Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,851 through 3,900 (of 14,786 total)

• LOTUS & SJ….. Thanks you for your kind words. Atrial fib/ flutter is when the heat beats very fast or just flutters without emptying all the blood from the atrium. The blood stays in the atrium and can clot.The worse case scenario….which can lead to stroke. I already take asprin as a preventive. I do not qualify for other blood thinners or a procedure which is shocks the heart with an electric current called CARDIOVERSION.. I am having a cardiac echo on 14th April. As I have a thyroid condition this can be one of the causes…..but is mainly brought on by stress.eg my friend’s passing, my Dad of 90yrs being unwell with renal dysfunction. an argument with my Mum because she is being stubbon and selfish about my Dad…. and as you rightly said SJ….just being a women.So I am having me time and I really am going to be fine SERIOUSLY!…. My boss is not happy about it… BUT… I worked all day Monday with it and never let on… that what we Nurses do … GYPSY will attain to that. Thanks again lovlies…..GO GALxxxx

Thanks all, for the encouragement- made it through most of my FD without going over limit. Ate the celery and carrot sticks from lunchroom as my dinner, so I felt that I wasn’t deprived, but at the same time didn’t go over calorie limit.
    For all newbies ( or at least newer than 3-month-starter me, lol), its amazing how fasting changes how we perceive food and our need to consume it. I never thought deeply about how we always have a choice about what goes in our mouth. I knew about it, in theory, but fasting has opened my eyes to the possibility of standing next to food, and not putting it in my mouth.
    As a die-hard foodie, I am amazed and humbled at that.
    Go Gal – I have a high heart rate too, they made me do a treadmill test and ECG etc about mid- last year but said nothing wrong with the ticker – I am fairly fit, but heart rate is consistently high. Not on any medications for it though… Hopefully reducing weight will help our hearts too!

Lotus – You are so right about this WOL opening our eyes & changing perceptions. As a dedicated foodie too, I’m still cooking but have the strength to have (& enjoy) a smaller portion & to resist being a glutton. I’m satisfied (most of the time) with much smaller meals. Surprisingly, it has all come quite naturally & it gets easier the more FDs I do. Gotta love it. CM x

Hello! Happy hump day!

So after my fabulous first fast on Sunday – I think I overate on Monday – so I did a fast day yesterday (and I must admit it seemed pretty easy – I even waited 20 hours before I had even a coffee! – which, may I add, is not easy in my shift work job!)

I stuck to 500 calories, and today I felt guilty about having a toasted sandwich for lunch… I will have to try and stick to some meat and veggies for dinner tonight.

Charlies Mum – thank you for your kind welcome. I hope you are doing really well and powering along.

Go Gal – I hope you are ok!

Country Gal – Just saw that you are waiting for surgery – nothing too serious I hope :O

To everyone else who messaged me – thank you. I will do one more fast day again this week as the second one I did was damage control more than anything. I will weigh after my fast day possibly Saturday morning and post my results. I fly for a living and I find when I weigh myself after a trip – no matter what I have eaten, I always weigh more – It takes about a day for it to settle down. So Saturday morning after my fast day and then I start my 2nd fast week on Sunday.

Have a great night everyone
    X

Hi All!
    CG – so glad you’re feeling better now and you will be in the best shape possible for your surgery when it comes around.
    Lotus – thanks for kind words. I think you’re brilliant for tackling 4:3, especially with temptation so near, but you are strong and determined and you know the results will be worth it!
    GG – sorry to hear about heart irregularities – my brother in law has something similar and has to have occasional ‘jump starts’, as we call them, to get his heart into a regular rhythm again. He is used to this now and it doesn’t seem to cause him any problems. Hope you get sorted soon and glad to hear you are taking some ‘me’ time – it’s very very important.
    Doit – don’t worry about scales, I’m sure they will tell a very positive tale and enjoy your holidays and make the most of precious time off.
    CM – thank you too for kind words, you have your head right now and will continue to go from strength to strength, I’m sure.
    Angel – what a great start, keep up the good work!
    Weigh-in day for me today and delighted to say I have lost another half kilo and have hit my target weight!!! Think I will keep going for another two kilos so that I have some ‘wriggle room’ for special occasions. Also another 2cm gone off my waist! 🙂 Can’t thank all you amazing people on this thread enough for helping me stay on track and stay with this fantastic WOL. I know I would have given up long ago without your support, encouragement and laughs!! Big hugs to everyone!

Just fantastic Fit…you must be feeling amazing right now. So happy for you. Nite. CM x

That’s just Fantastic Fit!! ( now you are truly “fit” too)!! Buy yourself little a gift ( tiny charm or scarf) to commemorate 🙂 take a photo of now and tack it an old photo, then hang in the wardrobe to remind yourself. Give yourself a biiiiig hug 🙂
    I weighed in this morning too team, and happy to report that have lost 800gms this week – current weight 76.0 🙂 woohoo!! Happy that all the self-control paid off…

Good morning team. OH WOW such great news girls! Fit, just so proud for you, getting to goal is a fantastic achievement and I agree with Lotus, get a new haircut or a personal gift JUST FOR YOU. Your probably able to do 6.1 now? It’s totally up to you but agree staying with 5:2 is probable better for a while for wriggle room. 🙂
    Lotus what a fantastic loss for you too, congratulations, your strength against temptations has paid off, now that’s AUSSIE DETERMINATION! 🙂
    Angel, stay with it, stay strong, your doing so well, your attitude is in the right place so keep it up.
    Fast day for most of us, very cold in country Vic so good soup day 🙂 too as well as hot drinks. You all know the benefits, we just heard how well it works, we all know it works, so let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION work for you today YOU CAN DO IT …easy!!!
    My cows are going this week so expecting a few tears, but will be getting a couple of calfs in after my op to raise from babies and depending on their nature, will keep and let them live their lives in luxury with me. 🙂
    Stay warm team, you might get the chills with this cold snap whilst fasting so dress warm and keep the hot drinks going, have a great day…you are what you think..CG xxx

I edited my message twice, did my spell check but each time I submit, the original with mistakes comes up…sorry team, another glitch with this site I guess. 🙂 CG xx

Thanks CG, no typos in the post, so it must have worked…

Hi from across the ditch. A day of first: My first FD today, now 11.30 and not hungry yet, my first talk with you all, and my first game of tennis, well it didn’t look anything like on TV but we did a lot of running after the balls so that’s the important bit.
    I love this forum, its so positive.

KiwiB welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION, tennis is a great game to keep fit, I played years ago, more like a hit and giggle but any movement is good with 5:2. Your fast days get easier as time goes on, try not to obsess with food, drink plenty especially if the tummy gurgles start, nice hot cuppa, the “hunger” will not cause you any issues, it’s usually thirst anyway. Think how proud of yourself you will feel when you get into bed tonight 🙂 when you complete your fast. Stick with veg, soups, salads but protein with each meal helps keep you feeling full, bit of chicken or fish even a hard boiled egg. Good luck, you’ll be fine YOU ARE NOT ALONE, we are here for you….CG

Hi team. Welcome KiwiB. You have joined the right group here as everyone is very positive and encouraging.
    CG I’ve just made your Straganoff recipe. I didn’t have the non dairy yogurt so used light cottage cheese instead. It is very yummy. Thanks for that. I will be making it again. Today I had a Lean Cuisine Malaysian Chicken Laksa soup for brekky. 178 calories and it’s very nice. If you like Asian food, I do. So easy as it is zapped in the microwave for 5 minutes. Now I’m off to cook up another of our teams recipes. Not sure which one yet.
    We had a very heavy rain band move through at sparrows today. How good is it to hear the rain pouring down onto the roof when one is reliant on tank water.
    Oh CG I feel for you with your cows. It must be hard. It sounds as though your future calves will have a long and happy life in Gippsland.
    OK must crack on as I want to watch the cricket this arvo.
    Happy FD all.

Hi All!
    Thanks, gals, for the congrats. Must say I do feel good about the progress I’ve made and I think there’s a new MAC lippy with my name on it!!!
    KiwiB – welcome on board. Stick with us all here and you will do fine….fasting and exercise go very well together and you will be reaping the benefits very soon.
    CG – look forward, not back. After your op, you will have a whole new lease of life and be able to lavish lots of attention on your new calves. I know your Aussie Determination will see you through.

Hi Everyone,

Well, two fast days in a row was a dismal failure. I got to dinner time and totally lost control. I think that feeling hungry for one day makes me feel powerful and in control but for two days I just feel deprived…I’m fasting today but this time time “it’s for real” and I’ll make it through the day. I think my head was just in the wrong place because I was grumpy at have my days switched. I would have inhaled those donuts if they’d been near me…

This morning I had a meeting at The Pancake Parlor (and no, I didn’t eat anything). At the table behind me was a group of four. The older man in the swish suit spent about 20 minutes talking to his friends about what a difference 5:2 has made in his life. He’d lost so much weight that he was having all his handmade shirts and suits “re-tailored” to fit his new figure.I wanted to turn around and tell him that I’d just started but didn’t have the courage. It was good to hear though. I’m not sure that “re-tailoring” will work for my wardrobe but who knows. Better to nip and tuck fabric than flesh.

GoGirl, are you one of two lovely GoGirls that I know? Initial M or R? Just thought I’d ask!

Cheers,

BD

Morning you fabulous people….Thank you for your well wishes…. THE TRESURER is fine.
    WELCOME KIWIB- hope you enjoy our AUSSIE DETERMINATION SITE!
    FIT- Yes …I can see your name on the MAC lippy.
    CG – Thank you for your help yesterday.. love you heaps…. Sorry about the cows… the new calves will have a happy life at the glenxxxxxx
    ANGEL- well done and welcome to you.
    Fast day for me today… feeling happy . My ME time today is a pedicure and massage.

Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION IS strong… be confident …YOU CAN DO IT… love….GO GALxxxxx

Hi team, just a quick share, I am freezing today, unsure if it’s the weather or my fast. Just had a lovely hot bowl of asparagus soup I made, so glad the freezer is full of portions for times like this. Could be an after affect from my injection too, still a bit tender, and expect to be for a few days but feeling very positive, can’t afford to be any other way. 🙁 Chicken neptun for dinner so all low cal today. Just got a message from my son, the donuts are 111cals each yippeee, not over 480 as originally calculated. No,…… None today but glad I know. 🙂
    So happy you’re doing well GG, we all love you and care 🙂
    BD how great is that, to over hear a conversation regarding the pros of 5:2, usually people NOT in the know knock it as a fad….but we know better 🙂 Good on you letting your AUSSIE DETERMINATION take over too, would not have been easy in a place like that BUT YOU DID IT 🙂
    Thanks Fit, I do enjoy the new babies coming and decided this time just to get two after my op as pets, they are all usually pets but out grow my property so move on to be dairy cows.
    Well, kettle on, getting ready for a lazy day in front of the cricket, jeans, ugg boots, heavy windcheater trying to get the chill out of my body, doesn’t happen very often these days but I’m feeling it today…stay warm team, don’t be conned by temptation, this is for you… CG xxx

HI Team Fit fabulous on hitting your target weight (or should that now be FabulousFit?) and agree re a few more for wriggle room. That’s what I’ll do way down the track. How much did you lose all up – too far back & too many pages to find out!
    You’re very welcome here KiwiB from across the ditch! and yes, you’ll find all the support you need here. We’re almost always positive. Sometimes we have a whinge but then everyone encourages us & we’re back on track.
    BD I’m with you on B2B fasts – just can’t do it, mentally more than anything. It just feels like too much deprivation. I love thinking about the food I can have TOMORROW….so then it’s not too far away.
    Gogal enjoy that pedicure & massage girl. Mmmmmmmm!
    CG I love that you’re going to be able to keep your calves. They will love your lush Gippsland pastures.

Well thought I should weigh-in today as my FD was yesterday – next week I’ll synchronise with some of you on Friday. So have hit my lowest weight so far of 74.1 & a total of 8 kilos now kicked to the kerb/back of beyond/whatever. A loss of .6kg after my big gain of last week & no weigh-in. Happy with that & will take it. All getting me closer to 70/& the 60’s. Have a great day all. Stick with our WOL…it’s the best. And we have so many great examples on this thread for us to follow! suejen

Hi BD….. My name is Janeen….. You now know 3 lovely people called GO GAL!
    Keep doing well on 5:2

The pedicure did wonders ….. I fell asleep while having it done much to the amusement of the nail staff and other clients…..so relaxing ME TIME…..GO GALxxx

Welcome, KiwiB. You are the second honourary Aussie from this side of the Tasman. I joined this thread when I first discovered the forum, as, like you, I was impressed and buoyed by the support and encouragement. Just pop in sometimes, but read the postings and feel so happy when I read the positive loss stories. Keep it up, everyone. Off to watch some cricket, now, to see who we are playing on Sunday. Go Aussies.

Hi all, just back from first leg of the family circuit. Lots of variety, including a couple of days on a cattle property. Routine FD’s got shot to hell on a diet of steak, avocados (trees full!)BBQ and a mixture of booze! But am on track today and still on the 86.5 plateau. (so that’s Excellent! thought it would be MUCH worse!) I have decided there’s no need to rush the goal posts and am savouring just feeling better than I did 9 kilos ago! I feel in control of the flab, with 5:2 as the antidote. So there is no need to give up enjoyable times.
    (The “eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we di(et)” motto is perfect! Cool, huh?

GG!I DO RELATE to what you’re saying. Nurses push the pale when it comes to their own mortality, but generally draw the line at genocide! Don’t worry about the boss, you will never be short of a job!

You pretty much know how to fix what ails you and it’s okay to take cave time. just follow the code, (set mind at rest followed by the body!)ie.. block out guilts, it is your prerogative to say “I don’t want anyone to look after me, just the privilege of not looking after anyone else!” ….. and set up your cave accordingly (with adequate supplies and a lock if necessary!)

eg.. Starve a fever, feed a cold. If it’s visibly bent, it’s likely broke. if it’s painful, give it the 0-10 triage and treat. If it’s invisible and interfering with your nervous system it’s called STRESS. Deal with it. If all this fails Get back up opinions. Bloods, systems etc, and DO NOT desist until facts inform or dismiss ALL niggling doubts. Cheers, mate! illegitimus-non-Caborundum!
    CG Cyclone missed us all and fizzled, No rain our way at all, in fact dirt roads were dry and dusty. I Probably won’t get to back read fully(so much happening!), but have skimmed what I can (before heading off in the other direction to my Southern mob. Thinking I may be away for Easter.
    glad you got your pain RX, but hope you have regained safe mobility! (get the kids to stock your wine up and place in easy reach, no point being unstable with no visible cause!)

Welcome to newbies, I’ll be back! Carry on! xxxGypsy

Wow Gypsy, there is the proof of our 5:2, so so forgiving and so many have shown the odd pig out doesn’t hamper all the good work in fact it seems to do us good. Have a safe trip my friend, enjoy…CG 🙂 xxx

Gypsy! I will take heed to your advice… steps are being taken for my cave (with lock not an option )as my cave man wants to protect and hibernate with me, Thank you for your concern. Have a great trip South and enjoy whatever your fancy….so pleased that Nathan did not cross you…..probably had heard about you LOL and decided not to visit…. thank the stars BUT horrible for others in his path. Hugs on wings flying to you…..GO GAL

Hi All!
    Thanks for the new names, not sure I will be calling myself ‘fit’ at this stage of my life, but certainly alot better than before. I have lost about 8kg in total since last autumn.(I made a half-hearted attempt to start 5:2 before Christmas and then had a major blow out for a few weeks. Started in earnest again when I joined this thread in Jan). It doesn’t seem like much when I read others’ stories and struggles; and no-one is stopping me in the street to remark on my loss or appearance, but I feel much better and my clothes fit better. I’m hoping my health is benefitting too.
    BD – I’m with you on the b2b fasts. I tried it once and found it very hard and was miserable. So only do what makes you comfortable, and you will find the best way to make this wol work for you. You can do it!
    GG – so glad that you took some ‘me’ time. Pedicure sounds heavenly and you dropping off during it just shows how much your system is in need of a break….so listen to it!! <3
    CG – enjoy the cricket and keep warm. Sunny here but cold outside..spring seems reluctant to start properly just yet. Will definitely be staying on 5:2 for a while yet; have lunch out today with a gang of gal pals, also, my gorgeous daughter home this eve so we going out for meal cos it was OH’s birthday yesterday!!
    Suejen – well done on your lowest weight yet!! Woohoo, brilliant!
    Barata – good to hear from you. Best of luck in the cricket.
    Gypsy – so glad you avoided the worst of the weather and that you are enjoying your family time. Have a ball and 5:2 will be waiting to get you back on track as soon as you’re ready.
    Go ADers everywhere!! 🙂

Evening all (sounds like something out of The Two Ronnies!!!!! Had an unusual FD today. My niece is visiting from Melbourne and got excited enough to ring me for a beach day because it was going to be over 30deg. Just had a coffee for breakfast, took lots of water and didn’t need another thing till dinnertime. Really needed it by then tho. Made a stirfry with sirloin steak and veg. plus 100gr. Slendier noodles. All up 290 cals and really satisfying. So still enough in the tank for another coffee and snack now. Water was cold at first, summer is moving on, but after a walking slog through the water was warm enough to enjoy it. CG don’t mean to rub it in, just takes longer for cold weather to set in here in the west.

Fit, wonderful news re target weight. You must be feeling amazingly empowered to go for another 2 k’s. Whacko!
    Gypsy encouraging to know occasional pig outs aren’t too damaging. Enjoy your trip.
    Angel you sound as if you have got a good grip on FD’s and welcome KiwiB

Yumyum what a pefect fast day….and weather. Pouring rain and very cold now but filling my tank which I love. I have access to town water but prefer the taste (and price) of my own 🙂
    Fit keep up the great work, people WILL notice but I guess if you were close to goal to begin with others wont notice as much but YOU know and that’s what’s important.
    You have come a long way with the interuptions and our 5:2 still works yoohoo.
    Australia won the cricket so Sunday will be our really big match with New Zealand. Mmmmm.
    Off to bed now, have a lovely evening team..CG xxxx

Hi all,Up here. Don’t know if anyone has noticed me missing in action! I have been reading but find myself in some challenging circumstances.
    I’ve lost 7 kilos since November and have been happily chugging along with the odd hiccough like most of us. A couple of weeks ago I flew to Melbourne for a long weekend. It started with the Qantas snacks being 600 calories just for afternoon tea. They gave us a big biscuit and a cake. Anyway, the next 4 days continued in that vain with social events and family gatherings. I at least skip the breakfast outings that everybody else did!

So back home, unsurprisingly the scales said 2 k’s up but I was aware that some of that was water weight as I was carb loaded.

Problem is, the next day I flew again to the U.S. 3 different flights to where I am now living for the next few months with my husband. I am now living with the joy of american supermarkets. It takes forever to find unadulterated versions of what I want. Yesterday I wanted a bit of coconut for a sambal to go with curry and had to buy sweetened coconut. Sugar is in everything and everything comes in giant sizes! I don’t have a car and walk (good thing) to the supermarket but no such thing as Bird’s Eye steamed fish and they don’t stock corn thins!!! Not tragic compared to a psychopathic pilot but traumatic for me nonetheless, as my cooking options are limited!
    We have been here a week now and I am finally getting over the jet lag and back on track. I have joined a gym for the first time in 2 years and have been going regularly but skipping today as it is pouring rain, a 15 minute walk though it is a little warmer as most days are sub zero temperatures!
    On my second fast day in about 2 or more weeks. Jetlag caused me to sleep until lunchtime (I am a bad sufferer) which helped!
    But the biggest problem is no scales!!! I need that motivation. The gym has some of that kind where you push the metal bit along the slide. I thought they were meant to be accurate but my husband tells me that these ones are completely hopeless and could go in any direction in accuracy. It is a university gym and they have obviously had issues as there is a sign asking people to reset to zero when they have finished as they “want these ones to last”! I would have thought that that kind were indestructible.
    Anyway, I can’t stand out there first thing in the morning having done a wee and being stark naked which we all know is the only way to get the result you want!
    Only here for a few months so not keen to buy any as I can’t bring them home. Good news is all the winter sales are on and I bought 3 pairs of boots for the price of 1. Gotta love that no matter what the rest of you is doing, shoes will still fit!
    So, who knows where this will all end but I am going to continue on with the fasting and try and eat well the rest of the time.I brought some jeans with me that I can’t even do up, so hopeful was I! And I didn’t have room in my 1 suitcase to carry useless stuff.

Anyway, I am reading everything but probably won’t post much. Best wishes to everybody.

Did I mention that directly underneath my apartment is a place called Insomnia Cookies? They deliver warm cookies til 3am….
    Wish me luck!

Thank you for all your encouraging welcomes.
    I wasn’t going to weigh in today as I’ve only done one FD but couldn’t resist of course and WOW I’ve lost ½ kilo.
    It’s foggy here in Auckland this morning so tennis is out as I wont be able to see all the balls that go past me. Will try a bit of skipping instead.
    I will have trouble with the cricket on Sunday as my husband was Australian and I have 2 children in Perth, so don’t really mind who wins just want to see a good game.

Up! Hi! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay there 🙂 I can understand how you feel – had the same culture shook when I travelled to US too 🙂
    Have you checked out threads by US members? There are a few and they will probably be able to help you. Also try shopping in ethnic shops. Probably less additives in Asian / middle eastern shops.
    Also, maybe invest in a set of cheap scales. Money well spent methinks, if you expense the heartache and tension from thinking you are gaining weight, not to mention undoing the hard work from the last few months…
    Insomnia cookies eh? One way to beat fast day sleeplessness, eat cookies at night LOL

Morning all

Fit that’s fantastic hit you goal amazing
    CG hope you are feeling better day by day

Another 300 grams gone this week happy, but the 20 kg (half way goal) I am getting there, very very slowly 18.5kg now. Patience patience patience. I have only lost 1kg in past few weeks. I can do this. But by bit

Anyway everyday have a great weigh in today.

Welcome to the newbies keep going, just keep going we will get there.

Bali

Bali! Keep Calm and Carry on Fasting 🙂

Balli. 18.5 kg! to a newbe that’s amazing. I can see every gram counts. When I fly I’m only allowed 20kg and I struggle to pick it up. So think how much you’ve nearly lost – a whole suitcase!

Lotus, good advice to Bali to keep calm and carry on fasting … thought I’d break out of a plateau after this week but instead after two fantastic FD’s am up 300 gr. Not sure if it was having steak last night. I have been having a WW’s meal or fish up to now and so hungry this morning I’m afraid if it stands still today I’ll eat it.
    KiwiB 500 is a good loss, you are definitely doing ok.
    Quite a challenge UP! I often look at US supermarket shelves when they are shown in movies and the choice (sugar laden I suppose) is enormous. Keep walking 🙂
    CG it was a perfect day, got to 34deg and water was like silk. Probably won’t have many more now. Bet the water you are getting is very soft too. Do you wash your hair in it sometimes? xxYY

Good morning team, gee I’m up late this morning…bad night. Rocky my youngest is a body hugger. He just wont stay on his side of the bed! 🙁 so pretty sleepless night.
    Up it’s great to hear from you, I did miss you but don’t push people to post, life goes on and sometimes members just up and leave us. What a delema for you. Only suggestion I can offer is cook FRESH, veg stirfry, meat and three veg, as you say it’s only a short time…YOU CAN DO IT…and as far as scales go, I’s be lashing out, they are not expensive and if you leave them behind…your still in front being able to watch your intake and keep track. I’m pretty sure they have large department store with cheap items? I’ve never been but seen them on the web. Good luck.
    Bali, don’t worry please, remember my plateau, it went for three months!!! You are getting into a new weight range, the junk has now gone..so to speak, so now is the tough time but keep going, you’ll beat it, my losses are very slow now but being positive and sticking to our WOE is still helping.
    Kiwi how wonderful for you, I bet you feel so proud and so you should, and how easy ay!
    Yumyum, 34 golly, I haven’t felt this cold for so long BUT lovin’ it. It’s so nice to snuggle in winter clothes or at night with the heater listening to the glorious rain on my roof, so not complaining one bit. Like we say, you dress for the weather 🙂 even a singlet when our real cold weather hits. You can always put on extra in winter but summer!
    Well I haven’t weighed yet, still on my first coffee, very stiff in the back today, Rocky laying on my didn’t help, but a hot shower will fix it all, I hope, so will check in later.
    Be happy team, you ARE what you think, think positive thoughts, they show on your face 🙂 ….CG xxxxx

Hi All!
    Yum – thanks for kind words. Yes I do feel more in control of my eating and my weight. Had a lovely time out with my OH and two dotie daughters. Found that I ate well but could not finish the meal because I was full by the time I had eaten half of what I ordered (feta salad, lasagne and chips). I’m sure I will go up a little, but it will be easy to go back down again. That’s what’s brilliant about this wol and sets it apart from any other regime or programme. In the past, I would have kept on eating until my plate was empty, no matter how full I felt. Glad you enjoyed your day at the beach – don’t stress about weigh-in, these ups and downs happen us all. The overall trend will be down, you’ll see.
    CG – your words of wisdom strike true as usual. Keep warm, enjoy the cricket and may the best team win!
    Up – stay in touch as much as you can and we will all do our best to help. I lived in the US for a few months and the only thing that works is to cook from fresh or eat raw as often as possible. Will you be near farmers’ markets or fresh produce stalls?
    KiwiB – well done on weight loss, keep it up!
    Thanks Bali – well done on your loss, no matter how small, a loss is a loss!! 18.5kg loss so far is incredible 🙂

Thanks for the advice. I am reluctant to sound like a whinger because I know that I am lucky to be here!
    I am up north in the snow. No Farmer’s Markets until June! And so funny about cooking the stir fry’s CG (glad things worked out for you,BTW)because we have a furnished apartment with everything provided but only was given 3 saucepans. I like to cook steak, atlantic salmon etc with vegetables as well as stir fry. I asked for a frying pan and one arrived today quite promptly but it is so small we will only be cooking one serve at a time! I would buy my own but I am living in a village and will have to wait until I get an opportunity to go to the big smoke for things like that! Like wise with the scales! And I don’t have a car!

I am living in a farming community, however, and have bought local dairy products.
    Anyway,I will have the opportunity to travel and I have made a friend who lets me know if she is going anywhere that I can tag along with. And I am having fun!

Up your showing your pioneering Aussie Determination. Enjoy the whole experience, 5:2 is so forgiving and I’m sure you’re conscious of what your eating. It will work out for you so please don’t stress, even good ol’ veggie soup, even with frozen veg if you’re where it’s snowing. You’ll get by, I’m sure. 🙂
    Well, I just weighed AFTER MY COFFEE and this time last year I was 99.5k today 77.1k (I’m taking the .1 off for my coffee 🙂 ) so taking 77.0 k yabba dabba dooooo! 😆
    If this doesn’t give you motivation I don’t know what will. Our 5:2 WORKS, just stick with it no matter what the scales say. We zigzag, we plateau, but isn’t any path the same. We still get to our destinations no matter what bends in the road we cross. I haven’t measured, I forgot but will later. Woohoooo 🙂
    Keep the faith team 🙂 CG xxxx

Hi Everyone,

Wow guys, it sounds as though CG and Bali started out at about the same weight as me. It’s very inspiring to see both of you down to the point where I want to be. Soon; I hope! GG, you are in good company with the others GGs I know. All fantastic people.

Today I weighed myself and I’m down to 98.7. I started at 102.something so I’m pleased. This weekend will be interesting though, we are having a Spanish themed dinner with two other families at our place and the menu is amazing. It will be hard not to overdo it. And the Sangria….

Cheers,
    BD

HI All
    Congrats to those who have lost. Especially CG and Bali you’re an inspiration to us all, especially when you don’t lose your aussie determination with plateaus. You prove that it works as so many others do!
    Off to Perth for the weekend this morning & a big birthday bash Sat night. Will do my best to a) enjoy myself totally and b) make lots of good, healthy choices at other times to balance it out. Not going to freak out this time about any gain as I’ve proved so many times that 5:2 is so forgiving. We gotta live, love, laugh and enjoy ourselves along this journey don’t we. Aaand have fun. Have a great weekend all will probably post Monday. suejen
    PS enjoy a few glasses for yourself over the weekend to celebrate our WOL!!

Hello fellow ADs. I’ve just spent the past hour reading through all your posts. go gal I’m sorry about your Atrial fibrillation. What a bummer. Life does throw us some curved balls at times. Family dramas can cause stress. Have you tired mediation? I used it a lot when I had health issues that were freaking me out.
    Congratulations to all who have lost weight. I think that I may well have arrived at CGs plateau. Initially I lost 7 kilos but the past couple of weeks, my weight plus measurements are static. I’m feeling well though and still positive so know that sticking to the 5:2 is the WOL I’m going to stick to. I too have tried B 2 B fasting but it’s just too hard. The psychology works so well with the ” tomorrow ” thing. I too enjoy the odd blow out and do not intend to give up the Sav Blanc for NFDs. This is not a punishment diet.
    CG it’s B cold here in NE Tassie too. I agree with you. I prefer to rug up to keep warm. I don’t enjoy hot weather at all. The climate in central Victoria was too much for me. Too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Here I feel like Goldylocks. Not too hot not to cold, just right.
    The cricket on Sunday should be a beauty. A bit of trans Tasman rivalry is fine. I have a feeling in my bones that the Kiwis are going to win. They have played terrific cricket. I Could be wrong of course.
    Cheers all and enjoy your weekend.
    Doggy

CG – Big Big Congrats mate!! That is just amaaazing.

Up – your new (temporary?) life sounds so exciting 🙂 Enjoy it 🙂 You can always come back “normal” later. But having said that, is online ordering possible?
    Bwaahaaa I want to go live in a small village too… – so many of you are in lovely countryside.
    Hello there Yum, Doggy, SJ, BD, Kiwi, Fit… (and all others who I have probably missed!)

Lotus thank you, I still feel like a novice after all this time because I’m not sure where it will take me, but I’m on board for this fun ride…all the way 🙂

Doggy, Doggy, no no, AUSSIES ARE GOING TO WIN 🙂 either way, let’s hope for a good nail biter. Totally agree regarding the weather, I just love winter, even when I get stuck in mud feeding my calves and step out of my gum boots 😆 just part of this way of life 🙂 at least when I fall it’s into soft mud, gotta have a sense of humour hay! It’s the cosy ness of winter I love and the winter meals mmmmm. The beanie and scarf etc.
    We get ALL climates especially over the last few years, gets to 50 degrees on my front deck and down to zero in winter. Often wonder where the weather bureau get their temps from? Having a good reverse cycle keeps the house cosy either way though. Gone are the days of chopping wood…and finding spiders 🙁

Keep up the great work team, don’t gauge your journey on others, your body goes at its own pace, it’s lovely to share and motivate but also share the not so good times, we have all been there. It’s not a sprint this journey is a marathon, we are all sightseeing, living and enjoying, no deprivations for any length of time, it’s our WOL and WOE 🙂 AND WE CAN DO IT ….CG xxx

Lotus out posts crossed, I adore my little country village. Very friendly, but don’t live in each others pocket, people will help each other, we only usually meet at the general store when we get our mail. Funny even though we are a small population we don’t see much of each other, other than meetings. We do run into each other when shopping in the bigger towns too but I have never felt so safe and content…hence my initial weight gain I think 🙁 People here go out of their way to wave when they drive past, no head dropping as in the cities, just love it. Have a happy day 🙂 CG xxx

Morning ADers
    UP – LOL! Enjoy your time in the US, it will be great. Try Amazon for cheap scales, they deliver & often for free. You’ll have lots of choice. Insomnia Cookies – What The!
    KiwiB – LOL – “Bali’s lost a whole suitcase”! Great work on your loss, the best is yet to come.
    Bali, CG & BD – Yabba Dabba Fabulous!
    Yum & Doggie – Stick with it – I think I’m approaching a plateau too. Things slowing down for me.
    So, for me I’m down just .1 this week to 66.6 – but at least I didn’t go up, so I’m very happy. Visitors seem to throw out our routine, with wine, nibbles, wine, chips, rice, curry, wine, etc. Anyway, back to normal 5:2ing next week. Beautiful morning here in Perth. Heading down to the river this aftn for a relax & to catch up on some reading – 29C, blue skies, gentle breeze, glass of wine, watching the yachts go by….bliss. Off to do more touristy stuff now. Have a great Friday everyone…and GO THE AUSSIES on Sunday!!
    CM xx

Weigh day! and I’m a believer! incredible! 84.7! Whacko! so I’ve seen the the 84’s! and even with my whacky week. I know it will fluctuate, but it happened. Plateau busted! have a weird measurement chart though, whilst I have lost 2.5 inches from my hips, I’ve actually gained an inch in the bust!???? either it’s the new bra suspending the floppies further afield ….or my weights are building back muscle. Eeeek! nuts to that! we want sssslimmmm. Ah, well, I may have to resort to a gym tune up on my technique (I put the fear of god into those muscle bound little monsters who try to set my bars to their perception of old lady exercise). perhaps I could learn something?

Fit, Sooo well done! congrats on reaching your goal! I now believe I can too! Have not seen 84’s in at least 10 yrs! such an exciting boost. it spurs one on to hit the exercise bike and just plod on. it doesn’t have to be fast just keep moving.
    UP! Hiya! yes I noticed you were missing. Can’t believe you went to America, with just one suitcase! Lordy, you have enough willpower and organization to stabilize, no matter what obstacles come your way! might I suggest you stick with my fitness pal and count everything til you get the hang of it over there. Remember the golden rule, fresh is best, processed is worst, green veg is low cal, white, starchy is high cal (bad carbs). Orange (carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato) is good carbs , soup base. Get your sugars only from fresh fruit, stick to lean proteins (chicken, fish, eggs ) there’s plenty to choose from. Plan ahead. As long as you don’t rely on tins and packets too much, you will be fine. Corn is usa’s biggest villain (apparently) stay away from anything to do with it! and don’t forget to enjoy the experience with hubby! Luck!
    Hi, suejen, enjoy your birthday bash, I’m on the same page! life, be innit!

Bluedress, you’ve done very well! keep at it. We love to see you making it and we all know what it takes. good girl!

CG, you’re a dead set Marvel! I would not have believed all this if you hadn’t proved the path! hope your back on deck. minus the pain. don’t overdo it. xx
    Regards to lotus (our flower!)blooming wondrous!

Doggy, (star determinator) hug ya mutt!and hold the phenergan…..he’s bound to wear out in a year or two…

KIwi, (Our baby)first steps are rungs in a life ladder, don’t look down, keep climbing. Such a loser!

Bali, (a stayer!) you will be there when chips are no longer a threat to our waistlines, savour the journey!
    Yummy, (warrior woman! Noooo!, don’t eat it! Drink!)
    …and THE TREASURE? HOPE YOUR CAVE IS WELL STOCKED WITH THE GOOD STUFF,GG!

I’m off to the big smoke…. to be continued… xxgyps

You are too cute Gyps 🙂

AD team – I thought I will share info about this soup I am trying (sipping right now), and found it really good taste-wise: its the S & B brand of Miso Soup with Tofu. It has the tofu, Nori and Spring onion etc in it already, as opposed to some that are just Miso Soup base. Found it in Coles, slightly more exxy at $5.00 for a pack of three (the other brands are much cheaper) – but its tasty and has more substance in it. So filling, at only 30 cals 🙂

Another FD done and dusted (almost 🙂 )

Will definitely be looking out for that brand of Miso soup Lotus, sounds good.
    My snack last night was good too at only 35 cals. It was the WW’s small fruit salad carton not too sweet but satisfying …. most of you probably already knew about them but to date, I’ve usually avoided usually because Not enough cals left over.

Not sure if you nursies out there want to weigh in but I had a Dr’s app. early this morning to check out latest blood test results. Got a big lecture about them as in ‘what are you doing differently to have these results’? Apparently cholesterol is up from 4 to 7.something and sugars are over the top too. Thyroid ok and also other stuff ok. Blood pressure good – although she had to have three goes to get a reading out of the dangerously low level. Sheesh. Been under a lot of stress last few weeks, think that could account for it? I haven’t been living it up food wise other than needing to eat more the day after an FD but then I’m not too hungry after that.
    Sorry everyone, the whole experience left me feeling quite sick. Not used to getting told off and usually both areas are within good to normal range – hence the rant.

CharlieM I feel for you, hard to swallow a .1 loss after the effort of 2 FD’s. Been there, done that, got the T/shirt. But still, a loss is a loss.
    Unintentional fasting happened for me quite a few days this week and still put on 300 grams since last Tuesday – go figure. At least the plateau moved even if it was the other way 🙂

SJ enjoy your weekend in sunny Perth. Starting to hang out for a bit of rain tho aren’t you? xxYY

Golly Yum yum none of that seem right to me, wonder if you should have another one? Nothing in 5:2 could cause that, it still boils down to what you eat but you’re being a healthy eater. This needs more proffesionl people to answer what has caused it, sorry, but wouldn’t want to hazard a guess. It’s a worry for you but how dare she read the riot act! She should have sat and discussed why the difference. So much for bed side manner! I’d still request a second blood test. Your choice, did she suggest anything for you? …CG xxx

Hi there YUM YUM….. Question time…. Did you fast for your blood tests 12hrs prior to the tests?
    Had you just finished some strenuous exercising?
    Stress can be the cursor to an elevated blood sugar level. Stress can cause your body to react in some scary ways…. I, am a recent example of that!
    In cholestrol testing there is a HDL and a LDL level as well as overall cholesterol? which one was elevated.
    Your Thyroid does not actively play a significant role in either of these 2 results.
    Low blood pressure can be related to your thyroid condition, meds that you take and your deitery and fluid intake as starters.
    Have another pathology test, preferably fasting and there may be a difference 2nd time round. Your GP should never have bagged you out and make you feel like she did without also giving you reason/solution as to what may have caused this.
    You will be OK.. as you have a good sense of food and are making the right choices.

On a LOL note…. NURSES do not like being called NURSIE!
    Take it easy and please do not get upset by this…. you know how you feel and your body will let you know….. Hope I have helped allay some of your concerns….HUGS…..GO GAL

Viewing 50 posts - 3,851 through 3,900 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.