Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,001 through 14,050 (of 14,786 total)

• Wow CG an “accidental” fast, you’ve crossed to the dark side now๐Ÿ˜ˆ. How great to listen to what your body wants AND that your body didn’t seem to want much. Amazing, isn’t it? Kudos to you.๐Ÿ‹ Oh, and thanks for sending the thunder this way๐Ÿ˜‚We’re having a gullywasher of a storm right now, I’d say I’m surprised to have power but that would surely jinx things…..(sh, don’t tell the power company).

PH little Joel sounds like a darling kid, and of course he has his moments but what a lovely helper. Maybe that is due to the AP style – from what I’ve read, it’s the intended goal. So, you are transforming your old house in preparation for putting it up for sale? We need to do a bit of that too – trying to convince OH to do it now so we can enjoy the renos a bit. We’ll have to hire that work out, as no 5-year-old grandsons are available โ˜บ๏ธ

SJ I do hope you’re taking it easy. I was thinking about how impatient I get striving for “the day” of, I don’t know, perfection, total control, manageable hair…too often I forget to enjoy myself short of those goals. I looked at my passport, the photo I thought was bleah because I looked older than in the previous one. And of course now I think “hey that was a pretty good photo.” Anyway, we have plenty of time to make ourselves better, and we are doing that even if it’s just not to take seconds on cake. Sorry, I’m really lecturing myself here, do pull up a chair๐Ÿ˜œas I get a goal-nugget in the head and then nothing else will satisfy me. And wtf, there is so much else…and no one who loves me cares a whit whether I have cake on a no-carb day. Thank you, sermon over๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™

Fit, I hope the thunder and storms are leaving France aloneโšก๏ธso that you can party hearty with the natives๐Ÿท And Up, no typhoons have bothered you I hope?๐ŸŒช By now you’ve gotten the hang of the restrooms-PH makes a good point, what do the older/disabled do? Are there grab bars? Hoists? Oh, and Fit, yes the bd hat is a Panama style, but made by Stetson just so I can pay more for it and call it a present. He’s such a darn minimalist I’m happy I could buy him something besides a macaroon. Speaking of which, have one of those for me, would you? The French ones are so yummy and crisp.

Best get this posted while I can. Will be dodging raindrops later for birthday dinner out with youngest D – then birthday lunch tmw with middle D.๐Ÿด๐ŸดI shall try to maintain a bit of decorum, but no promises. Birthdays do call for cake๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿ˜‹xxxxx

So, you’re all meeting up in 2017? I’m curious about that… I’m trying to catch up on 2 days of chat but this one stuck out.

How did it come about?

Brrrrrr, morning/evening team brrrrr, oh these mornings are hard to get out of bed, but home care is due at 8:30 and the guys are back at 9:30 to continue the painting.
    FC, we are all meeting in upper north Queensland. GoGal and I started it two-three years ago in Melbourne. Earlier this year a group of us met in Sydney and all really love each orhers company and got on so well, so our next reunion is September 2017๐Ÿ˜‰ You are welcome to join us. Fit and Jade are going to do a mini reunion in Ireland but I’m not too sure of whenโ˜บ๏ธ If you check back you will see the photos.
    The snow didn’t arrive, well yet, but was around us, but this morning feels even closer. I lost 500g with the “fast” Tuesday, but with soup and a toasted sandwich yesterday for lunch, then chicken legs and creamy pasta for dinner can pretty much expect that it is all back on this morning when I weigh๐Ÿ˜ Zigzags are a way of life aye! I think maintaining is a winter thing, hopefully losses come with summer foods. Jade the accidental fast was due to circumstances, painters here, then tired come dinner time, so an easy omelette.
    I was thinking if o/h is really giving problems Jade deciding on coming to the Qld reunion, why not come solo? A lot of us gals are so you wont feel left out not having a partner.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•Plus you can do as YOU want without having to consider his needsโ˜บ๏ธ think about it, then you can plan…….
    Fit I hope all is well and the festivities all enjoyable. Weather doesn’t always ruin a get together, I’m sure it will all still be fun๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•
    Up safe travels to you and I hope your health is holding up. Just relax and enjoy the whole experience. I had a good chat with GG last night and she too is going well๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—
    Well, shower time, a hot soothing wake up , then ready for the day. Enjoy whatever the day brings team, tackle life head on with positive thoughts and attitude. No time for regrets, just live โค๏ธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxxx

Hi, thanks all. This will be short as I have little time. The migraine cluster seems to have gone and I have been able to enjoy Taiwan. We have been looked after very well.

We get on a flight at midnight tonight and will be home tomorrow. I am looking forward to it! Even my husband said he can’t wait to get back on to 5/2!
    Cheers!

Up it’ll be so nice to be home after such a long trip – back to winter weather eh? May the rest of your travels be uneventfulโ™ฅ๏ธ
    So…the Irish miniWTF is set for mid November, and barring some unforeseen catastrophe, I WILL get on that plane alone if necessary. Right Fit??๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’š CG, my o/h is a pack animal, wants to go where I go, the only spouse I know who always visited the in-laws. However, that gives me an idea on getting to Palm Cove: “Here’s what I plan to do dear, you can come if you like”.๐Ÿ˜‰ We’ll see, stranger things have happened! Must save my pennies. But how fortuitous that I am scaling back my work demands, September could be downright perfect for a trip๐Ÿ˜Ž

Oh the gigantic cookies….so good, I had bits of all 4 kinds. And today more treats. I think I enjoy them more than the birthday boy. I hope that horse is ready for a wild ride after all this๐Ÿ‡Must get ready for a lunch date, hugs all xxxxโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

Oh wow, September is still a long way, I could save up. Maybe I will join you gals, I’d love to see you all.

OK folks the day has come. I’ve woken up feeling ready to do a 5:2 day so let’s go for it. I’m not worried if I don’t manage a full day…the important thing is that I put one foot in front of the other and start! HB egg for brekky another for lunch & then a simple meal for dinner……with load of water in between, and maybe a miso soup if I’m struggling. It’s forecast to be a very wet (40 – 80mm) day so a soup or twp might be needed. Let’s see how we go. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jade are you talking mid-November 2016 or 17? Or you planning one this year AND maybe coming next year?? What a girl. Those gigantic cookies looked amazing!!
    UT on you way home at last AND with OH ready to get back into 5:2 as well – now that’s a REAL bonus. I wish mine would. He did it for a couple of weeks & then dropped it like he does lots of things….mad keen to start with but the enthusiasm passes! Now he gets the bonus of often just having 2 HB eggs for lunch as I cook extra & has the same dinner as me but usually with quite a bit extra. Hope the jetlag is kind to you this trip. Sounds like you had a real ball. XX
    CG I don’t believe it….accidental fasts!!! What will you do next?? Sounds like your place is going to be looking brand new….just like you!
    FC you’d be welcome to join in wherever. It’s so nice to have you back. How’s 5:2 going for you this time around?

Well have to go boil that egg for brekky & start the water train up. The bladder’s not going to be very happy with that initially! Hope everyone has a great day unless you plan otherwise :)…..and none of us are that silly! Byee suejen

Hi all, improving slowly, this darn bug is certainly consistent. Went to the doc again yesterday who prescribed a second lot,of Antibiotics and gave me some liquid corral for my cough. Have had a very quiet few days, D came over for dinner yesterday and that was nice. Today I am doing a grant application to the state government to get some funds to repair and repaint the outside of the hall.๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ›ก Brings back memories of work. All the rigmarole you have to go through with government paperwork. We need around $13,000 and have to provide $13,000 ourselves for this one. Finding inventive ways to make up our 13k with donations in kind. Almost there. Actually enjoying the process now that there is no pressure of other work to fit in around it. Sad is it not.!

Hope the weather has improved down your way CG..and a big hi to everyone else.๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Missed the next page. Thought it was strange that there were no posts! Durrrr๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.
    UP. It will be great to be home I imagine, but what a trip to remember.

SJ. I guess a few of us will be getting back on the fasting game as I will start again next week when I have kicked this darn wog. I must admit I am missing my fasting days..how sad is that, but they do make you feel good and not bloated.

jade, what a good idea to just plan your trip and ask OH if he wants to come or not. Spot on girl ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜That is what I am doing now and most of the time he comes and if not then I still go and have a good time anyway. In the early days of my travelling he was not interested and I had some great OS trips with my girlfriends……..He usually only comes now to see family but sometimes I still go on my own. Very liberating
    September 2017 seems a long way off but it will be here before we know it and we will all be enjoying the Queensland reunion. And GG,s plans for Gyps Birthday Bash sound exciting. FC the more the merrier is what I say. We have set the date which is from memory around the 27th September. GG and CG have already booked accommodation and so they should have exact dates.

Anyway. Must fly and get back to my funding application…bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi Aussies! Oh what a lovely phone call from GG yesterday, very early in the a.m. for her but just in the middle of her very long double-shift workday. You are a force of nature๐ŸŒชgirl! And as we were saying, there is some of that in all of us๐ŸŒŸ’tis a fine crew.

Lord, I could use a bit of nursing today, or CG’s corset! Might have one of my own by the end of the day, my back has gone out overnight (stop, no, not from that) I have no idea, guess I slept funny and now there is wicked pain bending and straightening, sometimes just breathing. I’ve fashioned a brace out of two belts and a checkbook! No doubt should keep the latter handy๐Ÿ’ฐBut it is helping a bit. PH, no jogging and biking for me today!๐Ÿ’œ Send that grandson round, would you? I can’t even pull up my socks.

Birthday for OH yesterday was lovely, nice lunch and dinner out, perhaps all that food has overloaded my back๐Ÿซ. I was happy that he seemed to get into it and feel special. He always does for me, I get wined and dined for a whole week, all my choice and he goes with a smile. Nice little partnership we have going, I guess I’ll keep him๐Ÿ’• But…awful to get home and hear the news from Nice, what in the hell…no words for that.โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท Up, super glad you are home. X Fit you take care dear one๐Ÿ’š

Gyps, kudos on the new chapter, just smashing good. Thinking positive thoughts๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™to counteract the Irish fatalism.๐Ÿ’ช

5:2 hmmm…not so much this week. Way overdid it overall, and of course went and bought OH a cake, he ate 2 crumbs and we won’t talk about how much I had. If I cinch these belts any tighter it’s going to feel like lapband surgery, why not just roll with it.

Doc appt so must get ready, hugs๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’•xxx

Oh Jade. What a bummer..๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ…backs are just so touchy..and am impressed with the brace idea! Very inventive. Hope the doc comes up with an answer otherwise it is just rest I guess. I spend at least a couple of hours each day lying on my back with my legs over a large triangle foam to relieve the pain in my back. Your legs should be at least 45 degrees from the bed, more if possible. If nothing else works you could give it a try. And yes it is good to have that nice little partnership going, know what you mean..so good to have special times, ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž
    Enjoying the break while son and family catch up with friends in Sydney for a few days. Might get a bit of sewing done today..you never know. Got to make Ruth another little wet weather onesie as the one I made earlier was a bit short in the body, will give it to Hannah’s twin sister as she is pregnant with her second one.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and stay safe.๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Especially you Fit. France seems to be a hot spot at the moment! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Morning-evening team. What is happening to our world? We just never know what we will see when we wake in the mornings on the news. Terror attacks, weather disasters…..just so frightening. Fit I hope you are safe and well away from the troubles. They tell us to carry on with our everyday lives, not to be intimidated, but being around crowds is something I’d be giving a wide miss! Turkey now seems to be the next place with issues๐Ÿ˜จ The way things are going, 5:2 will be the least of our concerns.
    Jade how lovely of GG to phone you, she keeps in touch with each of the team by phone. It sounds like you enjoyed O/H birthday as much, if not better than he did๐Ÿ˜Š And why not? Life is ours to enjoy no matter how we do it.
    I went out for lunch yesterday, battered fish….with chips….but cleared my conscience by having salad too๐Ÿ˜…..then had a hamburger and egg sandwich for dinner ๐Ÿ˜ฑ WTF!!!!! Glad that day is behind me and hope it all passes through before too long. ๐Ÿ˜จ The painting is on going, although not over the week end, and Glenn is coming up tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bringing my new garden mulcher I bought whilst staying with him, also picking up two concrete garden statues I bought but couldn’t lift or fit in my car! I have a long garden between the paddocks and the main garden, fenced of course. I have two little kiddies, boy and girl sitting on a park bench at one end, in the middle, teenage boy and girl on a park bench, but have geese, and a couple of dog statues around them, Glenn is bringing the elderly couple sitting on the park bench having a cuppa, so it looks to be their life spanโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’• I also bought a swagman, he’s about 4′ tall, so will find him a home tooโ˜บ๏ธ Wasted money to some, but my garden is my hobby๐Ÿ˜‰
    Enjoy the weekend team, stay safe, none of us knows whats ahead, so cuddle your loved ones ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•….๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’ฅ…xxxxxx

Morning All well my first fast day went about as expected – I lasted until lunchtime!! Woohoo way to go! It was so cold and wet and I’d spent some frustrating time trying to CLOSE a credit card off – boy they don’t let you go easily or without reading all the conditions in fine print….in an indecipherable indian accent too (despite having a nice aussie girl right in front of me they now all have to call the call centre to close accounts aaaaaaaaaand keep you on hold too of course!). Go to my bank withdraw cash to pay out the account, go back & get more fine print read out.
    After that I caved and bought a pie and a coffee haha. Oh well mentally I’ve decided that I’m back to it so eventually it will all fall into place again. Probably Monday will be fine. I blame OH though as he knew I’d boiled eggs for lunch but as I was going out he said Oh get some pies for lunch will you? Grrrrr!!
    CG your garden sounds just lovely and I do love children statues especially but looks like you have the whole gang! How gorgeous. Our world certainly is in turmoil CG and not going to get better any time time soon it seems.
    PH I dunno one just can’t keep you down can they? You’re still planning sewing projects even though the family is gone for the moment & you’re not that well either. Can’t keep a good woman down eh??!
    Jade oh no you’ve done your back in.. Hope the doc has an answer for you and a remedy but very clever of you to fashion something in the meantime! I can certainly sympathise with you as my neck is taking a long time to recover. My physio is getting plenty of money out of me. Can’t even get back into the osteopath. How lovely that OH seemed to get into his birthday and feel special. We all need to do that even the dark souls ๐Ÿ™‚
    Fit stay safe wherever you are….think you’re in France but not sure? XX
    Up guess you’re settling back into your old routines & unpacking etc.

Nothing special planned for today. Still working on my holiday photos. It seems to take forever. You’d think with digital cameras that everything should be spot on but it seems that almost every photo has to be worked on! Predicted to be a cold wet weekend so may finish them all off & that would be good. Got some pretty nice ones too. Have a great weekend all. suejen XXXX

Hi sj, just ease back into it. Just thinking about getting back to 5:2 is a start!โ˜บ๏ธ Yes I love my garden, I have cherubs and buddha statues in hidden positions where you come across them unexpectedly……..a few dragons around my pond as water fountains and ducks and geese everywhere! All concrete of course, so once settled rarely get moved, they are too damned heavy! So shrubs and garden grow around them and it looks quite natural in a way. The “life span” garden I’m doing has them quite visable, but again, once everything growns fuller, each park bench will be mingled through the shrubs. ……God looks after that side of things for me, I just prune and weed, better still, mulch it all๐Ÿ˜Š
    Golly we are all becoming a lot of old crocks! Roll on Palm Cove, we all need it….Backs, necks, knees, what next. My back is going down hill, sure the surgery helped heaps, but I can’t be an ornament, (I don’t consider myself a precious little thing) so get into things forgetting my age and my body rebels๐Ÿ˜ก But I wont let it beat me…….I try to be careful, but it aint always easy or possible.๐Ÿ˜จ
    Jade I hope you get some resolve with yours and sj, well, it’s a long slow process once damaged. Doing the photos is a good “resting” job, but even that, just sitting,leaning forward, takes it’s toll. You too PH, sewing…..watch the back!
    Having the painters in is beginning to feel like an invasion of privacy. Every room needs clearing out so they can get to the walls, and oh….the stuff I have! At least I’m getting a lot of thinning done, a lot inherited which let’s face it, we are not museums! So thinning as I go. Memories are in my heart and mind so only very special things will be kept. Glenn coming tomorrow, instead of yesterday, called into work, overtime, so planning a roast pork….very 5:2? The cold meat will be handy through the week too. Back into things, enjoy your day team ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿทxxxx

A GINORMOUS HELLO TO YOU ALL!
    WELCOME BACK TO OUR GAL FLEMMY AKA FC๐Ÿ’– IT has been so long since you were posting with us …I cannot believe that 12mths have flown by BUt then again I can….it still seems like yesterday that I was with my Dad this time last year…next month is the anniversary of his passing. He has been around me more than ever in past week while I have been providing overnight pallitive care for the past 4 nights.
    With all our gals back from their overseas holidays , all back safe in our beautiful Australia welcome home SUEJEN AND UP.๐ŸŒ Thank you for your pics and sharing all your exciting tales whislt away.๐ŸŒ
    Our Fit is still away in France ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŽand I know we all hope and prey that she is away from the area that so many lives were lost in a senseless terror attack.
    Our GYPS is in our thoughts constantly as she and the leprechaun are beginning another phase of treatment. Sending you both love and light๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒ…
    Yesterday I phoned Jade and had the most wonderful talk with her worth all the hugs in the world!
    I am still enjoying my break away from 5:2 . My weight has been constant at 75 to 78kgs over the past 5 months. I plan to begin fasting again on the 1st of August….wanting to hit 70kgs by WTF PALM COVE NEXT YEAR!!!
    LOVE TO YOU ALL….YOURS ALWAYS……GO GALXXXXX

Hi all!
    How wonderful and glorious to see this thread humming again!
    I’m running low on iPad battery life so I’ll make this quick.
    Sorry to hear about the back and other troubles, Jade, PH, SJ ! Take care gals.
    Welcome back UP, hope the return journey was less stressful than the outward one!
    Well done on getting back into 5:2 to our travellers. I’ve tried a few semi fasts but then blew it all with wine, kir etc! Mmmmm ๐Ÿ˜‹
    GG, how great to see you here again ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•
    CG, your garden sounds like a wonderland! Best of luck with the rest of the painting and renos ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•
    The garden party was fantastic. Everyone brought food and we all brought our own plates and cutlery. There were boxes of wine and you just helped yourself whenever you felt like it. Very relaxed and informal. After the meal, we played boules in groups and I got into the ‘final’! Then, people played cards and scrabble….it was just lovely. It was very sunny but a bit windy and the men were so courteous, moving the parasol for me all the time to protect my pale Irish skin.
    The guy who did our renos called in this morning with croissants, so that’s another fd down the pan! Everyone is so kind and generous, they really are the most lovely people. We are all distraught at the terrorist attacks here and around the globe. Thankfully, we are a long way from Nice but it seems nowhere is safe anymore.
    My French is improving, certainly my understanding has improved and I’m a bit more confident speaking so that’s good.
    Ok, gotta go now or my iPad will die. Flemmy, it would be brilliant to have you in Ireland this November and even better if you can come to Australia in September 2017!

Hi everyone, great to see the thread pumping again. SJ good on you for your half FD. It is pie weather. When I went to the doctor the other day and just could not come home without a couple of pies for lunch. Have not had one in so long and boy was it good. Especially when you want some comfort food.

CG. Your garden sounds just great. All those friends lurking, I’ll bet you have some great conversations with them all. I know I would.
    Good to see you enjoyed the celebrations Fit. Go boule queen!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•Love that game.

GG. Lovely to hear from you. Looks like we all will be back in August. I just do not have the will power at the moment to fast with this dammmm wog but will be back on track when I feel better. To much going on around me to get organised.

One of our dear friends passed away last night, ending his battle with cancer. Just reinforces the fact that we need to live every day to the fullest. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I could not go and give my friend a big hug because she is very run down but my other friend and her husband went over for the day and took flowers from us.๐Ÿ’ Then on the way back home called in and we all went for coffee …very sad.

I did not get to my sewing but did cut out the little onesie and a skirt and a pair of slacks for D. So hopefully get to some of it today after trip to the hardware store (Bunnings) to get what we need for the next working day with the troups. They will be here bright and early tomorrow again.

Big hi to everyone else…have a good day ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, good morning PH, it’s sad as we watch our friends leave this world. All we can hope is it was quick for them, but the void is never filled. Your sewing plans sound lovely, how clever you areโ˜บ๏ธ
    Beautiful sunny morning here, but bl…y freezing. I’m hoping to get some mowing done (later) and have some much needed time in my garden. I think the lack of outside exercise is making me seize up! Sure, I’m getting things done inside, but it’s not the same, and it’s too easy to sit, have another coffee……or whatever, and watch telly. Come to think of it, it’s been ideal weather for rehab after my surgery, but raren’ to go now so glad things are looking up all ’round๐Ÿ˜Š
    August seems to be the date set for getting back, full force with diligence to our way of life and stopping the excuses. Fortunately most of us have maintained, which is wonderful, and 5:2 still working for us โ˜บ๏ธ, but now to lose that extra few K’s, right?๐Ÿ˜€
    Stay safe and well team, cut yourself some slack and enjoy living your own life, everything in moderation……including moderation ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

Hi all, did myself in this time….doc did little good, prescribed random pills that couldn’t knock out a decent hangnail๐Ÿ˜ก pity on a Friday too. So exhausted with the effort of processing pain, quite sharp at times, at 10 pm OH took me to ER – where I got shots of Valium and morphine, now there is a worthy cocktail.๐Ÿธ๐ŸธHa and no calories! Back home to bed woke up at 5 pm today. Much improved, quite foggy from all the drugs still. Beats being in pain.
    Fit, the party sounds fab, lots of giggles I’m sure – international language of joy๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ Glad you are safe. What is boules, did you win a prize?๐ŸŽ GG thanks for the lovely chat, your voice is so beautiful. Feels like we’ve been friends since childhood๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ That’s true for all here๐Ÿ’• SJ so right on re dark souls, they do enjoy the light despite all else.๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”† and ugh, sympathy re the credit closing, they are like coyotes. Kudos for enduring๐Ÿ’ช CG, no corset for me, in fact doc said no it’ll keep your muscles from healing…well eff that, let’s worry about pain now and body building later, can we? Ha. Love your life cycle garden, maybe a photo to share pretty please? Yes we’re a bunch of old crocks๐Ÿ˜‚who refuse to behave, here’s to us with life on our terms. I’m aiming for an active life,whatever may come, may have to learn to sew like PH๐Ÿ’œlol little Ruth already outgrew what you made her? Cheeky little thing๐Ÿ’•
    Can’t get on the scale but talk about accidental fasting…one cup of soup yesterday, only a couple of eggs today to take meds. OH is getting a taste of being a carer, our roles reversed.๐Ÿ™ƒWe’ll both be happy to get back to normalโ™ฅ๏ธ ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜Šjadexxx
    Oops this took so long to type I see I’ve crossed with PH and CG, catch up laterโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Oh Jade, you poor girl, you have really done a zinger! Osteopath if you can find one, if not chiro…..medics only want to mask it with drugs, no matter how good they make you feel, it’s a bandaid! Something is out of whack and needs putting back in place, sounds like a pinched nerve too. Rest dear girl, rest, the body can took after itself, but needs intervention with this, so come Monday, let the fingers do the walking, through the phone book! Cuddles ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’—xxxxx

Morning all gee our age and activity surely catches up with us one way or another eh?! But I think you’re right CG it’s our aussie determination and yes Jade you somehow acquired plenty of that! So Jade and PH and CG thinking of you as I sit typing watching my posture…..lifting my head up with an invisible string (so I’m told!) pushing my neck back & holding my shoulders back! Rest up for now dear friends until we can pretend we’re 21 again ๐Ÿ™‚ weelll 41 anyway. Jade hope the pain has lifted a bit & you can rest till you get some more help as CG suggested. Your dr sounds like an unsympathetic sort!
    Hey CG love your statement – Everything in moderation…including moderation! Ha we do that VERY well methinks!! I can feel that you’re rarin’ to go but hold off for a while longer CG. Don’t ruin that wonderful surgery ๐Ÿ™‚
    PH you joined in with me on the pies too. See I didn’t stand a chance really….I must have known that you were out there salivating over a pie & OH talked about them & I was a goner! Hey that’s my version of events anyway!! Boy you must be quick with your sewing PH. DO you use commercial patterns? It seems to take me forever to lay things out pin on the papers etc get the right size pinned down etc. Enjoy your next sweet bit of family time. XX
    Fit your garden party sounds truly delightful….very envious and all those lovely courteous frenchmen looking after you yummmm!!! The attack in Nice looks just horrific & no doubt there will be more deaths from the terrible injuries he inflicted. Very sad. Did the tour de france go past your little town this time or did you go to see it? Was a weird day when the yellow jersey ran up the mountain without his bike! Quite bizarre!! Glad your french is improving too!
    Hi GG LOVELY to see you back posting! Do it more often girl ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes your Dad would have been on your thoughts a lot doing 4 nights with a similar situation. Hugs to you. Yes August is sounding promising for all of us with 5:2. I’m getting in a bit early as I have put on more – can’t avoid it travelling in the USA.

Well on to another day. Have finished all my photos YEAH! So will post some of my favourites for those on FB. Too much effort to post here – maybe that’s what our FB page can be for, more for ease of putting up photos etc? Photobucket is a pain compared to FB. Another wet day coming up so will do a bit of knitting bit of reading & some posting of photos. Fit in a walk if & when we can between the rain. Enjoy your day whatever it holds for you. suejen XXXX

Afternoon here and a big Hi to everyone. Too busy to post this,morning as we were off again to,Bunnings to get get the rest of the timber and paint for today’s project. Covering up an ugly wall that was there when we bought the place and as per usual we took a shortcut and covered it with lots of pot plants and various pieces of furniture. The troups all hear when we arrived home and so right into it. Then we had to go to Grafton 45 minutes away for our regular osteo appointment , just love those massarges……๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค— my back was very stiff from all the coughing. Anyway the troups still at it when we got home, little Joel is so good with a hammer. We were strapping two pieces of treated pine sleepers on top of one another and he hammered most of the nails in the strapping. About an hours worth of nailing. And only just 5 years old. And he helped with the painting as well, and did a good job of it also. So proud of himself and everything must be done properly. Got to love him to bits. I’ll load a little video on Facebook. Agree with you SJ it is much easier on Facebook. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ Loving your photos on Facebook, fancy getting them all I. Order so soo. After your holiday. I’m very I,pressed. I still have not got mine from Canada Organised. When we finally get to our new place I should have time for all of that…so much less house to look after. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— you were asking what sort of patterns I use and in answer to that mostly I just cut patterns off another garment but this time I actually bought a commercial pattern for the pants and laid it on top of a wide legged pattern I had made up before, looks like a long skirt but actually pants. Tried them on D this morning. And looks like they fall nicely. They have a large wide stretch band at the top that doubles over, you know the ones and so easy to make, no darts, no zips, no pockets and no waistband. Hope she likes them cause they are soooooo….easy to make. And the skirt pattern is one that I have made up for her quite a few times. Long straight skirt with slits up the sides to just below the knee that she wears with tights, had to line this material though so falls beautifully. She likes the wide legged pants for teaching as she can move around the floor with the kids easily in the classroom. Do love to sew for her to make up for all she does for me. And she finds it hard to find things to buy as she like just plain classic styles and there does not seem to be much of that around.

Hope your back is continuing to mend Jade, rest, rest, and more rest!! Valium is the go also. It relaxes the muscles. I remember when OH had an attack like that and I had to call the ambulance as I could not get him off the bed. So painful…๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฐ..took him a good few days of rest to get it right. Nice hot packs, and some general pampering…enjoy it while you can…๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•

CG. Hope you stayed warm..beautiful day up here, just needed short sleeved shirts and three quarter pants. Very spoilt…..

So much unrest throughout the world this week. It seems everywhere. Hope you are safe FIT.. And Jade, terrible about the shootings….. And of course Turkey had to explode soon and now it has….so lucky to live in a nice peaceful area of the world amongst nature and the garden ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š
    That’s all for now folks…..๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi all!
    Oh, Jade, that sounds very painful! I hope the meds do the trick just to get your muscles relaxed so that you can rest up properly. It’s no harm to do a bit of role reversal with OH once in awhile, reminds him how lucky he is! But I know it’ll probably drive you mad if it goes on too long, so rest, rest and more rest for now. Boules is like crown green bowls, you roll or pitch heavy bowling balls at a small target ball, whoever gets closest is the winner. No prizes but great fun and at least I didn’t hit anyone’s toes or bowl over a dog! ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š
    PH, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s passing. No matter what the circumstances, it’s the end of another era and very tough on family and friends. I’m glad you have so many projects going on to help distract you. I hope you’re feeling better soon too but you sure aren’t letting that bug get the better of you! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘ Joel seems to be in his element, what a very special little boy! ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•
    SJ, the Tour de France did go very close to our house, within walking distance in fact but we couldn’t make it over because our younger daughter had her graduation in the UK at the same time! Bad luck on the timing, but what can you do? We had a terrific time at the graduation so that was enough compensation. Well done on getting back on the 5:2 horse. I’m trying to fast today but it’s really hot and so was yesterday when I had four ice creams! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    CG, are you sure it’s ok for you to be mowing? I know you’re feeling good and raring to go, but please ease back into all that outdoor work carefully. Is the grass growing that much in the cold weather? Have you got rid of your corset yet? I’ve lost track of time.
    I can’t believe my time here is almost up! I’ll be spending most of today and tomorrow doing housework and laundry to get the place shipshape for leaving on Wednesday. It’s so hard to get stuck in when it’s so hot but at least the house is cool downstairs because of the thick walls. I’ve taken a photo of the house to show you all when I get home.
    Best of luck to all, especially anyone with aches and pains….get well soon ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž

Hi Fit lovely to hear from you. I’m very late posting, busy couple of days, painter still here. I think they are getting too comfortable, now having smoko and lunch breaks…..and I’m paying by the hour!!! Time for the big talk tomorrow! They only give me 4-5 hour days anyway…… I hate these situations, but gotta nip it in the bud. My back did hold up well, and my tummy, but chiro tomorrow, my neck is giving me concern, pain up into my head and temples too, so hope he can sort it out. He was the quickest I could get into. Your holiday has gone quickly, do you really have a dead line? I was just heading off to bed when your email/post came in so will post/answer others tomorrow. Good night team๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’คxx

Hi all. Sorry, I haven’t been on. Just completely out of synch timewise and have so much to do.

Anyway, did my first fast yesterday. Just like falling off a log. Kilos be gone!

Yes, unfortunately, CG because my sister and OH’s mum need care input which is shared by the family we can’t be away for any longer. We’re also going to Spain for a week in August, so we can’t be too selfish. I hope you give those painters a good talking to! ๐Ÿ’ช The guy who did our renos is going to paint all the new walls and put in skirting boards for free! Well, so he tells us but we’re quite happy to get all that extra work done. Sorry to hear about your back, neck etc. I hope the chiro will be able to help. You’ll have to take the advice you gave to Jade and rest as much as you can.
    Up, well done getting back on the horse so soon, you’re a legend! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    It’s absolutely roasting here for the last few days, 36 degrees yesterday and even hotter today! That’s way too hot for me but I’ll get out and about when it’s cooler in the evening. It makes it hard to do any housework but the laundry dries in about five minutes! โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘ We’ll be leaving in the morning and will spend the night in a lovely hotel near Calais. Then on Thursday morning we’ll head for the UK and across to Wales and finally Ireland! Very long hours in the car on really busy motorways….not looking forward to it ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
    Jade, how are you feeling now? I hope your OH and the pups have been minding you well ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’ž
    PH, are you on the mend at last? Did you get to your sewing yet? I wish I had someone to run up clothes for me just like that, your d is so lucky!
    GG, how are you doing? I know your dad has been in your thoughts a lot lately so I hope it’s good memories and sweet dreams for you. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž
    SJ, a lady at the market today told me I speak French very well! I was walking on air all morning! I think my classes have really helped and I found my ‘ear’ far quicker this summer. I’ve been thinking about what you said about good posture, so I’m trying to follow your method because my posture is truly awful and must contribute to alot of my back, neck and shoulder issues. Hope all going well with getting back into 5:2! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช

Thanks all for th kind words, and good morning from the infirmary wing..perhaps an MRI coming next. Great, another yee-haw ride in the pickup truck to the hospital. Big sympathy to others in pain, it isn’t fun. OH has been a trouper, though he wants to make the pain go away and really can’t. He once said “can you please not scream, you’re scaring th dog!” That was after on of those awful pinches (I’m sur it’s a on cud jrve) (wtf I’m proofreading and have no idea what that was supposed to be) and he got this look ๐Ÿ‘บ. Then at the ER, doc asked where to put the 3 shots, oh honey you could shoot them with a .22 rifle for all I care, just get it done. I’ve kegled enough lately I may have the strongest pelvis in history, is there a prize for that?๐ŸŽ– Fit, OH did suggest the local chiro but I am too scared. Mayb if it keeps up…hospital doc said no no to manipulation, but I know they do other things.

Hey all you travelers, would love to see photos on the Fb page CG started. Some with you in them too! Misery loves a good travelogue. Remember what I said about photos of ourselves, you may not like them now but you’ll think they’re awesome later. If I’m ever on my bike again I’ll post some photos of our lovely state park by the river. Oh, SJ and PH such darling photos of you and the grandies ๐Ÿ’• And Gyps lovely “before and after” photos of your beautiful kids. Such great smiles๐Ÿ˜โ˜บ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

SJ I could not agree more about 5:2 and the US, everywhere you look there’s fast food with few if any decent offerings. Even the milkshakes are created out of weird things, not that I want one. And CG your quote “moderation,,,in moderation” is priceless. Certainly applies to me. Pain in moderation would b nice today lol – well it hasn’t killed me so I’ll go for option 2 and say it could make me stronger.๐Ÿ‹Love and strength to all, I’ve typed myself into another painfest, keep up th chatter, I love it!๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’œโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•jadexxx

Wow, I’m having such a hard time keeping up your Pace ๐Ÿ™‚

Suejen, I never quit fasting, I’ve been fasting on maintenance for over a year now. I just fell of the radar, life took over.

Anyway, taking a minitrip to Tarragona in August, for the first time I’m going to go all by myself. And in a hostel with shared dorms so all new.

Had gazpacho (minus the bread and too much olive oil) on top of tomato/egg salad for dinner yesterday. Brilliant fast day, would recommend!

He everyone, did not get to post yesterday as had a bad pain day with my back, must be going out in sympathy with you Jade although yours much, much worse than mine I imagine. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฉHang in there..as far as chiropractors go..be careful. You don’t want one who manipulates..I go to an Osteopath who is also a chiropractor and his wife is a physio . Between them they keep me going….but no manipulation on my back at all. Just deep massage, ultra sound and stretching…he does manipulate my neck occasionally when it gets really bad. But going regularly once a,month for the massage and ultrasound keeps me going…hope you find some relief soon..he tells me that my neck has improved out of sight since I have retired and am not sitting at a,computer all day!!
    I can’t send to get rid of this blasted wog…cough, cough, cough ๐Ÿค’๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿค’๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿค’๐Ÿ˜ท. Probably what is agri acting my back. Enough of my woes…mostly things are still going fine. We had a day off yesterday as D had to go back to teaching and son also got a days teaching but today. Son and DIL and little Joel coming today to finish off the breezeway repairs and then Thursday they start painting the house outside. Talk about energetic.

UP well done with getting back into the swing of things so quickly…Kgs be gone inded!! What an inspiration..this week I have been not eating till 11am each day to get me back to the 16 /8. U fortunately have been snacking after dinner. Just hankering ice cream for some reason..have got the no added sugar version and so tell myself that is OK with a little fruit….don’t feel like alcohol at the moment so must have at least one small vice. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Hope the painting is still going well at your place CG. And that the painters are behaving themselves ..

FIT. So sad your holiday ends, keep safe on the roads on the way home my dear…you have had a great time whilst away so many memories to treasure…and now you need to sign up to Facebook. It is so easy compared to uploading photos on the thread but not as good for posting as the conversations get so disjointed. Come join us… I’m sure your daughters will be able to make it happen for you or some younger members of the family.
    Best get going before the troups arrive…. Big hi to SJ and Gyps and FC ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ.

Hi all sitting here at 5.30am as sleep has evaded me. Still not back in a good rhythm. Now managing most nights to snuggle in cos it’s so cold and eventually get back to sleep…..but not this time. Lying there with the mind whirring isn’t fun. We’ll get there soon!
    Jade I soo feel for you. Your back sounds just terrible. Are the injections painkillers or are they cortisone? Certainly sounds like an MRI is in order – but the trip in the pickup truck is not what you need I bet! Golly wish I had emojis on my phone!!#!! Hope yr next post has some improvement to report. {{{{{ }}}}} for now. ๐Ÿ™‚ Some photos with us in are coming Jade. I’ve always complained that my OH takes great photos of buildings (yeeess important buildings) interesting steeet people (wtf I’m/we’re not interesting) mountains birds bees flowers and trees eeetttccc BUT almost none of us!!! He can’t abide everyone’s desire to get IN THE WAY of every picture they take ha! But there are a few this time. Miracles DO happen. …remember that with your back lovely lady. ๐Ÿ™‚
    FC fab job on maintaining for 12 months. I couldn’t even manage 9 weeks but holidays/events have always been my downfall. Went away determined to keep fasting but….never happened. Hence the about 5 kilos to get off. Hey where is Tarragona? A new exciting venture eh….good on you!
    PH youre struggling too. Your osteo/physio sound like a Marvellous combo PH! The osteo here was very good but I’ve discovered that cos he’s the only one around he’s soo busy and you can’t get back in. Plus he has to limit your number of visits ie not keen on regulars cos so many new people need to see him. So physio it is for me for now. Gee hope you can shake the wog soon dear. I’ll have to go back to my dr for my asthma. Can’t shake it either despite a course of cortisone….and 11 years in the job of asthma education!! Now PH you’re on orders to stay out of the action today until you’re better just like Jade. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Up not sure how you managed the 5:2 falling off the log trick! Ha hasn’t happened over here. Mentally I’m just not there but…going to give it another go today. Have to as can’t stand the way my clothes look grrr!
    Well have rambled enough. Gonna read a book as not tired yet at all. Hi to all. Can’t go back any further as my phone does a dummy spit if I try. Suejen xxxx

Very quick again, have to pick my daughter up from the airport, home briefly.

I am determined to at least get back to my lowest but i have realised that I still naturally eat well since starting all this and I no longer have breakfast any day because I never want it. So yesterday, a non fast day, I just had corn thins and tuna for lunch and atlantic salmon and steamed asian greens for dinner. It also helps that my husband needs to lower his cholesterol and weight. And no wine! There will be wine tonight though with my daughter and a son coming over for dinner.

Tomorrow’s fast has to be changed to Friday of all days, I hate doing it but there is a retirement dinner tomorrow night.

Cheers all.

Morning team, Up how exciting for you, having the kids call home is what we all live for๐Ÿ˜Š I know where you are coming from with 5:2…. I am exactly 71k this morning, so still maintaining through healthy eating, smaller portion and NEVER breakfast! That’s 7 less meals a week already, same with crunpets etc for supper before bd….no more….another 7 less meals ๐Ÿ˜ฑ And it WAS habit, not hunger………
    Suejen you are up before the sun.๐Ÿ˜œ Sounds lke a well deserved Nanny nap this arvo. Yes we all seem to have the winter aches, couldn’t be age could it??๐Ÿค”Nah!!
    Fit if the heat is getting to you now, it’s a good lesson for what you’ll face at Palm Cove๐Ÿ˜Š Sun, water, “liquid” refreshments, lot’s of laughs and very little domestic chores๐Ÿ˜Š Enjoy the last of your holiday, you are probable on the road now. Even that sounds wonderful, the different countries you cross to get homeโ˜บ๏ธBe safe dear friend…..
    Well, had the “talk” to my painter and his Dad, all’s good, I do give them a coffee….or two, they have a quick smoke with it and back into it! I haven’t got a mean bone in my hody, but can’t afford to wast money, and because they charge by the hour, don’t see why I should be paying for them to sit and eat lunch, drink coffee, have a few fags! I have mess EVERYWHERE no room untouched….all my crystal is going through the dishwasher and gleeming, I adore it….comes with age…..but as units and cabnets are moved I empty them, thin what I don’t want (need) and wash the rest. Big big job, but come spring it will all be done and I can play in my garden guilt free๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒป it’s hard when solo, prioritising, Mum’s chores or Dad’s chores today? So just balance where I canโ˜บ๏ธ Still feeding the cows oats and pellets with their hay,no goodness in grass this time of year, so they are always pleased to see me. Still chubby and cute so they will never starve! Okay my coffee mug is empty, back into it……enjoy your limitless day team ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•xxxxx
    Oh Jade, I do hope things are coming good for you, it’s an awfully long joyrney, but self preservation is a must. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—xxxx (๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท)

Hi all!
    The heat is a little less today but thank God for aircon in the car! We’ve left our place in Normandy and have just arrived at a lovely hotel which we sometimes use as it’s close to Calais. So, just relaxing now with a cool drink (mineral) before taking our dog to a local forest park for a nice, long walk. Then back for meal in the hotel, it has a great restaurant so no need to do any more driving today. Younger d wants to Skype this evening…..she’s buzzing with all the projects and events coming up.
    Poor Jade! Your back sounds really bad and a trip in the old jalopy does not sound like a good idea at all! I’d avoid manipulation too. My physio did massage and ultra sound as well as heat packs…..they all helped. I hope you’re feeling better soon. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž
    SJ, your OH’s comment about people getting in the way of the photos made me laugh! It’s hard being awake in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep or, in my case, when OH is snoring! Your body clock is probably still out of kilter but it should settle soon. I’m hoping I will be able to get back into 5:2 quickly because I can feel by my clothes that I’m going to need it! I hope your asthma settles down soon.
    PH, sorry to hear you’re not feeling any better either. It’s been a very time for you lately and even though you’ve had lots of help, you’ve still been on the go nearly 24/7. Time to take it easy I think!
    Flemmy, bravo for doing maintenance for over a year and wishing you happy travels. Yes, where is Tarragona?
    UP, enjoy the time with your s and d…..it will be lovely. I suppose they will be looking forward to hearing all about your travels and the various dramas you had๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚
    CG, I’m sure you’ll get the best out of your painters, they know when they’re well off, working for a kind and generous soul like you! I think I’ll be lying in a shady hammock in Palm Cove with OH bringing me cool drinks the whole time to keep me sane (or alive!)
    Ok, better go and bring Molly for her walk now. Looking forward to tonight’s meal and then have to knuckle down to 5:2 when I get home ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Gee where is everybody? It’s deathly quiet here! Anyway morning all one happy 5:2er here who hopped back on the horse yesterday….successfully. Yeah!! It’s like when you first started. I was 75.8 and today I’m 74.4. Brilliant stuff. And to think I was struggling so much mentally with 5:2 that I considered going back to other old diets that would have deprived me every day of the week!
    So now that I’m over that mental block or stubbornness or whatever it was all is good. So for those of you waiting to start soon you’ll be very happy once you do ๐Ÿ™‚ Funny to hear you referring to your place as being mum and dad but yes….that’s what you do. And your aussie determination gets you there! Didn’t picture you as a crystal girl either ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jade silence at your end so hope all is ok and improving for you? Hugs your way again. Let us know when you can.
    CG well done on having that little chat with your painters and that they’ve responded in kind. Well done!
    Fit safe travels back. Up enjoy that garden party. Byee mobile playing silly tricks on me again so closing. Suejen xxxx

Hi team, golly sj, you’re right…where is everyone….feast or famine! I just got back from Melbourne, 30 mins to the bus, 2 hrs on the bus, 1 hour to the surgeuon, who by the way is extremely happy with me, she took pics and wants to see me in 6 months…..so look out 5:2, here we go again! Then 1 hour back to the bus, 2 hours on the bus, 30 minutes home…..and yes, I’m done in, well and truely. Pre made dinner in the fridge, so easy for me tonight, painters back tomorrow, I’m so looking forward to having my house back to myself this week end…AND sleeping in!!! Congrats on the loss sj, it’s all mind set as we know and 5:2 IS dead easy once we get back into it properly. Cystal….I adore it, I have collected it for years, all diamond cut, (a bit of fine etched) a lot of lead crystal, so heavy, and I use it! It’s not for ornaments, why break it whilst dusting, I’d rather break it when it slips out of my hand when sipping wine๐Ÿ˜Š or when using my tumblers with w&c And hopefull, don’t break it at all. Yes I do refere to my chores as Mum chores or Dad chores…the male chores or female chores…..either way, they are ALL my chores, just preference which gets done according to the weatherโ˜บ๏ธ
    Time for feet up and a nice well deserved w&c โ˜บ๏ธ, chat tomorrow, cuddles xxx๐Ÿ’•

Woohoo well done with the surgeon CG and your great results! Such a trip to get there though. Never mind it’s all done and over with now and by summer you’ll be looking fabulous and back to all those summer chores you love ๐Ÿ™‚

Too right, yesterday we had a taste of what’s to come weather wise, but going sour again the next few days…..so gives my back time to mend. I did a few stretches last night which really helped it๐Ÿ˜Šand heaps of cupboards etc to refill when the painters are finished๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—xxxxx

Morning team, I’ve been on a drug induced bender and now begging the doc to find the cause of the pain instead of simply having me join the zombie apocalypse. Valium, Percocet, morphine, you name it, I’m on it, and then I’m supposed to do some stretching exercises. Are you ****ing kidding me? I can barely move my eyeballs after all that. In very bad humor so will not tax you with it. But I’m here and hope to be back in regular form soon. Gyps put a spell on my docs would ja? Am not enjoying being bed-ridden one little bit. Happy all are safe and sound and kudos to those fasting.. jadexxxxx

Hi everyone, sorry for being MIA , feeling a bit better today as I decided on Tuesday night to start the second lot of antiobiotics given to me by the doctor in the first place in case they were needed. So head all cleared up now and cough getting less. ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท boy did I have a busy day again yesterday starting with a trip to Woolgoolga to,get my eyebrows done. The lady who used to do my eyebrows, lip and chin has closed her studio Down For a while as her daughter is going through a tough time and so has gone to stay with her. As luck would have it a few days later a flyer arrived in the mail about another girl who works from home at a reasonable cost in Woolgoolga. So win win. I had previously tortured myself doing my lip and chin with my old thing that rips the hairs out..ouch..ouch. .och๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ…anyway new girl just lovely… Then I went and saw my friend who lost her husband for a while and then drove to the new villa and had a walk around to see what the go was with parking cars etc and was happy to see cars parked outside in the driveway at lost of the villas so all looks good. Picked up some more salad stuff and a hot chook and headed home where I had a call from our solicitor to discuss all the rules etc regarding strata title and we can go and sign the contracts on Tuesday…all systems go that’s for sure. When I got home at lunchtime and the troops were all here so had a rest and got stuck into sorting and throwing things out once again. Amazing how good the place is starting to look with a lot less clutter. Even starting to pack up things that we do want to take now that are In the Furniture we can’t fit in the new house and getting rid of the furniture. Talk about many hands make light work. So blessed…๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Anyway have to have a day off as the funeral for our friend in at 10am and on the way have an appointment with the credit union to finalise line of credit till we sell here. We will then be having a wake at the Woolgoolga RSL club and then having dinner at daughters tonight. Back still very painful but manageable with my Targin and Endone. Drugs…ain’t they great when you need them. So lots of rest is not on the radar at the moment. Making do with lots of short rests.

Jade. I do feel for you, ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉmy level of drugs are manageable but you seem zonked out. Have you had the MRI yet? Just hang in there girl…sending (((((๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•))))). Hope you get on top of this soon, I can feel your frustration through the pages..not used to lying around are you and it must be bored silly having to do so compared to your busy life.

SJ. Body clock still playing havoc!! Guess it will for a while. Had to laugh at OH s comments about people messing up a good photo. I can’t wait to get back to 5.2 and my exercises in the pool. Monday looks to go at this stage. Here’s hoping…..

CG. Sounds like it is all happening at your house also. Great feeling aint it!! Cleaning, throwing out and getting the house painted. Glad things got sorted with the painters.

Fit safe travelling. And a big hi to everyone else. Must get up and get at it. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, Jade I feel so sorry for you. Back pain is just so debilitating, and it bloody hurts! You definately need scans to see what has happened, what is pinched or misplaced. Pain killers are fine, as is rest, but it only masks the issue. Try to be a good patient, be it awfully frustrating, and push for follow up results.It was only when I was sent to an orthopedic surgeon that my problem was diagnosed and operated on. Pinched nerves and herniated discs! Cuddles xx
    PH life just keeps flowing and sounds to be getting better with each day for you ๐Ÿ˜Š The last 6 or so months have been real life changers for you so congratulations. Health will always cause issues, we have to learn to accept our capabilities, no matter how annoying they are, but I’m sure with your determination it will all come together for you โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•
    Fit I hope you are home safely by now, out of all the traffic and in your own bed….or close to it๐Ÿ˜Š Rest up well dear friend ready for the next installments of lifes adventures๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‰
    I had the best nights sleep only to be woken at 7:15 by pouring rain, it was lovely. We are expecting quite a lot in the next few days,and fortunately other than feeding my cows, shouldn’t need to be out in it. The painters are due about 10:00 today,so I’m hoping a lot can be put back in place and my home start to feel normal again. It’s so intrusive having them in daily, but necessary. My neck is starting to ease, just paracetamol regularly, and the back pain from over doing things in my green house is calming down too, so my anti inflams are working too, possibly just sitting in the bus yesterday helped too, can’t get into much mischief there! Stay well and safe team, watch the portion control and food choices ๐Ÿค” It all helps ๐Ÿ˜Š Golly 100k wind gusts just predicted today, but not a breath of a breeze yet, one never gets bored with our weather here, it does keep it interesting๐Ÿ˜ฑ Xxxxxxxx

Hi all. Jade that sounds terrible, I hope you feel better soon!

PH, I read your post as your friend had lost her husband for a while! Sadly, I guess it is actually permanent.I am glad you are feeling better. Strangely, reading your post reminded me of a dream I had last night which I doubt I would have otherwise remembered. I went to a retirement dinner last night (that bit was true) but in my dream I realised I had little black hairs poking out at different spots on my face. Not actual facial hairs, the kind that grow out of your eyebrows! Goodness knows where that came from as I had a good night and was not at all worried about my appearance!

CG, things sound as busy as ever at your house, I hope you feel better soon. I slipped over in the shower the other day, I had got in wearing my glasses(???) and tried to quickly stick them on the sink. Bad idea. Anyway, before I knew if I could move, I thought, oh thank goodness the electrician will be here in 30 minutes. I could be rescued. Immediately followed by OMG, I don’t want to be rescued like that! The electrician is young and a family friend, who I would see regularly! Anyway, panic for nothing as no real damage done, just some bruising!

Due to last night’s dinner, which I might add, was a thai banquet, delicious but definitely feastish, we are fasting today. I am still struggling with jet lag although it should be over I think, and slept until 10.30 this morning, so that helps!

Have a good weekend everyone! As SJ mentioned, I will be picnicking 1920’s style on Sunday and seeing Miss Fisher’s Murder Mystery costume exhibition. I will post my weight tomorrow after the second fast of the week.

Cheers.

Hi All Up you’ve been having some really weird dreams. Better ask Gyps what THAT one means!! Well done for getting 2 fasts in – only managed one this week but next week a full week of 5:2. So glad you didn’t join the ranks of the injured but bruising from that sort of hard fall can be nasty too so take it easy. Done one of those myself – did the splits while I was falling (that wasn’t fun!). Had to laugh at your eventual realisation of what being rescued by the electrician would mean!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    CG you will have sooo much fun putting your house back to order….just don’t overdo it please! Did you get your strong winds or not?
    PH hope the funeral & the wake were a fitting sendoff for your friend. {{{ }}} So glad everything is falling together for you with your new place & with the clean-out of the old ready to sell. Your family have been just amazing I reckon!
    Jade I soo feel for you. Can’t imagine you in a bad humour at all. Please please find a doctor who’s going to get to the cause of your pain through scans of some sort. Or get a recommendation for someone eg a physio or osteo to gently help you.
    Gotta go have choir practice at the church. Gotta rug up!!! suejen Have a good weekend all. XXXX

Hi all!
    We got home close to 1am last night but had a good sleep…..there’s nothing quite like your own bed! Hit the ground running by going to visit my sister in hospital. Her latest trick is to get back into her pyjamas and into bed, having been got up by the staff, then refusing to eat or cooperate with the staff! She says they are all lying to her about when she can go home and that she’s being kept there against her will. Thankfully, her main carer, who was on sick leave, is ready to come back to work and also start on some of the managerial duties etc. We’re hoping she can start in two weeks.
    My weigh in this morning shows a gain of nearly 3kg ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ซ. So, I’m doing a fast today and hoping some of that is just food in transit too! In fact, the food in transit (on the journey home, that is) is probably the main culprit. The food at those motorway service stations is truly awful and I ate lots of sweets along the way too!
    SJ, enjoy the singing. We take a break for the summer here because it’s a very small choir and lots of members are coming and going on holidays. Well done on your fast….one is better than none! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    UP, couldn’t help laughing about your predicament with the fall and the electrician, I think I’d prefer wait until OH got home. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I’m glad you’re not badly hurt but the bruises and aches will probably set in more as the days go by. Get using the arnica cream, it’s really brilliant for limiting bruising. Your picnic etc sounds like a fun event, have a great time.
    CG, have your painters finished yet? Great to hear that you got on so well with the surgeon and that your other aches and pains are easing. Take care, dearest pal ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    PH, I hope you’re still continuing to improve. Very exciting times for you which is why it’s hard to find time to look after yourself so please take care. I’ll be thinking of you as you support your bereaved friend ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž
    Jade, that’s one powerful cocktail of meds! I’m so sorry to hear you’re suffering so much. Back pain affects every part of the body and everything you try to do. Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes your way. I hope you start to improve very soon. Hang on in there, you’re one strong, amazing woman and I know you can beat this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•
    My terrific niece won a bronze medal at the Down Syndrome international games involving 30 countries. She’s the first Irish girl to win such a medal. She got into lots of finals too. I’m just bursting with pride. She is going to third level education where the college have designed a course specifically for her because they’re so impressed with how she has done so far. Sometimes life just shows us how lucky we are, so grab it by the b***s, gals! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„

Morning all, evening to some…son and partner have gone to Yamba for the weekend to visit friends so we can go at our own pace which will be nice for a couple of says. Funeral and wake was beautiful, Tom choose all the music himself and it was so special , it included some of the reflection tapes with natures sounds ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‚ and some guided refection , just beautiful. He was such a special person always very considerate, gave wise council to his friends and was always willing to help. I remembered before we moved into this house, I was still in a wheelchair, and he and his wife Bev surprised us by coming and cleaning the house completely before the furniture van arrived. They live in Woodgoolga and so I will be on hand to give her lots of support when we move. After the funeral and wake ( OH could not force himself to attend the wake due to his depression) and a rest, as you can see by the photos on Facebook our little family went fishing . Just what OH needed… So blessed๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Jade…hang in there girl..I know what it is like to be zonked out on pain killers but this too will pass…..and you will have the MRI and get some direction. Sometimes I wonder if it would be best just to hit the alcohol Instead of the drugs but so hard to drink when lying down!!! Frustrating for someone as full of life as you to not be able to get up and go…๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Fit. So glad you are home safe and sound after your lovely little holiday. Time to get back into your caring role Along with your other sister. I take it that your sister will stay in hospital until her main carer is back on board? If that is the case make sure you and your good sister make the most of your freedom and do some fun things together. I’m sure the food in transit will exit soon!!!

UP what a dream…and the thought process after the fall. I too would not want a young family friend rescuing me. Would never be able to share a wine with him without having the mental image in my head!!!! In that same vein I was talking to a friend onmy yesterday who was in the shower when her son rang and her OH handed her the phone, her son said to her …mum you need to put the phone in front of you so I can see you…looking into your ear is not great….she then realised he was on FaceTime and said to him….that’s not going to happen mate unless you want the shock of a lifetime looking at your mother starkers!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. We have to be careful with this new era of communication…and regarding the facial hair, I have lots of it as I have strong and fast growing hair and so finding a good reasonably priced beautician is a real must.
    Enjoy your picnic with Miss Fisher. We used to run murder mysteries with friends when the craze was on and they were so much fun..

Well done on two fasts this week. Awesome. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

SJ. Sounds like you are back into the swing of things. And congrats on your successful FD. I think I will join you and start my getting back on the horse on Monday. Really missing the pool and fasting so now that the second course of antibiotics seems to be getting rid of this damm wog I should be OK to go. We can begin getting rid of the last few months indulgence together”,๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ

CG. Will be so good to get your house back orderly fresh and clean after the painting. Your weather sounds awful this weekend. A good chance to finish that decluttering…. It is a bright sunny day here and so looking forward to getting some washing done now my breezeway and clothes line area are back in order. I know what you mean about knowing your limitations. I have them worked out pretty much now..as have you I imagine. Have a great weekend.

Thinking of you Gyps๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’..
    And GG. So lovely to have you back in regular contact..๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’
    Bye for now ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Nice to read the cheerful posts.

My promise to weigh in today is not happening. Not long after I wrote on here, I learned of the tragic death of a friend which was of course very upsetting. I had no appetite so that was OK, but in the end a mutual friend came around for a drink with his wife and 3 year old. A 3 year old always lightens the mood! Anyway, we ended up ordering pizza.

Next week!

Buggar! Just lost a long post, as I hit send, the power went out, so no internet!
    Jade rest rest, and more rest.you must feel the reins are very tight but it’s for your own good. The scans will show the damage you have done, then they can go ahead and operate if necessary……long road ahead dear friend, but it will be worth itโ˜บ๏ธ
    We have a very cold wet, windy day here. Very dangerous weather to be out in, especially on the roads. I only need to go out in it to feed my cows, then back into decluttering and revamping things๐Ÿ˜‰
    PH, try to rest up too whilst the family is away, even though you are feeling better with the extra meds, illness takes it toll on our energy. Loved the pics on facebook too๐Ÿ’•
    Suejen you didn’t take long to get back into the fold of the community๐Ÿ˜Š Your holiday must already be starting to feel like a dream. At least you have those beautiful pics to look back on to feel the love๐Ÿ’• Any news from your daughter?
    Up I too had a giggle with your dream, it’s funny how our subconscious works, no given reason as to why. Take care with the bruises. ( just doing an edit and saw your post, sorry hear of the tragic news, friends are a must in times like that๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿทhugs to you)
    Fit I’m glad you are home safely, like you say, nothing like your own bed. That sister of yours is determant to cause issues isn’t she. She is sounding like a naughty child! I hope once her main carer is back on deck, you get the peace of mind you deserve, cuddles dear friendโค๏ธ
    I’ll post this now whilst the power is back on, then have a hot shower and get back into getting some order back in my home. I’m telling myself, it is all early Spring cleaning! Peace be with you team, cuddles ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Šxxxx

Morning all snuggling here in my dressing gown long socks & slippers. A chilly wet day ahead methinks. Fit you’re right about those motorway service stations as we found in the US when we had to resort to them….such dreadful food. Fried is generally the order of the day or lashings of sauce or cheese and sides of fries etc with everything. So I think your 3kg will be gone pretty quickly. Wow great news about your niece Fit how wonderful that she’s doing so well in so many different areas. Hope your main carer for your sister is on board very very soon to give you some peace of mind. Amazing isn’t it how we revert to childhood in our older years…well some more than others!
    PH sounds like a special man and a special service too – very fitting. Glad you’ll be able to support your friend once you’re closer win-win all around. XX
    Oh Up so glad you had a friend and her child come around. Kids are just what you need at times like that. You’re reminded of the circle of life and you can’t be sad for too long around kids. {{{ }}} to you as it sounds like it was quite a shock.
    CG don’t know if anyone else watches the tour but talk about carnage on the wet roads there last night. It was terrible….one crash after another. And those guys just get up again get a new bike and head off again while their clothes are torn and tattered and they’ve lost lots of skin & bleeding. Enjoy your spring cleaning dear ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes had one phone call from my D weeks ago where she got her oldest to call me & then each of the kids in turn. I didn’t know if she was even going to talk to me at the end & when she did I just lost it (after 12 months+). After so long it was just too much as I explained to her – especially coming back from wonderful times with family to just nothing. Rang (no answer as usual) & emailed her later & said to call again but she hasn’t. Can do no more.
    Well think today will be a good housecleaning day – looking like it needs it. Not exciting but gotta be done. Bought a bright new red & white floral doona set & red blanket & red & white cushions for our 2nd bedroom – looks smashing. Happy about that as my brother & SIL are flying over from Ballarat for 2 weeks with us which is great. They never travel as he has suffered from chronic fatigue for decades & fybromyalgia but he’s decided he really wants to come over. He’ll be zonked out for a lot of the time but we’ll get around a bit.
    Enjoy your weekend all. Jade sending you hugs {{{ }}} and truly truly hoping and praying that they can find out what you’ve done to your back. Let’s hope they can get you on a better cocktail of meds too that doesn’t make you a zombie. Hang in there dear friend till they sort it out. OH must be tearing his hair out by now as you probably would be too…….if you could manage it!
    Gyps hope you can sort out the situation with the bush shack & make the best decision for your circumstances. Be strong & when you can’t be…there’s always some wonderful brew to be had nearby to get you through! XXX suejen XXXX

Hi all!
    UP, I’m so sorry to hear about the tragic death of your friend. It sounds as if it was sudden too which makes it very hard to come to terms with. I’m glad you had the distraction of the little ‘un. Be kind to yourself as you get to grips with your loss ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š
    SJ, your spare room sounds lovely, bright and cheery. It will be a lovely space for your brother to relax in. I hope his visit goes well. It will be nice to have him visit even if he doesn’t have the energy to do too much when he gets there. How wonderful of him to make the effort to travel at all. Hopefully it will soften the blow of your d’s unreasonable behaviour. However, it was a good sign that she got the grandies to speak to you. Maybe she is using them to help bridge the gap between you both? Hugs to you ((()))
    CG, I really hate when I lose a long post, Grrr! It never seems to happen with a short one, does it? ๐Ÿ˜ Wow, it’s strange for me to be reading about your awful weather when it’s warm, dry and very pleasant here. Don’t overdo things trying to get everything back into order once your painters leave. Remember you have plenty of time and with that dreadful weather outside, you have to stay indoors anyway…..so slowly and gently does it. My sister is exactly like a bold child but you can’t really reason with her because two minutes later she forgets what you’ve told her! She is coming home from hospital next Wednesday so there will be a gap of at least ten days before her main carer can start again. Should be fun!
    PH, the funeral service sounds very moving and a real tribute to your friend and also a great comfort to the family and friends. It will be great that you will be close to your friend’s wife so that you can support her in the difficult times ahead. I hope your OH starts to feel better soon too. Enjoy having so much family around you and take care of yourself too.
    I had a good fast yesterday so one of those blasted kg is gone…..hopefully for good! I have to get back to the no snacking challenge too, I didn’t do too well on that front while travelling ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Love and best wishes to all the rest of the gang ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž

Oh goodness, the crew has certainly been active. Oh my, the chuckles from Up realizing she’d be rescued naked and PH avoiding FaceTime for the same reason๐Ÿ˜‚And golly what weird dreams we have, I’ve had a bunch due to narcotics but can’t remember a one….Fit, so glad you are home, and yes of course those damn kgs will go as quickly as they came if not quicker. Huge congrats to your niece for the bronze medal, what a champ!๐Ÿ†
    Sympathies to those who’ve lost friends and love ones. We are most of us at that age, sadly, when it isn’t entirely shocking. I was quite down myself just at the thought of having to depend on others. I am so independent, the last time I wasn’t, I was married and miserable and swore it would never happen again. Then a friend showed up at my door today and watered my thirsty plants and helped me put things right around the house, God love her. I guess I have some learning and adjusting to do.

SJ special hugs and love to you re your D and grandies {{{}}}}hold tight to the love and good memories.xxxx

CG thanks as always for th good advice, I’m going to be a patient patient, I promise โ˜บ๏ธ

Sorry I can’t remember what else was said, so I’ll just leave it at this: I love you all for being here and sharing your wonderful stories full of life and laughter and sadness and silliness. It is always a pick-me-up to hear your news. I know I am in a drug-induced fog so might not have come out and said it otherwise but would think it just the same๐Ÿ˜Love you all to bits.xxxxjadexxx

Viewing 50 posts - 14,001 through 14,050 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.