Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 568 total)

• Hi busymummynell, that’s a fabulous result, well done!!! I’m going to do the six week fast diet and am really trying to stick to it this time. We are off to France for summer holiday. We’re going to Ganges, Cazilhac. Do you know the area? Keep doing well, and keep us posted.

Hi Marysia40, that’s awesome!!! I’m doing the beach diet too, only on day 2 of first week but want to shift 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks. It’s not easy but I think, for me, keeping busy helps to take my mind off it. Had a real humdinger of a headache yesterday, even though I made sure I drank plenty, but the real bonus was I slept like a baby for the first time in ages!!! I think probably my goal is a bit unrealistic for 6 wks but I am determined to try. Good luck with your fast, let us know how you do….

Hi katser12, thank you very much. I don’t know that area, we usually go to the Languedoc Roussillion area on holidays. Are you going by car down on the A75? If so, try to have a stop-over in the Auvergne. I went there with my daughter’s class last year. It’s very beautiful. It’s very green and has soft hills. They are actually volcanos! The little villages there are most beautiful and tucked away between the mountains, although their mountains aren’t as high as “ours” here… 😉 . I’ve got a book about the Auvergne if you need any infos. Don’t hesitate! I’ve almost finished my fast day and did actually not too bad. Tomorrow I’ll be busy scrubbing our rental flat before handing it back to the owners. So, keep busy and talk to you tomorrow!!

Hi busymummynell, just wanted to say,, we ARE going to the Languedoc roussillion region, Ganges, apparently, is in that area. Will certainly look up Auvergne, sounds amazing, thanks for the advice. Good luck with your fasting this week and happy cleaning!!

Hi Katser, enjoy your trip. We love France, and have visited the Languedoc often. Last year we have camped in the Ardeche region, that also is great!
    Today is my fastday, and allthough it is not even lunchtime, I am having trouble. I wish the day had ended allready. Hungry and eager to eat!
    Good luck to all of you

Fasting went well, thanks, Katser, I’ve tried to go onto the treadmill but lasted only about 6 or 7 minutes… But I worked in the garden a bit, digging the veg patch. Now I have to motivate my daughter to get away from the tv and the computer and do something in the garden with me. That’s going to be the toughest job a mother has to do during the holidays. Wish me luck. And enjoy fasting, hope you all have the same lovely sunshine as we do!!

Marysia40 – what a fantastic result. You must be really pleased.

My fast day went well yesterday – had breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch and then nothing until breakfast time today.

I’m really hungry today but I’m resisting the urge to eat chocolate!! I’m going to have a look at the Beach Diet.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Good for you, sweetpea24, resist the call of the chocolate!! I’m between two fast days and try very hard to resist it. Fasting again tomorrow and Saturday I have my next weigh in. Keep fingers crossed. It NEEDS to come down at some point!

Sweetpea and katser…thank you, yes I am pleased indeed! I have had a tougher day today but mainly because I had a late night and whilst I slept well I didn’t have enough. So it’s just made today a slog. But i’ve done it. The only snack I had was a piece of celery with some peanut butter 🙂 tomorrow is another day and it’s my second fast do I can weigh in again on Friday!

There is a good write up by Mimmi in the Daily Mail which available on their web sit eif you just Google fats beech diet. It has everything you need to know. I bought the book too as it has some recipes and menu ideas.

Inappropriate predictive text in my posting…FAST diet not FATS…oops

Good morning all. Thank you all for being so encouraging. You are so right-4kg is better than no kilos. A couple more and I’ll be able to wear my jeans again and sit down. Maybe. It’s been a pretty spectacular fall from grace for me 🙁
    I had the worst fast day EVER Wednesday. It was such a misery that I had a half cup of chicken soup (homemade, no hidden calories) at noon. I usually wait until dinner. I wasn’t hungry either-I was simply cranky. I stuck it out and lo and behold the scales had dropped the next day. Go figure. No pain. No gain?
    Had dinner guests last night-when the wine bottle floated over my half-full glass, my hand beat it. One glass was more than enough. AND-wait for it-I stopped eating with half of my plate still full. I had had enough. OMG What a stunner. (I am a really good cook-this food deliciousness times ten). Then slept like a baby.
    Maybe you guys helped me push past a barrier rather than give up.
    Thank you thank you thank you!
    Good luck to today’s fasters. Keep fighting the good fight.
    And busymummy? Gosh, well done!
    More tomorrow. Must chase my 4 yr old grandson around the place 🙂

Hi all, and welcome to those of you who are new since last time I checked in Congrats on losses of inches and lb, And even more so for determinaton to carry on inspite of ups and downs, that impresses and encourages me more than a story of an easy ride . YOU CAN DO IT !!
    I’ve started my thyroid addapted 4:3 . Had mainly raw veggies yesterday (like ‘coleslaw’- but no dressing on it), and our take on taco for dinner: 100 g of minced pork, taco sauce and ‘colelaw ‘. Wasn’t too bad a day as I was away from the house most of the day before we headed for our cabin further south. Always make a meny and bring my groceries and have every opportunity to be sensible when planning. Trouble is that HB always need to bring lots of sweets, and they keep calling my name. Having confessed to this, maybe you could ask me how I’m relating to his chocolate : giving in or staying off ….

Wishing you all a wonderful day and weekend,

Lacie, well done you!! I think you showed some mean determination!! See, you CAN do it! I have still two kilos to lose to be where I want to be but if another kilo dropps off, I wouldn’t be too sad!

Hi JohnAnne, Well done for you too to stay off the sweets and choccies (I think that’s what you did!!)! However, I have the odd little piece of chocolate or a sweetie on a fast day. I have a box of little sweet treats, the perfect size to just nibble on one without “having to finish” a whole tablet of chocolate… How is your 4:3 going? Are you following a special diet regarding your thyroid? I made a very green fat burning soup yesterday, hardly any fat in it. I had a liter of chicken stock and popped into that cooked onion and garlic, added some fresh spinach, courgettes, leeks, carrot, green cabbage and broccoli and let it simmer for a bit. Then I pureed it. Have to say, it tastes very nice. So I froze it in portions for the next fast days. I also bought some low fat cottage cheese today. Anything that fills me up is welcome.

Now, have a wonderful and hopefully sunny weekend everyone! Don’t go overboard! And keep posting! Good luck!

Hi all…well no more lbs shifted after my second fast of the week but 1/2 inch off my waist. I am struggling with the thought of a whole kid free weekend ahead with no alcohol!! I think if I can get through this evening then it will be ok as we are planning a cinema outing tomorrow evening. Just look forward to our Fridays on our own(we have 4 kids between us from previous marriages so have them all every other weekend and my 2 live with us) and they always involve a few drinks!!

But I must be strong right? It will be worth it right?? Lol!

Have a good weekend all!

Bit disappointed. Hoped someone would give me a kick in the but, but ow well, I don’t need it for now. Ate all the chocolate I could find and some cookies, I was just not oke with myself, and did this help? Eh…no, but it was my way of handling negative feelings. Next week a better week, I hope. See you in a few days… Have a good weekend all.

Well, Marysia, good luck with your weekend! My hubby just said, fancy a glass of rose? Hmmm, I do, but I try to limit myself. I find it extremely difficult from time to time.

So, Ann247, you’re not alone! But, feel kicked anyway 😉 . I hope you’ll kick my backside too when I’ve eaten all my cookies and sweets!!! Don’t beat yourself up over it. Happens to the best of us and there’s always next week! Stay as strong as you possibly can and if you indulge a bit, try to limit yourself a bit and have a little bit of everything. I know it’s hard but worth a try!! Good luck and enjoy the weekend, everyone!! (Oh, here come the crisps and peanuts, oh, please let me stay strong…)

Good morning all. I made it through a Friday night, watching hubby hoe into a take out container of fish and chips. UGH I had a reasonable non-fast day, although I did indulge in a piece of fudge and an Anzac biscuit. So, having a miss on dinner didn’t hurt too badly. Go figure. Here I am nearly 8 weeks in, losing weight but s l o w l y and suddenly “getting it”. Food has lost some of its power over me. With 10kg still to go, I’m beginning to feel a glimmer of hope. If only had a mere 2 to go.

Ann247, this is for you *kick* However, I know the feeling. I’ve been there. I’ve done it. I can find bad things to indulge in in the most innovative ways! And I do it when I’d mad, or sad, or…
    For me, self-recriminations do not help. They make it worse. I’m trying to learn to forgive myself. Sometimes I even manage it 🙂 You are not alone.

Busymummy, thanks for the encouragement. I felt neither mean nor determined. I just felt MEAN. Cranky. Unappealing. I did a lot of hiding in the bedroom with a book. At any rate, it got me through. Oddly, I am waiting for Monday-my next fast day. I say again, go figure.

Well, I’m off to the gym. Everyone, have a good day. Eat well. Stay strong. Keep up the good work.

hey all my first week over with and i jumped on the scales this morning and lost 2 lbs so its good and im happy 🙂
    i am going to make a carrot and butternut squash soup later today fro my fast day tomorrow, i also got a free soup to try from the 5:2 kitchen scotch broth.

I have eaten reasonably well throughout the week, have still had a bit of choccie but no alcohol and still of the fags too, that’ll be 2 weeks wednesday no smoking.

i am now 11st 1 lb i would like to break into 10st by next week so think its going to be a soup fast days next week, i might try and do 3 day fast next week.
    Monday here we come!!

Just came back from a weekend away with friends, party,drinks and food galore. But,I did well enough not to indulge too much. I am reasonably proud. I’ll be good tomorrow and fast on Tuesday. Good on Wednesday and good on Thursday and Friday too… That’s at least the plan. I’ll keep you posted! Been grazing a bit this evening, but hope it’s not too bad. Early night for the whole family due to massif lack of sleep last night and so avoiding further munching and drinking. That’s another good plan. Let’s see. Have a nice evening everyone!!

Lacie, well done for losing weight although hubby got that lovely fish and chips… Well done!

And anjpink, you should be so proud too for staying away from fags and drinks!! Weekends can be so trying. Well done!

Good morning!
    It’s Monday and fast day. Oddly, I’m starting to look forward to these days. Not that I’d want to do it any more than twice a week, mind you. Does anyone else look on fast days as a kind of relief-not having to think about food, just being able to get on with life?
    My non-fast days sometimes feel more a struggle to make good choices rather than not to have to make any choice at all as on fast days. I guess I need to STOP WORRYING and relax which is the point of this WOL in the first place, right?
    What are everyone’s views on exercise? I’m flogging my guts out at the gym most days. It seems that combining that calorie deficit with the calorie deficit of the fast days should cause the fat to be dripping off of me which is not happening. UGH

Anjpink-well done on the not smoking! I’m a former smoker. It does get easier.
    Busymummy-as usual, you are an inspiring cheerleader. Glad you had a good weekend.

I’m off to walk my errands rather than drive. The sun is shining for a change!

Thank you, Lacie, you’re very kind! I feel oddly the same about fast days and non fast days. I am actually looking forward to tomorrow, my next fast day. I’ve made a lovely and very green soup on Friday that I’ll defrost tomorrow. It’s all green veg in chicken stock. Really nice. I’ve found it on the internet under “fat burning soups”. Will see. I need to do more exercises myself. I encourage my children to move around more but forget about myself. So, I’ll try to go for a nice long walk after lunch. Have a good day everyone!!

Oh my Lord, this diet is so frustrating……. Want to be the bearer of good news but….between Mon and Sat scales showed a loss of 3 lbs (yeah!!!), having fasted for three days, broke fast Sat evening, had a curry with friends and 2 glasses of Rose, then Sun, had a ‘fry up’ and then chicken with vegetables in evening (and a bit of chocolate, naughty) then weighed this morning and………BACK TO SQUARE ONE!!!!!!!Am so gutted, think the only way for me is JUST DON’T EAT!!!!! Worked really hard in garden too and walked dog daily and yoga twice weekly. Where, oh where, am I going wrong? Hope you are all doing well…….

Morning all! Happy fast day for those of you doing so today…and yes I agree sometimes fast days are easier than non fast days!

Katser…have you measured yourself? That’s really important too! We have to TRY (she says!!) not to be slaves to our scales but think about how we feel too! I jumped on yesterday am to discover 2lbs had crept back.on but that shouldn’t be too surprising considering Thursday was my last fast. And I know that I feel a gazillion times better than when I started.

So maybe measure and take note of how your clothes feel?

So I made it through the weekene…I had ONE glass of wine on Saturday night when we went out for a bite to eat. I ordered a salad to start and a main course salad. No dessert. My other half was so impressed at me ordering two salads. We had eaten a cooked (but healthy) breakie at 10am after my 5K run. I was then decorating the rest of the day and took the dog for a walk so I was starving (skipped lunch) hungry but can honestly say I walked away from the restaurant satisfied and not at all hungry. So I felt really rather smug. And no nasty wine head yesterday am!! Skipped lunch again yesterday without feeling ravenous. And fasting today.

Let’s see what the results are tomorrow am!

Have a good day all….and we must remember to use the carrot and not the stick! Don’t beat yourselves up people! We are actively doing something about our weight 🙂

well done, Marysia! You’re right, measuring is important as you see a difference there too! I have to say, I don’t lose weight easily and have to either cut back dramatically food wise or move more excessively. Both at the same time would be perfect but my head doesn’t “let” me do that… 🙁 . I’ll keep on convincing myself though.

Katser, I find myself like you gaining weight after a weekend. I have tried this weekend to eat only half a portion of what I normally would eat with friends. And it works well. I wasn’t hungry after dinner and I didn’t feel overly full either. So that seems to work. My problem with restaurant food is that their portions are toooooo big. I hate wasting food therefore I eat it. No more I say! Half a portion is half the calories without starving yourself. Try it and let me know if that works for you too!! Good luck!!

katser… i soooo know wht you mean!!weighed in on sunday morning lost 2 lb weighed this morning put on 2 1/4 pound ?!?!?! weighed more this week than last.

To say i was peeved was about right. WHY ? i hve fasted today and have not lost faith. I am thinking of doing the fast kitchen for 3 weeks… i orderd one of the free samples got the scotch broth soup and have to say its really nice. I made my own soup tonight carrot and butternut it was good.

i am keeping at this for this week and i have really got to try not to be a secret weigh-er if not i’m going to have to get another set and use them as shoes?!?!?!

I am doing plum ofr brekkie tomoz soup at lunch and beans on toast (no butter) with poached eggs for tea thats below my tdee of 1600

Wednesday is going to be my next fast although i am working through the night so may have to postpone that till thursday? or just take it really easy…

so advice on that one for me, i will fast on wednesday once i hit midnight thursday is that a “new” day and i can eat?
    OR do i wait until 7 ish and have breakfst?

Greetings all 🙂
    I also get frustrated when it looks as though I’ve gained weight seemingly overnight. That is why I’ve moved to weighing weekly only. The day after my second fast. Our weight (or at least mine) fluctuates wildly for so many reasons. I figure once a week, same time, same conditions, will give me a “real” figure. I just have to keep the faith all the other days. And yes, using the fit of clothing is a truer indicator of change, isn’t it?
    Then why, after 7 1/2 weeks am I not able to sit in my jeans? Maybe I just was BIGGER than I thought when I started. *sigh* I was afraid of my measurements. I knew what I weighed (I think) but the rest was too awful. I didn’t want to know. Silly me!
    So, I don’t think any of us is “going wrong”. Perhaps it’s just a matter of expecting miracles when we need to think like the tortoise rather than the hare. Slow and steady will win the race.
    If you are fasting today, good luck. If not-don’t worry over much. Relax, take small bites, savor, and enjoy while you can! (Oh my look at me-usually so wired and tense-being all zen. What?!)

Hi all, I feel just like you too, katser, anjpink, lacie and all you out there who feel like this. I’m trying to be good on eat days and at the end of the weekend I’ve PUT ON weight. It’s frustrating but I’m stubborn, I’m not giving up. But at the same time I don’t know how to get off this plateau. I’ve been on 64kg plus or minus 1,5 pounds for seemingly ever. I can’t get the last pounds to shift. I must be wrong with my TDEE somehow because I’m moving around more than before but it doesn’t do much. I can’t live of salads all the time. If you find out what to do please let me know! Greetings from a slightly more frustrated busymummy nell…

Oh boy. What to do when all of the cheerleaders are flat? LOL Keep on trucking, I guess.
    I find that if I work hard on fast days as well as non-fast days, it all goes pear-shaped (kinda like my A**). Hubby says to relax on non-fast days. Just a little bit. I have a few foods on my ‘never eat these’ list. Like anything deep fried, sausage rolls, meat pies, alfredo sauce. Mostly because they never seem to deliver on their promise of yumminess. But they never fail to deliver the extra pounds. Most everything else is ok in moderation.
    Anyhow, I’m having a day today too. Yesterday was my first fast of the week, and today I feel absolutely insatiable. And all I want is carbs. Addiction rearing its ugly head, or my body talking to me? Or stress at too much on my to do list and a feeling of time passing far too quickly? And I started the day so zen-like and controlled. Sheesh. Someone slap me, please?

Oh lacie, I slap you if you slap me!! I’m fasting now and it’s kinda ok. So far. But it’s onlu 10 am!! I’ve planned to do some exercise today, then light lunch, a nice long walk after lunch (if it doesn’t rain) and then a lovely green homemade soup. Let’s see. I have to push myself hard to move. I’m to darn lazy… Push me please, someone!!

Right i’ll take on the Cheerleading role ladies!! Come on now you can all do this!!! Yes it’s tough, but it’s not impossible.

Lacie…you are 100% right about weighing less frequently. If we are fasting twice a week and eating in between then of course our weight will fluctuate. But the goal is the end result of being thinner, lower measurements, smaller dress sizes maybe and most important being far more healthy!!!

And you are also right that we are tortoises not hares. If we wanted super fast weight loss then we are on the wrong diet. The thing is the fast weight loss plans are totally unsustainable. This, my friends, is a lifestyle.

So think about things other than what the scales say. We KNOW that eating a tonne of carbs will just give us a short lived high. Eat some fruit instead and it will last you sooo much longer!

Can I get out of the pulpit now?! :)))

I would highly recommend the 5:2 Beach diet book Mimmi wrote. Even if you don’t follow it strictly there are some great tips and its super motivating. Might give you a fresh way of thinking about the diet. It has certainly helped me. I lost another pound this am after my first fast of the week. And I feel really very good. Loads of energy, my skin is clearer and I am sleeping like a baby. I am well on my way to my holiday target and the bikini is hanging on front of my wardrobe as a reminder!! Silly but it helps 🙂

Cheerleader…standing down.

Wow, Marysia, that was impressive! You are a great cheerleader! I feel so much better now! Thanks. I’ve been very good today. I was working out this morning, had lots of cold water and green tea, not to forget the coffee. I’m munching on an apple and some cottage cheese while reading this, planning my next activity this afternoon. I had a rather bad night as the rain was hammering down on my velux window. But tonight will be better. So, for now, I feel so much better. Hope you all do too!!!

Hi Marysia40 and thank you so much for much needed support and advice. I haven’t measured myself, too scared…………….however, am back on track and am ‘sort of’ following the Beach version fast diet. Am really going for it this week but my gorgeous older son turns 17 on thurs so am sure to be celebrating…whoop, whoop…Hope bussymummynell that you are doing well and good luck to all you lovely fasters out there…we CAN do this

Wat could be the reason that my posts don’t apprear? I was a bit surprised to see that. I too have tried to kick your but, but my post is nowhere. That is not the first time too. Strange….

Did anyone hear that huge THUMP and feel the earth quiver last night?
    That was me-enjoying a spectacular fall from grace. Yes, I made chicken nuggets (baked not fried) and a spinach salad for dinner. But, the wine. Ahhh yes. Wine. Which triggered a need for sweets-I really have got to find a new hobby. It’s just, I’m really a gifted baker/cook. And I love doing it. I knew I should have given the (salted caramel and white chocolate) fudge to the neighbors or sent it to work with hubby. OK. I’m done purging my soul. (Now I have to purge the fridge of the remaining fudge)

Today, rather than a day of self-flagellation, I will simply dust myself off and start again by making good choices, staying busy and getting some exercise.

Marysia, thanks for the pep talk. You’ve done well. I’m sure you’ll be in the bikini soon.
    And busymummy-SLAP! Though it looks like you didn’t need it after all. Good on ya 🙂
    katser, yes you’re right. We can do this.
    RAH RAH SHISH BOOM BAH 🙂

Lol Lacie, at least you enjoyed your treat immensely, thatcounts for something 😉 But for today: keep on track, you can do it! Be good just for this day, you can tell yourself: after this day I can have whatever I want. Then try to repeat that everyday. That is the key and the most difficult thing to do.
    Yesterday I had promissed myself: yes, you can buy the chocolate, but you can ‘t eat it. (i still had chocolate hidden away, but anyway…addicted as I am… :-() I bought the chocolate (800 grams, no kidding, 4 packets of delicious cote d’or praline chocolate mjummmmm). But I was good, went to bed early, with just 640 kcal in) and today I almost kissed the scale :-). I know after an ‘almost fast’ the number doesn’t say too much but still, after the weekend I feared I would weigh back much more. I even get used to my sagging boobs 🙂
    Katser, do your measurements. They also are just a number, but they ARE a number that fairly good can tell your body is improving, more than the scale. And don’t focus on just the waist, but do your hips and thigh also. You will be glad to have done itafterwards!
    Busymummy: how was your fast?
    Everyone, have a good day!

Hi katser, ann247 and lacie and all you otheres out there!! I must say, I had a rather good fast day yesterday. I kept myself very busy to not think about food all the time. I find it strange somehow, that every time I’m fasting things like chocolate bars, biscuits and other calorific foods want to jump at me to be eaten… But I stayed focused. Even when I came home from a meeting at nearly 11pm, finding hubby there on the sofa with a bottle of vino I stayed strong. !!! For once I said to myself, not today, tomorrow. I also went on the treadmill and for a walk!! Next weigh-in on Friday. I think if we have to have something naughty or “off the TDEE list”, have it, but don’t have the whole lot. Focus on a bit and tell yourselves the rest is for tomorrow. I try to make myself something bitter like a rice cake with marmite (takes the craving for sweets away) and a cup of green tea helps too. Try it and let me know. By the way, my green soup was great! It had a little bitter taste, just a little, but enough to fill me up and not wanting more. Give that a try too! Good luck with today if you’re fasting!!! I’m determined now to stay focused. Go for it!!!

Greetings fellow dieters,
    Ann247, I like your idea of telling myself “It’s just for today” everyday. I will try that. And busymummy, the soup sounds good. You just put all your greens from the fridge into some chicken stock or what?
    While you guys have sweet addictions, I will always ALWAYS choose salty things or cheese over chocolate any day of the week. Maybe instead of the rice cake and vegemite, I ought to try a piece of 85% chocolate. hahaha
    I found out why I was so in need of carbs a couple days ago-I’ve got an awful head and chest cold which I hope doesn’t turn into a true flu. Even so, today is a fast day and against my darling husband’s wishes that I not fast, I can’t help it. It’s become a habit YAY. So, here I sit drowning myself in chamomile tea and grapefruit juice. teehee
    If you’re fasting, or about to, keep strong. Try to be creative with what you do with your calorie allowance-herbs, spices, lots of different veggies…
    I know I’m newish to the conversation here, but you guys have gotten me over a rough patch and I thank you. Typical of me, when I’m near to really making a difference, I fall off the wagon. Again. Not this time!

Thank you all!

Hi lacie, I like to read your posts, they are always encouraging and cheerful! Thank you! Now, the soup. I used some ready made chicken stock and chucked all kinds of greens into the pan: cabbage leaves, leek, broccoli, spinach. I separately cooked onion and garlic (we eat tons of it on a daily basis 😉 ). Put all into a big pan, cover it with stock and simmer it. After a while I blitz it with a moulinex and hey presto! It’s very green but nice. You can add all sorts of spices if you like it. I’ll add some chilies to it next time, it’s supposed to speed up your metabolism, and loads of green tea.
    I’m fasting today and have my soup ready. Who else is fasting today? After a good non fast day yesterday I really want to stick to it. But I kind of worry about the weekend. We are out with friends…….
    Lacie, stay with us!!! You’re encouraging and you won’t fall off!!!!! I know that! Now, have a good day everyone and keep the munchies at bay! Talk later, need to tend to my sickly boy.

Morning all!

Yep fast day for me today. And I am trying a no breakfast fast so won’t eat until dinner this evening which is the Vietnamese baked sea bass from the recipe book. Looks delicious so will report! I used to do this method when I first got on the 5:2 wagon and I found it easier to not want anything since I feel once I eat something I just want more. But lately I had been doing breakfast and dinner. I have some miss soup which Mimmi recommends so might drink that later if I am desperate.

Lacie…one point I noticed in your post. Your drinking grapefruit juice? Is it worth checking on that as the beach diet book certainly advices against juices entirely since they are actually high in sugar. I don’t know about grapefruit itself but you might want to look into it as it could be a disguised 5:2 demon :)) don’t wish to sound like a smarty pants or a kill joy of its getting you through your fast but just in case!!

Glad you had a good non fast day yesterday busymummy! I think it helps going into a fast knowing your halo is intact 🙂 i’m worried about the weekend too since its a bank holiday! Fortunately we don’t have any big plans but it would normally mean plenty of wine between the two of us at dinner at the very least. I’m just going to try and enjoy the no jaded feeling in the mornings instead and I have a tonne of decorating and studying to do!!

Well have a good day all…we’re all doing great!! Weigh in for me tomorrow and I am actually looking forward to seeing the results!

Lacie, don’t fall, and when you do, call for help and we’ll get you back on the horse! Because the result may come slowly, but when the good days outweigh the bad days you will see progress! This way of eating makes it possible to loose pounds fat, not so much on muscle, and that is better for your figure than the opposite. Busymummy, I wish you a good fastday. Good you allready have your soup ready as your care is needed for your son. Hope he gets better soon! Katser, how are you doing on your alternative plan? Stay strong, and try to stay away from the food even on party. You will feel better about yourself afterwards!
    Marysia, it sounds as if you allready found a good way to deal with it all. Hope we will make this another positive day!

You are so positive, Ann247 and Marysia, thanks for sharing this with us! I had an ok day. Felt very hungry since this morning and I found it sooooo hard staying at home with my son without munching and moving. Specially because I didn’t have much to eat yesterday. He was all cuddely this morning but as the day progressed he was his old self again. What a relief! But I’ve had a few munchies anyway. Not fallen off the wagon but had more than I wanted. Well, tomorrow is another day! Will go to bed early to avoid further problems! Talk to you tomorrow, girls!

Hi all, not fasting today as my baby boy turns 17!!!!! Wow, I do feel old!! Feeling quite emotional actually, is that odd? Whilst I am celebrating the fact that he’s turning into a wonderful young man, part of me is sad that he’s not my ‘little boy’ anymore. Oh dear, that sounds so pathetic, Sorry. So, hope you’re all doing well, I will be back on fasting wagon tomorrow.

Oh katser12! He’ll always be your baby boy!! You just won’t tell him!! Enjoy the celebrations and I wish him a very happy birthday!! Sounds like you did an excellent job with your boys!

Dearest diet buddies,
    Marysia-I appreciate the “beware of juice” warning. I try to be careful with that one. 250ml of grapefruit juice has a whopping 60 cals so if I have it on a fast day I keep it to just the 250ml. I will check on the sugar content, though, as I really didn’t consider that part. Thanks!
    Ann247-I am determined not to fall too far off the wagon this time. At some point I become my own worst enemy. Like, this is when I let my wine glass be ‘topped up’ which is soooo not good. There’s no way to know how much I’m drinking. I take the first drink for comfort anyway which is definitely not the right thing to do. I know! I’ll get on the scale, or take out the tape measure for comfort. I’m down another centimeter around my waist this morning even though the scale didn’t move. Hooray! (stupid scale- thinking of smashing it) Go ahead and do it, Katser, you may find better news than you expect. I did 🙂
    Busymummy, I will try the soup with my leftover greens this weekend and freeze single portions. Sounds good.
    Even though I was sick, I managed my very looooong fast day yesterday. Finished it with a salad of lettuce, tomato, red pepper, and topped with smoked trout. Gave it the smallest drizzle of olive oil, and mixed in lemon juice and fresh dill. Yum. The scale hasn’t moved, but then I haven’t been able to exercise for days!
    Today is Friday-with a weekend to follow. Wish me luck. All those fasting today-stay strong. If you’re feasting-enjoy every mouthful. But try not to take too many of them 🙂
    Thanks again, everyone, for helping me!!

Have a good weekend everyone! Enjoy but don’t go overboard too much! I’ll try to stick to it too. I’ll try very hard!!!! Talk to you again soon!

Weigh-in: -1kg. I’m about 1,7kg away from my first BIG goal!!!!

Hooray 😀 The persistent ones will conquer this battle!

Well done busymummynell, that’s fantastic. You’re nearly there .

Hi all, I hadplanned a fast day today but don’t think its going to happen. Have injured myself yesterday at the gym so feeling a bit low today. And I weigh 0,5 kg less than last week, so the urge is not so great. And with a low motivation I don’t think it will be a good day for that.
    Busymummy, good you stayed strong and super withthis result! . Lacie, hope you are feeling better. And I do think telling yourself you are doing this ok this time, and will not fail, helps the determination 🙂
    Katser, good luck on your fast today. Hope it goes well. Everyone, have a good friday, a good start for the munchy-free weekend 😉
    I had a jobinterview just now, and it went well. Fingers crossed 😀

Well scales had not moved for me this am which seems to be a recurring pattern the day after my second fast of the week 🙁 really disappointed as I have tried so hard and the measure tape hasn’t budged either. BUT I have dropped a belt notch so that will just have to do!! I will stay strong and next week I will see the scales shift i’m sure. Besides I feel way better and my clothes look better. And really…in 2 weeks i’ve lost 6lbs which is a great result.

My other half suggested perhaps I am where I should be BUT I really want the scales to tip into the 9st sector and I am at 10:1 so I really am so close. Think he is just bored of me not drinking or eating any chocolate!! 😉

So next week I WILL break that barrier…. I really hope so anyway!

Have a great weekend and stay strong one and all!!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.