Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all
    Some great results !

I started 5.2 11 weeks ago as well….on the 18th September….maybe we all saw the same TV program?

Aren’t we glad we started!!To the new people starting 5.2…hang in there it gets easier.We have AUSSIE DETERMINATION!

Weigh in last Friday I lost 300g. Monday(tomorrow) is my next FD. I am looking forward to a mushroom soup for FD.

KEEP POSITIVE EVERYONE!VM

Good morning all

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

I had a challenging one suffice to say I have an extra couple of teenagers staying with me for the short term whilst there mum has some respite in a medical facility. Challenging yes doable of course. That what the Aussie determination is also all about.

Hug your friends and family a bit closer.

So weekend pizza Saturday night only had 2 peices kids love so what do you do. But still didn’t go over TDEE. I feel bloated though so who knows for my weigh in Tuesday.

Everyone have a great day

Still planned my fast days this week

G’DAY…… WELL DONE VEGGIE!!!!!

There are several of us who started 5:2 around 15-18 September 2014 after watching the TV program. Then we brought “THE BOOK” to make sure that we understood the concept of 5:2.
    IT’s the beginning of week 12 ,and it’s come around so fast.

Over the past weeks we have all had some amazing losses.We have shared the highs of our 1st loss, the lows of that needle on the scales not moving for weeks at a time and that blastered tape measure that always moved when we used it.

Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION willed us to overcome the lows ,also the awesome support and never ending positive encouragement from the team that continued to spur us on our journey .

We CAN DO THIS…WE ARE DOING THIS…..WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!!!!

Enjoy the fast day… tomorrow is 36hrs away…….GO GALxx

Good morning team HAPPY FAST DAY to those doing it today, I’m thinking of doing Mon, Wed and Friday this week to confuse my system…..
    You have fasted so many times now and know YOU CAN DO IT, quite fresh here so good soup and stirfry day, a bit over salads, feel like I’m getting the long ears and buck teeth so will be nice to change the menu.
    Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION lead the way, we are all here to support each other, YOU ARE NOT ALONE…….have a great healthy and cleansing day team….CG xx

Good Morning AD
    Happy fast day to everyone fasting today.
    I will be fasting Today, Wed and Friday and continue with my usual 4:3.

Saturday night, I indulged in some drinks (vodkas) and finger food. I was mindful though to eat slowly so as to eat less. Then Sunday again made some Thai Green Curry (with reduced fat coconut milk) on OH’s demand. Now, being my favorite food, I had to eat it for dinner too. So, overall, I went over my TDEE both on Saturday and Sunday.
    But all’s well as today’s fast has come as a relief.

I have also decided to change my morning cappuccinos to black coffee with a dash of milk. My skim milk medium cappuccino takes away 120-130 cals of my allowance on fast days. This switch to black coffee with just a dash of milk will help me load up my dinner with one or two eggs. Hopefully, I will be able to stick to the plan.

And, good luck again to everyone fasting today…..

Hi All, fast day today and I am starting at the weight I was after the last fast so hopefully it will be down again by weigh in day on Friday.
    I have the book but will have to re read it because I keep seeing TDEE and don’t know what mine is. I don’t worry anyway. What I am already doing is working!
    Today it will be an orange around 11. A boiled egg and cherry tomatoes at lunch and then steamed fish and steamed vegetables at dinner. Not terribly inspiring but filling and easy.
    Have a good fast day.

Just starting my first fast day today. Be interesting to see how it goes. A friend suggested it

Morning everyone, on my first day for this week, which will be my first week of two fast days…..trying to quell mid-morning hunger with water and a black coffee after a chaotic, trying and exhausting weekend- hope I can clear my head a bit!
    Good fasting all today 🙂

Welcome Scandi and Maltesers to the wonderful world of 5:2 with a bunch of Aussie Determinators.
    Lots and lots of water and herbal teas helps most of us to get through the fast day.
    Give yourself three or four fast days and you will see your body adjusting with this system.
    All the best!!!

Hi scandi, maltesers and uptightoutasite, welcome to our thread. You will find this 5:2 so very very doable, it does seem a bit daunting in the beginning but as the days pass, your realise how easy it is. Most of us now really look forward to our fasting days. The planned day for you” uptight” sounds perfect. Soups are always a great standby, especially home made, then frozen for ease into portions, of course salads are perfect and it’s more filling with a bit of protein, fish, tuna or chicken or a boiled egg, don’t forget a bit of chicken in your soup too! Have a great day team, keep up your good work FB, your goal is closer each day……CG xx

Post to come… Ipad malfunction

Good morning everyone!!! I’ve been pretty slack in here of late and I’m blaming it on long hours at work, doing, generally 12hrs atm, though it should quieten off at the end of this week.

Sounds like every one is doing really well at the moment, last week for me wasn’t flash weight loss wise but it was TTOTM so was probably retaining water like mad… I also did my first b2b last week (mon/tues) and found it a lot easier than I was expecting it to be, I then followed it up with another fast day on Thursday and ended the week on a weight of 111.0 so down a smidge from the week before. This week I had a surprise fast day yesterday, I had my breakfast smoothie and then was out all day and there was nothing much I could eat (I try to steer clear of gluten as much as I can) so had a muslie bar around 3pm and then thought I’d make the most of the day and had a carrot for dinner :)… So today I’m backing up on yesterday’s fast with another one today and plan on doing Thursday again as I really, really want to get under the 110!! This mornings weight was 110.7 so it’s less than a kilo…. So in total now I’ve lost 10.9 kg since the middle of October and my bmi has gone from over 40 to 37.

Hope everyone’s fast today goes smoothly!!

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie to the 5:2 diet and today is my first fast day.
    I’ve never been a part of a forum before and thought it might be a great way to keep myself accountable.
    I’ve previously lost 20kgs with weight watchers and have now over the past 3 years slowly gained back 6 kg. I’m bored with the whole WW system and can’t seem to get my head back into gear so I thought a change in focus might help. I eat well during the week but my social plans and my love of wine kill me on the weekends.
    I’d be interested in hearing about success stories and anything that you’ve found helpful throughout your journey.

Hi Mavos and welcome. To read success stories I suggest you go back over our site, it’s encourageing, funny, supportive and full of hints and suggestions Congratulations on you previous loss, I would think with just a small amount to lose people often find it a bit slower because your close to your goal weight, but then again as it’s a new way of eating and way of life,,it may come away easily. It is so very doable, and being an ex WW you’ll understand the need of like minded people such as us. You are able to enjoy your wine and other treats, normal eating with just two fast days a week. You can do more but two in the beginning is suggested. Good luck and again welcome….CG

Hi Team AD, just back from Melbourne. Spent some time reading posts and getting up-to-date on all the goings on. Welcome newcomers. This is the best place on the interweb for support and friendship for the 5:2. Young Mr Grace is still proud of all of us 🙂

One more week of my sabbatical – re-reading the book to keep me inspired. The book is so great how Michael and Mimi are so non-judgemental, not “RA RA” but simply mix science and commonsense in a calm and easy to understand system.

My chest is gradually responding to chemist stuff. Went to Melbourne this weekend to see some old mates perform in a crazy Christmas pantomime followed by hilarious dinner afterwards. Heaps of theatre yarns: “do you remember the time we were in that awful play?” etc etc. Golden memories and great company.

Last night Helen and I dressed in our formal rig and represented our humble country theatre company in the Victorian Drama League awards. Our thriller “Deathtrap” was entered and up against all the big budget Melbourne companies. Fat chance for us against the big guys. The very first award was for Innovative Set Design and (drum roll) WE WON!!!!!! Helen and I swanned onto the stage and accepted the award, paused for the photographs, and swanned off like we owned the place AND MY DINNER SUIT FITS ME!!!!! Ummm sorry for the capital letters but I am a bit pleased…. 🙂

We were so proud that our tiny country group could pull this off! Helen and I were the only ones from Cathouse Players who could get the the awards night but really everyone involved on the production was with us in spirit. And for me, fitting into my dinner suit, CG who built AUSSIE DETERMINATION was with me, FB my mentor was also with me – thanks all my AD friends.

Quiet week ahead and back to 5:2 next week. XXXX

A BIG BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS Andrew….. What an achievement. So proud to have even known you. Feel like getting your autograph. If I was in the crowd, I would have shouted ” HELLOOOOO BEACH BOY AUTOGRAPH PLEASE!!! ”
    And yes, winning the award and fitting into your dinner suit is definitely worth BOLD letters!!!
    So happy for you !!!

WELCOME HOME Andrew and CONGRATULATIONS on your award!!!!!. I am sure you looked far better than Brian Wilson in your dinner attire You require bigger& blolder letters to celebrate your successes…. You were missed… CG is with us all always , my friend and mentor as well, I am lucky to have made a friend with her outside the thread So pleased that you are getting better. That was some mean chest infection you had .
    Don’t you love how strong & confident our FATBLASTER has become?… She is a very beautiful girl.

All the best…….GO GAL

A warm welcome to MAVOS & SCANDI…. Hope you enjoy 5:2 & our AUSSIE DETERMINATION site.
    You both will have loads of support & encouragement from all of the AUSSIE DETERMINATION team. Enjoy the journey to a new way of health…. Good luck…. GO GAL

Gosh so much happens on here over the weekends! I must try and get on more often!
    Welcome to all our new members, as you have probably realised, we are an incredibly accepting, friendly and encouraging bunch…so you will find heaps of support and understanding on this thread as you embark on 5:2….and as you have your ups and down times like the rest of us!

Andrew, our token male (hope you don’t mind that?) and now our celeb, welcome back and well done….what a way to celebrate your company and the new you WITH AN AWARD! Exciting times!

FB……you are amazing! Your dedication and enthusiasm really inspires me….you will reach the 75 k goal for sure….CG & GG you are our rocks, what would we do without you? Feeling a bit emotional…..I know I wouldn’t have gotten this far without all of you on here…..

The end of another fast day and we have done it again! 🙂

Ditto on the gosh Foxy, so much happenin here.. Welcome to the new folk and congrats to you Andrew, and for invoking old Mr Grace lol.. Small theatre companies keep the grassroots arts going and are so important in country towns, so good on you for getting into it.. And getting an award is just a well deserved bonus.
    Well in fasting news, i blew it yesterday.. Stupid cheese, i overestimated on my omlette, oh well made it a lo-cal day instead and will fast this wednesday.
    Fast day shopping discoveries today at the supermarket.. 1. A wonton soup cuppa soup type of thing 56 cal, 2. Mini boccocini great to add just that little bit of dairy, and 3. 70s flashback gherkin and cottage cheese!
    Someone was talking a while back, sorry i forget who, about bad constipation (i know tmi) but i think its a complication from fasting and boy did i have it bad, so my tip to new fasters is to take a mild laxative or some psyllium husk (the active infredient in metamucil but cheaper) JUST in case, cos you sure dont want what i had.
    Looking forward to hearing more fab 5:2 stories.. Take care all

Morning AD’s…. Hope your fast day went well…. good fasting for those that are doing today.
    Welcome MALTESERS….. My favourite sweet.

Dearest FOXY….. You are very special as well… Thank you for your comment,
    CG & I were LOL when we were talking last week , if ever there was an a time we could ALL be together in one place ,the 3 of us would really HOOT IT UP!!IT could well happen ….. THE AUSSIE DETERMINATION CONFERENCE……LOL.

Have a wonderful day… The AD family is AWESOME……… GO GALxx

Good morning team, what a lovely bunch you all are, you can really feel the genuine love flow between us all, what a testiment to the AUSSIE DETERMINATION family with support and care. I’m just so proud of how far we have all come and the closeness we all feel to each other. Foxy as GG said, we were talking last week, I said I feel the three of us have a bond and should try to meet up one day for maybe a weekend, few meals, a “FEW” drinks, ha ha, and have a ball! You can feel the vibes with our posts! Andrew, congratulations, we are all very proud of you with your award but expecially fitting into your tux. Robbie, great suggestion for our newbies re constipation, I find my love of fruit helps me with that but at times need that extra “push” pardon the pun.Robbie, I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself, I adore cheese and often put it with my omelette on fast days, just for the melting flavour, even if you go over 50-100 it is still a lot lower and more benificial than not fasting. To our new girls, don’t try to rush your loss, it does take time but very easy and it is surprising how quickly the weeks do fly. It certainly a lot easier if you post daily, feel the support, get suggestions and see how other team members manage. Have a wonderful day team, keep an eye on your intake but enjoy your food, indulge a bit, try to stay under you TDEE and you’ll be credited with a loss most weeks. Weekends are for letting you hair down….Be good to yourselves…..CG xx

Good Morning AD

Wow, really what a beautiful bunch of people.

I read Andrew’s post, then GG’s & CG’s now Foxy’s. and I am so emotional.
    Each and everyone of you make this journey so rewarding, so THANK YOU!!!
    Robbie, its ok to fall off the wagon now and then, you will now have an added bonus of low cal day when you fast on Wednesday, Good thinking!!! Well, I will be fasting tomorrow as well. So, we are i it togetehr….
    Thanks for the tip again re constipation (sorry tmi) I tried FC’s tip and used flax seeds and wow I like that tip 🙂

Well I finished fast yesterday at 350 cals. So, I am happy with that as I went to bed last night feeling very very full. Amazing how much food 350 cals can be….

Plan for today is to remain under 1200 cals to negate my over indulgent weekend. I am already feeling bloated due to TTOTM, and think that there will actually be no or little weight loss this week (secretly hoping no weight gain) but that’s OK as I know that I need to eat well and weight loss will happen sooner or later!!!

Until then Good Luck everyone!!!

Countrygal, Ok I will try and post more frequently as a newbie. Fasted yesterday and this morning the scales were wonderful. Only a few days ago I was excited to finally hit 73 and today I am 72. I know tomorrow will be heavier but it is all definitely working well and i feel great.
    It is like some magic secret that is effortless yet life changing isn’t it? Well almost effortless!

Good morning all…..just hopped on to feel the love before I go and get a dreaded filling! Eeek…

CG & GG…..yes what fun we would have…..a synchronised meeting up would be wonderful….you never know what might happen? lol

Uptight…..I can’t resist jumping on scales after my fast too…..I was blown away this morning because after the weekend, I was almost 2kg up with bloat….but this morning I’m actually under my Friday weigh in…..as CG always says 5;2 is so forgiving….

FB…..I feel for you with TTOTM….all past me now, but I used to have such terrible bloat, pain and food cravings…..red wine (a very rare drink) and dark chocolate for some reason….I’m sure you will still be same size even if you don’t lose anything this week

Robbie…..I LOVE cottage cheese with gherkin…..had some as a dip with seaweed rice crackers on weekend…..yum! I don’t suffer with constipation luckily, I have always drank a lot of water, whether fasting or not, so that could be the clue…

Well the dentist is calling and so I must away….have a great day everyone ! 🙂

Hi all, I’m in a bit of a dilemma! Should I be happy or not? Jumped on the scales this morning after my fast day and down another 400g making me 84.6, yahoo! Being a teenager through the 60’s still love the dress sense- fashion! I Always wore my jeans tight in the bum and thighs but flared from the knee. I got a pair out from the depths of my wardrobe, and shock horror, the thighs are so baggy, the bum too big! So found a pair of 3/4 jeans that were so tight and again, too big…..so rolled up the leg to just under my knee, found a leather tie belt and trying to hold it all together. Went to the loo before and didn’t need to unbutton or unzip either, they just slide down! So even when the scales are not smiling at me, or you, try on something you haven’t been able to wear for a few years, great feeling! Just need to get the spare tyre to disappear and stop hanging over the waist, thank heavens for all my loose tops, which are now too big but hide a multitude of sins. By the way….look out 70’s I’m on my way……..CG xx

Be happy, be happy!! CG I am so happy too! What a great feeling……one word to say, or maybe two? SECOND HAND SHOP…..that’s 3 actually haha…..get yourself down to the second hand shop when you can…..I bought a new skirt the other day…$5.50…and I’m loving it….it’s a size 12 hippy type of thing that I originally bought for a 60s party….but love it so much that I wear it often…..while you are going lower and getting smaller and you don’t want to spend much money as you are going to get smaller still…second hand shops are the thing

We should all celebrate our baggy clothes…..I actually have 6 bags of clothes that are now too big….and yep I’m donating them to the second hand shop

Only thing…..hubby is chasing me around the house as I’m wearing more dresses and skirts these days…..but that’s gotta be a good thing too 😉

CG and Foxy, WELL DONE and MUCH MORE!!!
    CG love your confidence:-” look out 70’s I’m on my way”

Happy Times

Hay Foxie, we have a Vinnies store locally and I’m one of their best customers, not to mention Ebay! I do tend to live in hippy skirts ( my generation) as I said, love the 60’s dress code, fortunately only ever have elastic waists for the size variations! Must admit though a lot need new elastic in a smaller size now, why toss a skirt for the sake of a bit of new elastic? Thanks FB, your the master so I appreciate it. Will try Mon Wed and Friday this week, getting greedy now, oh to see 79.99999 on my scales yahoo. Hope your mouth isn’t too sore Foxie, we all have a dentist phobia…….CG xxx

Oh wow Foxie, good news about hubby too, see all’s good for us all….CG xx

I am sooooooo LOL LOL at the previous posts….. CG!….. you should be yarhoooing all over the joint!!! well well done.
    And the FOX….. keep running babe ,,, the more he chases, the more you lose!!!!!

I just love Vinnies and e-bay. Hubby brought me a pair of Vintage Chanel shoes off ebay ,all authentic with card no ,bag and care by ex owner. They are my treasure as I have a weakness for shoes…. especially the sexy Louboutins which are also in my collection I was sent an extra pair of black patent leather Louboutins because an order was lost … so if you have a size 38 foot their here in their 10cm heel glory, still in their box.

Just love the the comedy in our thread have a great evening….. GO GAL

Hi all, so great reading your posts. You make us newbies feel as if we’re not doing this alone. Looking forward to posting some celebratory losses too. I’ve just completed week 1 with a 2kg loss – which is just the start. I see you all report your week’s progress on a friday (I think), so I’ll do that too from now on.

Tomorrow night, a non-fast day, I’ll be going to Sizzler’s with a large family group. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of having a small brekky then nothing until dinner. At Sizzler’s maybe a small steak and lots of salad. I’ll tryyyy to avoid the desserts… What do you think?

Hi GG1, yes I’m sorry if that wasn’t explained. We do our weekly weigh in Fridays, it tends to keep you honest with yourself and accountable. It’s good to share the highs and lows, this is where you’ll find a lot of cheers and support. We don’t all lose each week, but tend to explain if we did over indulge, and often the loss isn’t always on the scales, the tape measure or your clothes let you know. I think your choice for dinner sounds fine, and a small portion of sweets is not out of the question. Often it’s meal size that’s the problem, not the food choice. Enjoy your evening, the 5:2 is part of your life not all of it. Take care…CG xx

Thanks CG, I’ll follow your advice.

Morning Team!…GG1… Have a great time with family tonight. Tomorrow is a Fast day so have the desert… your plan sounds fine. There is 2kgs gone forever ENJOY . YOU will never be alone on the 5:2 journey with THE AUSSIE DETERMINATION TEAM with you. See you at the weigh in on Friday.

Have a HAPPY DAY ALL….. till tomorrow……GO GAL

Good morning

I love this way of life, after somehow loosing the plot with food on the weekend. One fast Monday weighed in Tuesday weigh exactly the same as Friday. I thought I had blown it to peices. Back on board this week, have put the chocolate lollies away. What is it about this time of year rubbish food seems to be coming from everywhere. This gives me great encouragement that we can indulge ever now and again and jump back in.

As for second hand shops I love them. Bought designer black work pants and a top a couple of weeks ago $8.00. I looked so different going to work. I had to stop wearing my normal pants because even with a belt they looked silly. Mind you they were my skinny pants 10 weeks ago. I also always give back to my local shop with my bigger clothes. As I have another 29kg to go no point in buying new I say. I love that I can get things that fit as well. None of my friends think second hand is good enough, my daughter however loves it she just doesn’t say where it comes from.

Have a great week everyone. Noticed a few of you are pushing into the 70’s.
    Push to the 90’s is my motto at the moment.

I encourage everyone to give this a go, what have you got to loose. It costs nothing in fact you save, you get hungry so what. Do it. If I can everyone can.

Good morning team, trying another fast today, then again Friday just to see if it makes any difference to my loss also to see how doable it is. I have been wrapped with the easy way of life of 5:2 and the way of eating, but as I said earlier, getting a bit greedy now. From all I’ve read, I doubt it will drop any quicker but worth a try to speed things up. I’m finding of late, my meals are so much smaller, the need to pick has gone, I can even deny myself chocolate by questioning me need for it. I still have my couple of drinks each night, sometimes a wine around lunch, and as this is a way of life, I’m still dropping k’s. I know if I was alcohol free it would drop a lot quicker but then that is bringing in the strict rules of a normal diet which none of us want. I keep maintaining our 5:2 journey is PART of our life not ALL of it. Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION keeps the food choices healthier, it makes the guilts shudder when we KNOW we are eating the wrong things, but being so so forgiving, it still works for us all. Our thread is a haven for venting our frustrations and sharing our good news and a “home” to go to knowing our like minded team understands….also to have a laugh which we all need.
    Have a great day team either at home or work, fasting or not, just enjoy your life…..CG xx

Hi all. I am doing fine but my daughter, who has very little to lose, has started this regime and was disappointed this morning to see that her weight was the same after a fast day and hasn’t moved despite 3 fasts this week. Any thoughts?
    I think when I started I saw plenty of movement although it did fluctuate a lot and I am a lot heavier than her. She really only wants to lose 2 kilos anyway, but to her, that is a lot.

Hi uptight, that could be fluid she is carrying. Maybe a good flush with water, although the young ones seem to carry water every where these days. Golly to only need to drop 2k’s, would really love that problem. She could still have food passing through her too, time of month can up your fluid holdings, could be many reasons, tell her to hang in there…it will go…..take care CG xx

Good Morning ADs
    Another fast day today. So, those fasting today… CG and Robbie and others, … we will get through another fast just fine.

Wooo Hooo GG1, 2 kilos kicked out forever, well done
    Uptightoutasight, wow only 2 kilos to loose. I can gain that in a week..lol. Tell your daughter not to stress too much as the amount of weight that she needs to loose is so little, it may take time for it to fall off. I so want to be on that side of the table. I still have 16 kilos to go before I get to my ultimate goal weight of 60 kgs. Will I ever get there, not sure!!! Sounds like a dream… 🙂

However, I want to point out here that this dream still sounds like achievable with this WOL as it really is effective. May take me over a year, but still seems achievable.

I have done so many kinds of diets in the past with lots and lots of exercise and never managed to loose the weight and inches at this pace.

My legs and bums have always been my problem area and no matter how much cardio and strength exercises I did, this part of my body never budged. However, with 5:2 or rather 4:3 for me, I have seen a massive change in my thighs and bums without real exercises. Only this time!!!

In the past, i did Dukan diet, lost weight, but could not sustain it.
    I did Weight Watchers for a little while, lost weight, but could not sustain that lifestyle.
    Did Naturalpathy, where you eat only natural foods no processed food, lost little weight and could not sustain itas well.
    Did calorie counting and vigorous exercises, lost weight and could sustain it only for a little longer.
    5:2 is the only diet or rather WOL, where I think I can do it forever. I feel in control and empowered as it does not restrict any food groups. I can still enjoy my occasional wines and vodkas and and pizzas every now and then (in moderation, of course)
    I am accountable and responsible for what goes into my body and no one dictates me what to eat and what Not.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to share the feelings with this amazing group. Especially for newbies, hang in there it will happen.

PS: Still bloated, but hoping to get down to 75 kilos by 15 Dec still. Foxy GG and my inspirations… I am just behind you….. LOL LOL LOL

Good morning all! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for the many inspirational posts. I’ve been lurking in the background for some time now. I too started in September and am loving, just loving 5:2. I started for the health benefits and weight/inches lost has been an additional bonus. No more aching feet and knees, no longer pre-diabetic, two dress sizes lost and glowing skin, what more could I ask! It really is life changing. On non fast days I eat and drink what I feel like. Not having to deprive myself or count and weigh everything has been very liberating. I do eat mindfully and healthily and find I’ve decreased portion size and only eat till I’m satisfied – sometimes I miss lunch or breakfast because I don’t feel like it. If I don’t lose weight that’s ok I am in it for the long haul. I would have been devastated on any other eating plan.

Thanks again to all who post. You have been inspirational.

Great post FB and it doesn’t matter how long they are, they seem to be more interesting so keep them up. You are doing so well, you are really committed to this way of life, as we all are, and the bonus of course is our weight loss. Onahealthyhigh, welcome, your not the only one lurking, I don’t know why people are shy, joining us on AUSSIE DETERMINATION really gives you strength, we all have different issues which need to be shared, so if YOU are just reading, come and join us on this fun and rewarding journey, you are all welcome…..CG xx

Thanks for you replies CG and Fatbuster. I agree about my daughter. What a problem to have! In my opinion, she doesn’t need to lose anything but what would I know?! She wants to return to a weight she was before she lived overseas for 6 months last year so I guess it is realistic.

She does seem to gain more easily than her friends so I do feel for her. I am sure that this is the best way to do it, so I will encourage her to continue.

It is crazy to be 21 and slender and obsess about food. It seems to me that doing this lifestyle means you don’t have to obsess, just be mindful a couple of days a week which has got to be a mentally healthier way to live and a sustainable one. Far better than the celebrity slim stuff etc that she has done over the years. She loves food and is a party girl but one thing she does have is Aussie Determination!

Good morning everyone. Sitting here enjoying my morning coffee after a busy morning of house work. What an enjoyable read this morning, everyone is very inspirational in their own way…..their attitudes, what they eat (gives me ideas) and when they share their successes as well as blow outs etc….I can’t say it enough, I just LOVE this thread AUSSIE DETERMINATION and all who are on it….

Hey FB…..my goal is 60 kg too! We will get there, even if like you say it takes a year. I have just over 15 kg to lose, and if I lose 2 kg a month (my goal) I could be there in as little as 8 months….woo hoo…

Yes this way of life is so very sustainable….I went to my grand daughters school xmas party yesterday…her other gran wouldn’t eat any of the party food because ‘I’m very careful about what I put into my body (excluding cigarettes I guess) because I don’t want to get fat’ (she’s quite slim) I told her I was doing 5:2 as I scarfed down a spring roll, followed by a vege sausage roll…..my response (me the fatty….don’t think she cared she offended me)…I said ‘ I’ve lost nearly 15 kg and If I couldn’t eat what I wanted every now and then, life just wouldn’t be worth living’

FB….I’ve always carried my excess weight down on my bum and legs too….its actually not an unhealthy area to store it, but it doesn’t always look that good! As I got older however, it started to distribute itself on my upper body too, which as we all know has more health risks….even when I’m slim, I’m still curvy….just my body shape….if I could get back to that 36 26 36 shape again, I’d be over the moon….

Hi All. I started in Oct and am enjoying the benefits. I must admit it took about 4 weeks before I started to see any significant weight change. I started at 72kg and my goal weight is 64kg. But I did feel less bloated after the first week and that has been a good motivator.
    My main aim is to loose belly fat. I don’t have much of a defined waist, and waist height ratio is not in the healthy range. It is on its way slowly though 🙂
    Thanks for everyone who shares on this forum. It is very encouraging.

Thanks for encouraging me to write CG 🙂

Welcome Onahealthyhigh and Kath mac. Good achievements already… wooo Hoooo

Uptightoutasight, that’s why we are here. We all love our Aussie Determination.

Foxy… Whoa, i can not even imagine getting into 36 26 36 shape. One fine day, maybe.
    You are right, even if I lose weight, i remain curvy, but gotta love those curves. Hubby says, “not everyone is blessed with the curves”, so gotta be a good thing 😉

Evening Team!……DITTY TO OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM
    DOING THE FAST DIET THING, DOING THE FAST DIET THING, DOING, DOING, DOING DOING.
    I’M 75KGS DOING THE FAST DIET THING!!.
    I am so excited , could not wait till Friday. Did a B2B fast Monday & Tuesday.

Welcome Kath Mac and ONA . Please enjoy our AUSSIE DETERMINATION thread. The Team are awesomely wonderful!

Have a great fast day tomorrow…….GO GALXXXX

GG….you did it CONGRATULATIONS…….WELL DONE. CG xxxxx

Greetings aussie 5:2ers, another fast day nearly done.. It gets easier as time passes, i was thinking today how when i first started i was stressing about being obsessed by the food on a fast day, and now i actually look forward to it.
    Todays fasting lesson was things are really too good to be true.. The All Natural wonton 49 cal cup of soup is loaded with sodium, 49% of your RDI… Eeek. I ended up just eating my salad for lunch so have heaps for a nutritious and satisfying dinner.
    And i just totally love mini boccocini.. Love love love.. Lol.. Just that little bit of delicious cheese makes all the difference between boring old spinach and cucumber.. Even though i quite like both of them too.
    So i am having a bit of lamb cutlet, pumpkin, broccoli, cauliflower.. And gonna experiment with my light philly spread for a little sauce. Flavour is your saviour on a fast day.
    Dont know about weight loss yet this week, but the scarf i use to hold my baggy jeans up seems to have a bit more length. I havent gained so thats good.
    Work xmas tomorrow night though.. Basically its a write off day and i wont be counting too much.
    Thats the great thing about this WOE you can live a little occasionally!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.