Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 14,786 total)

• Well done Bali! I’m taking this as inspiration not to partake of the chocolate in the fridge. Thankfully my boys have been restrained in their consumption.
    Week 3 for me and I have found getting the days done really hard this week! Hopefully I’ll get a bit of a weight drop to spur me on. However, already a bit more mindful about what goes in on the normal days. Hang in there and let’s support each other through the eating season!

Hi all.

Around noon here. I’ve decided I’m going to drink a (small) glass of water on the hour every hour. I often forget to drink enough si I hope to fix it this way. Lets see how that will go.

Hope everyone is getting through their day okay.

CG, I used to get through my days with diet ice tea. Worked a treat. I have since graduated from soda but it often helped with my sweet cravings.

Bali, you soon are making yourself the queen of restraint on this thread! Well done!

Your right FC, I’m surprised how well it worked actually, mind you, I didn’t have a lot of water today though, just a coffe first thing, tea tonight may 2-3 glasses of water that’s all. Weather not hot either so wasn’t reaching for it. Where do you live? You say it’s noon, it’s 10.20pm here….CG

Hi all,

Bali, I’ve wanted to respond to you since your first post this morning…. If anyone knows about the restraint needed to NOT eat a muffin, IT’S ME! Well done. Then you did even more amazing things in the rest of your day. I need whatever it is that you’ve found!

Pree, I get the munchies then too. I’ve found its best for me not to eat at all, otherwise I just get hungrier like Foxycoxy.

I’ve been thinking that I’ve emotionally eaten for some years: Post natal depression, ordinary depression, back issues. The good thing is I’m now conscious of this way of eating. Even had the guilts yesterday as I hadn’t ordered a meal in a cafe. My son had a meal, we both had a drink and in the end I gave in an ordered a meal. Well that was the end of the fasting for the day. Before 5/2 I would have eaten all the food with no thoughts about it what so ever. My journey it seems will take a bit longer as I have to sort out the mental demons (emotional eating), but I think I am on my way. I have to be.

Thanks for listening Aussie Determinators. πŸ™‚
    Reldz

Evening all! Well that’s another fast day, done and dusted! I had a large salad with vietnamese coconut water dressing and chili turkey for dinner with small glass of wine…..yum…am feeling very satisfied..

Well done Bali…..it’s these little triumphs that makes us realise that WE are in control not FOOD! And remember everyone…..ITS ONLY ONE DAY….that favourite day (forget who said it) tomorrow is just a sleep away

GG…..I am OK, just been busy that’s all…..can I run away with you to your island? Sounds just what I need lol! Hope you have a great time…

Weigh in day tomorrow for many of us…..don’t be discouraged if the scales are not kind…..this is not a quick fix, but a great way of life πŸ™‚

CG, I live in Belgium. They always say that diet soda makes you hungrier but for me it usually helped.

Gotta say i used pepsi max a bit to start with but now I just have it as a backup, even Mimi says in her book if a diet cola is what you need to get you through then have it.
    Vietnamese coconut water dressing sounds delicious Foxy, how do you make it? Yum. I have a salad dressing recipe using tofu I’m yet to try if its any good I’ll share.

I accidentally made the spiciest ratatouille of my life so it was a bit of a challenge eating all the veggies. But at least I’m not hungry and prob won’t be all night. That’s a plus. I really need to learn how to dose my use of chili peppers lol. The masala/garlic chicken satΓ© lucliky put out the fire a bit.

Morning team, well it’s 13 weeks now for me on our 5:2 journey and at 83.0k this morning that means a loss of 11k’s. And three months prior to joining 5:2 I was calourie counting and lost 6k’s so that’s 17k’s in 6 months. I’m very happy to be ending the year so much lighter than it began and very excited with the prospect of what this time next year will bring!
    If your scales don’t say what you want, remember it’s been a few weeks of no movement for me, that is very normal, as is fluctuation of 1-2 k’s, be patient and stick with it, your AUSSIE DETERMINATION will stand by you and even on the tough days you know YOU CAN DO IT, so come on tell me your news……CG xxx

good morning team

CG you have done really well. Everyone has who would have though what changes have happened to everyone.

drumroll. I lost another 1kg so down 13.7kg. (Christmas goal was 12kg) smashed it.
    I have not lost weight like this ever. Sticking with my fast yesterday so worth it, will remember next week during my holiday fasts.

So happy.

About to head away beach holiday caravan hubby 4 teenage girls for two weeks for some rest and fun. plan to do only one fact each week both Mondays. If I stay the same. Over this time is my plan. There will be lots of walking swimming and exercise.

I will be checking i occasionally whilst I am away.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and happy new Year. enjoy the silly season with family and friends.

bali

A very good morning to you all!
    The scales were very pleasing this morning……74.5kgs a loss of 300g.
    Total loss in 13 wks of 7.7kgs.Starting weight 82.2kgs

I wish you all the same pleasing results today!

I will be away on Lord Howe Island for Christmas.
    TO THE TEAM

Have an amazing Christmas and awesome start to 2015!, may the day be filled with love and enjoyment. Thank you all so much for the support and encouragement that each of you have given over the past 13wks to each other. All of you have done AUSSIE DETERMINATION PROUD….SO INSPIRING… AND CARING….This is something that as Australians we do so well. Be safe in your travels and activities.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    AND
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    LOTS OF LOVE & PEACE……..GO GALxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS…….. FOXY……YES! THERE IS ROOM FOR YOU AND YOUR HUBBY…..HUGS…..GO GAL

GG have a wonderfully safe relaxing holiday. I hope Santa brings what you need, and especially a loving and healthy New Year…….CG xxx

Hi all, weigh-in stats : 106.4 (3.6kg lighter than starting weight 18 days ago) also 3cm off bust, 2 off waist, 4 off hips and 1 off neck), yay! Happy holidays everyone.

Come on team, where are you all, we’ve had some good news in this morning but there must be more out there!!!….CG xx

GOOD MORNING ALL! Well done guys! you all must be very happy this morning πŸ˜‰
    I didn’t lose this week, but have been having more carbs than usual…and a few more wines than usual, too, so it’s no wonder. A gain of .8 πŸ™
    Sooo… Got to get focussed again, fast days are good, just those other days in between!
    Have a great holiday season everybody,
    Merry Christmas from lindanaf xx

Hi team, you all seem to be signing off, we will still be here right through Xmas. I understand if anyone is going away and has no internet, but we are all still here for support, and post Xmas blow outs. There are still days of the festive season that can be used to fast. I might do Saturday and Monday this coming week or Just the Monday, as Tuesday is my b’day so will have a few wines and Wed is Xmas Eve with family as well as Xmas day so after Monday might have the week off, who knows depends what takes my fancy…..anyway stay in touch, vent your frustrations, share your festive days and blow outs, and enjoy the coming week, it’s only once a year….CG

Afternoon all! Have been wanting to get on here all day, but had lots of jobs on in morning…..glad to be showered and refreshed….quite hot here today..

Well I don’t know how it happened, but I have actually lost 500 grams this week….I had two weigh ins today…..at 7am 74.8….and at 12:30 after working for 4 hours 74.4….I’m aiming for the middle so am going to record…74.6 which means after 13 weeks of 5:2 I have lost 9 kg! Woo hoo…..and a total of 15.4 since January this year…..I’ve taken the scenic route as FC says, but I’m just so happy to be so much lighter….CG I know exactly how you feel! Well done…17kgs just fantastic!

Bali…..congrats on smashing your goal! That’s awesome…..have a lovely holiday, you deserve it.

GG…..have fun on the sand wearing that new bikini πŸ™‚

GG1…..you have done wonderfully well in 18 days to drop 3.6 kg! And the measurements prove it! Yay!

Lindanaf…..just a temporary set back, you’ll be back in the swing again soon

Robbie…..it’s a bottled dressing by Pandaroo….you should find it in the asian section of Woolies (that’s where I bought it)

Ok guys, have heaps more to do today, so signing off for now, have a great weekend everyone:D

Foxy, you’ve passed your goal yohoooooo! That’s fantastic. I suppose working out in the heat as you do is like working in a sauna so you sweat it out. Just so pleased for you, congratulations, you and GG are neck and neck for Xmas, what an achievement!

I has a heap of smileys on but they didn’t come through, tried in the past too with no success?….CG xxx

So many posts! I’m up 2kg today/this week. I’m still determined….

Good Evening AD
    First of all, CONGRATS to each one of you for your losses. Foxy , GG, CG, RobbieJ, FC, GG1, bali2015 and others too if I missed someone.
    Lindanaf and Reldz, we know its temporary and pass by soon. You will be reporting losses again soon. Stay positive as this journey is an overall trend.
    This week, I fasted Monday, ate big lunch on Wednesday and again big night yestrday with lots and lots of beers. So, I am fasting today and tomorrow is my weigh in day.
    Will report the weigh in tomorrow.
    Until then, everybody enjoy the holiday season and don’t worry if you happen to eat more than TDEE on some days as we all gotta live n enjoy life too. Few drinks extra, a chocolate here n there is not going to take all from us. We know we are in control. We have done it with 5:2 before n we will do it again once the silly season is over. So, everybody ENJOY the holidays and as they say “Eat, Drink & Be Merry”

Hi all. Lots of losses today, great to see. Everyone else, you know it’s just one weigh-in, you are on a downward trend, it’s just not showing right now. Lindanaf, alcohol is known to make you bloat so you’re right to not worry. Reldz, you will get there, it’s great to stay determined, it’s totally worth it and soon you’ll be clocking losses again!

I weighed in at 63.5 today, so down 500g since last week. I’m exactly 1kg away from my initial GW. I wonder when that will happen. This thread has really given me a place to hold myself accountable for my decisions. I probably wouldn’t have lost as much these past few months if I hadn’t joined this thread. So thanks, everyone!

Good morning team, our prayes go out to the 8 children murdered in Cairns. So tragic, how down that Mother must have been to resort to such an unimaginable event.
    Busy time of year for us all, embrace it, Xmas has a magic about it, tempers do become short, but take a deep breath, step back, sing a carol to yourself. So many goodies around too, hay, it’s the time of year to let your hair down, if you find a day to fast that’s great if not one week will not undo all your good work. Have a happy day….CG xxx

Good Morning AD
    So many tragic events just near to Christmas. This was supposed to be a happy period. Hoping the good and best for everyone.

It was my weigh in day today. Finally scales moved and I am down by 500 grams this week. So, i am 75 kgs now.

SW: 84.5 kgs
    CW: 75 kgs
    In 11 weeks loss: 9.5 kgs

Dec end target is to loose another 1 kilo. As my target is to be at 74 kgs by Dec end. Sounds difficult with so much chicolate floating around everywhere at this time of the year.
    Reldz, i need to learn self control from you πŸ™‚

Andrew thinking of you as today is your weigh in too, right?

Great news FB, your right on target, you have done so well, yahoooo! CG xx

Thanks CG, i was cery relieved to see the scales moving. I know 500 grams is not a great loss. However this week was full of eating and drinking and any loss is more than welcome at this stage… LOL
    I now need to loose another 5 kilos before I go on holidays. Few weeks back I was dreading and thinking if at all this was possible as I had to loose 14 kgs before going on holidays. Really sounds like a dream now. I am very happy and would never have been able to do it without the support and encouragement from this group.
    Love you all!!!

That’s why I started this thread FB, for support and to encourage, it has a family feel about it, somewhere to groan or gloat! Keep up your good work, your input is really appreciated and as your are part of our team, understand how important our thread is to everyone. By the way, you have proved, dreams DO come true, especially with AUSSIE DETERMINATION…..CG xx

FB you are still at the top of the class! I fasted Monday & Wednesday – first fds for two weeks due to theatre and infection getting in the way. A fortnight of not fasting moved me from 88 kg to 88.1 kg so I got away with it πŸ™‚

Next 2 weeks during the silly season I’ll fast Mondays then take the week as it comes. That should at least keep me in maintenance mode.

How is your weekend going?

I wasn’t able to put in my weigh in details yesterday .So here goes:

I have made my goal of BMI 25.0(HAPPY HAPPY DANCE)

I have learnt in this journey to wellness …to smile at the reflection in the mirror …. to believe in myself. It has been a 2 year journey.In the last 3 months I have done 5:2.Which has given me a better understanding of what healthy choices are.And a more sustainable lifestyle.I have more confidence in what to eat.And what surprised me is that “it doesn’t cost much to be healthy”( my new slogan)…..Plus the secondhand shops were a cheap alternative to resize/recycle the clothes.

I was 20kg heavier, high BP,thyroid problems,not very happy…….As a mum of 5 …I was putting myself last.

Yesterday my family took me out to celebrate my birthday….I can get used to this way of life LOL

I will continue 5:2 as it has so many benefits…the weight loss is the bonus.I will be here to support you as you have all inspired and supported me.WE HAVE AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!

I want to wish you all a safe,and healthy holiday time.

I will be away a few weeks …no internet….taking some time off to just r..e..l..a..x

Catch you in the New Year xx Vegiemumma

Vegiemumma congratulations, it doesn’t matter how long the journey, it’s the destination you reach and you’ve done it. Well done!!! Happy birthday for yesterday and have a lovely holiday….Merry Christmas and we’ll see you in the New Year….CG xx

Good morning team, I know you are all busy with the Christmas rush, cooking, shopping and heading off on holidays. I seem to be the only one sticking around. At least I’m keeping our thread open. Great day to be out and about, beautiful weather. I’ll be doing my shortbread today, a family favourite then a good tidy up. I’ll be fasting today as next week is so up in the air with visitors then heading down to family Christmas Eve. I wish you all a peaceful Christmas with those you love, these are the times for making memories. I’ll still be checking in daily and totally understand if I’m the only one. Life at this time of year is so chaotic so embrace the magic of the season and we’ll all catch up in the New Year…CG xxxx

Morning DA’s I’m still around, been dropping in and just reading, so I thought I should write something as well as just read. Sometimes I find it a bit hard to write down what I feel, like, Fat buster, you have done so well! Way over half way to your goal. And veggiemuma, 20kg and a bmi of 25 is just awesome! Hope you have a lovely holiday and “veg” out! Flemishcurves, we sound very similar in weight. Are you a shorty, too? I’m 153, 5ft in the old measure, so should be in the 45 – 55kg range. My goal is 57….one day!
    Countrygal..so greatful to you for starting this thread. You are always there to support and encourage people , new or old.
    Fasting days are a bit of a challenge for me lately. Way too many temptations! The biggest temptation for me is “happy hour”. My husband always has a few beers around 4ish and I try to only have a couple of wines. I put about 6 ice blocks in the glass, so it does get watered down a fair bit. Never drink on fast days, though. I love bubbly! Had some last night, but didn’t put ice in that! Well, today I must go to the shops and buy some Christmas food, as my son is coming to stay for a week or so. ill be lovely to see him again πŸ™‚ That’s the nice thing about Christmas…it brings people and family together. Happy Christmas all, Linda xx

Wow, Vegiemumma congratulations. I too have high BP and have had thyroid problems. You are such an inspiration I hope to be in your range eventually. I’m not going anywhere. Just going to hibernate in the air-con. Everyone have a safe holiday.

I’ll be around for a couple of more days. So hard to avoid carbs this time of year which interferes with my plan. looking forward to January.

Hi girls, I’m grateful you’re still checking in, it is interesting seeing what struggles we are all having and knowing WE ARE NOT ALONE, I usually post first thing when having my morning coffee, or whilst having lunch, using my ipad makes it so easy. The contact for me is so important, it’s like a life line of AUSSIE DETERMINATION, it’s very easy to drop your bundle this or any time of year if you feel your doing it alone and no body cares. We do all care for each other, we need support and love to offer it to each other. The treats around are there to enjoy but do you find you think twice about having extra or pigging out with them.? Even the wines seem to go down a bit slower. We can enjoy our Xmas but the body doesn’t seem to need to over indulge as it used to, sure we eat “junk” but even there, not as much. Have a great day, glad you staying in touch, I appreciate it…..CG xx

Hi Country Gal, I’m still lurking! Not going anywhere for Christmas, so I’ll be around too.

Hope everyone enjoys the season and festivities that they are planning. We had a lovely ‘Street’ Christmas Party last night. I made truffles and didn’t eat a part of it and at the party I only ate one friande and a chip. Not bad for me. Three glasses of bubbly, but I still am overall less than I would eaten/drank previously.

Well done to all that have lost. I’m off to find my will power. I know it’s lurking around here somewhere!

Have a great day/night wherever you are.
    x
    Reldz

Hi guys, first week over and feeling ok, lost .5 kg happy with that. 2 fast days a bit of a challenge, just kept busy drank a lot of fluids mainly water. Will try and pre plan those days, but looking for ideas other than 6 ” Turkey sub and 2 slices of toast for the day.

Hi gunnadoit, well at least you are 500g less than last week. I find toast a no no, too many cals. Try to miss breakfast and go as long as you can, 11.00-1.00 and salads homemade are great, with a boiled egg or some tuna, same with dinner but with chicken or another protein. Ice tea in the hot weather or soups again homemade are all great low cal and filling ideas, keep up the good work, you’ve started, that’s the main thing!….CG xx

Merelda glad your still around with the rest of us….CG xx

Hi too gunnadoit, I’ve found I need breakfast with protein in it on a fast day so I have 2 poached eggs (large = 120 cals for 2); 1 cup baby spinach (30g = 7 cals) and 1/2 cup mushrooms (15 cals) microwaved as late as I can. Then iced fruit fusions all day. Then homemade vege soup or a salad or a stir fry for tea or even a Lean Cuisine (some are less than 300 cals). Hope this helps with a serve of AUSSIE DETERMINATION.

Hello ADs
    Andrew, good on ya, sticking to same weight even when not doing fasting is great news. I am sure you will catch up with swing quick. And thanks for your encouraging words.
    Veggimumma, you efforts are awesome. Claps claps claps.
    Gunnadoit, any loss is good news, especially this time around.
    Linda, GG1 and Reldz, uptightoutssight, i really admire all of you for being able to stick around to the fasting at this time of the year.
    CG, a big thanks to you for keeping this thread alive and all your help and support. I will be here too during the holiday time, just frequency of posts may be less as my 3 year old will be more with me and he keeps my hands full…. Lol

Not fasting today but I am finding it super hard to avoid temptations at this time. So tempted to eat out today again but I will try n resist.
    Aussie Determinator will never give up πŸ™‚

Hi all I am just starting the 5:2 (today was my first fast day) I don’t know if its just me but as soon as I restrict food I seem to want more than usual. Anyway I have managed to survive day one on 500cal. Have spent a lot of time reading your thread and its very inspirational so I hope you don’t mind if I join you? I really want to lose 13kg. My BMI is 27.5 and I weigh 75.6 kg this morning πŸ™ There i said it out loud… Well at least wrote it! Im excited about this new lifestyle and I thank you in advance for your support and encouragement. Cheers Kt

Hi Kt, you are so brave starting so close to Xmas and yes your more than welcome to join us. Most of us fast Mon and Thurs then have weigh in Fridays, but this week will be all out of whack of course. I had an almost fast today and hope to again tomorrow then no more in the coming week, hard time of year with so many no no’s about. Good luck and we here at AUSSIE DETERMINATION will support you through your journey….CG x

Welcome Kt. πŸ™‚

Good morning team, another and possibly the last fast day for this Christmas week. If you slip up today, don’t be too concerned, I doubt it will undo all your hard work. Our 5:2 is very forgiving and this week will be very hard to stay away from temptation. So don’t make yourself miserable, enjoy the festive eats and drinks, life still goes on, it’s only two fasts that we’ll miss. We all know how quickly Xmas goes, so embrace it, enjoy this time of year, what ever weight you put on if any, will be gone before you know it. Another fast or two will bring you back to where you are. 2015 will have us all back on track so please DON’T be hard on yourself, enjoy, it’s Christmas…..CG xxx

Welcome Kt.

Morning AD’s Big welcome to Ktmaree. When I started I wanted to lose about 13kg too! So far in just 12 weeks I’ve lost 6, so already half way. I’m a bit of a slow loser though, so if I can do it so can you! Good luck on your weight loss journey, and come here everyday for lots of help and support and food ideas… πŸ™‚
    CG, very nicely said πŸ™‚
    Linda

Good Morning ADs
    Welcome Kt. Very brave of you to start at this time of the year. Well done on your first step!!!
    Kt You know your target, you know your current weight and you have conviction, nothing is impossible. Honestly, in my opinion, you are starting really well. Atleast you did not wait for weight to creep up before taking action. like I did, really proud of you already and don’t be ashamed of shouting out your weight aloud here as we all understand and nobody is judgmental here.

Fast day for me today as well. I am planning to fast Mon, Tues and Thursday this week. I know Thursday is Christmas day, but as I am not going anywhere and it will be a quiet day for me, i will fast Thursday and then out for shopping on boxing day, so eating out is not avoidable on Friday. Ooh la la, I love Boxing day shopping. Ha ha ahaha.

For all those hanging around here during the festive season, wishing all the luck and strength along with happy times. πŸ˜‰

Morning AD’s,

Fast day today .., second fast day in my first week..!!
    My start weight was 79.5. I havent weighed in myself this week and planning not to weigh in for next few weeks while I do the 5:2. Don’t want to get discouraged as I had a busy weekend with Xmas parties and loaded myself with food ( feeling guilty about it sooo much..) Tried to be sensible but wasn’t successful everytime..!! πŸ™ Hope the scales have moved upwards much..!! But I am determinied for day 2 and this week..!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.