Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 14,786 total)

• Sorry, I meant ‘post’

Ooh Taco that sounds yum. Always thought about making my own but never quite got there. If it’s a simple recipe & you’ve road tested it already! I’ll be trying it for sure. Thx. I was very happy today. I bought 2 pairs of pants over the summer but one black pair I’ve never worn as the waist was too tight & squished me into a real muffin top. But I took them up today and………I wore them!! There’s definitely still some improvement to go but I was content enough to wear them & could see how much better they looked than 8 1/2 kilos ago. Gotta love it. Byee sj

Yes CG – bizarre thing about common sense is that it is definitely not that common! My weigh in was ok because I was still the same weight as last week, but have lost another cm off hips and thighs!
    SJ – that’s great about the trousers starting to fit and feel better – another week or two and they’ll be perfect. Well done you!
    My niece who came home for Oz this morning commented on how well I looked and asked me to stand up and give a twirl to show off how much weight I’ve lost!! Happy days 🙂
    Well done to our newbies, who are very much on track and cannot help but succeed with their great planning and meal suggestions – keep up the good work!

Wow, always so much to read and always, some wise words.

Congrats to Gunna. Fantastic!

And CG,you are right about beating ourselves up for small treats. It is silly but easy to do. In my case, I think I am impatient especially now that I am away. I wasn’t this obsessive at home!

Gypsy, I see you have worked out that no, I am not a new granny merely excited about a much more boring addition to my pantry, the corn thins.
    I have 4 children of prime breeding age but no one seems to be thinking about it yet, all with good reasons, but I long to have a grandchild one day! Preferably before I am completely decrepit! That is why I have a puppy!

The in utero stuff is interesting isn’t it, Doggy. It is responsible for all sorts of things. Having worked in disabilities for many years, I sometimes wonder how any of us mange to be born healthy. So many things can go wrong, yet most of us are just fine!

I am sure the health IQ of this group must be zooming up the charts, even for those who have dodgy backs etc, everybody’s knowledge, behaviour and enthusiasm can’t help but have an impact on our actual health. So exciting!

Good morning team, HAPPY FAST DAY, your future depends on what you do today! YOU CAN DO IT let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION work for you, it’s surprising how much strength you have when you need it, remember the pride you feel at the end of the day when you got through another cleansing fast day.
    “Tension is who you think you should be
    Relaxation is who you are” 🙂
    So relax, don’t obsess, enjoy, YOU CAN DO IT 🙂
    Have a great day team, this is for you, no one else, no need for explainations just that personal sense of satisfaction YOU feel. 😀 …CG xxxxx

morning ADers! I’m still in bed this lovely fast day, conveniently coincided with the first of the tours to look at high school for master 1, (eek not ready for high school yet) so I’ve enjoyed a slow start to my day rather than a chaotic one where I need to have left for work by now! The kids are even relishing in the rare watching of tv in the morning!
    So far have had a cup of peppermint tea (my new fast day starter as green tea didn’t seem to agree with me) & I have my trusty water bottle by my side. Lunches are all packed and kids fend for themselves for brekkie which removes a lot of temptations yay! Have a great fast day everyone!

What a perfect start for you MOM, you’re on your way! 😉 …CG xx

Hi All!
    Still finding it odd that you are all just getting up while I’m about to get ready for bed.
    Won’t be even attempting to do fast day myself until Friday because I have two meals out with family tomorrow! I’m going to make the best choices I can, but at the end of the day, I’m going to enjoy precious time with the people I love most in the world! This wol really is the best!
    Happy fasting to all my AD pals….I know I would not be as far down this road as I am without your support and encouragement. 🙂 🙂

Good morning all! Fasting today, but not really feeling like it… Will chug along though, hopefully to undo the damages from the last few days of lack of discipline…

Carrot, Cucumber, boiled egg for lunch – I am feeling a bit hungry now (9 am AEST)

Funny Lotus, I get like that some fast days, all of a sudden there are RULES! You’ll be fine, hang in there YOU CAN DO IT, hot drinks, really miserable weather here today making the tummy gurgle, cold weather needs hot food! 🙁 It’s only one day 🙂 CG xxx

Lotus – don’t despair. Find something to keep you busy or get out of the house for a walk and the hunger will pass. You know the drill….drink plenty and before you know it, the day will be over! Hang on in there, your Aussie Determination will see you through xx

Thanks a lot CG, Fit, for your support and kind words. I do have a busy day at work but tummy gurgles are distracting LOL. Will get a hot cuppa now- should be ok with that till lunch 🙂

Countrygal: your posts are so positive and inspirational, I think they set me up for the rest of the fast day. This is my second fast , I’m sure it will be easier than the last . I am excited for tomorrow’s weigh in. Sujen: congratulations on the weight loss
    Fit – it is great to hear how one shrinks with this diet , I can’t wait until I can say I’ve lost something. MadamM: enjoy the day it’s beautiful 🙂 have you tried rosehip and hibiscus tea, it’s lovely and kind of lemony – sweet . Fit Enjoy your day and the company of your family and friends

I have to say, that the entire hunger pang stuff is after many months, and probably because in the last few days the food was well within TDEE but really high-carb. Note to self- do not fall in the same trap again!

Lotus, have lots and lots of tea , miso soup really fills you up, CG suggested it and I rushed off to get some – it really works, I get the seaweed one. Have a lovely day every one. I’ll post the yoghurt recipe as soon as I find the thread

Greetings fellow AD’s. FD here too. I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this before but I’ve found a good low calorie meal for lazy day and Lazy cooks like me. It’s by Lean Cuisine and its Malaysian Chicken Laksa soup. It’s 178 calories and ready in a few minutes in the microwave. It’s got ginger and other nice spices and I really like it. I about to have a black coffee. FDs have got easier for me as the time goes by. I had a sneak peek at the scales this morning and have lost another 500 gms. It is so encouraging.
    For my fellow avid readers. – I can recommend The invention of wings by Sue Monk Kidd. It’s about slavery in America and very interesting. Of course depressing that human beings can be so cruel to each other.
    Have a good day all and remember tomorrow is FRIDAY. – gotta love Fridays!
    Cheers Doggy

Taco, in the search bar on THIS site, type in AUSSIE DETERMINATION RECIPES, you’ll find our site there 🙂 CG xx

Doggie, I agree, a great book. I also have just finished Bitter Greens. Actually about the story of Rapunzel but I couldn’t put it down. The story as told by a french nun in the 15th century who probably created the original tale.

Thanks Taco, yes, usually I have Miso Soup too (the S & B brand? – its got seaweed and tofu and stuff, so quite yummy), but finished my pack and no time to walk to shops now. Will get it at lunchtime :). and yes, black coffee and lots of water
    Doggy – that Laksa sounds yummo! At the risk of sounding cowardly – don’t want to read any depressing stuff atm… Need a nice grisly murder mystery, with may be a hot hero thrown in 😉
    In real life – have a large boring report to get back into 🙂

Waves to all!

After being all cocky and giving advice , got hungry so I had an emergency egg , miso soup and 3 cups of tea.

Congratulations doggy 🙂 that’s great . I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow .

Thanks CG , I found the recipe thread and added my yoghurt recipe. The yoghurt may be used for cooking, or as a dessert/ meal – I also have the fruit syrup recipe, if anyone would like it , please let me know and I will post it. It’s a 5 minute one 🙂

Morning! bit sad I’m out of bed, Can’t seem to sleep in these days, I wake up bright and early, ready to go. Dang! will have to revise the program with this healthy rush!

Ah, well, it’s a good job I have you lot to entertain my focus for FD. (exercise on FD’s makes me hungry now) Go figure! The body wants fuel to go climb more mountains (figuratively speaking).
    Fit and Up – So envy you your travels! My sense of adventure has returned, along with the cooler weather and the belly melt!

Taco, love, you keep going, I promise you that belly WILL GET OUT OF YOUR WAY! At 5FT 2″ and 94kilos I had an obstructed view of my feet! Add 68yrs and creaking joints and this time last year I thought I was done for! Along came diabetes, blood pressure, clogged arteries and a depressing image in the mirror….Yeah..

LIFE WAZ ON THE BUGLE…

…I was bulging from me clothes
    Couldn’t touch me toes
    Wobbled when I waddled
    ‘N’ life waz on the nose…

I waz down ‘n’ out ‘n’ blue
    Then I heard about 5:2
    Yahoo!
    Ta’ hell with bein’ dun in
    Them AD’s are up ‘n’ runnin’!
    Now it’s CG on me case
    ‘N’ ol’ GG’s in the race
    On the rail it’s our Fatbuster
    They’re all meltin’ in a cluster
    Doggy’s yappin’ on our heels
    Gawd! How good it feels!
    Uptight! Fit! To kill
    There goes Suejen! Up that hill!
    Taco’s Foxing on the straight and it’s Mayhem in the middle,
    Yess! they’re Gunna do it! Them ol’ nags! Fit as a fiddle!
    Ho!the crowd is on it’s feet!
    Yo! That ol’ Coutry Gal looks sweet!
    There they go! Around the bend!
    Yesss! The mob is on the mend!
    It’s the Michael Mosely Cup
    ‘N’ the lard has given up!
    Yahoooo!
    AD’ers Win! True Blue!……(The gypsy)

Another gem, Gypsy!

….Good Lawd, I missed ol’ Lotus
    but I couldn’ turn the page…
    so she’s the floral tribute
    ‘N’ we’re all the bloomin’ rage!

Oh Gypsy! I love the poem:) thanks for sharing , the description of how you were feeling and looking is the split image of me 🙁
    I waddle, I’m embarrassed about my belly, I notice people at work looking at it, I can hardly paint my toenails – I am always uncomfortable. But I am grateful for the support I am receiving here. I know I could never , ever do it alone. I also have pain because of my weight. I had a sore knee, that’s sort of gone, my lower back hurts and the worst is plantar fasciliatis- your hills hurt- yuk I sound like a pain in the neck

Love that Poem Gyps! Total gem.

I meant ‘heels’ lol, hills hurt too 🙂

Lovely and easy recipe for the yogurt Taco. Definitely going to try it out. 🙂

The Michael Mosely Cup – how apt, Gypsy! Lovely encouraging words.

Just off to check the yoghurt recipe, Taco, I have recently discovered Greek yoghurt and love it on my muesli. You’ll get there, with the support of these ADs.

Hey CG, don’t know how you keep finding new motivational quips! Thought I’d heard them all, but “Tension is who you think you should be” &”relaxation is who you are”? (I love it!) Deeeep, mate! Profound!

Reckon that’s a whole lotta’ stress off my lazy bones! Some people just aren’t naturally active. So lettuce give us relaxed types a medal for getting up them hills! on foot?!!! (Just had a brisk walk- and I bloody hate walking!) But I know I need exercise to break the plateau. Am ready to stop standing still (at least weight-wise.) Hmmmm…

Flash! Think I need to go on a long range biker trip! That’s it! My next exercise focus! Activity based exercise is my thing. Remember girls, you can do ANYTHING easy IF you enjoy it. So go dancing if that’s your thing. Don’t force yourself to do what you hate. It has tension repercussions. And there’s a difference between relaxation and boredom, too. Mind stimulation is the the key. It’s our minds that shed or hold the dross! Relaxing into the bends! Yess! That’s the ticket. Lunch under a tree with the crows outback….Thanku for the inspiration CG! You’re Magic!

…Oh, boo hoo, I lost Barata!
    But it really doesn’t matter
    She’ll be at the winning post
    (Sooo much skinnier than most!)….

Taco, Just settle into the lifestyle for the long haul and be kind to yourself. Your body WILL show it’s gratitude for every effort you make, but it’s your mind that feels the results! Listen for the giggle in your mind as you dumbfound those who think they have you pegged. You’re OUR kind of loser, baby!
    Determination will get you there and we’ve got it in spades! Expect delays, but never, ever give up! He who laughs last laughs longest and finally finds that Laughter is the key to hereafter! So don’t struggle through your days, enjoy the feeling of being in charge. It becomes easier and even addictive, to avoid what makes one ‘feeel’ fat (usually bloated, by food that doesn’t nourish or even taste yummy anymore) You’ll be amazed how the right food gets to taste soo good! Intermittent fasting detoxes your cells and sharpens the taste buds.
    Just do it until you don’t have to try to believe. It will be your truth. In the meantime, Get yourself a mantra and repeat it under you breath whenever you have a negative twinge, Yell it to the top of that hill whenever you feel the win! And be persistent. Til it comes to the surface automatically. It will change your subconscious buttons (perhaps presently geared to sabotage your conscious efforts to CHANGE. Keep it simple. Keep it un-mistakeable and keep it on the true target. GIVE IT A CADENCE. All ancient spells come in ryhme and get repeated thrice. My magic mantra is:

“WHATEVER THE DIFFICULTY
    I CHOOSE TO BE
    HEALTHY
    ..AND SLIM!”

Luck to you! Gyps

“WHATEVER

Afternoon AD’S. Gypsy great poem !!!!….love the MICHAEL MOSLEY CUP… Wonder if he reads our humour filled site.
    Taco – what a good yoghurt receipe. will have tomorrow as am having the MUSHY STROG with corgette noodles tonight , its one of OH favorites.
    Fast day is going along well… Oscar took me for a walk this morning ,he wanted to run so I manged to do a little jog to keep up with him …a bit of a record 15mins.. he then was tired , he has such little legs ,but goes like the wind when he is in the mood lunch was miso soup with whipped egg poured in as its cooking some snow peas and my fav broccoli. I added some greek yohurt to make it creamy …. it was good.I have had made a jug of green peppermint tea , sweetened with stevia so have been drinking that for most of the morning. WILL I BE 71kgs for Melbourne? who knows!
    Have a wonderful day !!MoM are you out of bed yet? lucky girl to sleep in …GO GAL xx

Afternoon all. Just back from Pilates & thank goodness I screwed my head on straight on the way home. Was just parking to go in and buy a cappuccino then something hit me that it was a FD LOL.
    Gypsy your poem is an absolute blast and a gem as well. Don’t go away again is not good for us!
    Dogie loved that book The invention of Wings…was so good. And another 500gr gone woohoo for you. Go girl!
    Lotus I so agree with you about a carb-fest making FD’s much harder. that’s when I had problems getting back into the swing of it. They must have so many yummy additives in them to make us crave more & more. Not good.
    Well FD good so far & have the rest of my Beef Stroganoff ready for dinner with some steamed vegies. It’s only 300 calories & if I’d had a LF greek yoghurt on hand would have been even less, so pretty good for a cold wintry day when I crave a stew. Will post up for you on our site.
    Have a great day all and use your aussie determination to overcome anything that comes you way. I know we all want results but don’t stress about scales, measurements or calories. We’re all in this for the long haul. There is no deadline to meet or average weight loss or anything….we’re all travelling our own journey…….but we just happen to be doing it with a wonderful, supportive, loyal bunch of people. Ain’t that great! suejen

WOW, I go out for a couple of hours and looked what I’ve missed. Gypsy, always reliable, just luv ya mate, you keep the smile on our faces 😀 thank you for your incredible sense of humour, it’s always been my main stay, no matter what the upset I still try to see a funny side (not always practical but it helps me) and my humour is sarcastic usually but not cynical.
    Taco, love the recipe and yes to the other one too please.
    Doggy well done (for snooping) lets hope tomorrow is good news too…..and it will be.
    Gypsy, don’t leave us again unless your bike rides are day trips….thems are orders mate 🙂 I’m sure your leprechaun couldn’t do without you again either.
    Gyps, my quips are from memory a lot of the time, from books etc but my Mum and Nanna seemed to have a saying for every situation, like most families I guess, and they just stick. A lot I see on web pages and they stick. Mind you some family sayings come out at the wrong time, like when dealing with a patient but couldn’t help myself 🙂 but most of the time they got a laugh, or other staff did!
    Hang in there team, the days half gone, don’t wish it away, you’ll never get it back so enjoy it, think of the good you are doing your body, no medication, no expensive supps, just choices and portions, how good’s that. You probably see the inside of the little room a bit more often today too, but think of the exercise you’re getting coming and going! 🙂 …be kind to yourself, team, you deserve it…CG xxxx

Thanks Gypsy 🙂 I have always been my worst enemy, but this time I am determined to be the boss of my mind and not the other way! I like your mantra, I might borrow it until I find my own one . Go gal, Oscar sounds as if he has given you a workout. I’m dying to make the mushroom strog but I need to buy a zukkini/spaghetti maker first. I have shopping to do but I have not left the house yet, it’s such a warm beautiful day here.

Taco, as an alternative to spaghetti, you can just use a peeler and peel the zucchini to make “fettuccine”. Lightly blanch in salted water and they are (almost)like the real thing 🙂

That’s okay, Gypsy, I knew it wasn’t deliberate. 🙂 And as for being at the finishing post, my weight on Tuesday and Wednesday was … YEEHAA 58kg! Up this morning after a dinner with dessert last night, but FD today, so down again tomorrow. I had decided that 58 would be my goal, after passing 60, but will keep on with this WOL for health benefits, and to see if it’s possible for me to ever be scrawny.. 🙂

Yes, I like to weigh daily, record my weight on a spreadsheet, live with the ups and downs and admire the trend. One thing I have found, I like myself better. Not only the weight loss, but the sense of control over my life, it’s just wonderful.

Must try your miso soup blend, GG. I had my first taste for lunch after picking some up earlier in the week, and it went down quite happily.

Lovely sunny autumn day here in the capital, and the horrible wind of the last few days has eased off, thank goodness.

Keep up the good work, all.

Suejen, that recipe will be a winter fav, for sure, is the overall recipe for serving four?
    Barata, wooohooo to you, well done, you’ll turn side on and they’ll mark you absent! 🙂 have a great day. CG xx

Hi All, Sorry I have not posted in a while, so many posts to catch up on! Seems like you are mostly all doing very well and getting results one way or another. I am up and down around 66kg over the last couple of months and it is frustrating. Also having PMS is making me want to eat everything on this fasting Thursday. How do you ladies manage this? Do you still fast when you have your period or when you have PMS? I am doing ok at the moment but jeeezzz… I don’t know.. 🙂

Sorry CG yes the Beef Stroganoff does serve 4. Don’t suppose I can get in and edit the recipe?

Countrygal, I have posted the syrup recipe that goes with the yoghurt. I am struggling today 🙁 so I’m off to have more tea. Suejen, I like your recipe too : ) I’ll use tofu, yum.

Taco I know how you feel today. I’ve had a bit of a slack day (doesn’t help) aand I have to have little biscuits and nuts out all day for any visitors who come to look at OH’s open studio artwork. It’s killing me….but I haven’t had a single thing yet and plan to stay that way till my Beef Stroganoff! Grrrrr More herbal teas coming up!!
    Stay strong Taco and I will too, use our aussie grit and determination to stay on plan.

Hi Fastina, you are doing really well, my days of those problems are long gone but maybe a miso soup would help? Or use the flexibility of our 5:2 and leave fasting until you feel better. 🙂
    Taco thank you for the recipe, we seem to be getting a few strugglers today, not long to go for dinner, you have almost made it, let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in, tomorrow you can have whatever you want 🙂 grab another hot drink, even a miso soup, or a vegemite drink (teaspoon of vegemite in hot water) for a real beefy flavour pick me up? You’ll be so cross with yourself if you break it this late in the day. C’mon, you can do it 🙂 …CG xxx

SJ, Taco – don’t give up yet!! hold on a couple of hours girls, you inspired me to stay strong this morning 🙂
    Fastina – I had similar issues with PMS, but over the last three months, the PMS symptoms have really reduced, so the last few fasts at the time have been ok to deal with. But, if it gets too hard, skip it and fast another day. I am sure this Way of Life is flex enough for human failings ( esp. of the hormonal kinds!).

Taco- I bought my VEGGETTA on e-bay for $12. Cannot wait to try the yog with that syrup. Thank you.
    FASTINA & BARATA- are you both sure you have not disappeared? BIG CONGRATS to both of you!!!!!
    FATINA- Most of we Ladies are or in the menopause way of life. Thank the stars…in some ways, But I do remember the days when I would gobble 1/2 a pkt of mint slice biscuts with a big glass of really cold milk and that was breakfast ,lunch and dinner…. That’s when I was in my 20’s and living and working on an adrenaline rush…. fright ,flight and fight! those days and weight gain were not a problem……its being in my 50’s and a once size 18 that are the concern….happy now that I am a comfortable 14 and a firm but tight 12 in some clothing. Funny my Mum has kept a dress that I had sooooo many years ago . The COVERS label… which was a Australian design company. The dress is”VINTAGE” now so she gave it back to me ….. the pity is its a size 8! I was 24yrs old when I brought it for a Wedding… big shoulder pads and so slimming , I remember it made me look even smaller…. OH for those days! Will never be an 8 again,,, satisfied with 12-14……GO GAL

Taco- I bought my VEGGETTA on e-bay for $12. Cannot wait to try the yog with that syrup. Thank you.
    FASTINA & BARATA- are you both sure you have not disappeared? BIG CONGRATS to both of you!!!!!
    FATINA- Most of we Ladies are or over the menopause way of life. Thank the stars…in some ways, But I do remember the days when I would gobble 1/2 a pkt of mint slice biscuts with a big glass of really cold milk and that was breakfast ,lunch and dinner…. That’s when I was in my 20’s and living and working on an adrenaline rush…. fright ,flight and fight! those days and weight gain were not a problem……its being in my 50’s and a once size 18 that are the concern….happy now that I am a comfortable 14 and a firm but tight 12 in some clothing. Funny my Mum has kept a dress that I had sooooo many years ago . The COVERS label… which was a Australian design company. The dress is”VINTAGE” now so she gave it back to me ….. the pity is its a size 8! I was 24yrs old when I brought it for a Wedding… big shoulder pads and so slimming , I remember it made me look even smaller…. OH for those days! Will never be an 8 again,,, satisfied with 12-14……GO GAL

🙂 didn’t you think we heard you the first time? 🙂 hehe xxx CG

Thank you for the encouragement CG, yes I will be cross with myself if I give up now. It’s just one of those days. I haven’t even walked my doggies instead I have given them liver treats, I haven’t been to the shops etc. I have had 4 miso soups, two hard boiled eggs and lots of tea. Suejen, you are very self disciplined, I would be beating the customers to the nuts and buiscuits : (
    I will stay strong, and CG: I’ll do the vegemite trick on my next moment of weakness : )

If anyone is looking it is Veggetti for vegetable spaghetti xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.