Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,451 through 7,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Agree CG I have be stopping to just smell the flowers today. Spring is literally in the air. And I am savouring just a happy day. Especially looking forward to happy hour at the pub!m Our small country pub is a family social hub. We run joint jackpot raffles for the kindy and footy, so all age groups have a stake in it and the beer garden is set up with all manner of amusements for the kids. nice.

Welcome GM502, well done! happy to have you share your tips on such a great effort with us.
    Dawg, hope you feel better soon. hugs

Suejen, I think Spring has got us all gearing up to get serious about our goals again. luck.

hello to all you busy bods out there! have a good week end. Cheers! Gyps

Only 155cm still in the obese range.

Doggie, hope your looking after yourself, bad weather is coming to us both, so stay warm and cosy ๐Ÿ™‚ hope your watching the cricket ๐Ÿ™‚ all the best
    GL, we will help you reach your goal with support and envouragement, but keep us in the picture so we can walk this wonderful journey with you ๐Ÿ™‚
    Gyps, yes very true words, we often have already what we keep looking for ๐Ÿ˜‰ have a great evening, sounds a lot of fun ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxxx

GL, forgot to say, we have a lot of “shorties” so you are in good company ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi All,
    Still in the swim. Had family staying last week and skipped my FD’s. Kept an eye on the calories and lost .4. Down to 82.6 now so was very happy with that. After my episode of being so sick after FD the other week am hesitant to try again…….. I do have low blood sugar so wondered if that could be a factor. Anyone else dealing with that? Any suggestions to help with FD really appreciated.

Cheers to all and have a great week. ?

Hi This, check with your Dr, you shouldn’t have had that reaction, I feel. You are eating healthy foods, drinking lots of fluids, there is no reason you should feel sick. It’s a shame that happened to you. Unless it was viral, maybe give it another go, with positive thinking ๐Ÿ™‚ because this way of life/eating DOES work! It’s nice to have family stay and to be down .4 is a great success, just watching your carb intake and portion control ๐Ÿ™‚ is still possible when fasting is not possible ๐Ÿ™‚
    Good morning team, thinking of you Doggy, this could be a real bummer of a day with flu, we have to hit the “bottom” before starting to feel better “daily:( and if the predicted weather arrives, well, the couch, cosy fire etc is what you need ๐Ÿ™‚
    Gyps, hope your evening went well at the local and you both had fun.
    Sun is shining here, birds are singing, still an early cripsness in the air and the weather can change so quickly here so enjoying the sites and sounds with my coffee. Pretty tender this morning, pool exercises and the chiro, then shopping yesterday, took its toll but a hot shower may help ๐Ÿ™‚ still feeling positive……going to try the vac today, funny the chores we hate are what I’m hannging to get into, I do get home care but no one does it like “you” do if you get my meaning ๐Ÿ™‚ and I’ll use my steam mop to wash my floors, easier than the mop and bucket at the moment. Oh, get a life aye? The excitement of independence aye?….. You got it! ๐Ÿ™‚ …….. Have a lovely day team, share it with the ones you love, (2 or 4 legs) these are the ones that matter most, don’t follow that path, get out and make one ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All!
    Well, I’m finally back on Irish soil and able to have internet access whenever I want. I have really missed posting here and getting the support and encouragement to keep going. I have read all the posts I’ve missed but there is no way I can comment on them all, so I hope I don’t offend anyone by not responding to each one.
    GG – I’m so sorry to hear about your dad’s passing. I know he had a long, full life and that you got to spend some quality time with him in the last few months, so I hope that is some consolation to you and your family. Big hugs to you )))(((
    CG – You are amazing the way you keep fighting on and finding the positives in each day, even when things are not going so well for you. I hope the latest meds, physio and pool work bring lasting relief and improvement for you.
    SJ – welcome back, so glad you had a great holiday…and you will lose any extra you gained…we’ve all been there, done that and lived to see things balance out again when life gets back to normal. I’m in the same boat myself at the moment!
    GYPS – so glad that things are staying stable for your leprechaun and I hope that he stays in good shape and health for many years to come. You are playing a blinder; supporting him while making healthy food choices for you both. Keep planning your trips and enjoy every single day on the road….make beautiful memories.
    I didn’t put up too much weight in France, less than 2kg but the week since I came home has just been out of control eating and drinking….my daughter’s 21st party, my birthday and my wedding anniversary all in the space of four days!!! I woke up with a sugar hangover and then had chocolate biscuit cake for breakfast!!! EEEEK! AAAAARGH!!! So now, I’m at least 3kg up ๐Ÿ™ Gotta do a really good fast day tomorrow and break this cycle before I end up back where I started. But the difference now is that I know I can do this and I will be strong and focussed with all you ADers behind me.
    Lots of love to Lotus (great to hear you met up with GG), Up, Milena, YY, Taco, Dawg and all the newbies that I still have to get to know.
    Have a great weekend everyone xxxx

Hi all. Welcome GL. As CG and others have said, you’ll find us a helpful lot. You’ve done very well so far. Did anyone happen to see Michael on the ABC – Trust me I’m a doctor? I found it very interesting. Perhaps the test to get people with sedentary jobs to stand for +_ 3 hrs a day. I am far more sedentary than I was and know this is a major issue for me. I’ve decided to make a concerted effort to get out of my chair every hour and either go stand in the kitchen and do some work or just have a short walk around the house. It evidently is very beneficial in getting Insulin to do its work.
    Unfortunately I’m still crook. I guess I’m lucky as I dont have to to go to work or anything. Just seem to get out of bed, have a shower and flop in my chair. No doubt it too will pass.
    Suejen. Yes I do like audiobooks. Mind you I’ve been a bookworm all my life and we’ve a house full of books. Since I’m not able to be so active in the garden anymore I’ve taken up X stitch. I usually have an audiobook to listen to while doing it. I also enjoy podcasts which are free to download and are also very entertaining. I find Richard Fildler on the ABC website very good.
    Enjoy the weekend team. Needless to say I’m not 5:2ing till I’m better. Not that I’m feeling hungry at all.
    XX Dawg

Thank you. I don’t have a local diet buddy but I feel that this is a safe place to get the moral support to continue my weight loss journey.

Fit
    so great to have you back, I have so missed your daily posting ๐Ÿ™‚ what a fantastic week to come back to, full of celebrations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you ๐Ÿ™‚ don’t worry about that extra food and treats, as you know, a few fasts with 5:2 and it’s under control ๐Ÿ™‚
    GL we ARE your diet buddies, you hang in there girl, we have your back ๐Ÿ™‚
    Doggy the audio book and x stitch is a great way to relax and recoup ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well, showered, and into a full clean up, my enthusiasm is back today, might be the weather, all doors and most windows open and feeling positive. Sure, getting very tender, but having my manditory sit between chores but enjoying having my life back and being in charge.
    Enjoy the week end team no matter your pursuits go out and make some memories, no matter how trivial in a few days the “storms” could be here and you can look back with pleasure xxxxxxxx

HI 4sure good to hear you’re still in the swim & lost weight without fasting.
    CG read you’re pretty tender after pool, chiro & shopping. To me that would be saying give your back a well-earned rest today & DON’T do vacuuming or mopping. I know you’re looking forward to all that stuff but space it out girl. Maybe tomorrow or even Monday. Go with the flow and I’d suggest the flow is saying right now give yourself a weekend off! Rest and recover for the next push. My thoughts anyway.
    Fit lovely to have you back & ready to get on the horse again. Sounds like your first few days back were somewhat like mine – off the racetrack altogether! LOL XX
    Doggie I see now how you use your audiobooks – multitasking eh! We enjoy sometimes listening to Richard Fidler while in the car travelling.
    GL good to hear that you’ll be sticking around for support.
    GG so sorry about your Dad. I hadn’t managed to read back over all the posts so missed that. Your love and care must have meant a great lot to him in his last days. Very special times for you both.
    Well onto another weekend with not too much indulging for me. Have that 69 goal in mind & want to start the week at a good weight. suejen XXXX

Hi Suejen, yes I will take your advise, I do need a slap on the back of the hand at times cause I am a “go-er” and feel lazy if I rest, but that is becoming a new word to my vocabulary now and one I must obey ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m thrilled with what I have accomplished already, just a real tidy up, things back in the right place etc, doesn’t sound much but my home is starting to look “normal” again ๐Ÿ™‚ I bought a pack pre mixed salad so added some dressing and that’s lunch, I always make my own but marked down, and being “disabled” in standing too long, thought it would do, you know, they aren’t too bad, just added a few extras and it’s quite nice ๐Ÿ™‚ and will last a few days. Will have a few prawns with it, yummmm. ๐Ÿ™‚ thank you for keeping an eye on me I really need that! ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxxx

Well CG it’s only fair! You’ve had to give me a kick in the rear a few times, but heavens wouldn’t do that to you at the moment. So consider mine just a gentle tap on the shoulder…….don’t want you screaming!! suejen XX and enjoy that salad. Sit back and enjoy surveying your normal home again.

Been having computer troubles so thought I’d try a quickie before it packs up again.
    Fit, great to see you back and Doggie, look after yourself without stressing about cals til you’re better. Suejen welcome back too (if I haven’t mentioned that before. Not game to try going back to see just now). Love to everyone else for now. Had a reasonable FD yesterday after stuffing up Thursday so had to try again and managed 400g loss which is good for me at the moment. Haven’t been able to exercise much the last few weeks. Off for now, hope OH sorts out computers soon. They seem to know that he is home and are playing up:-) YY xx

SJ – Ha, Ha ๐Ÿ˜† Miles off the racetrack!!! Going to take quite alot of running (away from the kitchen!) to get back on track!!

Hi everyone

Well, just finished a three day fast and had half a sandwich, two biscuits and some fresh orange juice today. AND threw up everything I ate on Tuesday.

Though must say my method isn’t recommended.

Last night at house sit, got a tightening pain in my chest, threw up and the pain moved to stomach. Up all night in agony, took longer to leave the house sit than planned as OH had to do all tidying up, and then journey home took 4 hours, got home at 5 the next day, in agony, putting it down to food poisoning, bringing up bile- never seen bile before – into A&E by 5.30, medical name for what I had, but infection in gall bladder. Had keyhole surgery for removal. Which was not much worse than the ten bring stuck like a pig as the needles kept being ‘gubbed’. a medical term a lot of you will know.

Worst was the kack-handed nurse who insisted I get a catheter as I wouldn’t pee, dispite explaining it was the loo,was moved from side room to a ward room for last night, only problem, everyone else was amazing. Even the other nurses were surprised she did it while they were on break, doctor said remove it immediately.

Home now, feeling sore. At least you have company in your recovery this week!

Forgot to say great silver lining.

Ive often thought , hearing of medical tests, as I have never had tests, perhaps I should.

Had full MOT. Chest x Ray, fine, not diabetic, bloods fine, except white cells but explanation, apart from gall bladder -sorted now – in excellent health and not pregnant.

Poor you Milena – what a very nasty experience. I hope you’re on the mend now…take it easy.
    Dawg – sorry to hear you’ve been ill too; I hope you’re feeling better now. I read alot too. I loaded up 14 books onto my kindle before I left for France and finished the last one the day before I came home! I also got hooked on sudoku; something I never thought I’d do!
    Well, I’m almost finished my FD and while I didn’t count the calories, I feel I’ve gone over the 500 but I’m happy enough that it was still probably less than 600 – so I’ll settle for that. I’m going to do my FDs the easy way for a while i.e. not stressing about the calorie content – just eating breakfast and then small evening meal of mostly veg. I don’t want to be too strict and end up deciding to throw in the towel. I’ve had such a free, relaxing time in France that I can’t face into measuring and counting just now. I know by my clothes that I need to lose those 3kg extra so I’ll gauge my progress by that.

Milena, how ghastly! So glad it was sorted quickly and now the only way is up! Well,not weight wise!

I too have had internet problems and now have a cold so won’t fast until it is gone. Feed a cold And starve a fever?

Stay or get well, everyone!

Wow, so much news to wake up to. Melina, I’m glad you are over the worst of your awful experience it would be frightening for you, and yes, the staff you get in hospital can make all the difference, get well soon ๐Ÿ™‚
    Fit, I’m sure you’ll be back to your beautiful self quickly (and have always been anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Getting back into weighing and counting goes against the rebel in us all. You have achieved so much and are experienced enough to manage the way your going.We all know if we have over done it or if it’s been a healthy day. I doubt the exacts in our count make a great amount of difference so stick with it my friend, it’s basic maintenance your doing ๐Ÿ™‚
    Happy Sunday team, life is for living so I hope your giving yourself that chance rather than just existing ๐Ÿ™‚ give yourself time out to be YOU,, do what YOU want, don’t forget that bit of planning for tomorrows fast, and remember, we will not get this day back, so make some memories, be happy and stay positive, often it’s not as bad as we perceive so move on, wash yourself of unneeded issues and get out and “smell the roses” ๐Ÿ™‚ sit my the sea and watch a sunset, walk in the bush and listen to nature, whatever floats your boat of happiness……xxxxxx

What a lovely post (as usual) CG! You’re right that strict counting is not so important when we’ve been following this wol for so many months now. I’m hoping to get back to pre holiday stats in the next two or three weeks. After that, I would like to lose maybe two more kg in preparation for my godson’s wedding in mid October….another great family occasion to look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a wonderful Sunday xx

Hi all. I wasn’t going to post today as I’m still in whingeing mode. Being negative really annoys me but when one is feeling rotten it’s just how things are.
    Milena you poor thing. You’ve had a torrid time. As a retired nurse I get very angry with nurses and Doctors who lack compassion or don’t listen to their patients. They are in the wrong job.
    I’ve nothing really constructive to say today so will wish you all a happy Sunday.
    XX Dawg

Doggy, Ii’m really feeling for you, there is nothing more miserable than the depth of the flu, your only saving grace is you know each day you will be better, just tough out the rotten stage your in ๐Ÿ™ you have to hit bottom before you start getting an up, so listen to your books enjoy your x stitch and nap as much as possible, but plenty of soups/liquids ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope the weather picks up too, like yesterday, as that has a positive influence too…. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Afternoon Team! Sorry to hear that many of you have been in ill health or are in the mist of the flu…. tis the season.
    Welcome to all new members of Aussie Determination… may you all have success in your decision to change your WOL and WOE as well as the marvellous benefits of better health. ๐Ÿ™‚
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONDOLENCES over the past 2weeks… IT BROUGHT ME MUCH COMFORT XXXXXXX.
    I was lucky to have lunch when in Sydney with LOTUS! Lotus is so beautiful….her face just lights up when she smiles :). We meet at an Italian restaurant in Darling Harbour. We talked about everything we could fit in the time we had together. IT was very enjoyable. The transformation of LOTUS since January this year is incredible… she is so gorgeous.
    We both agreed that Darling Harbour should be considered as a venue for the reunion. Everything we could possible need is close at hand.
    Back to work tomorrow and a near to normal routine.
    My weight is 72kgs…. There is 3 weeks to our anniversary. For many of us who began 5:2 on the 15-18th September 2014….. will we reach our goal weights?. All of us have had amazing success thus far…..WE ARE AUSSIE DETERMINATION ….AND….WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
    Happy fast day tomorrow……….GO GAL xxxxxxxxx

Afternoon all bit late getting on today. Dawg I hope you get better soon – thinking of you. Fit you and me together re pre holiday weight – hope it’s pretty soon as it really does motivate you to keep on going down, & to stick to the agenda. CG hope you had a bit of rest and recovery yesterday. I’m doing mine today watching the footy, but hope the Eagles do better than the Dockers. Having my chicken pie for the footy but then have a healthy soup cooking for dinner that OH made while I was out this morning, cooking up all the vegies from the garden (I nearly had a heart attack!). Fit can’t believe you read 14 books while away – that’s amazing!! Gee Milena talk about going through the mill – what a dreadful experience. And you’re not pregnant – that always good to know! LOL Hope things settle down quickly for you.
    HI to YY GL Gyps 4sure GG Lotus & anyone I’ve missed. Trying to have a fairly controlled eating day with a few small treats like a sav blanc ready for a good week of FD’s coming up. Determined next week to up my exercise also as that’s slipped by the wayside since the holiday – so need to get back into the habit to help things along. Have a good last feed day all. suejen XXXX

Hi GG, lovely to see you back, I’ve been doing a bit of reading from our original posts when we first started. All keen and full of determination. That has never left us. Sure, members have come and gone, but it has been a long time, 12 months as GG said, so life goes on but a lot of us have stuck it out, not just staying with 5:2 but AUSSIE DETERMINATION. Thank you all for supporting our site. I know most of us could not have made this journey with out each other ๐Ÿ™‚ the journey does get difficult at times,our weight seems to zig zag with the same few K’s giving us no real losses but then again, we are not gaining that FAT back either. I don’t know what the answer to kick starting our losses again is, as in the beginning, I get frustrated with it, still wanting to lose another 5K, but on the other hand, happy with my track record of slow and easy. I am hoping once the cold weather is behind us and salad days start again, we may see better losses for us all. But remember, then comes the social season, so another catch 22. I guess being happy in our own bodies is our key, we are slimmer and healthier than we have been in years ๐Ÿ™‚ we are conscious of what we put in our mouths and our whole new way of life. We have made such wonderful “cyber” friends and all look forward to daily catch ups. Stick with it team, we must be doing something right because look how long we have lasted ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy the evening, have your day planned for tomorrows fast, as the weather warms up, drinking water will become easier, and don’t be hard on yourselves, 5:2 is only PART of your wonderful life NOT all of it! Xxxxxxxxx

MY wonderful CG…..as always you have hit the nail on the head! being with LOTUS brought back many treasured memories when YOU & FB, Andrew and I where together in Melbvagas You should have been there as well …as you where!
    Aussie Determination is a extremely unique group! I cannot wait REALLY for our reunion!!!!! may be sooner than we can hope for???????……GO GAL xxxxx

Xxxxxx to you GG

Hi All!
    Well, SJ, I’m down half a kg after fasting yesterday. That’s probably a bit of a false result but I hope I can make good enough choices to make sure it doesn’t go back on again. We’ll fight it out together and soon be back to where we were in no time! I will do another fast tomorrow and get back into the Mon/Thurs pattern to get into the routine again….the sooner life gets back to ‘normal’ the better.
    GG – lovely to hear all about your get together with Lotus. I’m sure she’s as gorgeous in person as she is here on this thread. I’m so glad you found some solace in all the messages of sympathy here…..we really are like an extended family here and our cyber love and support are genuinely meant.
    CG – hope you are going from strength to strength. It’s mostly down to you that this thread is still going strong almost a year on…you are Aussie Determination personified! Thank you so much for all your wisdom, advice, kind words, grit and kick-ass attitude!!
    Dawg – so sorry that you are still feeling lousy but very glad that you posted here to let us know how you are so that we can let you know we are right behind you and wishing you well. Keep warm, drink plenty fluids and rest up until the dreaded lurgy has passed xx
    Have a great week everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Fit I think you hit the nail on the head. CG talks about her aussie determination and grit and *$%%#@ mindedness…….but I think kick-ass attitude is the BEST description for her!! And yes the fact that the thread is still strong a year on is a true testament to her fabulous daily motivation. Yeah for CG.
    OH and I had a yearning half way through the footy for some cookies so I made some gingernuts. After consuming 3 (or was it 4?) of them I must now put them away in a tin so I don’t see them. Almost never have biscuits in the house apart from crackers. Probably shouldn’t do it again either! But have a nice healthy vegie soup for dinner & then maybe just a Jarrah hot choc & that’s it. Will avoid any bread after I’ve had the cookies already – fair’s fair eh.
    Oh and of course THE EAGLES WON BY A MILE, how could I have forgotten to skite about that one?! But not sure if anyone else follows the footy? anyone? It was a very exciting match to watch. Enjoy the rest of your day team & start planning and preparing for FD tomorrow. We know the drill…just gotta stick to it. Think about those sunny days around the corner & what you’d like to wear. Somewhere down the track (a few more kilos yet) I need to buy new bathers/swimsuit/cossie (whatever you call it in your part of the world!) so I’d like that weight to drop pretty regularly so I’m not still waiting for the bathers the NEXT summer. But we have to do the hard yards first, don’t we. Well no not really hard just stick to the routine. suejen XXXX

Hi All,

Reading these posts has given me the incentive to try FD again tomorrow. Thanks folks. Nighty night.

Thank you for the praise team, but this IS team effort and you all contributed, I’m just the nagger who keeps at you all ๐Ÿ™‚
    Ooooh suejen I adore ginger nuts, have from a kid, especially dunked in my tea, clever girl, I bet yours are better than the bought ones…NO I don’t want the recipe, I don’t need the extra temptations ๐Ÿ™‚
    4sure, stay with us, I’m sure this week should be better for you, don’t starve yourself, be senseable with your eating and keep up with your fluids, often what you perceive as hunger is only thirst ๐Ÿ™‚ Stick to your TDEE or slightly lower and 500 cals on fast days, eating plenty of fresh vegs or salads are bulking but add protein to help kerb your hunger as it keeps you fuller for longer
    Have a cosy evening team, nighty nite xxxxxx

Suejen, forgot to say I was a mad keen StKilda supporter for many years, I was in the cheer squad when we won our only grand Final in ’66, and still like to see us win, but having been broken hearted so many times, just sit back now! Shame, my loyalty is still with them but too far away to go to the game and don’t understand the rules much these days, they seem to be taken off if they break a finger nail! The game just doesn’t hold the same thrill for me as it used to ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxxx

Oh I have a little corner of my heart for St Kilda CG as my Dad was born there & loved the Saints, but even he had just about given up on them in his last years. Still barracked a bit but half heartedly. XX And you were in the cheer squad….wow!

And I would never give you that gingernut recipe CG cos it was terrible – well not terrible but not good!! I’d never actually made them before so grabbed the first recipe I found & it was a dud. They’re OK but….that’s about the best I could say for them. Not enough ginger or golden syrup & not crunchy enough – all the things you want in a gingernut! Never mind OH will polish them off gradually. XX

A cold rainy day on the coast. Its off to work I go with the boiled eggs and the Jarra and of course plenty of AUSSIE DETERMINATION!
    Have a fab FD team…. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! its going to be easy….. The 4″P’S” are your guide.
    Enjoy your day… keep busy to keep the hunger grumbles away……..GO GAL xxxx

Yes suejen, we never missed a game, a schoolfriend and I used to go by train and public transport every Saturday, the only game we missed were played at Geelong, just a bit too far! Her Dad and his mates used to go too, we’d meet up at games end for a ride home. My Dad used to buy my season ticket for me as part of my birthday present ๐Ÿ™‚ oh so very keen, then The Saints moved to the suberb where I lived, so did the players so got to know a few…exciting days in the 60’s ๐Ÿ™‚ ……..not to mention The Beatles, got to see them in concert too….. all my childhood memories innocent and wonderful days ๐Ÿ™‚
    Happy fast day team, not always easy but remember the good this is doing your body, results don’t just show on the scales and your inner health will benefit ๐Ÿ™‚ sure it does get frustrating at time, constantly doing the right thing and not thinking you get results, but hay, that fat has gone, that fat has not returned, the fat will NOT return ๐Ÿ™‚ and with Spring/Summer on the way, you will be looking for the extra water and eating salads till you’re sick of them! It will be hot this year too, usually after a very cold winter it follows ๐Ÿ™ and not always easy to take as well as the fires, all ahead of us so enjoy this respite from what’s to come ๐Ÿ™‚
    You are a beautiful person, you are unique and you can afford to be yourself, your pleasant persona is a joy to be around and you radiate friendship, there is no one like you, so be glad who you are, let others envy you, you are happy and positive yet show humility and a softness as you go through your day quietly…so………..just BE you ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxxxx

Good morning GG, enjoy your first day back…YOU CAN DO IT xxxxx

Hi all. My husband and daughter have this cold too but both intend to fast today so maybe I will after all, we shall see.

I am glad GG and Lotus had fun together. I would be up for an earlier reunion because I can’t do June next year if that is what was planned. I could certainly come to Sydney sometime this year or earlier next year though.

How amazing that it is nearly a year for many of you. I am a couple of months behind but what an achievement. It is so exciting! Thisthyme, you definitely have to stick with it and any other newer members reading this. Slow and steady wins the race for sure!

As far as footy goes, my husband, and therefore all the rest of us now, is a dyed in the wool Bombers supporter from childhood. He isn’t very happy with them this year thoughโ€ฆ.

It is going to be 28 here today. 8.30 now and all the doors are wide open, I can feel it already. Should put a “spring” in my step!

Have a good fast day everyone, and everyone look after yourselves.xx

We have had some nice days here so I have been out in the garden getting the grass down before summer. There are lots of small jobs to finish so will do a little bit each day. Just having the sunny days really lifts my spirits. I have received different compliments over the weekend and I nearly fell into the trap of saying it was nothing again dismissing my worth. I then thanked them for the thought.

I am still managing to lose weight, I am now down to 75.7kgs which I have not been since my early twenties. This is a mind hurdle that has been passed. I have dropped sugar, potatoes and pasta from my diet. This is not hard as I have never really liked potatoes. During the really cold days I cooked up a lot of family meals had one meal and I have frozen the rest. So I can have meals ready very quickly.

Golly Upt, 28 this early in the year, sound like you’re in for a stinker of a Summer…..I don’t envy anyone up North in the constant heat, I have family in Cleveland, born and bred, and even my Aunt complains of the heat, morning chores then hibernate the rest of the day, although she is 80 and feels it now ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxxx

GL, congratulation in putting that worth on yourself, re read my morning post, we all tend to put ourselves down, we look at others in awe, WHY, I’m happy for you getting out in the garden a joyous time with nature and rewarding when you see the results. Have a happy day, learn to love yourself, you are so worth it ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxxxx

SJ – good job on making the gingernuts so awful that you don’t want to eat them all…..clever strategy! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    4Sure – hope you have been inspired to keep going with your fast days; it will all be worth it, as I’m sure you have read from many of the posters here.
    GG – love the positivity – thanks!!
    CG – you sure have led a full and exciting life so far – here’s to the next chapter!
    UP – sorry to hear that you all have a miserable cold, so look after yourselves and don’t worry about fasting if you don’t feel up to it – you can easily get back on track when you feel better xx
    GL – well done on your loss to date, your lightest for years…brilliant!! Great idea to freeze extra meals to have ready for when you don’t feel like cooking because that’s often when we reach for the easy but unhealthy options. Keep up the good work.
    I’m going to do another fast day tomorrow to get back on track and kick start the loss of the holiday excesses. Feeling strong and determined because I know you all have my back. Best of luck to everyone for the week ahead. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi all. Old misery guts here. I’m still not well but don’t think I’m quite as bad as yesterday. My lovely neighbour has just come round with a lovely bunch of daffodils for me.
    CG as uslual you are your upbeat, encouraging self. GG It’s great that you were able to meet up with Lotus. I haven’t been to Darlling Harbour for years. It’s is a lovely and vibrant area.
    I’m not fastijg today. I checked my weight this morning. I don’t seem to have lost any. I’m in the same boat as many of you. I’m stuck between 67 & 68 kilos. I agree that once the warmer weather comes. It should be easier to start losing again. I was aiming to reach 65 Kilos by my anniversary which is 1/2/16. Hopefully I can reach it and perhaps a few less. I really would like to be able to swim at our beautiful beach this year but have been embarrassed by my rotund shape. So that’s something to aim for. I’m not really a footy fan. When we first came to live in Oz we were taken to watch Melbourne play Geellong. Gary Ablett senior was playing. I became a lukewarm Melbourne supporter but they’ve been a disappointment for far too long. CG I’m pleased that we won the last cricket match to salvage some pride.
    XX Dawg

Well everyone’s on the ball this morning and nice to see so many people posting. Yes we all need each other’s encouragement and support – it just makes the journey so much easier. After days & days of rain we have 4 sunny days ahead so walks are on the agenda. Eggs boiled, cooking Lotus’s Chicken & Almonds for dinner, one coffee with milk, a Vegemite drink & a Jarrah hot choc & the day is done. Into bed well and truly happy that another mission has been accomplished! You know “Your mission today should you choose to accept it………”. Well we all know what the mission, is no need to open that envelope, just plan and prepare and then persist with your fast day plan. So stick to your goals & you will succeed. Our bodies are getting ready to shed that winter padding & we’ll all start losing again & zooming towards our goals.
    Have a great day all. suejen XXXX
    PS My gingernuts are safely out of sight in a tin & won’t bother me today! Fit you’re right…they won’t even call me name they were so average. XX
    Dawg not quite as bad as yesterday is a start hey, and let’s hope for a “much better” report tomorrow. Rest up & recover.

GG forgot to to say….so good to see your encouraging & bright & breezy post again this morning. And to have you actively back on the team. Have missed your posts. Have a great day. XX

Ooo! There you all are! Thank goodness! Phew! It’s one thing to be too busy or slack to post and quite another to be unable to connect to the site! I’ve had two days of being adrift. Just a blank screen and no links working for several sites, my Email and MFP included! Imagine my frustration. Fancy not having access to Cg’s motivational sally’s when required!!!! Finally I discovered it was because I installed a ‘hide me’ encryption app a few weeks ago and an up date made it turn on automatically (whereas it had been a manual choice for when downloading). All I had to do was switch it off and there you all were!
    So, good morning all! Am having a FD whilst distracting myself catching up on posts. So good to see so many back on board. So appreciate your support of my woes even when my head’s not in the game. Thanks everyone, all is well in my world ATM.

And yes, Suejen, I too have had a lifetime of footy in various forms. Not the least of them as a college football, sports med nurse. Can’t say I really appreciated the game, but I came to and my enlightenment was a torturous path……

On F-F-FOOTBALL!!!!…..

(From my โ€˜Sporting Mayhem Myths..โ€™ collection 1990โ€™s era)

Football ( to a nurse) is a bloody, awful game
    The object is to flatten evโ€™ry limb and leave it lame….

โ€œPull him DOWN yaโ€™ slacker! Shove him in the dirt!โ€

โ€œSave the flaminโ€™ ball!โ€…..(to hell with who gets hurt..)

Bellows from the crowd damn the refereeโ€™s intent
    The foulest tackleโ€™s fine if the oppositionโ€™s bent
    Even when itโ€™s ours, fair crippled from the blow
    Itโ€™s โ€œGet the ice! Yaโ€™ mug! Get him up and go!โ€

Torn and bleeding muscles go unheeded in the swelling
    As they rally to their God… โ€œPlay on!โ€ The coach is yelling

They scorn the nurseโ€™s screeching… โ€œGet him off! It should be banned!โ€
    Grinning from their stretchers….I just couldnโ€™t understand…..

โ€œCongratulations, hereโ€™s your crutches…โ€ Is that what they expect?
    How can I be delighted in a win that got โ€˜em wrecked?

Ahh….I had much to learn of the spirit of the game…
    The ball is not the prize, just the symbol of an aim
    A gladiator sport full of leadership and battle
    It prepares a man for life! Defines him from the cattle

To win he must be brave – strive to rise again
    Set upon a goal – Undefeated by the pain
    To rise up in their ranking is a challenge to be won
    ‘Tis mine to nurse their ills and admired their brand of FUN…

Just a bit of Munday nonsense… cheers! Gyps

Seriously, Milena, cholecystitis? That’s a painful puppy! Sorry for you. Nasty way to lose weight, but it must have been brewing for some time. Probably had grumblings every time you ate a fatty meal (bile is what travels through the bile duct, from the Gaul bladder, to the stomach to digest fat and if the duct is blocked with Gaul stones, the muscular contractions to push bile along the tube causes pain ( and often nausea when eating any fat because the bile can’t get through to deal with it’s digestion). It’s all tied up with the liver system which doesn’t function well under those conditions, either. thus contribute to general tiredness and ,bingo! weight gain! and you will feel heaps better now (once the swelling goes down – as I used to say in my patient patter). lots of clear fluids and fresh fruit and veg for a bit. Get well. xx

Dawg, sorry you’re still not well, either, just rest up and remember the rule of thumb re viral coughs and colds… ‘treat it and the thing will last 2 weeks – leave it alone and it will go away in 14 days!’ . Good book chicken soup and have the mutt warm your feet. hugs

GG, glad you’re back in form, mate. we have missed you. I think you Darling Harbour re-union idea sounds like a goer. I will need a leash and a keeper in the city. last time I ventured to Sydney I got lost and couldn’t find a person who spoke English for several blocks! just like going overseas!

BTW, my you-beaut travel discount offer thingy turned out just to be cuts for me if I enviegled others to take groups cruises (with them paying full price) so it’s no advantage to anyone. Sorry about the bum steer (about a zillion pages back). Still have a cruise in mind for ‘sometime’ though. but only Oz coastline. Maybe like CG said, incorporated into the reunion in Sydney?

Fit, is it still nice weather for you over there? You must dread winter! As I do our summer. I’m glad you and Up are back in the loop, too. I’m further north than you UP, and agree it’s getting hotter faster up this way. My caravan has no aircon, so might have to rethink either timing of destination for a trip before high summer. Nice to have options though. Happy at home ATM.
    Yappy, too. better get out of the computer chair for a bit. haven’t eaten so far so am on track. Boiled egg and vegemite soup with a side munch of raw greens from the garden I think. Great to see you are on the ‘mend it or motivate it’ track again CG (but bugga the housework!). Hi to yummy and GL and hello, 4sure!High thyme I said “welcome”. Later, all. Cheers! Gyps

It’s always lovely to have your input “Matron” Gyps ๐Ÿ™‚ hope you both have a happy day, thinking of you xxxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 7,451 through 7,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.