Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi All
    Fast Day today!!Planning the day is the key for me today. Then I am not leaving anything to chance…like the last few days…

Pumpkin soup at 12, stirfry veg and boiled egg at 4pm. Apple/nectarine for snack. Plus lots water and green tea .I have a busy day planned and a no trips to the shop attitude.The families meals are sorted.

See you for weigh in tomorrow. I look forward to the day after fast feeling…….lighter,brighter and feeling thankful for 5.2……Have a great day no matter what your doing…..veggie

Hi all! It was the first really cold day today (between 0Ā°C and 2Ā°C) so cycking is getting less pleasant. But I’m Belgian so we power through that. Unless there’s a snow blizzard (which is never) we get on that bike anyway.

Calorie-wise, I’m doing terribly again this week šŸ™‚ We have Saint-Nicolas coming up, which is Belgium’s Father Christmas, but on December 6th and a lot of baking is involved with that at my house. So I’ve just calculated and I’m sort of eating at maintenance so far, which isn’t too bad I guess. Luckily I have another FD to go tomorrow so I can make up some of my baking calories.

I also need to learn how to say no to this lovely Tunisian lady whose grandchildren I tutor on Wednesdays. I just don’t know how to leave their house without having eaten at least two sugary treats (plus heaps of sweetened mint tea). Thank goodness (or sweetness?) I always cycle there. So at least some of those pesky calories don’t make it home with me lmao.

I’ll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow, I just feel so swamed right now!

Hope everyone is having a great FD or RD. Onwards and downwards!

Hello All
    Good luck to everyone fasting today!!!
    We CAN Do It!!!

Hello to all, first time I’ve been able to get on with the site issues. Fasting again today…..had a blow out AGAIN yesterday with a few wines and few more….blah! Get so P#$*D off at myself…..when I weighed myself yesterday after Tuesday fast I was 75.5…..this morning 76.5! Hoping that fluid will be gone by tomorrow….

Have managed to do some Christmas shopping this morning….I need to get my parcels off to my boys over east, then I can take my time with local presents….starting to feel the Christmas spirit a bit..

Good luck everyone with your fasting today…..WE WILL NOT GIVE UP! We are AUSSIE DETERMINATION šŸ˜€

Hi everyone, whats up with this site, says i have been unsubscribed from the topic..
    A bit of a win for me today, i got the courafe to step on the scales and have dropped somewhere between 2 and 3kg.. A small win but a win nonetheless.
    More in a moment, real life interrupts

Yeah, the site is a pain in the A trying to get on at the moment. Tried Telstra but waiting times are impossible at the moment, may others are having the same problems. Robbie 2-3 k’s is wonderful, you must be so proud, good on you! This 5:2 is so very doable and unpredictable as some weeks the scales smile, others they are stuck like cement but over all as the months pass the loss is obvious never to go up again, mine fluctuate a k most weeks, but never much more, and with weigh in day Fridays, that’s the weight I go by. Have a nice evening…..CG…..anyone else having trouble trying to get on, just keep trying, every so often you get a window…CG

Hi — I’m posting this here so if you’re getting emails but still having issues accessing the site, you’ll see it.

If it is still giving you grief, you may need to flush your dns cache. Iā€™m so sorry, computers, argh.

What has worked for some people is putting their device into Airplane Mode (the flight safe mode) and then taking it out again. The other option is to turn it off, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on. I know, I know, there should be a better way.

We switched the nameservers and sometimes computers keep trying the old ones but nothing is there. This problem will sort itself out soon as everything figures out the new settings, even if you don’t do anything or the above doesn’t work.

Again, I’m so sorry for the trouble! I didn’t expect it to take so long or have such an impact or I would have done it early one weekend morning.

Good evening. Not having any problems logging on . Having a pretty good fast day,12 cherries for morning break, ham and salad for lunch and a small amount of savoury mince with lettuce.I often have lettuce shredded instead of pasta. I dusted off my Wii the other day, it was very happy I’d lost weight! I did some hula hooping, jogging, yoga and balance.. I could hardly walk the next day! Good luck tomorrow all who are weighing in šŸ™‚

Im back again. Thank for your offer gogal, that is so nice of you to say you would to be my shadower, its a term we use in the public service too by the way lol. I dont want to put the gory details of my weight on the forum is there a way i can pm you? I have been totally off excercise since i started, for a few reasons weather, circumstances.. But back to water aerobics next week.. I find its the best thing for my joints etc…
    And i like it.
    Liking what you are doing is a big part of success, it makes me want to keep going, and i actually like fasting.. Or rather 500 cal’ing it. Even tho i havent lost much, now those friggin scales have budged it is so good!
    Another win tonight is that my boyfriend has agreed to a shared fasting day on sundays, so now i have my two regular fast days worked out sunday and wednesday. It was wednesday and thursday, which was harder. Some thursdays were great, some were really bad… So it wasnt sustainable.
    You are all great.. Have a great weekend everyone!

Morning, ROBBIE -if you want to Contact me put your contact number on the site I will frequently check, then you contact Fast diet to have your post removed so that your details are not on public display. I have done this with FATBLASTER….GO GAL

Wow Robbie, that’s amazing. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it.

I seen to be hungrier than usual, but it’s 9.35pm here so I won’t have to be for much longer. I think it’s because I love my courgette/onion/goatscheese scrambled egg so much, my brain keeps telling me I want more.

See you all for the weigh-in tomorrow (if we van log on?)

Hi all happy weigh in day.

Another 300 grams Gone since tuedsay 600 for the week.

I had complaint. This week from hubby and 13 daughter nothing to eat in the house. Funny I haven’t bought any junk food for a couple of weeks don’t buy it cannot eat it. They don’t need to lose any weight. So may have to rethink that a little.

Fast days become easier don’t mind being hungry. I have even managed to not resorting to my emergency carrots or strawberries at 4.30pm

Still don’t feel like food.

Good Morning AD
    Robbie J, whoa…. see it finally happened, so happy for you. Also, fasting with your partner is going to get so much better as you will be able to experiment fast meals that suits both of you.
    I make mushroom soups for fast day dinners and hubby loves it. He keeps on asking me if its fast day today, because he knows that he will get mushroom soup if its fast day šŸ™‚
    Bali2015, you are such an inspiration. Both you and RobbieJ deserve this
    Clapping

Bali I guess, its a blessing for our families that they don’t find any junk food in house anymore, we are indirectly promoting and passing on healthy eating to our kids, so that they don’t have to go through the over weight/ obesity cycle.

GG, aren’t you a super start. Always ready to help. RobbieJ, I can vouch for GG’s awesomeness and her ability to cheer you up. shadowing sounds fun and interesting.

CG, hope you are feeling better now.

Another fast day for me today. I went a little over my TDEE yesterday but not worried about it as some days or the other it is bound to happen. Especially with the festive season around.

I plan on water fast all day and dinner tonight planned. Cucumber and cherry tomato salad with mushroom soup and an omelette with a sprinkle of cheese. (2 eggs whites, but 1 egg yolk) Its 8.40 am here and I am dreaming of dinner already.

Can someone please please please please help me with a magic pill to relieve constipation. I started metamucil on CG’s recommendation, still doesn’t help and I feel so so bloated still. Please let me know your magic mantra (if you have one šŸ˜‰ )

Looking forward to rest of weigh ins today and I will post my results after tomorrow’s weigh in….. FB

Good morning team. Nice to get a reply from the site regarding the glitch in the system over the last few days. All seems good now so thank you for the explaination.
    Well 9 weeks in and 9 k’s down. 85k today from 94k so all is going to plan. Yes, I’d love it to move quicker, but, it came on slowly and stayed so now it is going slowly to stay OFF for good! Constipation is a bugger when it happens, it’s a personal thing as in what gets you moving FB. I know nuts, fried onions and spinach often get me moving but I sympathise, it’s awful. I still feel bloated just under the bust, like a very high tummy which I have never had or noticed anyway, lower tummy is quite good so just fat storage to get rid of I guess! The more posts I read in the forums, the more I realise normal eating is the way to go on non fast days. Yes, sensible eating is the key but a lot of people just don’t count calouries other than fast days and have wonderful success. That is really making our 5:2 journey part of our lives rather than a complete obsession. Have a great day team, come and share your news and hints. My fast day was 2 yummy mangos for lunch, I bough so many last week whilst on special, so eating them up with relish! And dinner was a prawn salad, I was not hungry at all, really forced myself to have dinner….for the neutrition if anything! I guess the warmer weather helps too, I kept the fluids going, black tea, water and 2 cans of zero coke whilst wotking in the green house, really got hot out there. Sorry for going on with a long post, give us your news….have a great day, be good to yourself and enjoy living…CG xxx

YAY!!!!!!! its weigh in day…… I sincerely hope there is positive numbers for all of you on those scales today.

My week down south obviously has paid off … with all that beach walking twice a day & sleeping well at night. I must say that exercise and 5:2 go hand in hand …. a very good marriage.

ROBBIE- so pleased for you. You are lucky that your partner is going to help . It will make your planning with food choices easier. My offer still is open if you need me.

My beautiful FB- thank you for your lovely comment…I am sooo proud of you! You are doing so well & the confidence in your voice when we speak is wonderful.. I was so touched that my help has given you strength & confidence LOTS OF HUGS xxx

So to my weight news….. SW – 82.2kgs, CW -75.5 kgs……yes ! a loss of 6.7 kgs over 11 wks . This is AUSSIE DETERMINATION…. AND WE ARE DOING IT!

Looking forward to your posts . Have an awesome day Team……GO GAL

PS- A BIG THANK YOU to the FAST DIET SITE- for explaining why the glitches occurred & how to rectify them……….GO GAL

Morning GG is it 11 wks, my mistake, that means 10.5 for me not 9 weeks so 9k down in 10.5 weeks, sounds better cause I had a couple of no movement weeks….CG xx

Good morning everyone! Sounds like a happy weigh in all round!

Woo hoo…..well done Robbie! So pleased that those scales have started to move…..it’s a downward journey for you now, YOU CAN DO IT! Having your fast days sorted will be better for you too….I know that my body is really used to fasting on my regular days (Mon & Thurs)…and non consecutive fast days work better for me with weight loss..

Bali….wow 600 grams, that is a great result! Well done

CG & GG….yes it is now 11 weeks for us three (I started on 16 Sept) and haven’t we done sooo well! GG you are certainly going to make our 75 kg goal by 15th…and CG how nice to be in the middle 80s….I remember when you cracked the 90s…..soon you will in the 70s..

So here’s my weight news….start weight 83.6 current weight 75.4….so 8.2 gone for good! I am hoping to be 75 by Friday and then my next big goal is to be 70 by end of February…..like your goal FB I think? Have a great fast day today FB..

Have a great weekend everyone if I don’t hop on again until Monday šŸ™‚

Hi All, well I’m happy to say I was down another 600g after the two fast days this week even though I have been off the wagon for three weeks before this week and yesterdays fast day was over by 100cals 610cals in total. Very happy that I am down 5kg in about 3.5 months! Loving this!

Yes yes yes Foxy, That’s my Goal – 70 by end of Feb.
    Look we are in it together and so happy to hear that you lost that 1 kilo from the bloat. Well done Foxy. You and GG are well on the way to complete the challenge and get to less than 75 by 15 Dec.. šŸ˜‰

And CG, congratulations to you too. I am thinking if we all add up our losses, we have lost more than the weight of one human being… Hoot Hoot!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

FB, have you tried flaxseeds? Heat up some almondmilk (or other, you can use tea as well) with 1 or 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds in the microwave for a minute and munch on them with a spoon. It takes some time getting used to, but it works. I either use Alpro almond milk, or this Alpro Coconut/Ricemilk drink, it only has 20kcal for 100ml and no added sugar. On FDs I sometimes use herbal tea (less kcal) but I prefer a nutmilk of some sort. Don’t use regular milk! It will not taste good!

I also make flaxseed/oatmeal cookies from Erika at http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com But I make them with less butter and apple sauce instead of apple butter. Mine come out about 50kcal/cookie but I love them as a sugary treat instead of a healthy snack (too much sugar for a healthy snack for me).

2tbsp butter, softened
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    3tbsp flax seed
    1 egg
    1/4 cup oats
    1/3 cup apple butter
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon milk
    1/4 cup raisins

Pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees. Mix your wet ingredients together in one bowl, except for the milk. Mix your dry ingredients together in another bowl. Slowly pour your dry ingredients into your wet ones, and then pour the milk over the top. Mix together, and stir until you get a good thick mixture. Form your inch high cookie balls, and line them up on your non-stick pan (if you donā€™t have non-stick, thatā€™s ok ā€“ youā€™ll just have to use a little extra oil to keep your cookies from sticking. Just use the oil to grease the pan a bit.)

Bake for approx 15mins, or until you gauge that the cookies arenā€™t raw on the insides. Before you know it, pow ā€“ yummy cookies that have plenty of fiber in them and good stuff for your tummy!

Hey FC, thanks heaps for the recipe. And I will try flaxseeds today as I am desperate šŸ™

Here I go to buy some Flaxseeds now….

Hi FC thanks for the great recipe…CG

Fatbuster, I have that too, occasionally. If I’m really desperate, I make a pot of tea made with Dieters’ Slim Tea, in the green box with black and white writing. It’s quite potent, so one bag makes about a litre for me. I have this great big tea pot! I water it down and drink through out the day. Hope you rectify the problem soon šŸ˜‰

Oh! I stayed the same this week, but I took some measures, which I only do every four weeks, and have lost a few more cm’s So happy days! I “feel” lighter, too.
    I just use my AUSSIE DTERMINATION, and it gets me through, every day! Thank you guys for starting this thread, it’s awesome šŸ™‚

It’s 4.30pm Daylight saving time for some states. Most of us have posted . What an awesome week of positive results we have had !, whether it be on the scales or the tape measure.

Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is so strong! as well as the marvellous encouragement & support that we all give to one another.

I think of our other team members who are dealing with illness & other life issues that have not been on the thread for several weeks. My thoughts are with you, take care , best wishes.

Have an awesome weekend team…….. GO GAL

Oh, everyone is doing really well. As for me, same same no gain, so it’s not all bad! I find the afternoons and evenings the hardest. I do so well till school pick up and getting dinner ready then it all goes south!

I think chewing gum will be my friend for a while to get back on track, or re read the book!

Have a great weekend everybody.
    Reldz

Hi all, so this is weigh in day? Ok, I have lost a half a kilo this week and moved down to 72.7. Thought I was going to be 73 something forever. I have dropped a tad over 3 kilos in roughly 6 weeks. I wish I had noted exactly when I started. Loving this way of eating!
    Definitely high protein is the way to go for me. Yesterday, I was hungry for the first time because the fish I thought I was having for dinner was not available and I had to make do with a kind of soup. The kj’s were right but somehow not as satisfying. I am going to stick with my tried and true fast day menus for now. Congrats to all who lost this week.

Gg cg fatblaster and me all started the same day September 16 how funny

All you ladies are doing so well I am so proud of you getting so close to your goals

Unfortunately my journey will take a lot longer I plan to be 109kg or less only 1.5kg away, by Christmas day plan to be under 100 by mid March cairns short break.

Long term goal is to be under 80kg. For bali 2015 holiday mid September next year. Hence my name.

I would not normally give my weight but I hope others with a lot of weight to lose will follow my lead.

This is the easiest eating plan I have ever been on. Still following 11 weeks in unreal.
    Down 11.5kg over 50cm off all over gone forever.

For those hanging back just start what have you got to lose.

Bali2015, when I first started, June 1 this year, I was 99.5
    K’s, did 3 months founting calouries then joined 5:2, now 85k’s so….anything is possible! I’m sure you will be at your goal before you know it. I still have another 15k’s to go and in this for the long haul……take care…..CG xxxx

Ho all! 64.7 again for me this week. Which I’m happy with. I don’t usually lose every week so the past few months have been sort of extraordinary anyway :).

Bali2015, i started a little late on 4 oct 2014. It would have been so good to have found this WOL earlier than 4 oct.
    Well, better late than never šŸ™‚
    can’t agree more with you, love this WOL.

FC, hold on, you dont have much to loose now, i know last few kilos take time (if at all I can be in that situation ever, ha I wish!!! )

Just checked my tracker and was surprised to see that I too started on Sep 16! How strange! I was all over the threads then…until I discovered AUSSIE DETERMINATION. I don’t feel “invisible” here. šŸ™‚
    ps why do I always weigh less the day after weigh day!?!?

Ha, Lindanaf! I weigh more the day after, which really is not the way I want the arrow to go! Maybe I shouldn’t have had those fish and chips last night!

Thanks, FB. I fit into a UK size 12 right now so I’m definitely not going to be sulking about not losing for a few weeks. Especially not when I’ve been baking for Saint-Nicholas week. I’m way too grateful to have gotten where I am now.

Lindanaf, I think your fat cells know when you have to tell us all how you did so they latch on for another 24 hrs out of spite because they know you’re getting rid of them, consider it one last act of rebellion before they wave goodbye forever. I imagine them falling into an abyss – grasping trying to hold on – like Scar in The Lion King šŸ˜‰ I tend to weigh the least on Tuesday mornings, after my soup FD. I usually get through the day with less than 200kcal.

Good Morning AD
    Its my weigh in day today and …… Drum roll please………… Ta da ….ta da ….ta da……… Down by 1.4 kgs this week. Woo hoooo.

So, my brag :-
    SW – 4 oct 14 – 84.5 kgs
    CW – 6 Dec 14 – 75.6 kgs
    Total loss of 8.9 kilos (almost 9 kgs) in 9 weeks.
    Foxy, GG, think I can make to 75 kgs with you two by 15 Dec as well.

I have noticed that if I dont loose 1 week, I loose more or bigger loss comes in week after. Really really hope that I don’t jinx by saying this aloud. Ufffffffff……. The happiness of loosing 9 kgs. Woooo hoooooo

Congratulations, i’m an aussie also sometimes i dont show a loss but now fitting into my old jeans .Lost about 7Kgs so far.

Good morning and a big welcome to Fishing gran, you’ll enjoy the team effort, family atmosphere, and support now your part odf us.
    FB congratulations to you, what a great achievement for you but don’t be too dissappointed if next week you don’t see a loss.
    Lindanaf your NOT invisible with us, your part of our team and we are glad your here. It’s strange how the body reshuffles the fat and fluid after fast days, some weeks after weigh in I’m up a bit (400g this morning up from yesterday) and other weeks down, so yes, maybe it’s what we have for dinner on weigh in days!
    Have a great week end no matter what you do, let your hair down, you have earnt it, don’t be hard on yourself and enjoy life!….that’s the beauty of the 5:2 wol….CG xxxx

A BIG AUSSIE DETERMINATION WELCOME to Fishing Gran….. very soon you will be off your antihypertensive meds like our FOXY.

FATBLASTER- you are really living up to your call name.VERY VERY VERY well done!!!!!

The 15th is 9 days away…… We are looking good!

Catch you all tomorrow……….. GO GAL

Country … we have done it again
    So good to talk to you yesterday!
    How is “THE WAGON”?…….GO GALXXXX

Hi all, you are all doing so fantastically. I just recently started (today is day 6). I’m following the Fast Beach Diet Book doing alternate days fasting just for the 6 weeks. Going on a cruise at the end of January and want to get down to 100kg by then (started at 110 and now at 107.6). Anyone else going alternate days? I hope I’m not going to confuse anyone with my GG1 name (sorry GG).

Hi GG1 and welcome, no confusion, only one GG, good luck with your 5:2 journey, your doing well and welcome to our AUSSIE DETERMINATION team, I’m sure you’ll make your goal weight, even with Xmas coming up, this way of life, way of eating, is just so doable and rewarding.
    GG, I’ve sent you photos of my horses and wagon via email, I just love it,,,,CG xx

Hi CG, thanks for the warm welcome. I will keep visiting this forum because it is so encouraging. Chat again next week.

GG1…. WELCOME to AUSSIE DETERMINATION. You have done well thus far in 6 days. We will certainly give you all the support & encouragement you need on your journey with 5:2.
    You will find that after 6 wks you will want to embrace 5:2 as a WOL IT’S TOTALLY ADDICTIVE!!! plus the wonderful benefits of good health. Enjoy 5:2 and our team . Glad to have you on board.

The One ,The only GG……….GO GAL
    PS…. LINDANAF- I think its the cathartic effect that fasting has on your body. I too weigh less after a fast.

Thanks GG, CG and all others.
    I truly believe that the strength to go into every fast day comes from here. So very glad to have this thread as a part of my routine now.
    CG, i have had weeks without any loss. Last week was no loss or gain but I was not disappointed. This coming week, I am due for aunt flo and I know that I will be bloated like always, so I am prepared for no loss or even a bit of gain at next weigh in. I guess I have learned to trust this WOL (i think!! ) so I should be ok. I am only aiming for 600 grams until 15 dec, so if i get to that, i will be happy with myself, if not, its still ok, coz i can look back and smile at what I have already lost in weight.

Phew….. Too much talking from me šŸ™‚
    And GG1, a very warm welcome.

Fat buster! awesome loss this week! Yee Haah to you! Welcome to you fishing gran. Sounds a bit like what I want to be doing in a couple of years! Fishing that is…..uptightoutasight… I love fish and chips… and I do still have them! You can too! don’t feel guilty../just fast the next day. That’s why this is so doable.
    Flemishcurves, your description of my fat cells hanging on has me LOL ing! I do hope they fall into an abyss…forever! ..LOL
    Hey Go Gal, not sure what cathartic effect is…sounds very ..um..scientific. Hope it’s good! I think my fat wants to play games with me by jumping down the next day! But all said the fat is disappearing! off all of us! Go AUSSIE GO GO GO!

Wow, I always miss the busiest time on here.

lindanaf, it’s funny we just had a conversation about weighing less the day after weigh-in day because for the first time ever Saturday is a lighter day for me than Friday. And cathartic means cleansing, usually spiritually/psychologically.

CG, you are such a trooper even if the weight doesn’t fly off sometimes. It will definitely start up again for you.

Welcome to our newbies! You’ll love it here!

Enjoy your weekends, everyone. You sure do deserve it!

I made a very low cal pesto sauce yesterday. It’s from Mimi’s Fast Day cookbook and usually use it for tortilla pizza but throwing some pasta in it (with some cut up chicken filet) was absolutely devine. Just blitz 4 roasted red peppers, 2 garlic cloves, fresh basil, 2 TBS olive oil, salt&pepper. Enough for 4 people. Just add a bit of parmezan and you have a devine meal.

Yes, Lindanaf. I can! Just not too often. But it all sorts itself out in the wash eventually. I probably shouldn’t weigh myself every day but it is so tempting. Anyway, I know this is working and I know it is doable, so it’s true, doing this means no guilt when having a treat. Thanks for your message and welcome to fishing gran also.

Morning Girls… We have no boys since Andrew is on sabatical.
    Another FAST DAY is around the corner, gee they come quick.
    Hope the week is good to you all

LINDANF- I could picture those fat cells hanging on for dear life to different parts of the body & created a little cartoon in my imagination LOL…
    Good one PHLEGMISH & thanks for explaning the meaning of cathartic.

Have a great Sunday……GO GAL

Good morning team, we are getting the most beautiful gentle soaking rain the leaves in my garden are the most beautifil emeral green and all the flowers look iridescent as all the dust is washed off them Gee I love nature. As GG said another fast day is looming, everything I read seems to favor absolute normal eating, not counting calouries on non fast days and just sticking to the original 5:2 with such wonderful success, so please don’t be hard on yourself if you do over indulge, the tail off your lamb loin chops, the crackling off your pork, the bread roll you have a salad in, your wine or beer, the fish and chips, whatever! Our clever little 5:2 way of eating is so very forgiving and does work miricles. As it is a WAY OF LIFE AND EATING it has to be sustainable, not obsessive, and extremely doable long term. It may be a tad slower but in the long run still works out to 1 k a week no matter how you get there. Have a great day team, looking forward to an update from you Andrew, how is the chest infection? Enjoy your Sunday and get your iced tea in the fridge for tomorrow and have your meals planned team, saves all the “accidents” and picking……..CG xx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.