Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,501 through 7,550 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi all, back in the saddle again. Nothing like buying a new computer for sending the old ones into a hissy fit!!! So many good posts to read, I’m sure to miss mention of some events but am confident we are a forgiving lot. Doggie, Up and Milena so brave soldiering on despite illness. Yours sounds particularly nasty Milena, good well soon. GG how is your Mum coping? Bit worn out I expect. {{ }} xx
    CG you sound better but as if you are pushing the envelope a little. Sit out in the almost spring sunshine more. The house can wait while the warmth seeps in.
    Fit glad you are back posting so cheerily. You did well to only gain 2k’s. I get fed up sometimes counting too.
    SJ I’m thinking about those lovely warm days and bathers too. Sunny but cold wind here today and a few clouds rolling in. Hope you enjoy the chicken n almond dinner.
    Gyps! Good to see you up to your old doggerel tricks. Great.
    Well, on the computer so I don’t have to witness OH downing a chicken and salad sarnie but telling myself the promise of La Zuppa shortly will fix the ache in my middle. Don’t know if anyone else experiences this but I’ve been so hungry lately that if it stood still, I ate it! Even breakfast!! Particularly after a fast day. Didn’t used to do breakfast but after months of this WOL now wake up hungry for it. Anyone else?
    Guess for the majority on this board your day is a couple of hours later so thoughts turning to dinner.
    Lotus miss being able to read your posts around my lunchtime πŸ™ sad your work computer isn’t playing ball.
    YY xx

Yy, lovely to see you back, enjoy your new “toy” they are fun when new, and if they work! Yes, I get the unusual hungers too, brekkie or between nibbles, no reason, just being gutsy I think. Could be the cold weather too, who knows. Breakfast is fine on NFD’s just add the cals into your TDEE, and if doing LCHF, bacon and egg is perfect, oh gosh, wish I hadn’t let that thought in, I could eat that now! If you’re having the days when hunger is hitting, log them, stay safe, even if you go over, you know. Don’t forget, you can have your “cake” and eat it too with 5:2 but just watch your portion, not always easy but have a drink with whatever your snacking on to help fill you πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Thanks CG, I hear you. Quite a novelty though actually wanting Brekky. Sure too that the colder weather is partly to blame for some of the hunger. Have reached the stage too where the ‘full’ feeling kicks in, just need to listen and get over having to finish what’s on the plate πŸ™‚
    My OH actually got the new computer, retirement reward and I swear my not so newish laptop threw a hissy fit. Even the battery in my mouse packed it in in sympathy. Had the same battery for years
    You’ve got me thinking about egg and bacon now too πŸ™‚ Think about the 400gr loss last week instead!
    YY xx

What a chatty lot today – must be spring in the air methinks. OH & I did a 6 km walk today to the beach (Or our surfers point) and back again. Lovely weather & 3 more days of it coming – heaven. Have stuck like glue to my plan. Had my HB egg for lunch down the beach while OH had 2 HB eggs, cheese & crackers & 2 of my gingernuts. Didn’t bother me at all with the lovely view. Now just the Chicken & Almonds to cook for dinner & we’re done. No Jarrah hot choc tonight though…cos my hairdresser asked me if I wanted a coffee while I was waiting & I automatically said yes, so that rules out the drink tonight. Never mind…I enjoyed his cappuccino & being a very small cup no harm done.
    YY I’m always hungry for brekky after a FD. I fantasise/plan what I’m going to have from a yummy porridge with walnuts/honey to a breakfast wrap with egg/fetta cheese, to toast & PB & a milk coffee. Whatever I fancy really!
    Gyps great to have our bush bard back again. Seriously how many books/anthologies of poetry have you written??? Read yours out to OH as we’d been discussing footy. He said it was good – AND let me tell you, that’s high praise from him!
    GG hope you had a good day back into the FD routine?
    Well about it from me. Oh Lotus? I think, I had looked for those Changs noodles that are like the Slendier ones but to no avail. However I was buying pasta today & there next to it were those noodles, and yes a lot cheaper than Slendier! Thanks.
    Hope you all had a very successful FD all and that we’ll all reap the rewards by Friday. Yep I can just feel it coming – success all around! suejen XXXX

Hi All!
    Great to see so many posts here today. Almost gave up on my FD today but then felt I couldn’t face fessin’ up to you all so I have stuck to my guns so far!!! Long way to go til bedtime but the mindset is right now so I think I’ll be able to persevere….thanks guys! πŸ™‚
    Gypsy – loved your poem, you must have one about every possible topic under the sun….dare I ask have you one about the Irish?!!!! πŸ˜‰ Can’t remember if you were the one who asked me about the weather…there have been a few nice, mild, dry and sunny days here over the last week but it gets cooler quickly and you can certainly notice that the days are getting shorter. I’m not looking forward to winter at all, especially if it lasts as long as last year πŸ™
    SJ – sounds like you had an idyllic day out and well done on healthy choices.
    YY – great that you have new computer so you can keep in touch; forget about egg and bacon, you have much better things to do like posting here!! Your 400g loss is certainly better to focus on, well done!
    GG – sounds like you are right back on track straight away….I’m in awe!
    Have a fab week everyone πŸ™‚

Good morning team, how did you go with fasting yesterday. Monday’s seem easier than other days for some reason, maybe the three day build up in our tummy we are pleased to part wiith? Be positive with portions today, with food choices and be aware of what goes into your body. Try logging with MFP for a few days, just to check your staying within your limits……. Don’t think of it as dieting with counting calories,, maybe more of a stock take, a health check, a catch up…….. And if your getting disappointed with the same zigzag, remember the positives, not what hasn’t happened but what HAS happened! You have come a long way since you began 5:2, the journey is long, and like all journeys there is the occasional pot hole but there is also many times of smooth tracks which show results πŸ™‚ your shape is changing, your awareness of food is a new education your embracing, people are starting to notice and comment πŸ™‚ plus. The added bonus of making wonderful like minded cyber friends here on AUSSIE DETERMINATION πŸ™‚ so have a great day, to our sickies, I do hope you feel better than you have been, please stay safe to our friends up on the N.S.W. Coast, awful storms there, and let’s make this day count! Off to physio for me, so more pain inflicted, but I grin and bare it knowing a positive will come out of it πŸ™‚ BE HAPPY, the choice is yours xxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning all survived your FD OK? Onto another normal day now – whatever that is for you, whether it’s counting calories, using MFP, watching portions, or just eating healthy foods. Enjoy your day & the great benefit of 5:2 that you have a day or 2 in between the strictness to have a social life or enjoy a special day.
    Lovely blue skies here again today so maybe another walk or some work in the garden. I am absolutely determined this week for the first time to do a 4:3 Mon/Wed/Fri. I’m not as close as I’d like to be to the 60’s and I’ve been knocking on the door for a while but never making it. So have to gather up all my aussie determination as I’ve said I would do this a few times…..but always chickened out or felt too daunted to even try. But this week is it. Let you know how I went tomorrow!!
    Have a great day all and enjoy whatever your day holds. Make it special in some way whether it’s enjoying the sunshine or snuggling up after work with a good book & a coffee or a hot choc – whatever rocks your boat. suejen XXXX

Its a sunny warm day on the east coast of NSW… had the storm yesterday.
    Great post CG filled with support and encouragement.
    FIT- thank you for your lovely words …..hugs to you!!!!
    Each passing day I am in comfort with my emotions…. The one thing my Dad would not want is for his daughters to be sad.That is the strength that he gave to us all.
    FAST DAY went well up until 5pm when I came home to my OH making his famous bolegnase.So of course I went overboard…. he did the splendia spaghetti for me however… so doing a semi B2B today.
    Hope all went well for you yesterday.
    Enjoy your day … fill it with fun . You can have that treat tonight…..GO GAL XXXXX

Started the fast day thinking maybe not due to cold but then as I previously mentioned, the family was keen so thought I should.

Took my dog to the vet and had a hay fever attack. Always happens but as I already had a cold, I turned into a disgusting, drippy mess!
    Decided not to fast and indeed to go to the persian cake shop near the vets and treat myself. Turns out the shop owner had gone somewhere so it was shut. Right, I thought, I am going to try out the new gluten free patisserie I drove past the other day. Turns out the signs were up but they haven’t opened yet.

Decided to to take all this as a sign and go home where I did have some corn thins and cheese rather than a boiled egg. Took myself to bed and drugged myself. Woke up to cook the fast day dinner I’d planned. So overall, I did pretty close to a fast after all!

Feeling much better today. Was invited out to lunch but figured I should stay home. Another day of 28 here and plenty of jobs to do.

I was in the supermarket this morning with my blocked nose when I smelt a peach behind me! I knew it couldn’t be local so wouldn’t normally consider buying it but it was too tempting so I abandoned all my principles and bought an imported peach. It was yummy!

Hi Gang. Another beautiful day in paradise. Here anyway. Feels like the weekend. Bacon and eggs on the barbie for brekkie. Gotta love retirement ( in between aging life cisis’!). What’s not to wax lyrical about? and we all seem to be in that groove ATM. Funny how we stay in sync. It was a down week last week. (and I’m sure it wasn’t just me?). Nice to see you all rising in spirit and losing in lard (we pray).

So ta, for the poetic applause all. It just surfaces according to the state of the funny(peculiar?)bones, suejen. And it’s been lifelong, so I expect, apart from the 4 I published, there’s hundreds of little collections in my cupboard, along with my long hand diaries (40 yrs worth), but the past 10ish yrs worth are accessible on computer file. So I can dig up something applicable to most aspects of whatever I lived (and a gypsy does tend to get around), tho it’s no trouble to invent what I haven’t got stashed in the achives. If the inspiration itches the pen.

So… Here you go FIT…….For you.

ME OIRISH ARTICLE

The Oirish they be knowin’ when it’s plain as day they don’t!
    Hah! When it oughta’ be so simple I c’n tell ya’ that it WON’T
    You can beat around the bush – holler loud in righteous song
    I c’n tell ya’ in the end they’ll be right β€˜n’ you’ll be wrong!

Frustrating! They β€˜intuit’ how ta’ charm a rattlin’ snake
    But…when Oirish doesn’ wanna it’s a will you’ll never break
    Drag β€˜em, shove β€˜em, belt’em and the blighters wouldn’ budge
    There’s no higher low degree than an Oirish – with a grudge!

Doiabolics! Yet they’ll bend – far beyond the blarney stone –
    To hold a heart so dear when they take it for their own
    Pan the pipes, blow the bugles! Dance a jig and just give in
    Let the heart they hold be yours – It’s the only way to WIN …

Have a nice day, mates. I saw 84 on the scales this am. Why worry, 5:2 will fix a bit of a lapse. I’ll be sucking on a sav come sundown. Cheer!xx Gyps

UP, I agree with you, it’s not so easy to fast when you get out of the groove or out of sorts. So easy to say “I’ll do it tomorrow”, But as Fit says, It’s not so easy to do that when we stay accountable to the mob. And daily doses of CG therapy! It feels good to have GG back and the core team hanging in with our ups and downs. Hope you feel better soon. I have a regime for medicating colds, worked on boarding schoolers down in the dorms by the dozens. 2 panadol and a Sudafed (antihistamine)in the morning gets you through the active part of the day. Can repeat panadol 4th hrly, 6 to 8 hrly for Sudafed, but for night settling best to combine panadol and Phenergan (for more sedative effect) 10 mgs (for kids) 25mgs (adult). Lots of fluids. Feel better. xx

Oh upt, sounds like fate tapping you on the shoulder, it’s meant to be! And you came out ahead with your home made choice. I do hope your starting to feel better, we should have you and Doggie segregated on our sick list with flu! Problem is they run their course, get you as low and as miserable as they can, then as it starts to leave you, they leave with that rotten hacking cough as a farewaell gift! It’s a long miserable sleepless haul, my heart goes out to you both xxxxxx
    There is a great soup recipe on the front page in one of the “recent”” threads, root veg and barley soup. It’s basically the same as we all make and a fantastic stand by, ( just in case your not confident in making your own) to bag up in portions to freeze, I had one today for lunch which I made a few weeks ago, very cold here all day so it really hit the spot after physio as did the crusty heated grain roll I had with pure butter and salami and gerking with it grrrrrr, oh so yummmmm. So much for the good I did with yesterdays fast, buggar!!!
    Just saw the fires in the US on the news whilst having my coffee and now floods in NSW, what is our weather coming to, getting frightening, I really didn’t think our generation would live to see it, but the climate change seems to be accelerating, such a shame, such a beautiful planet, such destruction.
    Keep up with your MFP, is my suggestion for a week or so, just to check your on course with your TDEE as well as your fast days team, we think we know but when we check, it’s quite a shock what just a small amount of seasoning can be, like mixed herbs etc!! Not in anyway am I urging you to have flavourLESS foods, golly, it has to be tasty and edible, so for the sake of a “bit of this and that” I reckon….go for it πŸ™‚
    Enjoy what’s left of your day…loved the poem Gyps, (speaking from experience?) and upt, take note of our Matrons cures πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Hay team, oh how I love MFP at times, even with my decadent lunch, dinner with chicken breast and veg, 980cals!!!! Better than I thought, so instead of feeling guilty, oh with a couple of whiskey and zero added in, no guilt required πŸ™‚ so it does pay to check πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx

Hi All!
    Oh Gypsy, thank you so much for the poem, I love it! It’s so true and my OH would say especially true of me and my siblings!!! We’re always right…even when we’re wrong!! πŸ˜‰ However, we soften that with big hearts and fierce loyalty. Xxxx
    CG – hope your aches and pains inflicted by physio are settling down now; well done on your mini FD…excellent result on MFP. You’re right about Mondays seeming a bit easier after the splurge of the weekend. I wavered a bit yesterday because I had done FD on Saturday as well, but talked myself back from the brink. I’m really glad I did because I’ve lost one of my three kg now!! πŸ™‚
    SJ – sounds like lovely weather and another perfect day all planned out for you…enjoy! I’m hitting the shops with my older girl to get curtains, paint, lamps, rug etc to do up the living room that she and her sister hang out in..so I’m looking forward to sharing this project with her. It will be lovely mother and daughter time.
    GG – I’m so touched by your strength in coping with your loss and you’re right that your dad has passed this on to you, so it is wonderful that you are honouring him by not allowing sadness to overwhelm you. I’m sure there will be bittersweet moments and memories along the way and that is ok too. Hold the good times close to your heart and stay strong xxxx
    Poor you, Upt, hay fever as well as bad cold. You have done very well in the circumstances, with fate helping along the way πŸ˜‰ ……Take Gypsy’s advice and look after yourself.
    Milena – I hope you’re over your nasty experience and on the mend now.
    All the best to the rest of the gang xxxx

Hi all

thanks for the good wishes, following your advice Gyp, knew I could depend on you for good sense.

You will all think me weird but I saw lots of angels in the hospital, and when I came home a stray cat came to visit for a couple of days. Did a lot of ringing around, found the owner who is about 10 miles away, she has been round and collected her an hour ago, been missing a month. All good for me, took my mind off my pain all day, there are angels on our shoulders.

Oh, and 8 lbs down in a week! Can’t be bad, not doing 5:2 for a couple of weeks, but not eating much.

Will lurk for a while though, so I’m behind you all, good luck with the rest of the month, and Spring is around the corner for most of you!!!

Just thought, do you get snowdrops and daffodils to herald spring?

Good Morning team, quite mild here this morning, and no wind, sun shining, very uplifting when the weather is like this, the garden is alive with birds (my boys have been out chasing a few, but the birds are safe, my boys are too slow) but any exercise is a bit of fun. πŸ™‚
    The floods up north are awful, I hope our NSW members are all safe! Please be careful and don’t drive through them!
    Good luck to those doing 4:3 today, I think suejen is one, hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT, might even get on board today with you, morning coffee just going down well so I’ll see how the day goes. Pretty tender in the back from physio and a new dressing on my leg wound which started to break down where the stitches were taken out (so no pool) so a day of easy pottering ahead.
    I got up to my TDEE last night with dry bikkies for supper grrrr Savoy crackers with butter and fish paste but golly I enjoyed them, so no mini fast for me yesterday. At least any fast WILL make a difference instead of a steady low cal week πŸ™‚ which I find doesn’t get me anywhere! I do find, making the effort to get to my TDEE gives the week intake a zigzag of cals which to body reacts to with a loss. Does anyone else find that?
    Have a special day team, do something YOU want,, get off the “conveyer belt” and live πŸ™‚ xxxxxxxx

Hi melina, thinking of you, stay well and in control of your pain, lovely story regarding the cat, I wonder what doors that will open for you? Yes, I definitely believe Angels are all around us, and we have our own special ones too. So many miracles have happened in my life which can only be put down to them. Even where I’m living now could not have been possible without them πŸ™‚ all the best to you, they will look after you xxxxxxxx (our posts crossed)

Hi all have a nice day. am off to the big smoke for the leprchauns check ups. might be MIA for a while.

Milena, glad you’re improving. did you know that to be kind to a cat has mystical connotations? On the good side. It came to comfort you. and yes there are ‘angels’, but I prefer to think of them as extensions of our spiritual life force. cheers! Gyps

Thanks, Gypsy, CG and Fit.
    It is funny, I can’t seem to take a trick at the moment. I had back spasms recently but thought all was ok. Back to normal until back spasm woke me up this morning! All plans have gone out the window! Have booked in for some remedial massage this afternoon. Meanwhile it is heat, nurofen, rest and muscle relaxants. So annoying!
    At least the cold is improving!
    I have been cooking up plenty of vegetables and eating fresh fruit, hopefully plenty of vitamins and not too many calories.
    Best to all with all your woes!

HI everyone a little quieter mid-week. Yes CG I’m doing a FD today & a 4:3 this week. Determined to see 70. something again tomorrow & then hopefully a 69 something by Saturday. That’s the plan anyway. Let’s see if the 4:3 was worth it. HB eggs done & mushroom stroganoff for dinner plus a few drinks in between. Had planned to do another long walk today but the promised sunshine has turned into cloud though it is going to be fine at least. We shall see a bit later.
    UP hope your back settles soon for you…sounds like you have a good plan for it. Thank goodness your cold is at last improving though. {{{ }}}
    Gyps all the best for the Leprechaun’s tests. XXXX
    CG my body definitely reacts better when I eat up to my TDEE or close – not that that’s a problem for me though LOL! Sticking under is more of a problem for me.
    Well got plenty of housework to do to keep me busy today so that’s good. Somehow I seem to be in the right mindset to tackle an extra FD today so that’s good. Might just be my aussie determination to get down to my best number or below it. suejen XXX

PS Read an interesting article yesterday on Cameron Diaz (at the beautician) talking about food & figure. She says people have it all wrong, they are either eating everything or they are eating almost nothing. No in-between. Said that “you can eat whatever you want just not *#$@loads of it”. What a true statement & what 5:2 is all about really. So for those who are not fasting have something you want….but just have a little of it. Eat in moderation, watch your portions & stop before you go overboard.

Oh upt, I so know your pain, it’s awful, follow through with whatever they recommend even get the Dr to get an MRI, it could be your first warning signals…….I hope for your sake something is just “out” but please take care, I kept working (needed the income to build my place…all shifts, maily hight care needs…so heavy work!) and landscaped my garden through the pain and with the chiros help, but look where it got me!
    Suejen I hope your expectations come off for you, that’s not only positive thinking but AUSSIE DETERMINATION πŸ™‚ I’m right behind you. I agree that eating up to our TDEE seems to make a fast day work better, rather than keeping cals low on NFD’s πŸ™‚ that’s one of my problems, maybe I should stick religously to LCHF on NFD’s to bring the cals up, as my appetite isn’t what it used to be thanks to 5:2 πŸ™‚
    Gyps, my heart goes out to you, I do hope things are stable and a positive lifestyle is still ahead xxx {{{}}} xxxxxxxxx

Hi all. I’ve just had a quick squizz at your posts. I’m still far from well so won’t bore you with the details. Gyps thanks for the 2 weeks / 14 day reminder. You are quite right. I’m actually quite fed up with well meaning hubby and others telling me I need to go to the doctor and get an antibiotic. I don’t think they hear when I tell them that antibiotics can’t cure a virus.
    I’ll get back to you when I’m not sure a pain in the a—-se.

Poor Doggie, as I keep saying, it takes its own course, so lay back, enjoy the (uncomfortable) rest with your audio books and x stitch, and let nature take the reins πŸ™ awfully miserable time for you, and be warned, a hacking cough will follow imcluding the sleepless nights.! I really feel for you, it has hit you hard this year hasn’t it. Warmth and fluids with the rest will see you back on track before you know it….all the best Doggy xxxxxx and you are not a pain in the A…., whinge all you want it does help at times πŸ™‚ xx

Thanks, CG. Fortunately, as I am basically retired, I can take it easy. I feel for you with your long term problems. You really take your health for granted until it goes wrong, don’t you? Well, most of us anyway. But you are right! I think it is muscular, the masseuse found it straight away and it has helped but time is the thing, I think.

The massage place is right near the vets which is near the persian cake shop. It was open today! Only the second time I have ever bought anything there in maybe 2 years, so I don’t fel so bad!

Upt, enjoy your treat, you deserve it πŸ™‚ and I hope the soreness goes in a few days for you….enjoy your evening, you are almost goal weight anyway I thought so a treat should not be a problem for you πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Well today’s planned housework went out the window. OH decided it was another good day for a walk once the sun came out a bit. So we tackled a new section of our Cape to Cape track (pretty famous for hiking here). You can walk the whole track in a week or so & camp overnight but we just walk sections of it. But today I came home just exhausted. It was a FD but usually that doesn’t bother me – maybe the doing a 4:3 might tire you a bit more, or give you less food for energy?? I sat in my chair with a book & promptly fell asleep when we got back. I ended up buying a Lean Cuisine for dinner so I didn’t have to cook. But I HAVE stuck to my FD despite being ravenous tonight. I’m tackling that with some sweet teas starting with cinnamon orange. UT so glad your masseuse found the spot straight away, now take it easy. Doggie hang in there & please keep posting even if it’s just so we know how you are. We will be cheering for you once we hear you’re on the mend.
    Hopefully the extra exercise will help my cause but we’ll see. I certainly still don’t like the concept of only one day between fasts – bit of a wimp aren’t I! I so look forward to those 2 or 3 days in between. But I’ve completed the 2nd fast and should manage the 3rd on Friday, then weigh-in on Saturday.
    Hope you’re all ready to tackle another FD tomorrow with persistence & aussie grit. Gyps thinking of you & OH in the bis smoke for tests. Hope all is going well for you.
    suejen XXXX Off to veg in front of the telly for tonight – all I’m capable of!

Hi suejen, good on YOU, well done, sleeping through the day helps take the mind off food too πŸ™‚ just finished my second fast too, having my milky coffee before bed, which isn’t far off, once this movie finishes, but gee, I felt the cold today for some reason. Thought that was a thing of the past on fast days! So another one each on Friday, let’s hope for positive results and a boost to our losses πŸ™‚ good luck my friend! Xxxxx

Ah got someone to keep me company….and keep me honest eh CG? Tell you what…I soo just made it this evening without eating anything!! Ended up having a licorice tea which gave a bit of a sweet hit and now to bed. Hope you’re sleeping better these days CG. Talk again tomorrow. Suejen xxx despite my sleep I’m so ready for bed again.

Started off this page, thought I’d see if I can turn it over. Maybe it will be just what all the poor sickies need, a change of page πŸ™‚ Seriously though am feeling for you Doggie, Up, Milena and CG. Love to know what you bought at the Persian cake shop Up.
    Another FD tomorrow and today my brother came out of hospital (again) so don’t need to do the 100k trek to visit. Will do some recreational shopping to pass the time. Feel a bit like a toddler needing to be distracted. Sure helps though. You’ve reminded me Suejen that I need to buy some more licorice tea which help enormously to break the monotony of drinks on FD. Am trying to guard my lemon slices from our Lemonade tree that I keep in the fridge to add to water or soda water because some poor hungry (pesky)animal cleaned me out. I had one last bunch of four that I left on the tree to go a bit yellow, when green they taste like ordinary lemons but when yellow/ish are much sweeter. Anyway I thought the branch wasn’t hanging as low and when I went to pick them yesterday the front looked perfect but the back was scooped out right down to the pith! The tree is still young and doesn’t get exactly overloaded like ordinary lemon trees. Am trying not to think about what animal/rodent did it as well.
    Time for bed. Check in again tomorrow. YY xx

Hi All!
    Nothing but rain here today…varying from light dizzle to complete cloudbursts! So went shopping for paint, brushes and wall paper and of course, went for coffee and cake along the way! Oops! Have to try and dance it off tonight when I resume ballroom dance classes.
    Milena – good to hear from you and hope you don’t just lurk…check in every now and then too. How lucky for that cat that it arrived on your doorstep….not just chance, I think!
    Gyps – wishing you and OH all the best with check-ups. Xx
    Up – so sorry to hear about your back. What a bummer! Take it easy and look after yourself.
    SJ – well done on persevering through with 4:3 – no way are you a wimp!; no wonder you’re exhausted but I’m sure you will reap the benefits. Your determination is shining through strongly and you will kick those extra kg to the kerb in no time!!
    Dawg – you are definitely not a pain in the a***! We all have a good moan every now and then, so it’s your turn now! Offload here, and we’ll do out best to take your mind off your troubles.
    YY – how exotic it sounds to me to have your own lemon tree, but I don’t envy you the thieving critters, whatever they were!
    Was planning to do FD tomorrow, but have to go shopping with my sister for her ‘mother of the groom’ outfit; so I’m not holding out much hope!! πŸ˜‰

Good morning team enjoy the shopping trip Fit, that can be fun or frustrating, good luck getting what your after, but either way, coffee and a treat will be deserving and rewarding πŸ™‚
    Fast day again team, I’m thinking of doing B2B today to catch up! I managed quite well yesterday, no cravings at all, no real loss first thing this morning YET from yesterdays fast, but haven’t “meditated” yet, so will have another weigh later. I find I’m rarely hungry after a fast day, but do eat with my eyes telling myself, “you can have some today” wether I feel like it or not! Anyway,even if today is a semi, it can’t do any harm as Fridays are a day I “celebrate” weeks end, either chips with dinner or mash. πŸ™‚ so prefer not to fast Fridays.
    THINK first before you put it in your mouth, THINK before you reach for it, ask yourself, DO I REALLY NEED THIS, THINK is there a better choice, THINK am I hungry or would a cuppa do instead, THINK am I eating with my eyes? If you answer yes, wait 5 minutes then have it, but a small piece, watch your portion control, and is it something a small portion will do, or does that START the gutsy eating?
    Have a positive day team, we are here for each other, YOU CAN DO THIS! Don’t think of it as strength but common sense! Let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION have your back, IT WORKS πŸ™‚ xxxxxxxxx

Well, Yum Yum, I probably shouldn’t be mentioning it on a fast day but I went for Baklava. There are some more unusual things there but it hit the spot! I used to do battle like that when I had a mango tree! Between possums, bats and parrots, it was a challenge! Just last week a possum ate some seedlings…

You are right, CG, Ok to have a treat. How is your pain today?

Fit, sounds like you are busy and active. It makes life interesting and healthy.

SJ, that sounds like fun. We talk about hiking but rarely actually do it! I am impressed that you are doing 4/3. Don’t think I could do that right now. I think you have to be in the mental zone. Go you!

Happy fast day all. It will be difficult for me to keep busy today due to my (improved) back but I get 3 whole days of normal eating after that so I should remember that! Pork fillet and salad for dinner.

Nobody up yet??? Well down another 500g with yesterdays fast, that’s the incentive I needed to do another fast today πŸ™‚ ………..pouring glorious rain here, be safe if out on the roads team, better to be safe on arrval than “dead” on time! Heading out soon, boys check ups with the vet then this arvo vet coming here to castrate Timid Timmy one of my sheep (who I thought was done as a lamb) and drench the rest plus do their feet, so out in the rain for me to pen them awaiting his arrival, oh the joys of farming πŸ™‚ Happy day team xxxxxx

Hi upt, pain so so…..don’t want to whinge and bore you all, it’s just the nerves growing back, and my exercises are supposed to help strengthen my leg….so the beat goes on πŸ™‚ ………doing the B2B to beat the weight gain these drugs I’m on cause, but can’t do without them yet or for some time apparently! Xxxxx good luck with your fast you CAN do this xxxxxxx

CG – you are amazing! Out in all weathers doing farming chores while still coping with nerve pain; doing B2B as well….incredible! And, still cheerful and finding time to inspire the team!!! πŸ™‚
    UP – the mention of Baklava brings back memories of a wonderful holiday in Crete…mmmm! I had rhubarb and apple crumble today…delish but very sinful!! Gotta get back on the FD horse tomorrow. πŸ™ But, on the bright side, I’m looking forward to getting stuck into my DIY project; I find painting and decorating quite therapeutic and love seeing the transformation when the job is done.
    SJ – Lots my family love walking and rambling but I’m not that keen. I love that joke: ‘My grandad took up walking when he was 70, he’s 97 now and we haven’t a clue where he is” !!!

Hope the rains eases off CG, and good luck with the B2B, true grit I see.

I’m still up working, Doctor said I could go back to work after two or three weeks, when I said I was self employed, he remarked that the self employed always seem to heal more quickly than anyone else! Driven by the desire to eat and pay the mortgage, I suppose!

Not an arduous job, just listing on ebay, had a fleeting moment when I thought I would do a cross stitch I bought three years ago – but OH is even more stressed about bills than usual.

Not fasting this week though, think I’ll restart on the 1st, then its just 16 weeks to Christmas.

Making Chicken and split pea soup tomorrow (well,, later today), food for the soul!

Hope everyone ends the month well!

Hi, could someone email me and give me instructions re uploading photos, have put my email on my profile – CG, still had no emails so I don’t think I am on the list yet.

Milena, no body has emailed me either, and I know I’m on the list! So don’t worry, I guess no one wants to speak to us privately…..I tell a lie, our wonderful suejen was my cheer squad when just our of hospital and was wonderful, something I will never forget, I appreciated it!
    Fit, my daughter is like you,loves those projects, gets her mind off a very busy life,last week end she redid her daughters bedroom awaiting the new bed arriving this weekend πŸ™‚ and they are both thrilled with the transformation, think of the saved money and self satisfaction you get doing it yourself. Thank you too for your praise, I cherish your words, they help keep me going…pain is no excuse for not being mentally positive and having a bright outlook πŸ™‚
    Happy day again team, see the good, ignore the rest! Xxxxxx

Fit I mean painted and decorated the bedroom, so the new bed, new doona cover will give my grand daughter a whole new world (to live in as teen ages do!) xxxxxx

Hi everyone. Just started 5:2 this week & today is my 2nd fasting day. Made a 207 cal soup to see me through lunch & dinner & will have celery, carrot & strawberries & an egg some time). Lost 1 kilo after Mon’s fast & will weigh every Friday, as I think that’s what most in here do. Look forward to being part of your community. It sounds very welcoming & active. I didn’t have any trouble getting through my 1st fast but my stomach sure is making a racket right now. I have someone coming to interview us this morning so will have some yoghurt to quieten it down. Cheers, with black coffee, Cate. (I’m in Tas, btw)

Cate welcome to our team at AUSSIE DETERMINATION, we are all like minded so will encourage and support your journey πŸ™‚ 1 k loss is wonderful but remember in the beginning its mainly water weight, but the scales will drop which is fantastic incentives
    Fluids help that gurgle, and think of it as fat being chewed up ready to leave you πŸ™‚ your menu for today sound yummy and filling and we all find a hard boiled egg mid arvo very satisfying to ease the hungers….good luck and welcome again… CG xx

Morning. Everybody sounds so industrious. My big effort so far today is a shopping list πŸ™‚
    Fit you will have a lot of fun shopping for ‘mother of the groom’ outfits. Always good to have a giggle at a sister’s expense. Then you still have the decorating to look forward to. Must say I know which one I would enjoy most (and it aint the decorating!).
    Gyps if you are lurking, thinking of you and your OH. xx
    CG, poor little Timmy, remember when we had a pet lamb for awhile and the farmer came to do the same to him. Sobbed and sobbed πŸ™ Necessary though.
    Up where is your sense of adventure? Baklava? Love it but the Persian bakery sounds just so exotic. You will definitely have to sample some more so that we can too, vicariously. At lease we wont put on weight vicariously!
    Welcome Cate. You sound as if you have FD’s sorted. Look forward to getting to know you. Other Tassie’s on here too.
    Lotus we miss you! GG xx. Doggie get well soon, almost spring.
    Why did I think it a good idea to have FDs on Thursdays – shopping day? Mad.
    Have a happy day everyone. TTxx

HI Everyone I’m just back from Pilates. Well my 2nd fast of 4:3 this week saw me hit the noughties as in 70.9. So although I would have liked to be lower down I haven’t been in the 70.0’s since back from holidays so that’s good. Lost .4kg. Let’s see what tomorrow can do for me. Don’t think I would be too keen to do another 4:3 but I feel that if I could hit 69 by next week that will really motivate me to get serious & get moving with weight loss again. My goal at this stage is 64 so not too far to go.

Well today is do the housework that didn’t get done yesterday. Needs a real good spring clean after our holiday, so better get to it. To those who are fasting today stick to your guns & reap the rewards – you know you can do it! We’ve all got our routines pretty much sorted now so it’s no big deal.
    Welcome Cate, Doggie is from Tassie too so you have company. But we’re from all over, & even some honorary aussies that we’ve let in cos we like them!! You will find everyone very welcoming & encouraging & supportive. suejen XXXX

Afternoon team! how is your fast day going today for those that are doinit? Hope all of you that are not feeling well have improved.
    I have spent the morning recovering our bed side lamp shades. After visiting the IKEA store in Sydney last week I came back with literally arm fulls of new bed linen etc.Our house is painted white inside so I have a great canvas to use. I chose varying contrasts of grey.The lamp shades were easy ……yards of 36mm satin ribbon. They came up well.I decided to do this as I felt OH had been subjected to my fem ways for too long.BIG ? if he will delight in all the cushions on the bed!!!!
    Just sat down to write the post and dig into a diced pork salad for lunch.Its overcast and chilly today here on the coast.
    Hope the rest of your day goes well…….GAL xxxx

Lovely to hear from you GG, hope it’s all smooth sailing for you πŸ™‚ hugs xxxxxx

Hello team. Welcome Cate. Yes I’m also from Tassie. NE coast. You’ll find us an encouraging and supportive mob here. We discuss all sorts of topics, not all 5:2 diet related.
    Well I’m still on the sick list. The only positive thing about the flu is that one loses ones appetite. I’ve just Googled the reason and I see that the brain chemistry changes and we get an increase in the chemical Cytokines. Pity we can’t manufacture it. Mind you it would quickly become part of the crazy million dollar weight loss / fad diet industry. I’ve not counted any calories and hardly had any wine which is unusual for me! CG about the only thing I’m enjoying at the moment is hot Jarrah choc. It seem to hit the mark. I’ve not weighed myself. It would be a B travesty if I haven’t shed the odd kilo.
    Cheers all and keep on keeping on.
    XX Doggy

Poor Doggy, I’m glad the Jarrah is hitting the spot, often the taste buds seem to “die” with the flu but at least you can taste that….enjoy the goodness, even add some healthy milk to it πŸ™‚ even tastier,
    Well Timid Timmy is sleeping it off in the shed, nice and cosy and dry, if he hadn’t done the deed by now it’ll be a memory……. like a lot of us πŸ™‚ ……..so I’ll just watch my girls and see if any baby lambs are produced πŸ™‚ uuuuuuhhhhhh, so they are all drenched and feet done, all injections, so a healthy mob πŸ™‚
    Very wet here, I love the rain, even the cold but it’s never as cold when it rains, the tank is filling, probably full now, and the garden is smiling , everything looks so green and colours look iridescent such a pretty time πŸ™‚
    Hope your fast is going well team, stick it out, you’ll be so proud of yourself when you get into bed tonight knowing another one was successful πŸ™‚ and the surprise when you do your weigh in tomorrow morning. Remember, if the numbers haven’t moved, things are changing internally πŸ™‚ so your shape IS altering πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Wow! What a warm welcome. Thank you Countrygal, Yum yum, Suejen & fellow Taswegian Dogsabie.(I’m also from the Nth, but more NW’ish & love wine.)I am surviving FD2 reasonably well, but maybe overdid the wood carting, just a tad. I think I’ll stick with skipping breakfast on FD’s as it makes it much easier. I still have some soup left & have weighed out some fruit & a dollop of yoghurt. I feel sharper mentally. I will make sure I check here every day & will read more pages & hopefully get to know everyone better.
    Thank you once again for the great welcome! Cheers, Cate.(with yet another herbal tea)

Hi Cate I haven’t had brekkie on a regular basis for so long, especially fast days as it seems to waken the hunger monster! Even the days I do have something, it’s usually a fruit and greek yoghurt smoothie πŸ™‚ and that holds me till 1.00-2.00, so really satisfying, and I adore fruit, and our summer fruits will be here before too long πŸ™‚ Glad your fast went well, they do get easier, some you’ll struggle with, but move it to another day if the mind set is letting you down, our 5:2 is so very flexible…..have a lovely evening πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 7,501 through 7,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.