Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,951 through 14,000 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi PH, we crossed! What a fantastic job you and all the family are doing on the Sale of the Century! Also, the charity is benefitting to a huge extent….well done! I hope your back eases soon, it was probably inevitable that it would give out eventually with all that you were doing but I hope it doesn’t take long to get better again. Wow, water skiing one handed wearing a bikini…..I’m mega impressed! I tried cable skiing the last time we were in Oz, spent most of my time dragging myself and the skis to the edge of the lake to trek back to the start for yet another failed attempt to get upright! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜

Fit woohoo, happy travels dear friend. Have a ball at the graduation and best wishes for the renovations๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’— I hope the trip is kinder to you than your last trip home, bad weather etc. I’m with you on the tennis, the bad sportmanship shown by the Aussies is an embarressment. ๐Ÿ˜ก They need a damned good talking too it’s a pity they can’t be replaced.
    PH, it’s almost behind you now and life back to normal. Look after your back and don’t rush things. Many hands make light work and family are the best๐Ÿ˜‰
    I spent most of the day resting in front of telly, 2 hr nap on the couch, not much better. The doctors office phoned this morning to cancel my appt……my doctor was off sick with the flu! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—xxxxxx

PH, count me in your crowd of admirers for the one-handed bikini trick on water skis! Quick thinking and excellent reflexes there ๐Ÿ™‚ And you’re just as active now – please rest that back when you can!

CG, the doc’s down with the flu too? Hope it’s not an epidemic. Bundle up and feel better, don’t forget your citrus and vitamin C. Hope you get in later this week?

Fit have a fabulous time on your travels, so relieved for you and your other sis that you don’t have to worry for a time. Hugs to your smart D, you may be busting your buttons out of pride, so carry those safety pins ๐Ÿ˜‰

Up, have fun in China – I was there long ago but loved it, was quite surprised that the food was very much like what we get in the US, maybe a bit more adventurous but all delicious.

Love to all the team, must run get my grading done here at school :/ – xxxx

Just a quick check in to say I’ve had an absolutely fabulous evening with OH and my two gorgeous girls. We had a lot of travel hiccoughs and delays but finally got to the restaurant for a really beautiful meal, with several glasses of wine and a cocktail to finish! Mmmmm๐Ÿ˜‹
    Hope you’re feeling better CG, there must be a dose going around if even your GP has it! Lots of fluids (non alcoholic! ๐Ÿ˜‰) and stay warm.
    Jade, I can’t get much prouder or happier with my two DS than I am at the moment but the only reason I’ll need safety pins is because I absolutely stuffed myself at the restaurant this evening…..totally worth it though!
    PH, I hope you’ve been resting that back and just sitting back directing operations from the armchair or the bed! Take care ๐Ÿ‘
    UP, are you in China yet? I hope all your travels went without a hitch this time and that the weather is kind to you too.
    Many thanks again to all for your kind thoughts and wishes….it means the world to me to have such great support. I also had a lovely phone call from GG….so thoughtful and caring!
    Ok, better go to sleep now in order to be look half human for the graduation tomorrow! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•

Hi Fit, I’m so pleased for you. Being with family completes us all and topping it all off with a great meal makes it memorable๐Ÿ˜‰ If I were you, I’d wear an extendable top for tonights graduation….room for the bloated chest๐Ÿ’— How long before you set off for France, curiosity must be getting to you with the renovations by now too. Oh the fun you will have redecorating and above all relaxing in the French country side/ beach side, just being you ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’• cuddles๐Ÿท xxxxxxxx

Hi team, everyone must be out and about. Suejen, where are you? Are you still sleeping off the jet lag? I do hope you found your home was left spick and span the way it was ๐Ÿ˜‰ when you left. Fit, enjoy the night tonight, one very proud Mum. I’m finding soup a great stand by for this winter weather, probably having a bit too much toast with it, but have dropped another 500g so still happy with that ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—xxxxx

Hey CG I’m here but without power so just dropping a quick line on my phone. Well done on dropping the 500g! You must have that corset pulled up around your face๐Ÿ˜‚ Stay warm dear girl๐Ÿ’›

Fit I hope you’re having a ball with your family – heaven knows (and I mean that!) you deserve it! Enjoy all the love and good times and do share when you get back๐Ÿ˜

Very hot here, good for fasting I guess! Check in later-xxxx

Hi all. Fit..how proud you must be. Your dinner out sounds fabulous. Hope the graduation was all you hoped it would be. What a special family you have…Enjoy every moment ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. Are the girls going to France with you?.

Jade. Can’t believe you are on holidays? You seem to be working all through grading papers!! When do you actually get some time to yourself?

CG. Dropping 500g. Well done. Must not be long now till you can get rid of that corset for good. I too,have come down with a heavy head cold. D had it and I thought I’d dodged it but work up this morning with a completely stuffed head unable to braath through my nose. Hope it does not stick around too long. Not the flu as no additional aches and pains..just the regular ones. The body telling me to rest no doubt.

Well yesterday went for our second inspection of a 2 bedroom unit we are interested in at Woolgoolga. Now the decisions must be made. I love the unit. It is very spacey in the living area ,has a nice big kitchen with lots of cupboards, good sized bedrooms with built-ins good sized bathroom well positioned between the two bedrooms and a second toilet behind the garage. We would convert the garage into two spaces, one for OH tools and camping gear, and the other half for my sewing room, with a single bed for OH to move to when we have visitors. It is the front unit in a complex and so we would have a front, side and back yard . All looked after by the body corporate. Nice deck in the back yard which is north facing and so would get the morning sun . So all in all it ticks all the boxes..can we downsize from 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2 large outdoor areas and a double garage with lots of storage space and in addition a large leased shed next door. โ“โ“โ“โ“. Crunch time โ—๏ธโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ Listing pros and cons about to begin!!
    Catch up with you all soon. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi PH, rest,rest,rest! That’s what I did for 2 days and yesterday felt 80% today….back to normal as is my energy. It hits like a brick and just lays you flat so listen to your body ๐Ÿ’• The unit sounds perfect good luck ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Back down to 71k this morning after zigzagging up to 75k after my op, a lot of fluid retention and abnormal non 5:2 eating๐Ÿ˜ฑ So stay with it team, maintaining is better than gaining and with winter here on our door step, comfort food is just so yummy and warming๐Ÿ˜Š Enjoy the day, don’t be too hard on yourself……cuddles ๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxxx

Ni Hao! My only word. Yes, I have managed to get through the censors with help from my son.

All is well, survived 3 flights from Greece, to Vienna to Seoul to China and amazingly the bags arrived. I think I mentioned all our flights had to be changed as the university wouldn’t allow travel through Istanbul. It wasn’t the most direct way but my husband had to speak in Greece one day and China the next so we had to take what we could get at short notice. Sorry if I have said things before but I have been emailing family etc!

Had an hour and a half to try and freshen up and look like I had had some sleep before I had to be at a dinner last night. I don’t know what they think we foreigners eat but there was a buffet with sections for vegetarian, muslim etc, all very thoughtful BUT it mainly consisted of a version of KFC, some kind of meat and a thousand or so carbs! There was spaghetti, french fries, potatoes, deep fried everything including donuts.

No vegetables, the only chinese thing was dim sum ( the americans called them pot stickers, Jade). Not even a grain of rice to be seen!But there was some watermelon! Anyway, that was put on by the uni. I imagine the hotel will be better. They have put us up in an amazing hotel I must say.Our “room” is even more than a suite. It is enormous with a bedroom that steps down into a living area both very big. Then there are 2 full bathrooms and a separate office which I am in right now and is large bedroom size.

Sorry, I am not going to comment on everyone, feeling wiped out. I made a coffee in my room a while ago, a Nescafe sachet called Nescafe plus 2. It turned out to contain milk and sugar. I hate coffee with sugar but sometimes you need a coffee so much you will drink it. There is plenty of tea but no milk and I am boiling bottled water so I am going to have to venture out at some stage.Right now I am happy to chill, even crossing the road here is tricky!xx

One last thing, a couple of you mentioned weather. Yes a category 4 typhoon is coming here and to Taiwan,our next stop. We think that it will have gone through Taiwan by the time we get there. I don’t mind being in one if I am in this hotel, There is no way I want to be near an aeroplane during one. I have already had enough adventures for one trip!

Oh what an adventure Up! At least you have the bonus of the glorious room, everything else you go to now will seem second class๐Ÿ˜‚ Yep, agree, coffee is a must….with milk, it might be safer to find powered milk made in Aust! Take care and safe travels, 5:2 will still look after you when you return, cuddles ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxx (our local dairy products are Devondale but don’t know if you can get it there)xx

Up they just said on the news China has been hit with the typhoon, are you okay???xxx

Hi UP . You were spot on. Just reading a news report that it hit Tiawan as a category 5. Guess you are coping it in China about now. Stay safe..in your beautiful hotel room. Guessing it will be not as destructive in China. Tiawan is such a. Beautiful country especially in the north, my oldest son and partner (the Canadians) were in the far north teaching and I visited them for 2 weeks while they were there. The people were so generous but poor and the countryside beautiful. Hope they have not been hit too bad by this latest disaster…what a challenge filled trip you are having! Keep,safe ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Well everyone we up and done it!! Made an offer on the Villa yesterday and it was accepted and so I guess this is the first step in our big downsize. And the beginning of the next phase of our life. Excited and looking forward to the challenge of getting rid of much more stuff!!๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
    Will try to get some more sleep ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Big hi to everyone else!๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hey team, after 24 hours we have power again – wow, makes one appreciate the luxury of air conditioning, wifi, etc. OH and I sat quietly most of the day (trying not to sweat!), read books, nibbled on crackers so as not to open the fridge. Later I walked outside, met some new neighbors, watched the men working on system repairs. Interesting day, reminded me how easy it is to detach from the real world. With the latest violence here, that’s sometimes a blessing. Very sad times here in the states…..

But wow, PH, how exciting! The new unit does sound perfect – is it near the ocean? How’s OH taking it? It can be a shock to see plans truly happening. A friend here just downsized into a condo with a pool and says it’s like being on vacation all the time, so carefree, she doesn’t miss a thing she got rid of. I would love to experience that! So I’ll just come visit when you’re settled, no worries I’ll take the bed in the garage๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope it works out, but if not then many more fish in the sea๐Ÿฌ OH MY GOODNESS I just read your latest…congratulations!!! That’s fabulous, so happy for you๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Up, hope you are safe in the wild weather….please do check in when you can to reassure us. I imagine that buffet was designed to make everyone feel “at home” but how funny all the carb options! No doubt they think the rest of the world’s dietary preferences are crazy – some truth to that.
    Cheers to our other traveler, Fit, hope you are having cuddles beyond measure with your family and that the renos in France are just what you imagined๐Ÿ”จ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ˜โ˜˜

CG I’m on the maintenance train with you, pleased to see I’d maintained my FD loss after yesterday’s “crackers in the sauna” experience. Still up from where I want to be, but happy to toe the line without too much effort.

For those trying to do more low-carb – I had cauliflower-crust pizza the other night and it was fantastic. It’s just riced cauli (steamed and drained), mixed with an egg and grated cheese then formed into a circle on parchment, baked until browned and crisp (I flipped it over, baked a total about 45 min – I like a crisp crust!). Then top with whatever and bake another 10min or so. The recipe I used was 600cals for the whole thing and it filled us both to the point of feeling totally satisfied. And I don’t say that lightly, as I am not all that easily satisfied๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‹

Off to do some errands that I didn’t feel like doing in the heat – hugs to you all, a special hug to Gyps and the leprechaun๐Ÿ’šโ˜˜always in our thoughtsโ™ฅ๏ธ- jadexxx
    ps shout out to SJ , hope you’re getting plenty of rest after your long trip -xx

CG, I’d love a short Recap of your year, I’ve actually been worrying about you ๐Ÿ˜ณ. 70k is a pretty healthy place to be and I feel not gaining is very much a Success.

Fit, I haven’t been going through a liy, tbh. You know, just life. It happens sometimes, I can’t complain, I’m a lucky person.

(I’m not sure what your nickname is yet) purple hats, I lost track around March of last year I think, I don’t quite remember your name either so maybe you hadn’t arrived yet?

Anyway, just went to the Gym (at 9:30pm!) And did a 45-minute virtual spinning class. After 25 minutes I was glad it was virtual and I was alone because I started cursing at the lady on the screen under my breath ๐Ÿ˜‚ darn girl making me cycle so hard. Glad I stuck it out though. That’s another 600kcal gone!

We’ve had the wettest month since records began, and it’s been so depressie , this weekend will finally be actual summer weather and I can’t wait. Maybe that’s why I’ve come back to the Aussies: to compensate the weather ๐Ÿ˜„

JL, I think I have a recipe somewhere for cauliflower pizza crust with cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, I do love those, I should make it again …

Hi all, feeling a bit better today and so off to the beach with the kids and our best friends family. They have all their kids and grandkids home so going down to have a picnic and play cricket on the beach and have a big catch up. I have fashioned myself a hijab and am pretending to be Muslim today so that I don’t spread germs around, not sure if it is a hijab or not but will be covering my nose and mouth with a scarf draped in style. So looking forward to it.

oH calling for us to go so will get back to you all later ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, I sat up and watched the tennis till 2:00๐Ÿ˜ฑ Then slept in till 11:30!!!! Can’t believe it. After such awful sleepless nights this might get my system back to normal. Sunshine and a mild day here, even good mowing weather, but the grass is still very wet. FC the pizza crust sounds great, I’ve never tried it, I’ve done the cauli rice, but pizza for one isn’t easy and my freezer is bursting with leftovers, that my personal promise to myself is to EAT from the freezer….stop shopping and don’t make anything new, because portions of it will end up in the freezer too!
    Jade I loved the pic on FB ๐Ÿ˜Š The little dog looks like my Rocky, a black and tan King Charles โ˜บ๏ธ How awful being without electricity for so long. I’m ALL electric here and we often have black outs during big storms so tourches are at the ready everywhere. My hot plates (stove) are gass, so I can at least boil some water for a coffee๐Ÿ˜Š Stay cool my friend, it does get opressive when so hot. The tragedies over there are heartbreaking. Why can’t people just live together in harmony. People going about their day to day life, working, never know if they will make it home the evening. Awful.
    Fit, where are you? How was the graduation and are the reno’s all finished and what you wanted?
    PH sounds like a fun day coming up, the salt air will do your sinus good too.enjoyโ˜บ๏ธ
    Golly, half the day is gone, I’d better shower….but hey, I’m not rushing, no one to answer to, I’m retired, so no guilt involved.
    Count your blessings team, we all have so much to ge grateful for, hug you loved ones๐Ÿ’•Cuddles xxxxxxxx

Bonjour mes chers amis!
    Finally arrived in France late last evening, absolutely wrecked from all the travelling. Not scary like yours, UP, just long hours in the car on very busy motorways. The renovation project went very well and the space upstairs now consists of three decent sized bedrooms plus an office for OH. The work is very neat, just needs painting but I’m not going to be here long enough to do that this time. However, we thought we asked the guy to put some shelving under the stairs for storage but instead, he put in a whole new staircase and no shelves! The new stairs are steeper than the old and have shallow steps too….not too suitable for negotiating in the middle of the night! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ The old stairs were open tread and not very safe either but it’s a bit like going from the frying pan into the fire!
    UP, I hope you get a chance now to relax and unwind in your very posh accommodation before heading to Taiwan. Hopefully the typhoon will have passed on by now without too much damage or loss for the areas hit by it. The food choices sound very limited but maybe you’ll get a chance to try something better later. Best of luck with it all! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    PH, huge congrats and best wishes for the next phase of life to you and OH. You sure don’t let the grass grow! ๐ŸŒช Have you to put your own place on the market now? Best of luck with everything. The new place sounds amazing and perfectly suited to your future lifestyle. My two girls are back at work so it’s just OH, the dog and me on France. It will be a very short stay but we’ll make sure to make the most of it.
    The couple of days in the UK and the graduation were just fantastic! We went out for a meal each night, just the four of us and had a brilliant time. The girls went clubbing with my daughter’s friends after the graduation and had a great time. The ceremony itself was in a beautiful old building and there was food and drink on the lawn before and after with music playing in the sunshine……couldn’t have been better. My only hitch was, I had been interrupted during my packing and ended up forgetting to bring my dress! Luckily I had a pretty summery skirt with me and the jacket I brought went with it nicely! Phew!
    Jade, I must try the cauli rice and pizza….sounds very tasty and sin free! I have totally abandoned 5:2 for the last three or four days but it’s been worth it! Time enough to get back on track now.
    CG, great results from you, yippee! You’ll have that corset off soon and be on top of the world again! I’m looking forward to the tennis today and tomorrow, if I can get to see it…..the reception is very hit and miss where we are. We get the British channels from the Channel Islands but the weather affects the quality of the reception. Obviously, I’m shouting for Andy Murray as we share a surname (my maiden name) and probably the same heritage too, as we believe there is Scottish ancestry somewhere along the line too!
    Flemmy, I’m so glad to get away from the relentless rain in Ireland so I sympathise with you. I hope you get lots of sunshine this weekend and get out and about to enjoy it! I’ve forgotten exactly where you live. OH and I briefly visited Belgium the summer before last to visit a military cemetery near Mons. Maybe some time in the future we could meet up? Did you read about the big reunion the Aussie gals had this year? It was amazing! I’m expecting Jade to meet up with me in Dublin later this year….fingers crossed!
    Big hello to all the rest of the gang and wishing you all well wherever you are and whatever you’re doing!
    A bientot! ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•

Fit, so good to hear from you! How wonderful that you’ve had such good times with your Ds and that the renos (except for the stairs๐Ÿ˜จ) have gone well at your French pied a terre๐Ÿ’. I should think after all the traveling you wouldn’t even think of painting! Just rest, sip some nice french๐Ÿทand have fun!๐ŸŽ‰ And yes, wild horses won’t keep me away this fall๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ! Flemmy you should come join in the fun, though I have no idea where you are, so perhaps that’s a stretch๐Ÿค” But if you are the type to curse at virtual trainers, I know we’d get along๐Ÿ˜œ. I was out for a bike ride and jog yesterday, much better than a gym though a bit on the warm side, 90F. After a day without a/c though, it wasn’t so bad!๐Ÿ”ฅ

PH, I’m so excited for you, wish you could post some photos of the place or email them? Man, you pounced on that new place like a tiger! I’m jealous – we are also considering downsizing but unfortunately are unsure where we might go. In the meantime, I’m decluttering and still doing that clothes folding thing Fit shared. So brilliant, I do love being able to see all – and how few clothes I really need. OH and I pitched 10 bags the other day!! I know what you mean about the freezer, CG, mine is bursting and yet I bought another 2lbs of fresh salmon that ended up in there๐Ÿ˜. I should really limit my shopping to veg and fruit, but of course that never happens.๐Ÿ˜‚

Speaking of pitching, it’s soon time to pitch that mean corset, isn’t it? How is everything feeling? so pleased for you, a big decision but such a good one. There is no denying getting older, but no reason we can’t face the years looking and feeling as tip top as possible.๐Ÿ‹

Up, I hope you’re enjoying China and that you’ve gotten hold of some actual Chinese food? They have such wonderful seafood and other delicacies. Safe journey to Taiwan, and begone typhoon!!

Ha, my goal today is to lounge around until the local bakery closes. I certainly can’t go there in my moon and stars jammies๐ŸŒ™โœจbut it’s calling my name! I suppose if I walked there and back it’d be a wash? Ha ha! Hugs all, I guess it’s time to hit the day – make it a good one๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œxxx

Hi all. Such a lot of great things happening. We had to cancel the beach as it was blowing a gale at the beach…instead all went to our friends place where they have a very large deck and 10 acres with lots of animals and chooks. The kids had a ball and played cricket anyway as well as giving the chooks an extra fed, feeding the miniature horse and throwing the ball for the dog. A very exhausted dog at the end of the day I assume. I only stayed an hour as I was afraid of spreading germs. My hijab went over a treat, difficult to eat with one of those but still possible. I’m sure I did not infect anyone as I had a double layer across my mouth and nose and kept away from everyone else. No cuddles etc…good to see all the young ones again. Out two families have grown up together and are very close. So good to see them Now playing together with their own families.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜..these are the friends that will store our caravan for us..at the moment we are only 5 minutes apart but will make sure we keep in touch regularly when we move and they also plan on retiring to Woolgoolga.

Jade as per request I will post some photos on Facebook and Fit I will also attempt to get some on the thread for you. If you can get on the internet you can punch in 1/14-16 Strawberry Close, Woolgoolga. NSW. It is with Vision property sales and you can see the sale advert. Photos do not do it justice as it does not show the main bedroom or the back deck but you will get the general idea. All the blue paint will be repainted white. And the blue kitchen will have the doors replaced with white ones and draws put in instead of cupboards. And will put floorboards in the kitchen area. My lounge room chairs are aubergene and red so would not go at all with blue. Carpet is grey which will work perfectly. We were very lucky to find something in that price range in Woolgoolga as villas are very few and far between. Hence the need to move fast.

Enough about me. I will post then then get back unless I lose it. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Back again. UP. You are sure to get some great food in Tiawan. Absolutely beautiful food has a Japanese influence along with Asian. Just loved the light soup influence for breakfast. You should be there by now. I do hope they did not have too much widespread damage in the beautiful north.

Fit. Great to see you finally in France. And that the renovation went mostly well. Except for the stairs of course. It must be a big house…..sit back and enjoy. The painting can wait….๐Ÿพ๐Ÿท๐Ÿง€๐Ÿž. Pity they don’t have a French loaf in emojis ..such a lot of memories you have made with Daughters and fancy forgetting your dress!! I’m sure you looked great anyway..

Jade. You are a fit one, a bike ride and a jog and in summer๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž. Oh to be so fit again. You and OH will get to do your retirement move when the time is right. This is our second one. The worst one was when we left the farm so had to get to the beach via a two stage move. OH has had a bad three years adjusting but it seems that he is now ready to move on again so I must strike while the iron is hot. And thankfully it was his idea this time so once he comes to a conclusion I just get my skates on and get it happening. So lucky to find this place so gyps must have lined up all the stars for me.

FC , where do you.live in Canada? So good to have you on the thread. I am known as PH and I did not join until September last year. And what a blessing that was . I had lost around 13kg before I joined and from sept to March lost another 12 kg thanks to these wonderful gals..have been treading ground since March as have been very busy with family and plateaus. Once my Canadian family return home in August I plan to get serious again and continue the journey. At the moment just enjoying myself.

CG. You are certainly improving quickly. My neighbour, bless her, sent over her special chicken soup for me, a great big batch, the most beautiful chicken soup I have ever tasted. Asked her for the recipe and she said there isn’t one, she just throws everything she has in the pot, adds some mild curry and that is that. It is just wonderful to just be able to get one out of the freezer when I feel like something to eat. Will miss her as she is also the angel who cleans my house.

Best get up,and start the day. Taking a while to shift this wog. Hope it moves on soon. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Wow, PH…25 kg down is awesome!๐Ÿ‘ We’re all in better shape for having found our way here, aren’t we – โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Thanks for the links and photos, your new place is so pretty and sounds just like what my friend here described, you’ll be “always on vacation.” Walking distance to the beach? Not sure what they meant by “manageable” distance๐Ÿ˜‚oh those real estate writers….and boy won’t the grandies love that! I will keep searching for my woolgoolga๐ŸŒŒ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ–

Flemmy you’re in Europe I believe, not Canada? Maybe near wherever in France Fit is at the moment. I’d love to do some traveling this summer, but it was hard enough just cattle-prodding OH out the door yesterday to go shopping. I took him to a Stetson hat store about an hour’s drive away, because he’s wanted a new one for ages, and it’s his birthday weekend, and he was once again going to order some online. Ugh, every time he’s done that, I’ve had to wrap them up and mail them back. I mean, it’s like buying a bra right? After many try-ons, he finally decided on a very smart one, I’ll have to post a photo of him by his truck, he looks quite ruggedly handsome๐Ÿ’˜

Nothing about yesterday otherwise is worth mentioning, I was tired of behaving so dinner was pure poison per recent health news: hot dogs, white bread, potato chips, fudgcicles, and shortbread cookies – though the last was topped with natural peanut butter. Nice going, champ๐Ÿ†! We’ll just call that “traditional” 5:2 (heavy on the 5)๐Ÿ˜‰. Enjoy whatever you’re doing today, team, hugs from across the world๐Ÿ—ฝxxxx

Hi team, golly, where did yesterday go? I didn’t get to post, no real reason, just pottering and forgot.
    Fit I’m pleased to hear all is going well and you had such a lovely time with your girls. How funny about the dress!๐Ÿ˜ฑ I bet you looked lovely in your skirt and top. Ooooo don’t like the sound of the stairs. I wonder if he can widen each step? The older we get the more stability we need ๐Ÿ˜‰ The rest of the alterations sound lovely๐Ÿ˜Š Enjoy your rest and time in France and I hope the weather is good to you both….and Molly๐Ÿถ
    PH what a wonderfully full life you are having, family and friends really make it, and now a new unit to boot. Good luck in selling yours, it’s always the hardest time, having everything ready to view, but, no real way out unless you can afford to move before handโ˜บ๏ธ
    Jade, nice pigout my friend! I bet you enjoyed every morsel……..every so often our systems just yearn for junk food, but it kicks the guilts into action too so doubt just the one day will have any lasting effect๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•
    Well, they are predicting snow on Wednesday, the temps are falling and it’s snuggle up time and definately home comfort weatherโ˜บ๏ธ I’m going into town this morning, my main computer is having a hissy fit, and I’m over trying to figure it out. Normally I can show it who the boss is, but as my ipad is my usual mode of comunication these days, the computer can get professional help now. We have glorious clear blue skies, icy cold but very pretty, and the paddocks are such a lovely shade of green. It only snows here vary rarely, last time was 5 years ago, so it is a novelty. It does look so pretty and doesn’t last long, only a day or two, but worth heaps of pics๐Ÿ˜ My split system wont work when the temps drop so low ….8 predicted, so in with the radiaters, hoping we don’t have a black out! Weight wise, I’m still holding between 70-71k so no complaints. My healing is going really well, I’m so glad it’s behind me. Next week is the final check up with the surgeon, Yippeeee! I have the handyman in painting the back two bedrooms, passage, laundry and spare bathroom….oh and the loo. I couldn’t afford it all 2 years ago when the main section of the house was done, so looking forward to it all matching now๐Ÿ˜Š My house is 27sq so pretty big, and expensive to have it all done at once๐Ÿ˜
    Have a perfect day team, stay positive, no matter what ails you, it will pass and makes you strongerโ˜บ๏ธ Suejen I hope the jetlag is leaving you and you are starting to feel more like your old self again. Up, safe travels to you and enjoy the experience. Cuddles team โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Šxxxxxxxx

Hi all. Yes Jade, the kids and grandies could in fact walk to the beach, ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ– not me but as long as I have my wheels then I’m OK. When I get down to being on a gopher then I could drive that to the beach also, but mostly plan on frequenting the wonderful coffee and interesting little shops. Woolgoolga or Woppi as the locals affectionately call it is a lovely beach village just 13 minutes from Coffs Harbour, small enough to get around in easily with lots of parks etc but large enough to have a couple of clubs, and coffee shops, doctors physio’s etc. it has just got its first large supermarket. So just our style. Hope you find your ideal retirement place in the not so distant future. Thanks for the encouragement on weight..another 10 to go and then I’ll be happy.

CG.you sure have a large house. Great to have a handyman to do some painting for you. I’ll have to find one for our new villa as it is all blue, not my colour at all. OH shoulder is not getting any better so thinking his painting days are finished. Snow!! โ„๏ธโ„๏ธWow that would be amazing just for a few days every few years.

Fit enjoy France!!

A big hi to everyone else๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™‹. Went to the doctor yesterday and this โ‚ฌยฃยฅยฃยฃ# wog has gone to my chest so antibiotics and rest rest rest prescribed. Not much fun happening in this house today. Oh well. Don’t get sick often so does not hurt to be reminded of what others go through regularly. Love and hugs ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Sounds ideal, PH -mmm a coffee shop! I’m all for the gopher – I’m sure the grandies would like a rideโ˜บ๏ธ We’ve found a few little places here at nearby lakes, but no cafes, shops etc. around. I don’t want to downsize out of civilization๐Ÿ˜œ We’re waiting to see where life takes youngest D but we love many parts of this big country (and others!), so who knows๐Ÿค” Que sera sera.๐Ÿ’ซ

CG, thank you it was a legendary pigout๐Ÿฝalmost nostalgic. How exciting to get all your painting done! Lucky you to have a good handyman, it’s like pulling teeth to get one here. We need a carpenter in the worst way, guess it wouldn’t hurt to actually call one and get on the wait list.๐Ÿ™„ Stay warm with the snow out, take some pix to share tooโ˜ƒ

Fit, I see your man Murray got it done at Wimbledon – no doubt you were glued to the set! I cheered for him on your behalf, I know that helped.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š What do you plan to do about the stairs? Just not use them in the dark, for starters…. Safe travels back home to you OH and little Mollyโ™ฅ๏ธ (thanks CG for the fluffy one’s name๐Ÿถ).

After my nostalgic carby weekend, I’m set for a FD today. Fixed a Mexican style fish and rice last night, not too bad nutritionally but used white instead of brown rice. OH is discovering how fickle the scale is, I’ve warned him, but yesterday he was up 2lbs and feeling panicked. Ah, such a neophyte….

Hugs Aussies, better go out and start kicking the day into shape๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’›jadexxx

Hi all!
    Oh, Jade, we sure are sympatico! I had such a pig out yesterday of biblical proportions! Well, I had to keep my strength up for watching Andy Murray and to get him over the line and then France were playing in the European football final against Portugal, so more sustenance was needed. So lots of sugar, carbs and other unmentionables were consumed ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I’m getting used to the stairs but will definitely have to be extra vigilant during the night! Apparently, the tradie thought it was too low for OH and wanted to give him more headroom so he just replaced them!! Looking forward to aperitifs with the neighbours this evening and a huge garden party on Thursday for Bastille day at a beautiful manor house with even more neighbours, it will be fantastic! Well done on your jog and cycle in that heat…..they’d be scraping me off the road if I tried that!
    PH, your new place sounds absolutely gorgeous, in a terrific location and ideal for the two of you and visiting little ones! I hope you’re feeling better soon. You’ve done so much lately, it’s not surprising you’re a little crook at the moment. What a brilliant loss to date and I’m sure you’ll be back losing very soon when things quiten down for you. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•
    CG, how exciting to be nearly finished with that corset and doctors for the foreseeable future! It’s been a real roller coaster of a year for you but you have achieved so much. I hope the painting goes well, it’s lovely to see everywhere looking fresh and new. I agree that a little snow is very pretty but I hate the frost and dangerous road conditions that often accompany it. Stay safe and snug and use up some of the freezer contents while you’re hibernating!
    OH went for his first dip in the sea today and of course Molly had to join in! I’m too much of a cold creature to venture in yet but if things warm up, I might chance it! I’m attempting a fd today despite the invitation from the neighbours this evening….hopefully it will help to contain the damage a little!
    Best of luck to all, fasting, feasting and all areas in between! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž

PH, I’m in the North of Belgium (20 minutes from The Netherlands)

Fit, I’d love to meet up! Also, I’ve never visited Ireland but I would love to. This could be an excuse to finally come visit… I’ve been meaning to start travelling by myself anyway.

But you’re always welcome to join. Maybe when I move out of my the place I live now, I could take guests to come stay as well.

Had a bit of a cheat FD, did a can of tuna and a bunch of fruit so it wouldn’t go bad (1nectarine, 1/2apple, 1/4 galia melon, 1 tomato) which I am sure is a bit too much with he latte and Wasa cracker I had today as well. But I’m going to the 24hr Gym in a bit so I guess it’s fine…

The weather this weekend has been wonderul, and it’s still lovely. I’m chuffed really.

I’m going to go look for that pizza crust recipe soon…

FC. Belgium , how did I get it so wrong. I thought you were from Canada!! You must think I’m mad rambling on about my Canadian family. Have to,blame old age I guess. And close to the Netherlands! We really do reach right around the world. Beautiful part of the world. It has been at least 30 years since I visited that area on a Trafalgar Tour, my first trip OS and was wide eyed with amazement. It was when a war was happening somewhere in the area and they had a lot of people pull out because we could not get to Greece so my girlfriend and I got upgraded to First Class. Stayed in lots of palaces etc. so,lucky….still very much in my memory bank. Must look through the photos again. Cheat FD,s are good sometimes, breaks up the regular routine a bit.

Fit. Sounds like you are having a blast over in France. Your neighbours sound like very friendly folk. Bastille Day celebrations, that should be fun. You deserve every bit of fun you can get dear girl. Fancy attempting a FD with all those invitations but you are a cagey one and it will limit the damage somewhat. And Murray is going gangbusters. Really on Fire. Must be your cheering.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

CG. Hope you are weathering the cold and are as snug as a bug in a rug in with the boys ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

About the same in my world today, with the exception of outside the house. The troops have arrived, Son, Daughter and Grandson And they are attacking the gardens with a vengeance. Weeding, trimming, laying weed mat and covering it with wood chip just delivered 5 metres of it. Won’t know the place soon. I am so blessed. Little Joel is such a busy bee chipping in with the weeding, and planning what to do next. He is a real little organiser. My heart is so full. Bye for now๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

How could I forget you Jade๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Good idea about waiting to see what youngest D finally does. Everything has its time and your time will come when you are,least expecting it. Getting the right place is the most important thing. One of the best things about our move is that we will be closer to our D ..only 5 minutes away and so she won’t have to spend so much time travelling when she comes to see us..win..win. Have a great day๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi team, boy! What a wild night with the wind, and the gusts we are getting now are just so dangerous.I have fed Danny and Lexie, so know they will have fully bellies and heaps of extra hay in their sheds if the snow comes๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m not really cold, the wind doesn’t seem to be arctic winds….yet! But the day is early. Doggie, you will be getting it too, so my thoughts are with you๐Ÿ˜‰
    Fit what a fantastic time you will be havingโ˜บ๏ธ I’d be forgetting about fasting until you reach the shores of home. Life is far too short to be restrictive with so much on offer with all the festivities. It’s out of character so it doesn’t happen often, so enjoy Cuddles๐Ÿ’—โค๏ธ๐ŸทXxxxx
    And PH, your life is so very full, you don’t seem to have stopped since your camping trip ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Rest up dear friend when you can, as much as you enjoy it all, we do take longer to recover, and now with the buying and selling ahead, you will need a clear brain to think…..alone๐Ÿ˜Š Cuddles and how very lucky you are, family everywhere and helping.
    Jade your hubby looks very dapper in the new hatโ˜บ๏ธ
    FC your meal sounds quite yum and very 5:2, so don’t worry about it, it’s all very healthyโ˜บ๏ธ
    Well my painter is here, wonderful guy, I keep interupting him getting other things done. He just took the filters out of my air con’/heater ‘ (reverse cycle)for me to clean, I can’t reach anymore and they are both going in this weather. Big house, lots of running costs! Although I have found these cheaper to run than most. I tend to use just the family room one mainly, but the bigger one, up in my front room, almost warms the whole house. He has his Dad with him, he does the driving, (remember he lost his liscence drink driving after his Son was killed) so I have him putting an extra sheet of lazer light inside my green house, as the wind is blowing through the shade cloth knocking my orchids to the ground, and I have so many already in flower.
    Okay, back into it, hate to look lazy! Enjoy the day/evening team, stay safe…..cuddles ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜‰xx

CG. Seems like it is all happening at your house too. Such a good feeling getting everything looking good. Hope your orchids survive..I just love them but can’t grow them ..every one of them I get given I kill. How lucky of your handyman to have his own driver…ain’t parents wonderful..and ain’t kids also wonderful. Very cold here today also. Nothing like where you are though. Picturing Danny and Lexie in their nice warm sheds. Will have to put the heater on. Hugs ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Morning All I’m back posting – regularly now I hope. It has taken me quite a while to get enthusiastic about doing so. Not having the time in our 9 weeks away does take away the spark a bit….but here I am. And not even going to TRY initially to respond to everyone’s posts – THAT WOULD BE MADNESS!
    So I have come back with an extra 4 – 5 kilos the scales tell me. So time to get back to business! But I’m having trouble getting back on that horse too. I’ve been very jetlagged for the first time ever & my asthma is playing up after a cold I got & won’t get better. Also put my neck in a spot of bother carrying some shopping bags & going to the physio for some comfort. So it’s not surprising I’m struggling to get back to things. CG I’ve had so much trouble with my neck now that I’m ditching pilates (the neck is just too easily irritated) & going to start water aerobics & possibly tai chi. Much gentler on my bones.
    It’s amazing how much tighter my clothes are with that gain & some I just refuse to wear that I was enjoying before. So definitely need to jump back on that horse but maybe just need a few things to settle first! The knee is almost better by the way.
    Hi to PH CG FC (welcome back!) Fit & Jade. Try to post replies next time. suejen XXXX

Hi sj, don’t pressure yourself into anything, eeeeease your way! 5:2 in gentle doses as with exercise. The chiro….or preferably the osteopath, get sorted before you tackle anything. I’m glad the knee is getting better and hope the cold doesn’t affect it. Cuddles and welcome back ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜‰
    PH I had a farmer say to me once, my cows are so spoilt, he’s surprised I don’t have carpet in their sheds! But a heater, might be pushing it…๐Ÿ˜‚ As with kids and parents, no matter even if there is discord, we always stand by each other don’t we….blood being thicker than water ๐Ÿ’—โ˜บ๏ธ

Wow, what a positive thread I am reading today!

All sorts of positive things happening for people. New homes,holidays and new bodies or bits of bodies and improved health !

I am now in Taiwan. Thank you all for the good wishes. You are right that the typhoon came to China but south of us and considerably weaker. Long gone from Taiwan and the little I have seen so far looks great. We only arrived last night and I am just waking up although my poor husband left about 90 mins ago to start his long day. We ate traditional taiwanese last night, taken to one of the few restaurants apparently that don’t serve fusion foods. Our host refrained from ordering the stewed pig intestines etc and just gave us the stuff we could cope with! Another very nice hotel with just a normal nice room this time! The sky looks blue and it seems that all staff and many guests are perfectly bilingual and I saw many westerners at breakfast. I raced in before it closed because I was desperate for coffee. I couldn’t get any drinkable coffee in China and am hoping it might stop my migraines.

Re China, of course the tea was good but for a 5 star international hotel it was very hard work and more like Fawlty Towers in a beautiful setting. Day 1, migraine, so slept. Day 2 enjoyed a back massage and chill in the hotel and day 3 was taken on a tour of Tianjin. Good but “shopping street” was so touristy and the weather so hot that it was a bit much. I felt very happy to stay inside a lot because the pollution is a shocker, crossing the road a game of russian roulette and strangely, squat toilets just don’t do it for me. And as many chinese women don’t even close the door, I know exactly how to use them! Also, getting down there is all very well, but then you have to get back up! Nothing to hang on to and a handbag on your shoulder! I guess if you do it all the time you can do it even when you are 80. Great experience though.
    The evenings were good though as we were with others and there was plenty of socialising and fun. Although the people we were with are from all over the world as it was a smallish conference, even I know many people quite well and we all were sharing the same bizarre experiences. A highlight was at a dinner on the first night when the wine was poured in glasses ready for you to take as you went in. Literally a centimetre full. Or hot beer to which you may add your own ice. A particularly outspoken colleague soon set them straight, mainly through action, not language! The next night my husband and I joined friends in a bar and asked for a bottle of wine and two glasses. As I correctly predicted, out came the bottle plus two full glasses of wine. The chinese do not drink a lot and at another dinner, a chinese lady asked of Chris and I, “Do you drink a lot?” You had to be there to realise how that sounded. I responded, that compared to the chinese yes, but not particularly by australian standards.

So, another migraine while flying and again last night, so a quiet day today and plenty of activities planned after that and some students have been given the job of showing us around etc so I am looking forward to that. Only 32 here yesterday. Our tour in China was at least 36 so not so good for walking around in crowds!

Here in Taiwan it is only my husband and I and a friend/colleague from Brisbane this time as they have been invited to do some work here. So thank goodness, this is a much more relaxed place although the socialising will be much more formal, people are very nice!

Cheers to all.

Hi Up, what a lovely post, thank you for sharing your experiencesโ˜บ๏ธ Strange foods too. I guess some of our foods would be strange to them. What a shame about the migrains effecting you so badly, they sound like a cluster. Do you know their trigger, air con? Foods? Obviously if you did, you’d stay clear. I’ve never had a defined trigger,and like you, find rest the best thing to do. It’s good to hear you were safe from the typhoon, still frightening. Enjoy what’s left of your trip as best you can, heaps of water too. Cuddles ๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

Thanks, CG. Yes it is a cluster and no, I wish I knew for sure but I am sure tiredness/ stress is one and I think, so many time zones and jet lag is probably the main cause. Throw in the things that have gone wrong and I guess it is it. I have upped my anxiety medication and am doing OK in that department, just hoping I have enough Imigran to get me through, but I can see on the web that it is available in Taiwan if I need to get more but that would be a drag!

Hi Up, they are what I use, as soon as my vision alters and they can often stop any pain coming, but leave me very heavy headed. An old doctor I worked with once said to take two disolvable asprin immmediately they come on, and I found that helps too. My sympathies to you dear friend, they are sh..’s of things….cuddles xxxx

Thanks, yes, 3 aspirin is what I usually do and if that doesn’t work I bring out the other stuff. Often it is enough but it hasn’t been the last little while. I had to take one yesterday morning at the airport and then another before I went to bed. So far so good today but I have expectations…
    Thanks.xx

Mmmmmm, it does sound like pressure, anxiety, expectations, busy etc………rest is all you can do, cold facewasher on the brow, and a sleep if possible. All the best Up, I feel for you and they are never convenient. I got one as I was being wheeled into surgery! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’—xxxxxxx

OMG! I guess you felt no pain!

Yeah, it was all gone by the time I woke up 3hrs later…….full of drugs too๐Ÿ˜Šxxxx

Wow this joint is really hopping today!๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡Hiw nice to hear from everyone. Up sympathy to you re the migraines but still your stories had me chuckling- especially the squatting! And pig intestines๐Ÿ˜? Traveling the world can be a revelation – glad you can relax a bit in Taiwan with the slower pace.
    Hey SJ boy do I know what you mean, it’s hard to even get the saddle back on the horse sometimes, much less get on it myself. Baby steps work for me. Instead of a FD just try to skip breakfast then try lunch too, have a normal dinner. Ha just typing “normal dinner” made me realize I don’t have very many of those ๐Ÿ˜œ
    CG you gave me a chuckle too, talking about being lazy. You’ve done more before I get up than many do all day! Love that you are so devoted to your furry family. Stay warm dear friend xx
    Well of course Flemmy is in Belgium, how could I not know that. Your FD sounds just fine AND you went to the gym, well done!๐Ÿ†
    PH no worries it’s hard to shoot out to all now the crew is getting back in force๐Ÿ˜ Love hearing all the news about your move, I should copy and save as a primer for when we do the same. Doubt I’ll have all the help from family but they would like us to be closer. Trouble for us is we have family in east coast, west coast, and southeast coast and love them all.
    Oh hallelujah our power just came back on. Another bad storm and it went out doing the night. It’s still beastly hot here so everyone woke up when the a/c went off. I’m on my phone so pardon the typos – just enjoyed catching up with everyone. Oh, I did manage the FD yesterday until OH insisted I share his chocolate-dipped macaroon is picked up as a birthday treat. For him! Ha, he’s caught the fitness bug now, perhaps I’ll save enough in grocery $$ to finance WTF Palm Cove. Hugsโค๏ธโค๏ธxx

Eek *shout not shoot.

Hi all!
    Just loving the buzz here with all the news from every corner of the globe!
    UP, so sorry to hear about those blasted migraines but you know best how to handle them. I hope they pass soon. Please post a YouTube link on how to use those squat toilets! They have them at some of the motorway service stations here and I’ve already had to cross my legs on this trip, because no way was I going to try and use one….. I just know I would have ended up head down in one! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ซ Best of luck with the rest of your trip, everything sounds exotic and exciting….enjoy it all!
    PH, you must be the ultimate organiser, I’ve never heard of anyone getting a house move underway so fast and so efficiently! What a great family you have around you and it will indeed be brilliant to be closer to your daughter. Happy days! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘
    SJ, how good to have you back at last! It’s strange trying to adapt to this wol again but as CG says, don’t put yourself under pressure…..little by little is the way to go, especially since you have various aches and pains to sort out first. It sounds like you had a really wonderful time on your travels and with your family too, so it was all worth it ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜
    Jade, I hope the bad weather and power cuts are finished with now. My OH wants to know was it a ten gallon Stetson or as we say 45 litres? !! I’ll definitely have to get onto FB, I’m missing everyone’s fun photos!
    Flemmy, you must come and join us in Ireland! It would be absolutely brilliant and we could keep the rest of the gang entertained until the big gathering in Australia in 2017!
    CG, you sure are getting wild weather over there at the moment so it’s good to have a couple of men about the place in case anything goes seriously wrong, like a roof blowing off! Best of luck with the rest of the painting etc., it will be so satisfying to see it all done.
    My fd went a bit astray yesterday but as Jade says even a semi fast is better than nothing, so hopefully I won’t get too big a shock when I get home. The weather is quite pleasant here, but can be showery too….let’s hope it stays fine for Thursday or the garden party will be a bit of a washout.
    Take care all! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’•

Bonjour, Fit! Lol, mind the stairs…and please don’t end up headfirst in any toilets๐Ÿ˜ฑ I love that Up was able to get a tutorial on how to use them, as no one shuts the door ๐Ÿ˜‚. They’d probably look askance at her videoing the lesson though. Hope the weather holds out for your party๐ŸŒฆโ›…๏ธ๐ŸŒคโ˜€๏ธsounds like such a fun neighborhood๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿทโ™ฅ๏ธ I’m flogging the poor horse๐Ÿ‡today, not sure I’ll make it till dinner but that was my plan. Good thing I have plans b, c, d, and e waiting in the wings๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆโ˜บ๏ธ – how fun would it be to have Flemmy get to Ireland too. How fun will it be if *I* actually make it this time๐Ÿค—but – God willing and the creek don’t rise, as they say – I’m sure hoping! Feel as though I own my own AerLingus jets with the penalties so far๐Ÿ’ฐnot to mention the thought of being on hold with Irish oompa loompa music is enough to get me on board without further ado. ๐Ÿ’šxxx

Oh and Fit, I emailed you the photo – ha ha it’s not a 10-gallon/45 liter! Maybe one gallon. He tried on a few like that and I kept thinking “Hoss Cartwright…not the look we’re going for”๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ’•xx

Hi all, thread is jumping. UP so good to hear about your experiences. Had to laugh at the toilet..thank god I did my travelling when I was young, would not be able to get down and up these days..I wonder what the older people do?? Never did see any disabled ones?? The girlfriend I went with and I laughed ourselves silly the first time we tried to use one. Where are you in Tiawan? I’m sure the students will be great as tour guides.. Hang in there with those pesky migraines and enjoy! enjoy! enjoy!..

SJ welcome back. I have not really got back into the swing of things since my trip to Tasmania and then the reunion due to everything that is going on. So as CG says slowly does it. I’m also guessing I will not get back on track for some time yet. Have tried a few times and failed miserably. not worried though as we know we can when we really need to. One step at a time is the way to go. After all…it is not a race..we are too old to be worried about false starts..we know when the time is right we will get back up on that horse…you must be missing those little cherubs , such cuties…

Jade. Know what you mean about family being spread out. This is novel for me having them around for such a long time. Up until now I have had one in Taamania, one in Canada and one on the west coast. So loving it that D came back to the east coast to be there for us now we are getting older. But sons will continue to be quite a distance. I think no 1 son is glad to be able to help while he is here. When he leaves it will be at least 2 maybe 3 years till we see them again. My little grandson is such a replica of his father, wanting to help in any way possible. He had his own wheelbarrow and spade yesterday spreading the wood chip over the gardens with son and D. I must admit I thought he would be spoiled being an only child and being raised under the “attachment Parenting” regime. But to my delight he is a vary well mannered and self confident little man. Still has his moments of course but what little boy doesn’t .
    Yesterday saw the wood chip delivered, weeding done and then the weed mat put down and wood chip spread, transformation from messy garden to very tidy in just one day. Could not believe it. Would have taken OH and I at least a month. Oh to be young again!! Will post pics when I feel better.

Fit agree with CG. Enjoy France and fix the damage later!! It sounds such fun.

Thinking of you Gyps!!๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Bye for now๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Morning/evening team. I was woken minutes before my alarm by a huge clap of thunder this morning, making it difficult to get up, perfect snuggle in weather to listen to the wild weather happening outside๐Ÿ˜ฑ It’s a few years since we have had a winter like this,, climate change or reverting back to what it used to be? I’m even wearing singlets, and had to look hard to find them! Definately a winter track suit and skivvi day here and with feeding the cows yesterday with extra in their sheds, hope I don’t have to venture out in itโ˜บ๏ธ
    Jade summer/winter storms, we are both copping it! Damage all over the state here, trees down everywhere. Sad, they have been growing for absolute years, and blown down in one foul swoop…..gust of wind!
    I fasted yesterday,unexpectedly, having a cup-a-soup for lunch and an omelette for dinner. I did have a few dry bikkies with my soup…..and a couple of whiskies and zero……medicinal of course to stay warm๐Ÿ˜ I would have gone without had Inintentionally been fasting, but it wasn’t until I got into bed did I realise how well I did๐Ÿ˜Š
    Thank you team for getting the activitiy back on our thread. FB seems to be our “sister” contact, but mostly repeating what we say or see here. We do need each other, the support, be it 5:2 or life in generalโ˜บ๏ธ
    Shower time, whilst I still have power, and before the guys arrive. I do have under ground power, but it’s further along the grid that has problems with trees, so still iffy at times. I’m heating the house up too, so very cosy. Huge hale storm now, so it will be interesting to see if the predicted snow arrives. Stay positive team, nothing is ever as bad as we think…..cuddles ๐Ÿ’•xxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 13,951 through 14,000 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.