Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 14,786 total)

• No Reldz, It does not seem like a small thing at all.
    Believe me, i am the same when it comes to chocolate. You have lots of self control as you did not eat it.
    I have given clear instructions to OH that no chocolate should be sighted on my fast days as I just cant resist and then follows a big bag of guilt.

So, most of us know what you felt like. And that is why we are here, to support each other and to remind each other that muffins and chocolates can wait until tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‰

Welcome to our new team members… you have received some good advice already from the team. Enjoy your new way of life on 5:2.

Bali- BIG BIG BIG congratulations….. you will be at your goal in no time !

UP- Thank you so much for you wishes for my family.

FB-I am so so so proud of you,you still made it to 75kgs, the 500g will go in no time with your determination. Wear the Armani with confidence, pride and success.

Marelda- Did you enjoy that muffin babe? You showed enormous will power and deserve the enjoyment of it.

Hugs to all……..GO GAL

Good morning all, only just..
    While fasting yesterday, at work, I had a thought…Tomorrow I can have that extra piece of fruit or that big dollop of yoghurt, and suddenly realised….tomorrow is my favourite day of the week! lol! That’s what keeps me going sometimes…knowing that “tomorrow” I can have it.

Haha Lindanaf, that’s exactly now I feel about it. I always sit around thinking of all the good I’ll eat tomorrow. And then tomorrow rolls around and I don’t crave half the stuff I was dreaming about the day before.

Good evening all
    Asking here for some tips.
    Looks like I have hit a dreaded plateau. 2 weeks now and I am stuck at 75.5 kgs (100 grams up or down)
    Any tips before I start to get frustated with this?
    Just FYI that I am not frustated yet but definitely dont want this to continue for couple of days more ๐Ÿ™

FB, what helped me was recalculating my TDEE for my new weight and log everything for a while. Although I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that for everyone because a lot of you are on 5:2 specifically for not having to count calories every day. I wouldn’t want to take away that pleasure. Have you looked through the forums. There are a lot of topics on it. Michael himself started one somewhere and simcoeluv has a lot of good topics about pp plateaus and weight lรถss in general.

The most important thing is not despairing just het. Stress is no good for weight lรถss and it feeds anxiety/emotional eating. I’ve Def been there. I let it get to me but it shouldn’t. It’s hard. Tbh, apart from waiting it out and not lozing focus, I have no idea now to get over a plateau. I guess it sorts itself out eventually.

Sorry about all the typos.

Fat buster

You know what to do just follow the plan.

I was like that week 5 and 6 but cms drop off, I felt thinner. I also looked back over my numbers and was further inspired. Week 7, 1.2kgs so it was working just showed up later.

From what I have read smaller amounts will drop off when you get closer. Oh to be close,

time is all it takes

Morning team…..
    FB- Bali is spot on with her advice. We have all plateaued over the past weeks. You have also suffered with the dreaded blot for the past 14 days. this has a significant impact on weight loss.What you don’t see on the outside ie the scales moving ,is happening on the inside at a different level …. cellular. It will be fine. Keep to the concept of 5:2. You can do this…. be positive!.

Have a great day team…. Fast day around the corner……GO GAL xx

Hi, this is week 2 for me. My aim is to lose about 10-15 kgs slowly. I’ve never been a dieter and I don’t own a set of scales. My mum was always making me stand on the scales as a teenager and I have negative feelings about them. I’ve been a dressmaker all my life and prefer to take body measurements.
    That said, I’ve not noticed any movement in the body measurements yet.
    I’m struggling with the hunger pangs on the fast days. I have a friend who has lost over ten kilos on the 5-2 fast and she doesn’t seem to feel very hungry on fast days. In my first week I was very hungry on the fast day and just as ravenous the day after.
    Neither have I experienced the increased energy that some people talk about which I’m glad about because I have lots of energy already. I wouldn’t want to be any more energised or I would never fall asleep.
    My hope is that I will be more comfortable on fast days so I can concentrate on my work on those days, and that I begin to see the waist measurement reducing. : (

Good morning team. I’m not moving either, or the scales that is. We all know this is normal, I wonder if I’m eating too much sameness! I don’t seem to be over eating on feast days either, all making my cals pretty low for the week and my fast days not count as much, as in high cals then two low cal days. They say the sleeplessness is part of the cells repairing on fast days, I just wish mine would repair during the day and get a wriggle on, I’m getting very little sleep MOST nights! All in all, just keep going, our AUSSIE DETERMINATION and 5:2 is definately working, the main thing is we are NOT putting any weight on, just stableising.Knitomat, it will be working for sure, if you are following the 5:2 way of eating, it can’t not work. I understand your loathing of scales, they are friend or fo, but maybe give it 3-4 weeks then weigh yourself, you will be surprised. Have a great day team, I’m off to a BBQ for a Xmas lunch, couple of wines, really upping my cals, so tomorrows fast will make a difference I hope, take care, and be good to yourself. GG I hope your enjoying your holidays….CG xx

Hi Everyone,
    I have just been reading through all the recent posts and everyone is very gracious and caring. It seems like a really good support network which I will probably need in the weeks and months ahead of me.
    I am 45 and about 20kg to loose…again :-(. I have always been a yoyo. Still looking for that one thing that is going to be sustainable. I had my first fast day yesterday. It was uncomfortable, but I got through it. Lots of biscuits, chocolates and lollies in my office and being the “silly season” also at home. I just have to be able to look at the big picture rather than going for that quick feel good fix. I know when my head is in the right place that I will be successful.
    Tomorrow will be my next fast day and I look forward to the weigh in on Friday.
    Have an awesome day… ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Catherine, it is very hard this time of year to be mindful in what you eat with so many treats around. I opened a nox of chocolates last night, as I bought so many for the “just in cases” where normally they wouldn’t even be in the house. But as I keep saying our 5:2 is just so very very forgiving. Life goes on, it’s not a diet as such, just two days a week and WE CAN DO IT, with treats in the office, just pack a few celery sticks and carrot sticks to nibble, I know it’s not the same as the “junk food” but hay, just watch others indulge and think how much better off you are! The New Year will be here soon and we can all get back on our bike with daily living and living with 5:2…… Take care and good luck, your AUSSIE DETERMINATION will kick in when the hard times arrive……CG xx. P.s. I need to drop another 15k’s so we are all in this for the slow long run, it went on slowly, the way it will come off……

Hi All,
    I have been reading through the posts and it is great to see the support that is available. I have started my very first fast day today, it seems to be going sooooo slowly, however I am determined to persevere! I have not weighed in yet, is it best to weigh in on a non fast day, or doesn’t it matter?

Hi their mjay, and welcome to Determined Aussies. When I first started here I went to the tracker (top right of the page) and entered my weight and measures. So Mon and Thurs are my normal fast days, and weigh in on Friday. I used to measure every week, but it got so tedious! I just measure once a month. It’s good to read back and see your own progress on the tracker. It’s great watching the numbers go down! The first week is usually a big loss, then it evens out to a more steady weekly loss. Sometimes stay the same, or go up a little, but month after month, it does go down.
    Keep busy for distraction, and drink lots of water or herbal tea, or soup if it’s cold. 5:2 is awesome, it really works! Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to each and everyone of our new members to AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!!!
    MJAY. we have a weigh in on Fridays, usually a morning post were we post our progress, its a way to discuss with everyone the positives and negitives of our fast and feast days. Lindanaf has already pointed you the right direction.

What also works with 5:2 is that you make IT work for your life style. You will surprise yourself just how easy and doable this WOL is. Most of us have had fabulous losses over the past 3mths, losses can be fast or slow or plateau, The thing to do is take it slowly find what works for you.
    YOU WILL NEVER BE ALONE IN YOU JOURNEY OF 5:2.

We will all support and encourage you along the way. We are still learning ourselves.
    All the best…….GO GAL

Thank you go gal and Lindanaf, I will heed your sound advice and follow suit!

Mjay, at the top of the page is HOW you can work out your TDEE and start tracking, as the weeks roll on it becomes very exciting. Most of us fast Mondays and Thursday and weighin Friday mornings. If you find today going slowly it’s because your obsessing about it. You can still have a lunch and dinner but divide you 500 cals between the meals. Eating protein or a hard boiled egg with some salad keeps you fuller for longer. The water also helps with hunger pangs, or tea. You. Usually find it is thirst not hunger. Carrot and celery sticks with a bit of cottage cheese also helps if you are feeling deprived, but it will all become second nature before you know it and like most of us, will look forward to the cleansing of you fast day. If you start to feel cold have a hot drink, but that passes with time. YOU CAN DO IT, we all survived and so will you…..good luck…CG xxx

Hello My name is Gabby new to the 5:2 and this forum. Just purchased the books after watching Michaels Doco on SBS in November. I would like to loose a few KG’s but am interested in the health benefits long term also. Does anyone here exercise on their ‘fast’ days? i.e. a gym session or exercise class or run? trying to plan my fast days and have enjoyed reading everyone experiences its so helpful to share! Thank you. G

Hi and welcome to all newcomers. Gabby I try to exercise on my fast days. On those days I am less likely to be burning just the glucose in my bloodstream and (hopefully) more likely to be burning fat. I do a fast 4km late afternoon walk. The runkeeper app logs it as burning about 300 calories. The important thing (it is in the book) is don’t then eat an extra 300 calories to compensate. So I eat 300 calories as breakfast, walk off 300 calories in the afternoon then eat 300 calories for dinner.

Hi GABBYJ, welcome to AUSSIE DETERMINATION!I do pilates 3 times a week with 45min walk incorperating a 10min run/slow jog.I do this whether fast or feasting. Do not find this a problem. Its a very good marriage 5:2 and exercise.
    Some of our team have had very positive benefits from 5:2 in that they are no longer taking medication for hypertension or cholesterol and Type 2 diabetes. I stress DO NOT GO OFF ANY MEDICATION WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL FIRST.

Most of the team fast on MON & THURSDAY. Friday is weigh in day ,we post our weight .
    Planning your fast day is an essential part of 5:2. As long as you have 500 cals on the fast day, Plenty of fluids, black tea. coffee and water, soups . Having protein in the form of an egg with salad, carrot & celery will put those hunger pangs to rest. Keep busy and be focused. the fast is 36hrs in total. At the top of the forum page is Q&A’s for newbies.

We at AUSSIE DETERMINATION will be there to help guide you through this WOL… don’t obsess… you will not be alone.Most of us have been on 5/2 for 3mths and are a testament that it does work. You will be fine. YOU CAN DO IT……GO GAL

Another 500 day done, I don’t even call it a fast anymore cos it gets easier as you go along and into a routine.
    I have my favourite 500 recipes sorted out too. So today 100 cal lunch of spinach, tomatoes, beetroot and my baby boccocini
    Dinner 146g kangaroo, 100g roasted pumpkin no oil, 2 cloves of roasted garlic (i am home alone tonight so thats safe), 100 g cauli, 75g broccoli steamed with philly lite cheese sauce (2 tbs and a touch of water, nuke for 30secs)
    A bit of lo-cal jelly
    That doesnt sound like a fast to me.
    After the events of this week, how much I weigh seems like nothing in the scheme of things, but I will keep on the 5:2 way and be thankful for all the wonderful things in the world.
    Take care everyone and stay determined!

HI everyone,
    Silly Question but I see WOL mentioned a few times. What does that stand for???

Way Of Life..
    Not a silly question, you may see WOE too, that’s Way of Eating
    Welcome to the forum Catherine

Hi Catherine WOL or WOE is Way of life or Way of eating. Robbie just reading your post, how far you have come from when you first joined us, good on you…CG cxx

Thanks…. :-)I am looking forward to my 2nd fast day tomorrow.

Hi all.
    Someone just brought in a 750kcal piece of Cream Pie with caramelised nuts. I’ve had the strength to freeze half for Friday. That’s the first time I’ve been able to do that. I’m not sure the whipped cream will hold till then in the freezer, though. But it’s worth a try, I’m not eating 750kcal of dessert anymore lol.

Welcome to all the newbies. Wow, do we have an influx of new blood this week, or what? I’m loving it. Hope you all feel as welcome as I did.

Good morning Team,

Weighed in this morning at 88.1 kg so no damage from the 2 weeks “sabbatical” (was 88 kgs then). Next 2 weeks I’ll fast only Monday to maintain things during the festive season.

Must run – off to catch a train. Good luck to all who are fasting today.

Flemishcurves.

I had a 485 calorie double chocolate muffin sit on my bench for two days. I ended up throwing it in outside bin. I am not eating one item that equals a whole days eating or a meal on normal days.

Fast day today.

Last one before holidays I will not give in.

I will not eat holiday treats at work. I can do it it’s only one day.

I still plan to fast even on holidays at the beach in caravan with family. Bathers is my inspiration

Have a great day

Bali

Bali, that’s some serious discipline you have there. Hope you are proud of yourself because that’s a tough thing to do. Aussie determination took over, I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning team, and HAPPY FAST DAY, it will be tomorrow befor you know it, it’s like wishing your life away, but don’t, our fast day is so much a part of us now and we breeze them through. Andrew lovely to hear from you and your good news, thats fantastic. To all our newbies, try not to obsess today on food, YOU CAN DO THIS, salads, soup or stirfrys are all great meals, low cal, for today. Weigh in tomorrow and remember, if the scales don’t smile for you, check your measurements, they are usually shrinking. Have a great day team, let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION lead the way for you…..Foxy where are you???……CG xx

Hi all, it’s great to see everyone so full of AUSSIE DETERMINATION, so inspiring. It’s been 2 1/2 weeks now and I’m still hungry every fast day (doing alternate day fasting). I bought a fruit sorbet maker from KMart only about $35-$40 and am making frozen fruit into “ice cream” (80g banana = 72 cal + 50g blueberries = 26 cal total 98 cal) and am having this on the occasional fast day if I have any cals left at the end of the day. With weak iced fruit infusions (Lipton and Twinings) all day and “ice cream” at the end of the day I’m finding it helps with the feeling I’m deprived. Then I just have to remember that tomorrow I can have a small serve of what ever it is I’m craving, that’s not too much to ask. So doable this WOL now, not all like other diets where you deprive yourself for so long you would just pig-out when it got too much. Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. Have a great day.

Good Morning AD

And wow so many newbies!!! A big welcome to all newbies.

Andrew, so proud of you. You are doing so well. Two weeks off fasting and no damage done is exactly what I would want too…. Happy fasting again!!!

Well, first time since I started, I missed a fast day yesterday. I had to eat as my blood pressure was really low due to meds and eating helped me not to feel too dizzy. However, I stopped eating at 3 PM yesterday (Wednesday) and plan to fast until 3 PM today. After that, Its party time, so I wanted to give my system a bit of break before I start to party…LOL

Good luck everyone with fasting today and weigh ins tomorrow.
    This really is a good and sustainable WOL and we all CAN DO IT!!!

Morning all. I am fasting today but have now had 2 days in a row where I have eaten some flour based food. Even though I haven’t overeaten I am bloated and almost a kilo heavier, temporarily, I hope. I have finally proven to myself that whether it be gluten or fructans, something in there doesn’t suit my body.
    Will today be enough time for my body to get rid of the extra fluid or whatever it is for the weigh in tomorrow? If I don’t get a positive result tomorrow it will be the first time since I started at the beginning of November. I really want to keep up the momentum and lose a bit more before the family xmas reunion!
    I would wish other fasters good luck today but you don’t need it! You will still be eating, you will still be your busy pre xmas self, you may face temptation at work etc admittedly at this time of year BUT just do it! Tomorrow is another day!

Uptight, many things can cause that bloating, time of month, not enough fluids or just needing time in the loo! Keep up with a lot of fluids today, it will soon ” pass” good luck …CG xx

Uptightoutasight, do not worry about the bloat. This will pass for sure. I really hope that you lose some weight at tomorrow’s weigh in, but if you don’t, i have noticed that next week brings a bigger loss. This may be true for you or maybe not, however will help you to remain positive.
    As long as overall trend is downwards do not worry. I know its easier said than done , but I am in the same boat. stalled at same weight for nearly two weeks now. I am trying to remain positive that it will pass by too!!!

Wishing you all the best and really hope that you get rid of this bloat soon. drink plenty of water and herbal teas, really helps with the bloat. Good luck again!!!

Thanks, ladies! Hope you guys get good results this week too!

Hello everyone…..CG I am here, thanks for thinking of me! Like everyone, I found the events in Sydney to be heartbreaking and just had to keep myself busy, but I should have checked in here with you guys as we all need as much support as we can get….this is the busiest time of hear for us with our gardening business so have been flat out too…I love Aussie Determination…..welcome to all our new friends, you will love it too and get heaps of support

I’ve done nothing right food and drink wise this week APART from my fast days….fasting again today and finding it relatively easy…..still got that 500 grams on from last weekend away, am surprised it’s not more! I have been walking everyday though, so I think that helps…

I’m still going to aim for a fast on Monday & Wednesday next week(no Xmas eve plans as yet)….what is everyone else doing?

Hello… good afternoon..!! Today is my first fast day..!! Was hungry in the morning.. but it is getting easier as the day progresses…!!! Good luck to all of us..!!

How silly of me.. didnt introduce myself properly..! Hi all,, loved the posts onthe Aussie determintaiona dn decided to join in..!! I might need lot of support of you all to get this have right..!! To start with could anyone please provide any advise on eating around 3-30-4:00 ish…!! I have noticed I get super hungry at this time ( fasting or non fasting) and then I end up snacking..(a lot…) ..!!Does anyone else have this issue?? How do you deal with it??

Hi Pree and welcome. You need something which will occupy time. I sometimes cut up an apple into thin slivers. It takes time to cut it up and then to eat it one slice at a time 110g (1 cup of slices) is 54 cals. Or a large glass of Lipton tea infusions watered down is negligible cals according to the label.

Hi Pree and welcome!

I struggle with this time of day too. Because I don’t want to eat at that time (I just get hungrier) I usually have a cup of green tea and try and distract myself….hop on here and read posts, take dog for a walk or get out in garden….I tell myself…..only two hours until you can eat….I have a large salad for dinner and knowing this I can get through…
    Good luck and keep up the good work ๐Ÿ™‚

Afternoon all

I am being tested

Fast day.
    PMS
    Just got home from work everyone’s out to 6pm

Open packet of chocolate in fridge cannot have, holiday goodies (junk food that got me this way not goodies)all over the house

I am being tested

Positives resisted chocolates large box at work today
    Ate my chicken leg and cherries blueberries and cherry tomotoes for lunch.
    Chicken stir fry ready to go
    Beach holiday starts Sunday
    Had two vita weet biscuits
    Lost 12.7kg

I can do this

Thanks for reading

Welcome to all the new people to this way of life.
    You have definitely come to the right place.

Fast day today….

Pree in answer to what to do around 3-4pm. .You will find what works best for you.This is about getting to know ourselves again. And its a great journey.

On fast days I have a soup around 12ish..Even after 3 months on 5:2 I find that I have to eat something substantial at 3-4pm. I usually have a boiled egg .This holds me off for quite a few hours when I have stirfry vegetables..what ever is in season but lots of broccoli. I drink green tea and roobios tea and water during the day.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

See you all for weigh in tomorrow….. Vegiemumma

Hi girls, you all seem to having trouble today and yes mid afternoon can be a clincher! I just had a glass of zero coke and surprised how filling ( the gas I guess) and it’s really take the edge off. Probably not as healthy as a cuppa tea but it worked. I haven’t eaten all day, wrapped Chrissy presants, had a hair cut, received some beautiful flowers from GG for my B’day and Xmas, God love her, but kept busy and food hasn’t entered my mind, mind you it’s the first time ever. So plenty of cals left for my stir fry and maybe a whiskey to celebrate my ease of todays fast! Keeping busy is the key, stop obsessing on food and drink hot tea, it does help. Nearlly dinner time and would it matter if you had it early??? Tomorrow isn’t far away now for our weigh in just hang on to your AUSSIE DETERMINATION because YOU CAN DO IT ….CG xx

By the way a cup of Miso instant soup is ver low cal and would carry you through to dinner (35) cals or there abouts….CG

AUSSIE DETERMINATORS why have we all had a pain in the butt day fasting? I tried to hang off for as long as I could . Had the hard boiled egg at 11am ,same at 3pm . Then meet up with my 2 besties for the fizzy pop. Now dinner time . Baked barra with green small leaf spinach & kale salad and yoghurt . lemon & dijon dressing.

WELCOME PREE!!!!!!

FOXY- missed you on the thread, hope you are ok, This week with the tragic events drained many of us. Some family members were in lockdown ,MY sister’s husbands both lawyers knew and had dealings with Katrina.

See you all at the weigh in tomorrow which will be my last for several days as I am going on holidays……..to an island……….GO GALxxxx

GG, If we think back we have all had hard days fasting, or feeling chilly all day, I think it’s just the body getting used to our new way of life. I did’t eat today mainly because I forgot, just too involved wrapping gifts, making sure I didn’t forget anyone and being out in the morning took time, then you and I had a lovely chat on Skype so my day just went very quickly. Your food sounds perfect for a fasting day. I’ve just cut veggies ready for mu stir fry, prawns thawing, so tummy is now rumbling. See you all tomorrow, I’m sue you will all be fine…CG xx

I did it. I did it

Just had my stir fry chicken with chili veg. Oh my delicious.

No chocolate

I will be fine now full from dinner

Thanks for listening

If there’s anyone reading and not doing just start.

Love this way of life

Good luck for Christmas weigh in tomorrow.

Well done Bali, see how well your AUSSIE DETERMINATION works, I too am full from my srir fry, happy days! Good luck all for the weigh in and don’t be dissappointed if the scales don’t say what you want, things are happening that your not aware of, check your measurements too….CG xx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.