Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,701 through 7,750 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi everyone. It’s wk3 & 1st fast day of the week. Our 7yr old GS is still with us as he felt too ill to go to school. He really suffers a lot from colds & ear infections poor mite! I am so glad that I am no longer the mother of young children. Kids TV shows drive me up the wall!
    My stomach is rumbling madly, but I quite like the feeling I have fasting, especially in the morning. I have always been a breakfast person so am not used to it at all.
    I am def. not going to weigh except for the 2 days after FD’s from now on because the fluctuations do upset me. I know it’s illogical, but still….
    Thanks again for all the welcomes. I am used to typing in a forum that has individual diaries, but will get used to this format as I go.

Hi all. Wow PH you too have been through the mill healthwise. I think amny of us who are grandmothers have had helath issues in the past.
    Well yesterday was a bit of a blowout when it comes to wise food choices. Our lunch at The Holy Cow turned ot to be a bit of a dissapointment. They must have a different cook/ chef as the food was not as tasty. Then they had a loud music thing happeing plus mob at the next table arrived a bit tipsy and got louder and louder. On the way home I bought hubby a box of Lindt chocolates for Fathers day. Big mistake as i proceeded to eat half of them.
    Im still in recuperaton mode so not fasting today either.
    Enjoy your day team and remeber its just for today.
    XX Dawg

Doggy what a shame, we’ve all had times when really looking forward to things, they don’t turn out as expected. People at the next table are like neighbours, it’s just luck of the drawer, they can make or brake an experience. I’m sure your chockies went down well and deserved after your disappointing lunch. Do take care, fasting is best left until your are totally over your lurgy and feeling healthy again. The weather for the next few days aren’t great either so best inside days and staying warm. πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Cate, think of the rumblings as fat being dissolved ready to pass through you πŸ™‚ Totally agree with kids TV, they treat kids like idiots, why not have more educational shows for them? Ones parents can listen too and be involved in if questions are asked. No one talks to kids like that any more. For heavens sake, they are just “little” people. Rant over, fortunately my GK’s are high school age, so over those shows and actually tend to teach me things, in this new computer age πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Confession time team. I too had a blowout but it was just about all weekend! Don’t think I’ll bother listing it all but I firmly believe that with me one very bad choice leads to another, especially if it’s a fatty salty food. My chips I reckon last Friday (& I didn’t eat just 1 or 2) led me to all sorts of bad choices over the weekend, & once I let myself go I just add more….cos what’s it matter by then anyway?! That’s what I start thinking. And yes choccies for fathers day entered my list and Doggie I was the culprit too – and it ended up not being nice chocolate anyway.
    Never mind one of these days I’ll learn to just have a nibble or switch that first bad choice to something else, but I seem to be a slow learner. Bit depressed/down last week too with the family split dragging on and haven’t seen my grandies for such a long time. I let it get to me for a few days there. So let’s move on!!
    But spring is definitely in the air today & lovely sunshine. So back on top again & feeling positive. Heading out for a long walk with OH. Decided to just have a coffee this morning & try to extend my FD as long as I can. HB egg ready for when I crash or miso soup there too.
    Have a great FD to all those fasting today. Drink up your fluids, have a hot drink if it’s cold OR you’re feeling hungry (still amazes me how often I realise that I wasn’t hungry, just thirsty!), and plan your day ahead so you don’t get any calorie surprises. And BRING IT ON Aussie Determinators!! WE CAN DO IT!! suejen XXXX

Suejen I’m sorry hear there is still discord in your family, it is upsetting. Even putting it in the back of our minds, it’s still there. It’s natural to get upset, so share, don’t hold it in, we are laymen but know emotion being mothers and grandies πŸ™‚ so totally understand. Most of us have had upsets with family for one reason or another, but looking back solves nothing so watch the path ahead xx {{{}}}
    The blow outs are part of our life with 5:2 and pre 5:2 would not have been thought of as such. It shows the brain washing we do to ourselves is working, so enjoy those times, we get straight back into fasting with relish and get results. Have a happy carefree day my friend, this is YOUR life so enjoy πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Suejen ..this sounds so much like me when upset. Upsets with families are the worst but as CG says it is good to focus on the good things in life at the moment and hope for the best..you never know what is around the corner. We love our families whatever the situation and have to hope that things work out Ok. Do whatever makes you happy, going for a walk with OH sounds just the ticket. Sounds like you are all organised for fasting day.

Doggy sorry you had a disappointing day Bleu hopefully the choc blowout fixed that..now onwards and upwards..

Cate you are so lucky to have grandkids close to help care for. My only grandchild is in Canada so thank god for Skype. Have not seen him for over a year and so miss giving him a hug. But happy that my son and partner are happy and healthy..next one will be is Tasmania so should see him/her more often.

Good luck to everyone today. About to have lunch of 2 eggs and salad. My first food for the day..yummmmm

CG …thanks for the good advice about exercise..makes a lot of sense.

Ph I think you can “fiddle” a bit with that on NFD”s and your TDEE but on fast days it pays you to be honest to yourself I think, and hay, it’s only one day, even difficult ones like today, it’s freezing and a yummy toasted sandwich would go down so well…mmmmm, oh well tomorrow πŸ˜‰ Xxxxxx

The devil In me wants to make you all green with envy. Beautiful sunny 22 degree day, no wind..just perfect for gardening up here on the far north coast of NSW. Happy day

Well i am very green with envy, i am here in the uk we hav,nt had any summer.
    But that,s life enjoy your gardening going to do my work out to a DVD.

Sounds divine PH our turn will come πŸ™‚ and our tanks and garden will benefit from the rain. My tulips are loving the cold too, a lot of buds just ready to open πŸ™‚
    Welcome Adonea, are you joining us? CG xx

Thanks for your kind words & encouragement CG. I really needed that today. Had a lovely walk with OH though ran out of energy at 11.50 and had to have my HB egg. At least it gave me enough energy to complete the walk. You’re so right CG…it IS MY life & I can make of it whatever I want. {{ }}
    PH thanks for your words too. Yes we always hope for the best don’t we. suejen

Hi team,how are you managing, are you hanging in there, now is the tough time, just before dinner….remember…YOU CAN DO IT πŸ™‚ …..remember the benefits, the rewards and above all, your AUSSIE DETERMINATION……..BRING IT ON πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

CG would love to be able to grow tulips..they are beautiful. Survived the before dinner hungers with some miso soup I made to have on hand for the day and have just had dinner..I did it …ended with 479. Feeling full now and will be ready to retire and read a book. Hope you all have had a successful day also…go Aussie Determination✌?????

Hi All!
    Seems like a few of us went a bit off the rails this weekend…shows how much in sync we are!! I still believe this wol is the best! We can have these stumbles but it doesn’t mean the end of everything; we can pick ourselves up and get back to fasting and after one to two fast days we are back on track again. Remember, even when you fall flat on your face, you are still moving forward! πŸ™‚
    Cate – tummy rumbles are our favourite music!! Just imagine that’s the fat dissolving and smile every time it happens πŸ™‚
    Doggy – sorry your lovely lunch turned into a bit of a damp squid! Never mind; the choccies were a treat so don’t regret them. You are still not back to full health so be kind to yourself and take care xx
    SJ – I know exactly how you feel. Family troubles strike close to the heart and it is hard to keep going at times. I’m trying to compartmentalize my life, so that I only deal with our family crisis as and when I have to and the rest of the time, I try to enjoy what I can. Easier said than done, but you have a great OH and you have us and also your AD spirit! ((( ))) XXX BRING IT ON!
    PH – sounds like a perfect day up your way, we can enjoy it through you!! 😎
    Adonea – I’m in Ireland, so I know what you mean about the weather!!! Hope you’re joining us.
    CG – hope you’re still going from strength to strength and haven’t suffered any ill effects from all the mowing last week xxx
    I’ve been slacking lately at doing all the paperwork for my OH because of all the DIY, so I’ve got to knuckle down today catch up on it all….yuck!! Fasting too…..oh well, might as well get all the horrible stuff over in one day and look forward to tomorrow when I can have a treat and finish off dressing my new room!
    Hi to Lotus, YY, GG, MIlena, Gyps and all the gang – hope to hear from ye soon.

Fit, it sounds like it’s all behind you and I guess looking good πŸ™‚ how proud you must be feeling, a nice clean fresh room, all done by you, well done. Self satisfaction is a wonderful feeling. Good luck with your paper work, hopefully it keeps you busy enough to ignore hunger πŸ™‚ the mowing did take its toll, but still pleased I did it, now the weather has soured too so it’s behind me, but a few couch days and alls good. Physio tomorrow, so hope she irons out a few aches πŸ™‚ Enjoy your day xxxxxx

Hello Everyone

SueJen what are you doing having a blow out weekend and eating poor quality chocolate!!!!???? At times like that you need the best quality chocolate of all!

I do hope things get easier for you. Hard times in your family are the worst times of all.

Cate I hope you had a good Fast Day, and everyone else who fasted! I also wish my little granddaughter lived close enough to visit for the day! (But sympathy re the telly shows).

Could you send a bit of that lovely weather down Purple Hats?

Oh and yes, I will take two coats to the Op Shop, (the big red one and a black corduroy jacket) with many thanks to them for the last few years, but I will be THAT confident they will be too big next year! Hee hee!

Fast Day tomorrow. I am all ready and looking forward to it!

Ah CQ it was a bummer. It’s a new shop & I went in to get OH choc-coated aniseed rings which he loves & I can’t stand (so wouldn’t have eaten any choccy!). But they didn’t have any, in fact nothing with dark choc which he loves. So I bought choc turkish delight & rocky road. The turkish delight was so sweet (even for me) that he asked if I would mind if he threw the rest out this morning & I agreed! Rocky road was nice but not wonderful. So yeah all in all not a winner for me & won’t go back there.
    Fit I so agree I’m trying to compartmentalise my life too & deal with it only when I have to. Most of the time I’m succeeding but end of last week/weekend I didn’t quite manage to keep my head clear. Today is much better.
    Finished the day at 477 so all good. Even managed to make FB’s zucchini/cheese muffins today for brekky tomorrow (& for the freezer) & not eat or nibble at anything. One hot choc waiting for me after dinner. Long walk was 6 1/2 kms so have done plenty of exercise. Some of those hills were really mean too & my back is talking to me now. In fact I think it might even be swearing at me! Heatpack should fix it though.
    Hope you all managed to get through your day & even to enjoy the fact that fast days are fat busters too. BRING IT ON!! suejen XXXX

CG – hope your couch days help with the aches and pains and maybe the physio will iron out a few wrinkles while she’s at it!! πŸ˜‰ Got my paper work done and it did distract me for a while. Feeling very proud and pleased with myself and just waiting for new sofa to arrive to complete the job. So excited to see my daughter’s face when she arrives home on Sunday to see the new room πŸ™‚
    Cinque – keep giving away the old clothes and then you have no option but to keep shrinking and you have a great excuse to buy whole new wardrobe! πŸ™‚
    SJ – you are doing great and your positive attitude will see you through many a rough patch…keep it up! Brilliant FD too; you are definitely kicking ass!! πŸ™‚ Haven’t eaten yet today (it’s early afternoon), just one black coffee, green tea and water…..BRING IT ON!!!!!

Oh dear Suejen I know that chocolate Turkish delight, and rocky road! No wonder you felt disgusting! What can you do but laugh at how dreadful it was! You must feel so much better after today!

Fit and suejen, my heart goes out to both of you. Family issues can cause so much heart ache. YOU are NOT responsible for others happiness, if others choose to be miserable, that’s their choice. If nastiness is their way of life, that’s their choice. You have been given this life to live as YOU wish to, if you are not intentionally hurting others, and you are treat others with respect, you have nothing to answer for. It is OUR choice to rid ourselves, as best we can, of negative nasty people who do not bring joy or positive vibes into our lives. If other choose a destructive path to follow, that choice is theirs, we do not need to follow. Please know you are pure of heart, you are hurting, but the Universe will watch over you, try to close that door on pain, and live YOUR life as intended. Pretty heavy for this hour of the morning aye? but I feel for you both. Others can influence our whoe being and they have no right, we have no right to let them. YOU are only responsible for your choices, not others, so live YOUR life, if it means without certain family members, that’s their choice. Sermon over! πŸ™‚ xxxx

Aw, CG, you are pure gold. My situation is more one of loss and sadness than nastiness or deliberate hurtfulness. However, I take on board what you say about living my own life as much as I can – this is what I have been doing and keeping in mind the Serenity Prayer, as I mentioned before. So, I will do what I can to help others who are hurting more and I will close the door on the situation when I need to and get on with enjoying myself, without guilt or reproach. Thank you for taking the time to offer your insight and wisdom xxxx

Heart felt thoughts are with you Fit, situations differ with us all, but hurt is the final outcome. Please take care, love that prayer too, perfect for so many situations, and as I’ve mentioned before, I really try to live my life by the words of Desiderata. It’s not always easy, I am human, don’t have a halo, but I do my best. Enjoy your evening, 7.00am here, shower soon and see what this day has on offer πŸ™‚ xxxxx

No, it’s just gone 6:30am, golly I’m up early! πŸ™ just woke and craved a milky coffee, fast over, normal day today, yuuummm πŸ™‚ xxxx

Oh dear! Back from my mini cruise holiday and weighed in this am with a gain of 1.6. Really enjoyed the break. Lots of laughs and a great experience. Weight increase could have been worse I tell myself, so…….back on track with a FD today. Hope scales shift down a bit by Friday weigh in.

Fit I loved your quote re falling flat on your face, still moving forward, I will keep that in mind.

CG wise words about us living our lives for ourselves. Sometimes old habits die hard and when family upsets strike seems like they are hardest of all to see a clear pathway out if the woods.

Thanks for being here folks and hope there are rays of sunshine this week for all who are having troubles.

4sure, welcome back, how lovely to have been on a cruise. I went on one three years ago and it will NOT be my last. πŸ™‚ your little gain should be gone with a couple of fasts and well worth the memories which came with it. πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Thistime – love that quote too and try to keep it in mind whenever I’ve messed up – which is pretty often!!! πŸ˜† Cruise sounds fab and you have not gained much at all; you’ll be back on track in no time!
    CG – I was just wondering how early it was over there with you. You sure wake up firing on all cylinders, the way you launched into your ‘sermon’ without even a shower first….I’m well impressed!! πŸ™‚

Good morning. They need to make cruises that have built in Fast Days!

Morning Team I’ve enjoyed my 2 low-cal zucchini muffins for brekky with butter. Yummo. Rest in the freezer so can’t be gobbled up.
    4sure glad you enjoyed your cruise and 1.6kg is a mere trifle after that! It’ll be gone in no time with 5:2.
    Thanks for your sermon CG! Your thoughts are appreciated. We’ve yet to work through what relationship is left between my daughter and me….time will tell. The ball is in her court & sometimes the waiting gets to me. But shutting that door now & getting on with today. Compartmentalising!
    Fit you’re going to get more & more excited as Sunday draws nearer aren’t you!! Hope your daughter loves her room to bits.
    Another lovely spring day here & might spend quite a bit of it in the garden. It really does draw you outside doesn’t it. Who was it mentioned tulips? We have 2 red beauties out our bathroom window & 2 more to come. The purple iris are out in spots & lots of natives in flower.
    Enjoy your day all and choose healthy fabulous foods that will love your body back. suejen XXXX

Hi all, I am subscribed but am not getting notifications. Annoying. In other news 28 here in Bris vague as. About to havelunch with friends but we are all trying to be good so shouldn’t be too bad. Was supposed to be just coffee but with hold ups it is turning into lunch.

So many posts & you are all so good at connecting with one another. I will try to get better at it. I love the rumbling being fat being dissolved. That’s what it was πŸ™‚ Another .5kg gone this morning. I was ravenous for most of the day yesterday & have to work out what works for me. This Thursday I am going to place a day’s food in a container & eat bits of it when I’m hungry & see how that goes. Does everyone have different ways of staving off the hunger. Soup has not worked with me at all. I think a boiled egg or 2, cucumber, carrot, celery etc might be the best way as that is what I did 1st FD. Anyhow the hunger is worth it. I have now lost 2kg in the 2.5 weeks since I started & that makes me happy!

Our grandchildren live really close & that is lovely. Our son & his wife split up about 4 years ago & she lives about 10km away & our son lives about 2km away, so we are very lucky there. He has them 3 nights out of every week. This week I helped her out. I told her when they split that she will always be the mother of my grandchildren & if she needs me I will try to help. She is not easy to get on with, but I am actually grateful that they are no longer married. She seems happier & so does he & the GK’s are well adjusted. I’m very grateful that they are nearby!

Cate that’s wonderful news for you, often after a split, the sons parents rarely see the GK’s, and it’s lovely she is a bit easier with you, it happens so often certain people can bring out the worst in each other so the split sounds like it was a good idea. Kids are resilient and get on with life, and if all family members are still a constant, no real loss is felt. Your fast day plan sounds like it will work, I tend to go most fast days on drinks till 1.00-200 then have soup or a salad or hard boiled egg with tomato wedges (depending on weather) and dinner around 6.30-7.00 but different days offer different options, like if busy, I can often go till dinner just on drinks. Go with what suits you, there is no hard or fast rules as long as you stick with 500 cals :), some days are easier than others too πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Cate I made up today with what I missed out on yesterday, I was starving, unusual for me after a fast, but started with a cooked breakfast….. And have been picking all day! No reason, just piggish, big fat grain roll for lunch with butter! and a mixed grill cooking for dinner. So very big food day, but rare, and another fast will help. πŸ™‚ but no guilts, all good food too xxxx

Hello team!!
    Fit, SJ… Hugs my dears… This too shall pass… My MIL provides us with our share of family drama so I can understand going back to emotional eating.
    CG – just read your posts , as usual full of wisdom and kindness…
    I am “back” on thread – had an exciting last couple of weeks as bought an investment property in Brisbane – which involved more paper and day trips etc than we thought!! Anyway, fasting was still on but my weight hadn’t dropped as I simply was too tired and busy to eat well the other days. ( I feel ravenous on non-FDs…). So I am going to log in everyday here and strive to lose the next ten kilos to target weight.
    Work computer still doesn’t like this thread (sees the website alright but does not download thread) so writing from my phone πŸ™‚

Hi All!
    Lovely day again here, so bit of an Indian summer for us…..anything that keeps winter away for another while is alright by me! 😎
    SJ – will be skyping my daughter today and don’t know how I’m going to keep the excitement off my face! The room I’ve done up is not her bedroom but the den she and her sister use all the time and where they entertain their friends etc. It used to be our sitting room, but we built on an extension with an open plan kitchen, dining and living area where OH and I now spend most of our time. Glad you’re in positive mood again and enjoying the emerging spring flowers….it’s a beautiful time of year. πŸ™‚
    UP – enjoy the lunch; you know how to make healthy choices and a FD will take care of any slip-ups! Time out with friends is healthy too!! πŸ™‚
    Cate – sounds like you have a good plan; I used to have small breakfast and small evening meal but found I was beginning to feel hungry during the day so now I don’t have breakfast and have all my cals in the evening. This seems to be working better at the moment. Make sure you drink lots and lots of fluids because you are often thirsty, not hungry. Also you can get dehydrated easily on a fast day because we get alot of fluids through our food on a non FD, so you need to compensate for that. You are a super gran to put feelings aside for the sake of the grandkids and so you can remain an important part of their lives….well done!
    CG – you have this wol sussed!!! Hope all went well with physio…did she iron out everything? πŸ˜‰
    Lotus – so good to have you back!! Thanks for kind words. Congrats on property investment, wishing you the best of luck with it!! Xx
    Hi to everyone else…enjoy the rest of your week πŸ™‚

Hi Fit, yes she was quite impressed with my progress and added another exercise for me to do. She is concentrating on the strength in my right leg returning, and tests it each visit, and saw marked improvement. I asked about the soreness, she said, ” are you taking it easy at home?” I said “usually”, her reply..”.and pigs might fly! πŸ™‚ “yes she knows my get up and go…. But things need doing and my incentives are returning and not being a bludger by nature, well, I get into things/chores πŸ™‚ but feel I’m being gentle with myself. We had news today my GD is having her spinal operation early October for scoliosis. She is a beautiful girl, looks and gentle nature, very studious, in fact her biggest worry is being away from school, she’s 14…. So we are all on tender hooks now for her. ……and it was only discovered by accident when she requested she has a massage which my daughter shouted her during the last school holidays. Then followed xrays etc and now this op is pending. So as you can imagine, so many prayers are being sent. Enjoy your evening and hope your Skype call went well πŸ™‚ xxxx

So much news to catch up on after only one day. So many good stories and some not so happy ones.
    Suejen. Keep the love and hope there with your daughter. It is amazing what time will do. Miracles do happen sometimes.
    Well done Cate with keeping connection going with DIL very important for grandkids..and all the family..
    Fit . Skyping is so great. Had a three way hook up with my son and 4 yr old grandson in Canada, any my youngest son in Tassie this morning for about an hour. Just so special..
    4sure..nice to meet you and sounds like you have had a very successful cruise on,y gaining. 1.6…
    CG . Hope everything goes well with GD. They can do wonders these days and the young are so resilient..will add my prayers as well.

Hi to everyone else as well. Have decided to make my FD Monday and Wednesday as I organise all of my appointments on Thursdays and it was difficult last week. So am reasonably organised for tomorrow. Just have to make the miso soup in the morning for when the hunger sets in before dinner.
    Time for lights out and sweet dreams??

Great to hear the physio was impressed with your improvement, CG, but she certainly has the measure of you and you will not be able to pull the wool over her eyes!! So take care and do what you’re told!! Will keep your GD in my thoughts and prayers; I’m sure everything will go well for her, especially if she had you rooting for her! Xxxx
    PH – glad you enjoyed your skyping too; it’s a modern miracle and has made a huge difference to families all over the globe whose children and grandchildren have been scattered to the four corners of the earth. You sure are well organised…keep up the good work!

Good morning team, thank you girls for the prayers for my GD, I told my daughter, who is awfully worried, that it’s now up to God and the Doctors, so all will be well, drizzly miserable looking morning here today, not a lot of incentives to keep check on cal intake when toasted sandwiches could be the go. Hay 5:2 is very forgiving and we are allowed a lot of variety through our normal days because this is NOT a diet but a way of life. Having the losses behind us, and with more to come, enables us to NOT be so restrictive in our choices because we don’t eat as much. Where one and a half or even two may have been the norm in the past, these days one is filling enough πŸ™‚ It’s the same with all our meals it’s portion control! I hope our sickies are on the mend and the rest are staying well and active, not just phiscally but mentally too. If you can find time daily try a crossword, sudoko, scrabble on line (like I do) or anything you enjoy that keeps the mind active πŸ˜† The addage “move it or loose it” doesn’t just point to our joints as we age πŸ˜‰ and you find some of these game quite addictive πŸ™‚ Happy day team, be positive in what you do and if your attitude is joyous, so will your day be πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

CG – I’m sure your daughter must be very worried; it’s only natural. When one of my daughters had to have a small operation, I looked so awful the nurse wanted to give me a sedative!! I know you will be a great support to both your daughter and GD – not only because of your nursing expertise but also your recent surgery. They are lucky to have you.

Thank you Fit, I hope your right. I adore this kid, was at her birth too and she has been a joy from day one. Sure, I’ll put a confident front on for my daughter but inside will be jelly. My nursing was mainly age and disability care, or post op, but have already offered to go down to stay during the day when they are at work. Naturally they are going to have a couple of weeks off, shared between my daughter and her OH, and I can sleep at my son’s whose only around the corner, which means my boys can stay there too, it’ll all work out I’m sure πŸ™‚ You must be close to bed time, sleep well, happy dreams xxxx

CG- I think I’ll go with waiting until 1 to have anything & then having a salad & then a small evening meal with my husband, G. He’s very supportive. I think the hunger on Thursday was because I had played golf the day before, so I’m going to eat more today(especially protein). Re the DIL- It is much easier to get on well with her now I rarely see her. The kids are great kids & although she has serious mental health problems she has done well.
    I wish your grand-daughter all the best with her op. I know it’s almost impossible not to worry about them, but it doesn’t help anyone, especially yourself. It’s lovely that you have a special bond with her & your daughter is lucky to have your support.

Fittoretire- Thank you! I really appreciate those kind words. It’s lovely being a grandma so it’s worth it. I never criticise her & defend her when the kids grumble. I say that she’s doing the best she can & that being a parent is not easy. They are such good kids & are smart.
    I will make sure I drink lots of fluids. The more I drink the more my stomach rumbles!

purple hats- Thank you. It’s well worth the effort with my DIL as I have been able to have a lovely relationship with the GK’s. What part of Tassie is your son in?

I’m off to golf today & am hoping for a better game than last week. That’s the joy of golf. You are playing to better your handicap. It’s one of the few sports that the worse you play the more, the more exercise you get. That has to be a win/win situation, doesn’t it?

Just you being there will be a great comfort to them all, I’m sure CG. Please take care of yourself too and don’t undo all the progress you have made. It’s just gone midnight here but I’m not sleepy yet….bit of a night owl! You’re an early bird….looks like we’re opposites!! πŸ™‚

Thinking of your GD, CG. Prayers for a successful op for her…

Thanks for your ongoing support team, I’ll keep you informed as things happen…..and Lotus lovely to see you back, hope the property deal goes well for you……..what’s happen to Taco? Anyone know? Oh well breakky over, shower time, golly I take a long time to get moving in the mornings, I start watching a doco on Foxtel, and just sit! I guess it’s not time wasted as you never stop learning no matter our ages πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Hi all.

What a beautiful day, we are so blessed to live in this great country.

CG you must have am amazing relationship with your daughter to be blessed with the opportunity to be present at the birth of your GD. So good! Will pray toy your D also as I know what she I’d feeling. My D was discovered with a growth in her spinal cord when she was 21. Gut reaching …but as I mentioned before they are amazing when young and take it all in their stride. It is the parents and grandies who have lived life that are the most mentally effected.. I too play scrabble on line and enjoy the stimulation.

Cate. My youngest son , early 30’s, lives in Hobart at the moment but has just purchased an amazing 1 acre block of land at Boat Harbour. Glorious views where he will personally build his second house. He taught himself to build his first on from reading books and talking to people. Did a short owner builders course which is required to become an owner builder, talk about positivity…environmentally friendly of course..even made his own paint by blending custard powder with something in the blender. Looks great……the young have no fear of failure…….since then he has been lucky to find his partner who comes from a dairy farm close by Boat Harbour and has a beautiful big close family there, which he is very lucky to have become part of. I so admire the young of today who see everything is possible and just go for it..

Have a great day everyone and enjoy every moment you can???

Hi all. I have just had a bit of a speed read so won’t answer to you individually. I just want to warn you all. Should you come across anyone with the flu, run away don’t walk. After being on the mend for a few days I’ve had a relapse. I have not done anything stupid it’s just happened. It seems to be the nature of the beast as a neighbour up the road has had a similar experience. So I’m still not fasting and have not had any exercise for three weeks now. I’m not here to whinge as I’m sure it will all B off soon. I’m just feeling P……..ed off.
    XX Doggy

Ph your Sons positively and fear of failure is a reflection on you and how you raised him. I believe their lack of fear is due to knowing they have parents who they can fall back on, not so much financially but moral support πŸ™‚ his home and family sound lovely. Yes I’m very close to my daughter, not so much that we live in each others pockets, but advise is always on offer when asked for, or a shoulder, I’m her number one fan, so give her confidence in herself when she does doubt herself. She, like her daughter both have soft loving natures, sure she fires up when necessary but she is just wonderful. Very happy marriage which is a blessing for any mother to know too. We are more like friends and with only 20 years between us, my young outlook (on most things, others we clash on) but I’m very luck. My Son and I are the same, but being a male, he tends to hold a lot in πŸ™ and then at times, just pours it all out to me, knowing I’ll support him. I’m so glad you have joined us, as you can see, we don’t just discuss what to eat! πŸ™‚ we are all normal women with normal lives and often need to share πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Oh Doggy, how bloody annoying! What a retched time your having. Well my friend more rest is the order, stay warm, lots of fluids and take care. 5:2 should be the last of your worries at the moment. Eat up and something that the taste buds can enjoy, or at least start working again! I often think that is a benefit of living not only where I do (slightly isolated) but on my own too, the contact with sickies are rare now and fortunately I haven’t had a cold/flu for years, still have the injection not wanting to tempt fate and I’m out in all weathers to the paddock. Just luck of the drawer Doggy, thoughts are with you πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 7,701 through 7,750 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.