Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,351 through 4,400 (of 14,786 total)

• Thanks Lotus, GG, I’m going on ebay. I’m starting to feel better, thank you everyone : )

Well, it’s 5.00 and I still haven’t eaten. I shopped this morning, when I came home and unpacked, I put some fresh salmon and asparagus in foil with a few slices of lemon, with the intention of having it for a late lunch. Well I forgot and got into computer stuff, then at 4.00 made a cappuccino when I got the gurgles, so wont be eating till 6.00-7.00… First time ever. BUT I do find once I eat, that dragon wakes and wants more, so be interesting to see how tonight goes, that I find the hardest, in front of telly 🙁 …..could even fit a whiskey and zero in tonight mmmmm I’ll think about it 🙂 take care team, nearly over 🙂 CG xxx

SO QUICK CG….in actual fact its called a “spiral slicer” some copy company called it VEGGETTA…baa!……GO GAL XXXXXX

My apologies, it came up in my emails and I looked it up, and couldn’t find it so thought you meant the other one, just in case members were looking for it 🙂 …CG xx

Taco, don’t worry if you go over, the cut down of ANYTHING is a bonus! and it takes a while to get into the zone (where your body feels better for less cramming). If you belt yourself up it feels like an ordeal. and not a life plan you’ll embrace. There’s always tomorrow and it gets so much easier.

TIP: Miso soup with a few additives, like konjac noodles, dried shallots, shitake dried mushrooms, is very filling and can save ones bacon. very low cal and can be prepared at home to heat for work lunch (if you have access to a microwave there) The konjac noodles are only 10cals for the whole packet, pre cooked and only need minimal prep. they are made by ‘Slendier’ and found in the healthfood section at woolworths. they also have konjac angel hair, fettuccine and spaghetti.Great to add spag sauce to(as is cauliflour rice) None are actually made from pasta , but a highfibre derived from an Asian source. luck. try not to starve yourself to the point where you go overboard the next day.

Have to give a clap for Barata and Fastina reaching such great goals! so well done! And to all of us. Tomorrow’s not so far.e can do it.
    Thanks for another great day, girls. I’m into the konjac angel hair noodles and miso soup as above. have a good night. xx

Gypsy

You are a wordsmith of old very rare these days, love to read keep it up………I’m sure plenty get encouragement and entertainment, I certainly do

Hi All!
    OMG – needed two coffees to read all the posts this morning! It’s not fair; ye keep turning the page and I can’t remember who said what thanks to my goldfish memory, so I hope I get my replies right!!!
    Doggy, Barata and Fastina- great losses for you gals, fantastic results and living proof that this wol really works and is worth sticking to for lots of reasons.
    SJ – best of luck with open studio, you are doing so well to avoid temptation, I hope your OH appreciates all you are doing! 🙂
    Taco – no beating yourself up, there is not one of us who has not struggled as you are; but it does get better. The hard days get less, you find more ways of coping and your results will give you the heart to keep going. Don’t feel that you are a moan, we are here to listen and support or distract with a few laughs 🙂
    Gypsy – fab poem, I think you must have some Irish blood in you with that gift of the gab, as we say over here. A bit of wit and banter goes a long way in boosting everyone’s morale, so thank you! 😉
    CG – love your sayings, you’re right that the last generation had some very pithy phrases for all sorts of occasions. One of my favourites (to be used when someone is whining on with no genuine reason to do so) is: ‘Get down off the cross, we need the wood!’
    Best of luck if you’ve been fasting and have a lovely weekend!

Well my FD ended up being not quite a FD but not too bad. I’ve avoided all the stuff at home but had to go shopping – not a good combo when you’ve been ravenous for hours (weird isn’t it when I have the same thing every fast day for brekky & lunch). Had 4 macadamia nuts out of my shopping bags to get me home, then re-heated dinner at 6.15 as couldn’t wait. Now given in to a Jarrah hot choc so have ended up at 641 calories. Now all I have to do is last until bedtime…it might be an early night.
    But hey when I think about habits from the past I would have bought hot chips, a chocolate bar of some kind, or maybe a take-away coffee and a cake (or eaten the whole bag of nuts!)…..and then I would have gone home and cooked dinner for us both and eaten some more! So all things considered I didn’t do too bad & could have been far worse. Just one of those days. Hope everyone else made it through a successful FD. sj

Hi everyone , thank you so much for your kindness, I really struggled today. Gypsy, I will make the miso with the extras for my next fast, thank you for your advice. Fit, thank you for your kind words , Suejen, I hope you made it to the stroganoff :). CG , I hope you had your whiskey and zero -my dragon has been awake and roaring today. I made dinner today but I must admit that after I served it up , I so wanted to lick the bowl where the mash had been. Instead I scraped it with a spoon and and are the scrapings. I think I will drink more water on Monday. I also think that other things in life also got in the way – a family member unwell, my car is gonski! I will buy one tomorrow as I need to have it by Monday – back at work etc. …in the scheme of things I am happy that I made it till now. I’ll go to bed soon to avoid temptation 🙂 I’ll see you all tomorrow for weigh in 🙂

Suejen, I think you did really well, I would have eaten everything.

Barata and Fastina, congratulations 🙂

Nite Taco, nite Johnboy….. Hmm wonder if Mayhem made it out of bed?…..sigh…. oh to have young bones to sleep on…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good Morning all! I hope the weigh-ins bring you success, if it’s an increase – not to worry, probably a blip or food in transit or just water. As CG says, let’s not sweat the small stuff ( I love the motto!)
    My own case in point – weight’s gone up by 1 kilo this morning, BUT – it could be any of the above, and will eventually come back down if I stick with it 🙂
    Keep calm and carry on fasting 😉

Morning Lotus, a lot of us find if you weight TWO days after a fast, the result is better for some reason. Even so, as you say, possibly food in transit, it’s pretty early, wait till you are “empty” to weigh again.. 🙂 yes and DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF 🙂 CG xx

Yes you are right, will try tomorrow 🙂

Good morning, sorry for all my whinging and carrying on yesterday , I did lose weight , thank you so much everyone. I would like to weigh myself again but like my car, my scales stopped working but for some reason today it all looks better. Lotus, I’m sorry to hear 🙁 you worked so hard but it is be like CG said, weigh later or in a couple of days it may be water or food still in your belly. Gypsy, good morning 🙂 I survived. I wish you all a great Friday.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for your kind words, everyone. I don’t think I will vanish entirely, CG, I’m still a pretty substantial beastie (still not getting my head around my new shape, you see). I have lost half of the 800gm from Wednesday night, and as you say, tomorrow will be better still – if I’m not silly tonight! I am lucky not to have one of your dragons to awaken, just a habit of nibbles after dinner, especially if relaxed with a wine or two.

Congratulations all of you who made it through yesterday’s FD without resorting to the old habits. You have the right attitude, SJ, comparing now with what you would have eaten, so you can take a bow on that – and we will all do a little dance with you. 🙂

Lotus, if like me you keep a graph of daily weight, you will record the ups with the downs, but the downs will drive the trend.

I have put shitake mushrooms on the shopping list, Gypsy, will add to my miso.

Taco, not whinging, sharing and receiving support – the whole purpose of US!

I’m enjoying my Friday off, able to catch up on chores. Just waiting for the electrician, then will be off for a routine mammogram this arvo.

Good morning team, how are you all feeling? Taco, we are here for you to vent your feelings, that’s the beauty of being part of a team, we all understand.
    Suejen, you still fasted, you would have been a lot less than a normal day 🙂
    Fit, loved the saying, makes you wonder where they originate.

Todays stats
    June 2014 99.5k
    Sept joined 5:2 – 94.0k
    Bust 120.9. Waist 116.1. Hips 116.1. Neck 39.9
    Today
    Weight 75.5k
    Bust 104.0. Waist 90.0 hips 99.0. Neck 34

What a wonderful easy doable way of life, YOU CAN DO IT. Plateaus are a way of life we have to accept, I was stuck on 80k for three months! 🙁 But kept with it and it moved.
    Don’t beat yourself up team if nothing has moved for you, your body is reaping the rewards of your healthy choices. Regrets are a waste of time, it’s the lesson we learn that’s the true value. Don’t sweat the small stuff, you KNOW you are eating so differently than before joining 5:2, you do have a lot to be proud of. This is a marathon, not a quick sprint, so we are all in for the long haul 🙂 and enjoying a few laughs along the way. No journey goes without a few pot holes in the road, and how boring would a smooth trip be? Our 5:2 is PART of our life not all of it, so live, laugh and enjoy. I’m looking forward to hearing about your weigh ins
    Have a great day team 🙂 …CG xxx (typing without glasses, gotta go, apologies for any typos)

Wow! Countrygal, what an amazing weight loss! Congratulations 🙂 Thank you for sharing, I’ll remember what you said when I reach my plateau. I am so motivated now. Also thank you for your words of wisdom 🙂 Have a lovely day. Ps everyone, I can’t wait to stop wearing ‘fat holders’ under my dresses for work, I’m so sick spandex / elastic stuff.

Good Morning AD’s
    A big day today, its WEIGH IN DAY for most of us her. (well not for me until tomorrow)
    Congratulations Barata and Fastina for such great losses!!! You must be doing a happy dance everyday….
    Well Done Taco to be able to survive the fast yesterday and congrats for the weight loss. Do you wanna share how much you lost in first week? We like numbers here 🙂

CG, what a star you are. You are a true determinator to be able to hang around at a plateau for 3 months….

GG, a big hug and congratulations for the loss too.
    and Lotus, Chin up, you have the right attitude, this extra weight can be water or bloat. You are doing all right things so do not worry at all. You will beat that kilo out of you asap (gently though..LOL)

And claps for everyone for the great efforts:-

Hand Clap

I am fasting again today, doing my 4:3 this week. I know there will be lots of eating and drinking next week (GG, CG- do you hear me?) .. LOL
    So, I am trying to get some of the diet sorted this week.

My normal weigh in day is Saturday, so will report my weight tomorrow.
    Until then, its Friday guys, enjoy the weekend and try to be in control. Little bit of control will take us a long way on this road.
    FB

Hi FB, I was shy to post my numbers after acting like such a crybaby over fasting 🙁 but I am happy to share, I lost exactly 2 kilos. I started off on 90.1 kg and today after two fast days I am weighing 88.1 kg. I am so full of hope, I can not believe it. I have been used to an upward trend for so long that I am shocked.

Oh, I meant to add that I am sure most of my loss is water loss but I am happy for any loss in the weight department 🙂

Greetings all you lovely team members. This is a happy, happy little doggy today. My start weight 3 months ago was 77 kilos. Today I’m 68.5. Congratulations on your great poem Gypsy and well done all of you with your encouraging words of wisdom.
    Taco this 5:2 diet does get easier as time passes. Whe I first started I was ravenously hungry on Fast Days. I also felt cold, even in mid summer. I no longer get so hungry but I do have three meals a day. I have found that I have an egg with fish or other protein at lunch time. This does not spike ones Insulin levels so does not cause hunger. You have already taken the first steps to a new healthier you. Your weight will drop and your mood will be chirpy. This is another benefit of the Fast Diet. It also improves our mental ability. Building new neuron pathways in the brain.
    I bought a lovely leg of lamb for dinner tonight and plan to roast it with all the accompanying veg etc. I know it will blow my TDEE sky high but I’m of the opinion that if our daily diet is too restrictive we are more likely to just throw in the towel and go back to the bad old days. I have no intention of doing that and being self conscious of my shape. I WILL GET INTO NEW BATHERS NEXT SUMMER and enjoy our beautiful beach and bay.
    Cheers Doggy

Taco, what a great loss, feel positive, the numbers are there and it IS happening. Of course fluid is the first to go….but it is going, and the fasts and water are detoxing and cleansing for you.
    Just back from the chiropractor, cancelling the next injection, apparently I’ve twisted my back with the falls I had with the last injection which paralised me, so some acupuncture and manipulation and I’m feeling so GOOOOD, look out Melbourne, and I heard you FB loud and clear 🙂 🙂 So will hold off now till I see my surgeon in two weeks before any more injections, just one more time with my chiro…with the majic hands! Don’t like the thought of too much cortisone anyway, immune system breaks down so wondering if that flu I had could have been part of it?
    Anyway, on with the day, GG, I wont know you being so skinny! 🙂 maybe we should all carry a flower of some sort 🙂
    Barata, I understand the feeling of the new shape, my chiro remarked at my loss again this morning saying how it will help my back, but I caught my reflection in a shop window and did a double take….then smiled 🙂 Funny how we still think of ourselves in larger sizes.
    Have a lovely day team, the pressure is off, eat senceably and watch portion sizes but have what ever you want …..including a drink or two :), you find you wont be hungry and only need smaller meals to feel full too. All the power of positive thinking 🙂 …CG xxx
    Ps In my stats I didn’t add my thighs, they were huge, now quite skinny 🙂

WOW Doggy, that’s fantastic CONGRATULATIONS….and you enjoy your roast…yuuum 🙂 ..CG xxx

Sorry Sorry Sorry
    How can I forget GYPSY, and your wonderful poem. You are amazing. Love ya words!!!!

And Taco, that is such a good result. And no need to feel embarrassed. We are same minded people here. All of us are or have been at the same place.
    The truth is that you are well and truly on the right road.
    2 Kilos is awesomeeeee!! Congrats again,

Now that you ave left those 9’s behind, you must be very very happy. Good gal Taco.
    Don’t worry if its water loss or not, point is:- if you continue this path, this is actual loss.
    Generally first week’s loss is larger than subsequent weeks, but it is definitely a LOSSSSSSSSS!!! Yoooo hoooooo!!!

And Doggy, I have my eyes rolling here, 8.5 kilos in 3 months is amazing. I am sure it is very very rewarding to be in those 6’s. My goal weight is 63 kilos and your current weight seems very near to my target. (Doesn’t make sense right? I am just excited… LOL)

Here’s the dancing for Taco and Doggy’s achievements:

Dancing smiley

PS: CG, love your stats so far 😉

Afternoon, losers….puff…puff.. Dang! Does anyone else find that they get heavier immediately after exercise! Or is it just my halo dripping lard!? harrumph!

So, I weighed in at 85.4 kg’s bright and early this AM. (that’s at least a 500g loss for the week) but ????…..I really did the holy thing this week, exercise, walking (yuck!) no (or not much) booze and noooo gluttony,(except for just ONE (teeny) fatty chop… drool…)…but I came in under 500 cals for FD’s…. yatta, yatta…. I so wanted to see the 84’s again! (Had a flash just before I went on hols). so I just did damn near two hours of combo strength and fitness crap and (had only green tea and water prior and that’s added to yesterday’s FAST TIME!) AND THEN I wEIGHED IN AT BLOODY 86! ….bugga….What the?..considering I never gained an ounce by grazing freely without a care for the two weeks prior!…. Disgusted…going to sulk now… I waz gunna have a skite, too! just goes to show how much an inflated head weighs! (and,Taco, you needn’t worry about being human, we all get to lose the plot in turn)

Bah! You’ll find me under the mango tree sucking up fumes! (from the still)…munching on porky chops….with my feet up….upsetting the wild life with REALLY loud rock!….and let this be a lesson to us all…..The CGuru is right….. relax! tension is bad for your digestion…. And yes, I’m being a brat! Thank god I’m at least getting YOUNGER! …. no comments from the peanut gallery, you lot.. thank God it’s Friday!

…um and it’s quite okay to forget me at this point, FB! ….sorry I never read anyone else’s happy posts till I vented my own. Good on you all! I was sitting on my little plateau and enjoying the view of my feet, with drunken parrots surrounding them. (They tend to get into the molasses mash left over from distilling) and it came to me that ninety percent of my weight problem is hot air! Haw, haw! And you mob are the cure! I just got back on the scales and it came up 84.8! …. what is the moral? let off steam BEFORE weighing!…. and don’t look down on the little people…just because yore much BIGGER…well, that’s about the bulk of it…. Havagoodweekendkids.xxxgyps

Wow Gypsy, there you go, give it time to move before you weigh, we all know before and after our shower can be different 😮 if your not happy with the scales, get back on later then average the loss or take the lowest 🙂 keep up the good work, you hung onto it for a long time so it will put up a fight when leaving you hehe! BUT YOU WILL WIN 😉 have a great week end, no matter what you plan.. CG xxxx

Doggy Wow! That is fantastic : ) congratulations. I like the information on new pathways in our brains being formed, I am a bit of an air head and always have been, unless I diary something, it does’nt happen. I’m back at work on Monday and dreading it because lunch is being provided : (
    and I really like the lunch the boss provides. Lol, I should be ashamed of myself. I will take my egg and bit of fish, miso soup and vegemite water! Countrygal, I am so glad you are not getting the injections and are getting chiro and acupuncture until you see your surgeon : ) It made me happy to hear about your reflection and ypur smile : ) Fatbuster, thank you for the dancing and yes, I am happy to be out of the 90’s and into the 80’s : ) Thank you for the yoooohooos too : ) Gypsy, i am so glad you got 84 Yay! Do the parrots eally get drunk? If they do please keep an eye out for cats, the poor parrots may become an easy target if they are tipsy or drunk : ( I got a ‘new’ car : ) everything in it waorks and it has a radio Yay!!! Dad is staying over tonight as it is his B’day tomorrow, I will drop him off to his on Sunday : ) I think we will all have a few wines this weekend : ) I’ll see you all later this evening. Thank you for your support and kindness. xxx

You are so funny Gypsy…. “Let off the steam” …LOL

My fast day is not going well today. Third fast of the week is always a bit difficult but today my tummy is gurgling over and over again. I am so so tempted to eat something like NOW!!!

Hubby is not fasting today so he is going to bring in a bottle of wine and some munchies tonight. NOT FAIR!!!

Big question is:- Will I be able to survive the whole day as a fast day???? OMG , where is my determination…. Arrrghhhh 🙁

ok apologies for the long reply!

Haha GYPSY! Yes I did get up but a rare sleep in was lovely!
    TACO – don’t stress about it too much! I had an ok FD yesterday but I did slip up late evening, I ate the ears off a delicious choc bunny (oops blame pms and crabby kids entirely) oh well still didn’t go much over 600 cals after that. As long as we are determined we will get there.
    FASTINA – yep pms what fun! I am like a bear with a sore head for about 2-3 days before and I will eat anything with a chocolate content in those 3 days without thinking – time to be strong and try resist being quite so bad with the chocolate , I used to find switching to dark choc helps as I cant eat anywhere near as much!
    Wow CG – 5pm without eating I don’t think I could manage that one, I don’t stop at work and was starving by 1pm yesterday! I am trying to push it out but also still have my regular breaks at work just a bit later (or my boss gets grumpy for me not taking a break!!)
    And can I say again WOW CG!! Your results are fabulous I just hope that I can get half as good results as you have !
    TACO ! yay for 2kg off!
    DOGGY – you definitely seem like a happy little doggy! And rightly so ! what a wonderful result!
    Ok its taken me 3 hours to type this response!!! Been crazy busy at work.

As for me – well fell of the wagon a tiny bit on FD yesterday and am thinking that I might chalk this week up to a learning experience for 2 reasons – I didn’t take my measurements to start with and I feel like I have learnt a lot this week but I know I have a long way to go. I feel really good today and havent been hugely hungry which is a bonus. I did treat myself to my usual Friday small cream puff from the bakery (about 200 cals) and I enjoyed every mouthful which is good that I can still enjoy occasional treats.
    My scales are dead so I will be buying a new set tonight to replace the ones that are busted so I can weigh in and do full measurements tomorrow morning before I head into work. But I feel less bloated and feel like I have lost a little.
    The one thing I think I learnt this week is that on a FD that I do need to try drink a lot of water in the morning otherwise I end up with an allday headache which is no fun!
    Cheer uniform fittings are tonight and I am going to plan ahead and make sure mine is snug so that I have a goal to keep working towards !!!!! motivation is the key!
    Cheers
    M.O.M 

FB why punish yourself, you got to your goal for the family. Don’t you think it’s time to relax “on” yourself instead of being so strict now. A K either way will not be noticeable to GG or me, you will be gorgeous as you are 🙂 also having our couple of days together will not break the back of any of our hard work, it does you good, physically and mentally to have a break. I know you just came back but two fasts a week are ample my love especially when just getting back to 5:2. 🙂 ease up a little on yourself, 4:3 is difficult for anyone, but you do it every week. You will reach your next goal maybe a bit slower, who knows but two fast days are plenty with healthy choices and portion control on nfd 😉 YOU CAN DO IT 🙂 ..CG xxx

Mom, it takes time to adjust to this whole WAE and WOL, but each fast does get easier and it is a learning process. The dehydration you are getting is because your eating less. Coffee and tea are both dehydrating depending on how much you have. I usually make up a jug of flavoured tea the night before and use it in my water bottle instead of plain water, or a few slices of lemon/orange whatever suits. Just another tip. 🙂 but you’ll find your choices will differ over time but more importantly the food obsession slows, being new it’s all you can think about but it passes I promise, 🙂 chin up soldier on, you’ve done well for your first week especially with your few issues and 600 is not a bad start! ..CG xxx

thanks CG – yes I agree 600cals isn’t too bad! but I was just disappointed I had that craving I couldn’t beat.

looking forward to a quiet relaxing weekend with the kids this weekend. maybe some craft and I might take them to a movie for a treat!

have a great Friday evening and keep up that AD!!!!

Yes CG, i am sure that even if I pile up all the weight back (14 kilos… Nooooooo) you and GG will still love me as it is….
    But you are right, I may get back to my goal of 63 kgs a bit slower n I need to relax n come into ease with myself.
    I reckon I m being strict to myself as its first week n I m finding it hard to get back into routine.
    As you know that I am used to 4:3. I feel more in control of myself with 4:3. This is why I am trying hard.
    But, your advise taken n that wine is going to flow in two glasses now…. Lol
    Love ya

Good for you FB, I’m having baked beans on toast with bacon tonight with real butter, very wintery here now so perfect easy Friday night dinner 🙂 CG xxx

Hi All had a busy day so just posting. I weighed in this morning at 73.1 a loss of 600gr. So a few extra calories did no harm. Forgot to measure so will do htat tomorrow. I’m getting excited that I can almost see the 70 light flashing around the corner! And then there’s an even more exciting one starting with a 6!! Another 700gr down and it will be 10 kilos kicked to the kerb. Can’t wait – but then again I can as I’m not too worried when I get there, so long as I’m going down.
    Now hte only trouble with posting so late is that……….you can’t darnwell catch up!! CG what wonderful stats truly amazing you’re a legend. Enjoy those baked beans and butter and bacon. MoM don’t worry about that craving as you know I had it too yesterday & it just couldn’t be beaten. But that’s unusual for me after 3 months of 5:2 now and you’ll be the same in a little while. Some days you gotta go with the flow – now I don’t mean mindless eating, cos that’s NOT what you’d call 600 calories, but most days you will easily do 500 so it’s just a blip for some unknown reason. Mom the reason I have my Vegemite drink (1 tsp in hot water) on a FD was headaches in the beginning – bad ones, & it works a treat. You could also use Bonox. From reading around the forums it’s the salt that helps relieve the headache. Coffee is also supposed to help so I usually have at least 1 coffee, & then herbal teas after that.
    FB I sure hope you DID have that glass of wine and that you enjoyed it too.
    Gyps so glad you let that steam off and got an 84.8! Rant all you like – we enjoy your rants.
    Taco and Doggie congrats on your fabulous losses too. Doggie I will join you in the quest for new bathers for summer next year – anyone else want to join in too? Enjoy your scrumptious leg of lamb and don’t worry about your TDEE. We gotta live and enjoy our lives on this journey. Have a great weekend all and enjoy the eating relaxation of our weekends – aren’t they wonderful!! suejen XX

Hi All!
    Great news and posts from everyone…even if some are not recording losses, the posts are positive and affirming. Wisdom is being shared and newbies are learning the ropes, so it’s all good! This thread is a wonderful place to share, let off steam, rant, celebrate, applaud – whatever it takes to get us all through as a team! Well done to you all for your positive contributions…love catching up every day.
    SJ – you are so right about our habits changing and therefore we do less damage when we go off the rails a bit. Well done on your loss too, brilliant! I’m sure your measurements will go down too.
    Taco – that’s an amazing loss, whether fluids or not, keep up the good work and you will be out of spanx for good! 🙂
    Lotus – you are doing a great job, you just have to hang on in there and this blip will pass. We’ve all had the same experience and come out the other side. Chin up and keep the faith!
    Gypsy – you are a hoot! I can just see you under the tree getting drunk with the parrots…bet that’s some conversation ye are having !! Heh, heh! Congrats on getting the right result from your scales eventually!!! 🙂
    Barata- well done on your loss, it’s all going the right direction!
    FB – loving your posts with the clapping and dancing little ADers!! 🙂 So cute!
    Doggy – stunning results; Pepper has a whole new mom to run around and play with him!
    CG – so happy to hear you got some relief from your visit to the chiro and I hope you get lasting solution soon. Glad you liked the saying. I saw another one yesterday on the wall of the restaurant where we went for lunch and I think it sums you up to a tee. ‘The happiest people are not the ones who have everything; they are the ones who make the most of everything’. <3
    Have a great weekend everyone and be good to yourselves!

Fit, that is so nice, I’m really touched, thank you..have a lovely day and the up and coming week end…CG xxx 🙂

Good morning team, very Wintery weekend expected here, good inside snuggly movie type weekend. Catching up on ironing, now my back feels a bit better 😉 so in front of telly and watching the rain outside too.
    We are into count down now for meeting up, all excitment! 🙂
    Have a lovely weekend team, be kind to yourself, live life to the fullest with no regrets, it costs you nothing, just imagination 🙂 we are only here for a short time so enjoy 🙂
    Loved my baked beans on buttered toast with bacon last might, left the toaster out, so home made pickles on buttered toast for supper with my coffee….bad habit….nipping that in the bud before it starts again…..notice how toast tastes better at night? 🙂 ….happy day CG xxxxxx

Morning –
    at work yet again *sigh* its a long week when I have to work the extra sat mornings.
    I found someone in my cheer team who has changed to the 5:2 WOL a long time ago and so its going to be great to have someone super supportive.

I did notice one thing last night my energy levels at cheer were up from normal . YAY and I did ask for my uniform to be fitted as snug because I am a woman with a GOAL! if I can lose 5kg before our first comp at the end of july I am going to be thrilled.

as I am counting my official weigh in and start from today here are my measurements I feel writing them down here will help keep me accountable to you lovely ADers

weight 88.9kg
    waist 102cm
    bust 107cm
    hips 116cm

now to do some work although Saturdays are pretty mindless and I get most of my meal plan done on a Saturday for the week!

have a fabulous day !

Mom, list them on your tracker here, and you’ll watch those numbers fall, it’s lovely to look back and see how far you have come 🙂 …have a lovely day (once you get home) …CG xx

Hi all. Too many names to mention and so many great posts and positive thoughts. Gypsy, re your drunk parrots. In Africa there is a tree called Mopana. It has a large nut like pod that ferments as it falls to the ground and the elephants love them. They actually get drunk on them. Can you imagine a drunk elephant! Actually a liquor is made from the pods called Amarula. It’s very yummy. I loved your losing weight letting off steam.
    I’ve just got back from puppy school. I’m knackered & so is my juvenile delinquent puppy. He still goes ballistic when we arrive and he sees the other pups. Sigh. Next week we start advanced obedience class. I sometimes wonder why I let myself get talked into these things.
    Our roast lamb and veg was super. I cooked enough for tonight too so more overindulgence to come. I’m not concerned as I know come Monday it will be the 500 calories again. This diet does work. Oh yes I’m also planning to hop into a few glasses of wine. Strictly medicinal of course- ha ha.
    Taco I too used to get headaches. I put it down to dehydration and upped my fluid intake. I haven’t had them for a while.
    Enjoy your weekend all.
    Cheers Doggy woof woof.

Good Morning ADs
    Saturday lazy morning for me. Still in bed as its that TOM again and I have taken a panadol to settle pain. Good day to be in bed as its cold here as well.
    CG, that buttered toast is always very inviting. But you are in control now and aware of your choices, so that toast is not going to do any damage.
    I enjoyed my wine last nite as well. Winters are cruel, they make me eat n drink more… LOL

Weigh in day for me today. I sneaked out of the bed to do my saturday weigh in ritual.
    last Saturday my weight was 72 kgs. Today its 70.6 kgs. So, a loss of 1.4 kilos in one week…… Gotta be happy with that.
    Now, I am a kilo away to get to my pre holidays weight.

So much waiting to see that 6’s again. Here are my stats ( not a brag)
    Start weight 4 Oct 2014:- 84.5 kgs
    Current weight 18 April 2015:- 70.6 kgs
    Total loss in 6 months is 14 kgs
    Goal Weight:- 63 kgs

1.5 months out of these 6 months, I was not doing 5:2. Rather time was spent eating n drinking like a pig everyday… Lol

So, MOM, i am positive that your target to loose 5 kilos by july is totally achievable. Just keep following 5:2 n you will definitely get there.

And Fit loved your saying. Its very deep n very true.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

ITs now middday and we have just returned from fishing out on the lake. The most fasinating site of the morning was a large pod of dolphins teaching their babies the fundamentals of play and fishing … took some photos so they will be there for CG and FB to see next week.The countdown is well and truly on for Melbourne and I AM WEIGHING IN AT 72.5kgs this day ,total loss of 10kgs YES YES YES!!!!. I will say this now it will not be so for too long My birthday celebrations have began small today BUT will be HUGE tomorrow.
    Well done to everyone with your losses this week… for those that are having a no show …..You know that it will happen , you are making the right choices with food and exercise. The plateau will break… though it can be a few weeks. change some of your food choices …do a B2B…. BE PATIENT! be happy and confident that you are gaining the wonderful benefits of good health that 5:2 is giving you. Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION do its thing and you will come out well in the end. The team will support ,encourage and guide you through all the steps of this WOL.
    GYPSY- I can just imagine with lol at you and a bunch of drunk parrots .it must have been so funny. I can only guess the conversation!!!!!
    I am going back to clothes packing for chilly Melbourne and finding something interesting to wear for my birthday lunch tomorrow. Have a real AUSSIE DETERMINATION DAY TEAM… keep smiling !!enjoy your time with family and friends . Do something special for you! FOR YOU DESERVE GOOD THINGS…..hugs to all….GO GALxxx

Afternoon everyone

Congratulations to those who have lost weight, welcome our new people and for those, like me, who lost the plot this week – lets start again. Emotional roller coaster this week and the pantry was full of … things.

Anyway, read an article recently about where does the fat go as we lose weight. Apparently it both dissolves and is breathed out (heavy breathing best). So I understand now why in my younger days it was easier….more bedroom antics (lots of huffing and puffing)…got older…less bedroom antics. So bye for now as I have to go and find my husband – have a lovely week everyone.

Jenmic, good luck, doesn’t take much work with the imagination 🙂 …CG xx

Feeling brave enough to ‘fess up now JenMic has paved the way. Lost the plot too this last week, did a good Monday fast but all downhill from there so will start again Monday (maybe). OH had a birthday Tuesday – family dinner, rellie funeral Wednesday – lunch, been running between two hospitals with my brother in one and sister had knee replacement Wednesday in another and just packed in the Thursday fast. Felt guilty for a whole day then got over it. Don’t know how I’ll go next week, 7 yr old grandson has pneumonia and won’t be able to go back to school Monday so will have him here from Sunday arvo.

Did however find a new way to lose weight. Had to shift my scales into another room which has a floating wood floor and when I weighed in Tuesday I was 1 kilo heavier!! Not to be outdone I moved them back to the hard tiled floor where I usually keep them and ta da! a kilo lighter 🙂 so ladies, shift the scales around and show them whose boss!!!

So enjoying everyone’s posts, just haven’t had the energy to do so myself. Good stuff happening on here. Gotta go and do another hospital visit, done one this morning already. Keep up all the good work and just in case I don’t get to post again for a bit, have a great time you ‘three muskateers’ I look forward to hearing all about it. YY xx

Golly, yumyum, I was thinking about you and your whereabouts yesterday. You do have a lot on your plate, so be kind to yourself, if a fast doesn’t fit at the moment, just use smaller portions and healthy choices. Totally understand where you’re coming from, so relax and take care of family business, we will always be here for you, all the best CG xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 4,351 through 4,400 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.