Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 568 total)

• Hi Katser12, for me today a fastday, think I better stop eating alltogether. That is so much easier than being modest. Good luck to you, Katser12, and all of us

Oh, great! You’re still here! I’ve not been very good either… I have the same problem with the weekends. I’m ok when the children are in school, my husband understands the 5:2 plan and I can follow it easier during school time. But now it’s the spring holidays for 2 weeks. And Easter hasn’t made it much easier either with all the chocolate around. I have put on a bit, don’t know how much but I don’t want to weigh myself. I really want to lose those last 5 kg but can’t do it alone. You guys keep me going. Please let’s continue!!

Today I had a good day. Fasting is so much easier for me. I ate about 100 kcal. Not that it makes up for all of the bad eating, but it is a start. Tomorrow normal day, but I will try to keep control, and will have a long walk with a friend, so I hope it will keep me ont the right road. Talk to you soon

Sorry I’ve not been posting much, basically trying to get myself back on track. Feeling more focused now finally!

I really hope everyones doing okay.

I have a date to aim for, my boyfriend’s sister is getting married in August, and I want to wear a new dress on the day. I really want this dress to be several sizes smaller than I am now.

Stay strong!

Hi all, I had a fantastic result on my fast, so that is a super motivator. Today measurements overall better, went to the gym for legday, and tomorrow I am having a 20 km walk (today was planned, but now gardening, grocery shopping and housekeeping, and enjoying the sun

Fasting today, had a good day so far. Need to get my head around it again, after ignoring fasting last week. We have a great big party coming up end of May and I want to look my best. Have a good day everyone!

Sorry all,

I’ve not posted for a couple of weeks…. came back from holiday and had the following week off work and I am ashamed to say that I ate rubbish and drank way too much during that time and the scales jumped right back to where I’d started.

I’ve been really annoyed with myself but after seeing many posts from some of you guys who have falling a little off the wagon, I am not feeling too bad and its motivated me to get right back at it.

I’ve tried hard since last week and am pleased to say that I am 1 lb off my pre-hols weight and fasted today so fingers crossed that I will be below my pre-hols weight by the end of the week.

I’m thinking I was probably holding onto water more than any real fat gain, thank god.

So a big thank you to you all for much needed support in my hour of need.

I honestly dont think I would have got back to it without this forum 🙂

Thank you busymummynell for the suggestion og googling. Had done it and did it again, and finally found what I’ve been looking for. Have been way too busy, and haven’t had many fast day since easter. The ones I tried make med feel really sick, and I’m so fed up with feeling so aweful. So now I plan on doing 4:3 with about 800 cal on fast days and less than my tdee on eat days to make ut or the xtra cals I have on fast days. Is that a right calculation ?

Good luck with your ‘walks’ all of you, even off and on wagons. We’ll get there in the end if we persevere, right !?!!!

Hi all, yesterday I endulged in 3 glasses of wine, so a bit over my TDEE but my weight was less than the day before. Today I had a long walk, 4 hours, 20 km, and kcal intake (till now) a bit under my TDEE. However…. The bottle of wine is staring at me…

hi guys
    i’d like to join your group 🙂
    i started august last year 5:2 fell of the wagon after xmas and have been on holiday twice so i am about 4 lbs over on my weight than before xmas.
    However ( no excuses) i am quitting smoking as well and really dont want anymore gain. As of monday i am going to get back on this !! that is said with determination…
    Not sure if any of you are from the UK but tesco used to do the fit healthy meals meals under 500 , 400, 300, it was before xmas and then they stopped doing them to make way for the gorgeous goodies, however my tesco has not re stocked them and they were so easy and pretty tasty.. does anyone know if they are doing them ? Thanks guys i need some kinda kick in the behind from you lot please.

also just wanted to add the tablets i take to quit i have to take with food and its 1 in the mornign and 1 at night after dinner, any advice on what to eat in the mornings as i usually dont eat anything all day and have my evening meal. Ive got to keep posting to you guys you so encourge each other. I want to lose around 10 lb by end of June ( another week away) but weight loss for me is so slow. how do i do this tdee thing please ?

Hi anjpink and welcome. I am in similar position as you, I TOO want to give up the fags and lose weight but am really struggling. How are you quitting smoking? I live in the UK but can’t advise you on Tesco meals, Sorry. I bought the Fast recipe book (got it second hand off Amazon) they have excellent recipes in there. I seriously need a kick up the backside because I keep falling off the Fast wagon and just get so despondent when weight doesn’t shift. Let’s try and motivate each other.

I think we all have those times when we don’t want to fast. I certainly do. Good for you guys having come off it and back on! Well done! I’m not very motivated these days, but I haven’t been gorging on food either. Anyway, I keep on reading your posts and hopefully get back to being all motivated. Please keep posting. It makes it easier for me, and everyone else I guess! So, thank you very much!! Bonne continuation as we say here in France!

hi Katser, i am quitting with the champix tablets. they are working this is my 3rd day and as much as occasionally i think oh i’ll have a fag as quick as the thought comes in my head its gone….they can suppress your appetite and i was kind of hoping that would be me but alas NO… and i have no side effects apart from a little nausea’s if i dont take them with some food and plenty of water.
    I’m looking at the new book on amazon but i have heard the recipes are serves 4 most of them, i know you can bulk cook and freeze i’ll have a look and think about it. Asda do some good fresh ready meals which are good around 330 -400 cal’s and they are quick and easy when you feel famished. I have got to do it this so shall we both start again Monday? new week,new body shape, new healthier life. It’s not that difficult its just to be strong and decline the temptation for 2 days a week.

Hi anjpink, thanks for advice. Yes, let’s start again on Mon and be strong willed. Hope you’re all fasting well, good luck to everyone

Hi busymummynell, hope you’re having a fantastic time in France. We’re hoping to get there in summer holidays. Decided to try again on Mon as have been absolutely rubbish!!!! Speak soon.

come on everyone , if you have fallen off the scales let all get back on them for Monday? my aim is 1 lb a week i want to lose 10 lb by end of June, Lets set realistic goals for us and support each other.
    My tdee ? is 1600 so can i eat that on my non fast days? the other one (cant remember the name) MBR? is 1380 so which do i choose in calories , obviously the 1600 would be much nicer 🙂 🙂

Monday we start Katser that will be my fast and probably Wednesday i am also going to get my exercise bike out and do 15 mins every day to start with.

Hi all, I’m new to the forums and have just completed my first week on 5:2. My chosen fast days are Mondays & Thursdays, first one was bit tough at times, second one much easier! When my sister told me about 5:2 and the calorie restriction to 500 on ‘fasting days’ my first thought was “how do you survive on 500 calories, never work, unrealistic” so I challenged myself to do this for one week and see, well the scales do not lie, 3lb off for my first week and Psychologically I never once felt I’m on the dreaded diet again! So here’s to the second week challenge on 5:2 and see what happens. Rome wasn’t built in a day and I’ve decided to go one week at a time. Good luck to you all and keep up all the hard work you have all achieved on your personal 5:2 journey 🙂

Hi all,

so my parents got me onto this, they’re both 55+ and have been following the 5:2 for several months and have now dropped to 6:1 to maintain. They live overseas, so when I saw them for the first time it was a “holy shit” moment!

This week was my first week, and although I struggled on the fast day I didn’t find it as difficult as I anticipated. The hardest part for me wasn’t dealing with the actual hunger, but the mental side where I simply wanted to eat.

My goal is like you Tinkabelle, take it one week at time and see what happens!!

Hi all

I’d like to join the crew! I have been a 5:2 faster for 18 months. There is no doubt the diet works really well for me and I certainly felt all the right benefits for the first year. But since Christmas things have not gone well – and its all down to my own behaviour. I slipped into binging on the my non fast days and started eating things that i hadn’t done for YEARS. And then easter came along and i have gained half a stone basically. I’m not fat but all my clothes are tight. And we have a lovely family holiday booked for end of July and i keep thinking to myself, if I had to go tomorrow i would HATE it because i would feel so uncomfortable in my bikini.

So yesterday i decided i needed to do something. And i have decided to follow the Fast Beach diet for 6 weeks. Its pretty drastic for me, i’m not a binge dieter at all – always been into healthy balanced dieting. But i really feel like i need to be a bit regimental for a short period and give myself a boost. The hardest thing is going to be not drinking! I love my wine at the weekends.

I am not going to do 4:3 though. I find 5:2 enough and it fits in nicely with family life. I might squeeze an extra day in some weeks but not going to beat myself up over it. Giving up wine is a challenge enough.

So my starting weight is 10st 7lbs. I have fasted as normal this week but no booze this weekend! Will weigh again on Wednesday morning (post fast on tuesday)

Off to buy the book to help me 🙂 Look forward to sharing our experiences, it really helps!

Marysia

Hi katser12! Thanks for your message! Nice to hear from you again! I felt a bit down the last 2 weeks and didn’t pay much attention to 5:2 at all. However, I made an effort this week and see, it wasn’t all that bad, fortunately. I only put on about a pound. So that’s encouraging. I’ll continue, had a good fast day yesterday. Lovely! Where will you go on your holiday? We live here in Eastern France, close to the mountains. It’s fabulous here!

Hi Tinkabelle, Katebelle and Marysia! Welcome. Good to have you here too! I find it makes a huge difference to do the FD 5:2 with others together, alone I do give up after a week or so. But this forum keeps me going. I also bought the book on 5:2 and find it very interesting to read. The recipes in the back are ok. Nothing too difficult which is nice. My fast days are Tuesday and Thursday and as I only have one day between them I try to cut down on calories on Wednesday too. But the weekends and the odd glass of wine are my downfall at times… Tough, let’s try to get over this weekend without overindulging!! Good luck to you all! Have a nice weekend!

I had planned anotherfastday this week, but I am skipping it for now. I lost another 400 gram on the scale, and I can tell my skin needs time to adjust. So I don’t want the weight to go down too fast. I exercise, my BMI is just below 24, so all in all I think portioncontrole and no falling into the binge trap, is most inportant to do, right now. I wish you all a good weekend!
    Busymummynell> do you live in France? My very favourite country to spend the holidays!

Yes, Ann247, I do. It’s my favourite place to live!! We’ve moved around Europe a bit but when the kids started school we decided to stay here. Good choice I’d say! I’m trying to get into the habit again where I don’t just stuff food into my mouth without looking. I will try to be concious about it and also about my wine intake. But that seems to prove a bit more tricky at times. Certainly here, because the French love their “apero”… Have a good weekend too!

Hi busymummynell, the wine intake tends to be a problem for me too. Yesterday I drank a whole bottle on my own, and 250 gr Brie, and some Dutch cheese. Reason? I was just not happy…
    Well, today my hubby had his birthday, but I chose to do a fastday myself, because of yesterday…. Is going well, I just ate lots of vegetabals, and 3 hard boiled eggs.
    But still, so stupid that I have such a bad control

Ann247, I didn’t do very well yesterday and today either… We had friends over for dinner and as always, there are a few bottles involved. Hmmm. I did well during the day today, but when my husband got the bag of crisps and a bottle of nicely chilled rose out (the sun was shining, it was fabulously warm) I was lost again. I’ll go easy on food tomorrow. I’ll be very busy all day which is good. And Tuesday is my next fast day. Have a good evening and talk to you later!

Oh, I wanted to say well done Ann247 for losing a pound! It’s very sensible to go in little steps! Great! Keep it up! I’ll try to be good from now on… (sigh)

Hi everyone

I’m thinking of starting tomorrow. Any takers for a buddy?

Hi all, ok I start Monday tomoz my fast day is consisting of yogurt n banana , then a asda low cal meal 300 calories. I’ve had a lovely roast today and some lindor chocolates, I’m starting at 11.3 lb want to be 10.7 by end of June I’m hoping it’s do – able . Going to start on my exercise bike 15 mins every day increase 5 mins every week , good luck everyone 1 lb to lose this week

Belfastbelle, yeah I’ll come on the journey with u , I’m fasting tomoz too . Let’s do this thang lol

Hi Belfastbelle! Welcome and join in, it’s great support! You’re not alone with anything!! We share all the ups and downs here!

Anjpink, I’m impressed about your plan! You’ll get to your dream weight in no time, it’s not too much to lose! I have about 7kg to lose, not much either, but I kind of got stuck after 4-5 kg off. I have a little stepper at home but don’t really use it at the moment. I’m too lazy, however, I do like my walks here. Maybe you could encourage me a bit more to use it!! 😉 Thank you in advance!

I’m a disaster zone – I fast, I lose weight, I lose focus, put it on again, fast again ….. Basically, I’ve put on all the weight I’ve lost so back to my post Christmas weight. 🙁 Why do I do it?!
    I’ve got a wedding in 3 weeks so there’s no way I’ll have lost the 17lbs I wanted to but I’m going to try 4:3 for 3 weeks and then go back to 5:2 with the aim of being at my target weight by the end of July. I’ll cut my calories tomorrow but Tuesday will be my first fast day.
    I feel really disappointed in myself and I feel rubbish in all my clothes. Everything is getting quite tight and it’s not so easy to hide when the warmer weather appears! (Although living in Scotland that’s not really a daily problem).
    I need to start logging on every day to keep my motivation up.
    Good luck to everyone fasting tomorrow.

Hi Sweetpea, here comes a quick word of encouragement for you! I’ve done the same. I didn’t put all back on that I’ve lost since January but still. I could kick myself for it. So, you’re not alone. I try to log on every day, if you do that too, we encourage each other! I’m up for it, you too? Let’s go!! Have a good day! I’m sending you some sun over, I’m in France in the mountains and it’s lovely today!! Talk to you later!!

Hi all, after a fairly good fast, I had a rotten night. I now feel uptight, and with a hangover. That is a bit of a bum, cause I do have to workout today, and it is a heavy program. But oh wel, in an hour or so, it will be all over again… And with a good breakfast and a tiny piece of cheesecake I baked for the anniversary of my hubby, I must have enough energy to start! It is all about the mindset, right?
    Good luck to everyone. My next fast is probably thursday, perhaps tomorrow too. It dpends on how I feel.

Hi everyone. I’m new to the list. I was in need of some rah rah shish boom bah support. So, googled the following
    “Why am I not losing weight on the 5:2 diet?”
    Ended up here, then I saw the list name-looks like I found a few diet buddies?
    OK-I’ll be checking back. Hope you guys don’t mind another in the group 🙂

Hi Lacie, welcome and join the club. Together we can do it step by step

Hi all, fast day today but 3rd day of the 5:2 beach for me. Going really well so far. Managed a whole weekend without a drop of alcohol which I am mega proud of as I am like a lot of you guys and really enjoy my wine. I also ate really well, non junk, no chocolate. Loads of veg, loads of fruit. And did a 5K run on Saturday. Walked to my waxing appointment this am and just walked to the station as headed into London for a meeting. It helps that it’s a sunny day! Weigh in tomorrow so we shall see what the results are. I didn’t think i’d feel so smug having a dry weekend I have to say! I am trying to think about all the positives…I slept well, had no headaches or jadedness from too much wine. Not sure i’ll sustain it for 6 weeks but that’s one weekend down already 🙂 we just have to stick at it everyone! Hope those fasting today are doing OK, remember tomorrow is another day.

Hi Belfastbelle,
    I actually started yesterday with my DD and today is my UD, but would love a weight loss buddy. I have 23 pounds to loose. This is my first attempt at doing the ADF. I’m very excited but know that all the support I can get is a plus. I would be more than happy to be an encouragement to you. I will be doing every other day fasting, not the 5:2. But would still appreciate a weight loss buddy.

Hi Belfastbelle, I started today due to the back pin ever increasing, would love to be a buddy with encouragement for each other. I am off work at the moment due to ++++ back pain and seen the doc today and has altered my meds again. I explained to him that I need to take some responsibility for my back problem and need to lose at least 35lbs. So today my first day of many. My days will be Monday and Thursday as my fast days and I have also cut down on the chocolate, crisps and sweets. I gave up drinking alcohol last year due to all the medication I was on and that has helped as I have lost 3 kgs already.

Look forward to your post.

Thanks for your support busymumnell and welcome Lacie. It’s good to know that I’m not the only one going backwards & forwards!
    I’ve organised my meals for tomorrow and ready to fast.
    I’ll log in daily now and hopefully this will keep me on the straight and narrow. Update tomorrow.

After a weekend of feasting, I was a bit more careful today. Fasting tomorrow. If I don’t lose any weight this week I’ll try 4:3 fasting. Let’s see. I keep you posted!

oki dokie girls, here goes!! started back today fast have done pretty good, weight watchers yogurt for brekkie banana at lunch and a good for you asda meal of 324 calories and i have to say i did shooosh it up with 2 florets of cauliflower and im ok, at work now till midnight so am on coffee. PLEASE can someone answer me this question my tdee thingy is 1600 a day on non fast days can i eat up top that or do you reckon around 1400 would be better ?
    I have to confess busymummynell didnt get ont he bike today however it has made it way outta the garage after 4 months… My grandaughter rode for us tonight on it lol . tomorrow i will be on it… wednesday is my next fast day i have a chicken and prawn paella (asda again) 340 cals. I find it easier to do it like that rather than cut and weigh every thing to get the calorie content.

Good morning everyone!
    Thanks for all the encouragement and words of welcome. I can relate to well…everyone. I love my wine (perhaps too much), I seesaw up and down. I feel like a disaster zone. I have a good fast day then the next day I must be consuming too many calories. In 6 weeks I’ve lost a measly 4 kilos. UGH Hubby is encouraging-but then keeps filling the wine glass on eating days. Bad Hubby 🙁 I’m going to start my days here so I won’t fall into a crumbled, weeping heap in front of the open fridge/cupboard. Must soldier on! It’s miserable and rainy here in Sydney. Hard to get motivated to trudge to the gym.

PS Ann247-I do it too. Lots of gooey cheese, a bottle of wine and away float my troubles *sigh*

Hi Anjpink!I’m fasting today too. I’m trying to stick to this: ryvita and an apple at around 11, a chicken soup at lunch time and lean meat and salad at night. I find it easier like that. Dinner for the family can be spruced up with potatoes etc. My daughter is only 10 and I don’t want to give her the wrong idea about food. I find that if I overdo the TDEE on food days, the weight doesn’t go down as fast. That’s why I fast Tuesdays and Thursdays, like that I’m a lot more careful on Wednesdays as well. I try to stick to the 1600 or less if possible.

Hi lacie, well done to have lost 4kg in 6 weeks!! What an achievement! If you find yourself in front of the fridge close it again!! I find it helps to eat or drink something bitter like a grapefruit or a rice cake with veggie mite (that’s what you have down under?) That helps me. And then I try to go and read, have a cup of coffee or green tea. Green tea helps with fat burning. Good luck! I’ll be posting tonight once my fast day is over… wish me luck! I’ll be out for a walk and some gardening. It’s lovely here!!!

Hey Sweetpea, how’ it going? How was your day yesterday?

All the best to all of you here!

Oh, what I wanted to say was, I will try one of these super soups with loads of leafy green veg and a low fat chicken stock. I found that on the internet. If you have a new recipe for a low fat low cal meal, would you post it please?? Thanks a lot and enjoy your day, where ever you are!!

Hi all, I am so glad that I am not fasting today as I again slept so bad. I allways try to eat under my TDEE, but then again: I compensate by overeating/binging from time to time. Scale said a slight drop (yes, I step on it every morning exept after binging

Morning all…well the first results are in after one fast day and 3 5:2 beach diet days I have lost…..5lbs! So I am down to 10st 2lbs today. I am really chuffed with that! Broke my fast at 9:30am this morning (after a 7pm meal last night) with 1 piece of wholemeal bread and scrambles egg (1 egg and a bit of skimmed milk) and chucked in some green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, some chilli and a little goats cheese. Was absolutely delicious and I enjoyed it way more than the cereal and crumpet I would usually dive for the day after a fast! I have tonnes more energy and feel really rather good about the whole thing. But of course I am not even a week in yet 🙂

Lacie…4kg is great!!! That’s 4kg lighter than you were 6 weeks ago!! Have a chat with your hubby and ask him not to serve you any wine during the week….save for the weekends maybe? That way your not completely deprived but you are cutting down on one of the biggest villains in weight loss 🙂 don’t beat yourself up, you are losing weight. And think of all the other benefits.

I am so motivated at the moment….in a few weeks it will be me that’s the crumpled heap in front of the fridge 🙂

So, tuna salad for lunch I think, and chicken with Mediterranean veg for dinner. If you like salad and veg, at this time of year with the warmer weather (hopefully) on the way it’s definitely easier to come up with nice meals. The flip side of that is the cold rose wine calling my name 😉

Have a good day all, especially those fasting.
    Mxx

I was just updating my profile and measured my waist. Now, hold on, I almost fell over. I lost a whopping 10cm!!!! Although the weight doesn’t change much I am on my way to losing my pants without opening the button!! Yeah!

Whoop whoop busy mum! That’s fantastic!

Thank you, Marysia! It was a total surprise! You’ll be next!!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.