Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 568 total)

• Thank you all!! I am very pleased. It was hard this week and I hope I will survive this weekend without falling off again……..

Ann277, I hope you don’t hurt too much. Get better soon and great to have lost a bit anyway!! Great! Keep going even though it might be tough at times. The result is worth it!

Marysia, at times things just don’t move in the direction you want them to move. I had the toughest week and thought I never get below 64kg. But I did it. Just. But it’s below. Now the weekend. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Good luck and enjoy the weekend!

Marysia, don’t let the scale discourage you. You know us women tend to gain water weight all the time depending on the period of the month. You did your fast and you are being sensible about your normal days so your result is just around the corner. It is our discouragement that tricks us in falling of the wagon, and sets us back further than we camefrom. So don’t fall of, you will get there. Look at the scale as an extra challenge: a mental teaser. Are you really that strong? And YES you are. WE are that strong.
    Katser, how have you been doing?
    Have a good weekend all of you!

ARGH!
    I just wrote a long post and it’s disappeared. grrr

Here’s the gist-
    Marysia, I ignore my scales 6 days out of 7. It’s just too frustrating to watch my weight and its wild flucuations. Keep your eye on the belt notch.

Busymummy, well done on getting through a hard week. Those are the weeks I get DETERMINED to win. Good on ya

Ann247-I hope you are recovering from your gym ‘mishap’

Everyone-keep your chins up. We can do this, right?!

If I missed someone; I apologize. To a person, you all inspire me. I’d have chucked it in 2 weeks ago without your support.

I’m off to the gym-again.

Hi everyone,
    Hope you did well this weekend.
    Lacie, I know how frustrating it is, to write a post for nothing 😉 thanks for writing the summary 🙂 Yes, I hope my back improves fast. Yesterday I wanted to go for a run, but that was not a good idea. I missed thar possibility to get rid of my unhappy feelings.
    I must say, on friday we went out, and I drank 3 bottles of heavy percentage beer (Belgium beers, I love them) and apparently my slimmer body had problems with the amount. So on saturday I was a bit drowsy. But all day I had big problems controling myself. And again…. I drank a whole bottle of wine during the evening, and a fairly amount of nuts and peanuts. I would have eaten chocolate too if nobody was at the house, but they were, so I allready thought about today, I would eat my hidden chocolate. Strange how your head works. No sense in it at all….
    Why did I have this urge? Well, perhaps part of it is my hormones, part of it was the saying goodbye for three weeks of my husband. I know it is his job, no argues, but it still gets to me. Three weeks is just long 🙁
    Ok, it is morning, the bottle of wine was not a good idea of course n my slimmer body, and I have discussed this this night while lying awake: I am proud of my body, and want to improve it further, so no extra binge on chocolate.
    I will update tomorrow…
    I hope you are doing a better job than I did yesterday. But oh well, I try to crawl back on our fast wagon 😉
    Thanks for listening! Glad I can post this here.

Hi everyone!! You know what I love about this blog? Everyone is so honest! Thank you Ann247 for your honest accounts of what you did this weekend!! It makes me smile because I’m JUST the same!! However, I have to say that since I started in January 2015, I think that my stomach has shrunk a bit. We went out on Friday night to stay over at some friends’ and I couldn’t finish dinner. Having said that, it’s not quite true. I did finish it but I had the feeling as if my stomach would explode, it was stretched to its limits. And I didnt overindulge in the drink either. Very proud. However, I had more than I intended to have… So, this morning, after a rather calm and very low in food Saturday, the scales were still above what I wanted them to be… not much but above it nevertheless. So, I’m looking forward to my next fast day. That’s what I find really soothing, and bizarre. Why would I want to look forward to a day with hardly any food… Let me know how your weekend has been. I still have Sunday to get behind me. And my daughter wants to bake a chocolate cake for desert. Well, let’s see. Good luck to you all!! Keep it up with the gym, Lacie and I hope, Ann, your back is getting better. I have had a dodgy back for years and had to give up running a while ago. I go for brisk walks instead. It’s great because I last a lot longer that when running. Talk to you tomorrow again! Enjoy!

Hi guys,
    For me it’s Monday and, well, I hate this one in particular. Ann247-I get it. My weekend was dietary a write off. Well, it started out not too bad with a glass of wine next to a healthy dinner Friday and Saturday. Then came last night. After a day full of emotional lows, I actually set my mind to drinking-lots-and so I did. Nearly a whole bottle of red. AND I ate a decadent chocolate dessert (I told you guys-cooking and baking are my creative outlet). I did get to thinking, though, that 2 months ago I’d have comsumed much more, so maybe that’s a positive thing?
    Today I feel like, well, a loser but not of weight. Thankfully it’s a fast day and thankfully, I can confess my sins right here to you guys. Thanks for listening. I have a feeling today will not be too hard. It feels a bit like penance. And I’m happy to pay 🙂 I’ll be at the gym for a very long time, I fear.
    If you’re fasting, stay strong.

Again, thank you all for being here.

Hi lacie! I’d say a weekend is always a very difficult time food-wise. The family is together, we cook and eat and enjoy each other’s company, sometimes with friends and you, well at least I do, want to show off my (not very great) cooking skills. Hubby empties his wine cellar to impress on that side and hop! I’m lost. Sometimes we are stronger and can stop or limit the intake, sometimes we can’t. That’s life. So, don’t beat yourself up over it. It’s already great to see that you have reduced your intake!! That in itself takes a lot of control! Well done! On top of that you go to the gym. Now, hat off to that! I wish you a very good fast day! Work it all off and stay strong! Have something to reward you with afterwards! Makes it all worth while!! I will fast again tomorrow. Talk to you later!

Sadly enough I don’t have commited to the plan. Well, it’s too embarrasing to tell, but anyway, sunday wentwell, untill around 11.30 pm till around 4 am.
    Now I am a little sick of myself. Trying to see some light in the darkness, but all I can come up with now is: I DID get rid off some bad foods last night…..
    I hope these coming three weeks will be a turn over for me. But I have to get to bed early, that’s for sure!

Well ladies, I hope we will overcome our issues with eating, drinking etc in the non-moderate way. I want this struggle to stop!
    Good luck to all of you fasting.

Just an idea: When you go shopping, go after lunch when you’re not hungry. Try to avoid buying “no good foods” such as crisps, salted nuts etc. I tend to buy fruits, veg, salads etc. Just when it comes to chocolate I know dark chocolate is better but why should I buy what I don’t like hence won’t eat, the kids neither. So. My only downfall would by that. Ask me next Thursday after my shopping trip how I did… Can’t promise anything…. 😉 but at least it’s a plan.

I’m so impressed with you ladies; for persevering and being so honest about your struggles. I so can identify with you !!! My life is still just a bit too hectic, and at times I’m hardly at home apart from when I sleep. I’m doing 800 calories 3 times a week ( mon, wedn, fri ) and feeling a whole lot better for it, even on ordinary days. Some days I manage to stay on track, and other times I don’t.. I eat gluten/dairy free, so it’s complicated if I don’t plan very well. But Saturday I got myself a nice top, size small ( used to be XXL)..Hard to believe since my weight hasn’t change much recently, but is a huge motivation…hopefully even when chocolate is beckoning me 🙂

Good luck on your fasting days this week!! We can and will get there 🙂

I assume the new top fits you perfectly, JohnAnne!! Fabulous news!! What an achievement. I think the way you do it is less punishing. So, well done! Keep it up! I’m fasting again tomorrow! Have a good night everyone! Go to bed early to avoid munchies!!! I’ll try it too.

JohnAnne, what an achievement, good for you! Well, today a normal day AFTER waking up. We are looking tv now at a war-movie Schlinders list, as we are remembering the death today that have fallen during WW2. When it’s finished, I am going to bed to prevent a debacle like last night. I hope everyone had a good day fasting or not fasting. I hope I will be a bit more content with myself and confident that I will be a bit more sensible about it all. I hate it when I fail like this, so still feeling a pbit low. Am due for my period too, that won’t help either of course 😉
    Talk to you tomorrow,I think. Good night 🙂

Hi everyone,
    I’ll just get my selfish whining done first: I did make it through my Monday fast day. It was not so bad. I didn’t have the heart for the gym yesterday. Flogging my guts out AGAIN just held no appeal. I didn’t eat though. Yay me. Still, I fear the scales on Friday after my second fast day. I really did a bad thing Sunday 🙁
    As you suggested busymummy, I planned a nice fast day dinner. Sweet corn kernals (sliced off the steamed cob), tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, fresh garlic, a bit of jalapeno, lime juice and a splash of olive oil. Topped it with prawns cooked without oil in a non-stick pan. Very good. Crunchy, colorful, flavorful and within the calorie allowance.
    JohnAnne-congrats on the nice top. I have a closet full of them! One day I’ll wear ’em again. Just like you. And gluten/dairy free? Tough going.
    Ann247. Chin up. I remember quitting smoking-about 25 times. The 25th time it actually took. I haven’t had a puff in years. (I may be exaggerating to make a point) I’m saying that it will get easier to commit. Hang in there with us. Please.
    Busymummy, as always, thanks for being so supportive. I hope your fast day is going well, and passing quickly. You always sound so-together.
    It’s not raining today so I’m going to have a nice long walk around the Bay. It’s 7km. A good time for self-reflection. But not self-recrimination. Got to move on, right?

One day at a time, folks. We can do it!

Hi Lacie, good for you for having another good fastday. That’s the way to fit those shirts :-). I think going to the gym on a fasting day is challenging, and you have to be up for it. If you’re not, you’d better skip it and just look for distraction. Hope you’ll enjoy your walk. I love to do long walks, but in my city it is not that exiting to walk alone, so I am to try to run. We’ll see if the back is okay with it.
    Busymummy, I hope you’ll have a good one today too. Thanks for the support!
    I will be joining today in a fast. When I stepped on the scale this morning my weight was more than a kg higher than last saturday, and I will having a mini vacation with my youngest son (17 years) in a hotel. So a super breakfast, and out for dinner in the evening. The good thing is: there is a real gym, and we will walk a lot. And I should not complain too much. I distruct myself, and I didn’t get beaten too hard for it YET. But that is the reason we must climb on that wagon again as fast as we can. Because two crappy days might not distruct our weight loss, but when it turns into a whole week….. Not so good!
    Ok all, have a good fasting, or non fasting day. My spirits are a bit more up, I hope yours are too!

Hey all!! Well I found the bank holiday fasting really tough to start with as my partner and I took the dog for a lovely walk and there was a french market in the park at the end!! Full of delicious goodies and smells :(((( but I managed to abstain!! Spent the rest of the day decorating (again!) and busy sorting out my daughter’s bedroom. Filled 2 bin bags and 2 boxes of stuff for charity shop. So a very productive day indeed and then sta and enjoyed my sea bass we topped with some olives and capers and tomatoes with a pile of green salad leaves. And it paid off as I was another pound down this morning! So I hit the 10st mark. That’s half a stone, whoop whoop!!

I’ve had a bad morning though as some evil person brought cookies and cakes into the office. I had half a cookie and made my colleague eat the rest. Feel really guilty but it was DELICIOUS so you just have to such it up I guess. I am fasting again tomorrow as I am then travelling on Thursday for work and I know I can’t face a trek through Heathrow and a couple of hours on a plane with an empty tummy and I will be worrying about what I can eat when I arrive. So swap the days around. I sooo want to drop into the 9st bracket this week. Let’s see if I can break the cycle of losing weight on the first fast day and not on the second.

Have a good day all fasting or not! No more sugary goodness for me today :))

Hey Marysia! What fantastic news!!! Well done! That’s quite an achievement! You know, I suggest you to not worry what to eat on the plane and during the business trip. Otherwise it’ll catch up with you, you’ll be too obsessed and you’ll be munching your way through to the plane. Been there, done it. Maybe you can enjoy just a lovely coffee/tea without the rest they usually offer in those coffee shops. Try not to think about what you could but shouldn’t eat. Take a few nuts and raisins (I take lots of sugar free mints with me) with you. And, well done on only eating half a cookie! That’s the hardest thing to do! And if you can do THAT, you can have a peaceful trip through Heathrow as well. I’m convinced! Try it and report later!! Good luck and stay strong! Think of your lovely clothes you want to wear!!!!!! And about what we all here would say if you came back saying, you’ve sinned… (just joking!) Make yourself proud! And us!!

oh, my fast day hasn’t been much of a fast day. Morning went well, lunch time went ok and then it deteriorated. Rapidly. I didn’t go totally overboard but instead of having some fruit I munched some chocolate with oreo biscuit in it and finished half a bar… Oooooh no! Now to dinner. I’ll be fine. Promised. Let’s see later on.

Arrrrr just wrote a long post and it’s not here !!
    Crux is I’ve had tummy upset so had up fast today… 3 weeks tomoz not smoking …
    Also got the 5:2 book some good recipes .

I was 1 1/2 lb lighter this week xx

Stay positive ladies xx

Hey anjpink, well done for three smoke free weeks!! And the lighter you, too!!! Sorry about your upset tum though. Hope you feel better soon!

Hey anjpink, congrads on the drop. I’m a bit overweighed and I tough that staying away from the added sugar and soda will be just fine, but if you really want to achieve something more you will need a plan or a diet. I recommend reading this article (http://www.iamfungry.com/why-is-paleorestart-effective-to-manage-health/)

Hello all, I think I need a buddy. I have done quite well in the past with fasting but family and work became quite stressful and I ended up giving up. However, I feel it’s time I gave it another go but I might find it easier with others for support.

Good morning folks,
    Eating half a cookie? OMG that is so good. I’m in awe of you. I couldn’t do it. On a food day, why not eat the whole thing? But, I don’t typically fall for sweet things-it’s the savory delights that undo my will power.
    Busymummy, remember tomorrow is another day and one tiny cookie isn’t so bad, right? I hope your FD ended on a high note.
    AND, any cigarette that goes unsmoked is a good one. So, if it’s a day, or a week, or even just an hour-if you’ve NOT smoked YAY. I know how hard it is as a former smoker, believe me. You can do it. Just think of the money you’ll save, too 🙂
    Anjpink, congrats on the weight loss. You’ll be loving the scale this week, eh? Me, I’m afraid of mine at the moment. I’ve been a mess this week emotionally and my fall back (out of habit) coping mechanism is to eat carbs and drink heavily. ARGH
    Someone smack me, please!
    Welcome HGM. You’ll find lots of buddies here. I did.

If you are fasting today stay strong. If you aren’t, stay strong and focused on those smaller clothes anyway. One day at a time. Go an hour at a time if needs be. Have a great day, all.

Lacie: smack! Lets make today a good day, without indulging in bad things. I hope to do the same upcoming days. To be good and not overeat. Drinking wont be a problem for me next days as I am off with my son. But emotions dont go away because of drinking, they just pop up as soonas you are baqck on your feet. It doesnt help so dont do it anymore! (And we’ll try to be as wise as our words 😉 )
    Lights of,time to go to sleep for me. Past midnight allready.
    HGM, welcome!

Thanks for the smackeroo, Ann247. I hope you are dreaming lovely dreams and wake up refreshed and feeling on top of the world.

I will not escape with food or drink tonight.
    If reality s**** today, tomorrow will be better if I let it!

Everyone-when you wake up think happy thoughts. Smile. Sing a song. Snog your partner!
    Have a great day 🙂

Hi HGM and Abby One, good to have you, we are all good buddies here, so, welcome! You’ll like it! I was really touched by all the support of people I don’t even know. And that makes the whole fasting so much more bearable.

Lacie, here comes another smack!! But I’m sure you won’t need it. Not really.

My FD ended quite ok. After enjoying my half a chocolate tablet (yes Lacie, I don’t do half biscuits either…) I had a bad tum… serves me right. So, I had a couple of cups of green tea and went to bed. That was it. Today my scales were good to me, showing a loss, ever so tiny but a loss. Pffff!

Now then, all you lovely people, enjoy the day. Here, it has finally stopped raining. I’ll keep busy and wish you all a great day! Stay focused and strong!! Bye for now!

Hi all, sounds like you are all trying hard, great to have so much support on this link. Marysia, well done for losing 7 pounds, how long did that take you? I’m trying to eat healthy on non fast days and generally watching what I eat when possible. My biggest problem is evening meals as I often work later than my husband so he will cook dinner (which of course I am incredibly grateful for) but he doesn’t do low fat, low sugar or anything diet wise. Understandably, he is not too happy if I don’t want to eat his food so I have to. I can’t/won’t be the cause of tension during our family meals. Still the scales remain the same for me, just wish I could lose SOME WEIGHT!!! Well, I’ll keep trying, good luck everyone and thanks for all your support

Hi Busymummy, good for you for ending the day good. Just picking it up before it really goes down. That is something I have to learn. Thank you fir this wise lesson 🙂
    Katser, can’t you tell your husband you want to eat different for a better you? Don’t you get support from him to lose weight? Perhaps you coulc prepare something healthy the night before, or in the morning. Something low fat, low carb, that anyone of the family cane eat, and be careful to what you serve as sidedish or portionwise yourself. Don’t take it bad, it is just a suggestion.
    As for me, the fastday went well, just above 500 kcal, and I had a short run (4km) and a dancing lesson. But this morning I weighed more than yesterday, and my eyes are swollen, so the mirror was not so kind. I looked 49 years old 🙁
    Well, going to pack and in a few hours of with my 17 year old son. Looking forward to some quality time here! Have a good fastday, of non fastday. Just be sure you take care of yourselves, love yourselves, and enjoy life more than the food 😉

Hey all, tummy is better today but it’s only 8.40.. Katser how about just eating half of what hubby cooks ? Least then it will be less, also the 5:2 book I got she suggests 2.5 days fast , so she will do her AD FAST then instead of the 3 day fast she won’t eat till 6 that eve as it’s usually a Friday then it will be usually take out pizza so she will still consume less calories. So katser try doing that when u know he’s cooking a meal that’s not so good for you ? Maybe have fruit n yogurt at lunch time then husband meal that night ? Just an idea xx so this week should be better for me as I fasted yesterday and am just going to eat lightly today x GOOD LUCK all this week x

Sorry abbyone, not into paying for a programme for support when we get it here from these lovely ladies for free

Anjpink, thank you, it’s really not too difficult. I am usually very focused on sweets and breads, cakes and biscuits. Anything sweet basically. And the more I thought I shouldn’t have it the more I wanted it. Fasting has taken that off me. Somehow. I don’t understand how but it works for me. When I have a fast day but crave sweet stuff I try to tell myself that I can have it tomorrow. But then the next day, I don’t feel this craving or this need to eat it anymore. And so I don’t eat it. As simple as that. It’s all psychological I guess: you want what you are not allowed. The next day you lose interest in eating it because now you are allowed. And I have to say I enjoy salads all the more now. Luckily it’s the spring season so loads of fresh salads around.

Katser12, I agree with Ann247 and anjpink. Have tried to explain to hubby how this FD works? My hubby was against it in the beginning. And when he cooks it’s always very rich food, cream, butter etc. But I tried to only pick out what I really felt like eating. He wasn’t amused. But now that he sees the result he is a lot more careful when cooking. He benefits from it physically too. He’s not a light weight… I’m sure yours will understand and adjust his cooking to your needs as well. He would benefit from it too!! Healthier body, healthier heart, healthier life!! Go for it, girl!! It’s your body! I’m sure your hubby would appreciate the healthier you, too!! Good luck!

Hi all, thank you so much for your great advice. Yes, I do try to only eat a smaller portion when hubby cooks. Despite trying to gently coax him to healthier eating, he’s very resistant. He is a great food lover and is very passionate about cooking (which is fantastic, don’t get me wrong) but he will NOT advocate fasting or anything remotely diet orientated. I know it sounds like I just make one excuse after another. I just want to stop being so pathetic and lose some weight. Did hour and half yoga today then walked my beautiful dog through the forest, it was beautiful. Took my measurements today (BIG MISTAKE), now I’m even MORE PARANOID about being fat!!!!!!!! So, fast day tomorrow. Good luck all and once again, thank you for your support

Oh, Katser, that’s a tough one. Do you think having half a portion is going to be ok with him? I don’t think you’re pathetic, not at all. You just decided to change something about yourself which I find amazing! It’s easier said than done. But we all need some help one way or another. Being passionate about cooking doesn’t mean risking your health (not as dramatic as it sounds) but surely he wants the best for you as well? Good luck!!

Greetings fellow 5:2ers 🙂
    I’ve just read through the newest posts, but I’m not so good at saying a little something to everyone as I wish I were. But, I’ll offer the following personal insight which I think speaks to all of us to one degree or another.
    I’ve been battling the bulge since I was in the 4th grade. I’ve lost and gained and lost and gained. I’ve loved myself, and hated myself. But in the past few years, I learned a lot . When I set my goals, they need to be realistic, and not what I think other people will see and love. But, what I will see and love.
    I’ve gotten down as low as 68 kilos, but I couldn’t enjoy life and maintain that. Now I’m waaaay over that (OK-truth time-85 kilos, but down from 90 *sniff sniff*) now. I’m just learning not to hate myself for it. I’m still the beautiful person inside that I always was.
    This WOL life is working, slowly and I still have blue days. Then I found you guys 🙂 and the blue days are fewer. And the fast days are becoming satisfying. This morning I was thinking of chucking in the fast for today-just one day, right? I already blew the week to smithereens, so there is always next week, right? NO Today is either the beginning of the end, or the beginning of a new stronger me. I choose option 2 🙂
    So, here I sit with my cup of delicious black coffee. Planning to get in some exercise, and enjoy the sunshine. Then I’m gonna have a pedicure! I have no idea what we’ll do for dinner, but that’s future lacie’s problem. Today I take it an hour at a time.
    Now I’m off-ipod is charged up with dancing music and sing-along songs. I’m off to sing like no one can hear, and dance like no one can see. To heck if ‘they’ don’t like it. I gotta do what I gotta do 🙂

Enjoy your day, afteroon, evening
    ta ta for now
    PS Sorry for the long post

Lacie, don’t apologise! I love reading your posts! You are so honest and positive! It’s contagious! Go and sing and dance!! Live is good and you only live once (as far as we know).Enjoy your day. Mine is over, I’m going to bed now, it’s past midnight and I had an ok day. Yep, not bad actually. Fasting tomorrow and being very very busy too! Hope that helps. Go lacie, melt those pounds away! Talk to you tomorrow, good night every one!!!

Holy cow!
    Despite my best efforts at self-sabotage, it appears I can not just put my jeans on, but I am sitting, too.
    I repeat, holy cow!

THAT’S JUST FAB-U-LOUS, lacie! Well done!!

Hey all, ok so non fast day yesterday and done quite well, ate under my cal allowance and you are right busymum i thought i can eat cake and bicuits etc today and forced myself to eat a twix finger .. WHY? i dont know just cos i could but it wasnt something desperatley craved i just thought you can have so HAVE IT.
    today is a fast although i have to be honest i have had chopped pineapple banana plum and a satusma with a few nuts 0% greek yogurt and a t spoon of honey.
    My meal tonight is 312 cals so today have prob gone over my 500… However tomorrow is FRIDAY whoooooop and i will fast until 6 tomorrow. AND be extra careful over the weekend i weigh on sunday morning?!?!?!

Lacie: Where are you from “4th Grade” makes me think US ? as you said it was Sunny 🙁 i am london and sunny was soooooo not happening here yesterday it was very windy grey and rain.

Today however is sunny with some white fluffy clouds warm-ish. However todya is also VOTING today, so a walk round my polling station is on the agenda, its only about 10 mins but its still a walk girls c’mon lol.

I also tried on my bikinis yesterday and they are looking better , not so much overhang on the whole hip department…. So my tummy bug has given me a good kick start this week and am hoping to be REEEEAAALLLY good not to put on what i have lost.

Will weigh in and let you lovely ladies know how its gone… Have a fabulous weekend…

KATSER —- stop being so hard on yourself…. Its ok to be a little down some days about weight “fat days” I have to say not once have i took that tape measure to myself i may as well tie it round my neck… i can tell by my clothes if i am a little “inchless” here and there. Throw the thing away although i know some of you girls do use it, if its just geting you down even more dont use it for a while and go by your clothes.
    AND another thing us ladies always say we are FAT i say it and people laugh and say “oh god your not FAT” its an image we have in our heads of the perfect figure… Mine is Eva Mendes anyone i would like to look like is her B*TCH ha ha ha, howver reality is i dont have $$$$$$$, my own stylist , someone to drag my ar5e out of bed every day and get me running, my own personal cook for my diet days,hairdresser, make up artist the list is endless. I am a small 14 large 12 and 5foot 4″ and YES i’d love to be an 8 i was an 8 wen i was 8yrs old its not going to happen so if i can go in any shop and buy a 12 and it looks ok that’s fine… I bet your not FAT Katser its that image of us pre : housewife, mum, dad, kids , school runs, busy bee lifestyles.
    Your doing just great Katser xxx

Anjpink, I am SOOO disappointed that you are just like us… I thought I could ask you to send me your personal trainer, your stylist, your personal chef etc over to whip me in shape. Well, I have to do it myself then… Well, I had a good fast day today. Just a little slice of bread for breakfast and a slice of chicken ham and an apple. Not bad. I am quite happy with that. I hope I can withstand the temptation of finishing the children’s dinner (fettucini with veg in tomato sauce, bacon bits). I have loads of salad in the fridge so, that’s for me! Hubby is out at a football club assembly and won’t be back for dinner (sigh of relief!! just food wise). We have a bank holiday tomorrow and are invited for nice French lunch at some friends’. I hope I can control myself. Next weigh in on Saturday. Or maybe already tomorrow morning. Anyway, I’ll let you honestly know! Enjoy the sunny evening! We had a lovely sunny and warm day here! Love to you all!

busymum if only that was the truth eh ??? i would be at the surgeons desk having it nipped tucked and sucked as i type 🙂
    I just feel sometimes we are a little tough on ourselves and the reality is we don’t deserve it, sometimes yes its nice to get a kick up the backside from you guys to help us back on the wagon and encourge each other, as we do like to hear we are all doing well.
    I gave into temptation tonight had a thorntons triple choc layered cake bar!!! only a single small thing but prob loaded with at least oooooo 150 cal’s…
    However tomorrow i am fasting till 6pm – ish and then doing sticky thai chicken with some pak choi thats one of the recipes in the 5:2 book and its around 290 cal just the chicken but pak choi cant be that much. i may add a spoonful of egg fried rice but im still going to be under a 1000 cals tomoz.

Just wanted to add that one of the nurses at work (yes we are on 24hrs a & e ) has just told me after the choc cake i have just totally blown it for today, my reply was ” at least i didnt eat all 6″ which i could of easily… So i am patting myself on the back for that one Ladies.

Can I get an hallelujah! I totally blew it this week and, lo and behold, no damage. The scales moved neither up or down. For once that makes me very happy 🙂 It was a week full of low lows and high highs. Funnily enough, I found myself wanting to eat for each. ?? Emotions are so messy.

Anj, yes, I was born in the States, but live in Sydney now where we’ve just had lots of rain for lots of days. But the sun is back now. I much prefer exercising out of doors-power walking-than being in a musty, smelly old gym.

Kat? Here’s what I do when my hubsand is frustrated at the lack of carbs and/or wine. I give him his, and fill my plate with veg or salad and my glass with water so there’s literally no room for the bad extras. I promise myself that if I finish, I can have some. I’m nearly always too full by that time. And sometimes, I have a snack just before he gets home-banana, orange, etc-so I’m not hungry for dinner.

Fast day yesterday and I was in the City smelling so many lovely things. Hubby had his latte-I ordered peppermint tea.

I agree with the notion that on fast days, I want everything. Food days, it seems easier to resist. What’s up with that!

Why is it that lost weight always seems to find me again? I never seem to really lose it; it just gets misplaced for a while. ARGH

Anjpink, don’t worry too much about a chocolate bar, if it’s 50 or 150 cals. If it makes you feel better, at least a bit, then it’s fine. Good for you that you resisted the other 5 bars! I think that’s one step into the right direction! At some point you will then say, I’ll have it but only half of it. Once the craving is satisfied you’ll be fine and don’t need more. And don’t listen to others. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t even talk about it at work. But that’s me. And you certainly didn’t blow it by just eating one bar. I had a fast day and finished it with a piece of chocolate brownie. So what! Maybe I had more that 500 cals, but guess what, tomorrow is another day and I will be a bit more careful. As you said, anjpink, it comes and goes with our emotions. I am terrible when I have my period. Nothing works, I have no willpower then. So let’s wait and see and hopefully I grow stronger every time. And you will too!! No doubt. Go for it and have a good fast day!! Keep posting! Good night!

Another little success for me, weigh-in said: I managed to get below the 10st mark!!! Yeah!!! 9,9 in fact but still below!! I tried my old jeans on from 5 years ago when I did a very gruelling and unsustainable diet. I had lost a lot in a short time, bought a new pair of jeans, hoping they will fit me forever… But like you said, lacie, the lost weight found me again too. So yesterday was the first time that I tried them on and, I could even zip them up! There’s still a sizable overhang but that was covered with a nice floaty blouse!! Now, I’ve got to go, Saturdays are very busy days here in our family. Football, horse riding, party preparations for tomorrow. We’ll have over 50 people here with kids and all…. Hope it won’t rain again!! Fingers crossed!

Have a lovely weekend, you lot! Enjoy the great outdoors if you can!

Busymummy, well done! You are doing great, steady and progressive weightloss, you must feel good about that! I hope you had a good weekend. Tomorrow big party, whats the event? Here we celebrate mothers Day, but That will surely not be the reason for your party. So another challenge,mI guess, with food and drinks etc?
    I am a bit scared to step on the scale after my two days away with my son. Copious breakfast and dinner…. Don’t think I used that much energy these past days. I need to pick it up again. Think about a fast for monday. And I will try to be careful tomorrow. Don’t know about tonight however. Feel like a crave coming up and just not so much willpower to say no. Just want to treat myself…. Everyone told me I looked skinny (friends) and slim (my sons) but I feel fat. Have the feeling I gained weight and it’s all on my tummy and back and waist.
    Lacie, I so understand what you are saying. I can be so good with food and drinks, but I can be SO BAD with food and drinks 🙁 I do hate that in myself. I hate it that it is stronger than me. So I have to kick my ass again, and put my teeth in it. I want to do a rehab on sweets. Because that is the biggest problem, and I know from the past that if you don’t eat anything sweet for a long time, your cravings disappear. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? Oh by the way… Allthough sweets and chocolate in particular is my biggest problem, I love spicy and whats the word in English? Things like cheese, olives, dried tomatoes, tapas etc more than anything. Isn’t that strange? I don’t have the problem with overeating with them (ok, sometimes I do, when I have drank too much licor)
    Ok…. Please help me with this. I WILL NOT EAT SWEETS FROM MONDAY ON (sorry, think tomorrow will bring some sweets to me…) OTHERWISE I GET PUNNISHED BY …(suggestions?, help me, what could be a good warning. I should be whipped in public, that would be a good one to motivate me….pffffffff)
    I hope you all had a no-stress no-worries weekend, because all this thinking makes me a candidate for botox because of the frowning. I feel like 49 years old :-(.

And sorry for the monologue but hubby is away and when we have contact he is tired after a long day of meetings, I am tired because it is time to go to bed, and I have been waiting all day for his call, well, the conversation is never as I hope it will be… 😉 again, sorry…. I know I make abuse of you 😀

Daft question: does anyone know how to adjust this forum so that it shows the most recent posts first?

Ann247 – I so can identify with you, and as for the punishment I’d volunteer to take part in the whipping one particulary, if it helps 🙂 . Me first though , as age has priority..And I’m half past 25 or so old.. Seriously. Food do taste so much better than sweets, and it’s when I’ve been to busy for my own good, amd the days after a fast that I’m the most vulnerable as that’s when I’m so physically unwell and for some reason my brain thinks that a bit of sugar will fix it all. I know it’s not true, but I buy it times over.. Not only a fat body, but also a thick head is my predicament. Having said that, I try to be kind to myself, and hope that’s the winning atrategy in the long run..

Have been away quite a bit, and will be gone for the next 3 weeks too. Be kind and extend buckest of grace to yourselves. Will miss your chat’s as they make me giggle and smile for the wonderful ways you share, and that is so encouraging as I don’t feel I’m just struggling along on my own ..

Happy Monday Fast Day folks,
    It is I, lacie, after being “offline” for a couple days. I missed reading your posts…the happy-busymummy, well done on reaching a new number range. I LOVE when I hit a new wobble mark. I’m hanging out for an 84 point ANYTHING down from a steady 85 (kilos). What a great feeling for you. You show great strength and determination. It’s inspiring.
    …and frustrated. I relate to both. If you really think you need a good flogging Ann247, I’m happy to help. I’ve asked for a few smacks and slaps myself. Last night, after an ok weekend, something came over me and I knew that I was gonna blow it. I knew it deep in my bones. I brushed my teeth. I drank a glass of water. I thought about being strong, about not wanting to undo all the good I’d done. To no avail.
    I reckon the best thing would have been to answer one question “What would I gain by having a bit of a pig-out?” Clearly, I didn’t want to know. I mean, I do know. My weight is my armor, my shield, my protection. I think I may, rather than work on a punishment system, find a way to reward being good. Any suggestions that do not involve food?
    Enough of that-Ann247, you are definitely not alone. I so get it. My hubby travels a lot for work, too. It’s hard. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Love yourself. Look at how much you’ve already accomplished. Stay here with us and draw strength from us. We are here to help.
    I’m happily fasting today. Dinner TBD. I’m thinking steamed spinach leaves topped with seared tuna steak, tomato, red pepper, and fresh thyme. I don’t bother eating during the day. It just makes me hungry! haha I’ll stay busy-Dr appointment, returning library books, laundry (Fun NOT), a bit of work, etc.
    Have a good day all. Stay strong. We can do it!
    ta ta for now

oops.. JohnAnne, I hope that your post-fast days start feeling better. It turns out that those are my finest, strongest days, finally. My being over 50 makes weight loss very difficult, indeed. Good luck and stay strong while you are away.

Thanks lacie and ann247! After our lovely summer party afternoon where I hardly ate or drank due to relentlessly serving over 50 adults and kids, I thought I might have lost another pound or so. No. ‘course not, I had some cheese and vino in the evening, after everyone was gone. So this morning it was a pound more rather than less. Oh, well.
    Tell you what, Ann247 and JohnAnne, I have tried to fight my sweet cravings for years. Nothing is more difficult than giving up sugar. It’s an addiction. Seriously. Now, I have followed the Dukan diet for a while. It’s all about proteins. I have to say I didn’t like that diet, too restrictive. But the upside is, my sugar cravings have dramatically diminished. I wouldn’t suggest anyone doing the diet, it’s too one sided. but maybe you could try to have a day with more proteins and veg/salads and LOTS of water and green tea. I found that my cravings for sweets went rather fast after that.! Just a thought. Hope you’re all doing well. Don’t beat yourselves up over putting on weight after a nice loss. It’s all a matter of mind over body. Not easy.
    I hope I don’t sound smug or silly but I am happy to have finally lost some weight. However, I am weak at times too. I slipped into a choccie frenzie last week. Not funny. So I paid for it the next morning. But you know, you balance things out over the following days and it’s ok again. I think that’s the point of this regime. Balancing days of lots of food out with others with less. We try and learn. As long as we don’t fall off the wagon completely you’ll be good! Now, after our party yesterday, I have to get into cleaning the house, garden, bring bin bags to the tip and so on. It was our annual after-ski-season get-together. Really lovely, we had the best sunshine, it was hot and the air smelled of sweet wisteria and lilac. Perfect weekend!
    I wish you all a good week ahead! Think forward, not back! Today’s another day!! Good luck to all you fasters today! It’ll be my turn tomorrow. Take care!

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.