Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 568 total)

• Phew, that was another long post… sorry!

Morning all! I’m back from a few days in Germany for work. Got home late Saturday so a short but pleasant weekend for me. Eating whilst away was difficult since the conference gave no eating choices and its always hard in restaurants in the evening but I did ok! And the best bit was I had dropped to 9st 12lb on Thursday morning which I was over the moon about…so busy mummy, I see you in 9st zone and doesn’t it feel good!! :))))

I have to say I celebrated with a very delicious ice cream and a glass of wine yesterday, but I am not beating myself up over it at all. I had worked hard and had one day off, it was a lovely sunny day and my partner and I had a lovely walk along the long walk at Windsor and then sat outside and enjoyed a delicious morrocon meal. I had prawns with rice and salad so no guilt factor there. And I really really thought about whether I really really wanted the ice cream and I did. And it was DIVINE. Fasting today and a very busy week ahead at work again so that was my treat, done and dusted. So what….we shouldn’t be so hard on ourselves girls! Like I said before we are here and doing something about our weight. That’s a billion times more than most people acheive! The whole point of this plan is not to feel bad about the occasional treats. For me that’s the reason I do this plan over others.

So fast day today and lots of salad through the week since the weather forecast is looking great. Will see tomorrow whether the ice cream did any damage but honestly if it did I know it will shift again so it’s fine.

Have a great day all, fasting or not.

Hi Marysia, good to hear you had a good trip. And well done for still being under 10st! I have to say it feels soooo good to be there again! Where did you go in Germany? Funny to read that you walk the long walk in Windsor, I used to run it when we lived there. I love Windsor with its beautiful center and the old train station, all beautifully converted. I think at least that it used to be a train station. If you find time, tell me a bit more about it! Talk to you soon again! Have a great fast day!

Good morning, (well, I’m getting ready for bed, but I think you are all well and truly in dreamland)
    I fasted today-even though I didn’t want to! It was both awful and good. I feel stronger for not giving in which is what I have always done in the past. So, yeah, I did it. Yay me.

I’m always so inspired to hear of all of your successes. I hope one day to reach my goal of 75 kilos. Five down, ten to go.

I hope you all have a great day. I’m off to bed. Night night

lacie

Well done, lacie, for an extra fd and not giving in! Yay you!! You deserve a good night rest. I’m having lunch now with my daughter, she’s back from school at lunchtime. So, sleep well and talk to you tomorrow!

Hi all, new week, new chances. Scale was not too bad after a fairly good day yesterday (allthough I ended with opening and emptying a bottle of wine 🙁 ) but I trained fairly heavy: one hour lifting weights, and one hour judo. Today I am being good, and I hope I stay that way. I did eat more than 500 kcal (700 kcal) but I had another weighttraining. I am a bit scared for my muscles when undereating

Lacie: you survived another fastday, well done. You will reach your goal step by step.
    Marysia, good to hear you didn’t suffer from your businesstrip. Sounds as if you have found a kind of balance and that is the best way to go by. I dream about it, but I am not quite where I want to be. But today, no sweets, day 1, that is good enough for now. If I ignore the next bottle of wine, then I will go to bed rather pleased.
    Busymummy, isn’t it wonderful how distraction and keeping busy helps to be good. And isn’t it a pity in a way that we compensate afterwards? Well, you enjoyed your treats, and that is important. Better than eating, drinking and feeling angry about yourself.
    I wish you all a good fast, when fasting (I might try another one tomorrow as I will have an fairly inactive day tomorrow) and a enjoyable feastday, when feasting 🙂

Dear ALL, i dropped 1 1/2 lb this week but think i have blown it today, will do a fast tomorrow instead, i suppose thats the beauty of this diet….
    I am fine all day at work and its the moment i eat then its like a train going it just wont stop is anyone else like that?
    I have got half a stone by end of June to get rid of i know its nothing BUT as we girlies know its EVERYTHING so i am thinking if i eat less these next few days then it’ll hopefully be another LB this week ? ? ? ?
    As you can probably tell i am not in a feel good mood today 🙁
    Dont know why ? maybe tired !!

Hi everyone,
    After my FD yesterday, when I am usually wired up and find it hard to sleep, I took a sleep aid and slept like a baby. Whew. This morning feels new and fresh and full of possibilities. Yesterday-not so much. It would have been so easy to feed my blues. *sigh* But, I didn’t!

So, Anj, I understand. That’s why I eat only dinner on FDs. I don’t want to trigger my hunger monster. I also try to eat my calorie allowance, although it’s hard in one meal (probably a good thing!). I feel full and satisfied. Sometimes it feels somehow wrong, since I fill my plate with loads of veggies before adding the protein. But, it seems to be working, albeit very slowly. My Dr told me yesterday that to lose 10% of your body weight in a year – that’s right a YEAR – is the way to do it. OMG-I’ll be dieting until I’m, well, ancient! (Maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit :)) All by way of saying, “Chin up. 1 1/2 pounds in a week is fantastic!”

Ann247-I agree completely about enjoyment and no guilt. The point of this WOL, as I tried explaining to my Dr who hadn’t heard of 5:2, is that I can have treats within reason. Total denial and a lifetime of calorie restriction, for most people, just isn’t sustainable. Even the wine is allowed-Thank goodness, eh?

Marysia-you are sounding strong and confident. Thinking before the ice cream? Making a conscious choice? And enjoying it immensely, guilt free? Well done.

Busymummy-I love reading your long posts. You really are busy. And surrounded by so much food? I don’t know how you do it. I don’t understand weight in stones, but it sounds like congratualtions are in order. Good going, lady.

Now, I must away. Things to do. Bad foods to avoid. Pounds to chase away.

If you are fasting, stay strong. If not, be sensible. But, if things go awry, forgive yourself. There is always tomorrow!

ta ta for now

Lacie, I don’t do stones and stuff either. I just go via the google converter 😉 . I’m in Europe with the much easier metric system!
    I’m fasting today and so far I did well. I think. Lunch was lots of salad and … cheese. Well, not a lot but it was so nice.
    Just came back from the garden centre and will plant my tomatoes and cucumbers etc. I hope this time the garden beasts won’t eat my veg and salad. Leave some for us too!!

Hi folks,

I very nearly didn’t check in today. I’ve been buried under far too much stress and paperwork (Can you spell IRS?) I’m an expat, living in Australia. Uncle Sam wants me. Goodness knows what for as I have, well, a cruddy pair of trainers that I can’t afford to replace, and a used car, and pile of debt. UGH I wish he’d take some of these extra pounds 🙂

Anyhow…I thought about it and decided the best thing for me was to check in with my conscience(s) around the world. So here I am.

Busymummy-I love the sounds of your salad and cheese. I’m a big cheese fan. All kinds. You are so right-so nice! And a bit can make an ordinary salad extraordinary. Let’s face it, there are only so many salads one can eat. Whatever helps make it special is a bonus.

I live in a unit so no garden, really. But, I do have a lemon tree and a few herbs. Most are doing well, but something is enjoying my sage. And it’s not me! So, I am hoping that the garden beasts leave your veg alone. Little buggers.

Yesterday I let my stress get the better of me and had an extra glass of wine, and some dessert. But, I’m not beating myself up. Tomorrow is FD and today I’ve been very very good. I even gymmed!

Ta ta for now,
    Stay strong, stay focused.
    lacie

Hi lacie, I’ve just found a site for your sage keeping. Maybe it helps. I never tried growing sage so I can’t say and I’m not such a great gardener either. Have you got a balcony? You can grow salad in a little box hanging from the railing! And herbs!

http://www.almanac.com/plant/sage

Planted my courgettes and cucumbers today. I had to buy new plants because these horrible slugs ate my self grown plants… So, I picked all slugs up and threw them over the fence into the stinging nettles… Hope they’ll learn 😉 .

Had a great fd yesterday with a slice of toast in the morning and salad and cheese at lunch time and then nothing until this morning, my weigh-in this morning (although I usually do it on a Saturday after a normal day) made me feel very happy. Getting closer!! Fasting again tomorrow, then we have family over for 5 days. So fasting on Tuesday will be more than welcome.

Wish you all a good day, fasting or not, stay happy and strong!! Post again soon!

Morning folks,

Busymummy, I will have a look at the link, and yes I do have a balcony. I have rosemary, thyme, basil, and sage (sort of!) and of course my lemon tree-tiny little tree with 3 lemons at the moment. I think it’s the only plant out there that thrived in all of the rain we’ve been having. But, salad? I need to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

Again, I’m glad I checked in. This constant and unrelenting stress is taking a toll-on my tushie and my marriage. My Aussie hubby has had it with the US tax code. Go figure. So, today’s fast will be another challenge that I hope to conquer.

If you are fasting today-stay the course. Taking off weight doesn’t happen overnight. Real, fast working fads never work long term. Real weight loss is about long term commitment.

have a good day

Fasting today, I’m also in for the long term! I’ve tried several fads and found out that they are of no use. At all. So, here we go and make a real effort. For me. For the family. Lacie, I also heard that the US are very keen on getting cash in, almost for no reason. Someone I met was born in the US but has actually never lived there. But as he holds a US passport he has to pay taxes. Based on what? It can’t be income??

Well, hope you get on with this matter and get it out of the way! Good luck with it! And good luck to all you others fasting or not!!

Katser and Marysia, are you all well? Haven’t heard from you in a while. Let us know how you’re keeping!! Enjoy the day!

I have been bad these last few days and didnt fast as I wanted to only overate, and I am so fad up with it. I completely destroy all progress I have made. So selfdistructive 🙁
    I know all the tricksI am just being weak and inconsistent. I don’t want this anymore. I want to be healthy and in control. Please please please let me be in control again….
    I am fasting today, of course. And I wish you all more determination than I have had these past weeks. I am jealous about all your possitivity. My body is ok, still ok, but my head is so messed up.

Hi all, we’ll fast day for me today, second of the week. I weighed in after the first and had stayed the same so was happy with that given the ice cream and wine so hopefully tomorrow I might have shifted a little more. Clothes are feeling sooo much better. Put a suit on for a big meeting yesterday, a very lovely pin stripe dress from Austin Reed which has been fitting but exceptionally snug and jot so comfortable of late. Felt fantastic in it yesterday!! And THAT ladies is what we are aiming for. Doesn’t matter what the scales or even the size label says. It’s how we feel in our clothes that counts!

So a few more pounds off and I will be very happy and then the trick will be to stay that way….which is often the hardest part. BUT I have my holiday in august and then I turn 40 in November and have a big party planned. So that should keep me motivated, I want a really nice dress and not to FEEL 40 on the night :))))

One quick tip for you all…Mimmi mentions the Hartley’s sugar free jellies in the beach diet book. Well I used to make the sachet ones when I did weight qatchers many years ago and got a top tip to replace the cold water with diet lemonade. It makes the jelly taste great and its virtually calorie free!! It makes a great treat after dinner on fast days and no fast days alike. These are a UK product but i’m sure they available elsewhere, or at least some sort of instant sugar free jelly mix anyway.

Have a good day all!!

Ann247-Try not to be so hard on yourself. I can’t speak for everyone here, but I have always found comfort from stress and emotional baggage through food. Having said that, this WOL has me being different in spite of myself. Case in point-

Yesterday I chucked it in! It was all too hard. So, I didn’t eat all day, not for lack of trying to, I just found nothing that floated my boat. Habit, I guess. I mean, it was fast day! But, dinner came and my body knew it was time to eat and so I did. Or I tried to. To my dismay, I could only eat 2 slices of pizza and that left no room for sides or dessert. I did manage more than a bit of wine, though. The point being that after 10 weeks, while the urge remains, my ability to eat has changed to a great degree. Seriously, I really wanted to eat and couldn’t! hahaha

The best thing is that I feel absolutely no guilt this morning. Life was just too hard. As a friend said, “I think you have too many other worries today. Dieting should be the last thing on your mind” and she was so right. It was one day. And today is another. This week I’ll have one fast day. So, okay. I can compensate in other ways-a bit more exercise, fewer calories for the next few days, not so many carbs, and I’ll probably do a 16/8 thing. So, today, no food until after noon. No food after 8 pm. Same Saturday and Sunday. Just til I can reboot on Monday.

Busymummy-the US tax code is stifling, and the IRS has tentacles that reach around the world and that do not discriminate-they flog millionaire drug lords, smugglers, movie stars, and people like me who have NOTHING. No one is safe from them. US citizens are simply belongings of the state and the state takes a piece of our earnings be they British pounds, rubles, Euros, yen, Australian dollars, etc. UGH Sorry. Rant finished. I promised hubby I would NOT discuss or think of this today.

I’m heartened that you got through your fast. Hearing of other’s successes helps tremendously! So, good job lady 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

Marysia, you’re right about how we feel in our clothes. The scale isn’t the be all and end all, is it? Congratulations!

K Gotta run. Today is my day with my beautiful grandson-Dr Seuss, Mickey Mouse, and peanut butter sandwiches here I come.

Lacie, thank you, You cheered me up! Hope you had a great day with your grandson and hope things around those taxes develop in a good way for you. My fastday went well, I will go to bed in a minute, so I’ll be safe then. Did I allready mention that I have a new job afte being unemployed for 2 months? No guarantees yet on hours but still, I have worked for 15 hours this week, and that feels better than noting 🙂
    bye for now!

Lacie, my fast day today wasn’t that great. It started alright but around lunchtime I packed it in. Just no motivation. So, that’s ok. I didn’t overdo it just nibbled my way through the day. it included a good few sweets, banana, nuts and raisins etc but I don’t feel guilty. Tomorrow’s another day.
    Thanks for your IRS explanation. I guess they are all over the same. As soon as they smell money, no matter the currency, they want a piece of it. Enjoy your day with your grandson! My kids liked Dr. Seuss and Mickey as well. Sweet memories!!!

Ann247, come on! Head up! You’re not the only one who does it!! Don’t worry, tomorrow is another day. I pigged out today. I know the scales won’t be nice to me tomorrow but guess what, I won’t step on them. There you go. I think it’s good that you posted this too. Like that we can encourage you to continue! Although we don’t see each other or know one another, we are still here for you!! Don’t forget that! Feel encouraged and hugged!! And keep on going! You can do it! Let us know how tomorrow goes!

Hi all, Sorry I have not posted for a while. Don’t have any good news so felt I wasn’t really able to inspire. I keep plodding along, am eating less than I have ever done but STILL no change.Not giving up though. Sounds like a lot of you are having a lot to deal with in your lives. When we have life struggles, it certainly puts things into perspective. I wish you all success in your fasts. Thank you all for your continued support with posts. For me, it’s the only thing that keeps me motivated to continue with this WOL

Morning all, another lb off for me today so 10lbs in 4 weeks. Quite a result and I am very happy with it, but I have worked hard so I think I deserve it 🙂 if I can slip 4 more and hit the stone mark i’ll be over the moon.

Now a little thought for the day since I read all your posts and saw a few of you had struggled with your fasts and given up during the day. I gladly admit that I have done the same on occasion but to be fair it’s been very rare. I ALWAYS hit a point around lunch time where I want to and I think to my self this. I have got this far. If I eat now I have wasted a morning where I could have had breakfast and didn’t. I keep telling myself this whilst I drink a bottle of water and a black coffee. Then I usually hit a tough spot around 4 pm. But guess what by then it’s almost dinner time so giving up then would just be daft and i’d have to find another day to fast and start again.

It’s all very psychological this weight loss game. So I thought I would just share my little technique. Just tell yourself it would be a waste of a half fast day and you soon overcome the urge! 🙂

Have a good day all. I am immensely looking forward to my breakfast which I am just about to eat.

Hi all, for me a non fasting day today (will fast again tomorrow, on my no workout day). As yesterday went well, I saw the number on the scale back on track. Will see what it saystomorrow after a normal day (1300 kcal). In one week my hubby returns. I would like him to see a bit of change after 3 weeks of absence!
    Marysia, you are doing great, and you are absoluteley right: consistency is the key. Still, the main problem is the head, not the empty stomach. For me. That is the biggestchallenge. I do hope to prove to myself that I am stronger than my demons…
    Busymummy, you have been doing great. One lost fastday is not a big deal, as there is allways another day 🙂
    Katser, hang in there, when you are consistent enough there will eventually be a change. You did the tapething a few weeks ago, well, you didn’t like it, but I am sure you will see improvement in those measurements or your clothes!
    Have a good day, and talk to you all later!

What a lovely success, Marysia! Yet another pound off! Well done. And I have to say that I agree with you, usually, I do it like you. If I start to struggle and don’t see much sense in fasting, I tell myself to go on a bit longer, and a bit longer and all of a sudden the day is over. I did this on Tuesday, worked really well. Yesterday, I just didn’t feel like I wanted to fast. Well, I munched away not going over board but I was happy. So today, I felt a lot better, even though the scale said I was a tad bit heavier. So what! I’m looking forward to my next fast day on Tuesday!

Thank you Ann247 for your pep talk! I feel so much better reading your post and all the other posts too, that I know one lost day doesn’t really matter.

Katser, don’t worry if you feel you can’t inspire, that’s the beauty of this blog, one can and does, when another can’t and therefore doesn’t. One hand washes the other!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Hi all, update: I had a relative goodday yesterday, allthough I could have done better, but I could have donemuch worse. My choices were a bit higher than planned and yes, they included wine, but I got rough news, and my first thiughtsafter that was to buya bottle of GrandMarnier and see how farI wouldget. I settled for 3 glasses of red wine, so I say: well done 😉
    Today I am having a fastday again. I have them sceduled on my non-workout days so three times a week for upcoming weeks. It is much easier to not eat than to eat when I am emotionally unbalanced so I am looking forward to lots of tea, coffee and broth.
    Hope the weather is better at your place. Here it sucks. How I long for summer, sun, warmth…
    I want to wish you all a very nice weekend! See you on monday 🙂

After a bad discussion with my teenage son (17 years) I have wasted my diet for days, maybe weeks… As if he cares what I do or don’t eat… Did I allready tell you that my hubby is staying. In the US for an extra week, so not back up till the end of May 🙁 4 weeks of absence…pffff
    Because I realise that I have to make a commitment with myself, and for myself, I have made an appointment for a Dexascan in a month time. I think that will help me to stay focussed on my own progress and will prevent eating for no good reasons. Today is a fastday, wednesday I will step on the scale again.
    How have you all been doing?

Hi Ann247, sorry to hear about hubby staying away longer and a discussion with a teenage son can’t be easy either. My son is 13 and started talking back. And that’s only the beginning. I wanted to take up fasting this week. We had my mother in law, her sister and husband here with us. We had good food and wine but didn’t move around a lot. They were due to fly back to the UK when our auntie fell and dislocated her hip. Now everyone is staying at least another week with us because auntie can’t move. I find this all very challenging. I’m ok with visitors but if some of them stay longer than I like, it’s very challenging for me. That’s when I can’t do fasting or extra gym sessions. But then again, I think I’m getting so tense that I don’t eat anyway. Well, a weekend is coming up, big party in the UK and we are going!!! I’ll keep you posted. Now, Ann247, stay positive!! Don’t let any discussions get to you! And hubby will be back soon anyway! Good luck!!

Hi Busymummy, first thank you for your sweet words! Second, I so understand how you must been feeling. I wish you lots of courage and wine 😉 I think I would want to run away. Hope you have good inlaws!
    I managed two good days in a row. We’ll see what the scale says about that. Must say that I long for a glass ofwine, but luckily I have to work tomorrow morning, so a no go.
    Hope you are all doing well

Hi Ann247, I’ve got very nice in-laws but we have a saying at home: after 3 days fish and visitors start to stink… (hihi, true in a way! 😉 ) I think after tomorrow I will be more than ready for a glass or two of vino! You know, Ann, I found out that I start to think a lot less about eating and drinking, hence I’m less worried about putting on weight. Hope it stays like this like forever! Would be really nice. I do fit into my very old jeans again, even though I still have some “overhang” or muffin top. But that has to go too. So, I’ll try to do a fast day on Thursday again if not (we’re flying out to the UK on Thursday) otherwise I’ll start again on Tuesday.
    Now, keep going Ann! You’re doing well! Don’t let anything get into your way and keep your head up!! Think of us others who are all in the same boat. If one falls out, we’ll pull them back in! Stay strong!!

Hi guys,

Busymummy, I have definitely fallen off the boat – way off. Thus the reason I haven’t posted. Avoidance of problems is an old fall back for me. I guess my strength just gave out. I can be such a dope. But, I’m trying to think of it like quitting smoking. I quit about 20 times before it finally took. I think that every time I do this, my insight improves and so does my determination.

Reading about everyone’s triumphs has already got me off to a good start on this fine Wednesday. I’m not fasting today. I’d considered adding an extra day, but think that would be counterproductive. In spite of it all, I did manage my Monday fast successfully. I just have to smack myself, get back on the horse, and soldier on.

When I started this journey 11 weeks ago, I had visions of losing much more weight much quicker. I mean, 10 pounds in four weeks? Holy cow, Marysia. That’s amazing. Do you eat anything at all?!

For me, it’s like Ann247 said. My head is my biggest problem. ARGH (or is it my heart?) Plus, my hubby travels too. He’s my conscience. When he’s gone-poof-dietary disaster days abound.

Katser, I did what you did, so I understand. Yet, whoever said that we both give and take in forums like this is right. Of course we all want to bring the positive and the WAHOO. It just isn’t always possible. Don’t give up, and if you promise to stay in touch, so will I. Like a pinky swear! 🙂

So, I guess I need to do some work. And some exercise (OK-a lot of exercise).

ta ta for now
    Enjoy your day, afternoon, evening. Whatever it is whereever you are
    lacie

Hi Lacie, how slim would we be, when we weren’t challenged by life all the time? Stress and hormone issues are making the struggle much harder. But when we climb two stairs, and we fall back one, we are still getting closer to our goal. As for me, getting control is my ultimate goal. The weight is not such a problem. Allthough I slipped hard on several days in the past weeks, the scale told me I was below 57 kg, bmi 23,5. Sometimes it seems as if the body follows its own plan. Not complaining about this for now.
    Busymummy, hope the fish doesn’t stink to much 😉 Hang on, you have a great party to look forward to!
    For all of you, fasting or not, stay on the wagon, or crawl back on it. We. Can do this!

Always here for other people who are new to this, i am blogging about my experiences at http://www.fastingtofit.com. I am from the US , 34 yo male. You can connect with me at twitter too @zacees 🙂

Hi all, i’ve had a crazy busy week this week with work and I am really stressed out about an exam I am sitting next month. I’m taking a chartered institute of Marketing Diploma and its way tougher then I expected! It’s supposed to be part time study but seriously I think you need to be at it full time to have any hope of a decent grade!! But we’ll just have to see how not goes, it’s been a big investment of money and time so I really want to pass it.

Eating wise….lacie, you haven’t fallen off the wagon big time, you’ve just had a few off says! Compensate with a couple of fasts and you’ll be quickly back on track. I have honestly been eating, just been eating a)less and b) better! And that’s been the trick for me. I’ve not been hungry on non fast days and I have been carefully about selecting the right foods. But remember I have been doing the beach diet so it is meant to give you a bit of a boost to start. I am weighing in tomorrow but not expecting any more then another 1lb, if that.

Fats day today. I have been not eating at all until dinner but had a banana this am as I felt quite hungry and needed something to start the day. Not sure it’s helped though so it could be a looooong day. But I have a busy weekend ahead so I need to stick with it to allow myself a few glasses of wine at the weekend!

Have a good day all, and stick with it!!

Hi lacie, I agree with Ann247, you haven’t fallen off the boat as it was only a few days off. But, we pull you hard to stay on board!! It is really all in the head! We all try to conquer that feeling of weakness and wanting to give up to indulge again. But it will only backfire! I am at the moment ok. I feel quite good, although VERY stressed. Our family was supposed to go back home to the UK on Monday evening. As it happens, our auntie had an accident, fell and broke her leg. Now we are dealing with French doctors and nurses, UK health insurance and try to make them talk to each other to get auntie and her hubby back home. But guess what? The UK insurance is so stubborn they insist on surgery even though it isn’t necessary as the local surgeon says. This is all causing stress and worries as we are supposed to leave tonight for the UK but can’t leave uncle and auntie here as they don’t speak French and the nurses etc don’t speak English. Great. My way out last night was a lovely bottle of red… shared with my hubby. Hope we can still make it to UK before Saturday! Otherwise we’ll miss a fabulous party…….. Why does it always have to happen when you have something really nice planned for ages? Please keep your fingers crossed!!! I feel myself drifting off my newly found path of 5:2. I’m trying to resist though.
    Sorry for dumping this lot on you all.
    Keep going, keep going for me too!! Thank you! You are a lovely bunch!

Oh Busymummy, I keep my fingers crossed you can go to the UK. It would be such a shame when you’d miss the party!

Thank you Ann247, it’s in the hands of the insurance now. My husband just left to talk to the hospital staff and push the matter towards the end. He’s helping with the translations. Insurances can be so hard headed, unbelievable!Let’s hope for the best.

Hi all, we came back last night. UK and the party were great! Nice to see old friends and meet new people. Although I had no fasting on my mind I went onto the scale and was more than surprised to actually have lost over a pound despite eating like mad on Sunday. I even had two deserts… my daughter didn’t like the home made bread and butter pudding at her uncle’s house. Too bad for her! So, tomorrow is a new fd and I’m looking forward to it. Hope you all had a nice bank holiday weekend too! Talk to you tomorrow again!

Hi Busymummy, glad you were able to go andenjoy the party. Well deserved, and well done 🙂
    I think in my head it finally clicked. Allthough the past days were not great, eating and emotionally, with a very fragile father in law, and hubby still away, Things feel different so ehow. I feel strong and secure. And allthough I know I won’t allways be good, eatingwise, I know I can control it. That is a very good feeling, and I am so glad I feel this way!
    Now just a little time to prove it 😉
    Hope you all had a good time past weekend. For me tomorrow fastday. Am looking forward to it!

Ann247, it sounds as if you are where I am now too. It feels as if food no longer dominates my life. I don’t constantly think about what I could eat anymore. I rather have a drink such as a tea or coffee instead. I try to recognise if what I want is really food or rather a tea etc. I am really looking forward to fasting tomorrow. Hope you are well and enjoy your fast day too!! Talk to you tomorrow! Good night everyone!

Busymummy-I was so sorry to read about your rough patch with family, etc. I wasn’t here to encourage, but if I were…Glad it’s all good now and that you enjoyed the party and a second dessert!

I’m happy that you are feeling strong and in control Ann247. It’s a great feeling, isn’t it? But, yup, those pesky hormones can get ya down. I know.

Marysia, perhaps I’ll join you one day where you are, being so focused all the time and sensible. I admire that attitude. Good going! I’m an emotional eater (less so on 5:2 admittedly), so it’s unlikely that there will ever come a time when food will be an afterthought “Oops, I forgot lunch.” Never gonna happen 🙂

Meanwhile, this life style has changed me in ways I hadn’t expected. Even my “bad” days are less bad. It’s very slow going for me and I fight the temptation to go into calorie restriction mode on all days. But, that defeats the purpose. Once I accepted that, I started my slow but consistent loss. Two days a week I “diet” the other days I’m like everyone else. YAY! Thing is that I didn’t get 15 kilos overweight eating like everyone else. That’s the key thing I’ve learned. So, yes, for me it’s the 5 part of the 5:2 that I have to work harder on than the FDs. Normal eating. I’m 5′ 8″ so my TDEE is relatively high, even using my goal weight to set it. Still, without even trying, I could easily go over.

My fast day went by yesterday like nothing. Dinnertime came around and I was actually surprised. So, today is another day. The food day when I need to be aware. Just aware.

Anyhow, after several super busy days with hubby away, I’m baaaaaack!

Ta Ta for now

Hi lacie! Thank you for your kind words! All is going well here and the family is on the mend as well.

You know, you’re absolutely right with your observation regarding 5:2. My attitude has also changed recently. It’s like Ann247 said, for me too it has sort of clicked. It wasn’t a slow process at all, just when I looked back I noticed that something has changed. And I hope it’s for good, regardless of horrid little hormones.

It was for the same reason, lacie, why I packed on the pounds. I enjoyed food and drink without paying attention at all to calories. That’s why I noticed this January that enough is enough. I had piled on 10kg that were totally unnecessary. Now, I really wanted to change something but didn’t know how. All other diets have failed and I knew that I had to change my life style. That’s the hardest thing to do. Ever. Let’s see where it will get us all! I’m so glad to have “met” you all here. I think otherwise I wouldn’t have succeeded this time either. So, thank you all so very much for your support! I will be there for you as you have been for me!

I’m fasting today, so everyone who’s doing it today too, I hope you feel good about it and if not, don’t force yourselves to fast. That would be the worst thing to do. I realised that and therefore feel so much happier about this all. Just be aware that you don’t go overboard with feast days. So, good luck and keep going! Don’t forget the weddings and summer holidays you want to feel great for!! Talk to you later!

Hi all, fasting didn’t go to well this week. I tried it on Tuesday but lunchtime came and fd went through the window. Wednesday wasn’t too bad but after hubby was in bed I had to get a nice chocolate tablet out, just for me.I enjoyed every little square. I don’t feel guilty about it but wish I hadn’t done it. Scales today said I have a kilo more than last weigh in…. I’m trying to fast today to get back into the habit. Wish me luck. How are you all doing?

Marysia, are you getting closer to your perfect dress size?
    Katser, haven’t heard from you in a while. Are you ok?
    JohnAnne, are you still with us??
    Ann247, how was your fast day Tuesday? Hope you did better than me…
    Lacie, I’m looking forward to you waking up and sending one of your fun and entertaining posts!

Please keep posting, people, I’m a bit on the weak side this week. I need you all!

Hi Busymummy, Lacie, Katser and all the others. Fastday went well on tuesday, but as I have been visiting my father in law a lot, food wasn’t optimized this week. And alcohol could have/should have been better too ( read: less). But you know, I dropped almost 10% in bodyweight since the end of december, my thigh measures 4cm less, my hips and waistline has lost the same -and I wont bother you with talking about my decreased twins….;-) – so I can’t worry too much. Sitting next to someone dying and then make a fuss over something as over and undereating…. Doesn’t feel right.I think I will fit my tight beautiful and sexy jumpsuit just fine saturday evening, and I think life is too short to make everything about eating or not. I am not saying that I won’t fast anymore, and I still will bore you with my tales, but I want to encourage everyone of you to live life at its fullest. Perhaps that will prove to be the best way to stay healthy and keep a stable weight.

Busymummy, make sure you get enough sleep, and try to take time to relax. Drink lots of tea and water and enjoy the weather if possible. These bad days are part of life, you can’t allways be strong. So don’t beat yourself up about it, just take a deep breath, a moment to relax, and start over when you’re ready. Perhaps for you the kickstart is at the end of the week, and otherwise there is allways monday. Monday I will join you in a fastday, I promiss 😉 We can do this together!

Thank you Ann247, that’s just what I needed. This week started great but went downhill slowly. Nothing too bad, it was just wearing… I think you’re right, I should really sleep a bit more. I’ll try it from tonight on! Promised. And I’ll walk a bit more again too. I think I’ll follow your advice, Ann, and restart next week. I know that I can do it. I’ve done it so far. You sound so happy and positive it’s a pleasure to read your post! And what a fantastic result you have with all those lose clothes! 4cm less is amazing! Well done! I’m just sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Hope he’ll be better soon. I’ll fast with you on Monday, Ann. And by the way, you never bore us with your stories! I find it very soothing to read you and all the other stories, makes me feel so much better, knowing that I’m not the only one going through this with all these emotions! Thanks again for cheering me up!! Good night!!

Good morning folks!

I’ve been posting intermittently-LOL Sorry about that. I’ve been busy and because I work from home on the computer, on occasion I just have to walk away from it. Today I am back after having had a great day with my lovely little man. He’s four and so adorable. And tiring 🙂

As to my “diet” these past two weeks-it’s been an up and down kind of thing. Ultimately, I’m learning. My fast days are getting, easier we’ll say. My other days have been a struggle. That said, I was greatly surprised to find that I hadn’t put on any weight considering that I haven’t been doing any real exercise and on food days haven’t given it any more thought than “Another glass of wine with dessert or not?” UGH Mostly I’ve learned that the real success of this way of life if the goal is weight loss comes on the NFDs. So, today? I eat more salad and veg, go the the gym, and keep the carbs to a minimum.

I bake for a hobby. My specialty is bread! Yikes. Oh, and I can crank out homemade pasta practically in my sleep. UGH And this week, just because I wanted to know if I could, I made marshmallows. My neighbors are ready to kill me! They reap the benefits (?) of my culinary adventures. LOL

Busymummy, I am sorry to hear you’ve had a difficult week. And me not here to entertain you daily! bad lacie Stay strong. It’s okay to see the scale go up and down. It happens to us all. Swings and round abouts are to be expected. I only worry when I don’t get the swings…if it keeps an upward trajectory then worry. Otherwise, as Ann247 said-life’s too short. Gotta keep smiliing and enjoying and loving.

Well done on the inches, clothes, and confidence Ann247. You go girl!

Later.
    Desperate for coffee,
    Lacie

Yeah! Lacie’s back!! Thanks for posting, I LOVE reading your posts! They are fun and encouraging! I’m so much better since yesterday. I don’t know if it’s hormones or what. Anyway, the weight has been up and down a bit. Not much,it was about 2 pounds up on Saturday morning and a pound down today without doing anything in particular. But as I feel sooooo much better I am actually looking forward to fasting on Tuesday. Who’s joining in????? Have a lovely Sunday evening! It’s been warm (25C) and sooo sunny here!

Hello everyone. Having vowed I would stick to it this time, I went completely the other way and have now put on another 6lbs. I still managed to fit into the outfit I had bought for the wedding but I hate myself in all the photos.

Now that my essays & exams are over for a couple of months, do I go back to 5:2 (which has worked in the past) or do I admit that I have no willpower and join WeightWatchers? To be honest, I can’t be bothered with all the points counting but I need someone scary to weigh me every week! Lol
    I’m now about to start an 8 week placement so hopefully I’ll be so busy I find it easier to stick to this time.
    Has anyone tried the diet in Woman & Home? It’s intermittent fasting but you can have 800 cals on your fast day, but obviously fasting every 2nd day.

Good morning ladies 🙂

You know, I’ve considered weight watchers, but all that point counting and restricting EVERY DAY does not work for me. With WW what I consider bad things are allowed daily in small doses; I know I’d fail. Why 5:2 works for me, slowly over time, is because for two days a week I can’t have any of the things that trigger a fall from grace. And after 12 weeks, my relationship with food, especially the bad things, has changed dramatically. I simply cannot consume as much. That’s the first step for me. I’m learning to enjoy them-and not just consume them thoughtlessly. And I can eat what I consider “real food”. I go through the motions of buying, creating, serving, eating…microwaving a box of ??? for me is anticlimactic.

For instance, with hubby away I’d opened a bottle of white. I thought I’d drank nearly the whole thing one evening, yet last night he pulled it out and we both enjoyed a full glass each. Hmm. I had stopped after enough. Go figure.

Today is a FD. At this point, I still look forward to them. It’s a relief not to even think about food. I reckon it’s similar to the way muscles get exhausted at the gym and then are left to recover. Over time the muscles change form and get stronger. My food responses-hunger, taste, and volume-are being retrained.

Busymummy, I only step on the scales on Friday morning after my second FD. The fluctuations due to water retention, stress, etc. just frustrate me too much. Hormones-yeah, what a pain those can be! When we’re young it’s premenstrual craziness and weight gain because of hormone overload. Then comes the big pause and now we lack them and it’s still ‘crazy time’. UGH

Right-gotta dash. Work to do. Exercise to suffer through. Coffee to drink (black-it’s FD)

Ta ta for now 🙂

Hi all, Sorry haven’t posted for a while, something not working with this site as I’m not getting the messages!!! I have not been doing so well with fasting due to family gatherings and such like but starting again tomorrow (again)!!!! Good luck everyone.

Hi and welcome back sweetpea and katser!! Good to have you back! Well done for finishing your exams! I’d say it is difficult to prepare for that and do fd at the same time. So don’t worry if things didn’t work out the way you wanted. Now that you’ve done the paper stuff you can focus on fasting! And I agree with you and lacie regarding weight watchers. I’ve tried it many years ago and couldn’t be bothered with the constant counting of calories… so I stopped it and am a lot better off.

Katser, I had this problem too that I didn’t get any messages about new posts and had to log in manually. I think I stopped the email subscription and then re-entered it and since then it works again. Let’s fast tomorrow together! I have my sceduled fast days on Tuesday and Thursday. Let’s keep encouraging each other! You go girl!

It’s interesting what you said, Lacie, my relationship with food and drink has changed as well over the months. I don’t feel the need anymore to empty a biscuit tin in one go once I had one. Same with drink. My hubby had a bottle of wine open last night but I just didn’t fancy a glass. So I had a glass of fizzy water instead and felt well with it. Nice to know that it actually works. And that I don’t miss out on the alcohol or sugar consumption.

I’m off to prepare our bath and bedroom for some painting. We are going to sell our house some time this year (so we hope!) and are getting it ready. There’s sooo much to do!

Bye for now and talk to you soon!

Lacie & busymumnell

Thanks for your support. I watched what I ate today and tomorrow I’m going to try a fast day. I know I can do it, it’s just being disciplined. Watch this space!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.