August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 883 total)

• Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Having my eating window earlier today. 17.5:5.5 setting me up for a 24 or 5 hour FD breaking it with a meal with a friend tomorrow evening.

@redrockgirl – are doing okay? You’ve been checking in but not telling us about hikes etc.

@rainbowsmile- I hope you heal up well after you’re fall.

@diana123 – that’s rough when someone you love doesn’t eat. That seemed to happen to my mom recently. I went up to help give my dad a break from feeding her. While I was there she started reaching for the fork to feed herself. She started eating again that week. My brother said it was a miracle. It’s hard to know what’s going on in a person’s mind sometimes. Are there other family members, or friends who could come around and visit your MIL? It might encourage her & you.

Day 22 – Japan – NFD

Day 22 London UK FD

Very quiet in here since yesterday and I hope all is well with everyone.

@rainbowsmile am thinking of you and your tumble and hoping it was nothing more serious that a few bumps and bruises. A bit worried to be honest and will be glad to hear from you now.

@rara0292 I was so sorry to read about your friends passing. I hope you have support and people who you can talk to about her. Memories are a very useful tool in the grieving process.

@diana123 you are in my thoughts too. How did the visit from the hospice go? And how is you mil today?

@anna6 Tooth pain is dreadful and I’m glad you had it see to so quickly. Hope you feel better very soon.

I completed FD at 451 yesterday and will have another one today. My last one before we go away and being realistic I’m not going to commit to any now for while we are away. It’s been a long few months with some stressful times behind the scenes. So this trip is about a slower pace, relaxing and enjoying time with family. Of course that doesn’t have to mean EFS(!!) but I’ll be mindful when we aren’t eating out or enjoying little ones birthday party on Sunday! Will still try to check in here everyday to keep my mind somewhat in check!

It’s my son’s second birthday today 🎉! Feel quite emotional at the thought of two years ago. I was lucky to have a birth that was calm (despite the pain!) and he came into the world eyes wide open, taking it all in. He’s full of fun, he’s curious and caring, with a touch of mischief and a lot of love. He has been my joy, my love, my strength and a constant reminder of what’s important in life. He calls me “mama” and it makes my heart ache with love. It is unlikely that we will have another child and I thank the universe that I was fortunate enough to have him. It is a privilege.

Starting Day 22 Pocket List now in case I don’t get to log in later:

@beedoo

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, fd

I hadn’t time to weigh myself this morning as my daughter came with her son at 6.35 am when I had just woken up. She left early for the other island of Malta as she was working there today. I took her son to play school at 8.00 am and now I’m babysitting my other grandson as my eldest daughter is staying with us until tomorrow. I’m also babysitting my granddaughter as my second daughter has her private clinic today.

I mean to fast today. I’ll start a pocket list

@anna6

Have a great Wednesday you beautiful folks. Onwards and downwards.

Day 22 – Ireland – FD

Tipping along and staying on the straight and narrow except for a slight blowout at the weekend when we celebrated my dad’s 90th birthday. Fabulous celebration. Lots of cakes had though so will work hard this week to achieve some loss… I am bobbing up and down at the moment… 90 km cycle last night as it was a beautiful balmy evening here in Ireland.. seems like summer is not over just yet..😁

@rainbowsmile I hope that you are doing ok after your fall…

@beedoo
    @anna6
    @jaifaim

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I don’t plan to have an FD today but I do plan a less than 1000 cal day. Still a tad bloated from the weekend, and now a but bunged up with “food in transit” so more detox tea and water today. I plan a long walk at lunchtime (I find an hour long break for lunch to be very long so I need to get out in the air) followed by a small oat bran sandwich and ham to break my fast. I might just have chicken bone broth for evening meal. If I do it will be an impromptu FD. If not, there is a chicken and chickpea casserole in the fridge, it’s has a few spuds in it, so not FD friendly.

Ohh it’s raining out, again, after the wonderful dry and sunny summer it’s hard to get back to reality. There is still a hose pipe ban I believe, hard though that is to think of, but all I have to do is look at the depth of the river running through my village and you could wade in it, it’s so shallow.

Had a lovely evening planting up my seed potatoes in grow bags and pots, all hopefully to be harvested in time for Christmas dinner 😆 Sorry for mentioning the Christmas word, but us gardeners must plan ahead! My tomatoes are extremely abundant this year, so much so that I have to freeze them as can’t keep up with the sauces and soup making. I have three pots of chillis that are fruiting well so they should be ready to harvest in another few weeks. Unfortunately my lemons did not fruit this year, neither did my brand new potted plum tree, guess that drought was too much for them, though I would have thought the lemons would have been ok.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

Happy birthday to your son @beedoo and enjoy your trip.
    @diana123 your MIL is in my prayers, as are you, it’s been a tough year for you.

It seems very quiet here this week. Missing the regular contributions of @cornish-jane, @debster251, @bert1802 and loads more. Hope everyone is ok and will start checking back in soon. I plan to stay here to help me maintain 🤗

Day 22, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

Feeling like I achieved something yesterday with a FD of only 300cals, I had a soup to break my fast at 3pm then got home, completed 30 DS and needed water rather than the yoghurt I had planned, so FD done!!!!

@diana123, so sorry to hear about your MIL not eating, it’s so hard to see, the same thing happened with my dad, he couldn’t even eat the chocolate we would sneak past my mum. Whether not eating is her choice or not, I hope she is comfortable and pain free.xxx

@daffodil2010, you can’t be missing the glasshouse since you’ve your own crop to contend with!!! Maybe the summer hols has depleted our forum and they’re lying on a beach somewhere!! @mjrbcd & @coda included.

I feel like I’m back to normal after a successful FD, I really need to get to grips with my hormones and NFDs …………………….. planning, planning & more planning. Although I still have to actually stick to that plan!!!!!

Stay strong everyone

Day 22 Belfast NFD. Sorry long post
    Home from the west coast of Ireland – no fasting, a little excess baggage and a confession! On Sunday night, (OH’s birthday) we went out for a lovely meal then sat out till 10pm overlooking the lake and watching it get dark. Well, this bottle of Gin kept calling…. I admit I gave in and enjoyed two love cool G& Ts and a small glass of wine with my meal. So sorry August Abstainers. ☹️
    @beedoo I cooked your casserole last night. Delicious!
    @shinything – chasing murmurating starlings might be a risky business – a bit of room for disappointment there lol!
    @diana123 So sorry to hear about your MIL. It’s such a big responsibility caring for our ageing parents.
    @michelinme – your journey back to full health is a long one. Sometimes, with modern medicine, we underestimate the seriousness of our illness. I wish you swift healing.
    @lilymartin – wrens are one of my favourite birds but blue ones… well!
    @strawberriesandcream – love the friendship quote and good luck with your couch to 5K, the mention of which reminds me… @coda hope all is well with you.
    @daffodil2010 – if it’s near a river, it’s probably a kingfisher. They’re quite hard to spot until you catch an iridescent flash and they dart around. We have kingfishers on the bank of the River Lagan.
    @ metatauta – happy belated birthday.
    @moukinator – I find that 16:8, if you can manage it, gives you more flexibility. Enjoy your break.
    @missybear -excitement building? I wish you all the joy in the world, have a wonderful day.
    @mogaman – a new puppy! How exciting!
    Such a pretty dress @ Rainbowsmile. You’ll look fab!
    And you too @at. Phase eight is a brand I avoided in my fatter days! I must give them a whirl! You’ll look gorgeous! In answer to your dragon suggestion, the gin dragon escaped from my friend’s caravan ha ha! And no, she didn’t have to persuade me!
    @rainbowsmile – Sadly I can join the HP moustache club. 😡Pilates has restarted so that’s my new terms goal! How annoying you fell. I hope your pride heals as well as your body wounds! Nothing worse than taking a tumble.
    @beedoo if you’ve only had two takeaways since June, you’re doin’ alright girl! Just press that reset button! Happy birthday to your little son.
    @rara0292 so sorry to hear about your friend.

Well, with all this talk about weddings, I have a little bit of exciting news to impart. A couple of weeks ago YS and I went jewellery shopping (just browsing!) and yesterday he popped the question and of course she said yes! They’re coming up today to buy the ring and tonight we’re off for a nice meal and a glass of bubbly. I’m delighted. She’s such a lovely girl and SO good for him.

So I shall have a BIG reset tomorrow.
    Remember:
    Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”

Day 21, NE England, FD

On no @rainbowsmile – that’s going to put your dancing on hold for a while – but more important to make sure your ankle is 100% healed. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. I scoured the H&M site and could not find any of my new clothes – including the fantastic chunky jumper and matching flatties in dusky pink that I forgot to mention yesterday. My running clothes are mixtures of black, gray and turquoise to match my turquoise shoes.
    Well done @shinything – you’re on a roll!
    @flourbaby – I think The Plant Paradox diet could certainly (and by all accounts does) work for people with a whole range of autoimmune diseases. But that old adage – ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ applies to the majority of us thank goodness. Right now I need to be cutting ALL food out of my diet as the scales are heading upwards at an alarming rate this week!!!!
    Hahaha – I actually googled (mah muh-thuh wuz from Alabama) @songbirdme before the penny dropped!!! I can guarantee white shoes would last me one day and come home scuffed beyond repair!
    @rara0292 – really sorry to hear your sad news and sending a virtual hug.
    @fatfingers – I’ve been doing a lot more reading about fasting and your fasting when ill is giving your body more opportunity to put its energy into getting you better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    @diana123 – thinking of you and your family.
    Hope your difficult situation is resolved quickly @michelinme. Not what you need right now.
    @anna6 – what a impressively prompt service from your dentist – glad your tooth is fixed.
    @dykask – all the best for a good NFD – you mentioned you overate on your last one.
    Sending sunny thoughts your way @missybear – enjoy your day with your friends.

Another cup of tea or two then out for 2nd couch to 5K session.

Keep on keeping on – the end of August is in sight.

Day 22 UK CD

Yesterday evening became a bit of emotional eating, feeling anxious and stuck. Successfully finished up the gf crackers so there are none left to eat and I won’t be buying any more. But thankfully, following Sunday’s EFS, there weren’t many left! Thanks to the otherwise warrior day (20:4) I still finished at under 1200 calories for the day.

I hate that I fall back into emotional eating patterns when anxious, and am giving myself a good pep talk today. I will not get subsumed in anxiety or negativity, and will encourage myself to think positively, practice good self-care, and do my gentle best all day.

Slow late start with practical chores this morning, thinking and reading. Now off to do yoga, meditation, shower and change, then get in a couple of hours project work before going into town for a meeting at the end of the afternoon. I’ve restricted myself to just one meeting, and postponed the more difficult one to next week so I’ve more time to think and prepare. Start where I am, use what I have, do what I can – and let go of the rest.

@beedoo happy 2nd birthday to your delightful son 🙂
    @anna6 I hope your tooth feels better today. Goodness but you are a wonderfully-supportive mother & grandmother!
    @jaifaim i love to hear about your cycles!. I used to do lots myself but sadly health doesn’t permit now. There’s nothing like a solo cycle at the end of a day to reset brain and body 🙂
    @daffodil2010 that’s not rambling, that’s gardening notes – and you have lemon and plum trees?! How wonderful to have all your horticultural knowledge and experience to use in your own garden. I stopped growing tomatoes when I started getting joint pains, but if there’s no effect when I stop eating them this time I’ll definitely grow some next year. My freezer is currently 2/3 full of blackberries and elderberries, and some sliced apple – and it’s only a 3 drawer under fridge one!
    @debster251 lovely to hear from you, hope you had a lovely holiday. Thank you for your good wishes, and reminder about the need for healing time. Many congratulations on your future DIL 🙂 x

Good luck to all who are fasting today, and wishing you all a happy Wednesday x

Day 22, Dublin Ireland, NFD

Haven’t posted in a while but still here enjoying reading everyone’s posts. So close to the end of the month but still 3lbs to my monthly goal. However slow and steady and I will keep going. I really struggled yesterday, on the verge on EFS! However managed to keep it at a CFD. Few social events over the next few days with a co workers leaving lunch today, a catch up dinner tomorrow with a friend home from London and a birthday dinner for my brother at the weekend. I swear if I was a hermit I would be skinny but then how boring my life would be 🙂 🙂 🙂

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Quick check in to remind me to stay mindful, there are tempting treats in the house 😱 but at least I’ve got lots to do to keep my mind occupied. I’m looking forward to tomorrow 👰 🤵 thanks for the sunny thoughts and best wishes. I may not have time to get onto the internet for a few days but I will definitely be here for FD on Monday.

Keep on keeping on everyone 😎

Day 22 North canton Oh Healthy eating day

this is one of my busiest weeks and yesterday was especially busy I did not have time to post and I feel like I am completely out of the loop. I have to get caught up!

@rainbowsmile sorry about the fall and ankle, I hope you feel better soon
    @anna6 sorry about the tooth, those can hurt!
    @diana123 so sorry about your MIL, bless you for being there for her
    @beedoo I was so touched by your note about your son.

Stay strong everyone, so much appears to be happening but blips, bumps, EFS and falls aside; we got this 🙂

Day 22 USA (Illinois) CD

Going to try to do a modified, maybe 1000 calorie day today.

Activities and eating was okay yesterday with the giving blood and all. Today is yoga followed by Silver Sneakers. It’s hard to believe we are still in August with our nights getting down to 50′ F. (10′ C.) and our pool still filled. It’s supposed to get hot again this weekend, but looks like pool season is nearly over. Often we can keep swimming with the pool heater into September, but this summer has been quite different.

Onward and downward.

Day 22, UK, NFD

Its been a nice day so far, I think its going to be around 1000 cal one since I only had a small piece of my home made sourdough bread with some butter and planning to have just one more meal 🙂
    My garden was very lively today with a bunch of tits flying around and feeding, mama robin with her teen child hehe 😀 , greenfinch and the usual suspects, my beloved starlings :D. It was such a joy watching them :sun:

@michelinme I hope your difficult situtation resolves itself fast, I don’t like difficult situations, specially when they go on. No wonder you feel anxious. Sending some calming vibes your way xx

@beedoo Happy 2nd Birthday to your little one 🎂 , I hope you all have a wonderful day, your post really touched me ❤

@anna6 I hope your toothache has gone 🙂 , you are such a wonderful mother and grandmother ❤

@daffodil2010 do you mind sharing your chicken and chickpea casserole recipe please? Sounds really tasty 🙂

@debster251 I know that it might be disappointing and I might not get to see murmurating starlings as they don’t do it all the time I believe? I wanna give it a chance and see if I get lucky 🙂 , and how wonderful to hear about your son popping the question to his gf 😀

@missybear enjoy your special day tomorrow 👰 🍾 💘

I’m just a bit worried about you after that fall @rainbowsmile, waiting to hear from you and see that you are ok.

Hope everyone is having a good day 🌻

Day 22 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Got WiFi taken care of over the phone yesterday so hopefully my son will come by to connect my computer soon. Looking forward to posting via computer. Could someone add me to the FD list?

@beedoo – happy 2nd birthday to your son! I’m glad you’re his mama.

@debster251 – how exciting to have a DIL on the horizon in your family!

@anna6 – is that 3 grand you’re watching today? And you’ll be cooking for them while you fast. Is that challenging?

Off to mtg about part time work…

Glad we’re together on this journey!

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, cd

2nd post

Strawberriesandcream I have a wonderful dentist who gives us prompt service when necessary. I have another appointment with him for checkup and cleaning in October.

Michelinme, basyjames, shinything, and AnneMarilyn I try to be the best I can via my children and grandchildren. I help my children when I babysit my grandkids. I try to enjoy my time with them by reading to them and sometimes playing with them. However today I had to take my son to a private Maltese lesson and had to take my grandchildren with me. It was easy to get them in the car and out ol the garage as we installed an up and over garage door in February and it made our life easier. It rained so hard when I went to bring my son back that my back got wet just from the car across the pavement and up three steps to the covered porch of front door. We needed the rain but it took forever going and coming with my son as the roads were filled with water.

Incidentally Annemarilyn I cook and prepare food but today was not so successful fd but a cd at around 1,200 calories. My eldest daughter s boyfriend brought us some small delicious pastries when he came visiting this evening and I consumed one and a half. Today I cooked corn fed chicken with vegetables baked with basil, mint and thyme plus seasoning and extra virgin olive oil baked in the oven. I don’t usually find it difficult to fast as I got used to babysitting and cooking for the family.

Thanks for your comments. Good night 💤🌙😴😘

Day 22 UK second post

Accidental FD, and I’m keeping this one! No gf crackers left in the house – yay! And amazingly i’ve not actually got round to baking this week’s oat&seed loaf, and have couple of slices of last week’s still left in the freezer 🙂

@rainbowsmile hope you are deep in healing sleep and wake feeling better. It’s not like you to not be here, so trying not to worry about you in your absence. Sending healing vibes xx

@shinything woohoo on only one small piece of sourdough! And thank you for calming vibes 🙂 I’m not at all good at conflicts either. I’m feeling so much better this afternoon, and can’t believe how anxious i was – and indeed that i’d been carrying that anxiety for over a month, flaring up to be paralysing. It’s a difficult situation but I let it go way over my boundaries and invade my headspace. SO thankful now it’s shrunk to size and I feel so much better. Still need to have the difficult conversation but now it’s simply a difficult conversation rather than being so huge in my head. Yay! 🙂

@annemarilyn hope your internet is sorted very soon – can’t believe how patient you have been!

Day 22 Pocket list

@beedoo
    @anna6
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @strawberriesandcream
    @annemarilyn
    @michelinme !

Day 22 ID USA, Warrior FD

Another busy day here, almost quit on my FD as I was really hungry by lunch. I think the reason was it was my first time running in the morning in quite some time. I had work to do that needed to be done during the lunch break, however, with other’s needing to log off our share company file, so I pressed on and by the time the break was over and I had drunk another 20 ounces of water I decided I could make it. 🙂

I haven’t made much progress on my meadow outside as the air quality is still so poor, but rain is predicted this weekend so I am hopeful to still be able to finish tilling and raking and be ready to plant early next spring.

@diana123 – praying for you and for your family.

@beedoo – What a beautiful tribute to your little boy!

@daffodil2010 – I adore Christmas. I’m already working on a few gifts and even a new tree skirt for my tree. Never to early to say that word for me 🙂

Way to go @flourbaby – 30 day shred on b2b2b, You rock!

@debster251 – glad your OH’s birthday was lovely. Sounds so peaceful! – and a new daughter in law to be. fun!

Good to hear from you @louiseo46. Way to go on reigning in the EFS desires. I hate those hungry days that nothing seems to satisfy!

Trying to put together today’s pocket list:

@beedoo
    @anna6
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @annemarilyn
    @foodfreedomgirl

Day 22, Guildford UK, NFD

Sorry not able to check in, spent the day in A&E at Surrey Hospital and there were 50 in front of me.

I drove to work and after an hour at work my foot swelled like the elephant man. One of my people at work took me to A&E where they forced me to sit down and put my foot up. The bruise is going to be spectacular.

There is good news and there is bad news. The good news is that it isn’t the ankle or the tendons or joint. The bad news is that it is the fifth metatarsal and it is broken, but luckily in zone 1.

I refused a cast and have a boot. The X ray showed the broken bone and it is a straightforward break, nothing complex. My bone density is that of a 30 year old! And they were astonished that the break is so ordinary and that I am positive about it.

They won’t let me drive with a boot on my left foot even with an automatic (which I might have to hire). I must not put weight on my foot.

Now which dress will complement a black boot?

They say 3 months to healing at my age, I said nonsense 3 months it will be 3 weeks! I fast and have a WOL to support.

So I am formulating a plan of action.

—————————-

@diana123 I am including MIL in my daily votive.

@rara0292 my sincerest condolences on the loss of your friend. I am praying for her family.

@michelinme please don’t worry I have my team behind me and I am determined to heal and find the advantage in everything. Apologies for not logging in. I woke and am now watching YouTube’s on healing bones fast. Good for you in sorting the difficult convo into your story as just one convo. The important thing is that the EFS doesn’t define you.

@anna6 why does your food always sound so yummy and tempting!

@annemarilyn I echo the comments on your patience about your internet.

@songbirdme whenever I read silver sneakers I smile, well you know…….

@shinything only a broken bone, it’s ok. Going to see this as a challenge.

@basyjames that is so, it’s great.

@louiseo46 you made it! No EFS……

@strawberriesandcream I will have to use my imagination on the clothes but I am sure you look amazing.

@debster251 HP moustache tummy? You too? Urgggggg on that tummy

@beedoo it’s fine. I am ok. No fears.

@flourbaby dreams of bread delectibles? Hope that doesn’t break a fast! So so tempting, dream on.

—————————–

I have a lot more to post and will do so later today as it is after midnight.

Yesterday’s sunshine for every day

https://youtu.be/jqumfeq6_Hc
    ————

Day 22 pocket list is on @michelinme thread above

Mari

Hello all
    I have been missing for a while and not caught up on any posts, I hope you are all well. I posted Monday week ago, 13th, but didn’t realise I was not logged in and lost it. I never really got a chance to come back on and retype it. I got busy in work and busy in life. We are the proud Grandparents of baby Theo born 14th 6lbs.7ozs and absolutely beautiful. I will most likely not get much chance to post. If I put this link this may explain what I’m feeling for those that know a little about what has been going on.
    https://goo.gl/images/MoQMkK
    Sorry its a bit cryptic I’ll be back at some point, you are all in my thoughts as I know I’m in yours 💔

@missybear love and best wishes for a wonderful day x

I’m back from Rome and I’m a heffalump. It was lovely but I’ve got to get back on track. Thought it was a good idea to start my day with ripe melon ( late start, noon). But it sooooo wasn’t. I feel really hefty. Hey ho. I’m keen to get back to fasting so that’s good. And no alcohol. Phew.

@coda – how wonderful that baby Theo arrived! Oh so happy for you and your OH!

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday was almost an FD, certainly very controlled although I didn’t have time to count calories. But I wanted to celebrate! I was asked to commit to a longer contract of work with the new job, I am very competent and diligent apparently, and the manager wants to get me on her team now (even though I have 3 weeks hols coming up, PLUS another week in November) rather than letting me go off and she having to recruit and me getting taken in by another company….blah blah.

I said………YES!!

Wow, how quickly everything is happening and changing. Three weeks ago I was in the depths of anxiety and despair, now this. Plus, I won some money on the lotto (not a life changing amount but a weeks wages worth ☺️), and then I receive a notice from my old pace, the big multinational, telling me I have profit shares coming my way from the year I left! It’s all good abundant news!! From nothing to lots of things! Happy days.

FD today with yoga tonight. I am usually ravenous after yoga so will have a late supper. I feel so happy!!

@rainbowsmile my goodness take care of that break and I am so sure you will heal quickly due to your determination and this WOL

@coda congrats on your grandson. Hope you will be ok, I fully understand that critic link…many hugs

@EmmaTaylor thanks for that “Lost Connections” recommendations- I am reading it at bedtime and its eye opening

@debster251 how exciting to be getting a DIL. Congratulations 🤗 Oh and I am so excited to think that the bird near our river is a kingfisher. Yes it must be, that iridescent flash is so distinctive. I googled, and blue wrens are only native to Western Australia so kingfisher it must be ☺️

@michelinme I really dont do conflict well either, glad that you have parsed it down to a difficult conversation only. Best of luck.

@shinything your birdies sound great, no finches in my garden but I need to mix up my feed. This summer it’s really only been the fat balls but need to get some peanuts, fruit and seeds for the other varieties. My chicken and chickpea casserole was literally diced and quickly fried chicken breasts, chickpeas, an onion and garlic, some carrots, peas, spinach, a tin of condensed chicken soup, put into the oven at 180c for about an hour and a half, then threw in some boiled spuds for another few minutes. Even more delicious the next day 😀

Day 23 – Ireland – CD

My FD was challenging yesterday but made it through and looking to a controlled day today…
    Feeling lighter although not sure that is reflected on the scales..
    @coda, I love that link and empathise with you…
    @missybear – all the best for a wonderful day – it sounds just perfect. Enjoy every minute!
    @michelinme – yes my bike is my very happy place… I have a very busy job and life generally and rarely stand still but find my headspace on two wheels 😁. I switch between group riding and solo spins depending on my mood, weather etc.
    @rainbowsmile – glad to hear you are ok but mind yourself as you heal..
    Onward and downward!
    Have a great day..

Especially today for @missybear, so we can join in and celebrate for her and her soon to be DH and with them.

This song was chosen by @missybear and her OH for their wedding.

As you listen to this wonderful song as @missybearsigns the register feel part of that celebration and loving environment.

https://youtu.be/AS3m1-MaQHM

Songbirds do sing in the sunlight.

Mari

Day 22, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Feeling a little drained this morning, I’m probably lacking something, I’m just not sure what!!!

Glad to hear you’re on the mend @rainbowsmile & yes, flourbabies ALWAYS dream about fresh from the oven bread …………… cakes, croissants, biscuits …….. you get the gist!!!!

Happy Wedding Day @missybear, I hope it goes splendidly!!!!

@coda, congratulations on the new arrival, I hope he becomes the healing salve to difficult relationships ……………………. I’ve heard, babies, kittens & puppies can do that!!!!

Just over a week to go and the bouncy-bouncy scales are doing their usual thing, I feel cheated out of copious amounts of red wine!!!!! Only joking, I might have a 6lb whoosh next week!!!!! Although, considering I’ve let myself down on the water front, I have only myself to blame!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!!

Day 23, Newcastle, NFD

2nd C25K run and 1st FD of the week achieved yesterday.

Love & best wishes for a fantastic wedding day @missybear.
    Lovely family news @debster251 🙂
    @Louseo46 – slow & steady is good – flexibility is the joy of this WOL.
    @rainbowsmile – you have the same injury that I have recently recovered from. Please don’t rush it. I did and it extended my recovery by many months. I finally did as I was told by my Doctor and it’s absolutely fine now. Wish I’d been sensible in the first place. I know how you are going to miss Ceroc too.
    Congratulations @coda on the birth of your grandson.
    Well done @EmmaTaylor – you’re my AF hero! For all I’m having the occasional beer when out – I am feeling so much happier without wine in my life. My enthusiasm for life has returned in spades and I’m planning to ditch ‘the happy pills’ after nearly 20 months. You’ll tame that heffalump in no time.
    Fantastic news all round @daffodil2010!! Doesn’t it go to show that worry does nothing to change a situation except make the worrier feel worse.

My latest strategy – haha – is to go OMAD between now and the end of the month in attempt to counter the recent gain (which I’m remembering is likely a result of the cake fests when our friend was visiting).

“I feel like I have a new life and I’m going to take full advantage of it.” – William Green

Day 23 Belfast RESET day!

Had a lovely evening with young son and his fiancée. A nice meal and then we paid silly money for a round of drinks in a bar on the 26th floor of a new hotel with panoramic views of the city as it got dark and the lights twinkled. That’s one way of curbing your alcohol intake lol! Future DIL has promised to involve me in dress buying, which, as a mother of two sons, I look forward to. I feel very lucky to get on well with both sons’ girls.

@louiseo46 we went to do the Cuilcagh mountain walk but sadly no dogs allowed so no walk done. Will have to save that one for another day.
    @coda – many congratulations on the birth of baby Theo. I hope you’ve had the opportunity for a love and a cuddle with your little one. Thinking of you xo
    @missybear – happy wedding day!
    @daffodil – it’s your time. I’m so pleased!
    Love the quote @ strawberriesandcream!

Feeling very positive this morning. My YS has done his girl proud. She is on cloud nine and I’m very proud of the fine young man he has grown into. And I guess it’s confirmation that our parenting skills are OK too! As my boys embark on their future lives, it’s a timely reminder that we must live our own lives like there is tomorrow. It’s so easy to look backwards with self pity and ‘what ifs’.

Remember. You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending. – C S Lewis

ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS!

Day 23, UK, FD

Determined to make this day a successful FD! I need it, need to correct my wrong turn last month. Staying the course 💪

@rainbowsmile I’m sorry to hear about the break 🙁 , but its good that its a straight forward one! You have a great attitude, that will cut the healing time in half, stay strong but take it easy and let your body use all the energy to heal 🤗

@coda big congrats on becoming a grandmother ❤ . We must stay positive, everything will be fine 🤗

@emma Taylor welcome back 😀

@daffodil2010 wow! You are on a roll! Congrats on winning some lottery money and new job contract, and receiving profit from shares, that is fantastic, really happy for you :D. And thank you for that recipe, I’ll try it 😀

@missybear its raining here, so I hope that we took all the rain away from you on your special day 💑 . Congratulations, Happy Wedding Day 🎉 🍾 ❤

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @debster251 (?)
    @shinything

Lets do this together 🤗

Hi. @daffodil2010 – what a huge difference in a short space of time. How great that must feel. That nasty man did you a big favour. How kind of him…
    The bit I liked most about that book Lost Connections was about how we all need to find ways to stay connected to people to be truly human and happy. Just like we are doing here…
    @strawberriesandcream – well done you for keeping away from alcohol. When we were away, I had the odd sip of various drinks that I used to have – grappa, Campari, red wine. They were really tiny sips, and I didn’t like the taste ( amazing!) but I realise what an utterly stupid thing that is to do. For me, it’s a VERY slippery slope, so there will be no more of that.
    @shinything – thanks for the welcome back. I feel like I’ve been away forever. My DH booked a lot of holidays in this first year of retirement, and although I don’t want to sound ungrateful, it makes me feel a bit adrift. This is one of my anchors. H

Day 23, Surrey (UK), FD

Turning a corner, as the nasty chest infection is s-l-o-wly releasing its vice-like grip. So, I’m chancing another FD today. Thanks for all the good wishes, and likewise my thoughts and wishes to those who are struggling with challenges today, of any kind.

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @debster251 (?)
    @shinything
    @fatfingers

Day 23 – UK – FD
    Day 21 – 22 NFD

Apologies for my absence – a busy week full of exercise and good food – definitely need to press my RESET button today as I’m out with OH tomorrow night for a meal and a jazz concert 🎼

@catch87 – Happy Belated Birthday wishes for last Saturday – how wonderful to have celebrated your birthday and maintained – happy times
    @beedoo – that will be an amazing birthday cake for your little one party on Sunday
    @shinything – thank you for coming to the rescue with a proper link for my dress x
    @rainbowsmile – Thank you – as it’s a simple registry wedding followed by an afternoon tea with only the two sets of parents – I’m wearing some blue suede medium height stilettos and matching clutch – no hat or fascinator and I have a bolero style cardigan to wear if the weather is cool. Keeping it simple but hopefully chic!
    @Strawberriesandcream – yes I do have a personal trainer at home I could tap in 😉 but not sure I want to – I suspect he might push me more than I would enjoy……will try doing a session or two with my friend and see how we get on…….
    @missybear – well done on reaching your 128lbs and giving yourself plenty of wriggle room – I do hope that you are having a fabulous day today celebrating your wedding 👰 🤵 🎊 and looking at the weather forecast you are hopefully enjoying some nice weather too 🌤 Enjoy the continuing celebrations tomorrow celebrating your friends anniversary and over the weekend – looking forward to hearing all the details 🤗
    @rainbowsmile – just caught up with you post about your tumble and subsequent diagnosis of a metatarsal break – poor you
    @beedoo – Lille is fab – I went there for a long weekend with 2 girlfriends for my 50th – goodness me that was 10 years ago!!!! Loved its enchanting old town with magnificent French and Flemish architecture and good traditional Lilloise cuisine, ranging from Carbonnade flamande – small chunks of beef stewed in beer and sprinkled with gingerbread – to Belgium’s special mussels and chips and the shopping is not bad either – enjoy!
    @babs_b – good luck with finishing your thesis – you’ll do it x
    @rara0292 – lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear about your friend 🤗
    @diana123 – hoping that your MIL has picked up a bit x
    @jaifaim – 90th birthdays have to be celebrated – especially a Dad’s one – what a wonderful milestone!
    @daffodil2010 – love reading your ramblings – don’t stop…
    @debster251 – sounds like you had a fab time on the west coast of Ireland – lovely to hear from you and what wonderful news about your son’s engagement and his fiancee sounds lovely xx
    @coda – we have been missing you – many congratulations on becoming Grandparents of baby Theo 👶 Understand your cryptic quote – hopefully the issues will be worked out and resolved with the safe arrival of a gorgeous baby – you are in our thoughts – all my positive vibes coming your way 🤗
    @emma Taylor – glad you enjoyed Rome and you are not a heffalump x
    @daffodil2010 – great news about the job, lottery money and shares – all well deserved and I’m so happy for you

Joining @debster251 for a RESET Day and adding myself to Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @debster251 – RESET Day
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @at – RESET Day

SEVEN days to go after today to the end of this Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun with @rainbowsmile – Lots can happen in a week for those who might be struggling or still sitting on a dreaded plateau so lets buckle up and pull ourselves onto that 5:2 wagon and let us dispatch a lb or two more

Anyone willing to put themselves out there to host the September Challenge and keep these amazing challenges started by @coda going?????

“IF YOU DON’T CHALLENGES YOURSELF, YOU WILL NEVER REALIZE WHAT YOU CAN BECOME.” Anonymous

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Rainbowsmile sorry to hear about your leg. You’ll sure recover quickly with this WOL and attitude. Please take care.
    care of yourself

I cooked an artichoke and chicken salad which had sun dried tomatoes, red pepper, avocado and green leaves for lunch. This evening I’m gong to a 1976/1977 reunion when we were the last year of secondary school. We’re starting with mass and then a party I guess as they told me to prepare to dance.

Coda congratulations. 🎉🎈🍾 you’ll enjoy caring for him when you get the chance. My OH is caked Teodore for short we call him Teddie.

Onwards and downwards. Keep on keeping on you beautiful people.

Day 23 Dublin Ireland NFD

A flurry of activity on here since yesterday.. so much happening in everyone’s lives I came across this today and as it struck a cord with me I thought I would share 🙂
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, but Today is a Gift; That’s Why We Call it the Present

@foodfreedomgirl good to hear that the weather is cooling down a bit for your running. Those hungry days are indeed the worst. The biggest change I find with IF is that I actually feel hungry after a fast where as when those days hit I know I’m just eating for the sake of eating which was how I felt nearly all of the time before this WOL. So in a way those days are a good reminder that it’s a way of eating I don’t want to return to!

@rainbowsmile I hope you are feeling ok and on the mend. Your outlook on life is something I aspire to, already on to a way of healing yourself quicker, I love it!

@strawberriesandcream Well done on your C25K progress. If your interested there might be a parkrun in your area I found these great for my running and a great weekly event to track progress.

@debster251 What a shame they don’t allow dogs on the Cuilcagh walk. I hope you had a great trip and what fantastic news about the wedding. There will be great excitement for you all with the engagement celebrations preparations.

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing fine. Pretty good day yesterday that included yoga and Silver Sneakers 🙂 (glad to make anyone smile).

@missybear – congratulations and best wishes to you! Love that rendition of “Songbird” — needless to say, a song I have loved since I first heard the Fleetwood Mac rendition on their “Rumours” album in the late 70’s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTi19MPOvDw

Onward and downward.

Day 23, Guildford UK, FD

As I can’t move about there is going to lots and lots of FD. Who knows another WFD.

I will have to adapt the Gillian Michel 30 day shred to one leg. I will muse on it.

@songbirdme thank you for reminding us of that lovely version of the song. I had forgotten how appropriate that was for someone of your name!

@louiseo46 thank you for the compliment. What a lovely thought.
    I love presents and its great to think we get one every day.

@anna6 more delish food from your kitchen.

@at which jazz group are you going to see. Is Jazz your thing?

@fatfingers glad you are much better today.

@shinything you got this FD. Hold on tight it’s turning round fast.

@debster251 lots of wonderful things happening for you, gotta love it lots and lots dear heart.

@strawberriesandcream, same foot? Left foot? What mistakes did you make? By rushing it….. and months in healing! Really tough, did you have rehab?

@flourbaby a girl can dream can’t she?

——————————-

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @debster251 – RESET Day
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @at – RESET Day
    @rainbowsmile

Day 23 UK FD

Yesterday was either a solid MFD or a very CD – lost my piece of paper with the calories on! -but I’ll take it either way. Today planning for a solid OMAD FD. I seem to have rather a lot of salad & veg to eat up so may be an unusual meal 🙂

I’ve gone back to putting all possible FD food on a separate shelf in the fridge and thinking of it as my “fast food”, so when I open the door my eyes just look straight ahead 🙂 It’s so much easier to keep to good habits when I make them feel more automatic and tell myself, “This is what I do”.

Slept like a log after yesterday’s afternoon/evening out and woke up exhausted. V pleased to have remembered the MO as it definitely enhances sleep and reduces anxiety – I suspect forgetting has been partly why I’ve been so anxious this last couple of weeks.

i was trying to squeeze in a fitting session for new bras today as none of the old ones fit / are comfortable. But capacity got taken up by supermarket shopping for me and for my mother, who’s v slowly recovering from an infection & hopefully seen by GP tomorrow. Also looked for new trainers – mine are so bald now they’re slippy – and bought a lovely new daypack, first since 2003! Now I’m all stocked up and ready to concentrate on rest and ploughing on gently with project work. There’s something on every week for the next two months, and it’ll be good to feel ahead and well-paced.

@rainbowsmile so sorry to hear about your foot, but well done on your amazingly positive outlook. Wishing you a speedy, uncomplicated recovery xx
    @coda many congratulations on baby Theo, I hope things settle very soon x
    @missybear – have a wonderful wedding day! I listened to the song this morning and thought of you – thank you @rainbowsmile
    @emma taylor welcome back, and well done on staying AF!
    @daffodil2010 congratulations on your new contract! And yay for your windfalls! 🙂
    @shinything I love your birds 🙂 I’ve got families of blue tits and great tits back right now, the elder is awash with life from wrens to wood pigeons, and the sparrows are increasingly competitive over the food – a sign of approaching autumn.
    @jaifaim – long may you enjoy your bike as your happy place 🙂
    @flourbaby thank you for the water reminder – again!
    @debster251 sounds like a really lovely evening. Congratulations on growing a good ‘un 🙂
    @fatfingers get well soon x

Day 23 fasting Pocket List

@daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @debster251 – RESET Day
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @at – RESET Day
    @rainbowsmile
    @michelinme

Day 23 Idaho, USA Warrior FD

Day 23 fasting Pocket List

@daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @debster251 – RESET Day
    @shinything
    @fatfingers
    @at – RESET Day
    @rainbowsmile
    @michelinme
    @foodfreedomgirl – Warrior FD

Day 23 second post

NOT eaten carb and not succumbed to temptation – progress!!

Had the leftover salad bits with cottage cheese and an egg then distracted myself from residual hunger & carb craving by doing a few chores. Once everything was done I assembled my old fave of ff greek yogurt with raw cacao, tsp honey, a baked banana and topped with strawberries. Total calories for today 619.

This is my first week of successful fasting since getting sick end of June, and think that one WFD and one FD may be the thing that works for me. The WFD resets my appetite, the FD seems easier bc of WFD. Happy me, whatever Friday weigh day says. Shower & bed time #selfcare 🙂 x

Day 23 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Have finished a fun card making class this morning & then lunch with a friend
    Now traveling back home.

@missybear – wishing you all the best on your special day! May it be the beginning of many wonderful years together.

@daffodil2010 – I’m so glad life is turning around for you.

Day 24 – Japan – NFD

Normally I fast on Friday, but I have a family conflict so I’ll probably fast tomorrow.

Day 24, Guildford UK, WFD

Achy ankle today, inflammation reduced so some ankle movement. I can flex my foot but not rotate.

Sleep was amazing always is on a fast day. Going to encourage autophagy, get those macrophages working on the broken bone.

—————————–

@dykask I hope the conflict is just one of schedule!

@annemarilyn which types of cards are those? Sounds interesting and something that will create personalisation.

@michelinme glad you are back on schedule and you definitely are sounding like you are much more comfortable that you are. Breathe brave one you made it.

I also bought some new pretty bras, the golden oldies are shabby chic. And once you have some new measurements there will be style options. I bought many really lovely bras from Sainsbury especially on 25% discount. This made it possible to have matching Knicks. A look I love to distract from HP moustache tummy.

@songbirdme thank you for the link interesting article.

—————–

Today’s sunshine

https://youtu.be/T-xiGppCLkA

Especially for @coda and those of our crew who have children or even memories

——————

Today’s pocket list

@rainbowsmile (WFD)

Mari

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday’s FD went super well, until I rocked home from yoga after 9 and was ravenous so cooked a beef burger (100% grass fed beef…but still 😱) and because it was a full moon I sat out on the glass covered patio with my burger (no bun) and had a glass of red wine with it!!!

I feel so good though. The yoga was excellent. It’s kundalini yoga so there is also a lot of meditation and chanting and things I am not familiar with, but I started it just after my blowout at previous job and I feel it is also helping me to centre and connect. That, and the revelations from the “Lost Connections” book, are all pulling me along the right road.

Thank you all for your good wishes yesterday, and I honestly mean it when I say I would not have been able to get through this without you. My DH was super, but I did not want to overload him, my friends were helpful but again, I did not see them too much, and I did not tell my family until after it was all over.. You guys were my support group. Thanks.

Off to lunch with my workmate and best friend today, thus will be our Friday tradition. ☺️

Ha ha @rainbowsmile….Teletubbies !!!!!!

Day 24, Newcastle, FD

So yesterday’s new strategy went awry – because I forgot! Went to visit with an elderly friend and tidied up her front garden. Got home, ate sourdough, olive oil, olives and nuts, then remembered my OMAD strategy plus the Indian meal we were going out for last night with friends. So full this morning I will have no problem getting through today’s FD.

Thanks @louiseo46 – I already looked and yes we do have a well established run nearby. Exciting and motivating having something to aim for. And great quote!!
    That sounds ominous @dykask – hope you get things sorted out before the weekend.

Anyone without broken foot can skip the next paragraph.
    @rainbowsmile – it was my 5th metatarsal on my right foot. However, it was a full 18 days before I was x-rayed and put into a boot by which time the break was in various pieces – but did not need pinning as they were all in line. I was told 6 weeks in the boot by the consultant but the leaflet I received said I could start taking the boot off earlier – which I did – and that was my mistake. When I was next x-rayed, it was not totally healed but I was discharged from further hospital treatment as it would simply take time to heal properly. Well I’d mentioned I had a pain across the top of my toes but the consultant just said to see my GP if I had any worries. So I tried going back to Ceroc (really bad idea) and going about my normal exercises and walking and exacerbated the pain in my foot. I gave it more time then tried Ceroc again – bad move! Literally, first spin and I was in agony and had to stop. Finally went to GP who told me to stop everything and give it up to a year to heal properly – that it could be the tendons rearranging themselves. So I did as I was told – and after a further 7 weeks the pain had gone completely. I went back to Ceroc 3 or 4 weeks ago – and no problems – hence the start of my Couch to 5K to shift all the excess baggage that has crept back on since I broke my foot back in January.
    All the best with your recovery. If you give the boot the full 6 weeks or more and don’t be too adventurous too soon, that should see you right. My GP said physio would do no good at all – it was simply a case of time and patience. xx

Cold and windy but really sunny – need to spend time in our garden ahead of our trip to France next Thursday.

Thinking of all our missing comrades – hope all is well.

Day 24 UK CD

Friday weigh day shows me down perhaps 0.5lb from last week, but depends how still i stand on mechanical scales 🙂 My fat suit has stayed the same size, xc 0.5″ from my carbtastic tum. It had felt in danger of an Alien-esque explosion on Sunday so I’ll take that as a distinct achievement 😀

But I feel as tho fat is going from places I don’t measure – a hint of ribs perhaps, a sliver more energy after yesterday’s FD and a deep, MO-enriched sleep. Helps me to look back when I’m in danger of getting stuck in today’s details, and over the last nearly 9 months I’ve lost 34lbs and 6″ from my fat suit. My waist used to measure what my bust does now! That’s so worth remembering when i focus on my carbtastic tum, which increasingly resembles a peach 😀 (I must stop stoking it when I’m thinking!) This is the body I’ve got, and we get on so much better as friends 🙂

Now for late start gentle yoga & meditation, then project emails and papers. This weekend will be writing as there’s a big backlog for reports, web material, and a number of events coming up – ulp! I’m spending the bank holiday weekend at home gently getting myself ready for what lies ahead through rest and preparation (yoga, meditation, reading, project work and early nights!). Plus a rare family theatre trip Monday, part of my mother’s 80th birthday celebrations.

Wishing you all a sunny Friday, whatever the weather 🙂 x

Day 24, London, UK, NFD

1st of the dreaded 4NFDs in a row!! Aiming for control and I really need to keep busy, idle hands & all that!!!

I’ve just had my nails done, now off to grab my mum for some food shopping (steadfastly avoiding the chocolate aisle!!!)

Happy Fasting Friday to those who are, and for those on NFDs …………… control, control, control!!!!!

Day 24 Stevensville Maryland CNFD

Thank your all for the love felt thoughts and prayers.

Just a quick pop on, this week has been crazy nurses, social workers, taking her off all her meds, setting up home health care while we work, emotional moments, feeling a little over whelmed today.

On a happy note scale says down two pounds, must be stress but I will take it and relish in the moment.

Fitness is like a marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work. Happy Friday everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.