Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,651 through 7,700 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all again, have just read the latest posts. Thanks for all the welcome messages. I am also new to forums, never participated in one before and have only just refound it..is there a way to save it somewhere so I can find it easily? Also can you recommend an app to help with counting calories. I am using an iPad. Good luck to all for tomorrow.

Hi act. Not too bad but very hungry right now. Waiting for hubbie to cook me dinner of whiting and veg which will take me to 485 . Drinking water.

Purple, download My Fitness Pal, it’s free, to count your daily calories, also tick the box at the bottom of your post, your replies are emailed to you. Your day. Sounds perfect πŸ™‚

Hi Purple Hat, to save this topic there is a place, just above where you reply, where you can save it to favourites. Then, when you go to your profile, you can click on ‘Favourites’ and it will be there!

HI All just waiting for my dinner to heat up. I need it just to warm me up it’s been such a cold day! I’ll finish my day after dinner with a hot choc at 426, still allowing that extra 50 in case MFP is wrong & my recipe is 50 cals higher! But still under 500 anyway. 2 lots of exercise today Pilates & then a 45 min walk. Have also drunk lots fo water & hot drinks. I’ll know it tonight when my bladder tells me to get out of bed in the cold!
    Hope you’ve all had a good day & stuck to your plans with aussie determination. And after that all I can say is BRING IT ON ie weigh-in day tomorrow! Best of luck CQ & PH for your first weigh-in….hope you get an encouraging result. Well….we’re all hoping we get that!! Have a good night all & don’t cave in now if you’ve been good all day. Boil the kettle and have another hot drink. My cinnamon or cinnamon & orange tea does the trick for me with a touch of sweetness. Licorice tea also hits the spot.
    suejen XXXX

Hi All!
    Well I’ve finished the wallpapering and I’m knackered!! But, very satisfied that I got it done all in one go….it was just the chimney breast but there were lots of fiddly nooks and corners to deal with, so not very easy. I made a right pig’s ear out of some the pieces going around shelving, but I’m applying the ‘man on a galloping horse’ rule; so I’m not going to worry about them.
    SJ – you are very dedicated to sticking to your plan and I’m sure you will see the results tomorrow. I couldn’t wait until this evening for my Irish stew because I was starving when I finished the DIY, so it’s 4pm here now and I’ve just eaten it all up….delish!!
    PH – follow the great advice you have just received and you will soon be an old hand at this wol. Best of luck to you and Cinque for your weigh-in tomorrow.
    CG – well done on sticking to your plan despite Jamie Oliver!!! Enjoy the lamb tomorrow, one of my favourite meats too.
    My niece who had the baby in Sydney in May arrived home early (by ten days) to surprise her parents…..great joy and excitement all round – can’t wait to see her and new baby! πŸ™‚

Hi all, well first weigh-in and lost 1kg. Stoked considering only one fast day and just getting to know everything. Next week will be my first full week.
    CG I have downloaded my fitness pal this morning and looks good. Can now start tracking food and exercise, have not been counting calories to date except on my one fast day.
    Also thanks to all re finding forum and posting. Am getting better.
    Looking forward to trying some of the Recipies on the thread. What are courgette noodles? They seem to be in most Recipes..
    We have just retired off acreage and now live at Nana Glen which is a very small village in the hinterland behind Coffs Harbour in NSW. Very beautiful and the home of bananas and blueberrys. We have our own veggie garden and what I can’t get from that I get from the local farmers market.

Hi all and welcome Purple Hats.
    I must have accidentally unsubscribed and was wondering why I wasn’t getting emails.

No news here except that after 2 fasts I am up a few hundred grams! I did have a lot of macarons to finish off but I’m thinking this is some kind of Blip, like my lack of notifications!

Never mind, you win some you lose some.

Cinque, if you have questions about me, just ask here!

I’m off to my one day of work per week. I haven’t time to write to individuals as I am behind with these posts now.
    Another lovely day here.

Have a good day all.

Good morning team πŸ™‚ Fit I bet everything looks lovely after all your hard work, how rewarding, and stop looking for “mmmm’s” only you will notice the pigs ears! Time for a congratulatory wine πŸ™‚
    Suejen, hope the fast went well, yes, the night time piddles are a pest.!
    Purple well done, next week you will feel the incentive now you know how easy 5:2 is and having MFP to help is a blessing πŸ™‚ very east to use and helpful. Sometimes confusing as it gives multiple counts for the same thing but if really concerned, check it on the web πŸ™‚ but overall it’s a great app. It also act as your tracker so it’s easy to keep check on.
    Well only just up, lost a K so sitting on 76k AGAIN I seem to zigzag up through the week, grrrrrrr, but like I said, these meds I’m on have a major problem of weight gain so I’m pleased to be holding my own and not really having a problem. Next week should see me back to my (plateaued) weight prior to my op πŸ™‚ so looking forward to this challenge BRING IT ON. Close to 12 months for us originals and with 23k gone for good, I couldn’t be happier. My joints/back just could not handle carrying all that extra fat. I am looking good, still getting compliments, in fact yesterday was asked if I’d lost more weight “you look like you have dropped another few k’s) so things are still on the up ‘n’ up πŸ™‚ I will have another weight check before my shower, and team remember, often the loss shows lower on the Saturday morning for some reason πŸ™‚
    Happy day to you all, will check in later xxxxxxxxx

PH – what a great first loss, you’re on your way now. Your home and garden sound lovely so make the most of them!
    Upt – I’m sure you’ll be back on track in no time……I bet the scales are just having on off day!
    CG – you should be so proud to have lost a kg with all the meds, pain and frustration you have had for the last while. What a great milestone….a year!! Not to mention 23kg gone; that’s some achievement. No wonder we all look to you as our fearless leader xxx
    Just about to head off to bed after struggling through my FD; was very cold and tired for most of the day – probably a combination of fasting and DIY. Will have my celebratory drink tomorrow night…..I feel a peach schnapps coming on!! πŸ™‚

Well team my scales didn’t behave either. Lost .3kg to finish at 70.5 so not much of a loss this week. Surely next week I have to hit 69 again! Will stick to MFP like glue over the next 3 days to try and start the week at a good number. And then use my aussie determination to get there. Gotta head out to work…talk again later and see how everyone went. Suejen xxxx

IT’s weigh in day!!!!! well after doing a B2B and FD yesterday so really a (4:3). I am 70.5kgs…lose of .5kgs ….nothing wonderful… however did so enjoy all that awesome Aldi almond chocolate.
    Well done PH… you are on your way!
    Team its this cold weather that is holding us back ..despite our exercise and food choices. WE CAN STILL DO THIS!!!
    Hope the other weigh ins today will be positive…..GO GALxxxxx

Hi all you ADers. I am popping in to say that although I have been MIA for a while, I am still keeping an eye on the thread now and then, cheering your successes and commiserating with the bad times. Things just got too busy for a time there, but I hadn’t forgotten you.

You continue to inspire the team, CG. I hope you are improving, I suppose the medication you mention is to do with the op? I missed the results of that, trust all went well for you. I have heard on other threads that pain medication can affect the weight loss process.

Welcome, Purple Hats. Mmmmm… blueberries πŸ™‚

Hi all. I’m just in time to still say good morning. I’ve just got home after doing some grocery shopping plus other chores. It’s a lovely sunny day and I’m slowly starting to feel better. My weight is up the odd bit to 70 Ks but I’m not too concerned. Once I’m over this darn lurgie I’ll start fasting again today I bought some Atlantic salmon that I’m going to do for dinner with a salad. It’s been too cold for salads but I’m looking forward to one tonight.
    CG WOW that’s some weight that you’ve lost in a year. That is wonderful and you deserve all the compliments that come your way. I’d love to lose another 5 Ks. I’m sure it will be easier with the warmer weather. I’ve just seen a couple of nice tops I fancy but want to be able to fit in it a size 12 which is ideal for my height.
    Enjoy your day team and its Friday!

GG we’re the same weight & much the same losses. I did 2 very good FD’s & lost .3, you did 3 and lost .5…….as you say nothing wonderful! My goal is 64kg – what’s yours? Will be interesting to see who gets there first & how far away it is.
    CG congrats on losing that weight when you’re on meds. When I was an asthma educator I had so many ladies despair when they had to be on corticosteroids because they put on so much weight. So if you’re either holding your ground or losing some 5:2 is looking after you extremely well!
    UT I sympathise with you gaining weight after doing 2 fasts. I’ve only done that once and it was a bummer. But yes it is just a blip and very unusual thank goodness!

Well over to MFP now to work out my day & stick to my TDEE till I hit the 60’s. GG the race is on but………I’m not doing B2B’s to keep up with you!! Have a good day all and enjoy the tastes, sights and aromas of the foods you allow yourself to eat today. Watch your portion sizes too. Yes you can have anything you want, just not truckloads of it!! suejen XXXX

Doggie you sound soo much better – welcome back! We’ll look forward to having you back in full swing with us next week and feeling fully recovered. XXX Glad you didn’t put on too much either…that’s excellent news after such a bad time.

Hi team, lots of action, the loss you are experiencing is wonderful especially under such cold conditions. Our body does not always obey our command and will take care of itself. We try, we eat the right things, we count everything and often to no avail, but IT is happening. Our systems get so used to any food path we follow, we can have a pig out or eat absolute minimum and still nothing changes. Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is keeping us healthy and in check. We have all come such a long way, and to worry about the odd K or .5 of a K is futile! We all have food in transit, we will probably carry a bit extra because of the cold weather, our body is protecting us for warmth, but nobody is adding heaps, no one is dropping the ball, we are within our range, so be proud of yourself. A year ago we carried so much extra dangerous fat around with us and that has gone. We are all vain enough to want to be a size or two lower, but hay, you are healthy, it shows in your face, you are IN CONTROL πŸ™‚ it is a credit to you all. It’s relax time now, pressure is off, portion CONTROL will keep things balanced, so enjoy today and your week end, 5:2 is not a diet, it’s a way of life. I just came in from mowing over the last two hours, couple of brakes as ordered by my physio, but I feel alive again! Even though it’s cold out there, I dressed for it with a polar fleece jacket over my jeans. So do something you love and get pleasure out of, no matter how mundane other may think it is, life is for living so make the most of it. Happy day team πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Hi SJ , My goal weight is 68kgs. I am zig zagging so much with this plateau specially over the past 4 weeks. As much as I would love to be there on the 15/9/15,I am going to have to be more deligent with my fast days and not have the SAV or milky coffee and the chocolate as I have been very guilty of. I am proud of my loss of 11kgs.Most of my loss did come off over the summertime…….SO BRING IT ON…….GO GALXXXXXX

PS…….. ONYA CG very true words and advice in your post…HUGS……GO GALxxx

Morning everyone, don’t have time to read the posts darn it. Have to hurry off to take over for my SIL so she can shop etc.
    Just come back from a forced march …. OH is getting jacked off with FD’s interfering with some plans and wants to hurry things up! He is just over 6ft and I’m 5ft so when I say forced march I’m not exaggerating by much!! πŸ™‚
    Would love to have a read but will settle for this and read tomorrow. Having to do a FD today as yesterday didn’t work. TTYS. YY xx

Oh YY I’m with you on that front. OH and I are much the same and yes I get to do forced marches too! His worst is when we shop or go to a cafe or similar. He gets out of the car & he has an automatic sprint button or something – he’s over the road & off while I’m still getting myself out. Annoying!!
    Have a good FD won’t you & we’ll look for your weigh-in tomorrow. PS I had to google your TTYS/TTYL as didn’t know what it meant! Sad isn’t it. XX

Yes, it must have been those pesky scales, Fit, I’m sure you are right.

Turned up at school today to take a class that had to make coconut ice for Father’s Day. Does the temptation ever end?! Just had a tiny sliver but it was yummy and not as sweet as I remember. This one was blue and white!

I had a salad for lunch but i will have a wine tonight.
    Have a great weekend all.

Hi All!
    Loving all the chat here and great to hear from you again, Barata. How are things going for you?
    SJ – slowly but SURELY you are getting there, that’s the important part of this wol. It might be a little frustrating but we all know that slow loss is better for the wrinkles (what wrinkles? πŸ˜‰ ) and more sustainable too.
    GG – you too are on the steady path to your goal; it’s just around the corner so you’ll be there very soon – keep up the good work!
    Doggy – you’re getting your mojo back! Everything will fall back into place as soon as you’re firing on all cylinders again. Take care and don’t bring on a relapse xx
    CG – so glad you felt able to go out mowing and the sense of achievement will give you an added glow….I bet there’ll be more compliments coming your way!! πŸ™‚
    YY – had to laugh when I read about your ‘forced march’! I am reasonably tall (or was for my generation!) – 5’7, and my friends always complained that I walked too fast. I don’t do strolling!! Now, I’ve learned to try and match my pace to others instead of pelting along as if my ass is on fire πŸ˜†
    Up – sounds like you have a good plan for the day and you managed the temptation very well! Good for you!
    Please stop talking about cold weather causing weight gain or slowing down the losses…..remember I’m facing into autumn/winter now and my summer was very short!!! πŸ™
    Have a great weekend, everyone.

Wow coconut ice! My mum was really good at making that! It was her best party food. She made it white, in bright coloured patty pans, and then skewer some bright coloured popcorn on toothpicks, and stick several of them into the coconut ice! It looked gorgeous and what a treat they were!

Cheers to everyone weighing and measuring! Congratulations and commiserations as it goes! I am a bit excited about reaching my one year doing this. I wonder what I will be like then! Only 10 months away!

I’ve had a bit of a snacky day. First one since I began on the diet. Cashews and strawberries. I guess if I only have one every couple of months, that will be okay. We’ll see.

Just watching Gina Riley interviewed on telly, there is a new comedy show coming up with her, Magda and the gang. Woot! (Oh damn, it is on foxtel, I don’t have that)

HI All my day took a turn when we decided to go down to the newly renovated beach cafe near us to have lunch. And then……I chose fish and chips cos it’s such a favourite of mine, plus wasn’t a big menu (despite their chatter about a fab new menu). Anyway it was delicious. So…the soup I had planned for lunch we’ve just had for dinner. But OH was disappointed that they didn’t even have ANY cake/biscuit/etc at the cafe for lunch (sob sob poor man!!), so I said I’d cook him something tonight & he chose self-saucing chocolate pudding. So it’s just gone in the oven & I have to try and restrain myself. I have some very small like creme brulee dishes so I’m going to serve mine up in one of those. Wasn’t quite what I’d plugged into MFP at all! So I’ve fixed that all up & I’ve managed to keep to to my TDEE…..just. Plus a small glass of sav.
    CQ if you only have a snacky day every couple of months you’ll do well. We all have them from time to time.
    CG hope you’re OK after a couple of hours of mowing? If so that’s great!
    That’s it from me. Hitting the couch to watch whatever. suejen XXX

Hi suejen, well done sticking to your TDEE….I too was invited out for lunch yesterday and decided on the fillet steak with mash and snow peas. Steak was the melt in your mouth kind wrapped in bacon wrapped around it. Found it hard to hand over the last third of this with most of the mash to hubbie as it was a big piece of steak..but I did it…. Luckily they did not have the fish & chips on the menu, but my friend had wedges so had to pinch one of those. Also found it hard ordering soda water instead of wine ..only just managed to keep to my TTEE. Up for another challenging day today. Off A small country race day at Grafton, loads of fun, with a group that involves a sausage sizzle lunch. Thinking of taking my own salad and eating that somewhere quiet..should be able to have a wine or two then during the afternoon…
    CQ. I too remember my mums special coconut ice. Yummy…

Good morning team, “normal” day today so ENJOY….. you CAN have that wine, you CAN have that treat…..don’t let 5:2 seem like a restrictive diet, it’s part of our life NOT all of it. Today we can live as we want, no restrictions, enjoy that lunch out at your favourite cafe, that fabulous meal you planned, the friends who invited you to share some fun times πŸ™‚ remember PORTION control, but that WILL come naturally because your appetite is so much smaller. When you think back to how much you could pack away,it seems incredible, unbelievable as these days, we have learnt to push the plate away with food still on it and with no guilts of ” finish what’s on your plate” πŸ™‚ how wonderful we are all in CONTROL of what we eat and the Portion we eat
    We know the benefits and we have all seen the results. Life does not offer the same problems when thinking of food any more πŸ™‚ we know we can have that bit of cake guilt free and find a lot of the time, don’t even feel like it. We don’t eat out of habit anymore, we eat when hungry and THEN only the amount we feel comfortable with. We don’t eat till we feel we will burst! WE ARE IN CONTROL πŸ™‚ what a lovely, proud feeling. We are all healthier, slimmer, and looking better than we have in years, all because WE ARE IN CONTROL. And the temptations that life offers….BRING IT ON….WE CAN DO IT πŸ™‚
    Well my AUSSIE DETERMINATION had me on the ride on yesterday and it felt exhilarating but the vibrations of the tractor has left me slightly sore but proud of tackling a chore which I love, and needed doing, so I’m glad it’s done, looks great, and with the drizzle which we are getting now makes me pleased it’s done πŸ™‚ Most of what we tackle is a mind game, even a sink full of dishes, once it’s done, it wasn’t as hard as first thought, didn’t take as long as expected, and once finished, that sense of satisfaction is rewarding πŸ™‚
    Have a relaxing, guilt free day team, don’t follow a path, get out and make your own track, try something different, something you haven’t done for ages, something YOU enjoy and brings you pleasure, it’s YOUR day so don’t waste it, tomorrow will be here before you know it and today will just be a memory,……so make it count πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Team πŸ™‚ as a p.s. If you saw my post yesterday, I said often the Saturday morning weigh in is better than your Friday, the day after a fast, well yesterday I was 76.1’m still struggling to get to my past plateau weight of 75.0k WELL this morning 75.6k so if that doesn’t give you incentive, your just hard to please πŸ™‚ wooohooo BRING IT ON and I ate WELL over my TDEE in defiance I had baked potatoes with my pork chop last night WITH buttered cabbage, then a very milky hot chocolate before bed….. And a couple of Jacks and zero! YOU CAN DO IT….just thought you might be interested, and I’m beating the weight gain side effect of these drugs I’m on to keep my nerve pain at bay since my back operation πŸ™‚ THANK YOU 5:2 πŸ™‚ xxxxxxxxxx

G’Day all. Thankfully I’m getting over this bug slowly. So much so that I’ve just stripped my bed ( didn’t have the energy for it till now) the duvet is on the line getting some sun and wind blown. Hopefully it will blow the last of the viruses away.
    YY, Suejen I too can relate to the forced march thing. My hubby is over 6 ft too and I’m 5.4. I still haven’t managed to get our for a walk for a few weeks but know that’s on the cards soon too.
    Fitto, apologies that we rabbit on about the cold weather. Our daughter lived in Switzerland for some years. She found the winters really hard going. Not only was it cold but so little sunshine compared to Australia.
    GG I too am stuck in the plateau. I’ve been hovering between 67 – 69 for months now. However as our every wise CG reminds us, we are all soo much thinner and healthier than we were a year ago. I’d love to drop another 6-7 kilos but know this will take time and a diligent effort on my part.
    Well it’s Father’s Day tomorrow. All our family live in Melbourne so I’ll take his nibs out for lunch. I’m sure to choose something I shouldn’t. We’re going to a restaurant that’s on dairy farm. It’s called The Holy Cow. I laugh every time we go there as I love this name. I try not to look at the cattle in the paddocks as I’m munching into a succulent steak!
    XX Doggy

Dogsabie, I think I forgot to say how lovely it is to have your dear Sabie’s name in your username. I am glad you are better enough to be doing more. I hope you have a lovely day out tomorrow!

Thanks SueJen, re the snack comment.

Cheers to everyone for the day and the week.

Country Gal, you are very inspiring & so positive. I have almost finished 2 weeks of 5:2 & while I have not lost anything 2nd week I feel so much slimmer than I did 2 weeks ago. The freedom that I feel on the non FD’s is very liberating. I’m sorry if I don’t keep up with everyone personally, as I type in another forum daily, & have done for 8 years. This is a great forum & in particular a great thread & I will read it daily. Happy Spring everyone! xo Cate

Doggy so glad the end is in sight for you, just jumping into a clean bed, getting up showering, putting some make up on and taking time with your hair, makes all the difference.
    Cate, it’s a pitty you don’t log in daily, only takes a few minutes, not just to get the support and hints, but to keep up with everyday issues. Even if the scales don’t show a loss, check your tape measure, I’m sure you’ll be surprised. Thank you for the compliment, I just love life to the fullest and like to spread it around with positive vibes πŸ™‚
    Have a memorable day team, I’m just about to put the shopping away, if I can find holes to put it!!! Where does it all go?? It’s surprising, even being on my own, how much I buy, mainly all fresh, but I do have the boys and Maggie too, but I keep telling myself, if I ever won lotto, I’d buy a chain of supermarkets, we all have to eat right?
    Check in later to see if we’ve had any more posts πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Afternoon all well I’m sure it is for everyone except me here in the west. Had a slow start to my weekend. Saturday is the only day that I get to sleep in & I sure did & enjoyed every minute of snuggling up under the covers. Then it was up and dye my hair again (Vietnam was very unkind to my hair colour!) and eventually have a coffee and breakfast. Not much on today except the Eagles match later, but will get out in the garden if it stays fine. Needs a tidy up & a weed.
    CG you’re right I find it amazing how I often offload food in a cafe to my OH now or bring it home as I did the other day. Even my fish & chips OH had the last of the fish. And if we DO go overboard our bodies really tell us they are unhappy! So we learn the hard way if we haven’t got the message already!!
    PHat hope you enjoyed the races and your couple of wines. Good thinking to take your food so you could then enjoy the wine to the full. That’s smart thinking in my book!
    CQ great to have you on board. XX
    Dawg good to hear you’re stripping the bed and blowing away a few cobwebs at the same time I reckon (not literally of course!). Ready for action girl.
    I had a real eye opener this morning. I keep some daggy old clothes to wear when dying my hair. I put them on this morning & I was blown away by the fact that I could hardly even get the trackies to stay up on my waist, and the top looked like a bit of a balloon (12 months ago it was tight). I really was staggered. I measured myself afterwards but nothing seemed to have changed but ….something must have! It’s reassuring to have moments like that.
    And CG you’re so close to your old plateau weight – fabulous. My system is different than yours I must admit. I always without fail go up over the non fast days. That’s why the real dogged recording of my TDEE until I get into the 60’s. I’m still having treats & yummy foods but just making sure I’m within my limits. That way it doesn’t feel at all like a diet as I don’t want that.
    Well have a grand weekend all and live your life to the full. Plan around those social or special events with 5:2 and you’ll be a winner. I think that all of us like PHat need to get savvy (no not THAT sav!) and smart with our choices….take away a bit of this so we can have a bit of that!!! suejen XXXX

Hi All!
    Lovely morning here but I had a bit of a lie-in because I didn’t sleep that well…..think I ate too big a dinner and had a touch of indigestion. So you’re right, CG that our eating habits and appetites have changed and our stomachs feel fuller, sooner. I just reverted to old portion size out of thoughtlessness and paid the price! πŸ™ Never mind, lesson learned and back to this brilliant wol! So glad for you CG that life is getting back to normal and you are getting such satisfaction out of seeing your beautiful surroundings in good shape again πŸ™‚ Another loss as well, you sure are showing those meds and pain who’s boss!!
    SJ – glad you enjoyed your lunch and even gave some away to OH! What a wonderful surprise to find your old clothes swimming on you…..it just proves to our newbies that changes are going on in our shapes and measurements that don’t show up on the scales – woohoo for you!
    PH – you are making lots of good choices…keep up the good work! Hope you had a great day at the races.
    Dawg – enjoy the lunch for Fathers’ Day…love the name of the restaurant. πŸ˜† Don’t worry about weather comments….I’m just teasing! πŸ˜‰ but thanks for apology xxxx
    Cate – keep in touch, as you can see from SJ there is more to this wol than weight loss. Hang on in there and the changes will soon be noticeable.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, gang; have treats with prudence and remember the four Ps and be ready for Monday. Off to clean my windows and wash the floor in my newly decorated room so it’s all ready for the new furniture and curtains…..the end is in sight. Just hope I don’t make a mess of assembling the Ikea coffee table or there will be tears before bedtime!!!!!

Good morning team, well done Fit, so close to finished, good luck with the jigsaw of a coffee table. Oh how Ikea love to keep the mind confused πŸ™‚
    Happy Sunday team, I hope your plans are full of fun doing what YOU enjoy. Remember to stay positive, even if you have to give yourself a mental shake up to feel so. Remember, like they say, a bad attitude is like a flat tire, you are going nowhere until you change it πŸ™‚ so it’s all up to you. Fast again tomorrow for most of us so have your plan in place, all so easy peezy, YOU CAN DO IT, nothing hard about it.
    It might pay some of you to keep a note pad of full fast days so you have something to look back on for reminders. Often, coming up with a plan can seem tedious but needn’t be πŸ™‚ just check your notes, see what worked and didn’t cause too much of a struggle, then away you go πŸ™‚ All so very easy
    WE CAN DO THIS team, our AUSSIE DETERMINATION pulls us through, so BRING IT ON!!! πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Hi all. Suejen how great that your clothes are feeling looser. It’s a reminder that we do need encouragement as we stick to this new way of life and eating. We’d not be human if, after all our effort the scales and measurements stayed the same. I’m waiting to start wearing my summer gear again. I’m sure the tops and capris are going to be just that much more comfortable.
    CG you are so right. When I was going through a really bed patch with chronic pain and depression my specialist gave me some sound advice. Get up every day, have a shower, wash your hair and get dressed. Put on some makeup, even if you are not going anywhere. And this from a man! I followed his advice and here I am pain free and a very happy camper.
    I don’t think I’ll fast tomorrow as I’m still not 100%. I’m a lot better though and have just helped hubby do some baking. I do the measuring and he does the kneading etc. it looks as though we may get rain
    After today and that suits me as we are on tank water.
    Enjoy your day team and stay positive. The end justifies the means and all that.
    XX Doggy

Good morning all. I had an absolutely fabulous day yesterday at the races with young friends. Blew my TDEE to bits, lucky I took my own salad lunch or it would have been worse. The race meeting included a memorial race for the son of a dear friend who likes to party. The table was full of BAD food, wedges, fish, prawns, calamari etc all fried.. My fav food so just could not resist..and enjoyed my wine. Have to be good today.

CG you are such an inspiration and it is a nice feeling that it is Ok to do this once in a while..I too am on medication after a recent back operation which followed three hip replacements. Had cobalt poisoning in the first hip resilting in a partial replacement, followed by four dislocations and then a complete repair job that required taking all of the previous hip out and replacing it. This required breaking lots of bones broken..three months in hospital not able to move then 6 months in a wheelchair and then lots of rehab to get me walking again.. That was two years ago. Then early this year had a back op to release pinching of the spinal cord. So know what it is like to start doing what you used to do gradually. So you getting back on the tractor and mowing the lawn is huge….your posts really inspire me and I will try to follow all of your advice as I continue this journey.. I put 15 kegs on whilst unable to exercise, move etc over the past three years and started this new way of life at 107kg….
    So a long way to go for me….

Hi Cate!

Congrats CG putting Ikea furniture together surely keeps our brains fit!

Purple Hats I love that with this WOL you can ‘oops!’ on non Fast Days but know you will make up for it over time. And Yay that it was such a fabulous day!
    What a hard time you went through with all the pain and illness! Never again I hope!

Since I am measuring progress via my wardrobe I can share that my brown trousers are loose, and the gorgeous red coat my sister bought in Paris (that I could put on and do up the buttons…. but… ) fits nicely now. I might even donate my old voluminous, red coat to the Op Shop!

Cheers everyone!

Ph you have really been through the mill, I’m so glad life is returning to normal for you. The race day sounds fabulous and 5:2 is only part of your life, the rest is for living, so have those no no foods every so often. You will find in time, they don’t appeal much any more. I see adds on telly of fried foods and feel sick! And I used to love anything fried up with a crispy coating. πŸ™ but 5:2 changes your taste buds. My back op was after many years of chronice pain, but never really diagnosed the chiro cost me a fortune to keep going so I could work (aged care) and disability, so all heavy work, particularly the high care, which in fact I loved. But being a keen gardener too, then building my dream home in the country, then landscaping all took their toll. It was a fluke my cardiologist noticed the tears when I walked into his office, which was what seemed miles from the car park, he emailed a colleague in authopediacs and after 12 months of delayed tests etc, they operated on a herniated disc. I still have 4 more bulging discs but they don’t seem to bother me. I haven’t looked back. The nerve pain in my leg has been chronic, swapped one pain for another, but kept telling myself, it’s heeling pain through tears, the nerves were all growing back. That’s what the meds are for, I couldn’t get through the day without them. I’m now 11 weeks in and each day improves. Some days sure I know I over did the day before, so it’s a couch day, but feeling positive, doing physio and walking in the pool all helps. Above all, I’m upright after years of looking like I was bending to pick something up! I deteriated the last few months prior to the op, everything was a painful effort….but all in the past now πŸ™‚ I have always had a positive outlook on life, even in my darkest hours, and there have been many, ………..even when on my tractor, I. Checked the fuel level which was half, and automatically thought, oh, it’s still half full, (not half empty) πŸ™‚ …….enjoy your day, take time to smell the roses. Xxxxxxxxx

CG- thanks. I’m checking daily, but from now on I’ll also post daily too.I haven’t measured myself for about a year but will do so today. I really feel like I have lost more than the scales reflect. I also must stay off the scales between Fridays or it will do my head in. I’m pretending I didn’t read them right this morning πŸ™
    Fittoretire- thanks. I’ll hang in there, because I think this suits me better than constantly trying to restrict my calories. It doesn’t feel as much of a battle.
    Hi Cinque- Cinque Terre- what a fantastic place! My favourite/lucky number is 5. My clothes feel much looser, even in only 2 weeks, but I have “only” lost 1kg. I feel better because of it though.

It seems like so many in here have had a tough time with operations & illnesses, but I see a common thread of positivity & forward thinking. I’m glad to be a part of this community.

I have the younger grandkids for the day & night today, so had better get off the computer. I don’t want them seeing me on here, after getting them away from the TV!
    A big hi from Tassie on a hopefully about to rain day. (That’s for the farmers who need it) Cheers, Cate

HI All busy postings for a weekend – good to see. Cate will be good to see your posts more often, that way we can cheer you on etc. I know what you mean about the scales but I’ve done it daily for so long that I just can’t miss weighing. But I have at least got to a place where the number doesn’t bother me/get me down like it used to (mostly!). I don’t expect constant losses every day….we all have blips.
    Ooh CQ a lovely red coat from Paris – how lovely that it now fits you well!! And yes ditch the voluminous one for sure….let someone else wear it now. There’ll be more to come too I assure you.
    Wow PH you have been through the mill. what a nightmare….but thank goodness you’re out the other side. And ready to lose all the weight that your forced inactivity brought on. Doesn’t matter where your start is, just look forward to losing and getting comfortable in your own skin……little by little. 5:2 is so easy to live with as you’ve already found.
    Dawg what great advice from….unbelievable! But he was right. It’s lovely to hear of the little things you’re doing each day to get back on track. OH sounds very supportive too. Maybe end of week you’ll be back with us on 5:2. Be kind to yourself though and don’t push it.
    Enjoy your last feed day all and keep in mind what you need to prepare for tomorrow. Hope you’re all having a great day. suejen XXXX

Hi all. Welcome Cate!

PH, lets hope all of that is behind you now!

I don’t know where the weekend has gone! I went to a surprise 60th last night, but the hostess served up pretty healthy food so I wasn’t too bad if you don’t count the alcohol….

The kids came over today and cooked an amazing brunch for Father’s Day. Delicious and I perhaps shouldn’t have had as much marscapone as I did but it is now 5.20 in the afternoon and I haven’t eaten anything else, nor am I hungry. I am supposed to be going to a concert tonight but not sure if I will make it, if I do it will mean more alcohol!

Doggie, thank goodness you are starting to feel better. And SJ I know you are hovering around the same weight with travel etc so it is great to have the encouragement of loose clothes.

Cinque, a red coat from Paris! Sounds so romantic or something!

CG, well done, I am hopeless with that sort of practical stuff!

Fit, how frustrating it must be listening to us rabbit on about the weather! I know from my Connecticut stint just how long winters can be! I think the thing with Australia is that we don’t really have our houses etc well set up for cold as in other countries, so we always seem to feel it more. I was able to still eat salads etc a lot because our apartment and everywhere we went was so warm. I hope that is the case for you.

Have a good fast tomorrow all.

Hi all. Thanks for all of the encouragement. I am a positive fun loving person and am enjoying the forum so much

Cinque way to go getting rid of clothes that don’t fit. I love doing that and love the sound of the red coat from Paris .

CG I imagine you are an amazing aged care and disability worker..so positive, just what is needed. Understand what you mean about couch days. Having one of them myself today after my great day yesterday but very small price to pay for having so much fun..? drugs are necessary to be able to function and exercise so lucky to have them. I regularly do at least 3 days a week now at the hydrotherapy pool and love it. Have a great fun loving physio leading the sessions. Very lucky to have that service in Coffs Harbour. Looking forward to my second fast day tomorrow…..

CA . Looking forward to your posts..my youngest son lives in Tas and we are all looking forward to visiting after Christmas to welcome new grandchild.. Can’t wait. Love Tasmania it is so beautiful.

SJ Thanks for the support. I am really committed to this and looking forward to the journey.

Onward and upwards!!!
    So life is just great at the moment ?

Hi All!
    Lovin’ the positivity and good vibes here this morning! What a fab bunch ye are!!
    CG – that’s a brilliant idea about keeping a note of what worked well on a FD; I’ve often had a really good one and then couldn’t remember exactly when or what I’d eaten. Didn’t get around to assembling the coffee table after all; did a few more windows as the weather was good. Also put back photos and paintings on the walls and shelves so the room is really coming together now. I must be such a bore at this stage, but I love doing up a room πŸ™‚
    Doggy – really hope you are over your dose by now but I know these things have a habit of lingering on. Getting up, showered, made up and dressed nicely are all valid things to do to pick ourselves up when feeling low and it’s good to hear of a forward thinking medic acknowledging and recommending this. I bet you will look and feel fab in your summer gear. Xx
    PH – I am amazed you are still standing at all after all you have gone through, so you are definitely made of the right stuff to succeed here. This wol is a marathon, not a sprint and you have already proven that you have grit and spirit to persevere when the going gets tough. The odd blow out or treat day will not derail you from 5:2, that’s what’s so great about it and why we can stick at it. So glad you enjoyed your day at the races, you deserve it.
    Cinque – red coat sounds tres chic, wear it with pride!
    Cate – delighted to hear you will be a regular, it’s great to get to know people better and we feel like a real family when we share our lives here.
    SJ – I’m with you on the daily weighing, but only count it as valid every Wed, which is my ‘official’ weigh-in day.
    UP – glad you had lovely treat from your kids on Fathers’ day. Thanks for sympathy about the weather…..I feel the cold more than most people but I’m used to that, so I always keep a throw handy to put over me in the evenings; otherwise I’d have the heating on full blast all year round!!
    Big hello to all the rest of the gang…hope all well with you and OH, Gypsy – hi to Lotus, YY, GG, Milena – have a great week everyone xxxxx

Hi all

Hmmm, a red coat – could go well with a black leather pencil skirt!

Not sure about from Paris though, years ago, before the Euro, hubby and I were browsing in the Chanel consession in a Paris store, he decided to buy me a belt, as a treat – until I pointed out the price tag, which he though converted to Β£32, was in fact Β£320!!!

Getting back to normal, still bloated though, and the plumbing is not quite normal, but managed a few fasts this week, so starting to lose weight. Don hashad his op, which seems to have gone well, do we are on the up. September Sun too, though a nip in the air.

Hi to the newbies, a couple of us are honorary Aussies, but the AUSSIE DETERMINATION on here is bloody magical, awesome folk and a fabulous leader in CG enjoy your journeys!

I see the weekend is over for most of you, so chins tucked in, and have a great week!!!!!!

Well, had a fairly large pig-out today! Went back to Ikea (won’t bore ye with the details!) and my sis came along for the ride, so of course, we went for coffee and I had banoffi – yum! Then when I got home, OH suggested going to the movies which we haven’t done for a while; so I had Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream (2 scoops!) and a bag of Minstrels all to myself!!! So, some serious fasting to do this week but I enjoyed every mouthful and I’m not going to beat myself up about it; just get back on the horse and acknowledge that I have just slowed down my loss for a while, not derailed myself completely. Sorry if I’m rambling on….I think I’m drunk on chocolate and sugar! πŸ˜†

Fit what a wonderful time you have had, and it’s not rambling at all, it’s lovely you share it with us. No guilts needed either, this is your life and it’s not dictated to by 5:2 it’s just there when needed πŸ™‚
    Winter has returned here with a vengeance, teaming rain and very cold, the trees are blowing around, so no pool walking for me today, not at all inviting out there. That’s the beauty of retirement I don’t have to go out in this weather πŸ™‚ Good soup day team for fasting, or stew, whatever keeps you satisfied and warm with minimum cals πŸ™‚ lots of hot yummy flavoured teas and the knowing you are doing this for YOU! It’s only one day, often difficult after the three day brake, but YOU CAN DO IT. We are here for each other, we are a strong team…so….BRING IT ON πŸ™‚ Happy fast day team πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Brrr it is grey and chilly here this morning but I am looking forward to my 5:2 week.

Milena you are so right that a black pencil skirt would look lovely with my beautiful red Paris coat. And black stilettos! But I am an old hippy type and everyone I know would laugh hysterically if I wore that outfit! So would I! However, some nice black trousers will go well. (The coat is quite old but has been beautifully looked after, and I love it!) I’m tres chic in an old hippy way! πŸ˜‰

Wow that $320 belt must have been a chic one!

Enjoy those treats everyone, and then enjoy some lovely fast days. I am pleased to notice that my treat yesterday (a handful of cashews) seemed a good big treat, but didn’t leave me feeling overfull. Yay. If I could keep my treats on that level, I’ll be laughing!

Cheers to everyone fasting today. Are most people here Monday and Thursday Fasters and then Friday Weighers?

Hi all. Just a quick question as I have to go to the hydro pool. Do you record your exercise in MFP and if so do the extra calories you earn come into play on your fast days?

Good question PH, I do record them but only for my own sake, I think you cheat yourself if you “eat” them back πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 7,651 through 7,700 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.