Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 14,786 total)

• Thanks for the info Bali, I taped the original and suggest you all do it too, great to refresh yourself every so often….you wonder why we get so many confused when it is so easy…..CG xxxx

CG I don’t understand either

I just follow the program fast two days Monday Thursday 500 to 600 calories for me 1800 on other days.

Log everything into my fitness pal app.

I don’t do 4/3 back to back 16/8. Or any of that.

I still have a long way to go though.

I am having day off calorie counting. Christmas Day and new year eve. So will change fast days around and still do them on my caravan beach holiday over summer. But I don’t eat as much now get full very quickly so I don’t think it will be to big of an issue.

A side note that bloat that I felt yesterday seems to have gone, as I got extra exercise running to the loo every 45 minutes over the day. see what happens on Friday so close to Christmas goal 500 grams to go.

Good Morning AD
    wooo hoooo CG, you DID it. 1.2 kilos lost n kicked forever. Well done!!!
    I wouldn’t worry about last night’s blow out as long as scales were good this morning. Big confratulations.
    I love reading the posts and motivation. Bali, Veggimumma, Reldz everyone. Thanks gor the tips n tricks and bouts of motivation.
    I am very very sore today. Finally, my agony will be over in two more days. I siffer from terroble PMS, and its a same story every month for me.
    Well, my weight this morning was 76 kgs. So half a kilo more than last wednesday. No loss for me this week instead 500 grams gain.
    But, i am ok with it as I mentioned previously, its still not as bad as some other months. I fasted three times this week and yesterday’s fast was 495 cals. I know that I have been eating well on fast days and feed days have been under TDEE as well. So, there is no reason to weight gain except water retention and sore insides.

Well, am off to a birthday party today. Really not in mood as I am struggling woth pain and PMS but I will have to as it isa prior commitment.
    Until then, enjoy your weekend and yes GG, enjoy your shopping!!!!

Bali, I’m the same except for running or any general exercise, although I never sit still, always on the go on a property, even spending hours in my green house is movement. I think too, cutting 14 meals a week as I have done over recent months. No more breakfasts and no more suppers, the occasional chocolate biscuit or two, but only, only when the urge hits, not out of habit now. The appetite has certainly subsided so smaller serves of each meal, a lot of wastage still with over guessing what I’ll eat, and rarely fry anything any more, just dry bake in the oven with a few sprays of oil. With Summer here, plenty of salads so no heavy meals either. The health bonus for me is my back seems so much better, be it the nerve block or just having to carry that extra wright, which is now gone. What a blessing this WOL is, Michael, thank you so much for introducing us all to it.
    FB it’s been many many years for me but still well remember what your going through, hang in there, it’s a miserable time I know, but it passes, take care, CG xxxx

Bali, when you say it is on on Sunday, where are you? In the UK? Or in Oz.

Good morning our happy little team, beautiful morning, going to get quite hot, a taste of things to come, oh well, that’s the Aussie Summer. I like to get all chores done early and back inside with the air con around lunch time, and if I get a bonus of our cricket being on, I’m a happy little vegemite! Good reason and of course a lot easier to keep the fluids up, especially water on fast days. Enjoy your Sunday whatever you have planned, plan for your fast tomorrow, I’ve made a caulie tabouli and an Asia type salad, all strange stuff in it but tastes okay, still hot tomorrow so either a bit of fresh leg ham or a chicken breast with my salads and my day is planned. Too easy! Come to think of it, I’m probably having the same today, but a few icy cold wines undoubtably and a possible Jack and coke tonight, hay, it’s MY Sunday so why not! Tomorrow it will be iced tea. Have a wonderful day, kick back and enjoy life…CG xx

Hello Everyone
    Seems very quiet here today. Looks like everyone is enjoying weekend.
    It was not supposed to be a fast day today. However, i have been busy with chores around the house and grocery shopping almost all day. It’s 5 pm now and i just checked MFP that I have only consumed 200 cals so far including bikies with my morning tea.
    It will be dinner time soon, so I am thinking of soup and veg rice paper rolls, this will take up my 300 cals. So unofficial fast day for me today, which will be followed by my planned fast day tomorrow.
    I think it will be good as next week is work xmas party and really looking forward to eat n drink with friends. Extra fast today will help cover up some of those cals. So should be good 🙂

Hi Team… hope you have all had a great weekend!
    Are we all ready for our fast day tomorrow?
    Tonights dinner is thai beef salad, the beef has been marinating all day.

Another beautiful day on the beach.

Enjoy your evening…….GO GAL

FB that sounds a good plan, I only worry about not getting enough, I guess anorexia worries me too, not that I’ve ever had that problem, but we all realise how easy it is to fast and I guess we can over do it in time thinking it wiil become the normal way of eating, 500 cals a day! Probably a good plan though if you can handle a b2b like GG does with Xmas food and drinks this week. Yes I guess everyone is enjoying their week end it is very quiet, take care…CG xx

Hi Team, back into 5:2 for me – fast days Monday & Wednesday, Melbourne trips Tuesday & Thursday. Weigh-in first thing Thursday morning. A hot day here in rustic Castlemania so a few ciders (local Harcourt cider of course) prior to fast day. My fast days are meat and alcohol free.

Bring it on!

Hi team thanks for the support today….CG xx

Aussies. Watch 5 2 on Sunday night program on right now or iview later if you haven’t seen it

HAVE WATCHED MICHEAL ON 5:2 SUNDAY NIGHT channel 7……..The concept is so easy and not at all confusing. Easy peasy.
    Team we are doing it right…….was there ever a doubt ? we have accomplished such fab losses and our goal to better health……..GO GAL

Hello everyone, checking in for the 1st time….am feeling positive about this journey I’m about to embark on, so I’ll report back next Sunday on my progress.
    My name is Jo-Anne & I live in Hobart. I have been mulling this lifestyle change over for sometime, having read the books, researched online, but only now do I think my head is in the right space to make the change.

Well, I couldn’t find the program on any tv station in Queensland but I have seen it online anyway.
    Fast day tomorrow.

Good morning Aussie determination team

Hope everyone had a great weekend

I am finding I am eating less even on the weekends.

Suspect there will be an influx of newbies in the next few weeks

Everyone have a great fast today as I think most us us do Monday’s

500grams to Christmas goal. I can do it.

Morning AUSSIE DETERMINATORS,!

Today is my official starting date on 5:2. Started on the 15th September,I have reached my goal in 3mths & this morning weight is 74.8kgs, 200g lighter.

Happy fast day team. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Welcome to TASSIE JO!
    Have a great day……….GO GAL

G G. That’s fantastic

Great inspiration

I pull 500 grams this week I hit my Christmas goal going to be really strict.

Still have long way to go

So proud of you

Thanks Bali, I,ve been exercising as well even when sleeping , You will reach your goal ! proud of you to!!!!!! ……. GO GAL

Good morning team, GG JUST SO PROUD OF YOU, what an inspiration you are to us all, Foxy you’ll be there this week and FB to, well done girls. Fast day againwe all know the drill, have a great day and keep up the fluids. Welcome to our newbies, yes we expect more this week with the show on last night. We at AUSSIE DETERMINATION will proove YOU CAN DO IT and will help and support you every step of your journey. We will answer you questions and offer hints and tips, good luck…CG xxx

Good Morning AD
    Welcome Tassie Jo… Hope you will settle into the routine very quick.
    GO GALLLLLL, Welllllllll Doneeeeee!!!! So proud of you. Foxy and GG its 15 Dec today and both of you have met your target to be at 75 kgs (GG, even below 75Kgs

I did not weigh myself today. So, I will take as Saturday’s weight as at 76 kgs. So still 1 kilo to get to the target. So, I will say that I missed it:-(

But, hey!!!!!!!! I have lost 9 kilos in 10 weeks now and that is a big enough loss for me to keep my chin up and continue.
    New target: end of December: 74 kgs.
    Doable with xmas parties and lunches??? I think yes!!!

Went to a birthday party on Saturday and I could fit into my old size 12 trousers. I was over the moon. So, that’s another incentive for me to keep going. Although I have gained 500 grams last week, my clothes seem much more looser and comfortable.

My final target before holidays is to be at 70 kgs by end of Feb. 5.5 or 6 kilos to go in two and half months. I CAN DO IT with AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!

And yes, I fasted yesterday but finished at 575 cals, a bit over.
    Today is another fast day.
    CG thanks for the concern. But I really think that anorexia may only occur after 72 hours of fasting and if I dont have any body fat. And believe me, I have heaps of body fat 🙂 🙂 🙂
    So, anorexia is not something that I worry about.
    After yesterday’s fast, I have more conviction to fast today. So bring it on!!!!

Hi Everyone……. First post from me. Adelaide mum of one. I am 43 yrs old, 170 cm and on the wrong side of 75kg. My goal is to be 65kg again. I am hoping a network of support like this will help my quest.

Hi Regina and welcome, we are here to support you. It is best to log in daily for a chat as you really feel YOU ARE NO ALONE, the feeling of friendship is utmost as you travel your journey and we at AUSSIE DETERMINATION show you that YOU CAN DO IT, enjoy your day……CG

Hi Regina71 and all, I’m a 71 baby too. Mother of one and 155cm high. Still at 72kg and have been for a while. Aiming to lose 2kg by Xmas, but if I lose any I will be happy!

Just made raspberry and white chocolate muffins for my son. My challenge to myself today is not to eat one of these muffins! I’ve already cleaned out the bowl! I managed 500 cal on Friday, I can do it again today!

Good luck all,
    Marelda

Hi guys, this my first time here. Im one of the influx of newbies because of last nights show, although my daughter has been telling me for months I should give it a go! I think I have almost blown the fast day already on my first day. I would love to see some examples of what you guys eat on the fast days? Im a 55 year old mother of 4, grandmother of 2 and live in country Vic. Cheers

Hello everybody, when i heard about the 5-2 program, I was impressed by its simplicity, but also doubted that i could maintain it without additional support. After reading advice and motivational support provided by everybody in this forum I am now excited to start the journey and hopefully share success stories.

HI everyone…..back from my weekend away, and about 1 kg heavier, but it is all just temp weight so not too worried (funny once this would devastated me) may do a 4:3 this week, will see what I am tomorrow…..officially 3 months for me since starting 5:2

GG…..well done, under 75kg! We are all so proud of you! Is this your final goal or do you want to get lower?

FB…..you are a star! and have done so well and inspire me and others all the time. I’m sure you will get to 74 by end of December….we are so alike in our goals as I am hoping to be this as well.

Thanks for all your lovely comments, I did look lovely if I say so myself and had a great time……dancing and having some delicious food and of course several vinos….happy that I am able to just slot back into fasting today.

Welcome Regina…gunnadoit and Colliebub….this is a fantastic WOE and life and very forgiving if you slip up now and then…..you can google meals under 500 400 300 cals etc to get lots of ideas….what I do is have nothing but fluid (water, green tea & 1 coffee) until around 12 noon….then I have about a 200 cal lunch…..mini wrap with 30 grams of protein and salad veg…..then I have nothing but fluid again until dinner about 6:30….then I have 100 grams of protein with a large salad….this gives me about 100 cals left for fruit etc if I want it..

Have TV as I type…..can’t believe what is happening in Sydney and Australia….I hope with all my heart that no lives are lost and am thinking of these poor hostages and their families….

Foxy welcome back, we missed you, yes, very sad what is happening in Sydney, like everyone never thought this sort of thing would touch our country. As Aussies, we are so easy going, live and let live, adore our freedom and wish it for everyone.

Welcome to our newbies, my first suggestion is to go to top of page on HOW work out your TDEE, go to the Q and A section and read up and become familliar. The whole 5:2 concept is so very easy, there will be odd times of stalling(plateau) but stick with it, IT DOES WORK, If your still up to reading, go to page one of our thread, you will learn so much as well as getting to know our team, which you are now part of. You are all very welcome, ask questions, one of us will reply,…enjoy this fabulous journey…..CG xx

I forgot to add for our newbies, most of us fast Mon and Thursday and we have our weighin on Friday mornings. It does keep you honest and accountable…to yourself! At AUSSIE DETERMINATION we understand exactly what you are going through and can help because YOU CAN DO IT!!!……CG

Thanks for the quick responses….. even more motivated now, looking fwd to the first weighing on friday.

A BIG AUSSIE DETERMINATION WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEW TEAM MEMBERS.!!!!!

As CG said …. please go back to page 1 of AUSSIE DETERMINATION and read our stories. All of us have achieved great losses over 3mths. We are all a testament to the 5:2 WOL.
    You will never by alone on your journey, as one of us will always answer any queries that you have.

We are a unique group of people, we shares our personnel highs and lows with each other, We are a shoulder to download hard times on ,with not one of us judging because ,we have or are possible dealing with a similar situation.

Enjoy our AUSSIE DETERMINATION family and the 5:2 way to better health.

Team, thank you all for your support and kind words of encouragement FOR without you all I would never have reached my challenge OF 75kgs

HEY FOXY- this is just the beginning????? maybe 70kgs next year !will try maintanence for awhile.
    THanks again you are an awesome team……..GO GAL XXXXXXX

I am not going to eat that muffin. I am not going to eat that muffin. I am going to re read posts, re focus and get through till tomorrow and then I can have a muffin…. Why do I find resisting food sooo hard?

Hi Marelda, we all do at times, the forbidden fruit is always sweeter. I’m over by 100cals today, by accident, but won’t really make much difference in the scheme of things so I’m not sweating it…..enjoy it tomorrow, best bet is not to cook on fast days of possible…..CG xx

Hey Marelda..I’m sure you will really enjoy that muffin…tomorrow! lol Welcome all the new Determined Aussies! You will not regret taking this most wonderful step. Such a small step but oh such a giant leap forward! I went out with my Mum and Dad today, and I tried on a couple of outfits. Usually I would stay in the cubicle and almost cry with despair, but today, after 6kg down, the clothes fit! I actually stepped out and said “look Mum, they fit”! So happy now 🙂 Another 6 to go, I can, I can do this!

Go gal, you reached your goal? Fantastic.

Hi everyone it’s been a few days since my last log in .. Big work christmas party left me under the weather but now I’m out of the danger zone partywise… Then away for the weekend, fast day Sunday went well, i am right into zucchini ‘pasta’ at the moment.
    Lesson of the week is dont rely or be ruled by the scales. My bf’s scales were very kind, lol, so i got him to check the accuracy of mine, cos he weighs in at the gym. Drats.. Mine are right. That said i have lost nearly 5kg since starting, and that makes me feel quite good cos basically its been really easy… And i havent done a lot of excercise during that time, had some naughty food, so losing without doing anything but 500ing is good. Been on it for only just over one month, when i went to curves years ago, that amount of loss took about 2 months.
    Welcome to the new people, all the regulars here are lovely people, very supportive and helpful.. I couldnt have done it without them.
    Dont expect miracles, stick to the fast days as close as you can and dont beat yourself up about anything.. Its a long term thing.. If you skip a week, or go over the 500 number, it doesnt matter, just keep up the determination!

Oh and CG, Whats cauli tabouleh? I love tabouleh and was disappointed to see that burghul is quite high in cals.. Cos it is so good for you, lots of great vitamins in parsley

Good morning team

I did it not only did I hit the 12kg mark I made 12.7kg. Goes to show if I am very strict on the Weekend what happens

HIT MY CHRISTMAS GOAL

I want 20kg by start of March

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So happy

Anyone reading and not doing just start

If I can do this anyone can.

Each of us will have woken this morning to the news that the events of the hostage siege in Sydney yesterday has ended in tragedy.
    My heart goes out to those hostages and their loveones that endured 16hrs of distress and fear at the hands of a sick individual. Alas 2 young people lost their lives. I could not sleep and watched this frightening event on TV.

My 2 brother in laws both Lawyers, were in buildings one block down from Martin Place and would have coffee at the Lindt Cafe. Thank the Lord they are both safe, they both spent until late last night in lockdown in their offices.

This is Australia , our country, our home. This does not happen here…. how wrong we were to believe otherwise.
    This is a very sad day for all of us. Unfortunately it has now become part of our history.

Love ,care and protect each other. ……GO GAL

Good morning team, sad morning with the events in Sydney. This is not the Australia I grew up in as a kid, home before street lights are on, doors not locked etc, what can our grand children expect? Trust is a thing of the past! How sad.I often wonder if we are privvy to too much overseas info and news causing coppy cat reaction.
    Robbie caulie tabouli is addictive, I love it, look up the easy recipes on line ( and pictures in images) as well as caulieflower rice. Caulie is the ladtest miricle food, replacing rice, potatoes and so much more, also it is usually eaten raw….check out the many recipes on google. So very easy, I make a big container of it and use it for. Few days from the fridge, very easy and tasty
    Fast day was a bit of a fizzer for me going over by 120 but the whole day was a success in that it is a long way UNDER or LESS than what a normal day would consist of they are only numbers, I know it was healthy, and it was the few wines with friends that did it….so again not sweating the small stuff, the week is still short a lot of cals by cutting back.
    Have a great day team, be kind not just to yourself….but others…..CG xxx

Bali, that is fantastic. Well done!

Go gal, I am glad your family are Ok. I hope that the backlash that formed the #ridewithme campaign is successful as a counter terrorism activity.

My fast day went well despite me making potato salad for our visitors to eat with their dinner and also buying Tim Tams and mince pies for them to try as they are from overseas. I really would have liked a glass of wine with dinner as we ended up with 6 at dinner and my husband and I maintaining our fast but I am pleased to see that it is doable without too much drama.

I love cauliflower but can’t tolerate it unless lightly steamed. I imagine caulk rice would be hot, CG?

Couldn’t help getting on the scales today. 200grams down from last Friday so looking forward to this Friday. Happy fasting all.

Hello AD
    I really hope that this was a good morning that we woke up to. Such sad news about hostages. It is true that we are a beautiful country and incidents like this are just not reflective of our society. My heart goes out for the families of both hostages that have departed this world to embark their further journey. RIP
    Also, all other hostages may be blessed with courage and hope to continue their life as normal. Very very sad.

I fasted Sunday and Monday and surprisingly yesterday’s fast was really easy as I did not have any urge to eat. Finished Sunday fast at 575 cals and yesterday at 405 cals. So pretty much averaged at 500 cals per day.

I weighed myself yesterday evening (I know that is not a good time to step on scales), however I have lost that 500 grams that I gained last week and as of 15 Dec 2014, I was at 75.5 kgs. So really 500 grams more what I wanted to. Seems ok…….

I will be fasting again tomorrow and Friday as I have a big day on Thursday, couple of drinks with work colleagues.

I bought a Georgio Armani black skater dress from London 2 years back (it was tight at that time as well) but I could not zip up the dress 2 months back. guess what?????? I am going to wear that dress to work Xmas party on Thursday. Ah….. at last money well spent and I can wear that dress for the first time as it fits me perrrrrfect now. It is not even tight anmore 🙂

So, all newbies, a big welcome and as GG suggested, read this thread from the start and you will see some of the stories turning into happy stories after all.

Bali, i am in love with your motivation and really wish and hope to follow you with your weight loss 🙂 🙂 🙂
    RobbieJ, 5 kgs is awesome, see its happening now. Very happy that you are able to see the results on scales now as well.

And all the rest, enjoy the feed days and if you are fasting then its only today and will be over soon. Reldz, you can have your muffin today;-)

Hello everyone
    Today is my 1st day (5:2) dieting! I read most of the FAQ & am still not sure if “fasting” means – I can consume 500/600 calories?? I have already consumed 223 calories, can’t believe it?? I still have at least another 12/13 hours to go!!

Can someone clarify please – ie does fasting means consume 500/600 calores?? thanks

It is encouraging to see so many determined people!!

Hi all!

My first FD of the week is coming to a close. Another great soup. Also had a carrot, and I enjoyed it tremendously lol.

I ordered a plaid shirt (since I’ve shrunk out of the ones I had) and to make sure it was nice and form-fitting, I ordered a 34/36. They sent me a 46/48 instead. Google tells me that in Australian sizes I that’s a 6/8 and 18/20 respectively. Which is about the size I was when I started 5:2 back in 2013. Funny to see how I was drowning in that and it would’ve looked pretty good on me then.

So, welcome to all the newbies! You will probably love it here. And to get everyone up to speed (and motivated to try this) I went from an 18 to an 8 in about 18 months. On top, my booty is not a size 8 yet (and hopefully never will be), more of a 10/12.

That said, I’m dreaming about my left-over rabbit in almond sauce with wild rice from yesterday I’m going to have for lunch tomorrow.

HAve a great week everyone!

Kospakosma, yes fasting means 500 calls of you are female and 600 if you are male.

Fatbuster, it is great to see you doing so well. I thought however, that the fasting needed to be intermittent to keep your metabolism from slowing, as in alternate day if you want to speed up the weight loss. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And also many of us don’t start eating until later in the day but you have to do what works for you!

Welcome kospakosma
    Yes, fast day means 500 cals if you are a woman and 600 cals for men. The days when you are not fasting you eat up to your TDEE. Good luck!!!

Uptightoutasight, yes it is recommended that the fast days are on alternate days. However the details on 5:2 say that you can choose any two days, however it is advisable to choose alternate days as it is much easier than consecutive days.
    I did not fast on Sunday intentionally, it just happened, so decided to do a back 2 back fast. All good. There are others who do b2b fasts and have been quite successful, however you don’t have to if you don’t want to do it.

Bali2015. You are an inspiration! Fat buster: mmmm muffin muffin muffin… Ha ha I laughed out loud.

Hug your loved ones today.

Thanks to my whinge on this discussion board yesterday, I didn’t eat that muffin! Seems like a small thing, but for me its huge. I achieved my (mini) goal.

Aim of the game today is not to go beyond my TDEE.

Take care everyone,
    X Reldz

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.