a mix of long covid and project/life overload.

Tomorrow I’m off to stay with DD for a week as she starts diferent chemo regimen and then sees oncologist. But I’ll join the March challenge – and be glad to have the daily routines again.

Hope all’s well – look forward to catching up with you all in a couple of days.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

I weighed 146.2 this morning, so the damage from all the mindless eating I did this week is real. I’m neither distressed nor discouraged, however, but merely determined to change my impulses. There’s something about being at my daughter’s Colorado mountain house that makes me think it’s okay to eat with abandon; hopefully I’ll maintain better discipline when they live in a suburb in Indiana, LOL!

When we got home last night around 9:30, I simply went to bed immediately after bringing everything from the car–the joy of sleeping under the quilt I sewed, on the mattress I love, with the pillow that’s familiar, was way too strong to delay! Today will be a busy day as I do stuff to prepare for church tomorrow and put away all the stuff we brought in. That’s good to have so much to do, however, because it means I won’t get bored and wander into the kitchen to see what I can find.

When I was sorting through my eBooks on Amazon a few weeks ago, I happened across this book that I bought in 2015 and mostly ignored. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YPOX24?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details I started reading it again yesterday, and struggle to get past her let’s-use-89-words-where-a-dozen-would-suffice style (TALK ABOUT THE KETTLE CALLING THE POT BLACK, EH????) but she has some great encouragement, and I “know” her from her association with Fly Lady and like her, so I’m still reading. One of her biggest insights is that we can’t accomplish anything when we’re continually at war with our inner child–along with the acceptance that we HAVE an inner child–and that’s something I’m realizing I need to think through.

@lilymartin How lovely that you have more clothes that are fitting! That’s the best, isn’t it? ๐ŸŽ‰

@high5 What in the world happened with your hands??? I was guessing maybe a cut or two when you first mentioned the injury, but it sounds has if you have broken bones. Your poor thing!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿค— And congratulations on a third FD this week; that’s impressive even without injury!

@froby79 How delightful to read about your menu for tonight; I’m ready to race to the grocery store for needed ingredients to cook right along with you! Well, okay, no I’m not, because I have too much to do all day, but it sounds fascinating. The appetizer is puzzling me, however, as not being what I would think of an appetizer. Do you mean to use it as a first course sitting down? Can you share a link to a similar (or exact) recipe? And struffoli for dessert? That’s a labor-intensive choice, so I’m guessing you either really love your guests, or want to seriously impress them, LOL! Have a lovely time cooking today, and enjoying the fruits of your labor tonight!

@i-hate-lettuce Well said. Thank you for the Ukrainian language phrase, and I hope your friend is safe and well.

@jaifaim We’ll plan on you for April then!

@lilymartin Hosting is clearly a helpful thing that you’re willing to keep going! For those of you who have never hosted, note her prompt offer and use that to guide you into doing it some day; it really IS helpful at keeping me on track, at least.

@michelinme Thanks for checking in, and prayers for your daughter that the new chemo regimen is exactly what is needed to conquer her cancer. And, you might do some research into water-fasting as a way to get through chemo treatments with less nausea and to have them be more effective; I read just a bit about that sometime last fall, and apparently the patient not only feels better, but the treatments are more effective. Or, so goes the mostly anecdotal evidence. โค๏ธ

I’ll get March set up today or tomorrow; hope to see you all there!

Day 26 second post country West Australia
    Just had friends to dinner. Had the roast turkey we were going to have for Christmas – but when it was 36ยบC Christmas Day, well I jut thought it should be easier and less hot in the kitchen.
    So had a turkey roll instead. Less cooking time, less time in the kitchen.
    The turkey tonight was yummiferous. As was the potato bake with cream, peas and carrot.
    Redeemed the night somewhat by having fruit salad for dessert .
    Which might have been cancelled out by the Maltesers with coffee…..
    BUT the good thing is that I ate very mindfully, didn’t fill up on dips, cheese, nuts prior and ate off a small plate and NO seconds๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡.
    If I want to be thinner I have to eat less dinner!!
    @HIgh 5, 3 FDs is a very good achievement. Well done.๐Ÿ’
    I too am sorry to hear about both your arms.
    I must have somehow missed it – what happened ?๐Ÿ˜ณ
    @betsylee, fingers crossed for Cruella being nice on Monday. You have done so well.๐Ÿ˜‡ I bet the 0.2 kg is gone by Monday.๐Ÿคž
    @froby79, Congratulations on the 5 kg loss since January. That is amazing.๐Ÿ‘ Your menu sounds so good. I love Italian food.๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ
    @i hate lettuce. Loved your calming thoughtful post. There is still a lot that is beautiful in a world gone mad. And yes, we are SO fortunate.๐Ÿ™ Your quote/translation is so true. Good luck for your friend…
    @funshipfreddie. Ah, ‘bloke’. I didn’t have too much trouble with that one because we do still tend to use it a bit in Oz. He’s a good bloke… such a nice bloke….๐Ÿ˜
    @jaifaim, I spent a while Thi afternoon looking up Irish treats for the world day of parader on Friday which centres on England, Wales, Northern Ireland.
    I found lots of recipes with potatoes – hoping to make potato bread ; some delicious Irish shortbread and would love to try some Colcannon ( hope that is correct) but we can only serve light food eg cake, biscuits, sponges, sandwiches, which we can put on plates and serve to people due to Covid restrictions.
    Hoping to do Welsh cakes for Wales and the beery, cheesy dip sounds nice!!The food all looked sensational and I have used up the best part of a tree printing out recipes from the 3 countries mentioned……
    Have a good Saturday all. Just off to bed to head into Sunday. ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Homemade chili awaits! Planning another FD tomorrow and on Monday, to see where I will start off March.

third post
    @michelinme and @stitchincarol, you must both have been ‘ over the page’ when I posted!!
    As I was at the bottom of page 8 when I posted – and then suddenly there was page 9 !!.
    @michelinme, glad to have you joining us for March.
    No matter how you are or are not doing 5:2 and life in general, we are always here with the wagon just rolling right along.
    Plenty of willing hands to help you get on and stay on.๐Ÿค
    @stitchincarol, thank you for hosting March and I will be there . Motivational March or whatever, Being back on this forum has most definitely helped me.
    Hosting does make a difference. It’s the first time I have done it and very happy to do so again. Hosting helps keep one motivated.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜‡

USA. Day 26. FD

Sorry I haven’t been posting much but my grandson gave me a bad cold that I can’t shake! Even though I have been properly fasting at 800 calories a day, I am probably eating less due to this awful cold. At least after two Covid tests, I am still negative. Just a cold!

I am glad to see a number of you are finding yourselves fitting into clothes that you haven’t been able to wear. That is always excellent news! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can’t believe February is almost over but I am on board for March! Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Stitchincarol and lilymartin, thank you for volunteering to host March! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 26- 16:8 CD
    Yesterday report

– [x] 16:8 CD
    – [x] Cardio

Yay, house is clean.

Feel accomplished because I also have graduated from weighted hula hoop (easier) to dance hoop. Lol, that does NOT mean fancy hooping, just a thinner lighter smaller hoop that makes one work harder to keep it up. I doubt I have the coordination master any fancy hoop moves, but working to try does make the workout better.

@lilymartin Awesome on the shrinking waist and expanding clothes possibilities! That is so much fun!

Got interrupted by some craziness- posting before I lose this. Hope all have great weekend!

Day 27 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia

Apologies for not posting more often but I’ve been keeping up reading all your inspiring and newsy posts to keep me focussed…. just not in the best place at the moment and distracted with some things I have no control over.. it’s never easy ending relationships and I never want to repeat this type of experience again.

Nevertheless on the positive side of life, I DO have control over my Fabulous February and happy to report that, with your inspiring posts, have kept on track with 5:2 (500 cals – I’ve got the old book!) and also my ALCOHOL FREE objective for the month. My goal is to lose 10-11kg by Easter and happy to report that since 1st Feb have consistently dropped 1kg per week which tomorrow I hope will round off the 4 kg for the 4 weeks of the month… stay posted!
    I am greatly encouraged by @at‘s mission statement ie โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€.. I desperately do NOT want to have to repeat all the hard effort to date. So thank you @at for your wisdom!

I was relating to the WORDLE issue raised by @funshipfreddie, my friends and I laughed about that as we thought it was such an Aussie word for WORDLE! ha ha!

So it’s the last day of Fab Feb tomorrow, I hope to see all of you back on 1st March to build on your Feb efforts. cheers Linda

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

I’ve been incredibly busy with all my volunteer positions – funny how retirement brings on new life duties. I have been pretty good about getting to Silver Sneakers, but still am about 4 pounds over where I want to be in maintenance. Will have to be more judicious in March.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@stitchincarol – ‘The Mouth Trap’?! Funny title, & looks like it might be worth a read.

@northgeorgia – I’m so glad you mentioned fasting today; I hate to suffer alone ๐Ÿคช

I got the Wordle solution in THREE attempts today! So proud of myself ๐Ÿ˜…

@stitchincarol – thanks for offering to host. Can’t believe it’s almost March.

Pocket List – Day 27 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 27 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Fabulous morning, bit of frost first thing, but now bright and sunny …. the boots are going on very shortly … long walk today ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Okay, Momentous March is open and ready for posts. I got wordy (surprise, surprise). Ignore it if you want. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ But, just as @penz scolds anyone who uses the word “fail,” I will scold anyone who uses the word “hope” in March…take this as fair warning! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/momentous-march/#post-338483

Day 27 UK NFD

As usual let things slip โ€ฆ.a bit too much at the weekend but it looks as though Iโ€™ll be able to record a small loss for the month so Iโ€™ll take that , Iโ€™ll sign in tomorrow then off to Rome on Tuesday , so Iโ€™ll sign in on the second week @stitchincarol and Iโ€™ll be raring to go

Have a good Sunday all

Day 27 – Ireland – NFD

Checking inโ€ฆ small decisions mean big changesโ€ฆ this is my mantra for today and tomorrowโ€ฆ๐Ÿคฃ hoping to keep the focus on falling numbers for fab February ๐Ÿคž

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 27 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Checking in on a Sunday, have to admit there was chocolate biscuits and coffee earlier. Tomorrow I will try an LFD, first one in a very long time.

Looking forward to continuing on in March, but see you all tomorrow

Day 28- 16:8 CD
    Yesterday report

– [x] 16:8 CD
    – [x] Cardio

I bid goodbye to February. Thank you @lilymartin for being host. I had only limited success with weight training exercise but my did well with cardio and fasting. Here comes March!

I fell this morning in the yard, feeding breakfast to the neighborhood cats. Turns out our lackadaisical yard tending saved my butt, literally. I fell into a pile of leaves which cushioned my fall. ๐Ÿ˜€ Iโ€™m fine but will have to own up to the mishap to my DH who worries.

Warmer weather seems to be returning. Certainly the bright morning sun which has been rare is streaming into the house, pleasing my cats to no end.

Wishing everyone well.

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Or, “How to be disciplined and non-disciplined in one short month.” Egads. I’m very disciplined on FDs. Extremely. Impressively so.

But my NFDs are getting out of control. I even fell into the old trap yesterday of, “well, if you’re going to fast for two days in a row, you might as well pile it on today! Why not have that big bowl of sugary cereal after that double helping of fish and macaroni & cheese for supper with a side of soft drink?” WHAAAAT… I have only myself to blame. I haven’t weighed in this high on a Sunday since the 2nd week of January. I’m definitely going to have to mix things up a bit next month; although the WFDs have been very effective, they’re warping my mind on NFDs.

Anyway, not the end of the world, but just bad decision-making. Where are my proteins, good fats, and vegetables? Why am I trying to carb it up on NFDs? Even on Friday, I broke my fast with some added grits, and unlike when I only have some nuts and a banana, I was hungry in three hours. Egads. Have I learned nothing? Haha

OK, into March with reset reset reset and better planning and balancing.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 27 ๐Ÿฅ•
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 27 NFD country West Australia
    @ccco, glad you have not got Covid. Hope the cold goes quickly.๐ŸŒธ
    @daffodil2010, I went to an AGM today – there were sandwiches, fish cakes, cake and far too many Maltesers with coffee when I got home. But life still goes on.
    Those clothes in my wardrobe are a-calling me to restraint….. tomorrow !๐Ÿ˜Š
    @jifaim, it is indeed the small decisions we make which can make a BIG difference.๐Ÿ™ƒ
    @brightonbelle, such a casual ‘ off to Rome on Tuesday’… !!very very envious ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฎ
    Hope you get to enjoy the cuisine.
    @stitchincarol, thanks in advance for hosting next month. ๐Ÿ’
    I am SO IN for Momentous March ( can feel the motivation surging through my veins.)๐Ÿ˜ฌ( see this as a determined face!!)
    @i hate lettuce I hope you enjoyed your long walk in the glorious surrounds you have in the Lakes District. I remember staying in a Youth Hostel there many many moons ago when I was much younger. It was a beautiful part of the world. ( I am not sure how many people had slept in the same sheets before we did – but that’s a whole different story!!!!)๐Ÿ˜„
    @funshipfreddie – ‘The Mouth Trap’ – now ain’t THAT the truth. I think that is my WHOLE problem right there..๐Ÿคญ
    @songbirdme, what is it they say about giving jobs to busy people as they seem to be the ones to get things done!
    We have a lot of problems over here in rural WA trying to get volunteers.
    The same people seem to do all the volunteering in lots of different organisations here.
    I don’t know if this is the case elsewhere?๐Ÿค”
    @linda.b, I can’t imagine what you would be going through but thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts and virtual hugs across the kms.๐Ÿค—
    Very very well done on the 4kgs. That is a real success.๐Ÿ˜‡
    Very nearly Day 28 so off to catch a few ZZZZZZs. Night all.๐Ÿ˜ด

Day 28, FD, Aus

Thanks for hosting @lilymartin (but enough mention of Maltesers!!!)

Going to end the month with a FD. Not hoping I will but resolving to do it (nod to @stitchincarol).

See you all in March.

Day 28 country West Australia FD 85.1 kg
    Well Cruella is well-named and not kind. โ˜น๏ธ
    But she has just served to strengthen my resolve for March.
    Putting on my not -quite -as- big -as -they- were pants; Mojo raring to go, ‘won’t power’ fired up and looking forward to marching into Momentous March.๐Ÿ˜†
    @penz I wonder if a person can ever eat just 1 single Maltesers…?? ( Last mention thereof!!)
    @northgeorgia, yes thank goodness for that reset button.
    I think it gets a LOT of use – as it should.
    5:2 is a Way of Life and life happens on a daily basis.๐Ÿ˜„
    @mariaelena , the good thing is you made some good ground with fasting ,cardio, accountability etc and are set to go for March. Very good results I would think๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Here’s hoping everyone has a good last day of the month.
    Reminds me I better go and pay some bills due.
    February always catches me out!! ๐Ÿ™„

Day 28 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

My holiday half-kilo came back over the weekend; despite yesterday’s FD. Not really surprising. Fri/Sat did not go as planned. There were even Pringles on Saturday evening ๐Ÿ˜ณ Luckily it was only a small/snack tube, & there were no Maltesers around. @lilymartin – no-one has EVER eaten just one Malteser ๐Ÿ˜… Unless you find a packet with just one in, & when does that ever happen?!

So I’m finishing the month half a kilo heavier than I started. Which isn’t so bad, all things considered.

Thank you @lilymartin for hosting ๐Ÿ’ Congratulations to all who made progress or maintained. And for the rest of us it’s a big RESET tomorrow

Pocket List – Day 28 ๐Ÿ
    @penz
    @lilymartin

Day 28 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช- FD

Weigh in: 166.6
    Which means I lost only a pound in February, that 166 number has been bouncing around since this time last year.

Today is an LFD, not hoping to do it, I resolve to do it, determined face on ๐Ÿ˜

Tomorrow will see a lower number for March, and onwards we go. Thanks @lilymartin for hosting February, you have been epic.

Off to work now, first day in 18 months that we are not required to wear our face masks in the office, yay!!

Day 28 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Finishing the month firmly back in my comfort zone for maintaining after holiday weight gain, which didn’t last long!

Thanks @lilymartin for hosting February, a very short month for me as I missed part of the first week, but nonetheless a successful month ๐Ÿ™‚
    Looking forward to March, hopefully spring will spring and not drag her feet. Diary pretty empty this coming month, just as well, it gets hectic after that!

Take care all, see you in the next months challenge.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 28 ๐Ÿ
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 28 – UK – FD/FD800

Phew! The long weekend of big birthday celebrations has drawn to a close and I’m now back on the FD800 / 5:2 mission and cannot wait for a FD today! Am point blank refusing to stand on the scales today / tomorrow / until next week ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚….! I feel like a sack of spuds. I’ve eaten so much rich food, drunk so much wine, champagne & gin and the same cannot be said for any water consumption. It’s been a lovely weekend, though everything felt horribly surreal when the news broke about Ukraine.

We have one more meal this week (tomorrow) that a friend is cooking for us, then it’s FDs all the way.

@lilymartin thank you so much for hosting this month! ๐Ÿ’

Today is definitely a FD, I’m aiming for a FD500 too but the carb overload & lack of sleep this weekend might make that a tad tricky. We shall see. Either way, it’ll be a FD800 at most.

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b

Day 28 UK NFD

Thank you for guiding us @lilymartin๐Ÿ’

2lbs down for me , which upon reflection Iโ€™m very happy with

See you all in March (Iโ€™ll be a week late )

Day 28 – Ireland – FD

Weight check in 158.1 ๐Ÿค— so that is 3lbs down this month and Iโ€™m putting in a big effort today as had some yum treats with mum over the weekend so hoping a good FD will help get me back on track and see a number I saw last week again ๐Ÿง

Thank you @lilymartin for hosting Fab February! You were fab ๐Ÿคฉ

Looking forward to checking in and starting a new month and challenge with you all tomorrow ๐Ÿคš

Pocket list Day 28 ๐Ÿ
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @jaifaim

Day 28 – UK – FD800
    Day 27 – CD
    Day 25-26 – NFD

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

What a difference a day makes – glorious sunny spring day yesterday and woke up today to a grey and wet one….

Sorry I have been MIA once more but had a lovely time catching up with old school friends, a couple I hadn’t seen since our primary school days……so much to catch up with and share – just so lovely as now new memories created ๐Ÿค—

Yesterday was such a perfect day for a long hike – @i-hate-lettuce – you will probably know the route – walked from Ambleside to Rydal Park, up Nab Scar then to Alcock Tarn and Grasemere for a well deserved snack, before heading back home – perfect sunny day for a climb as not too hot – not too cold and to top it all up despite burning up a lot of calories I managed to stay below TDEE setting me up nicely for a FD to finish this Fab Feb Fasting Challenge on a positive note with a weigh in tomorrow morning – life feels good

@froby79 and @lilymartin- for me B2B FD800 are doable but I did go overboard a bit on Friday and Saturday with my visiting friends – too much good food and wine so was happy to pull in a TDEE day with plenty of exercise yesterday
    @babs_b – sounds like you and your DH had fab birthday celebrations over the weekend ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ‚
    @i-hate-lettuce – really enjoyed the Rugby on Saturday – the French are exciting to watch in action but such a shame yesterday’s game was so one sided – Italy will be pleased with how they battled with 2 men down while Ireland will know a far sharper attacking performance is required if they are to leave Twickenham with a win in a fortnight. BTW well done for finishing the month firmly back in my comfort zone – you reminded me that I’m not drinking as much water as I used to – must make more of an effort in March ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ
    @froby79 – great job with those 5 kgs gone since January!!
    @michelinme – ๐Ÿค— good on you for persevering despite the trials and tribulations of life affecting you and your family – especially thinking of your DD as she starts diferent chemo regimen – Stick with us on these monthly challenges for support
    @linda.b – glad that my quote resonates with you and is helping you ๐Ÿค—
    @lilymartin thanks for hosting our Fab Feb Fasting ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค—
    @stitchincarol – will definitely be joining you for a Momentous March Challenge ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค— and @jaifaim – thank you for offering to take on the baton for April ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค— – feels good to be organised for the next two months โœ…

Joining that pocket list for a last hurrah for February
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @jaifaim
    @at

See you all tomorrow with @stitchincarol in the Momentous March Challenge ๐Ÿค—

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD

Going for another FD today. Weigh-in: 213 lbs. February saw both some good news and terrible patterns. Looking forward to getting fully on track in March.

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 UK FD

Great weekend with lots of nice food!!
    I need a couple of FDS before the wedding dress fit next Monday

Thank you @lilymartin for hosting the Feb group. Even if I’ve not been very active I love being part of the group

See you in March! ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @froby79

Day 28 Melb Aust NFD

Well, I ended February 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs) down from the start of the month, so “Cruella” was kind to me. Looking forward to further falls in March.

@lilymartin, thanks for being such a great “host” this past month.

@stitchincarol, looking forward to seeing you chairing us in March.

Together we are stronger!

USA. Day 29. FD

Can’t believe February is over already! Thanks, @lilymartin, for hosting March!

Adding myself to today’s pocket list!

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @babs_b
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @froby79
    @ccco

Down 5 lbs. this month, although this dreadful cold is helping me to lose!

Congratulations, everyone, on all your February wins! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TRE 21/3

The scales this morning were 146.6, so I’ve done some serious damage. I hate that number, and am squirming with sorrow, but I’m not bothering with shame or self-recriminations; I seem to do that with every chunk of weight loss: I get down, I celebrate the loss, then I eat like a mad woman and gain back a bunch of it. Then I shake myself free of the madness, lose that weight again plus more, celebrate the loss…and so on and so on. So February is a net gain, but it was also a month filled with travel and social events, and it is what it is.

DS25 invited us to his house for supper tonight, and for me to give some opinions on plants in his yard (it’s the house he just bought in December), so instead of a true FD, I’m only eating in the window from 5-8; hopefully–oops. Not an okay word as it assumes I have no actual control over my behavior. Hmmm… Okay, new phrasing: it’s my intention, my RESOLVE to eat with reasonable restraint. I’ll have wine, but only the one glass. There. WHEW! This new mindset of what to say/think is more challenging than I realized!

@jaifaim I absolutely love your “small decisions mean big changes” and used it yesterday to swerve chocolate-covered almonds offered to me. WHEW!

@daffodil2010 Wow, momentous last-day-of-February for you that you can dispense with your facemask! It will be lovely to see everyone’s faces, I’m sure!

@betsylee Wow, that’s a TERRIFIC loss for February! Well done!!

Thank you, @lilymartin, for hosting February; you did a great job!

Yesterday, DH and I went to Opera Omaha’s performance of Sweeney Todd. It was so good!! A friend of ours sang in the chorus, and that made the performance extra wonderful to see her on stage. Today is housework day, so I’m off to get started. See you all in March!

Day 28, London, UK, NFD

Where oh where has February gone!!!!!

Late check in, Iโ€™m just back from lunch with my friends๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— Itโ€™s been a 5 day Bโ€™day celebration, and tomorrow marks the start of a B2B2B2B of FD800โ€™s. From family get togethers to being treated to lunch or dinner with friends, not forgetting the cake & cookies at work on the actual day, it HAS NOT STOPPED!! Phew, Iโ€™m really looking forward to my salmon salad OMAD tomorrow.๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—

Good grief @high5, I really hope youโ€™ve got someone helping you do EVERYTHING!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@betsylee, I wonโ€™t even think about the โ€˜damageโ€™ until Iโ€™ve completed the B2B2B2B๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Itโ€™s that ostrich thing again!!๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ Although, depending on the number I see tomorrow morning, I may end up trying WF ADF which gave me a -10lb success last June or try FD800 for the next 8-12 weeks!!!!

I just got to your post @babs_b, I think you read my mind โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Snap!!!

Thanks for herding us cats this month @lilymartin, getting back in the groove is far trickier than I ever imagined. I guess my 1st round of fasting seemed like a doddle because of the results, maybe it was just as hard back then!!!

See yโ€™all over in March fellow fasters, I think my head is finally screwed on in the front facing position & Iโ€™m ready!!!

Day 28 + 1 Ireland – CD

Weight check in 157.8 ๐Ÿค— so very very happy with that and odd we go to March.

Thank you again @lilymartin for hosting Fab February!

31.2.22 92.9 kg 14โ€™ 9โ€
    28.2.22 91.5 kg 14โ€™ 6โ€

So – 3 lbs for the month.
    Not quite as much as Iโ€™d hoped, but a few more steps in the right direction.

Just upped weekly exercise and decreased alcohol a bit, so expecting the same or a bit better for March.

Thanks for hosting ๐Ÿ™‚

Oops – that should have read 31.1.22 above!

Just found March’s thread …

Thank you for sharing the informative note! I appreciated all of you it’s really meaningful for me because I haven’t idea about all the things properly

Viewing 37 posts - 401 through 437 (of 437 total)

You must be logged in to reply.